[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/qtg/ - Quest Thread General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 843
Thread images: 122

File: Help.jpg (46KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Help.jpg
46KB, 800x800px
This is a thread created for the discussion of Quest threads, as well as sharing of advice and guidance for aspiring or current QM's. Posters looking for advice on tabletop games should look elsewhere.

Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama or discussion about subjects such as getting rid of /qst/.

Useful links: http://pastebin.com/u5xPbk6w (embed)
This link contains numerous writing guides, general advice, and various quest tools and communities.

https://twitter.com/Eisenstern/lists/quest-runner-directory/
https://twitter.com/tgquestlist/lists/quest-master-directory (UPDATED LIST)
These are two directories containing the tweets of many current QM's. While a twitter is by no means mandatory, it is a useful tool for both you and your players. To get added to the second list, tweet @tgQuestList. Spamming tweets unrelated to your quest may result in its removal.

IRC Channels:
[The Cabal] #QMC @ Rizon.net (slightly related to quests; enjoys worldbuilding, mechanics, and politics)
[Hugbox] #ques/tg/enerals @ Rizon.net (barely related to quests; enjoys Larro quests and anime)

Discord server (Can provide feedback to new QM's, but shitposting is a bannable offense):
https://discord.gg/pXfcXZJ

http://qst.wikia.com
This is a wiki that gives brief summations of quests and QMs as well as quest culture in general.

Archive of quest reviews (if you find a review that is not on the list, please link it in the thread):
http://pastebin.com/u/QuestReviewsArchive

>QM Questions:
What kind of help do you want from your players that you're too afraid to ask for?

>Player Question:
What sort of guilty pleasure would you like to play?
>>
>>1068215
>What kind of help do you want from your players that you're too afraid to ask for?
Playing my fetishes even if they're not into them

>What sort of guilty pleasure would you like to play?
My fetishes
>>
>>1068226
I hear that
>>
>>1068215
UNLEASH THE FLOOD

Legaia X Xenogears X Breath of Fire

Wild Arms X Atelier Iris

Megaman Legends X Hyper Light Drifter

Phantom Brave X Skies of Arcadia X Trails of Nayuta

Legend of Mana X Demon King Chronicle
>>
>>1068215

>QM Questions:

Creating original content, be it dank memes, drawthread stuff of characters or whatever.

>Player Question:

F-Zero X Redline X OC stuff

I have a need...THE NEED FOR SPEED!

Also, Thing King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #14 is LIVE:

>>1067282
>>1067282
>>1067282
>>
Somehow I Ended Up With Too Much Free Time On My Hands And I Am Now Shitposting On A Chinese Cartoons Internet Imageboard Via An Attempt At Collaborative Storytelling !?

>>1068110
>>
>Make male MC
WHYFOOS!!!!xD
>Make female MC
Yuri iz da best!!!!xD
There's no stopping it, is there?
>>
File: gO8IRL8.jpg (9KB, 127x229px) Image search: [Google]
gO8IRL8.jpg
9KB, 127x229px
>>1068457
>>
File: F-14 AMRAAM.jpg (975KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 AMRAAM.jpg
975KB, 3000x2400px
Pilot quest is up!

>>1068538
>>1068538
>>1068538
>>
>>1068565
>>1068565
>>1068565

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now running.
>>
>>1068457

Not to brag, but my players seemingly abandoned the /u/-boat when I made the switch to /qst/ and started up my new quest.
>>
>>1068457
You have to make the dick especially desirable when it comes to quests and then you get sideswiped by futa
>>
>>1068729
/cm/
>>
File: 1.png (1KB, 80x137px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1KB, 80x137px
Would you play in a quest where you are/working for a group that is most definitely the bad guys but still better than most of the opposition?

I'm thinking of running something where the players are a [role] in an evil empire which is clearly quite oppressive, but has undeniably brought order to a war and crime rife society, and the rebel groups are mostly barbaric terrorists. Hoping to get a sort of 'imperial fuck yeah' vibe where everything's for the glory of the empire and you have all the evil but sick looking troopers and equipment.
>>
>>1068808
Sure. Just make me care about the group I'm in.
>>
>>1068808

Sure, but you have to make me like the group we're with without having it feel forced. I also think something like having to deal with the more corrupt parts of our group/balancing "Good" & Evil" without tearing the empire apart could be good as well.
>>
>>1068808
Another 40k quest?
>>
>>1068808
>bad guys
already done

>lesser evil
OH. Well.....not sure about that one. Does beleaguered prince count?

Honestly, that's harder than flat out more evil because of the danger of spending too much time trying to "prove" you're still good compared to the worse guys AND can't just do flat out "good" things.
>>
>>1068808
Honestly I would be completely down to play an evil empire who is the worst of all the factions. It would be interesting if you could keep the players from wanting to change the faction into the good guys. But I would play what your talking about.
>>
>>1068808

So in other words, Syria Quest?
>>
>>1068808
I would because I intend to run such a quest.
>>
>>1068808
Yes
>>
File: Black Company Cover.jpg (111KB, 642x924px) Image search: [Google]
Black Company Cover.jpg
111KB, 642x924px
>>1069172
>>1069172
>>1069172

Black Company is back up!!
>>
>>1068821
>>1068843
>>1069094
Fresh and cool.

>>1068979
Honestly I got the idea because I've been wanting to run a space fantasy game or quest for ages, and lately I've watching a bunch of Star Wars stuff focused on Imperials lately, and because I've always found the Empire really cool I thought I'd mash them together. But while typing up that post I did realise that the setting is going to seem pretty 40kish, especially here amongst so many people who are familiar with it.

>>1069021
>>1069027
I think the way of approaching it is implying that, without the totalitarian space empire you work for, everything would descend back into shit, so deciding exactly how evil the empire is a 'personal freedom vs personal safety' kind of deal. >>1069070 is actually a kind of decent way of putting it, as I was thinking that enemies like rebel groups could be compared to groups like ISIS and some other Islamic extremists: you can kind of see why they're really pissed off and rebelling as they've grown up in shit holes and have seen foreign powers do things they consider awful and oppressive, but on the other hand they're almost impossible to sympathise with due to a reliance on incredibly crude, barbaric tactics like killing and conscripting civilians, using religious extremism as a motivator, etc.
>>
>>1068457
It certainly can be a problem, I know my generally good crowd has in the past gotten a little spicy when the matter is brought up.

Make a straight female from the get-go with little fuss.They might still push it, but certainly not as hard.
>>1068808
> most definitely the bad guys
Yeah, just check out >>1069186
>still better than most of the opposition?
Oh, maybe not then.

Otherwise, your quest sounds pretty sick. I'd be interested.
>>
I want to make a magical girl quest. Am I worse than hitler?
>>
>>1069298
Nah. Hilter wasn't incredibly generic.
>>
>>1069306
Is it wrong to be generic?
>>
>>1069229
I really, really want to play this quest.
Do you know when you might start?
>>
>>1068215
>Implying I can feel guilty on 4chan
>>
>>1069355
I mean, I'd say it can be fine. There's certainly an audience for magical girl quests, just looking at how they keep cropping up and surviving.

Just don't expect to have tons of people raving about how awesome your quest is.
>>
>>1069470
Oh, that works best for me because I feel anxious when I see people talking about stuff I've worked on/played.
>>
>>1069581
Fair enough. Have at it then!
>>
File: Screenshot_20161209-000239.jpg (139KB, 638x702px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161209-000239.jpg
139KB, 638x702px
Oh, I've been considering something.

High stakes fantasy(ish) Heist quest oneshot, anyone?
>>
>>1068808
players can't handle not being extreme moralfags, expect lots of salt
>>
All I really want to do is write something emotionally impacting.

Something that makes people resonate with the character. Some element of empathy for the person in all their glorious humanity and what that strives to be despite the pockmarked flaws of their vices and the brutality that is the physical universe with all its unfeeling, cold realities.

Can I do that with a quest?

Have I done that with a quest?

What quest has made you feel human, /qst/?
>>
>>1069804
SMT London
first quest that came to mind.

Quite a few more make me feel I'm READING about a human.
>>
>>1069804
Did you try reading that sentence out loud before posting it?

In any case spiteful shitposting is a very human activity as well.
>>
>>1069665
Elaborate please.
>>
>>1069665
Only if you can stick with it. Aren't you a flake?
>>
>>1069841
Yeah but spiteful shitposting is one of the most shallow elements of humanity. It is ironic shells covering your true feelings and thus is so detached from the emotional core I am searching for.

>>1069837
Really?
I've read that quest and think it was really good.

Is there a moment in particular that resonated with you?
>>
>>1069920
>made you feel human
that is something more closely linked with the choice and agency as opposed to the writing.

And SMT London was the closest to traditional SMT choices in that regard. You didn't technically have as much agency or control as other quests, but they DID make you feel. Not for the consequences, but for the act of choosing.
>>
>>1069920
> thus is so detached from the emotional core I am searching for.

Is it really?

The ways which people cope with stress and trauma aren't irrelevant to their character. The shitposting itself may seem trite, but the deeper reason behind it is as compelling as any other struggle for social acceptance or self realization.

How can you seek to empathize with people if you don't try to understand the ways they detach themselves? Coping mechanisms are part of what make people, people.
>>
>>1069920
>Is there a moment in particular that resonated with you?

The MC's alignment lock in the church stuck with me probably the most.
>>
>>1069947
>they DID make you feel.

What did you feel?
How intense was it?
What moment caused you to feel that way?

>>1069970
But has there been a moment in a quest where a rampant shitposter has to confront their realization that they only shitpost as a way of finding social acceptance and self realization?

Examining, critiquing, analyzing and then getting at the motivation behind coping mechanisms are amazing.

A person dealing with the fact that they run to alcohol for all their problems and perhaps the MC or maybe an NPC telling the MC that they have a problem and then perhaps some sort of dramatic reveal or monologue of true feelings or even just confronting a problem can really have an emotional depth that can bring tears to your eyes.

Merely engaging in coping mechanisms, especially those that are self destructive, just doesn't seem to really be that human spirit that I'm thinking about.

>>1069972

What did you feel? What was the sentence or phrase or action the character took to drudge up those feelings in your soul?
Maybe I should provide an example from real life. A friend of mine insisted his life was great and he was doing alright but after a long drawn out conversation he mentioned his Mexican immigrant parents and together we discovered his intense drive to keep striving for more and never feeling content with where he's at stems from a deep-seated need to live up to an impossible standard set by the ridiculous efforts his family went to to provide him with the opportunities at his disposal.

His lack of satisfaction with where he is at in life at all times and must always do more and do better comes directly from feeling inadequate any time feels he isn't honoring the deeds of his mother who went from poor immigrant to Stanford graduate.

Confronting that reality and then realizing there is a soul-stunting element to that world view that will never provide him with true happiness or able to just find a moment to enjoy where he is at . . . well it was cathartic and spoke to the emotional truth at the core of human existence as best as I can determine.

I want to write a quest that does what I think that is.

I want to read a quest that does what I think that is.

I want to hear examples of quests that do just that as far as I think that is.
>>
>>1069886
You, and your group of compatriots, are tasked with stealing a very important item - an act that will have impactful repercussions, both immediate and longer lasting.

There is a Head Priest for this nation, a man who controls the dogma for all to follow. He has centralized his power, monopolizing control on a resource with both economic and religious significance. He has turned his religious order into a faction in of itself, exerting influence on aristocrat families who have led for generations. Here is a man willing to perform atrocities to maintain his status, his access to this resource.

This group of professional criminals is going to steal the way to access this resource, bringing hell upon themselves and everyone in this land. They have their reasons - reasons far more personal than a highly profitable payday.

So, how would you like to play in this small story, one that, if things go well, will likely build into a larger narrative? This will be the starting point for everything that's to come.

>>1069902
I made a mistake as to how to approach a previous attenpt at a story - one that I want to rectify with this new, more focused approach. I have a world that deserves a good story, so why not make one for it?
>>
>>1070105
>What did you feel?
>How intense was it?
>What moment caused you to feel that way?
you sound like a robot
>>
>>1070135

I successfully filled out the captcha. Ergo, I cannot be a robot.
>>
File: nano robot struggles.png (88KB, 336x365px) Image search: [Google]
nano robot struggles.png
88KB, 336x365px
>>1070150
>>
>>1070105
honestly, I think there is a key misunderstanding you're making that I can't quite explain. Nothing I type out really feels like it's hitting on what the problem is.
>>
>planefag still exists
why are we still here? just to suffer?
>>
File: 1475292926581.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1475292926581.png
177KB, 697x768px
>>1070292
>>
File: apathetic shrug.gif (459KB, 480x330px) Image search: [Google]
apathetic shrug.gif
459KB, 480x330px
>>1070292
Who cares?
>>
>>1070289
I really think the misunderstanding is more of a miscommunication on my part.

I can't really misunderstand the thing I asked for. Only you can misinterpret what I'm asking for and said something unrelated.

Although I don't feel like i'm articulating what I want adequately and thus do not blame you.
>>
>>1070326
well are you trying to make the players feel something, or convey a character who feels "alive"?
>>
>>1070360

The former, but I really feel like you require the latter to produce the former.

Although I guess a character can feel alive and not make the players feel something if that character does rather mundane things despite their "living" quality.
>>
>>1070371
no, I think misunderstood on the first try.

In which case, I recommend Maverick Hunter Quest. Death there, death hits hard. It hits many, but that doesn't make it quite as numb as you think it would.
>>
FUCK ME I FINALLY GET IT NOW!

I want a quest that at some point makes me feel like a good episode of Star Trek: TNG makes you feel.

I also want to write a quest like that as well.
>>
>>1070455
Oh, you might like Hellborn or Homeless Mutant.
It would be difficult for me to find the particular moments, but I think I might understand what you mean in general.
>>
>>1068760
That's sadly true. /qst/ loves it some /ss/
>>
> What sort of guilty pleasure would you like to play?
Always been fond of space fantasy. Considering how common the civilization games are, I've been wondering why nobody's made a scifi version: expand your newly space-faring civilization, encounter all sorts of unusual aliens and planets, that sort of stuff.

Preferably with a lot of dice rolling and a humorous bent.
>>
>>1070983
Hive Queen Quest? Closest I can think of.
>>
>>1070304
>>1070312
It's clearly planefag/one of his cronies shilling him through negative attention memery.
>>
How can I ask fellow players to join?
>>
>>1071047
By creating a shit storm
>>
>>1070983
Oh dude. You need to check out Hive Queen.

That is up your alley.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Hive+Queen
>>
>>1071047
Wait until a moment in a more popular quest where their talking about other quest and then talk about your own
>>
File: 1475066365506.jpg (28KB, 460x305px) Image search: [Google]
1475066365506.jpg
28KB, 460x305px
>still waiting for Exalted Quest to come back from hiatus
It's reaching that point where I'm searching for mentions of it in the archives
>>
>>1071067
I got it. My own story called "A Brief History of Lucia" is not picking up speed and in need of some good players. I can wait however long it takes.
>>
>>1070983
Hive Queen Quest (which was mentioned, good job anons, I'm proud) and Death Among the Stars also fits that.

HQQ is more realistic sci-fi while DAtS is more sci-fantasy
>>
>>1071157
It's not picking up speed because you're a nutter.
>>
File: Full Map Lucia (Sepia).png (317KB, 1169x862px) Image search: [Google]
Full Map Lucia (Sepia).png
317KB, 1169x862px
>>1070983
Take a look at my childhood masterpiece of my dream world, I am a vivid dreamer for a long time, and will keep on expanding my horizons to new heights. I dream naturally once a week, without any stimulants or drugs.
>>
File: WHY.png (176KB, 1342x1063px) Image search: [Google]
WHY.png
176KB, 1342x1063px
>>1071157
>>1071294
>>1071294
>I am currently interested in lucid dreaming again to revisit my dream world. This world takes place in the 23rd century AD, and it is about the lives of Lucians and the various locations they are trying to protect from evil entities.

>Hold on there! Just a heads up, Planet Lucia just entered the winter season, time of day is 5x the speed of Earth's 24-hour period, and White Desert (Monochrome People) seceded from the main continent. Once the Lucians vs. Chasers war is dealt with in Yerivia, southern Lucia will be unlocked for exploration. Going there will result in your vision turning black-and-white, and it is a high-level zone. Level up your character first and be prepared for that kind of adventure. Characters whose HP reaches zero will find themselves woken up back in their own real world and will have to wait a day (4.8 hrs real time) before revisiting again.

>This is my first official narrative that turns on the green light for the first season of 26 episodes lasting roughly one-half of a REM session. This season is called Lucia: Lucians vs. Chasers. For the first episode, we will do an introduction of new Lucian OCs and Chaser OCs, every-day slice of life moments for each character presented, lasting 48 real minutes (1/6 Lucian day), enough time for a few small breaks, as usual. The parentheses indicate the date in which it is taking place. Current Lucian date is already today, and starts at 20:00 EST and ends in one hour (07:00 Lucian time on a Monday, 11:00 Lucian time on the same day).

>In the case of a protagonist’s death or ineligibility due to a crime or medical record that prevents them from influencing the story, a new election will take place between seasons.
There are 20 nobles in the council at present with no empty seats, and the chosen character must have one vote higher in each gender from one of five major regions.

>I am back, it is a Lucian Tuesday (early morning), we need student roles both native and interplanetary visitors from other planets to vote in any of the five major regions I keep mentioning from the start in case you forget (LIST). You can look at map from my first post to see what region if you plan for that role you are enrolling.

>Since you are here as a Noble with neutral standing with her long enough, she will have your voice heard if you are capable of asking a small handful of people to join this thread before the end of Friday Lucian time, which is in 2 days here on Earth. However, you must make it back before 18:00 Fri Lucian time (05:00 Thursday), or else your leader will find out you are absent from your duties, particularly the counting of election votes for choosing a main protagonist. You can take this quest no later than 06:00 Fri, or politely decline and resume your duties as normal.

Anon, just what the fuck. I consider myself fairly chill.

