[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 481
Thread images: 99

File: Help.png (30KB, 772x634px) Image search: [Google]
Help.png
30KB, 772x634px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for fun should look elsewhere.

Please do (not) shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means evading tripfag drama or discussion about controversial subjects such as the decentralization of the roman empire.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and animæ)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This abortion of a wiki gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general. Additions are encouraged.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Question
How far would you take a "write-in"?

>Player Question
Is it unreasonable for a QM to say no to a "write-in" if it derails the original intent of the quest's story even if it's popular?
>>
>>1213052
>PQ
No
>>
File: Shinobu-nise.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Shinobu-nise.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
Which quest has the best lolis?

I'm talking the toppest of top shelf loli here.
>>
>>1213052
I almost always take write-ins. I usually spell out a few details about the decision to be made and let the suggesters have at it.

Also I'd say it's fine to say no to a write-in that contradicts established stuff about the quest or the character.
>>
Question from a fairly new QM - last session I ran, a side character dropped a fairly unnerving line about their homeland and some completely new IDs reacted to it humorously. I'd very wrongly assumed that my readership=number of voters, and now I'm aware that there are at least as many lurkers as players in my quest from the responses to my "end session" posts. What would you say the ratio of lurkers to players is on /qst/? Do significant numbers of anons really just read quests as they unfold without participating in the decision-making?
>>
>>1213185
>What would you say the ratio of lurkers to players is on /qst/
Hard to tell. 1:1 maybe?
>>
>>1213185
Of course they do. Honestly I'd probably say there is usually at least as many lurkers as players, often many more. I'd probably guess maybe a 2:1-1:1 ratio. Somewhere in that range.
>>
>>1213185
1) it was a new thread, so they may just be voters who got in late

2) that same thread had a shopping choice, and a lot of people NOPE the fuck out of that, and just skip past.
>>
>Ouro is coming back
Even now there is hope for /qst/
>>
File: rossbob.png (1MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
rossbob.png
1MB, 800x600px
>>1200316
>>1200316
>>1200316
Antimage Quest is running now!
>>
>>1213185
Yeah a lot of time people are happy to just watch if it's a vote they're not particularly invested in or their option's already winning.
>>
>>1213052
>QM Question
I'm always fine with accepting write-ins,
especially when the players are being damn clever about it. But I'll always flavour it to the character in question and I'd turn it down if it was vastly out of character. Luckily the latter has yet to happen.

>Player Question
The QM has the power to veto any write-in they want for any reason they want and there's nothing wrong with that. You can't expect them to accommodate everything. But that said, if it is very popular than there are likely some underlying issues here that the QM needs to address.
>>
>>1213052
>QM question
Depends on how reasonable and in-character the write-in is. I'll usually write the write-in ver batim, with some moderate editing.

>Player Question

Well no, of course not.
>>
>>1213185

>What would you say the ratio of lurkers to players is on /qst/?

For my quest, it's probably close to 4:1, because I usually only get 2-3 players but end up with 6-7 votes per archived thread on sup/tg/.
>>
>>1213149
Princess Guard Quest, of course!
>>
>>1213337
I keep hearing about that quest...
>>
File: Citadel Healthcare.jpg (340KB, 947x595px) Image search: [Google]
Citadel Healthcare.jpg
340KB, 947x595px
Trawler Quest is running!

>>1205444
>>
I'm expecting Beleaguered Prince Quest to end relatively soon, so I'm considering ideas for my next project. I've got a poll running on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BeleagueredQM/status/835686761141534720 that has more information, but I'd also like to check for interest in /qtg/.

>>Option 1: Legatus Goetia Quest:

Seventy-two demons rule the wastelands of Hell. Thousands of mortals seek to rule the Earth in their name. The contract is your burden… and your opportunity.

Hell is a metaphorical wasteland, devoid of pleasure and pain. In order to experience emotions and sensations, demons must live vicariously through humans. In exchange for this service, demons grant humans the power of magic. The mightiest contractors, those who are given command over a legion of 3,000 demons, are the Legatus Goetia.

The Earth is divided into provinces and ever-shifting Empires. The Legatus Goetia rule their provinces and form alliances and agreements with their peers for safety and stability.

Those who have just recently signed their contracts are sent to the College of Purgatory, a place where young nobles and other fortunate mortals can find allies, make enemies, hone their magical prowess, and impress their demonic patrons.

This year, it is your time to join the College.

>>Option 2: Metal Gear Solid: Heaven's Orphans:

You learned what peace was in a place outside Heaven. It's gone now, taken from you by the war you'd left behind. Welcome back to the battlefield, soldier.

The first language you spoke was Russian. The first place you remember is a winter landscape. You were a child, but you had a talent for killing and your handlers knew how to exploit it. You never thought it was strange; you didn't even know there was a life outside war.

That all changed when Black Wolf found you and brought you back with her. Your memories of the events are fuzzy, but you think you were ordered to kill her and lost. It didn't matter anyway. She took you to Outer Heaven and made you one of her subordinates. You were still a soldier, but it was different there. You didn't have handlers.

You had a family.

Then FOXHOUND attacked. You and many of your comrades escaped the NATO bombing that followed, but you lost your support infrastructure. Fortunately, Black Wolf had a backup plan: a luxury cruise liner. It's not an oil rig, but it's enough to store your guns and get you in range of your next job.

FOXHOUND and NATO aren't your only enemies though.

Someone raised you. Someone trained you. With some of the things that happened… you're starting to suspect they want their asset back.

(1/2)
>>
>>1213588
>>Option 3: Modern Shinobi Quest:

The era of the samurai is over, but those who were once called shinobi still thrive in the shadows. It's time to earn your pay.

You were born into a family of modern shinobi and taught how to lie, steal, hide, deceive, manipulate, gather information and hack. Now that your basic training is complete, you have been sent to live with one of your relatives in Tokyo. Although you still answer to your family, you have been given a great deal of autonomy for the kinds of jobs you can undertake.

Make a name for yourself and strike it rich. No matter what it takes or who has to pay.

>>Option 4: Tutelary God Quest:

By order of Amaterasu-ōmikami, become the tutelary god of Hachimichi. Bring good fortune to the region, restore the kami, subjugate Yomi and open the gates of Takama-ga-hara.

Something is wrong on the island of Hachimichi. Cursed youkai stalk the innocent, the souls of the dead are restless, and baleful miasma suppresses the power of the righteous kami.

Through your bloodline, you have inherited divine power. As such, you have been chosen to investigate the curse that has fallen upon Hachimichi and restore the power of the kami. In order to do so, you will have to take over the island's shrine, choose seven shrine maidens to incarnate the powers of the Seven Lucky Gods, sire the eight million to impose order upon the island's chaos, defeat the demons and evil spirits who would see the island fall into the realm of the dead, and re-establish the connection between Hachimichi and the world of the gods.
>>
>>1213588
Will the MGS quest have cute armpits?
I like the Tutelary God quest the most.
>>
>>1213337
Don't play with me boy, I just want some top lolis.
>>
>>1213588

I vote for Metal Gear Solid Quest.
>>
File: 1465080501300.jpg (427KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465080501300.jpg
427KB, 800x800px
>Going to try to get a thread up this Sunday by 7pm Eastern.
HE LIVES
>>
>>1214038
Who?
>>
>>1214045
QD, obviously.
>>
>>1213588
Everything except the Metal Gear Solid one sounds good. I like MGS and have nothing against it or the people who enjoy it, but seriously fuck all this goddamn fanfiction.
>>
>>1213588
MGS
>>
>>1213617
There's always Psion Quest.
>>
>>1213588
I would enjoy either Legatus Goetia or Tutelary God.
>>
>>1213596
Being a tutelary god seems really neat.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12434721
Strawpoll, Second Edition!
>>
>>1213052
>QM Question
If I personally didn't want to include a write-in that would make me uncomfortable or 'ruin' the quest, I simply wouldn't. There's absolutely no point in running a quest if you don't ENJOY running that quest.

Personally I like unorthodox write-ins, but if something -really- went off the rails I'd draw the line somewhere. Not because it'd screw over the MC or ultimately ruin their plan (hell that might be a plus), but certainly something downright stupid or completely out of character I would shoot down unless the players could justify it.

>Player Question

The best kinds of write-ins are simply attachments or minor alterations of options already presented. These show that the player has considered the options, then gone a step further and put thought into how they might improve it or net themselves a little something extra. At times they even bring back points the QM themself might have forgotten, like side quests or particular items of interest.

Certainly it's not unreasonable for a QM to say no if the write-in is derailing the quest, regardless of how 'popular' it is. 20 votes for futa-dickgirl shouldn't mean squat to a QM that doesn't want to run a quest centred around a futa-dickgirl.

>>1213185
There are at least twice as many lurkers than there are posters. I'm one of them in a lot of quests. Certainly more than that if you are included non-active lurkers or players that missed the session.

>>1213596
Modern Shinobi sounds like my personal jam, but that's just because of the open-ended nature of it. The others all seem to have some sort of end-game objective already in mind.
>>
Quests simply shouldn't have Russians.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic Russian show.

Just don't do it.
>>
File: gallery_5897_31_49360.jpg (95KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_5897_31_49360.jpg
95KB, 500x600px
HF returns when?
>>
Quests are utterly dead.
There are no good quests at all.
Accept this already.
>>
>>1215668
Wasn't that the bloke who railroaded his players into a lovingly described rape scene?
>>
>>1213185
That kind of reaction means you've said something REALLY interesting.

