[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possible Shadowrun Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3907.jpg (14KB, 355x142px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3907.jpg
14KB, 355x142px
Would anyone on here be interested in/care about a Shadowrun quest, or is it just anime and manga guys here in /qst/?
>>
>>1080209
Questions like this usually go in the general thread
>>1068215

But to save you time, just about anything goes here. The only way to find out if anyone is interested is to run it and see who joins.
>>
>>1080209
We've got one already involving an occultist, but I'd love to see another one, particularly if it involves less magic, more tech, and stuff involving go-gangs.
>>
>>1080246
I'd still include magic.
I don't do Shadowrun as a replacement for regular cyberpunk; there's other stuff then that that uses plain old cyberpunk better, even if it's not as famous or popular.

I do Shadowrun because it's Shadowrun and despite the trappings of cyberpunk it really is it's own thing at this point.
>>
>>1080262
Oh, I know. I'm just hoping for the option to play someone tech focused, either hacking or cyberware. Hell, even a technomancer.
>>
>>1080428
The idea actually was that I'd offer a character option for every basic SR archetype (Decker included) each with a set "character" to it; each character would have a backstory and personality but you'd decide his actions and reactions.
You'd have/assemble a team and periodically you'd switch between members of your team on runs, with the original character being the "main" character.
>>
>>1080209
Just some advice to make your quest good, OP.

1) Pre-gen the MC. As in, have a character already set. I know you want to make the MC's role be chosen by us, but other than that, you need to set it before the game starts. Too many quests sank in chargen because of arguments.

2) Be prepared with a plotline, and be even more prepared when us players drive it off the rails in unexpected ways.

3) Don't make the character do things they don't want to do (or do things against their character), even if there's a majority vote.

4) Most important of all is to let all of us, the QM and the players, to have fun/enjoy the story.

That said, good luck!
>>
>>1080553
This isn't actually my FIRST quest, so I knew most of that stuff.
And yeah, though the character's role would be chosen by the players the idea is that each archetype would have an existing name, handle, backstory, and personality.
>>
>>1080559
Hell yeah shadowrun. Maybe we can be a tech savvy bastard this time
>>
>>1080209
Sure,

Long as you don't plop us in front of a dragon at the start
>>
>>1080559

after everything you said you can count me among the interested.

waiting for thread start then, I gess
>>
>>1080771
Forgive me for saying so, but when that happens I always ask my players this;
>"What was Running Rule No.4 again?"
>>
>>1080209
yes
would you be interested in running regulary, announcing on twitter without lame excuses for when you can't?
>>
>>1080897
No idea.
I have two separate jobs and other obligations in my life right now?
>>
>>1080959
Then you should not start a quest.
>>
>>1080959
It's gonna be very hard to run a successful quest unless you can AT LEAST devote one evening a week to the quest.

Cause you're not going to get any regular quest readers, you're going to get just a bunch of randos who are not invested in the quest and much more likely to shit post.

That being said, a real Shadowrun Quest would be pretty cool.
>>
>>1083384
I can manage that at least.
Is the other one not a "real" Shadowrun quest somehow.
>>
>>1080209
If I can play a homage to AMERIKA SAN im down.
>>
>>1084086
I have no idea what that is.
>>
>>1087163
Shadowrun Storytime
He is referring to Dervish.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.