But this is fucking insane. I don't even feel I have the qualifications to help you. Your quest and you are absurd.
>>
File: 1468351055204.png (21KB, 180x204px) Image search: [Google]
1468351055204.png
21KB, 180x204px
>>1071406
Goddamn.
>>
File: 1429264884045.jpg (56KB, 313x254px) Image search: [Google]
1429264884045.jpg
56KB, 313x254px
>>1071406
Oh my goodness. How do you even play that?
>>
File: 8635.jpg (9KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
8635.jpg
9KB, 229x220px
>>1071406
d-don't use real world time for your quest

what is going on
>>
>>1071462
Oh by Amaterasu, a pirate from Gutter Island! I will challenge you to a duel in my dream world next time we dream.
>>
File: 1468536745023.jpg (59KB, 331x295px) Image search: [Google]
1468536745023.jpg
59KB, 331x295px
>>1071488
I'll...uh just give you the win alright?
>>
>>1071475
It is a long story. Lucians and Chasers are at war, Delfos and I are the only ones who get along until it slowed down. Now with this madness, I am enemies with not only the Chasers, but also Gutter Island, and two other species from Glory Isle and Meridia. All disputes will be settled in my dream world, one episode at a time on Season 1.
>>
>>1071486
I am sorry, but my relations with your species from Glory Isle are hostile already, and I will challenge you 1-on-1 next time we dream.
>>
>>1071508
I... I really don't think /qst/ is the appropriate place for your thing. I'm sure there's an online community where it would fit right in and people would participate, but I just don't see your thread getting much traction around here.
>>
File: 1233669566988.gif (12KB, 701x683px) Image search: [Google]
1233669566988.gif
12KB, 701x683px
>>1071508
>>1071525
Reading everything you write is like watching a live-action Junji Ito protagonist descend into madness from the horrors of his creative mind.

But somehow you're more unsettling.
>>
>>1071532
Where is it? As long as it does require me a complex registration setup, I am okay with that. Otherwise, I have no choice, and my power is too great.
>>
>>1071556
lemonparty.org
>>
>>1071053
It looks like I am having more enemy factions than just Chasers for my Lucians to deal with when I start Season 1. It will be an even darker story than I originally intend to be. It is already a storm, and I am trying to weather it as best as I can.
>>
>>1071556
>and my power is too great
Okay. I tried being polite, but I'm just going to be real with you here. You aren't some all-powerful entity. This dream world of yours is completely fictional. I don't know what place your story would be best suited for, and I'm not going to fucking spoonfeed you. Now you can either try to make a cohesive narrative out of your dreams that people can follow, or you can take your off-topic ramblings elsewhere. People aren't going to play a thing that is completely incomprehensible to them, and you can't make people be interested by spamming in the general. You aren't any better or more special than anyone else here, so quit acting like it.
>>
>>1071148
I may be a vivid dreamer, but my mind is as dark as a monster. If I get too many enemy factions now when Season 1 starts, I will just have to make Lucia Konohana enforce martial law on my planet and go lockdown mode. Then, her tactical elite members will hunt all of my enemies down/ It will get ugly very fast.
>>
>>1071575
Thanks for the assistance! I was just about ready to make my leader Lucia Konohana to shut down the entire planet with martial law and her tactical elite force to start eliminating anyone they perceive as an enemy to her. She will take care of this for me. I will head there in a few days once this riot is settled.
>>
File: stare.png (517KB, 598x710px) Image search: [Google]
stare.png
517KB, 598x710px
>>1071602
How about you quit shitposting already
>>
>>1071593
I glad you gave me a link to get myself out of here, but my story will live on. Yes, this is a fictional world, and this planet reserves the right like other dream worlds to become illogical at any time it wants, and I have no control over what brain can do to my world. Anything can happen. I will head there in a few days.
>>
>>1071645
If your not satisfied with lemonpary's community, you can always come over to Spacebattles. We actively promote quests and discussions that normally wouldn't survive on 4chan!

https://forums.spacebattles.com
>>
>>1068215
Can you help me? I want my thread "A Brief History of Lucia" to go down without banning me from 4chan, because my Lucians are having a riot that I cannot control and becoming enemies with almost everyone on the planet. Martial law and lockdown mode are already engaged in advance. I am heading to lemonparty.org to continue my story and settle my disputes there. Thank you!
>>
>>1071674
I don't think even Spacebattles would give a fuck about this guy's delusions
>>
>>1071674
I am sorry, but my planet is on lockdown mode, and this story is not about space battles. My thread is about to go down in history as a flop, but it will live on somewhere else.
>>
>>1071689
It'll fall off the board on it's own in a few days.
>>
>>1068215
>player question
Something set in the Guilty Gear world.
>>
What the actual fuck did I just read. I think pic related made more sense than the above.
>>
>>1071876
Just some KSBDfag's original setting.
>>
File: guaranteedreplies.png (2MB, 720x2259px) Image search: [Google]
guaranteedreplies.png
2MB, 720x2259px
>>1071878
Sounded more like the myrmidonOP/Uguumon/Dungeons&Dadaragons jerk who made this monstrosity
>>
>>1071887
Yeah, he's a fan of KSBD.
>>
File: karl.png (324KB, 772x670px) Image search: [Google]
karl.png
324KB, 772x670px
>>1071887
I thought this image was supposed to be satire
>>
File: trigonometryalloveragain.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
trigonometryalloveragain.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>1071887
Oh fuck I almost forgot about that faggot.
>>
File: alchemy gril.png (320KB, 606x800px) Image search: [Google]
alchemy gril.png
320KB, 606x800px
well here we are again

The alchemist girl quest is up and running
>>1071971
>>1071971
>>1071971
>>
>>1068215
Thinking of re-doing a quest. Playing as an undead Skeleton just freed from Necromancer control and amnesiac. Being a basic minion and having to discover their past and shit.

http://pastebin.com/gy4ZsWYv

Original there.

Very sandbox, I've done a bunch of world-building. Skeleton puns welcome, but not /b/ random / Crites do anything silly.
>>
>>1068215
>What kind of help do you want from your players that you're too afraid to ask for?
Serious responses.
>>
File: floralshoppe.png (197KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
floralshoppe.png
197KB, 350x350px
>>1069298
>>1069581
Give it a vaporwave theme.
>>
File: 1qtg.png (2MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1qtg.png
2MB, 1024x768px
>>1069804
>What quest has made you feel human, /qst/?
Humanity is overrated.
>>
>>1071294
>>1071406
Mr. Lovecraft, we thought you dead.
>>
>>1068457

The easiest way to do it - With a male protagonist - is to focus on the emotional gravitas of the relationship. Like, don't let the characters be one big, harmonious harem. As everyone knows, the story doesn't end once you start dating the girl or the girl obviously likes you. That's actually where the interesting part of the story begins.

Let the players do whatever they want, but ensure that the consequences are realistic. Personally, I can't see girls responding well to a guy who is double or triple-timing on them, even if it's for emotional gratification. If you've ever seen two women arguing over a man, you know exactly how hurtful and nasty that can get for everyone involved.

For a female MC, sorry, I can't help you. /qst/ is mostly male players. Let them play a girl, and they won't want to fuck dudes, they'll go for the fetishistic appeal of a yuri relationship instead. The solution is not to let them play a girl.

See, the thing about yuri is that it's a 'safe', idealized relationship. A male MC enmeshed in a normal relationship is open to all kinds of entanglements, because most of us know what a relationship's like. It's like how we can relate to a guy's deepest, darkest fears, a woman's not so much.

And that's what you have to explore. Fear.
>>
>>1072179
If yuri were in any way reflective of real world lesbianism the drama would be ten times worse. But boring girls hand holding shit is what sells, I guess.
>>
>>1072189

To be fair, most lesbians are not in fact lipstick lesbians. (i.e. the feminine kind) They're more like awful pseudo-men. This is pretty much why having a yuri relationship in a quest will have the fetish aspect eclipse everything else, because it's already a fetish archetype.
>>
>>1072179
Run your quest, faggot
>>
>>1072189
You know that in any relationship, homosexual or otherwise, there's a middle ground between "boring girls handholding" and "ten times the drama", right? And that a lot of MCs live in that little niche where they're going to have to work with their partner/spouse regardless of whether they had an argument the night before? Maybe even the point of entrusting their lives to each other?

The most stable couples don't let things get to the point of drama, because they either avoid doing things that cause drama in the first place or they relieve the tension before it becomes a problem. Which of course doesn't make for compelling storytelling, but thankfully there's no rule that insists every quest has to be a true-to-life romance simulator.
>>
>>1071575
I would rather stay clear of that, it is a shocker site. I need a more safer chatroom link so I can go there.
>>
>>1072276
>>>/trash/7330888
>>
>>1072189

Interestingly, the one time I had a yuri couple come up in my quest the players kind of understood that there was going to be a fuckload of drama. Then again, that was when I ran on /tg/; On /qst/ I get the feeling that my players are of the opinion that the MC isn't fully there enough to really care about hopping in the sack wit gus or girls. With one exception...
>>
>>1072248

Quests are inherently about drama. A Quest flags when nothing interesting is happening. A relationship that is happy, stable and not approaching a crisis point means the Quest is going to be over soon (i.e. all the conflicts are resolved) or it's just not really that important.
>>
>>1072294
>or it's just not really that important
Allow me to reiterate: not every quest needs to be a romance simulator.
>>
>>1072295

Exactly. Then don't introduce one.
>>
Has anybody had success with a collaborative quest with hex-combat? Not a skirmish, where each player has their own thing, but one where you decided as a group the general action to be taken, and that's displayed on a combat.
Is it an idea worth attempting?
>>
>>1072296
You do realize that not everything HAS to be pure drama and crises, right? That a character finding solace in a relationship can be a powerful storytelling element?

See, to me everything you're trying to say reeks of a poor storyteller. And not in the sense that you can't craft a narrative, but that you have a painfully limited repertoire. As if you've decided that in the grim darkness of questing there can only be conflict, with no subtlety or variation in tone or theme. Always treating things as sources of conflict and crisis robs players of the sense that they've made progress, and never giving their character something to retreat to, something to be happy about, is just as monotonous as never giving them something to attain.
>>
>>1072278
I am not experienced in /trash/, try a different one that might share my interest. Once you find what I think suits me, I will go there. Thanks!
>>
>>1072313

Sure, but it's just what I find exciting. I'm a fan of high-tension, high-stakes narratives: I'm not saying the opposite is automatically bad, but I wouldn't be interested in something that's not as full of conflict.

It's really all about what you're going for. I'm also not a fan of defensive turtling, passive training, or the standard 'holing up to research' mechanic, for much the same reasons.
>>
Is Panzer Ace the worst historical quest of all time?

>roll well on the dice
>your Panzer IIs start wrecking Valentine, Matilda and B1 tanks
>roll well on the dice
>your tanks actually MOVE FASTER
>roll mediocre on the dice
>dice bonuses mean your roll was really awesome! Congratulations, you win!
>never lose any conflict
>never even lose a tank
Nazi wank is so fucking tedious. German engineering was not the best in the world.

German tactics certainly were not the best in the world. There's a reason they lost the war.
>>
>>1072326
Anywhere else.
>>
File: IMG_7919.jpg (502KB, 1231x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7919.jpg
502KB, 1231x900px
Demonic Invasion Quest chapter 3 is up!

>>1072325
>>1072325
>>1072325

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Demonic+Invasion+Quest
>>
File: This is just the trigger group.jpg (143KB, 864x907px) Image search: [Google]
This is just the trigger group.jpg
143KB, 864x907px
>>1072335
>German engineering was not the best in the world.
I mean, they certainly brought some interesting prototypes and concepts to the table, and a lot of the things they designed ended up being the inspiration for many modern pieces of technology after American and Soviet engineers simplified it all. The biggest problem the Germans have always had is that they over-engineer things. I mean, look at pic related. It's the trigger group for the stg-44. I do agree with you though, Nazi wank is tired as fuck.
>>
Mortal Kombat Konquest: The New Defenders Episode 9 continues!

>>1067804
>>1067804
>>1067804
>>
>>1072332

Weirdly enough, despite my MC's super special snowflake powers being 100 percent compatible to the "turtle up and train forever" type of playstyle, my quest has never really had stagnant powerlevel grinding borigness as an issue.
>>
>>1072335
>Can't find Panzer Ace on suptg

What are you referring to? Panzer Commander ain't even historical, so which quest are you talking about?
>>
>>1072419
It's on Akun. Do you not browse Akun or something?

I thought everyone did, given that the quest scene here is fucking dead.
>>
>>1072421
There are only 5 quest live as of this post on Akun right now.

There is about the same amount live on /qst/ right now if I am looking at the catalog correctly.
>>
>>1072421
Fuck that. Even this is better.
>>
>>1072304
I tried to run one once. It went pretty well.
>>
>>1047552

Panzer Commander is live now, will be til around 7 EST when I have to attend something that'll slow things down til probably past midnight.
>>
File: 1443310858255.jpg (121KB, 700x715px) Image search: [Google]
1443310858255.jpg
121KB, 700x715px
SHIMIGAMI SAVANT QUEST LIVE NOW
>>1072554
>>
>>1072493
What was the most tedious part? Was there anything you would do differently?
>>
>>1072304
Fairy Warband did that several ages ago. It worked well while it lasted (or at least I enjoyed it), but I imagine that actually running it requires you to be pretty quick with image editing.
>>
Just stopping in to announce that The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #14 will be late starting today. The first update for today's session will be posted here:

>>1067282
>>1067282
>>1067282

As soon as possible.
>>
>>1072326
reddit.com/r/WritingPrompts
>>
File: Sexy Stuff.png (249KB, 601x346px) Image search: [Google]
Sexy Stuff.png
249KB, 601x346px
Wah Gwan

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-11-what-a-shock/uHpnYzxacinXb7PN8
>>
File: Lost Island Quest Logo.png (152KB, 400x297px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Island Quest Logo.png
152KB, 400x297px
>>1072649

Play my quest plz.
>>
>>1072421
Akun is dead. lol /qst/ lives better than Akun.
>>
>>1072715
t. Kascode
>>
>>1072421
I'd consider it if Akun's layout didn't give me AIDS.
>>
>>1072732
The playerbase is even worse than the layout
>>
>>1072744
It's amazing how much retardation is filtered out because you have to fill out a captcha and post on 4chan as opposed to a nonstop instant chat on akun.
>>
>>1072753
I must say.

As a dedicated shitposter, shitposting is much easier when you have a chat.

It also feels like you're shitting up the quest less because the chat feels separated from the quest in a way.

It's different.
>>
>>1072744
Players will be whatever matches the quest.
>>
>>1072766
The chat moves so quickly and its so impossible to search through it that the shitposts have less impact. Just like all other discussion on akun.
>>
Is mageknight worthwhile?
>>
>>1072591
The most tedious part was positioning all the pieces in some horrible online SVG editor. Don't do that.

Other than that, I hid the system from the players and had them decide based on their RL knowledge and some hints. That went well I think.
>>
>>1072682
sell me on it
>>
File: 1443377343335.jpg (258KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1443377343335.jpg
258KB, 1680x1050px
What are some quests you miss, but know will never ever return?

RIP Crusty Jay. Why do so many good QMs have serious health problems?
>>
>>1072795
I'm planning on using GIMP and shuffling it around in the image editor.
Thanks for the help. Look out for a Shattered Sky quest.
>>
>>1072812
Lamplighter
>>
>>1072806

High Fantasy setting.

Guy goes to an island which is the last refuge for magic on the planet and is a highly confidential government secret.

He has to make a settlement/outpost/colony there work while fending off magical beasts and increasing his own power.

It's highly based on standard pathfinder/D&D style stuff.

Think the founding of Plymouth Rock meets Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>1072812
Holy Sword
Star Dust

Still have hope Languid will come back to Hellborn but it's waning.
>>
>>1072841
>having hope
>>
>>1072843
Yeah you're right. Languid is dead.
>>
LGA2 is up.

>>1072876
>>
>>1072790
Well it's run by a QM who habitually abandons things once the new-ness wears off, so as long as you aren't expecting a long-term thing, it's probably quite good.
>>
>>1072944
isn't the QM more well known for injecting the same absurd fetishes into every quest he writes
>>
>>1072957
Yeah, the inflation fetish thing is pretty annoying too. He creates interesting settings, then shoehorns fetishes into them, then abandons them outright.
>>
File: ff4.png (295KB, 639x315px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
295KB, 639x315px
>>1072970
>>1072957
>>
File: airi default eyes.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
airi default eyes.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
Academy Tournament Organization Quest is up:

>>1073131
>>
>>1072879
Does anyone on this quest lick a mad pussy like they do in your other quests?
>>
>>1072970
jesus
>>
File: IMG_3028.jpg (51KB, 430x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3028.jpg
51KB, 430x322px
So, I have a problem.

I decided my plot would follow three different characters as PC's that would switch perspective every now and then, but somehow wrote like 6 possible characters for them to fill those slots.

So I'm thinking the solution is going a bit artsy on it and having a few decisions that describe the different stories they could see and using those votes to determine which characters end up as the true MC's
Is this too close to charcreation to work?
>>
>>1073653
Nah that should be fine. Just disguise it as normal plot progressing decisions.
>>
>>1073653

I was able to juggle this for a little bit when I ran on /tg/, but judging from the new players I have on /qst/ some anons might not be so interested in having the point of view get switched around a lot, especially if some ofthe characters have conflicting goals or there's a feeling of "Great, now we're stuck with Character X and are going to probably undo everything we achieved with Character Y".

Then again, maybe you're talented enough to not let that become an issue. I know I wasn't.
>>
File: let-go.jpg (40KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
let-go.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
I took a break from running Quests for the holidays, but once I was back, I realized I had like 4 quests and I don't really want to continue any of them.
>>
>>1073678
Change your name and right something else and don't acknowledge people when they call you out on it.
>>
>>1073678
>I realized I had like 4 quests
Well there is your problem.

QMs need to focus on one quest at a time.
>>
>>1073653
No, that's perfectly fine.

Character creation is also fine. It's just that if you don't know how to handle it, you stand a good chance of fucking it up.