Aim to replicate that vibe every once in a while.
>>
>>1213278
He still believes?
>>
>>1215724
Hope Rides Alone (Quest)
>>
>>1215731
I had something very similar brewing, but I am postponing it at the moment in favor of another project.
>>
>>1215733
I'm not sure how I'd feel about a relentlessly grim quest anyway.
>>
>>1215724
Belief has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>1215739
it was a Protoman reference, since the other anon made one

>>1215735
It wouldn't be exactly as grim as Hope Rides Alone/Sons of Fate, but it'd be a lot more depressing
>>
>>1215744
Oh fair enough. Don't mind me then, I'm just getting in some early self-advertisement before Lamplighter starts up again.
>>
>>1215739
also the whole belief thing was with regards to qst as a whole
>>
>>1213596

>>Option 3: Modern Shinobi Quest:

For some reason, my mind immediately jumped to Ninja Slayer Quest, particularly the Machine of Vengeance manga.
>>
>>1215791
YEAART
>>
>>1213596

>>Option 4: Tutelary God Quest:

I'm not sure how to describe it, but this one sounds like those really weird manga that take place on deserted islands, with equally bizarre rituals.

You know, like that one about the Minotaur and crap like Evil Indecent Beings Inhabit This Island.
>>
Joker Quest when
>>
>>1215827
Garo Quest when
>>
Since i didn't get much screen time last time and i posted when thread was about to die I'm gonna do it again

Ello everybody
Im running a laid back, anything goes, not too serious, Quest

>>1209591
Link In case any of u wanna join in
It seems people here have something against waifus tho, just beware that there are a few here in case that's not your cup of tea

And sometimes there's mass-effect-ish smut
>>
>>1215990
>Link In case any of u wanna join in
>u
Get the fuck out.
>>
File: 1486328752256.jpg (68KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1486328752256.jpg
68KB, 700x700px
>>1216079
>>
>>1215804

Can we learn an Alabama Otoshi?
>>
>>1215990
I guess the whole "put effort into your writing" thing is just a meme, too.
>>
>>1216108

Everything is a meme.
>>
>>1216108
That good or bad?
>>
>>1213588
Turn the demon slaying one into Mercenaries with 52 demons to hunt.
>>
>>1216108
"just a meme" is a meme
>>
>>1215321
>Au Bleach had one vote for hours
>Suddenly has 14 votes
Sure no samefags here
>>
>>1216246
Really hope he goes with one of the two objectively better options.
>>
>>1216273
I do too, mech quests are always fun
>>
File: 008.png (63KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
008.png
63KB, 512x512px
>>1216264
>>1216264

Thread continues from a brand new quest! Make your dreams come true in a big dumb fantasy adventure! You can kill rats in here!

*Not responsible for false advertising.
>>
>>1216085
Fantasy Crusader Quest is up.
>>
So hey, I'm running my shitty donut-steel fanfic quest nobody gives two tugs of a dead dog's cock about right now.

>>1216288
>>1216288
>>1216288

Feel free to laugh at my bone-headed decisions, awful writing, bloated cast and reliance on waifufags to keep things barely alive.
>>
>>1215990
>mass-effect-ish smut
Nigga wat? Do you mean clothed dry humping?
>>
>>1216343
Lewd but now Witcher lewd, retaining a semblance of lewdness while not being Corruption of Champions lewdness
U feel me?
>>
>>1216299

Street Fighter>KOF
>>
>>1216143
It's bad, because it's just more misleading advice about how to run a quest going around.

Or maybe it's good because it will discourage new QMs from running, and once the current QMs get bored questing will die forever. I guess it depends on your perspective.
>>
>>1216371

Capcom Vs. SNK>Street Fighter
>>
>>1216108
The response to that quest is far bigger than anticipated
>>
>>1216390
Thanks?
>>
>>1216386

THIS BATTLE IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE
>>
>>1216427

FIGHT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ao66DG5Vg
>>
>>1216386
I like them all.
But, SC > All
>>
File: 1488268268494.png (216KB, 529x506px) Image search: [Google]
1488268268494.png
216KB, 529x506px
>>1216366
No. It sounds like you're trying to sell your quest on sex and romance while being too much of a pussy to actually write out the smut you're advertising your product on. So I guess Mass Effect flavored smut DOES fit your quest's description.

Pic totally related.
>>
File: oR63uZ2.png (415KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
oR63uZ2.png
415KB, 1000x1000px
>>1216702
Thnx m8
>>
>>1216702
Damn
I saw that image just a few minutes ago
>>
File: 25129.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
25129.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>1216635
Pyrrha Best Girl
>>
File: IMG_1756.gif (48KB, 160x100px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1756.gif
48KB, 160x100px
Shameless advertising of my quest, based off of Street Fighter

Totally didn't make this to rival KOF. Seriously. That was a coincidence.

Contributions and write ins ENCOURAGED!

>>1216126
>>
>>1216759

Pyrrha is straight-up /qst/ waifu material because she's utter garbage.
>>
>>1216864
i know

If Cassandra's fighting style was on SC V i would use that but the closest thing to it is Pyrrha with Sophitia's :/
>>
I'm sorry, but all of you are wrong, because the best fightan game is Guilty Gear.
>>
>>1216714
Awooment!
>>
>>1217003

It's not my favorite (3rd Strike is) but it is my 2nd fave.
>>
>>1217003

Guilty Gear is awesome.

>>1217243

3rd Strike is very cool.
>>
File: Scrap Bay Waterfront.jpg (124KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
Scrap Bay Waterfront.jpg
124KB, 700x400px
>>1205444

Trawler Quest is running! Talk to fellow officers, avoid politicians, and navigate the detached hierarchy of madness of Scrap Bay.
>>
>>1217003
this man is correct
>>
>>1216635
Is that really Ivy? She actually looks decent without her slut-armor.
>>
>>1216371
SFV is trash
>>
>>1215655
Quests simply shouldn't have American.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic American show.

Just don't do it.
>>
>>1218508
Quests simply shouldn't have People.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic person show.

Just don't do it.
>>
>>1218535
Quests simply shouldn't have discernible entities.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic things which exist in a state observably different from those around them show.

Just don't do it.
>>
4chan simply shouldn't have quests.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even ironically shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic things which exist in a state observably different from those around them show.

Just don't do it.
>>
File: Puff Ugh.jpg (57KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
Puff Ugh.jpg
57KB, 600x448px
>>1218601
>Using ancient memes
Of course, you would, Trick. That meme died on the first letter.
>>
>>1218605

/qtg/ simply shouldn't have TrickQM.

Every single post turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme moments suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic things which exist in a state observably different from those around them show.

Just don't respond.
>>
>>1218605
Quest Thread General simply shouldn't have posts.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme editions suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic Trick makes mediocre shitposts show.

Just don't do it.
>>
Quests simply shouldn't have lesbians.

Every single one turns into a shitty meme filled caricature. Even shitty meme quests suffer as a result, as they lose their cohesion and become the generic yuri show.

Just don't do it.
>>
Yeah okay this autistic meme's been driven into the ground so hard that it's turned to anthracite coal.

Stahp.
>>
>>1218508
I love being an Americans! America is number wa-han!

Oh I am from USEiya! My father also from USEiya! My greatgrandfather fought in the American Civil Jihad!

I am very proud to be an American, I am America's #1 douche!
>>
>>1218631
>anthracite coal
What disgruntled ex-geologists turned roguish mentor have you been fraternizing with?
>>
>>1213149
Doll Quest, when It runs.
The postapoc one.
>>
>this quest seems nice I'll catch up on it later
>quest explodes and there's hundreds of posts when there used to be just over a hundred and fifty a thread

I want to read it but at some point it's too fucking much to go through
>>
>>1218917
You can always just search the OP's name and only read his posts.
>>
>>1218923
Sure but then I miss out on any engaging discussion.

Like shit I don't have time to catch up I already have to catch up on my own quest with pre writing and asset design, and the longer I wait the more the problem compounds.
>>
>>1218927
>have a half-life
>QM
>play quests

Pick two.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Second day of my shitty fanfic quest has started because QM'ING IS STILL FUN TO ME DAMN IT!

>>1216288
>>1216288
>>1216288
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>1218927
>pre writing
>>
File: wT2B85P2gd-6.png (12KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
wT2B85P2gd-6.png
12KB, 300x250px
what concepts would you like to see implemented in a quest?
I would like to try my hand at something in order not to rust before my big project hits. (and fails, and sinks, and is forgotten by everyone else). Possibly something short.
>>
For those who were playing, Tribal Quest is back on

>>1212310#
>>
>>1218764
>postapoc
[Profuse retching]
>>
>>1219502
>darkagefantasy
[Preeminent asphyxialdialysis]
>>
>>1219511
>>1219502
Hey, at least it's not Steampunk.
>>
File: lamplighter6.jpg (683KB, 1583x845px) Image search: [Google]
lamplighter6.jpg
683KB, 1583x845px
Lamplighter Quest is back if anyone is interested. It's been a while.

>>1219558
>>
I CANT BELIEVE BANISHED QUEST IS FUCKING DEAD
>>
>>1219705
Hey anon take this as an opportunity to fill the gap that Banished Quest left.
>>
Well, here's a Worm quest

http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1219524#bottom
Go there if you'd like.
>>
>>1215321
I'd honestly like to run something not based in an existing universe, but the polls do speak for themselves. Really they were opinion gathering, but I think I can work with Bleach. As long as the first session doesn't dissuade me, I guess I'll stick with it. Maybe I'll do more polls, that worked for the Democrats, right?
>>
>>1219890
Then just run your own universe. You even said you most likely wouldn't run your quest on /qst/ since theres all ready a bunch of Bleach quests, and besides the vote got samefagged a bunch since it went from 1 to 15 in an afternoon.
>>
File: 6.1.png (800KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
6.1.png
800KB, 900x900px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
>>1219912
In the original poll it had 16 votes though. I don't really want to go back to anonkun either.
>>
>>1219890
Please don't do a Bleach quest. Those have been done to death at this point.
>>
>>1219918
They didn't all happen in the span of an hour though. And the fanfic option will almost always get more votes than OC stuff.
>>
>>1219890
Lame.

Also you probably got samefagged if >>1216246
has any truth to it.
>>
I'll make up my mind soon, probably run yet another poll between sci-fi and fantasy if it comes down to that.
>>
>>1219948
Honestly you sound like you don't even want to run the Bleach one, and if you don't really care about it then its going to be shit either way and nobody will be interested.
>>
>>1219954
Oh no, I care. It's just I don't have the same level of enthusiasm for some of the others, it's been a while since I've done anything but read a fan manga or play Brave Souls so far as Bleach goes is all.
>>
>>1218609
>/qtg/ simply shouldn't have TrickQM.

At last, something we can agree on.
>>
File: 1486824881051.png (45KB, 122x161px) Image search: [Google]
1486824881051.png
45KB, 122x161px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-13-name-pending/yk3b7aQTnmEtwCX4g

Don't expect Quality or Timely posts today this is me emergency running as I won't have time to do it otherwise

I also have no Idea what I'm doing

I also also might get pulled away as always
>>
File: Bored Blonde.png (169KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
Bored Blonde.png
169KB, 330x327px
Rolled 57 (1d100)

>Another "original" story quest
>>
>>1220090
God I wish we only got fanfic quests
>>
File: 1440202799780.jpg (94KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1440202799780.jpg
94KB, 900x900px
>>1220090
That's Aya Brea, protagonist of the Parasite Eve series. Here's the full image.

Also your shitposting was of a quality so low, I decided to make this informational post so that at least your post served some kind of purpose. You're welcome.
>>
>>1220112
>Skirts

Ew
>>
File: Priapus Homosexual.jpg (45KB, 365x217px) Image search: [Google]
Priapus Homosexual.jpg
45KB, 365x217px
>>1220128
Lemme guess you like pants on girls?
>>
File: 1451373267878.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1451373267878.png
129KB, 314x278px
>>1220142
How the hell else am I supposed to see the ass nigga
>>
File: SC Talim.jpg (186KB, 1086x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SC Talim.jpg
186KB, 1086x1280px
>>1220143
With the wind.
>>
>>1220143
>ass
>not thighs
Get back to your ritual sacrifice, primitive.
>>
Archelon is my favorite QM, he's even better than HistoricalFiction!
>>
>>1220224
I'm a cuck as well.
>>
>>1220262
what
>>
>>1213185
Lurkers make up a large amount of "players" and often only vote or comment sometimes or never.
>>
File: 1447666281.kartos_bowzi.png (34KB, 237x198px) Image search: [Google]
1447666281.kartos_bowzi.png
34KB, 237x198px
>>1220224
>HistoricalFiction
Is there a worse theme for a quest?
Fanfic is not a theme.
>>
>>1213052
>>QM Question
>How far would you take a "write-in"?
No limit, assuming it makes sense and has voter support. I encourage write-ins as much as possible.

>Player Question
Is it unreasonable for a QM to say no to a "write-in" if it derails the original intent of the quest's story even if it's popular?
Depends. A QM should be consistent one way or the other. I prefer to allow things even if they go against the original intent because I believe more that the quest ins a collaborative effort, but sometimes the chaos from design-by-committee is too much to handle and results in things worse off for everyone despite being the most popular option.
>>
>>1220285
Historical Fiction isekai
>>
>>1220285
Steampunk.
>>
>>1220285
Military fiction
>>
>>1220285
Fiction
>>
>>1220285
Harem.
>>
>>1220285
Low fantasy.
>>
>>1220285
Card games
>>
>>1220285
High Fantasy
>>
>>1220462
xtreme card games are the best.
>>
>>1220285
Medium Fantasy
>>
>>1220285
Rare Fantasy
>>
>>1220285
Isekai
>>
>>1220285

Above average fantasy
>>
>>1220285
Isekai
>>
>>1220285
Medium Rare Fantasy
>>
>>1220646
> Not liking your fantasy cooked through but still pink in the middle
That's some shitty taste you've got desu senpai
>>
File: 1488080956348.jpg (9KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1488080956348.jpg
9KB, 208x206px
>>1220668
>Meat is still pink or red

Literally kys

OR admit yourself to a zoo you fucking animal
>>
>>1220687
> Still destroying your food's flavour and texture by overcooking it
Sorry I don't live in a Third World shithole where you have to constantly worry about all the parasites and diseases in your food.
>>
File: large_welcometothezoo.png (282KB, 648x655px) Image search: [Google]
large_welcometothezoo.png
282KB, 648x655px
>>1220709
>>
File: revolting elf.png (414KB, 777x621px) Image search: [Google]
revolting elf.png
414KB, 777x621px
>>1220709
>not cooking your food in a way that your digestive tract will get the optimal nutrition out of it
>>
File: Switch.jpg (147KB, 850x1236px) Image search: [Google]
Switch.jpg
147KB, 850x1236px
Shipgirl Commander session up and running

>>1220722
>>
How long until the first Kemono friends quest?
>>
>>1221151
Not long enough.
>>
>>1220716
>>1221151
Congratulations you monumental keks, now I have the Kemono Friends OP stuck in my head. Again.
>>
twitter.com/reqmx

REQM IS BACK
FUCK YES
TIME FOR SPIDERS
>>
>>1220567
I actually really wanna make an Isekai Quest, I just gotta figure out how to do it...

Also a Yandere Quest, and a BBEG Quest...
>>
File: homeward_aw.jpg (337KB, 1426x709px) Image search: [Google]
homeward_aw.jpg
337KB, 1426x709px
A small update for those of you who follow my quests:

Nerv Bridge Simulator: There will be a thread this Saturday.

Homeward: No more threads until I figure out how to run the damn thing at a reasonable pace.
>>
>>1219502
Its a Nechronica based quest.
Its not so much "muh gangs fighting for resources" as Its "Everyone is dead, everything is fucked, even you are dead, hordes of zombies and horrible abominations roam the streets, the city seems to change shape when not looking and being asleep is probably more dangerous than fighting awake"
>>
File: 1388253879375.jpg (19KB, 355x328px) Image search: [Google]
1388253879375.jpg
19KB, 355x328px
>yfw new good quests can happen
TWS:TQ you've given me hope.
>>
>>1220687
You know who else eats steak well done? Trump. And you know who Trump literally is? Hitler. Stop being Hitler anon.
>>
File: Daria Burn.gif (71KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
Daria Burn.gif
71KB, 500x377px
>>1222284
>Giving up hope
s.m.h.
>>
>>1221490

Isekai Quest about a Yandere BBEG when?
>>
File: Virgindere.jpg (66KB, 780x274px) Image search: [Google]
Virgindere.jpg
66KB, 780x274px
>>1222416
>Yandere
>Not Tsundere
>>
When are we moving back to /tg/? It's time to rise up and take our rightful clay.
>>
>>1221731
>Nech Quest
Well why didn't you say so? Everyone knows Nech girls are the cutest little loli murderterrors
>>
>>1222416
>>1222439
Yall both have shit taste
>>
>>1222489
Tell us your taste then, Anon.
>>
>>1222446
>being this naive
/tg/ is dying. Soon, when it is 100% generals instead of 95% like it is now, /qst/ will loosen its rules and become the new, antiquestfag-free, superior board.
>>
guys, need some help. How to deal with this?

>the player had to be knowledgeable about all the various things as well

i think its my weakness in qm'ing
>>
>>1222343
You're right. I should've never given up so easily.
I will hold onto new good quests like a dependent clingy bitch to their heroin dealer bfbf.

>>1222519
I'm not sure I understand.

Do you mean problems with informing players about setting specifics or with writing in a way the character communicates their knowledge to the players?
>>
>>1222536
i will say both

The knowledge is a bit specific and sometimes i forgot to communicate the knowledge to the players
>>
File: emma-stone-excited.gif (882KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
emma-stone-excited.gif
882KB, 500x256px
>>1221671
>Nerv Bridge Simulator
>>
>>1222540
Keep notes of important information you expect to be relevant later, or that you will make relevant later, and then check it off once you've relayed it to your players. It might also help to make a note of which thread/post# the relayed information is in, for future reference.