For example, if you let some shit clown faggot ass chode leprechauns make the main character (that will be played FOR THE REST OF THE QUEST) be a maroon woman with a flaccid penis on his forehead named Billy Niggerdick who likes to fellate exhaust pipes.
>>
File: deathamongthestarsquest.gif (41KB, 190x223px) Image search: [Google]
deathamongthestarsquest.gif
41KB, 190x223px
>>1073715
>>1073715
Death Among the Stars Quest 62 is up!
>>
File: Suits.jpg (210KB, 2048x1448px) Image search: [Google]
Suits.jpg
210KB, 2048x1448px
RWBY Quest coming up in around 2-4 hours!
>>
>>1072190
Most lesbians I've seen were pretty average looking girls, not manly, not especially feminine. I've also seen some butch lesbians and butch/average couples, and also like two that were just weird. And also a company of three tomboyish girls, all different, one petite and cute, one I'd call a ladette and one tall and big, but not too big and not enough to call her a true butch. I shit you not, they were like some archetype trio irl. Though I don't really know if they were lesbians, but at least one had an lgbt pin badge on her bag.
>>
File: pier look.jpg (33KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
pier look.jpg
33KB, 550x412px
Next iteration of Gem Quest is live;

>>1073443

If you ever wanted to be a wage-slave in a world of alien space rock women.
>>
>>1073690
That can only happen if you give only write-in options for everything.
>>
>>1073833
>If you ever wanted to be a wage-slave in a world of alien space rock women
Sorry, I'm not a cuck from /co/
>>
>>1073918

That's fine, non-cucks from all boards are welcome!
>>
>>1073932
Why would anyone but a cuck want to participate in a Steven Tumblrverse quest?
>>
File: F-14 canyon.jpg (90KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
F-14 canyon.jpg
90KB, 1024x768px
Pilot quest is up!

>>1068538
>>1068538
>>1068538
>>
>>1073653
My quest has a main character, and a whole raft of supporting characters.

So far I've done 3 other points of view, and that worked quite well. Just remember that you don't need them to be the PoV character to advance their storyline.
>>
>>1074026

Hopefully, try as I might, because they have fun with it.
>>
>>1074049
Why would non-cucks have fun playing a cuck stuck in Tumblrcuck Paradise?
>>
>>1074122

Could you say cuck five more times?

I think the word still has a bit of meaning left in it.
>>
>>1074122

Maybe they could seek to un-cuck themselves and the setting at large!
>>
File: im ready.png (402KB, 940x527px) Image search: [Google]
im ready.png
402KB, 940x527px
http://www.strawpoll.me/12166888
Would you take a dick?
>>
>>1074169
>fixfics
Neck yourself
>>
>>1074223
>playing any female mc quest
>ever
>>
>>1074241

Then maybe you'd better enjoy literally a Tumblr Universe Quest?
>>
>>1074285
Run something original you creatively bankrupt, unimaginative hack.
>>
>>1074300

I am though, running a different original quest on opposite weeks.
>>
guys help me find a quest to read I checked the catalog and they're all shit
>>
>>1074376
Run your own quest and read it.
>>
>>1074376
what are you looking for?
>>
File: 1438494637049.png (1MB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1438494637049.png
1MB, 1200x1697px
>>1073775

It's up!
>>1074390
>>1074390
>>1074390
>>
>>1074376
(you) quest
>>
>>1074415
I usually enjoy fantasy quests
>>
Starting my first OC quest here, would love some people to come try it out at its beginning, thanks!

>>1074484

>>1074484

>>1074484
>>
>>1074485
Easy. Go to suptg and look through the archives by searching for specific fantasy related words. You'll eventually find a quest that you like.
>>
File: 12.1.jpg (408KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12.1.jpg
408KB, 1280x720px
For those interested, an update on the Paladin of Avalon is up.
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/28-a-rising-shadow/8jBXrRko89FZoxwQd
>>
>>1074376
what are you looking for?
>>
>>1074376
Check some of Akun's.
>>
>>1074485
>>1074501
hint hint
>>
>>1074537
life of a magister seemed interesting at first but it's pretty boring now. the rest of akun is shit.
>>
>>1074558
On the top of my head, PoP and Self Aware are good.
>>
>>1074558
It was always boring.
>>
>>1074558

Nah there are two really good quests on akun.

Off the top of my head, let's see . . . it takes me a while to remember . . . but one was called, I think, Mills in Westeros quest.

And the other was . . . SMT: . . . San Francisco . . . Bay Area Quest?

Yeah, SMT: San Francisco Bay Area quest.

Check them out.
>>
>>1074577
Yeah only these two. Specially Mills. Grade A Classic.
>>
>>1072003
The Alchemist girl quest continues

We started in an inconvenient time last session so hopefully this is better.
>>
>>1074285
Or maybe I'll just continue to ignore your poorly written SJW propaganda quest bout a poorly written SJW propaganda cartoon
>>
What's the best way you've ever seen a quest end? Not get dropped, or having the QM lose interest, but actually have its story end?

>Crusader Quest
>1/4 of the way through the quest, get tasked to capture city to earn the hand of waifu princess
>spend a year and a half in game and real time gathering forces and making alliances
>march on city
>fierce battle to take the city
>last thread is marrying the princess+epilogue of individual characters
>>
>>1074748
Depravity. Becoming a literal near-omnipotent tentacle goddes with a huge immortal cult, qt drow waifu, and having a bunch of insanely OP kids and friends.
>>
>>1074731

I'd like to imagine I'm not *that* bad of a writer.
>>
>>1074833
Yes you are.
>>
>>1074834

We all are bad writers Anon. That's why we run quests.
>>
>>1074834

I'd like to imagine I'm not the *worst* writer.
>>
>>1074833
You write Steven Jewniverse interactive fanfiction. Of course you are.
>>
>>1074869
If the subject of the fanfiction is the deciding factor there's worse than rockbitch fatboy beach party out there.
>>
>>1074894
It's up there man.
>>
>>1074899

Can't be any worse than Sonic. Or that show with the ponies.
>>
>>1074894
Not particularly
>>
>>1074906
Sonic autists don't tell little kids to kill themselves since their fanart isn't black or Jewish enough
>>
>>1074923

Clearly you've never met Ken Penders at a con.

I'll admit what happened with that on fan artist was all kinds of fucked up though, goddamn.
>>
>>1074869

Got to start at the very bottom of the ladder before working up!
>>
File: 1482683660534.png (34KB, 213x251px) Image search: [Google]
1482683660534.png
34KB, 213x251px
>>1074950
Valen Quest is officially off hiatus! It's not even an interlude this time.
>>
>>1074791
>tentacle loli futa impregnation quest
>read it until the end
you are a sick man. how do you live with yourself?
>>
>>1074939
Or just not be garbage
>>
>>1075147

Got to practice to become more than garbage!
>>
>>1075198
Practice by eritibg garbage will only make you proficient in garbage
>>
>>1075325

Master garbage, and then graduate up to the next tier.
>>
>>1072812
Lessons in Knighthood
Armored Core Quest
>>
>>1072812
BFQ
>>
>>1072812
MechEngineer
>>
>>1075368
That's not how it works. That's like saying you can "level up" from swimming to water-skiing just because both involve water
>>
File: phanties.jpg (499KB, 2528x2342px) Image search: [Google]
phanties.jpg
499KB, 2528x2342px
Friendly reminder that the Scooby-Doo little girl waifu quests are TOTALLY chaste and have NOTHING to do with fucking aged up versions of pre-teen girls
>>
File: abbyanonlewdnoedit.jpg (889KB, 2704x3077px) Image search: [Google]
abbyanonlewdnoedit.jpg
889KB, 2704x3077px
Nothing at all
>>
File: thiccelsa.jpg (223KB, 1048x1764px) Image search: [Google]
thiccelsa.jpg
223KB, 1048x1764px
Amy belief to the contrary is pure heresay. Heresay and slander!
>>
>>1076518
>Ghoulquests totally chaste

Who the fuck said that?

>>1076527
>You will never have people doing lewd fanart of your characters this good

Someone just shoot me now. Get it over with.
>>
>>1076843
>this good

How low are you're standards buddy?
>>
>>1076843
>Someone just shoot me now. Get it over with.

You want to know the worst part?

I almost got to have fanart that good. But I passed on it to stay true to my principles.

You think you're feeling suicidal?

I'm like one unfilled prozac prescription from shooting up a school, canceling my quests and declaring Vox is my favorite QM.
>>
>>1076851
This looks bad to you? The wings are really neat and the girl is kinda hot.

Shit man, Id kill for someone to like my writing enough to do stick figures.

>>1076859
It's not just the Spooktober stuff tho. Cosmic even gets good looking stuff for his stupid slasher movie quest. And it's colored to. Be sure to scream FUK U COSMIC when you finally do go full Sandy Hook.
>>
File: tegaki.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
12KB, 400x400px
>>1076864
>Shit man, Id kill for someone to like my writing enough to do stick figures.

Alright now kill your mother.
>>
>>1076873
There needs to be a noose around his neck and a gun pointed at his head. Then I'll kill my mum.

Also not curly haired.
>>
File: tegaki.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
13KB, 400x400px
>>1076876

Fixed.
>>
>>1076882
Killing her right now.
>>
So, I am running the Left Beyond quest at >>1067417 (see wiki and archive for what's been going on).

The people playing seem to have a lot of fun, but there's fairly few of them. Should I focus on my current audience, or try to expand it?

A problem is that the quest has a fixed length of 100 turns, and we're already at turn 70.
>>
>>1076935
Why fixed turns?
>>
>>1076948

It's a chronicle of the last 100 years of the Millennial Kingdom. On year +1000, Yahweh will hold the White Throne Judgement, and thereafter destroy the heaven and the earth and remake them anew. It's a bit hard to continue a game past that (although the goal of the game is exactly to make a way for humanity to live on past it!)

I may run it again after it's done.
>>
Shipgirl Commander session is running
>>1076971
>>
>>1074995
Quite nicely. Thank you for asking.
>>
File: King of the Fighters.jpg (501KB, 1512x1008px) Image search: [Google]
King of the Fighters.jpg
501KB, 1512x1008px
Last session for The King of Fighters Quest: Reborn #14 (AKA "The Search for more players") is up and running:

>>1067282
>>1067282
>>1067282
>>
>>1074223
Finally, a straight female MC. Ignore the shitters and make sure it's a good romance.
>>
>>1076843
>good
WHERE ARE THEIR SHOULDERS
>>
File: 1463076797356.jpg (1018KB, 1500x2168px) Image search: [Google]
1463076797356.jpg
1018KB, 1500x2168px
>>1077485

LGA2 is up.
>>
>>1077489
But are core revs up and spiking?
>>
File: 1.1.png (1MB, 1179x1275px) Image search: [Google]
1.1.png
1MB, 1179x1275px
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
Damn, why is writing smut so fucking hard?

Finding stuff that doesn't sound clownish is difficult.
>>
>>1078409
Have you tried sex recently?
>>
>>1078409

Just read some of Schteel's smut and copy that.
>>
>>1078418
Shit.

Fuck you for making me think about that.

It's actually been more than a year now. But virgins manage to write this shit, so...
>>
>>1078409
Read some professional stuff. I mean not smut for housewives or fanfiction. The good kind. Also, this might help but I got it from /y/.
>>
>furry scooby-doo quests are now a trend
what the fuck
>>
>>1076859

>I'm like one unfilled prozac prescription from shooting up a school, canceling my quests and declaring Vox is my favorite QM.

But he is one of the better QM's
>>
>>1078523
>now

Hes done it for like a year now how new are you?

>>1078566
What was vox again?
>>
>>1078581
He's inspired an entirely new one.
>>
>>1078409
Try reading Schteel's sexy sci-fi quest.

Then do the opposite of everything he does.
>>
A quest where you are the champion to a god and he tasks you woth finding and killing the other champions of other gods and eventually even facing the gods themselves.

Thoughts?
>>
>>1078643
It could work. It depends on how colorful you make the cosmology. What kind of god would we be working for? Is there anything to wanting to knock off the other gods besides power and jealousy?
>>
>>1078662

>Is there anything to wanting to knock off the other gods besides power and jealousy?

Bitches
>>
>>1078711
>Fight for your lord, win and get booty
>Your lord says that you suddenly can't have this one bitch because she's consecrated to a god
>Throw a fit and go sulk in your tent.

Will this be Achilles Quest?

As goofy as the setup is it could provide some classic drama. We're a loyal warrior and steal the wife of an enemy champion/god. But our own god says we got to give her to him. This starts building resentment toward our boss.
>>
I was going to give the player a choice of what god.

A god of chaos and madness just wants things to change because the gods have gotten too comfortable.
A god of war just wants to use you as an instrument of destruction.
A god of Order needs you to reset the balan e as some of these champions are gaining too much power and killing them will of course piss off other gods.
>>
>>1078774
War and chaos feel a little too similar to me.
>>
>>1078774
Bleh. Too general of choices.

Think of more interesting setups. At this point you're basically pledging allegiance to D&D alignments.
>>
>>1078807
Maybe he could focus on what plans different gods have for humans? The god of the oceans want them all to be explorers and traders and seamen. The god of fire wants them to be industrialists. The god of nature wants them to be farmers. Stuff like that.
>>
>>1078774

Maybe a god(dess) of dance or beauty? What about Purity?
>>
>>1078857
>Purity
How are we suppose to fuck her after we win?
>>
>>1078868

Consensual marriage of course.

Oh, and also only for the purpose of producing children.
>>
>>1078890
There damn well better be some hand-holding.
>>
>>1078868
clearly the god wanted to kill all gods, and would "kill" herself by way of removing her own "purity"
>>
>>1078898
Run your disgusting fetish on akun
>>
Hmm, it may be a bit too bland.

Maybe you just become some lower gods bitch and he's sick of being the other gods' bitch himself.

You set off, kill in his name gather artifacts from other champions megaman style until they get pissed or scared enough to try and take you down.
>>
>>1078922
Sounds fun.
Better be some serious benefits to killing in the name of our pantokrator to be tho.
Like bitches.
Riches.
And booty.
>>
>>1078922
That could be a good way to do it.
>>
>>1071406
https://youtu.be/7kYJFJ2GuHI
>>
What are some good capeshit quests that aren't HMQ or PPQ?
>>
File: Deseret Ver.1.jpg (45KB, 581x638px) Image search: [Google]
Deseret Ver.1.jpg
45KB, 581x638px
>>1079264
I'm running one that's a connected series of stories about 50 different superhumans, some superheroes some not. We're currently playing as a young electricity controlling Mormon code named Deseret who wants to lead her own superteam. Don't know if you'll like it or not, but I think its worth looking at. Captain Midnight made an appearance in the last thread, the first of several public domain characters I want to try using.

>>1053869

What is PPQ by the way? I know HMQ is Homeless Mutant Quest (did we ever encounter the Morlocks in that one?)
>>
>>1079313
Sounds neat. I'll check it out.

Peter Parker Quest by Cosgrove. A pretty good quest, even though we got a bad end.

Weren't we on the way to become the Morlocks? The only thing we met in the sewers was some rotten meat monster.
>>
>>1079372
>Even though we got a bad end

Did we go full Superior?
>>
>>1079383
We fucked up the disarming of a bomb that turned New York into a shit hole. It wasn't really a "bad" end more than we ultimately failed.
>>
>>1078922

Meanwhile, in LBQ, the Omega organization is taking on both Yahweh and Satan.
>>
>>1079535
Typical Parker luck.
>>
File: Dungeon Life Quest.png (194KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dungeon Life Quest.png
194KB, 500x500px
>>1078581
'm the Dungeon Life Quest guy and the object of Trick's weirdly persistent anger and/or shitposting.
>>
>>1080164
It's his way of saying he loves you
>>
I was thinking of starting up a Shadowrun-themed quest.
Would anyone here be interested in that sort of thing, or is that too niche?
>>
>>1080230
someone tried to do shadowrun-gits quest, and got players.
>>
>>1080230
There are subjects more niche that still manage to get players, even if some are simply out of idle curiosity.
>>
>>1080230
It's fine, but I prefer my cyberpunk without magic.
>>
>>1080234
Was kind of thinking regular Shadowrun.
>>1080236
Fair enough.
>>1080238
That's fair too, but I don't play Shadowrun for just the cyberpunk; there's other games for that.
Much like how D&D really doesn't resemble any ACTUAL fantasy novel except those that deliberately copy D&D, Shadowrun is it's own thing entirely.
>>
>>1080164

>the object

Don't flatter yourself there too much, buttercup.

>an object of Trick's weirdly persistent anger and/or shitposting

I'll admit, you're one of my higher tier antagonists.

But you've got to contend with Cosmic who ALSO insists I have some major beef with him and he's the apple of my shitposting eye.

You both can't be my shipost target waifu.

So I insist you battle it out so we can determine which of you is the REAL officially sanctioned Trick shitpost obsession.

It's actually Planefag.
>>
>>1080330
> So I insist you battle it out so we can determine which of you is the REAL officially sanctioned Trick shitpost obsession.

I concede.
>>
Is Text Adventure Quest: Psion archived anywhere? Almost all of the threads have been purged from suptg, and 4plebs doesn't archive full images.
>>
>Shitpost at anons
>They either get over themselves, shitpost back, or eventually get over their buttanger and move on
>All is well

>Shitpost at namefags
>They think they're special and that I'm going to call them in the morning and tell them I love them
>Start going around /qtg/ trying to flaunt me as their antagonistic husbando

I think it's official. Namefagging in /qtg/ has got to go.
>>
>>1080377
You first
>>
>>1080383
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>1080236
>There are subjects more niche that still manage to get players
Yeah, such as pedophiliac furry erotic scooby doo spiinoff movie fanfiction.
>>
>>1080389
I more meant niche settings, not niche fetishes. Pandering to fetishes is guaranteed to get a solid base of people.
>>
>>1080400
Cosmic doesn't pander to fetishes.