As for character information communication, it's easy to do if you have a stupid foil you can explain things to. Or if your character gloats about something internally, or externally, as situation permits. Without more specific examples though, vague answers are the best you can get.
>>
File: shnaml.jpg (436KB, 1034x633px) Image search: [Google]
shnaml.jpg
436KB, 1034x633px
>>1222501
Smug granny lolis > near-feral violencesexuals > bullyable chuunis damedames > haughty ojous (actual effectiveness may very) > brown tomboys > regular lolis > original tsunderes >= kuuderes >>> literal shit >>> yanderes >= typical tsunderes

Fite me 1v1 fgt
>>
>>1222919
Thanks dude.
Ill try to keep this in mind when i am questing
>>
>>1213149
Bladebound Retainer
>>
Firebender Quest when? The one with the massive chargen.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running.
>>1223272
>>1223272
>>1223272
>>
>>1213052

One thing I didn't like in LBQ were write-ins that were basically "do all of the above" when it was time to make a hard either/or choice.

I called people on it 3 times, and since it continued, I decided that I would allow it but at a 25% percent global efficiency penalty.
>>
Why does /qst/ suck so much?

Shitty unreliable QMs, faggot ass players, it's just terrible.
>>
So, a thought, by board rules can we have Quest related request draw thread?
>>
>>1223491
We've had them before, so I don't see why not. You'd probably do well to leave a notice in qtg that you (or whoever) is running it and taking requests, though.
>>
>>1223491
It's not against the rules though how many drawfags come here?
>>
Can someone recommend me some quests? I like unusual premises and something with a fairly short backlog to get caught up on.
>>
>>1223638
Lamplighter.
>>
File: Trawler Quest #4.jpg (277KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
Trawler Quest #4.jpg
277KB, 1024x636px
>>1222284
Thanks, man - I had absolutely no expectation of my first quest doing anywhere near as well as it's doing now.

>>1223626
>>1223626

Trawler Quest #4 is running!
>>
>>1223640
What's it about?
>>
>>1223651
Just read the first thread and continue if you like it you lazy fuck
>>
>>1223726
Nah. Spoonfeed me.

More to the point, I think a lot of OP's don't do a great job of selling what a quest is going to be about so discussion of quests here is good for raising their visibility.
>>
>>1223651
Lamplighter is about a fairly dark world. Literally dark, because the sun god was ripped from the sky and his corpse torn apart, casting humanity into an age of darkness where earthbound monsters, abominations and witches lurk and prey upon the remains of humanity.

"Earthbound" is important, because the earth is composed of the bodies of like 300+ ancient Cthonic gods that died under the glorious sun, and with the sun absent now, their undying whispers worm their way into people's hearts and grant them power in exchange for servitude.

The quest follows a titular Lamplighter who has made it his mission to bring back the sun by traveling to the first city of man, in the hope of rekindling the the remaining embers of the fallen sungod's corpse.
>>
>>1219752
>implying such a gaping void can even be filled when players don't give fresh-started, OC fantasy quests a chance
>>
>>1221490
The best way to do isekai is don't fucking do it.
>>
>>1223491
>>1223503
>>1223597
Last time there was a draw thread it died out. I think maybe one or two Anons actually had their requests fulfilled.

Same with the meta thread that was supposed to be devoted to giving constructive reviews on quests. I think maybe one actual review was written.

Also, the meta thread discussing ideas for quests that might be interesting. There really weren't many posts there, either.

None of those threads were deleted; people just don't want to discuss these things, yet they complain about /qst/ being dead and quests being shit. They don't want to contribute to making this a better place, it seems.

I have yet to try drawing for people due to spending money on an app for pretty much that sole purpose but maybe my "art" is just as boring as my writing.
>>
>>1223807
Thanks. I'm about halfway through the first thread. I'm loving the world building so far. It's doing a great job of making magic feel mystical. A great take on ghouls too.
>>
Does anyone know what the max input for dice is on /qst/?

>>1224148
I'll take a look at that art for you, anon.
>>
Rolled 44, 19, 90, 53, 25, 15, 21, 91, 9, 95, 6, 66, 29, 26, 12, 30, 12, 41, 87, 17, 27, 31, 95, 79, 83 = 1103 (25d100)

>>1224570
Whatever this is.
>>
>>1224624
I know that's 25. I meant the max number in the "y" field of dice+xdy. Should've specified.
>>
Rolled (1d9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999)

>>1224635
No idea.
>>
Rolled 5435795444064 (1d9999999999999)

>>1224644
Huh, something went wrong there. Time for science. 13 #'s
>>
Rolled 1582 (1d10000)

This is all I really need, fingers crossed.
>>
Rolled 54032721091061833 (1d999999999999999999)

>>1224650
18 #'s.
>>
>>1224644
>>1224650
>>1224657
Wow, thanks anon, but all I really need is 10,000. Maybe 100,000.
>>
File: C4mir3yUkAAyi93.jpg (59KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C4mir3yUkAAyi93.jpg
59KB, 675x1200px
>>1221490
Don't actually do any of that

>>1222416
Especially this
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 1, 6 = 15 (4d6)

>>
When do you pull your punches?

in before "never"
>>
>>1225643
I don't see it as "punishing" players.

One example I ran had players vote to wall off the room with the magical dark particles and kill the thing it was summoning.

Technically the problem wasn't solved since the monster would be summoned again, but it's not like there was a reason for it to come back RIGHT NOW. The system was not actually interrupted, so there was nothing actually acting against the players.
>>
>>1225643
When there is enough discussion and worry that it is very clear the players are afraid of the consequences of the available choices being all overwhelmingly bad regardless of what is actually chosen, or an unbreakable tie results from their desire to take specific routes doesn't mesh well.

The usual method I use to deal with it, since the quest this is an issue in has 5 choices and accepts write-ins, is to go over the choices in more in-character detail and then take away one of the choices in question by having the character decide that it is an infeasible or useless option - regardless of the actual nature of said option. In game terms, the character focuses on the options most likely to obtain results or move their needs forward, discarding the option they believe least likely to be of direct or immediate use. After all, if the players really want that option they can write it in after, which tells me that they wanted it all along-which has never happened.
>>
File: andThenHeDied.jpg (98KB, 600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
andThenHeDied.jpg
98KB, 600x1000px
>>1225643
Never.

Hardship and failure is where the fun is.
>>
Ryukuza Quest continues after an unexpected hiatus.

>>1225796
>>
Who wants their quest reviewed?
>>
>>1225819
Would you be up to review a short series of related one-shots? Four threads total, same setting, same general time frame.
>>
>>1225826
Sure thing.
>>
>>1225827
Danke, my friend.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=New+Avalon

First one's a bit rough, and I've been trying to refine the mechanics as I go.
>>
>>1225811

Fantasy Crusader Quest is up. Get ready for Drow shenanigans.
>>
>>1225831
I'll get back to you by Monday or Tuesday.
>>
>>1225839
Badass, I look forward to it!

>>1225831
>>1225826
Are me on my phone, incidentally.
>>
>>1222683
>>1222683

The Third Kingdom quest is resuming. If you like supernatural and Constantine theme quest, this is for you.
>>
>>1225819
You still offer to do review?
If so, could you do one on my one-shot?
i would like to know about my weaknesses more

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive/1205323/

Thanks in advance
>>
Day 3 of The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn is now up and running:

>>1216288
>>1216288
>>1216288
>>
>>1225643
When you don't need to be punching at all.

Other than that, never.
>>
>>1225643
To make them relax before the dropkick to the back of the head barreling in from behind
>>
>>1226169

Academy Tournament Organization Quest is up!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1481114956213.jpg (107KB, 1191x1683px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1481114956213.jpg
107KB, 1191x1683px
Pilot Quest will be running in 1 hour's time...
>>
>>1199686
>>1199686

Panzer Commander Quest is resuming. Hope you didn't get too used to the terrain, because it's time for a transfer.
>>
File: tomcat3_by_grahamtg-da88jbq.jpg (687KB, 2674x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tomcat3_by_grahamtg-da88jbq.jpg
687KB, 2674x1080px
Pilot Quest is up! With deliberations about love, war and food?

>>1226466
>>1226466
>>1226466
>>
>>1226651
>>1226651
>>1226651

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now live again.
>>
File: Dragon in the Dark.jpg (1MB, 2592x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon in the Dark.jpg
1MB, 2592x1552px
>>1226658
>>1226658
>>1226658

Black Company Quest is Up!
Also, good to see Lamplighter Quest up again. Glad to see it was received well.
>>
After many delays and much flaking, Starcaller is running:
>>1226890
>>1226890
>>1226890
>>
File: virginia.gif (380KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
virginia.gif
380KB, 500x300px
>>1219705
i can't believe crusty is dead
>>
File: 139346801153.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
139346801153.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>1227121
>>
>>1200269
Guardsmen quest
>>
how do I git gud at skirmish games?
>>
File: 1301981869996.jpg (228KB, 396x593px) Image search: [Google]
1301981869996.jpg
228KB, 396x593px
Right, so I need some advice.
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=Brushwood

I feel like I could improve on what I'm writing down, or at least stream line it a bit more to where it's not so goddamn wordy, but I'm fucking obsessive about wanting everything to be shown.

What other things would you guys recommend me improving upon?
>>
I'm surprised there are no Wolverine-based fanfiction quests today.
>>
>>1227775
That's a thing?
>>
>>1227635
>kobold memefaggotry
Pass
>>
Inquisitor,Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, or Fugitive Jedi?
>>
>>1228416
BH would probably be too one note unless you are a talented QM.

Not a fan of Inquis due to the kind of players Sith MCs bring in. See SAQ.