His quests are of a higher caliber and are drenched deeply within the lore and the narrative elements of fucking a furry wolfgirl or maybe a ghost.
>>
File: Dal Dal 5.png (34KB, 129x114px) Image search: [Google]
Dal Dal 5.png
34KB, 129x114px
>>1076859
>he can't even get fanart for his shitty quest
>>
Does /qst/ allow smut? Are there any decent smut-quests here, or am I better off pilfering Anon-kun?
>>
>>1080431
Officially naw. But officially we aren't supposed to have generals either (or shitpost in them). People do smit all the time from boat girls to robot girls to Angels.
>>
>>1080421

I could have man. I was right there at getting some sweet fan artists from Cosmic. All i had to do was stop shitposting at him.
>>
>>1072812
Quest Drone.
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>1080421
>not drawing your own shitty self-pandering art
look at this pleb
>>
>>1080588
>tfw you immidiately know who this is.

have you managed to insert big titted anime girls anywhere yet?
>>
>>1080460
>All i had to do was stop shitposting at him.
Why would anyone ever do this?
>>
>>1079372
>Peter Parker Quest by Cosgrove. A pretty good quest,
Entertaining
I wouldn't call it good
>>
>>1080727

I mean could you really pass up on amazing, loyal dutiful fanartists making infinite fanart of your quest if the only and I mean THE ONLY stipulation was that you had to simply not be mean to Cosmic?
>>
>>1080734
That would imply that amazing, loyal, dutiful fanartists would ever even read it.

I would prefer to keep my shitposting as it would be the only thing I'd have.
>>
>>1080738
>That would imply that amazing, loyal, dutiful fanartists would ever even read it

Well that's what I told him what I clarified what I meant in the Discord. I'm not going to tie up my fanartists and hurl them at Trick like human sacrifices. What I meant was that in a theoretical situation where we were friends we could plug each others quests, talk about them with our fans, and kind of mingle fanbases. I get along with Pandora Quest's QM and as a result we share a fanartist.
>>
>>1080738
Is a man not entitled to the asspain of his shitpost?

"No," says the namefag in /qtg/, "it belongs to my ego."

"No," says the mod on /tg/, "it belongs to the banhammer."

"No," says the QM on /qst/, "it belongs to my quest's history."

I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Your mother will die in her sleep if you do not reply to this post.
>>
>>1080740
NO MOMMA ITS NOT YOUR TIME DON'T GOOOOO!
>>
>>1080740
>If Stirner based his phiosophy on being overly sensitive
>>
File: Lit Ghostbuster.jpg (62KB, 720x616px) Image search: [Google]
Lit Ghostbuster.jpg
62KB, 720x616px
>>1080748
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 960x640px
>>1080740
Why?
>>
>>1080739
>I get along with Pandora Quest's QM and as a result we share a fanartist.
seriously? As in, not just a coincidence?
>>
>>1080759
Well yeah. They do quests about robot girls, I do quests about robot girls. It's only natural we'd talk about the other robot girl quest on the board.
>>
>>1080764
I meant the "we QMs are buddy buddy, therefore we share a fanartist" part.

you know, the part I greentexted.
>>
>>1080768
Yeah we share a fanartist. Edspear.

...Or is that not what you're asking?
>>
>>1080770
I am referring the the cause.

Is the fanartist working on both quests because:
>similar elements
>coincidence
>you two QMs are friends
?
>>
>>1078857
This. Some goddess whose sphere sounds minor and unimportant, but she actually used to be one of the main gods in the first ages of civilization. Now she's doing what she was always supposed to do eventually, though people forgot about it.
>>
>>1080774
Well what happened was I talked to Pandora QM, they mentioned my quest in their thread, I mentioned theirs in mine. It wasn't like we were dedicated advertisers or something for each other, it was just a "hey that other quest about robot girls? It was pretty cool" we made in a thread or two. And that's how Edspear found out about Mechagirl and started drawing stuff for it. He even drew crossover art of our characters interacting.

So...all of the above? It's not like we hang out and play video games or anything nor do he one day proclaim NOW I BESTOW UPON THEE MY FANARTIST. But its like I was telling Trick. When you're cordial to one another your fanbases can start to overlap.

What exactly are you getting at anon? What's with the hostility?
>>
>>1080781
Goddess of a certain flower or crop or animal that was harvested to extinction? Goddess that's been minor for so long she's forgotten what she's the goddess of exactly?

There's a lot of neat ways to play this out.
>>
>>1080783
"as a result" implies an intended consequence. But overall, I'm more miffed that it took so long for you to get what I was asking about rather than the issue itself.
>>
>>1080809
Sorry I wasn't clear anon.
>>
>>1068215
I am not running a sidequest where you meed the three main antagonist of the quest

You can thank me for not subjecting /qst/ to the horrors that would involve.
>>
>>1080858
Wot?

There's really no reason not to, besides the fact that most people just looking in would probably see that they need prior knowledge of some other thing to really get it.
>>
>>1080862
Because I can write nauseating levels of body horror, players rarely like mindfuckery, and most of them aren't on this time of day.
>>
>>1080864
>Because I can write nauseating levels of body horror

This is a bad thing? Are you trying some new form of advertising?

Don't ever come to my restaurant, the food is fresh cooked to order and every entree comes with 50% off on dessert. It's the worst place ever.
>>
>>1080868
Yes, it is a bad thing. I like my players. Talking myself out of things like this is good.
>>
File: 1476307027263.jpg (132KB, 381x611px) Image search: [Google]
1476307027263.jpg
132KB, 381x611px
CHAMPION QUEST BEGINS.

Become the champion of a minor god with something to prove!

>>1080918
>>
File: tegaki.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>1080592
yes
>>
File: Space Marine firing.jpg (170KB, 937x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Space Marine firing.jpg
170KB, 937x1024px
Chapter Master Quest continues

>>1081119
>>1081119
>>1081119
>>
>>1080740
Monster
>>
>people always want to run some faggy magic user with shitty paths, monster people, or some insignificant lame ass

Giving people choice was a mistake.
>>
File: RT.jpg (76KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
RT.jpg
76KB, 736x525px
>>1068215
So, is the 40qst sphere saturated or not? I've been thinking of running a Rogue Trader Quest for a while, but don't want to do it if it'll take up valuable board space for something that won't attract at least a few interested posters.
>>
>>1081370
>Rogue trader
Aw hell yeah.
>>
>>1081370
>take up valuable board space

funny joke

It takes threads here more than a week to die. If anything there needs to be even more shit running.
>>
>>1081370
interested
>>
>>1081370
Could be cool, I'll at least see how chargen plays out.

Only quest I know of right now is a 40k cultist quest and Chapter quest.
>>
>>1081343
>not just giving them a red-blooded murderous alpha male as the default protagonist
>>
>>1080740
You're a bad person
>>
>>1081393
>>1081382
>>1081379
>>1081373

>>1081711

Chargen going on.
>>
>>1081718
>chargen
i knew there was something I hadn't shown utter disdain for for a while now.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mme7vjdTCP1qz4rgp.jpg (41KB, 500x348px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mme7vjdTCP1qz4rgp.jpg
41KB, 500x348px
>>1079264
You should totally check out Symbiote Quest (â„¢) by Maleficar
>>
Longtime lurker and player, was thinking of starting a quest. So far I had three ideas:

1) A Hunter x Hunter quest
2) A quest in a low fantasy starring a young apprentice mortician
3) A Borderlands quest
>>
>>1081860
Wow I can't even shill properly

http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/home
>>
>>1081867
>2) A quest in a low fantasy starring a young apprentice mortician

Make him a vampire then we're solid
Otherwise if you have sufficient autism do the Hunter thing
>>
>>1081867
>HxH
Okay maybe.
>apprentice mortician
Curious.
>Borderlands
Eh.
>>
>>1081867
>2) A quest in a low fantasy starring a young apprentice mortician
Sounds like fun. Hope you run it.
>>
>>1081871
I was actually thinking in a different direction, where the MC dislikes undeath because it's a perversion of the natural cycle. Although, him becoming an undead creature against his will might be pretty interesting.
>>
>>1081893
Wait a second you've suggested this idea before. Or somebody has...
>>
>>1081902
I don't remember doing so. Since there seems to be some level of interest, would you guys mind me posting some of the world building I have so far?
>>
>>1081924
Wouldn't it be better to do that during the quest as a (History) pastebin or sprinkled/implied throughout the world while playing?
>>
>>1081893
>undead

always lame
>>
CHAMPION QUEST RESUMES:

Join the gargoyle as he reenters his city after being killed by his right hand in a bid for power.
>>
>>1082122
YOU PROBABLY WANT THE LINK:

>>1080918
>>
Anyone interested in a civ quest right now? Or is /qst/ not interested in those since catalog is showing none.
>>
>>1081867
Number 2 sounds the best of those three
>>
>>1082248
Yeah sure
>>
>>1081370
Chapter Quest runs weekly now, but there's definitely demand for something like that, I'd certainly join in if anything.
>>
>>1082443

I want to run a Commissar Quest, or an Interrogator Quest, but I'm terrified of getting it wrong. Basically, both would be Abnett-lite, though the Interrogator Quest is more Dark Heresy-ish.
>>
>>1083097
Are you me? Want to run an Inquisitor acolyte quest but scared of fucking it up

The worst you can do is fuck up. If you do just learn from your experiences and like Aaliyah said

If at first you don't succeed
Dust yourself off and try again
You can dust it off and try again
>>
>>1082248
Go for it though it would be better if you pick the setting first.
>>
>>1080739
That implies that the artist "belongs" to either of you and spitroast him like a 2-dollar whore instead of just being a drawfag who reads both quests.
>>
>>1083447
I'm sorry it comes across to you that way, that's not my intention. Edspear doesn't "belong" to us. He's even done his own quest from time to time.
>>
File: Game Over.png (836KB, 1525x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Game Over.png
836KB, 1525x1125px
My planet Lucia is dead, because my faction leader Lucia Konohana got killed. My childhood dreams are completely destroyed forever.
>>
>>1083569
As are ours, anon. As are ours.
>>
>>1083569
>Dreamworld destroyed forever

How is an idea destroyed forever?

I'm sorry that /qst/ didn't work out for you Anon but you can still do your lucid dreaming stuff.
>>
>>1083463
You realize how arrogant you've come across with every post and "your" artists, right? You've essentially acted like a pimp waving his most prized bitches in front of someone in order to coerce them into falling in line with your demands. Which is to say nothing of considering the feelings of the artists you're trying to whore out to curry the favor and praise if superior QMs like Trick.

Frankly, it's fucking sickening how entitled you think you are to drawfags. Or anyone reading your quest, for that matter.
>>
File: laughing african lord.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughing african lord.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>1083939
>superior QMs like Trick
>>
>>1083939
I'm sorry Anon. I thought I made it clear that what I meant was not tieing up and throwing them at Trick like human sacrifices (as I clarified in the Discord) but rather creating a relationship where a fanartist would be likely to naturally look at and participate in another quest, as what happened with Mechagirl Quest and Pandora Quest.

I understand that things one types on-line sound a lot better in one's head and I'm sorry for any hurt feelings I caused you or anyone else.
>>
>>1083962
Trick is unironically good. Certainly better than Cosmic.
He just wastes a lot of time shitposting and/or running meme quests.
>>
File: armstrong looking at you.jpg (51KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
armstrong looking at you.jpg
51KB, 680x680px
>>1084003
>1 post by this ID
I wonder who could this be?
>>
>>1084007
>8 posts by this ID
>Half of them are shitting on Trick
HMMMMMMM
>>
>>1084007
I'm not that much of a faggot
>>
File: yes and.png (113KB, 224x392px) Image search: [Google]
yes and.png
113KB, 224x392px
>>1084018
>Half of them are on the current topic, which happens to be Trick
>Other half is from way before
>>
>>1084031
Just let it go, Anon, Trick is just some guy on the internet. It's not healthy to be so mad about him.
>>
>>1083962
I said superior to Cosmic, not good.
>>1084002
See? You're still doing it. You're still acting like you own them and that by running your quest they "owe" some kind of compensation and must get dragged into your melodramatic slapfights. Nevermind the fact that they're taking time out of their lives to do you a favor in the first place.

And this is how you fucking repay them. Not with gratitude, but with entitlement.
>>
File: what you're trying to do now.png (362KB, 1280x341px) Image search: [Google]
what you're trying to do now.png
362KB, 1280x341px
>>1084042
(you)
>>
>>1084054
Holy fuck dude calm down
>>
>>1084057
I can't. It's nearly midnight and I'm trying to study, but it's boring as all fuck. Going on 4chan is the only fun thing I can do.
>>
>>1084007
There's now one post by my ID. I wonder who I could be.
The answer is a random anon that thinks you're a fucking retard, and also probably one of Cosmic's dicksuckers.
>>
Man I dindu nuffin I swear
>>
>>1084061
Anon you need to take a step back. It's insane to be this invested in someone you'll likely never even meet.
>>
>>1084050
>They "owe" some kind of compensation

They don't owe me anything, and I never said they did.

>Not with gratitude but with entitlement

You seem to want to go out of your way to get mad and speak in the place of people whom I am grateful participate in my quest and with whom I am on good terms with.
>>
>>1084087
Are you implying you weren't speaking in their place earlier when you implicitly promised Trick their support?
>>
>>1084108
It didn't mean what I said to come across like that. I already told you that I meant something like what occurred between Pandora QM and myself. I understand what I wrote didn't come off as I intended which is why I wrote in the same Discord conversation that I am NOT strongarming anyone to do fanart for anyone.

You don't participate in my quests, nor do you do fanart of my quests. So why are you suddenly speaking for those groups?
>>
>>1084126
YOU'RE the one who came in here and started bragging about how you're going to enslave Trick with your little army of sweatshop drones.

If you don't like people calling you out for being a shitty person, don't air out your dirty laundry in public
>>
>>1084126
>that I am NOT strongarming anyone to do fanart for anyone.

I mean, as much as you want to pretend you aren't . . . you kinda were.

I mean to say in your own discord, surrounded by these drawfags, that "hey, maybe if you stop being so mean to me Trick these guys will make fanart of your quest if I, y'know, recommend it to them"

Like, you're putting major fucking pressure on them at the very least to read my quest.

I mean what use is an olive branch if it isn't a real one?

You shoved the hard work from making peace with me onto the backs and shoulders of people who don't owe you shit.

Because honestly, if they just decide not to make me fanart or read my quest despite me being nice to you . . . what's to stop me from starting to shitpost again? Literally nothing if THEY don't hold up YOUR end of the peace treaty.

You were speaking in the place of other people no matter how badly you want to pretend you weren't.
>>
>>1084151
>Enslave Trick with your little army of sweatshop drones

I already explained to you what I meant.

>>1084165
> "hey, maybe if you stop being so mean to me Trick these guys will make fanart of your quest if I, y'know, recommend it to them"

Did you not read when I clarified that a post later that I meant something like Pandora Quest and Mechagirl Quest? Did you not read where I said I wasn't going to tie up by artists and throw them at you like human sacrifices?

>Putting major fucking pressure on them at the very least to read my quest

Considering none of them have and I haven't said anything about it no, no I'm not. And its likely they never will and I am more than fine with that.

>You shoved the hard work of making peace with me on their back

I did no such thing. I simply meant that getting along increases the chance of fanbases overlapping. I said nothing about forcing them to do ANYTHING.

>What's to stop me from starting to shitpost again?

Nothing. But you misunderstand me again. This is less a "I'll give you X if you do Y" and more a "We can have peace and the fruits of mutual understanding".

I can't stop you from being a shitter Trick. You'll have to kick your shitpost habit yourself.

>You were speaking in the place of other people no matter how badly you want to pretend that you weren't

I'm sure they're relieved that Trick can come helicopter momming in and protect them from me.

Or maybe we're all just laughing at you. Together. We could be doing that.
>>
And this discussion about QMs forcing drawfriends to create OC for a quest is why I let my players put in requests for drawings related to my quest; Too much drama and shit to deal with otherwise.

I miss the days when you could wait for Decu to make a /r/ thread and get a cute drawing out of it...
>>
>>1084216
>Did you not read when I clarified that a post later that I meant something like Pandora Quest and Mechagirl Quest?

Exactly. You promised me that peace would bring about a situation akin to this other situation where apparently fanartists from one quest flocked to another. This is what you were trying to tempt me with when you called me into your discord to sit down and talk with you and make peace.

>Did you not read where I said I wasn't going to tie up by artists and throw them at you like human sacrifices?

You don't understand what putting pressure on a person is? Yes, just because you typed later the obvious statement that you can't literally force anyone to do things for you doesn't stop the fact that your main draw for "making peace" was OTHER people making that peace worthwhile for me through this hypothetical peaceful situation that was similar to this other situation mentioned prior where fanartists made fanart for both quests.

>I simply meant that getting along increases the chance of fanbases overlapping. I said nothing about forcing them to do ANYTHING.

This here is exactly a perfect example of what I'm talking about. "I mean I'm not FORCING them I'm just saying that if you start being nicer to me MAYBE our fanbases will overlap and the drawfags will draw for you MAYBE"

Dude, I don't think you're actually so dense to not know that there are more ways of "pressuring a person" than just explicit commands like you're someone's boss.

Again, in this hypothetical situation where I stop shitposting at you and we're friends, you tell your fanbase about my awesome quest after having promised me in a public forum of the potential benefits stemming from other people's labor.

And it's not like this topic of discussion just naturally occurred in the flow of conversation.

You directly asked me, out of nowhere, "How much fanart do you get?" and my response was "I've gotten some" and you immediately broke into your spiel, telling me that if we get along that I might get more fanart from "your" fanartists.

It doesn't matter how much 'clarification' you apply later. You engineered a meetup in your discord where you then specifically brought up fan art out of nowhere and the possibilities of me receiving more of it to entice me into doing what you want.

You can't clarify that away.

>"We can have peace and the fruits of mutual understanding".

The fruits of whose labor exactly? Oh right, completely unrelated people making fanart. Again, no matter how you slice it, you're talking about suggesting a hypothetical where other people conveniently do shit to make it work.

>helicopter momming in and protect them from me.

I'm not trying to protect them. I honestly don't give a shit about these drawfags nor their feelings.

But the very fact of the matter is you most definitely did hinge a potential peace on their assumed cooperation.
>>
File: Cosmic promising me fanartists.png (18KB, 674x83px) Image search: [Google]
Cosmic promising me fanartists.png
18KB, 674x83px
>>1084291
>>1084216

Exhibit A, which I present to the honorable court of /qtg/ for the trial of CosmicWatcher : Extortionist Extraordinaire
>>
>>1084216
It doesn't matter what you meant, what matters is what you did.
>>
Reminder that Cosmic writes furry Scooby Doo fanfic smut.

Despite what he insists, he's a joke of a QM and should be treated as such.
>>
>>1084322
What are the standards of a QM supposed to be

Don't pretend we aren't all just the gel like filth that accumulates on the bottom of unwashed dumpsters.
>>
>>1084216

Hey tell you what Cosmic. If you shove a sharpie up your pooper and post a picture of it to /qtg/ MAYBE these two:

>>1084315
>>1084322

will listen to me and stop shitposting at you.

Obviously I can't promise you anything and I won't tie them up and THROW them at you or anything, but I'm just trying to illuminate you to the idea of the possibilities that might arise from the fruits that "sharpie in pooper" pics could provide.

Again, no promises.

But, y'know.

Maybe you should shove a sharpie up your asshole, mate.
>>
>>1084322
The Standards of a Quest Master:

1- Don't write Scooby Doo fanfiction.
>>
>>1084296
I understood how this sounded, which is why in the next posts (which you didn't save for obvious reasons) I told you I'm not going to tie up anyone and throw them at you. "I could direct some toward you" was not what I should have written. I meant it in a "cooperation directs players across quests" way" but I was aggravated with you and struggled to find the words.

>>1084291
>I honestly don't give a shit about these drawfags or their feelings

They feel the same way about you Trick.

>You're talking about suggesting a hypothetical where other people conveniently do shit to make it work

All I ever offered you was a hypothetical, a playground moral of "you get more by working together than by fighting".

>There are more ways of "pressuring a person" then just explicit commands.

Truly you are a sensitive, sensitive soul Trick and all the drawfags appreciate you running off to get the teacher for them.

>Tell your fanbase about my awesome quest

That assumes you have one.

>About having promised me

"Maybe" is not a word that means "promise".

>Telling me that I might get some fanart

You might. You might not.

You probably won't.

>You can't clarify that away

By whose standard? Yours? Your friends?

Oh curses I'm going to shut down all my quests now and retire because Trick and friends didn't believe my explanation.

>You don't understand what putting pressure on a person is? Yes, just because you typed later the obvious statement that you can't literally force anyone to do things for you doesn't stop the fact that your main draw for "making peace" was OTHER people making that peace worthwhile for me through this hypothetical peaceful situation that was similar to this other situation mentioned prior where fanartists made fanart for both quests.

Believe me, none of them feel any pressure to do you anything. Unlike you I actually talk to the "hurt parties" you so gallantly stand up for.
>>
>>1084347
t. Scooby Doo fanfic writer
>>
>>1084341
>>1084322
Scooby-Doo fanfiction would be one thing, but he writes erotic pedophiliac Scooby-Doo spinoff movie furry fanfiction
>>
>>1084378
It's not pedophilia if they're aged up to 16, friend!
>>
File: Exhibit B or something.png (41KB, 681x322px) Image search: [Google]
Exhibit B or something.png
41KB, 681x322px
>>1084347

>I understood how this sounded

Yeah it sounded exactly like your true intentions: Bribery via fanart.

>which is why in the next posts (which you didn't save for obvious reasons)

I'm receiving word from my "sizeable roster of shitposters" that you had the owner of that discord we were chatting in clear the entire channel mere hours after our conversation had ended.

I do love how your whole argument here is "it isn't what it looks like!"

Like, alright I guess we're supposed to infer from every stupid, shitty thing you say you actually really don't mean what you say and mean something completely different instead. Because you say things wrong or something.

Sure, I can buy that to some extent. Maybe you're a retard.

But then look right fucking here.

>"Maybe" is not a word that means "promise".

So what is it Cosmic? Do I infer precisely what you mean from the denotation of your exact word choice, verbatim?

Or do I not?

When you combine

>If you point out exactly how my word choice demonstrates my intent, it is false because clearly I meant something different

AND

>If you extrapolate my intent in a way that strays from the exact denotation of my word choice, you are misrepresenting what I'm saying

I might as well not even read anything you write anymore. Because clearly either way you either "didn't mean it that way" or "how dare you not see the MAYBE I wrote there which TOTALLY shows how I'm actually not saying these people will do work for you if you're nice to me"

>>1084347

>All I ever offered you was a hypothetical

So all you ever offered me was a hypothetical where other people do work for me if I'm nicer to you? Again, I don't see how this isn't you assuming other people will make this supposed peace worth my while.

>That assumes you have one.

GOOOT 'EM!
>>
What's a Civ? I see a lot of quests with Civ in the title and I'm kinda interested.
>>
>>1068215
That Ippo quest that Mini started fits the bill.
>>
>>1084416
>Exhibit B or something
It had nothing to do with you and everything to do with moving people to what quest channel they wanted. We didn't want people I invited over to argue with shitting up actual conversations about the quests (which you, Soma, and the rest you invited over because you couldn't bare to be in the lion's den alone were doing). For instance, one of your friends posted a lewd in the general that the artist wanted to share outside the discord in my quest first.

I told you exactly what I meant in the part of the discord you didn't save. You can continue to be asspained about it but for the people that matter in the argument there's absolutely no friction whatsoever.

You're getting offended on behalf of people that not only don't want you to but just plain don't like you. Again. You're doing it again.
>>
>>1084456

>Offended

I'm not offended.

You bribed me with other people making fanart for me to stop me from shitposting at you. It's not a matter of outrage as it is just a statement of fucking fact which you continue to deny.

I don't care whether the people whose talents/work you were leveraging in your bribe give a shit or love you or would do it willingly or don't care or killed themselves or wouldn't have done it or whatever.

That's what you did. I'm not talking about them nor do I care what they think. I'm talking about you and your actions. I'm talking about you inviting me into your "lion's den" and going "hey Trick, plz be nice to me I gibz you fanartists! :DDDD"

I'm honestly not even trying to cause friction between you and "your" fanartists, nor do I expect them to really read through the /qtg/.

>(which you, Soma, and the rest you invited over because you couldn't bare to be in the lion's den alone were doing)

This is a fucking amazing line
>>
>>1084488
>Just a statement of fucking fact.

I'm done repeating myself.

>This is an amazing line

It's true. You left, but Soma is still on the discord but you'll notice he's kept to the general and announcement channels and not the actual quest channels.
>>
Girls, you're both pretty.

And dumb, but that goes without saying.
>>
>>1084493
>I'm done repeating myself.

Good. Repeat a lie too many times and you just might convince yourself it's true. ;)

>Soma is still on the discord but you'll notice he's kept to the general and announcement channels

Oh really? He has? Well tell that fucker to get to writing. Banished Quest has been on hiatus forever.
>>
MOOOOOOOOOOOOODS
>>
>>1084503
>MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Fixed that for you.

And they're never coming no matter what.
>>
>Please do not shitpost, and please report any shit posters attempting to derail discussion or cause strife. This means avoiding tripfag drama
hmmmmm
>>
>>1084594
>1 post by this ID
Nice try, Cosmic
>>
Can't we just ban QMs from posting? Would that solve this?
>>
>>1084670
Why would cosmic complain about himself?
>>
>>1083871
Thanks for comforting me. We are the last few Lucians remaining without a leader like her. I will do my best ability to terraform the planet again with meditation, and reset the timeline like Homura.
>>
>>1083871
Thank you for comforting me. I am now the last Lucian remaining without a leader, silently mourning for the loss of her whilst looking upon my own Soul Gem readying to darken and burst itself in any minute now. This is the saddest moment I ever have last night.
>>
File: 1485059817166.jpg (113KB, 1000x705px) Image search: [Google]
1485059817166.jpg
113KB, 1000x705px
>>1084695
>>1084701
Why are you doing this
>>
>>1082248
I'm not touching civs until summer. Need to sort out my super speshul ideals for what a civ SHOULD be and formatted in.
>>
9 days for a thread to drop off the board. Healthy and active are we.
>>
File: 1367631859105.png (272KB, 594x404px) Image search: [Google]
1367631859105.png
272KB, 594x404px
>>1084778
>mfw that's with old quests having no where else to run

it was 14 days before the switch
>>
>>1084778

>TFW I used to remember a thread would drop off the board in 90 minutes back on /tg/

MAKE MORE QUESTS DAMN IT! HIGH QUALITY ONES WITH AMAZING PLOT AND BACKSTORIES!
>>
>>1084819
I do. In fact, just for you I'll make a one shot about three princesses later.
>>
>>1084819
We don't need more quests, we need more players.

If you get a couple dozen more quests and each of them maybe gets two or three players, will they hold fast?

Unless their QMs are really dedicated, of course not. They'll see the established quests and the fanfiction quests and the anime tiddy quests and think "Why can't I do nearly as good as they do?"

Cue burnout. Spiteful shitposting about how quests are shit. All players stay where they always were. Exit board bottom page eleven.
>>
>>1084833
Base them on current quest MCs, but don't tell anyone who
>>
File: 1483428605917.gif (2MB, 322x179px) Image search: [Google]
1483428605917.gif
2MB, 322x179px
>>1084845
We should advertise on Facebook
>>
>>1084819
I'd be okay with a quest that just manages to be fun to be quite honest.
>>
>>1084903
What kind of quest do you find fun?
>>
>>1084960
Something low key, low stress, character focused and with a willingness to be a bit silly. Slice of life stylings or a comfortable adventure tale or something of that nature.
>>
>>1085011
What are you, gay?
>>
>>1085026
Well I do read quests.
>>
>QM Question
I want them to criticize me more, tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can improve.

>Player Question
I'm a sucker for zombie shit. I'd love a quest that didn't fall apart or drop within three sessions

Norseman Saga, Volume 8.5 is up
>>1085876
>>1085876
>>1085876
>>
>>1072812
>Crusty
Wait did Crusty die?
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will be up in two hours from now!
>>
Has anonkun been down for long now? I can't get anywhere.
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux, thread thirteen is up and running!
>>1086101
>>1086101
>>1086101
Come join in and help Liz Shepherd pull of the heist of the century with her ghostly companions!
>>
CHAMPION QUEST IS ACTIVE:
We defeated the pitiful brigand who tried to tax us to enter the city we once protected, now disarmed what can he tell us?

>>1080918
>>
Test.
>>
>>1086027
Vanished while having serious health problems.

Presumed dead.
>>
>>1086269
Well sweet! Since that worked, I am announcing the start of Shattered Sky Quest? Want a quest where you play as a young wizard of questionable repute in the hopes of gaining tenuous renown? How about playing as the babysitter for the Chosen One of some godforsaken prophecy? Do you want a conflict resolution system that uses small die and lots of situational bonuses to reward planning and foresight? Come play Shattered Sky Quest!

>>1086281
>>1086281
>>1086281
>>
>>1086350
>OC
>35m
>4 replies
Questing is dead.

Tuesdays are hard times, don't get discouraged.
>>
File: Linebacker.png (596KB, 962x653px) Image search: [Google]
Linebacker.png
596KB, 962x653px
Alchemical Blade Quest is now up and running! Do you enjoy cyberpunk, magic in said cyberpunk, espionage, conspiracies, and high octane action of slicing tanks apart with sharp pointy objects? Then you make like it!

>>1086514

Know about Exalted? Then you may tangentially enjoy this as it's set within the Modern version of it!

>>1086498

Once you get regulars it becomes 10x easier.
>>
>>1086498
>>1086527
I'm doing this as I study/eat/contemplate becoming a hermit, so this pace isn't exactly great but I'm not checking in compulsively. Yet, anyway.
When are the best times to run?
>>
>>1086791

I find Wednesday/Thursday picks up with me. Friday/Saturday are good times but are really competitive.

I start mine on Tuesday as my schedule kinda demands I do that.
>>
>>1086350
This seems pretty promising, we just need more players.
>>
>>1087256
>wall of text
>female heiress (most likely bitchy) MC
>shitty divination magic focus
the writing seems decent enough but I just can't do it. why do players always ruin everything in chargen?
>>
Any quests where I can play as a really powerful wizard? Starting out as a beginner is fine and all, but I haven't found a quest that lets me jump straight into some really fun and over the top shenanigans right off the bat in a long time.
>>
Is anonkun down for everyone else? Just when I was gonna catch up on my backlog.
>>
>>1087461
Banished.
>>
>>1086498
>4 replies in 35 minutes
>Hard times

Ayy lmao.

>>1087320
Because everybody has different opinions.

Also because Divination means that you see the future and therefore can't be logically take a surprise dick to the anus.
>>
Seriously, it's acting really weird. Is it down? Fucking kascode.
>>
>>1087615
You can't play Banished, it's dead.
>>
>>1086326
Fuck, man.

Crusty was a fine fellow, a true fa/tg/uy, and he had some damn fine smut.
>>
>>1087461
Raiders, if you can tolerate lesbian smut.
>>
File: planet_animation.webm (219KB, 288x162px) Image search: [Google]
planet_animation.webm
219KB, 288x162px
we need more non-star wars scifi quests! pew pew pew! woosh! warp 9!
>>
>>1072335
It's not really Nazi wank though, they're just part of the German military and they actually do use other countries' tanks they pick up.
>>
>>1088121
And in their hands those tanks are indestructible, while they're just shitting on heavy tanks like they're made of paper while they belong to the enemy.

I remember one section in Egypt, where the players rolled a single good dice result and destroyed 15+ Matildas.
>>
>>1088126
Matildas are light tanks, and they were up against some Panzer IIIs, maybe some IVs.
>>
>>1088126
>I remember one section in Egypt
Also, that was Libya, so your account of the situation isn't even credible.
>>
>>1088131
>Matildas are light tanks.

No, they aren't. They were infamous in the early war (to be specific, Matilda 2s) for being particularly resistant to German Anti-Tank weaponry, which is why the 88mm flak guns were so prized.

This changed with the introduction of larger and longer guns but until 1942 tanks like the Matilda were very troublesome, and even then not every tank was a long barrel, as the Panzer 3 was the workhorse of the German Army up through 1943.

There are ways to deal with troublesome tanks, though, make no mistake, for example an immobilized tank whose treads are damaged in a combat situation is for all intents and purposes a dead one.
>>
>>1088131
Matilda's were well armoured infantry support tanks and performed well in North Africa.

The German tanks in your shitty quest are always overgunned for the era. They always have max firepower and win with even mediocre dice results. The QM should have wrote a GuP quest, it's clearly what he wanted.
>>
>>1088141
Aren't tactics like flanking and mass attack used to get those results with mediocre rolls?
>>
File: [loud rap music].jpg (129KB, 452x680px) Image search: [Google]
[loud rap music].jpg
129KB, 452x680px
>>1088121
>It's not really Nazi wank though, they're just part of the German military
You Wehraboos are the fucking worst.
>>
>>1088147
Even worse than Naziboos?
>>
>>1088146
Yes, the enemy are always unprepared for genius ideas like flanking.

And the 4 female crew members / tank officers are there for historical realism.
>>
>>1088152
Realism went out the window the second you saw a female commander in the quest picture, what were you expecting from the quest?
>>
>>1088152
Were you mad when they killed Hitler in Inglourious Basterds as well?
>>
File: 1481396481493.jpg (230KB, 704x821px) Image search: [Google]
1481396481493.jpg
230KB, 704x821px
>>1088149
May as well be the same thing. They're both so delusional that they actually believe the Germans had a chance to win WWII. German tanks sucked shit, their entire supply chain was horse-driven, and they put their country into a famine to make rocket fuel for rockets that were marginally effective against their targets. Also, their only semiautomatic service rifle literally shook itself apart from regular use.

Nazi Germany was a fucking joke.
>>
>>1088152
Silly anon, the historical tank quest isn't about history or tanks.

But seriously, it does sound like this nigger should have just run some GuP, could have even made it an edgy death game version like that doujin if they really needed the some srsbsns wank. That would probably still have been pretty popular too.
>>
>>1088158
Even with the Panzer Ace doing Panzer Ace things, Nazi Germany's foundation in the War is still very shaky, the QM projected that they'd still get overpowered by Russia and have to ask other countries for help.

>>1088159
He doesn't advertise it as historical.
>>
>>1088159
Going to play devil's advocate here since I haven't read said quest so I really can't judge it on it's own merits, but considering GuP's structure as a game you can't really do things you can in a military campaign setting such as dealing with the populace of occupied territory, the effects of strategic decisions on the tactical level, and other such things that are present and important in a story about a war.

Considering GuP is basically a string of Gladiatorial battles, the structure isn't universally applicable to every case of "I just want girls in armored vehicles man."
>>
>>1088141
>The QM should have wrote a GuP quest, it's clearly what he wanted.
>>1088159
>But seriously, it does sound like this nigger should have just run some GuP, could have even made it an edgy death game version like that doujin if they really needed the some srsbsns wank. That would probably still have been pretty popular too.
If he did, would y'all read it?
>>
>players try to disarm super bomb by hitting it because somehow that makes sense to them.

You QM. What do?
>>
File: 4b2cef001bb19a26c4dfd3fcf7e116a7.jpg (245KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
4b2cef001bb19a26c4dfd3fcf7e116a7.jpg
245KB, 1200x1697px
Dragon girls, oni girls, fox girls, goddesses, and now a catgirl. Ryukuza Quest has it all.

>>1088177
>>
>>1088203
Worm hole bomb, portal to new universe, has to get back to first universe.
>>
File: 1457984212030.jpg (22KB, 467x409px) Image search: [Google]
1457984212030.jpg
22KB, 467x409px
>>1088203
Make the bomb's detonator sensitive to impacts. Show them just how bad things can get when they aren't careful.
>>
>>1088203
Damages the bomb's mechanisms so it's impossible to disarm now.