Smuggler might be cool

Fugitive Jedi has a lot of variables that could make it really suck or be really good. Lots of potential though.
>>
>>1227788
I figured that people would be more hype due to the movie, and thus inspired to run fanfiction in lieu of that hype.
>>
>>1228416
Fugitive Jedi with his smuggler pal running from an Inquisitor and his hired bounty hunter help.
>>
>>1228458
So Star Wars Episode 4: A New Hope: The Quest
>>
>>1228475
or Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens: The Quest

MC Finn would be even more socially awkward than the movie
>>
>>1228475
You mean Empire Strikes Back.

Boba Fett didn't show up until the second one.
>>
>>1228496
>Boba Fett didn't show up until the second one.

I watched the remastered versions where they added him in to that one scene with Jabba the Hutt.

So retroactively, you're wrong.

Fuck you

t. George Lucas
>>
>>1228506
Fucking Lucas.
>>
>>1228506
Didney canon means that all Lucas edits are considered "legend" until The Mouse proves them canon.

t. The Invisible Hand of Commerce.
>>
>>1228517
Also, Boba Fett wasn't working with/for Vader in that scene anyways, so your post is still wrong.
>>
>>1228496
>>1228506
>>1228517
>>1228524

ACKCHUALLEE
>>
File: Spooderman Asshole.jpg (21KB, 500x340px) Image search: [Google]
Spooderman Asshole.jpg
21KB, 500x340px
>>1228628
>>
File: Tree of Faith.jpg (202KB, 1060x744px) Image search: [Google]
Tree of Faith.jpg
202KB, 1060x744px
From the earth you came, and to its bosom you return.
Accept this child, your Faithful servant.

This coming week.
>>
File: Ritz.png (520KB, 991x689px) Image search: [Google]
Ritz.png
520KB, 991x689px
>>1229101
For a moment I thought, "Ritz?! Holy shit, we get a quest about Nodoka's boobs!"
>>
>>1229143
Anime about crackers?
>>
Last session for The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #15 has just started. GET IN HERE ALL 2 OF YOU!

>>1216288
>>1216288
>>1216288
>>
i never got my qm-tan

anon lied to me
>>
File: Trick-tan.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Trick-tan.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>1229475
What you want, babe?
>>
>>1229524
a slow, agonizing death of irrelevance
with long drills, and a bonnet

i'm halfway there already
>>
>>1229475

Neither have I, but you don't hear me complaining.
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>1229536

Here you go.
>>
>>1229579
it's everything I dreamed it to be
every line, every sacred curve
thank you Trick

you make up for anon's failings, and then some
i am complete, and finished
>>
>>1229101
oh boy, another Riz quest where I have no idea what's best for me!

I legitimately can't wait!
>>
>>1226184
Academy Tournament Organization Quest has resumed!

>>1230050
>>
Alright hear me out.

Isekai quest . . . BUT

. . .

You're a medieval fantasy character who was slaughtered in an orc raid who was reincarnated as a Japanese policeman in modern day Japan.
>>
>>1230116
>Japanese policeman in modern day Japan
Finally. Something that has a hint of originality.
>>
>making up setting geography on the fly

I'm sure I'll never regret this decision.
>>
File: 1349984244749.jpg (97KB, 450x666px) Image search: [Google]
1349984244749.jpg
97KB, 450x666px
>>1229266
Ritz drew the Saki Majhong manga. She posted a schedule of her time alotments, which included a half hour masturbation break every 7 hours and approximately half of the entire time was alotted to drawing and shading Nodoka's breasts. Sleep was actually not included in the schedule.

This is Nodoka.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running now:
>>1230638
>>1230638
>>1230638
>>
>>1230432
>which included a half hour masturbation break every 7 hours

That is the industry standard. Unions tried to get it raised to 45 minutes but the bosses nipped that in the bud real fast
>>
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1226466
>>1226466
>>1226466
>>
File: 1456577029953.jpg (530KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1456577029953.jpg
530KB, 720x960px
Death Among the Stars 68 is up!

>>1230721
>>1230721
>>
>>1230658
>>1230658
Space Quest new thread up.
>>
File: Sprout of Faith.jpg (254KB, 680x954px) Image search: [Google]
Sprout of Faith.jpg
254KB, 680x954px
>>1230024
It's not a new quest, anon. It's just one I haven't run often. It was a short thing I started back when /qst/ was new.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?tags=foxfire

I do have a new one in mind, but I've still got to work on its development before I'm happy with it. I'll talk about that sometime later. It'll be a while before it actually launches (and hopefully FoxFire will have concluded by then).
>>
File: 7.1.jpg (410KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
7.1.jpg
410KB, 1280x800px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
File: 1488662709103.jpg (35KB, 680x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488662709103.jpg
35KB, 680x464px
>>1230116
Kill you'reself
>>
File: Zelda.png (964KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Zelda.png
964KB, 1280x720px
>His quest doesn't have a lore-heavy story, complex but related characters, a variety of adventures, philosophical choices and smart players
>>
>>1231313
>Lore-heavy story
Check.
>Complex but relatable characters
Check.
>A variety of adventures
Check.
>Philosophical choices
Check.
>Smart players
No such thing :^)
>>
File: nerd.png (78KB, 274x412px) Image search: [Google]
nerd.png
78KB, 274x412px
>His quest doesn't apply modern psychological conditioning techniques to make players care about their several potential doomed waifus and pre-selfsacrifice designated bro(s)
>>
CyberNinja Quest is go:
>>1231914
>>1231914
>>
File: The Ball Entrance.jpg (307KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
The Ball Entrance.jpg
307KB, 1024x636px
>>1223626

After a slight delay from the scheduled time, Trawler Quest is running!
>>
>>1227546
Explosions.
>>
Can anyone point me towards a good /qst/fu?
>>
File: I Have Killed Them All Coop.jpg (62KB, 449x405px) Image search: [Google]
I Have Killed Them All Coop.jpg
62KB, 449x405px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-13-name-pending/yk3b7aQTnmEtwCX4g

Gonna try to be running until 3 PM EST
>>
I've got a general idea for a quest but I'm worried that I'm not good enough to run it and I'm having trouble hammering out some details.
Should I just buckle down and give it a go or just give up now?
>>
>>1232907
Just do it. The worst that can happen is you're a massive disappointment to all parties involved including yourself while not having fun who leads your players on with missed and canceled sessions until you lose all desire and feeling after making arbitrarily bad decisions while being unable to write grammatically correct or consistently structured narrative with meaningful entertaining choices and railroading players into one of three bad ends to the point where you're forever remembered as a terrible total shit-tier QM who deserves nothing and also it was fanfiction.

So buckle down and try it nigga.
Not being good enough to do something is the excuse of the anxious, but it at least means you already care about trying.
It's not like QMing is a sport or profession where that attitude will destroy your life completely, that's what the curse is for.
>>
Game cancellation due to headaches.
>>
File: EMQ Logo Heavy Metal Nemesis.png (872KB, 1600x867px) Image search: [Google]
EMQ Logo Heavy Metal Nemesis.png
872KB, 1600x867px
Eclipsed Moon Quest is up and live with episode 146

>>1232989
>>1232989
>>1232989

I will get to the end of this quest if it kills me.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
GUNSLINGER QUEST RESUMES.

After getting caught staring at tits and shoved you challenged some random fucker to a duel to the death since he wanted to protect m'lady.

After blowing apart his shoulder at a 100yd shootout you now creep through a massive labyrinth in a game of cat and mouse to out this guy down before he can telk everyone what a creep you are.

(Fucking write-ins)

>>1226064
>>
File: Fivefold.jpg (18KB, 322x317px) Image search: [Google]
Fivefold.jpg
18KB, 322x317px
Any interest for a new World of Darkness quest? (Most likely Mage)
>>
>>1233209
>World of Darkness quest
Aww, swee-!
>Mage
Eh...
>>
>>1233229
What would you personally have gone for?

I am ambivalent between a KSBD quest, hacking together something questable with Chuubo or Nobilis, or doing this, so I'd appreciate feedback.
>>
>>1233209
Try demon, fits 4chan users with tripcodes better.
>>
>>1233209
Go with that Beast/Hero thing instead.
>>
Anything but mage really, lol.
>>
>>1233276
Psion Academy Quest is back.
>>
File: 5f7.jpg (166KB, 944x1121px) Image search: [Google]
5f7.jpg
166KB, 944x1121px
>>1231313
>>His quest has a lore-heavy story, complex but related characters, a variety of adventures, philosophical choices and smart players
>but it doesn't have cute girls with thick eyebrows
Dropped.
>>
>>1233239
>Victim: The Blaming
Nah, do Vampire but with some decent edge.

Although a quest from the perspective of the Hero where you take on these bullshit overpowered rape beasts that think there's nothing wrong with fucking with people's heads or murdering them would be cool.
>>
File: 1488687912027.jpg (488KB, 795x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1488687912027.jpg
488KB, 795x1024px
>>1233301
Especially if we embrace WW'WW's hatred of white men and play as STICKMAN, THE LAST HERO OF MAN
>>
>>1233310
>>1233301
Oh you will probably love what I did with Heroes for my own table. They are now called Paragons and are kinda playable.

I will see if that is gonna fly, but I am taking your feedback to heart.
>>
Rolled 4, 4, 3, 2 = 13 (4d6)

if one does a d6 dicepool (add up the numbers and see if they beat the DC)

is it best for the traditional best of the first three or just have the QM roll it once?
>>
>>1233299
You can't just add qualifiers until it's something nobody's doing.