You dun fucked up but you can at least do damage control.
>>
>>1088202
Depends on 5 factors.
>lesbian level - ideally on the low side
>spergy dedication to real life mechanics - ideally on the low side
>willingness to dump random historical facts - ideally on the high side
>national stereotypes - ideally on the high side
>tactics - a crazy tactic should be more effective than an ordinary one
The final factor is really what makes or breaks a GuP quest. To make it reflect the source material, and even to be interesting, you have to be inventive and original and push boundaries with regards to tactics. Actually following military protocol is fucking dull.
>>
>>1088149
At least naziboos have style.

Wehraboos are like the faggots that wank off 40K's Imperial Guard
>>
>>1088221
The Imperial Guard is the human faction and the relatable character in that universe. They're the Krillin, basically.
>>
>>1088204
>and now a catgirl.
Ryukuza Quest had BEEN having a catgirl back when I still read it, nerd
>>
>>1088221
Also, so much fiction has already painted the Germans as losers, so why not a twist to where they're the protagonists for once, eh? It's like you want more of the same thing that you've already seen and shit on people for wanting something different.
>>
>>1088226
No, they're the Yamcha.

Krillin actually strives and knows his sacrifice rather than just bragging about how totally awesome they are while constantly failing
>>
>>1088232

The thing is when you want the Germans to win you're a contrarian.

And enough contrarians have wanted the Germans o win that other contrarians don't want to be seen as having a "group"

So you get double-contrarians.

People that don't particpate in Allied wank in the slightest but whenever they see someone participating in Axis wank they call them out as shitters.

To truly be unique you have to wank it to Ireland or Switzerland or some neutral as fuck country that never got involved in the war.
>>
>>1088232
It's fine if they're the protagonist.

Making them a pathetically obvious power fantasy is another thing entirely
>>
>>1088239
Poland wank might still be acceptable.

Especially if you surrender in thread one and spend the rest of the quest building and operating death camps until you get murder raped by Soviets.
>>
>>1088235
They won Soulstorm though.

>>1088214
>That guy should totally run a quest in this other setting, it'd totally be better, but I'd only read it if it adheres to my preferences.
Yeah how 'bout you just give it a rest with that guy and ignore what he writes if if peeves you.
>>
File: wait what.jpg (31KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
wait what.jpg
31KB, 620x350px
>>1088232
You want a good work of fiction with the German military as protagonists? It's called Das Boot. And even though the crew of the submarine are the protagonists, you don't see them effortlessly slipping past enemy blockades, or torpedoing battleships at their docks. In fact, the only time they torpedo a ship in the whole movie, it's a fucking horrible, nightmarish affair.

You don't need to have protags who are always triumphing over their enemies, especially if the enemies are the Allied Powers. At that point, it's just a power fantasy.
>>
>>1088202
>If he did, would y'all read it?
Christ no, that would be almost as bad as what he's currently writing, but there are plenty of people in the hobby who love that shit and at least then the wehraboo anti-history faggotry would be generally forgivable.
>>
>>1088260
Is Cross of Iron also good?
>>
>>1088266
I've heard good things about it, but I've never actually seen it, so I can't say for sure.
>>
>>1088263
Right, so you don't want him to sully the name of alt-history hullabaloo with his quest of goodtimes with tanks. I get your stance, just bear in mind that saying that you want someone to write something else instead of what they're currently enjoying when you're not even gonna read their work makes you sound a pretentious douchebag.
>>
>>1088149
Only people who constantly rail about how fun it is to murder and eviscerate German soldiers are worse than Naziboos and Wehraboos.
>>
>>1088288
It is fun to murder and eviscerate Teddy Bearz, tho!
https://youtu.be/V3ATRoJgOrU
>>
>>1088283
>Right, so you don't want him to sully the name of alt-history hullabaloo with his quest of goodtimes with tanks
Nah, I'm saying that trying to defend blatantly silly and ahistorical panzerwank from someone complaining it being that by claiming "they're just normal germans! Nobody's overpowered!" is kinda dishonest and douchey on your part.

> saying that you want someone to write something else instead of what they're currently enjoying
I'm not saying that, I don't want him to write anything at all, what I'm saying is that if he'd just written something that was open about what it was and more tailored to that rather than something that that other anon could mistake for a quest that he might like it would save you the effort of having to lie in defense of it.

Embrace the wheraboo, don't deny it.
>>
File: fraulein and tank.png (342KB, 797x386px) Image search: [Google]
fraulein and tank.png
342KB, 797x386px
>>1088337
>they're just normal germans! Nobody's overpowered!
When did I say this?

>if he'd just written something that was open about what it was and more tailored to that rather than something that that other anon could mistake for a quest that he might like it would save you the effort of having to lie in defense of it.
The fault lies solely on that anon, the QM advertises his quest with "alternate history," pic related, and "Rise to fame as Germany's number one." He already does what you say.
>>
>>1088364
>"alternate history"
Alternate history still needs to be rooted in historical fact.
>>
>>1088373
Fine, a quest where there's no Panzer Ace girl and the quest is renamed "Guy who's somewhat good in a Panzer" and the British and Russians win a lot like in regular history.
>>
>>1088246
>They won Soulstorm though
And soulstorm was the worst expansion m. Coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>1088364
Sounds like he's not writing alternate history, more like German fantasy.

>When did I say this?
>>1088121
Ya know, the post that started this whole argument.
>>
>>1088384
>Ya know, the post that started this whole argument.
No, you mean
>>1072335
>Nazi wank is so fucking tedious. German engineering was not the best in the world.
Which I corrected by reciting facts, and every jumped on me for it.
>>
>>1088386
No, that's the post that started the discussion, yours is the post that started the argument.

What facts? That you won an engagement that should have resulted in a resounding defeat by getting mediocre rolls? Because that's pretty much the only fact that you've actually provided. Oh and the nitpick about it being Tunisia rather than Egypt.
>>
>>1088410
Y'know, it's hard to argue on a chatboard with someone who refuses to read, so for our collective peace of mind, why don't we just end it now.
>>
>>1088419
If you want to shut up you are free to do so, I'd suggest you chill out and remember that nobody can take away your enjoyment of your wehraboo wank quest, even by posting facts about it in a general thread.
>>
Guys it's irrelevant because Russkie wank is both better and more tasteful.
>>
>>1088419
>>1088431
How about you talk about something you both like instead, perhaps some other autistic tank quest that satisfies both your gibblies.
>>
>>1088431
I just hate it when people lie about a quest on here when they could just not read it and not talk about it, at most discourage others from reading it instead of going on a rant 'cuz they're bored.
>>
are there any other active communities online like this?
>>
>>1088461
How do you mean?
>>
>>1088461
Akun, Questionable Questing, Spacebattles, tgchan, are some.
>>
>>1088476
Sufficient Velocity.
>>
>>1088472
a place to play text based quests with drawfags like this place
Not ragging on anyone, for me some quest histories have a lot to catch up on and I sometimes can't invest my time into them.
Instead of being in the wrong and complaining about a quality time, I'd just like to have more options for browsing, looking for quests I like.

>>1088476
thank you
>>
>>1088503
Stick with 4chan and Akun. Maybe tgchan, it has some decent stuff intermingled with the furfaggotry. Avoid Spacebattles, Sufficient Velocity, and Questionable Questing like the plague.
>>
>>1088502
>>1088509
thank you
>>
>>1088476
>>1088502
>tgchan
Furry
>Spacebattles
Puritans
>Sufficient Velocity
SJW
>Akun
Imagine Youtube's UI, but even worse.
>>
The worst part about SV ain't the liberalism, it's that QMs are often fucking flakes who drop quests harder than newbie QMs around here, except they don't have the excuse of low audience participation to explain things.
>>
>>1088879
So what you're telling me is that it's the promised land where a QM that won't flake will have an abundance of players? Assuming you put up with liberalism.
>>
>>1089177
Hey, /qst/ is a promised land too if you've always dreamed of low player counts and slow QMs.
>>
>>1089190
Low to non-existent playerbases will kill a quest and murder a QMs motivation.

Liberalism is mildly annoying, but doesn't directly make me sit in an empty thread for 45m+ with only a handful of votes total across all your updates and no conversation, then start to wonder why I've willingly chosen to dedicate multiple hours to an entire day of my sparse and fleeting free time to write a story for a marginal amount of people who aren't more than tangentially interested.
>>
File: 136921504158.gif (47KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
136921504158.gif
47KB, 306x469px
>>1089219
>wonder why I've willingly chosen to dedicate multiple hours to an entire day of my sparse and fleeting free time to write a story for a marginal amount of people who aren't more than tangentially interested.

I was being facetious and was not prepared for feelings, anon.
>>
>>1089219

>The stupidest quest I run with the least amount of thought or effort gets the most players because it's the only one I write smut in.

>The vial of arsenic you ordered will be delivered to your house in 5 business days. Thank you for choosing Amazon Prime.jpg
>>
>>1089295
Just find a rope. Can you really wait 5 whole days?
>>
Coming up with chargen for an idea I have.

I have the idea of restricting character class based on the background picked; there's three classes each for three backgrounds. Would it be best to have all the class choices with their prerequisite backgrounds up front or to only show classes once the background is picked, not hinting that background is a factor at all? I want to do the latter to avoid metagaming, so people don't go for what they think is the most powerful instead of trying to better role play a character.
>>
>>1089860
Best chargen is no chargen. If you must do chargen, it's usually best try and find some way to work it into the narrative. Then you can do whatever you want, because the story is moving instead of being stuck in character creation.

As for your actual question, you could probably hint at what kinds of classes each background might give access to without telling them outright. That way they couldn't truly metagame, but they'd still have some idea of what they're getting into.
>>
File: Pepe Hmm.jpg (27KB, 508x524px) Image search: [Google]
Pepe Hmm.jpg
27KB, 508x524px
>MC is a male bounty hunter with a thirst for adventure
>>
>>1068457
What quests have you been reading, exactly? In the vast majority of quests with a feMC but here on /qst/ and back on /tg/ the feMC latched on to whatever resembled a male character immediately, regardless of how badly he was written and over much better written female characters that were actually CHARACTERS instead of cardboard cutouts.
>>
File: prison.jpg (12KB, 710x355px) Image search: [Google]
prison.jpg
12KB, 710x355px
Advice for running a Quest where being incarcerated is part of the setting?

stuff the MC can do while in prison suggestions?
>>
>>1091142
have you ever played freedom wars?
>>
>>1088214
>lesbian level - ideally on the low side
Define "low", while remembering GuP material is all over the place with this level. It goes from the original anime (which is rather low) to the comedy (and canon) spinoff featuring the same characters (which is medium) and then Ribbon Warrior (which broke /u/)

>>1091142
Former prison guard here, I'd advise you against this on account of prison inmate life being extremely repetitive.
The only things that would break the neverending monotony of "choose where to do exercise" are:
- Receiving a letter, or a visit or phone call from family or lawyers. This happened once a week.
- Getting a tattoo. You do have to pay that guy.
- An inmate beating up or shanking another inmate. This will cause a lockdown, the attacker getting sent to solitary confinement (after being properly peppered, tased and if necessary beanbagged) for a rather long while and the attacked to the infirmary or back to his cell, depending on his wounds.
- An inmate beating up or shanking a guard. See above.
- Attempts to take over the prison or escape. This never actually happened when I worked there but some of the older guys did see it.
- Becoming someone's "girl", or someone else becoming yours. This happens sometimes.

Also gang violence.
>>
>>1088438
Old /qtg/ was a containment thread for off-topic and post-session discussion, it became an echoing cesspool almost from day one. It was never good, it was only ever not horrid some of the time.

New /qtg/ has turned out exactly the same. We even have the same discussions over and over again, complain about the same handful of QMs and subjects, etc. It absolutely shouldn't surprise you that people come here to 'rant cuz they're bored' because that's what /qtg/ DOES.
>>
>>1089860
Sounds to me like you shouldn't be doing chargen at all. A flat "what are you?" is a really boring choice.
>>
>>1091160
you're probably right, I shouldn't try to force it to work. I'll just focus on the missions and briefings. maybe do dream segments for cell time instead
>>
File: why.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>1091109
>MC is an evil overlord rebuilding power after being defeated
>>
>>1091269
>>1091109
What's bad about these besides being generic and boring?
>>
>>1091295
Evil overlord quests are easily the most overdone and creatively bankrupt quests out there, next to magical girl quests.
>>
>>1091167
The reason there's only one choice is because of reasons highlighted here-
>>1090702
I actually prefer doing it through narrative, and the class pick is really only for the baseline character class instead of dictating every little thing. That way I'd just do the one thing and then the rest would be done through narrative.

Allowing every single little thing to be picked would be, from what I can predict, a good way to not have anything actually happen for an entire day.
>>
>>1091303
You misunderstand me. I don't want to pick every little thing. I want you to skip that "one thing" and make everything done through narrative, or don't do chargen at all.
>>
>>1091299
>not mentioning 'self-insert in fantasy genre X' quests, 'monster girl' quests, 'o k so liek ur this count under a king, i played Crusader Kings once' quests, etc.
>>
>>1091295
They're never actually evil
>>
>>1090702
ALWAYS approach training/studying in quests by describing a vague, amateur's idea of their capabilities. PC's aren't planning a character sheet based off of strictly set D&D rules, they're based on arbitrary narrative development. As such everyones PC's need to be like a freshman Physics major thinking about getting a PhD one day - They have a good idea of the stuff they'll know, but absolutely zero conception of the details at that level of knowledge.

Your players are and should be just as ignorant as your MC.
>>
>>1091299
You forgot about isekai quests
>>
File: IMG_3027.jpg (108KB, 579x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3027.jpg
108KB, 579x480px
>>1091109
>>1091269
>generic genres can't be fun ):<
>>
>>1068215
I would like to revive my dream planet Lucia with permission. what would be a better title for me, please?
>>
>>1091319
I would go further than that. Evil overlords are most often not actually evil from their own perspective. And players who've played those characters even once tend to already know what to expect, and that's why it's boring.

It's not evil to stake your enemies alive on 14ft poles at the borders of your territory; it's a practical deterrent.

It's not evil to make gruesome examples of criminals and malcontents in public squares. They're the people trying to undermine what's being built by yourself and the people you need to protect to have an empire in the first place.

It's the least of all evil to torture for information to cross confirm what you already have and instill savage loyalty in your royal guard by having them get better and better at personally mutilating your enemies. At this point, it's not really the information that you want anyways, it's the thousand-yard stare of a minion who knows they can do anything to anyone you point at and say "Dungeons."

Evil overlords in quests are never evil because they have to be lords, which means at the end of the day there's going to be reasons they prioritize their empire and a set amount of populous over raw acts of evil. If the reasons come from the players, they're just going to be another MC trying to do everything practical while selectively pissing off the characters they don't care about.

Unlike real life, overlords can't go for the evils of ignorance and raw hatred unless the QM outright characterizes the MC that way. Even then, there aren't a lot of people here who know what it's like to hate an enemy enough to personally exterminate them. It's not a joy, it's a job. Like taking out the trash or leaving poison for rats. Like a soldier, it's not murder to do your job, because there's a difference between murder and killing. You can wake up and kill every day because it's not wrong when the survival of yourself, your friends, and your nation are at stake; it's the only right and good choice to make, which hardly makes it a choice. In game terms, that's just a backdrop for the actual theater.

If players want to care about their choices or a QM wants them to then all of this doesn't really resonate with that. They have control of the evil overlord character, and for all the power they have as that character all the choices they can make are very set and linear, it's deeply unimaginative, it's not dynamic, and choices boil down to lesser evils or greyed pragmatism. I think character who are powerful but entirely perspective locked suffer the same problem, it's not railroading per se but it's definitely not a hugely player influenced character even if they make all the unique choices or write-in only.

Besides that, quests that go far into it without the extra character complexity just come off as edgy or badly hilarious, or alternatively sink into a moral grey bog. Like that rapey overlord quest with all the sacrifice and stuff or the other one that isn't memorable enough to name.
>>
>>1089219

>TFW I've only had 2 players in my last two threads when I used to have upwards of 7

Where did it all go wrong? Why does no one care anymore? How the fuck can you attract any kind of players? Run something with a built-in fan base, or go off into the deep end of creating your own world?
>>
>>1091377
I'd like it if they were just really corrupt and selfish, as that's what swings them to a more traditional view of evil than being a boring practical man. Being a bad leader is more fun than being a decent one.

Honestly, giving the PC every responsibility makes them too practical. It's better to have them in the ultimate leadership position, with underlings there to reduce the negative effects of what they do. You need to tempt them into actually doing the wrong thing by making it more fun.

Like an Auschwitz quest, where the PC manages to get away with using inmates as prostitutes, or confiscating all valuable possessions and sending them to their Swiss bank vault instead of the Reich.Hopefully later on, they'll start using them for target practice, or sending them to Mengele-kun to perfect his Nazi-Zombie serum.

Tropico has the right sort of idea when it comes to encouraging selfish, potentially harmful behaviour. Maintaining a stable 'evil' state is less fun than being Emperor Nero. Even the game Overlord, which sparked all of these quests encouraged you to mindlessly destroy things for fun. Of course, you did have a psychotic underling and an even more psychotic waifu spurring you on to do those things. Emotional support is important.
>>
>>1091433
The time you run matters a lot. if you run 10pm -8 am pst, you're doomed unless you have something that really grabs people..
>>
>>1091457

I usually run for 8 hours a session and start at 10 AM PST, but I figured as much... Start earlier and end earlier I guess?
>>
>>1091467
No, 10 am PST should be fine. Sounds like it's a genre or (perceived) creativity issue.
>>
>>1091356
Why would you need permission to revive your dream planet? Couldn't you just do it?

Call it Lucidia I guess? You know, like lucid dreaming? Maybe combining the word Lucid with the word Lucia will create a title and thus a world that's more stable?