>girls with thick eyyebrows
>cute
>>
File: Beckoning Up the Stairs.jpg (188KB, 958x453px) Image search: [Google]
Beckoning Up the Stairs.jpg
188KB, 958x453px
http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1223626#bottom

Trawler Quest #4 is running!
>>
Pilot Quest is up!

>>1226466
>>1226466
>>1226466
>>
>free form RP still allowed

I don't understand
>>
>>1234122
As long it has the typical quest elements, it's allowed.
>>
>>1234194
They quite literally are not quests.
>>
>>1234540
Well the mod quite literally does not care.
>>
>>1234578
>appeal to authority
>on 4chan of all places
>>
>>1234633
as opposed to appealing to everyone else, who also don't care?
>>
>>1234637
not an argument
>>
>>1234641
I love this meme.

Do another.
>>
>>1234633
Man, I'm just telling you the only person who has the ability to do something about your concern is entirely unconcerned.
You could probably get away with running anything that isn't straight up CP.
All ya can do is report and move on, if that's not enough it is what it is.

Actually, you might even be able to get away with that if you make it a thinly vieled shota sex quest with fade to black/pastebinned smut.
>>
>>1234721
>>1234721
>>1234721
Guardsmen quest is up, new thread!
>>
>>1234705
What is the lewdest a quest has gotten away with on /qst/?
>>
I have two ideas for a quest.

A political and diplomatic quest set in an independent steampunk stronghold where you have to do a lot of negotiating and resolving inner disputes

or

An Elder Scrolls quest where you play as a lowlife skooma dealer who would, presumably, end up a successful criminal mastermind.
>>
>>1235464
Which sounds better?
>>
>>1235453
Some quests even back on /tg/ managed to get away with hardcore in the thread itself.

Which is how it should be, text is safe for work, you don't get your post deleted for describing somebody being disemboweled by a bronze golem shoving their hand into somebody's ass and pulling their organs out of their rectum, or for sarcastic descriptions of how a particular movie makes your grundle tingle with excitement. The rule is inconsistent and retarded.
>>
CyberNinja Quest continues:
>>1235605
>>1235605
>>
If you're a MQ player or would like to play a quick and cute oneshot drawquest, come drop in!
>>1235660
>>
>>1230432
>drew
Still does if I recall. Also, Nodoka isn't even the biggest titty monster in Saki.

>Sleep was actually not included in the schedule.
Neither was drawing underwear.
>>
Damn this thread is dead.
>>
>>1236998

What can you expect? /qst/ in general is a dead board with not enough traffic to sustain itself.
>>
>>1236998
It's only "dead" because we're not shitposting as much.
>>
>>1237319
This.

You need a good divisive topic for people to verbally assault each other over.

Things like

Which quest has objectively the shittiest waifus?
>>
>>1237328
Mecha Pirate, of course. Harems are shit and so are the girls in them.
>>
I want to run a quest, but I fear that feeling of hopelessness that sets in after a few threads, and also that my incapability to commit will make me drop it soon enough. Should I still do it?
>>
>>1237450
What do you lose for trying?
>>
>>1237450
>Should I still do it?
No

Cause of
> my incapability to commit will make me drop it soon enough

Why waste anyone's time including yours?
>>
>>1237450
If what you want isn't enough to commit to then don't.
>>
>>1235453
Straight up smut
>>
>>1235453
XS writes actual smut in one of hers.
>>
>>1237577
You can't call actual facts bait cause you personally don't like it famalam.
>>
>>1237577
>>1237398

Speaking of baiting Mecha Pirate fans, holy shit are they the easiest quest fanbase to trigger.

I came into a thread and asked about a character and they immediately devolved into the type of anti-stranger, small town rednecks you imagine out of a movie like Footloose or Deliverance.

Its pretty hilarious
>>
>>1237590
Its because plenty of us knew who you were Trick you weren't fooling anyone.

>>1237586
How are they shit then? Sure you can easily argue Harems are shit, but the characters themselves?
>>
>>1237599
>you weren't fooling anyone.

I came in wearing my trip, calling myself a passing tripfag and asking a question about a character in your OP.

Where is the deception?

How is that a 'GOTCHA' question?
>>
>>1237599
>Its because plenty of us knew who you were Trick you weren't fooling anyone.
Well yeah he had his trip on. Dude was just asking a question not trying to fool you. Y'all were playing yourselves.
>>
>>1237609
Because you have a rep that your a shit stirrer. If you came in without a trip you probably be treated differently.
>>
>>1237622
>Because you have a rep that your a shit stirrer.

And you validated that rep by having your shit stirred instantly.
>>
File: de-warping.webm (607KB, 1280x540px) Image search: [Google]
de-warping.webm
607KB, 1280x540px
Chapter Master Quest is running.

>>1212778
>>1212778
>>1212778
>>
>How Mini handled his railroading dilemma.
>Took the option his players wanted but...

He takes it from you and points at the metal semi-circle which contains the trigger. "This, right here. Squeeze it like this." He points behind him without looking and fires it off several times, hitting a partygoer in the calf. He chucks it back over to you, and you catch it nervously. "W-woah! Alright, hehe, I'll give it a shot." You look over, and nod at Ai. "I hope you don't think less of me for this, dear."

The man who'd just been shot cries out. "My fucking leg! What the fuck!? Something bit me!"

She turns her head away, pouting. You line up the sights, and, squeeze. "O-oh! Woops!" Your hand slips, and you fire it off almost directly upwards.

>Woopslol!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
TRUE NINJA CONFIRMED

What a fucking copout.
>>
File: REV UP THOSE FRYERS.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
REV UP THOSE FRYERS.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>>1237961
>"My fucking leg! What the fuck!? Something bit me!"
>>
>>1237961
>The man who'd just been shot cries out. "My fucking leg! What the fuck!? Something bit me!"
Oh goddamnit, Archer!
>>
>>1237961
>directly upward
>not shooting into the floor for less lethal richochet

Shitposting aside, that's fine if the input was "feign shooting into the crowd" or something.
>>
>>1238075
>Trained dexterous ninja shoots in the sky while pretending he fumbled shooting into the crowd.

>There is no way the bad guy will see through this feint!
>>
>>1238082
I didn't say it would be a good feint.
>>
>>1237328

>Which quest has objectively the shittiest waifus?

Both of The King of Fighters Quests, because all the original female characters are either married, too old or carpet-munching dykes.
>>
>>1237961
That's not what happened tho
>>
Participant in worm quest. Though it was going to be power fantasy for the most part after the first thread was over. Then after learning about the actual story universe and the relevant TV tropes page, realize the QM just put us right in the most potentially dangerous position we can be in. Our characters sanity might not even be safe.
>>
File: 1475446012417.jpg (22KB, 741x530px) Image search: [Google]
1475446012417.jpg
22KB, 741x530px
>>1238365
>relevant TV tropes page
>>
>>1238365
>Our characters sanity might not even be safe.
boy I've never read that in a quest before
>>
File: 1457616921935.jpg (59KB, 312x312px) Image search: [Google]
1457616921935.jpg
59KB, 312x312px
>>1238365
>worm quest
>>
File: Wakka Doesn't Trust Al Bhed.jpg (277KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
Wakka Doesn't Trust Al Bhed.jpg
277KB, 768x432px
>Memes/pop culture refs in quests
>>
It wouldn't be bad to have a real worm quest.

The protagonist is a worm. The MC does wormy things.
Eating dirt. Being a hermaphrodite.

That's the quest.
>>
File: Disgusting.jpg (40KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Disgusting.jpg
40KB, 350x263px
>>1238678
>Being a hermaphrodite.

>futa
>>
>>1238678
Pinworm a shit. Tapeworm is best girl
>>
>>1238678
You mean eat dank spice, secretly lust after your sister thanks to her evoking memories of your mom from the memories of your dad rattling about in your mind, and then sheathe yourself in skin that is not your own until you become a god-emperor of an age of dreadful peace?
>>
>>1238678
that actually happened once before it got banned
>>
>>1238693
>>>Being a hermaphrodite.
Snail is too, but because faggot
>>
>>1238734
Okay now we're talking.
Shai Hulud Quest when?
>>
File: dune_sandworm_art.jpg (25KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
dune_sandworm_art.jpg
25KB, 450x334px
Shai-hulud
>>
>>1238875
Bad luck and decision making?
>>
>>1237599
>the characters themselves
If they were any good, it wouldn't be a harem.
>>
File: 1488662871600.jpg (48KB, 480x656px) Image search: [Google]
1488662871600.jpg
48KB, 480x656px
>>1239400
Literally
Metaphorically
Spiritually
Figuratively
This
>>
File: Decision.jpg (17KB, 179x246px) Image search: [Google]
Decision.jpg
17KB, 179x246px
Trawler Quest #4 is running! Please god get us back to the sea edition.

http://boards.4chan.org/qst/thread/1223626#bottom
>>
>>1239400
This is true. I notice in harems, the girls always lack something. Individually, they have dull, incomplete overdone personalities are lame.
>>
File: 1488246588870 (1).jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1488246588870 (1).jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>1239816
Who needs personality when you have anime cardboard cut outs like these?

Don't you want to stick your dick in the middle one's mouth? And that tasteful heart eye patch.

I can see why this quest is so popular now.
>>
CyberNinja Quest is starting up again.
>>1236348
>>1236348
>>
>>1239914
>Goth Maid
I'm a sucker for the aesthetics.
>Chinese Nerd with freckles
Cutie
>Pirate queen with heart-shaped eyepatch
I love this trope. The last two are eh-tier.
>>
>>1239914
Man I want to strangle whoever thought it was a good idea to shove all the waifus in that image.

Cause there is a decent OP image behind all the MS paint cropped bullshit.
>>
Man Vox can suck my fucking dick!

*waits patiently for Vox to respond*
>>
File: 1488299292827.jpg (90KB, 703x516px) Image search: [Google]
1488299292827.jpg
90KB, 703x516px
>>1239400
Nigga you can't just be dropping phat wisdom on ignorant fools like that. They'll end up with sleep paralysis from getting woke too quickly.
>>
File: 179de21cfac7dd03262fa5c2250f0a10.jpg (157KB, 971x1569px) Image search: [Google]
179de21cfac7dd03262fa5c2250f0a10.jpg
157KB, 971x1569px
>>1239400

What if it was an emperor's harem full of intrigue, manipulation, competing for the emperor's ear, plotting with ambitious members of court, framing competing concubines and wives to get them out of the way, assassinations both against and by you, and so on? Maybe there would even be sex sometimes.

Or would it just end up as Waifu Quest without the meta?
>>
>>1240824
If you play the emperor, it's shit.

If you play an ambitious concubine in the God Emperor's thousand woman harem starting at the rank of 1000 and having to work your way to the top through grit, subterfuge, wit, potentially hot blooded shonen action depending on genre, well . . . then you might have yourself a decent quest.
>>
>>1240824
Have fun trying to get your players to actually see a plot through though.
>>
>>1240824
Only if it's yuri.
>>
>>1240836
So like

A woman's harem where you're all competing for her.

Or is the emperor still a man but you engage in lesbian shenanigans with your fellow harem members for most of the quest
>>
>>1240839
You're woman emperor pretending to be a man and you have to avoid detection by your political enemies while ensuring prosperity of the empire.
>>
>>1240839
>>1240824
you're the secretly female emperor who is ALSO masquerading as one of your own concubines to investigate the harem.
>>
>>1240836
I don't know man, for me yuri only works if it's the sugary-cute lovey-dovey kind. When it's all manipulation, deception, and knife-in-the-back politics then it's just not yuri anymore. I can see homosexual encounters fitting the tone just fine, but I have trouble seeing how yuri would fit in.
>>
>>1235464
How about you keep running your current quest
>>
>>1240871
I will be continuing it.

It seemed like people started losing interest in it, though.
>>
>>1240875
>not informing everyone that your taking a break
Yo wtf mang
>>
How do you guys feel about the new drow spy quest? I'm reading it down now and it looks good so far.

>>1213185
I may not always participate in votes, but most of the time it is due to irl issues, including timezones. I miss about most quests' first half of the run due to me sleeping at that time. A shame really.
>>
>>1240899
I like it but >timezones.
>>
>>1240899
What you need is a quest with stupidly long spaces of time between updates so no matter what timezone you're in you can vote on something.
>>
File: Kingudoro.jpg (1MB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
Kingudoro.jpg
1MB, 675x900px
Dark Gate Academy: New Years in March Edition is now up!

>>1240941
>>1240941
>>1240941
>>
>>1240855
>When it's all manipulation, deception, and knife-in-the-back politics then it's just not yuri anymore.
What, the women too realistic for you?
>>
File: Rinmaru Yashi.png (317KB, 455x601px) Image search: [Google]
Rinmaru Yashi.png
317KB, 455x601px
>>1240855
I run that quest already. The players are hype.

They're waiting with trepidation on the inevitable instance where they get involved in something dangerous because one of the girls likes causing deadly fights for her own entertainment.

Image related.
>>
>>1240851
>>1240839

Someone keeps asking me to run Red Lantern Quest already.
>>
>>1240824
Sounds dumb. You've also been suggesting this same exact fucking pitch since /qtg/ was still a thing on /tg/.

It's been like two fucking years by now, either fucking run it or fuck off.
>>
>>1240913
What do you mean?
>>
>>1240977
I don't mind. It doesn't fit my definition of what yuri is, but I absolutely did not say that it's a bad thing.

>>1241003
Kind of does take the sting out of the whole treason and backstabbing if the players actually want it to happen, though!

>>1241053
Nah that's alright. I already have a quest, don't need another right now.
>>
>>1241056
I'm asleep when it runs.
>>
>>1241005
>Red Lantern Quest
YOU ARE ANGRY! ALL YOU SEE IS RAGE AND BLOOD! WHAT DO!?

>>1241059
>It doesn't fit my definition of what yuri is, but I absolutely did not say that it's a bad thing.
Well, the genre was built on angst and relationship drama. Also bad ends, but thankfully we've moved on from that.
>>
>>1241123
I still love bad ends. They're awesome!
>>
What's the lowest the qst audience can be expected to go, morally?

I'm working on something where the player can interact with criminal organizations, which has a market for slave trade (in a setting where slavery is near universally banned and seen as immoral). Would they take advantage of it given practical (if certainly not righteous) incentive or will they try and attack the slavers for the fun of it?

Said slavers would be rather influential locally, since the location in setting is quite lawless and outside interference from international human rights organization meddling.
>>
>>1241218
>will they try and attack the slavers for the fun of it?
Absolutely yes.
>>
>>1241218
Depends very much on how you establish the MC and their personality.
>>
>>1241218
Honestly it's a crap shoot that depends on what people you attract.

I've seen people go full edgelord and full moralfag in quests. Sometimes in the same quest where they argue for half the thread.
>>
How many people are into Harry Potter stuff here?
>>
>>1241241
Neck yourself.
>>
>>1241241
More than would openly admit.
>>
>>1241248
>>1241256
Interesting.
>>
>>1241241
I'm into Harry Potter. I feel like a whole shitload of people misinterpret it, though. Like sincerely thinking Dumbledore believed in the Greater Good in Harry's time. That or they fuck with the setting because they're edgelords or mugglefuckers.
>>
>>1241241
A lot of people. Hating it is mostly contrarian memes.
>>
>>1241269
>>1241270
Hmmm, okay. I'll get back to ya'll in a bit.
>>
Is there a point in running a non-fanfic quest?
>>
>>1241241
That one HP thing back on /tg/ was pretty popular, so it would probably pull a crowd here too. There are a lot of people in the late teens and early twenties here, and every single person in that age group loves HP, with no exception.

NO EXCEPTIONS!

>>1241301
Because you have fun doing it?
>>
>>1241301
Is there a point to running a quest?
>>
I read a series of One off roguelike quests that I loved on here a while back and it seems as if the original OP is never going to return and do more of these or at least no time soon.
Is it acceptable I took up the reigns and ran my own quest using his material and rules etc?

For reference the quest I'm running:
>>1240983
>>
>>1241310
That's nice but the CIA leaks are way more interesting than your quest.
>>
>>1240148
At least they spared you the trouble of reading the fucking quest
>>
>>1241382
This. The image is a perfect representation of the quest: a bunch of worthless harem waifushit centered around shallow anime recolors and maybe some spaceships I guess.

It's a trashy quest with a trashy OP image, I don't see why that upsets you.
>>
>>1241303
Is there a point to anything?
>>
NEW AVALON REVIEW

Disclaimer: I’ve never played a game of Changeling: The Lost before.

New Avalon is a series of one-shots in which Vox constantly asks for feedback about his mechanics. I doubt he actually cares for feedback about anything else, but I’ll share some of my thoughts anyways. I’ll also be concise to the point of being curt, because otherwise, I’d feel like I wasted my time writing it.

KING OF NEW AVALON

This is the first one-shot. The writing starts off awful to parse, but it gets better. The prose also has a wonderful cadence that results from Vox attempting to shove as many adjective clauses and unnecessary commas in the middle of perfectly fine sentences. It gets better, but never disappears altogether.

The story is simple and fits a one-shot format: you’re Arthur, and you’re on a quest to find Excalibur. Except it’s in magic Baltimore. And you’re an ogre.

You are immediately thrust upon a slew of proper nouns. There’s enough context clues to explain half of them. At about halfway through the thread, the other half are laid out in paragraphs OOC. It’s mostly Vox jerking off to the setting.

A lot of the characters are bordering on the edge of passable. Most of them have no impact; anything interesting is gone after a few lines. The main character is fine as he is, although there’s some wasted potential from Vox being too afraid to take control from the players.

I’ll take about mechanics later.

If you don’t know the setting, you probably shouldn’t read this.

SCARRED BY THORNS

Vox has now decided to interject non-necessary information by parentheses (there’s no way this is awful at all), even after all those em-dashes, colons, and semicolons.

Action is more descriptive and drawn out. Someone loudly complained earlier. Guess Vox listened a little.

The story is about a Changeling who just comes back to the mortal realm. You do a thing, and then it’s all over; it blows its load too soon. It’ll leave you hanging, panting, and wanting, and your only option left will be to read something genuinely good, like /qst/ plays Myst. Even the epilogue is incredibly unsatisfying.