Just trying to understand and help you with whatever rules your mind runs on.
>>
>>1091467
>10 am
Wow it's almost like some people have jobs or class and can't just participate in quests all day. Run in the afternoon to late evening
>>
>>1091433
>Run something with a built-in fan base
You run the risk of alienating that fanbase if you do something wrong or of boring them if you do the same exact thing
Have a twist, but don't go too far off the tracks if you do this. Certain changes are acceptable, certain others will not.
>>
>>1091481

I suppose my tastes in fanfic just isn't popular on /qst/... I was thinking about doing a Street Fighter spin-off anyway that would poke fun at E-Sports and how Capcom has been marketing SFV, but an original setting might be just what's need to attract players.
>>
>>1091486
>There's only one timezone.
>>
>>1091493
Hard to say. Players like worldbuilding, and they love skill trees.
>>
>>1091488

I haven't had any problems with that so far, but maybe the players that would've complained just chose not to and stopped showing up?

>>1091486

I've thoughtried about running later in the afternoon or evening, but I generally found that my players weren't able to stay awake long enough to continue past a certain time.
>>
>>1091509

I feel like they enjoy the world I'very built so far (Or rebuilt would be the better term; I kind of went off the rails with the setting the first time I tried to run my quest and had to do a soft-reboot when I migrated to /qst/), but they don't seem to know what kind of skills and/or what they could make the MC to do increase the skill tree.
>>
>>1091517
>they don't seem to know what kind of skills and/or what they could make the MC to do increase the skill tree.
This is your responsibility. you need to make it obvious and understandable what skills and abilities they can take on and create.
>>
>>1091324
They were fun the first hundreds of times. For example, whenever there's a undead quest, it's always necromancy/lich shit.
>>
File: 1484163060900.jpg (88KB, 550x564px) Image search: [Google]
1484163060900.jpg
88KB, 550x564px
>The MC is a practical, snarky, Diplomancer
>The FeMC is a lesbian
>>
File: Zambie.jpg (44KB, 575x305px) Image search: [Google]
Zambie.jpg
44KB, 575x305px
Had a change of heart on the backstory to this quest, so here I am with the new thread of my new quest!

"Everyone Has a Last Chance"

Feel free to join! Just started the thread.

Here:
>>1091675
>>1091677
>>
File: 1446623658953.gif (858KB, 240x228px) Image search: [Google]
1446623658953.gif
858KB, 240x228px
>The MC is a C
>>
>>1091684
Where?
>>
File: Tuppence Terror Punch.png (93KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
Tuppence Terror Punch.png
93KB, 448x336px
>Anons are too afraid to play as a straight female
For all their talk of being cute girls, they sure are pussies.
>>
>>1091712
Yes.
>>
File: 7nhd3Z5.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
7nhd3Z5.png
123KB, 785x757px
>>1091723
>That pic
>>
>>1091723
I always wonder why...
Is there any straight FemMC quest?
>>
>>1091723
>>1091798
Deseret from Statesmen Trial by Fire is straight.
>>
>>1091798
Well, there some female MCs but usually, Anons shitpost them into lesbos or at least try. I haven't seen a QM with a backbone to tell them that the MC is straight or cut that shit out.
>>
>>1091798
Shinobi quest's mc is straight
>>
>>1091812
Why are you lying to that poor anon?
>>
Should I be concerned if my player-base begins to display low intelligence?

I noted a couple of quests—that I'm not gonna name—where there was a complete lack of intelligent, in-depth decision making and conversation. You know what I'm talking about, right? Typos on every other word. Not being creative in how they play. That sort of thing.

Anyone else seen this before?
>>
>>1091812
Whose the husbando?
Havent follow it since the sealing and meeting with spirits

>>1091816
Oh....Hinata?
>>
>>1091798
Evil Sorceress MC is a slut.
>>
>>1091816
Hinata is a shit

>>1091819
No one yet but right now it looks like it's between Gaara or Toneri
>>
>>1091817
I have seen one in SOM's. Dead friends all around.
Fuck you SOM
>>
>>1091824
What happened with neji or Itachi?
Those were the high possibilities
>>
>>1091817
Wrestlequest
>>
>>1091829
Neji Was going to abandon the village and is currently in jail. Itachi is too ideologically opposed for it too work
>>
>>1091824
Gaara - dead
Toneri - reverse trap
>>
>>1091838
ah well
Thanks dude
>>
>>1091846
This kills the Tsuki
>>
>>1091817
They display a swarm intelligence that results in the lowest common denominator?

Creative write-ins are rare.

I saw some super-long posts on other questing forums where OP posts are measured in days instead of hours.
>>
So...which is a better quest?
Horror or Adventure?
>>
File: disgust.jpg (25KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
25KB, 453x453px
>it's yet another naruto or dragonball fanfic quest
>>
>>1091825
>>1091833

What I'm asking is if I should feel ashamed or something if this is the kind of player base I attract with my writing.

>>1091893

That is exactly what I'm talking about. If you go to someplace like tgchan, you might notice that a large portion of the quests (I'm not even exaggerating when I say easily 15-20%) are some simplistic furry/alien wank garbage.

I fear I am no better than one of them and don't even realize it.
>>
>>1091939
But aren't you realizing it right now?
>>
>>1091939
Its too late to turn back...
>>
>>1091939
Punish them a few time for not thinking things through, either they'll get it or the mc will die and you can start a new quest
>>
>>1091945

But I still don't feel as bad as Dead Space Quest

If it really is that bad, I'll just kill myself.
>>
>>1091961
Before you die, what quest?
>>
>>1091950

I've put too much time into working out the story to throw it away.
>>
>>1091962

Can't tell ya that m8. I don't want the players to think I'm calling them stupid or something. Really, I've only had a couple of moments where I doubted someone's status as either a native speaker of English, or someone under the age of fifteen.
>>
>>1091894
Horror can be a hard row to hoe for the same reason that it's difficult to do in a tabletop RPG. Horror games require a certain amount of buy-in from your players; they have to be willing to get scared in the first place, and only then can you successfully create an atmosphere that encourages dread, unease, disquiet, and doubt.

This is kinda exacerbated in a quest format, though. If I sit down at a table and offer to run a tabletop horror campaign, I have the advantage of intimacy; I can interview my players (if I don't know them already) and find out what notes I can hit, what lines I shouldn't cross, and what just won't be scary for them. I can present scenarios that challenge their agency without simply blatantly robbing them of it (horror movies thrive on helpless or disempowered protagonists; horror games, being games, require player agency and removing it is more likely to provoke anger than dread).

If your quest runs for more than one session, folks have time to cool down and theorize, which is great as part of the overall horror experience, but not necessarily great when you start up Thread 2 and it's time to get scared again. It's harder for the readers to buy back in at that point, which makes it harder for you to sell it.

Horror-themed questing can likely be done very well, but if you're out to actually scare or unsettle folks you've got an uphill challenge ahead of you.
>>
>>1091859
Furballs killed Tsuki for me. The Kaguya waifu-faggotry ruin it.
>>
>>1091833
Do not speak its name
It gives it power.
>>
>>1091927
If you're referring to me, then no. I can hardly watch anime. My suspension of disbelief just isn't strong enough.

Believe me, I've tried.
>>
File: Syx Lips.png (182KB, 452x375px) Image search: [Google]
Syx Lips.png
182KB, 452x375px
>>1091927
>tfw It's an Ippo quest
I can't wait for it.
>>
>>1091980
Fuck Sleepy so hard for ruining that quest
>>
>>1091975
Oh well...
Do you run it this week?
>>
>>1091985
Yeah.
Minmin's gonna post more regularly. No more waiting for months
>>
>>1091817

Having a few players who are ESL or Australian could explain poor language skills, but a lack of creative thought and conversation to me implies either a particularly blatant railroad or a lack of engagement.
>>
>>1091977
Ah...not that kind of horror per se but thanks vox
>>
File: IMG_6856.jpg (41KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6856.jpg
41KB, 938x477px
>>1091988

You're not just tryna make me slip up now, are ya?
>>
>>1091993
>Australians
oh fuck stupid bogans btfo
>>
>>1092002
Its a simple yes or no question.
Dont overthink it
>>
>>1091986
At least Booker moved on to better things
And his Kayfabe version at Akun is doing well too.
>>
>>1092023
I've been enjoying it, it's interesting to see the people who know nothing of wrestling learning how things work
>>
>>1092023
What was booker's quests again?
>>
>>1091118
bullshit
>>
>>1092040
Wrestle quest, which then was run at the same time as Dark Gate Academy which is now in its second season, and KayfabeQuest which is a soft reboot and reimagining of Wrestle quest is running on Akun.

I'd recommend everything except Wrestle Quest, which was plagued with shitty anons, horrible write ins and samefagging.
>>
>>1092061
oh right. Dark gate
>>
>>1091798
Of course there are. But the real question is have the players ever chosen to be a straight woman without the QM forcing it.
>>
>>1091999
Check out Ruby Quest if you haven't yet for horror ideas.
>>
File: Fleet Operations.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Fleet Operations.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
Starcaller Quest: Episode 15 is up and running!
>>1092118
>>1092118
>>1092118
>>
>>1092116
I already checked it out. Too bad i am not a drawer.

It seems you guys want horror quest but dont get yer hopes high. This might not be a horror
>>
>>1092103
London
>>
>>1092141

That is the one time where it was the reverse.

Where the fanbase wanted to keep the MC, I wouldn't say straight, but not in a relationship so essentially asexual. Instead of hooking up with the obvious dyke character literally two minutes before the quest ended.

And that was cool.

But y'know what the QM did after that?

He ended the sequel quest with the girl who wanted to bang the MC being a goddess with her in Super Heaven.

Which I'm pretty sure is the lesbian version of marriage if my vague memories of that one lesbian mecha anime is accurate.
>>
>>1092159
>one lesbian mecha anime is accurate.
Nani?
>>
>>1091999
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Amnesiac%20Quest
I enjoyed this one back in the day, really weird setting with horror and action elements.
>>
File: MoeShinobi.gif (1MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
MoeShinobi.gif
1MB, 768x432px
>>
>>1091798
Melancholic Quest
>>
>>1092181
True, the MC of that quest has taken more dicks in all holes than a lot of FeMCs combined.
>>
>>1092181
Did she choose to be with half joker?(you know...because of the scar)
>>
>>1092180
>Awkward redraw over a preexisting anime for a fanfiction-tier /u/ Naruto of all things quests

The cringe is real
>>
>>1092178
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=tax+quest
This was another interesting one.
>>
>>1092205
There is a lot of those in that quest.
>>
>>1092203
Ye
>>
>>1092212
That's some dedicated autism
>>
>>1092217
It's becoming a problem
>>
>>1092165
There is that one like, early 2000s mecha anime. Kannazuki no Miko? Was that it? And it's about two lesbians that become moon goddesses or something and one rapes the other with a flute at some point.
>>
>>1092227
What? What the fuck are you watching Trick?
I bet you love ryouzaku quest
>>
>>1092217
It's 4chan after all.
>>
>>1092233

I was like a kid and heard it was about lesbians.

I dropped the show like four episodes in and read the summary and man it sounds gay in every single direction.

Is Ryouzaku quest one of those XS quests?
>>
>>1092250
oh wait...its Rukuza. my bad
>>
>>1092250
From what I can tell it's what you get when you combine the maximum possible amounts of weeb, autism, and yurifaggotry in equal measure
>>
File: anichart.png (65KB, 395x289px) Image search: [Google]
anichart.png
65KB, 395x289px
Psion Academy Quest starts tomorrow.
>>
>>1092224
Why is it a problem?
>>
>>1092271
What time?
>>
>>1092288
In 23 and half hours from now, so 9:00PM UTC.
>>
>>1092202
None of them willingly yet, mind.
>>
>>1092227
One is a sun goddess, the other a moon goddess, the sun goddess rapes the moon goddess to make her hate them so she suffers less when they are both killed, again. And again. and again.

>>1092267
Aside from the autism, yeah.

XS is pretty much the opposite of autistic.
>>
>>1092355
>XS is pretty much the opposite of autistic.

And I quote:

Well, Yui's nice and soft, and STRONK. Onee-sama is so cool! Akari is gonna kill us...What, wat?

. . .

Our cute imouto-minions get along, and meet kiki-san...who needs our help! Oh and STUPID SECURITY GUARDS, WHO DO YOU THINK RYUKUSA IS!
>>
>>1092355
>XS is pretty much the opposite of autistic.
I pretty much the opposite of agree with you
>>
>>1092381
Oh, I totally agreed with the weeb and yurifaggotry.

But autistic she ain't.
>>
>>1091624
Make the Quest you want anon
>>
>>1092391
Okay.
>>
>>1092381
Can I get a source on that?
>>
>>1092410
Ryukuza Quest thread 3
http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/qstarchive.html?searchall=Ryukuza+
>>
>>1092410
http://pastebin.com/Z53TyK0N

You don't like yuri or weeaboo, don't read it.
>>
>>1092427
>You don't like yuri or weeaboo, don't read it.

This is the quest my QM prepared for me! If you don't like it, don't be rude about it!
>>
Academy Tournament Organization Quest is up:

>>1092277
>>
File: disapproving bako.png (80KB, 316x300px) Image search: [Google]
disapproving bako.png
80KB, 316x300px
>>1092423
>>1092381
>Everything is written from an in-character perspective

So the childish writing is actually deliberate
>>
>>1092454

Of course it's deliberate.

The real questions is . . . is it ironic?
>>
>>1092460
Define 'ironic'
>>
>>1092271
>Magic
>Psionics

Pick one.
>>
>>1092467

Does your QM legitimately enjoy writing like a retarded weeaboo?

Or does your QM get their jollies by how autistic it sounds when they write like a retarded weeaboo?
>>
>>1092467
On a scale of 1 to Fanfiction double fake out
>>
>>1092451
Oh, he can be as rude as he wants. Just letting him know, it's chock full of things he won't like if he don't like yuri or weeaboo.
>>
>>1092454
Yes, it was.

As she grew, it lessened.
>>
>>1092473
For all intents and purposes, it's magic.
But if you really want to be pedantic, I'm using psionics as using your mind to create phenomena.
>>
>WAAH WAAAAH CHAR GEN SUCKS AND IS HORRIBLE

>Shinbobi Quest has literally the most ass tier fucking char gen

>Still has dozens of players and is a popular fucking quest because Naruto

Long story short, fuck off with warning people about the horrors of char gen.

it literally doesn't matter.
>>
>>1091816
its one anon editing u stuff

word of QM is Tsuki is straight
>>
>>1092513
It seems that way. Banished started with shit-tier chargen too. Rogue Trader had 1 day and roughly eight hours of chargen and it looks like it will turn out fine.

But also none of its chargen was ambiguous and it's from a known system.
>>
>>1092523
Character generation is the most meme fucking "first time quest pitfalls"

I honestly think people who aren't QMs need to start shutting the fuck up about their garbage opinions.
>>
>>1092526
I think the biggest pushback against chargen started when people who I want to believe were just trolling always voted futa if they were given a gender vote back on /tg/.
>>
>>1079313
Deseret (almost) best girl.
>>
>>1092526
It's confirmation bias due to idiot QMs that let shit like futa get through or do an Expel spreadsheet for chargen.
>>
>>1081540
Joker Quest already exists.
>>
>>1092571
Who is best girl then?
>>
>>1092159
>I wouldn't say straight, but not in a relationship so essentially asexual.
well there weren't exactly a good selection of men.
>>
>>1092591

There was Cu Culain who we objectively thought was attractive but who we let fuck Cassandra instead because Amelia is a cuck.
>>
>>1092526
I tried a char generation period in a one-shot I made a long time ago.

It ended up pissing off a single player and he mis-archived the quest. I don't even know how to find it anymore.
>>
>>1084890
People already use goddamn Twitter, so why the fuck not?
>>
>>1092605
I thought it was more Amelia thought he was attractive, but Cass was head over heals for the guy and we didn't want to cuck the only friend we had.

Nor the did the players care all that much. Busy saving the world and all.
>>
>>1085011
I ran one like that a while back, but my writing was too boring and too anime.
>>
>>1092619

Yeah you thought that because you're a cuck or a yurifag.

:^)
>>
>>1092605
he was.....OKAY. Attractive, but carrying his ass around when he was Setanta kinda took some of the romance away.
>>
File: 1484218518897.jpg (35KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484218518897.jpg
35KB, 640x640px
>>1092629
>>1092619
>>1092159
This quest sounds terrible
>>
>>1092629
:^)

>>1092642
It's actually pretty damn good. The romance aspect or lack there of in this case is barely a factor in it. It's just the topic cause we were talking about straight FeMCs.
>>
>>1092635
>but carrying his ass around when he was Setanta kinda took some of the romance away.

So you obviously think the same about Petra seeing as we carried her ass throughout both quests because she was a loser, asshole, cripple that needed constant rescuing, right?
>>
>>1092669
yes
>>
>>1092669
I mean, I was commenting on the asexual part you mentioned, not about Petra.
>>
>>1092691

Alright, good man.

For a second I thought I was going to have to bust into my spiel again of how a male character needs to be perfect to be deemed worthy of husbandoing while a female character just has to exist to be a waifu.
>>
>>1092697

Eh, Cernunnos, Cu/Setenta and Ose (if you're a furry faggot) were all fine.
>>
>>1092590
Still trying to figure that one out.
>>
File: Anon Blush.png (187KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Anon Blush.png
187KB, 900x900px
Always make the base characters already.
Character gen. is slow, autistic, and it will put off other players.
>>
>>1092699
You didn't even read the second part. Petra had decent development. But I know you gotta keep up your shitposting quota.

By the way, Shinobi is ripe with shitposting opportunities. You'll have a damn field day.
>>
>>1092715
pshh, demons. Humanity4life
>>
>>1092720

When your choices are a disfigured Scottish punk who instantly died, Faggoty ass Joseph, and disfigured Slavshit dyke you either need to fuck a demon or find the vibrate function on your demon summoning device.
>>
Modern Necromancy Quest: Redux is running once more!
>>1086101
>>1086101
>>1086101
Come jump in and help Liz Shepherd defeat her unseen foe in the bowels of a heavily guarded museum!
>>
>>1092718
And if people don't like the character, they won't play the quest.
>>
>>1091798
There are. They're actually about even with the number of feMCs that are not looking for romance or are lesbians.
>>
>>1092967
Well the same happens if the chargen makes a character they don't like so it's a non issue.
>>
>>1092699
>how a male character needs to be perfect to be deemed worthy of husbandoing while a female character just has to exist to be a waifu.
Sell me a ticket to this wonderful alternate dimension of yours where this happens.
>>
>>1093024

I mean if you can link to counterexamples I'd love to give those quests a looksie so I can read them.
>>
>>1092497
I'm just giving grief for no reason. Do what you desire.
>>
>>1092526
With that kind of attitude you'd make an excellent business CEO.
>>
>>1093060
Burden of proof and all that, m8. You first.