The exposition’s fitted into story through ham-fisted dialogue. It’s somewhat entertaining, so it’s passable. Personally, I would prefer a combination of this and the ridiculous immersion from King of New Avalon. Vox does this once with the word “Fetch,” where right after the narration also highlights this bluntly. You know, just in case you didn’t get it, you fucking retard.
>>
Characters are garbage. The sole purpose of most exchanges is moving the plot forward and not for characterizing the speakers in a memorable way. Also, Vox believes in providing the MC’s jump-off point for the players to then characterize. Please realize the bottom of the ocean is not a jumping point. Here, MC is incredibly passive and reactive in terms of story progression. The group of people who finds this interesting probably overlaps with those who eat paper.

This one-shot is extremely short. It’s also extremely insulting to your time.

JULY AT CHRISTMAS

Vox suddenly decides to not write like trash.

July at Christmas is about a pyromaniac wrangling with political affairs, and it’s dialogue intensive, as it should be. MC deals with a myriad of assholes. She’s also an asshole.

There’s too many aggressive assholes. Vox, you don’t have to leave an impression with your fists. Still, interactions between the characters carry the story easily, rather than the setting being in the front. Conversations are interesting for once.

Should you read this? …I guess?

MECHANICS

Alright, Vox. I know this is all you care about.

Die are with best of two using 1d10 + modifiers. Critical overrides are disabled, because that’s a special kind of stupid with 1d10s. Modifiers are explained in a character sheet, and the cost of using bonuses is “Glamour” or nothing if circumstances will allow. Glamour is your currency for saving rolls, and it’s capped so that not every roll can be saved. Jokes on you, Vox is so soft you can use it every failed roll.

The length of a one-shot makes it so that this isn’t a resource you have to manage. The DC on most rolls are so pathetically easy that every time someone fucks up, you can patch it up with Glamour and there’ll be no disaster. This is painful to watch in the third one-shot, where Vox gives handouts every time you’re low on it. Also, fucking up a roll and losing health doesn’t do anything, because the one-shot would end before you actually die.
>>
File: graph.png (15KB, 595x359px) Image search: [Google]
graph.png
15KB, 595x359px
Rolls. Okay, it’s a best of two because a best of three makes it harder. It also means the rolls are more variable. Having to rely on two anons to ruin everything instead of three means every roll is even more nail-biting than before. But rolling poorly means being punished for luck and not the players’ actions. It goes against what Vox seems to be looking for: having players properly assess a situation. He drops down a character sheet— which lists multiple usable skills—an attribute list to give bonuses in specific situations, and DCs for each prompt when needed.

There was a mention that the collection of Glamour was an issue. Maybe blend it in narrative and use it as a reward rather than a task that the players have to go through. Smart choices result in Glamour down the line. This way, the story doesn’t have to take pit stops often, and players are incentivized to think harder. I mean, Vox is already carelessly doing this without even prompted to. Want to take time to make Glamour collection a part of the story as an interesting way to help characterize people? Small arc to collect it. Don’t want to slow the plot? Put it at the end of threads, or end of days in the narrative.

And for skills in the character sheet, at least mention them in the story loosely before letting the players use it. Ease them in. I’ll always think that these things add too much complexity too fast and are awful, clunky crutches that help tide over the fact that the system couldn’t be streamlined smoothly into the prompts.

Glamour and bonus providing skills have made the dice a joke, and by extension, the prompts that ask for them.

I SHOULD WRAP THIS UP

Enough overzealous potshots. Vox’s style of writing is by no means boring. Between the vivid imagery and varying sentence structures, it’s all fun to read. To boot, the setting is, admittedly, very interesting.

I have attempted to plot a diagram of the level of quality of these one-shots. Despite the difficulties of creating a trendline with a lack of data, I’ve manage to salvage some comprehensive findings that will assuredly determine the quality of the up and coming “Cinderella Sanction.” This name is easy to remember because Vox repeats it constantly to remind you. He’ll run it in Fall, he says? Yes, advertising a quest he won’t run until months later when no one remembers.

But holy mother of fuck, of course I’ll be there. Just look at the projections on the graph, it’s all too telling! Jaw dropping, really. There's no scale for quality, but who needs that when you can easily see that it’ll be around three times better than “July in Christmas”?

Well slap my ass and call me a bitch, that does it; better hold out for Vox’s real Changeling quest.
>>
>>1241775
>>1241779
>>1241781
Hello, police? I'd like to report a murder.
>>
What makes a good quest, /qtg/?
>>
>>1241816
an engaging setting with a situation that creates intrigue and any amount of urgency. it can be done even with a shitty setting by playing up the urgency.

but over all, if your players are completely helpless its no fun. if they can just solve their problem with a shrug and bullshit, its worse.
>>
>>1241781
>>1241779
>>1241775

Listen you nigger no one gets to talk about Vox like that except me.
>>
File: 1468711976982.jpg (91KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1468711976982.jpg
91KB, 1000x800px
>tfw you get anxious about your quest idea but then remember you have exams and problem sets to hand in so you wouldn't have time to run it anyway
>>
>>1241372
Did they leak if I get to bring friends?
>>
why is low/no fantasy pre-modern such an unpopular theme?
>>
>>1241775
>>1241779
>>1241781
Thank you very much, anon. And...yeah, I did kinda over-emphasize my desire for mechanical feedback; frustrations with RPG design have made me keenly aware that the dice can break an experience if they're not done right. Thank you for the read, and your feedback.
>>
>>1242126
Because the past sucked.
>>
>>1241816
Agency. Players love it when their decisions and actions have tangible effects. Take a look at Audit Quest - there's no real urgency there but people are going crazy about ideas for monsters and dungeon design.
>>
>>1242236
nonsense, especially when this board is full of fanfic quests
>>
>>1242341
Take your boring obsessions to >>>/his/ .
>>
>>1242367
Kiddo, take your ass back to >>>/b/
>>
>>1242395
>>1242367
>>1242341

Take all your shit quests to

>>/tg/
>>
CyberNinja Quest continuing:
>>1242717
>>1242717
>>
>>1242395
See >>1242367
>>
>>1242422
We tried, we got kicked back out.
>>
>>>/tg/52068210

QTG, does your (favorite) quest need a hot springs episode? How do you think it would play out?

Has it already had one? Did you enjoy it? Why/why not?
>>
File: Smug Candy.png (96KB, 226x164px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Candy.png
96KB, 226x164px
>>1243410
>All of those anime permavirgins thinking hot springs are only for sex; not for relaxation
Also, currently we're in a desert so no.
>>
>>1243410
No. It needs an excuse for systematic mass killings.
>>
>>1243448
So a shower scene?
>>
File: 1486403279628.jpg (35KB, 399x513px) Image search: [Google]
1486403279628.jpg
35KB, 399x513px
Expect me to run a bunch of One-Shots in the future

Expect none of them to survive and run again
>>
>>1243560
. . . Or a cooking episode.
>>
>>1243596
That's what one-shots means, anon.
>>
>>1243620
I think he meant the protags.
>>
A quest where you're a petty criminal in 1800s London with authentic dialog and slang.

Yes or no?
>>
>>1243694
No players

But go ahead and try to run it, loser.
>>
>>1243696
So add the ultimate pleb bait - MAGIC
>>
>Gay crusaders and their quest to convert the Muslim by butt fucking them
Interested?
>>
>>1243789
No.
>>
File: crusade.jpg (263KB, 780x2323px) Image search: [Google]
crusade.jpg
263KB, 780x2323px
>>1243789
Make it yuri and you'll have readers anyway
>>
>>1243789
will we hear the lamentations of their women?
>>
>>1243814
I'd read it.
>>
BATMAN (quest) BEGINS.
In this little prologue we can hopefully decide a setting, set our proficiencies, craft a tragic backstory, and stop some street level crime.

>>1243993
>>
What should the questions be in the next thread?
>>
>>1244298
"Why are the quests you like shit?"
>>
>>1244298
"Why do people insist on making things you don't like and on not making things you do like?"
>>
>>1244298
>"what is one thing you regret putting into your quest, be it something you came up with or something a player came up with?"
>>
What's a good way to remove "I-Ijust wanted to be tacticool" CoDtards from a quest?
>>
>>1244676
Gas. the answer is always gas.
>>
File: Sample 4.png (2MB, 2911x2047px) Image search: [Google]
Sample 4.png
2MB, 2911x2047px
Would you ever commission anything for one of the quests you run or participated in? Have you? How'd it go?
>>
I'm bored and too lazy to look for a thread. If anyone is running a quest I'll gladly participate.
>>
File: Riding.jpg (360KB, 744x900px) Image search: [Google]
Riding.jpg
360KB, 744x900px
Shipgirl Commander session is up

>>1245060
>>
if this is the last post
it's mine
>>
>>1245409
Not on my watch
>>
File: middle manager fingers.gif (1MB, 268x330px) Image search: [Google]
middle manager fingers.gif
1MB, 268x330px
>>1245415
>>1245409
>>
>>1245409
you're wrong
>>
>>1245420
Keep trying junior
>>
File: Wait.png (96KB, 376x238px) Image search: [Google]
Wait.png
96KB, 376x238px
>Page 11
>>
ALRIGHT SECOND ATTEMPT HEREWEGO
>>
File: P3P_Shinjiro_smile_protrait2.png (22KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
P3P_Shinjiro_smile_protrait2.png
22KB, 256x256px
>>1245441
>>
>>1245441
Get cucked
Thread posts: 481
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.