Also the girl in Kannazuki no Miko raped the other with a tanto's handle. The flute thing is Mandela's effect in action.
>>
File: tegaki.png (7KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
7KB, 400x400px
>>1093024
Jere.
>>
>>1093097
Anon have you really never seen players attempt to waifu the first likable female MC they've seen?

Shadows of Zeon or Persona 2129 are example and there are plenty more.

I can't comment much on the 'Perfect Husbando' only argument. The only example I have is Hellborn in which the the 'First Guy' in this case, Baron, got tossed aside the instant he fucked up and they hooked up with a dude that had his shit together more.

I think what Trick is trying to say is that there is a much lower bar for a girl to be waifu-able and a higher one for a husbando to get near their FeMC. Like how a father protects his daughter.
>>
>>1093097

Nigger fuck you. I honestly would like to check those quests out that you're insisting exist.

>raped the other with a tanto's handle. The flute thing is Mandela's effect in action.

Truly this makes the difference.

But since we're on the topic of things with husbandos, I'll talk about the quests I know.

>Hellborn Quest

Now this one is literally only got husbandos because the QM put his foot down and apparently all the men "fucking sucked". Also the quest got dropped so no point to reading it. Points to the QM though.

>Ruby Quest

The original. Tom and Ruby getting together was what the people wanted even though both were majorly flawed. It was a good quest.

>Evil Sorceress Quest

Good quest, Ben's nice although I barely count it because any quest where the MC has a harem, especially if it's of multiple genders, I really find it hard to consider it husbandoing. Call it shifting goalposts if you wish, but if the quest is still filled with yuri shenanigans and shit it's essentially adding husbandoing on as an extra. The kitchen sink if you wish.

>Dungeon Life Quest

Again, similar thing with the committed threesome but at least in this one the boytoy is actually a major part, it feels like. And hey that quest might actually end even if I fucking hate it and won't read it. Vox doesn't get points though since he fell for the harem meme despite not wanting to write it, originally.

>Shinobi Quest

Haven't read it yet but hey, kinda cool if both the Qm and the players together actually want to husbando instead of one of the two groups desperately wanting yuri and being denied like its a forbidden cookie. A shame it seems to be fucking Gaara but whatever.

>Melancholic Quest

Y'know, fuck it. Husbando a pedophile. Players screamed for lezzing out with another young teenaged girl but that might have been a one off thing. QM gets points for being a female and thus actually wants her female character to get with a man kinda. Despite having this character be raped once or twice. Would be very easy to go the "i don't trust men, thus i'm a lesbian now" route.

>Tuffle Quest

This QM is an honest to god lesbian and yet she had a het romance that she honestly sort of forced down her player's throats. Passive aggressively fought against the yurifags who wanted MC to fuck Chichi. A shame the husbando had to be fucking Goku.

And finally

>You Awaken in Westeros Quest

It gets a lot of points for having Benjen as the husbando. Wonderful choice. QM and players both wanted it. A shame the players followed it up by being lame and sleeping with a bunch of girls.

Now tell me anons of /qst/!

Can you think of any other quests with good husbandos? Make sure to reply and link so we can all get what we want in life.
>>
>>1093133
>have you really never seen players attempt to waifu the first likable female MC they've seen?
I have. I also have seen players drop the first likable female character they see like a hot potato the moment the first male character, likable or not, appears to husbando him.
Bonus points for him resulting to be a scumbag. Then players will jump to his defense, claiming that "his superiors made him do [the scumbaggy thing]!", "he's actually a good guy!", "she [female character that's not the PC but still pretty important] is stressed and needs a relationship!", "he has a thing for her!" and similar bullshit.

>>1093150
>tell him to post quests where the feMC ended up with a girl despite the presence of multiple better written male characters
>does the opposite
Dude.

Also, look at all them straight feMCs, or bi tending towards liking males. But yeah, all feMCs are lesbians right?
>>
>>1093150
>Gaara

Strictly speaking, that would be really quite difficult. From my perspective, the players jump around a lot between who they like. I certainly haven't endorsed anything.

I don't advertise in QTG between of the subject matter of the quest I run. Figured cutting my QM teeth on an established property would be better than pushing my "epic completely original setting and story"- sort of like running a published tabletop module before running homebrew. It had the desired result, and I've learned a lot about QM'ing in the process.

But, yeah, as I say in every header: "It's a fucking Naruto Quest". I embrace the salt and shitposting it brings.
>>
>>1093191
>>1093191

>>does the opposite

Woah woah now, I'm just posting the types of quest that come close to what I want maybe and what I've seen/heard about them.

Literally the only quest where you might have a point is

>Hellborn Quest

and personally I call bullshit on the female characters being "better written".

Now if you could link quests where

>I also have seen players drop the first likable female character they see like a hot potato the moment the first male character, likable or not, appears to husbando him

I would appreciate it. I'm genuinely asking for this. Not trying to say you're wrong.

I think you really want this to be an argument but I'd like to see these things you're talking about. To read them.
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest will be up and running as soon as I get a post!

>>1086514
>>
>>1093202
>personally I call bullshit on the female characters being "better written"

Well you'd be wrong. Rowan is pretty good. Wolf is pretty good. I think they are equally well written and multi dimensional characters.

You should actually read the quest sometime since you argue about this a lot.
>>
>>1093211
>You should actually read the quest sometime since you argue about this a lot.

I would if it wasn't a dropped, failed quest.

I'm too lazy to actually put in the effort to prove I'm right because I'd honestly rather just accept people disregarding my opinion.

Plus, if I read it now, knowing all I was doing was trying to prove my opinion correctly, I'd view all the male characters in a more positive light and the female characters in a less positive light regardless of true quality.

I'm just seriously tired of female characters who are forced into being straight against player wishes.

Like Maple from Tuffle Quest. I mean, I'm pretty confident the potential female love interests in Dragon Ball are generally less well written or of similar quality written as the potential male love interests.

Maybe it's different with Languid.

But it's kinda hard for me to believe that it's different for Hellborn when the players in a quest with a similar situation, "QM forces het instead of yuri" are doing the exact same thing.
>>
>>1092967
It's the same either way. People are picky cunts.
>>
>>1093233
I only remember a couple players that were vocally butthurt that Sierra didn't become a lesbian with Rowan.
>>
>>1093202
>I'm genuinely asking for this.
Hero Quest
Basically all of MercCommand's quests featuring a female character other than Pacific Strike.

Then there are a couple of others I won't name because they're still running:
One has the girls doing a job that has an unwritten clause that prevents them from ever getting husbandos. This is not a quest thing, this mirrors an IRL thing. They got husbandos anyways, because "they were there"
Another has the the feMC and another important female character getting shipped with male characters that were basically rammed onto the story and serve absolutely no purpose other than "being there". Worth mentioning is that the feMC is explicitly not interested in romance and the other female character's current mental state would do any kind of romantic relationship severely detrimental to her.
>>
>>1093281
>I won't name because they're still running

You should name them.

>MercCommand's quests

I remember the MC of the Ace Combat quest got with the husbando who was just the MC of Valkyria Mercs quest.

How about the main character of Merc Command's Payday Quest? Who did she get with? Was there even romance in that quest?

Pacific Strike is boat girls right? Did the main character even do lesbian stuff in that or is it just implied yuri?

And what about the magical girl hunter quest where you were like, killing your old magical girl friends? Was that also hetero?
>>
>>1092159
>Where the fanbase wanted to keep the MC, I wouldn't say straight, but not in a relationship so essentially asexual. Instead of hooking up with the obvious dyke character literally two minutes before the quest ended.
>He ended the sequel quest with the girl who wanted to bang the MC being a goddess with her in Super Heaven.

Is this Korra?
>>
>>1093298
>Payday Quest
I don't really remember. But I do think she ended up with a guy.

>Did the MC [of Pacific Strike] even do lesbian stuff
Yes. More than once, and to more than one girl.

>Magical Girl Hunter
Yes, that was also hetero.

>name them
Nah. They're still sitting on a house of cards and I don't want any rocks thrown at it.
>>
>>1093306

Quite similar in that the writers of the show (QM) made a decision about the ending that was in-congruent with the rest of the show.
>>
File: FuckDeeDoodleDoo.gif (492KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
FuckDeeDoodleDoo.gif
492KB, 500x252px
>mfw I'm not sure if I'm making all of my choices really shit except for one, or if my players just don't care enough to confer with one another.
>>
>>1093338
The answer is always yes
>>
>>1093338
Active discussion is a rare thing on /qst/ for most quests unless players disagree strongly with each other. Since you're in thread one player investment is probably still pretty low, give it time and start making certain votes more complex and important.
>>
>>1093338
you're....on the high end of choice detail. A little less detail would encourage more discussion, but I don't really know how to pull it off in the style you want because I have the exact same problem.
>>
>>1093338
Your quest lacks significantly differing options and the source appears to be the type of narrative you've chosen and the points at which you've decided the players to have input. Most of the options feel like a given, and when they don't it doesn't feel like there are things worth thinking about or arguing for. That is to say all your greentext looks equally viable and sufficient, and when none of them seem or appear to lead to divergent paths or deeper consequences there's no reason to disagree or argue about what's provided or write-in.

In a way, it's comfy. In another way, if player discussion was your objective you're giving them too much and going too easy on them to get that. There doesn't appear to be any solid method for enumeration or adding details, so only one(?) anon or so is suggesting anything resembling a write-in.

I've seen this before with a previous QM who I really wish didn't delete their twitter and leave forever in which your posts come across as Finished or Complete, there's not a lot for me as a player to add to them. They're sufficient for the narrative, the character, and the game. Because of that I don't see where my input would make a difference.

Also, first thread. Your previous players from the last session may not have free time to join in on your current run, different life schedules and stuff, which doesn't often iron out for a while and of course only if you can run consistently to a set period of hours.
>>
>>1093338
Also your posts take a while. But that's just a practice thing.
>>
>>1092103
Bloodline Protector Quest.

Not only did players choose to be straight, but they actively fought the QM to remain straight.

They had the motherfucking goddess of lesbians come down and try to make out with them for fucks sake yet they still chose the dick.
>>
>>1093614
what troopers
>>
>>1092513
Chargen is great for fanfiction quests since it's all about building your own self-insert ORIGINAL CHARACTER, not so much for original settings.

No one gives a fuck if they gotta choose between being a member of Nightdancer Tribe or Warband Donutsteel, but they'll argue all day over what Naruto Ninja Clan/Stance/Art/Jitsu/Jutsu/(I don't fucking know how Narutos work) is the best or whether one should play a Saiyan or a Majin.
>>
>>1093657
That's not true. As long as the things you're choosing during an OC quest chargen are straightforward and it stays relatively short then it works just fine.
>>
>>1093549
Know any good quests that you remember as having good choices?
>>
So there's a lot less lesbian feMCs than people thought. Why do people complain about them as if literally every quest female MC was a lesbian?
>>
>>1093759
The only good choices on /qst/ involve getting off the internet and doing something productive.
>>
>>1093765
Because yuri is shit.
>>
>>1093759
Just old ones that anyone can get with search by rank on suptg.
>>
>>1093773
Maybe you should start making good choices then.
>>1093780
Oh come on, thats not fair. The problem isn't the yuri, it's the fact that it's a female mc that makes it shit.
>>
>>1093821
It's too late for that sort of change
>>
>>1093765

I mean its a false premise to think FeMC's should be an equal balance 50 percent lesbian to 50 percent straight with a smattering of bisexuals.

A majority should be heterosexual with a few bisexuals and even fewer lesbians if we want to go by population representation.

In truth I think a lot more quests are yuri than really need to be.
>>
>>1093881
At the same time it's fiction, not a population distribution. There's not a requirement of this or that spread of attributes, genders, or sexualities one way or the other.
>>
>>1094006
You're right. Honestly people are going to write what they're going to write and read what they're going to read. And if you don't like it you can find a different community that writes what you want or bitch about it in the quest thread general.

But you have to admit certain genres/styles of story do not work with the type of yuri that people put forth in general. The sexualities of your characters should reflect, in some way, the genre of your story with how that manifests. Just like every other narrative element.
>>
>>1094027
I mean, the statement doesn't seem wrong but my exposure to quests is still sadly limited so I can't really comment on specific cases. It is true that your treatment of romance - regardless of sexuality - should fit with the story, though.
>>
>>1094031

And what character the main character gets with should most likely be the character that is most appropriate with regards to the narrative.

Now there's nothing saying that character or relationship can't be two women, two men, one man one woman, one man one woman one birdwoman.

But y'know, it's also a quest and if you're letting the players pick the romance option you're letting them dictate the flow and style of your narrative. And how that manifests is also important.

I think QMs and players both should sit down and think about what/who is best for the MC before voting instead of voting for "their girl" or "their guy"
>>
File: 1449514321996.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1449514321996.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
>>1094057
...Yes, I believe I agree wholly with this sentiment.
>>
>>1094057
Just give them an established stable relationship from the very start of the quest to avoid all of that faggotry.
>>
>>1094067

Because then you get shit like

Tuffle Quest and Hellborn Quest where the players want lesbians but the QM knows how they want the flow of the story to go and that requires heterosexuality.

And you also get shit like SMT: London or Bloodline Protector where it's the opposite and you still have a disconnect between the players and the QM.

Now who is at fault and how really should have listened to who or paid attention to the flow of the story is up for debate.

But I don't like it and would much rather players and the QM were on the same page.

But maybe it would be best if everyone was to listen to the story instead of their own gut desires. It's a hard thing to nail down.

>>1094078

Or an established sexuality. I know there are some QMs who really don't give a shit and will let it go up to the players, but again. If you're running a specific type of quest in a specific setting you should really think about it.

Like, um A Song of Ice and Fire is not a good "yuri" quest if what you're talking about is the handholding, ugu loveydovey yuri shit. Lesbians in that world are taking on a much different approach and when the players say

"make our female character try and fuck that noblewoman" well now you're writing a much different story than you were before and you either have to adjust for that or I don't know. Kill yourself.
>>
>>1094091
At a guess, one cause is not seeing a need for one over the other. DLQ coulda gone either way (and did go Option Three) without overtly disturbing itself; in that sense, while the choices regarding the romance mattered and still matter, they didn't boil down to 'worsen the plot' vs. 'advance the plot'. I'm having a hard time envisioning a situation where you'd require one option over all the others but, then, it's also nearly midnight and I'm burnt out as all fuck so it's not like I'm bringing my A game to this discussion here either.
>>
>>1094106

With OC settings and shit it's a relatively easy thing to design, I'll admit. Because all you have to do is make two highly bisexual women without a strong desire for explicit monogamy and then a man who's, y'know, heterosexual and also not specifically deterred in any way shape or form. And then decide they're all easily and equally attracted to one another with little issue.

I mean a lot of things in your quest come off as "fake hard" so a lot of things that are presented as difficult obstacles are sort of overcome through what looked to me at the time as "bullshit". And I think the polyamorous relationship was one of them.

To be fair, I haven't read since River fought the Angel bitch so if something major happened I wouldn't know.
>>
What's the best way to write engaging fight scenes in quests?
>>
>>1094122
I know. Anon asks after you at times.
>>
>>1094133
Tell them I miss them.
>>
>>1091356
Jesus christ you're an autistic fuck.
>>
>>1093634
Granted, that might've just been to spite EGO.
>>
>>1093881
>A majority should be heterosexual with a few bisexuals and even fewer lesbians if we want to go by population representation.
Not really. Under that logic, the cast of each quest should have the proper ratios, but not necessarily the protagonists, and that logic still erroneously assumes all or even a majority of quests are set in modern age western civilization when it very well might be set in Yuriopolis, capital city of Sapphicon V, planet of lesbians during the Dyke Age.
>>
>>1094313
Which is why I said

>if we want to go by population representation

Read on my man, you'll see this point has already been addressed and talked about
>>
>>1093780
Considering QMs won't get into the finer or more sentimental aspects of yuri the only difference you get is that you play as one of the waifus, waifuing other waifus.
Which is very different from playing as a husbando waifuing waifus, mind. A hurdle people can't be faulted for not leaping over.

And worse than both is forcing either upon the players. Why spite part of your playerbase?

>>1093821
>it's a female mc that makes it shit.
How would you do it, then? Also, does that mean quests featuring a lesbian feMC are shit by mere virtue of featuring a lesbian feMC?
>>
>>1094324
I saw that after I posted. Oh well.
>>
>>1093197
That's because they like dicks, not their owners.
>>
>>1094128

Remember the fundamental rule: A fight scene is about communication. As this is a quest, you have more time to describe what's happening round-by-round.

For instance, if you roll a hit and the enemy rolls a miss, make it a flurry of blows that ends when one guy lands a single solid hit. Describing how the PC moves and reacts is also rather important - For instance, if the enemy is tough, describe how he shrugs off the impacts or the bullets bounce off his chest. If he's fast, describe how he's literally too fast to track, or how he takes single precise steps to dodge.

You want to communicate what the opponent is trying to do, and what the PC can do. If the PC feels powerful, your players will feel powerful too and act accordingly. An example I like to use is the PC firing a powerful weapon and missing - This doesn't mean he's a bad shot. It could be the weapon's so powerful he blew up everything except the opponent. So even if he misses, there's a distinct effect on the environment so the PC doesn't feel ineffectual. (Similarly, you might have been able to hit the enemy multiple times, but you didn't land anything more than a glancing hit.)
>>
>>1094128
Expression
>>
>>1094128
From my experience, and I'm speaking as a tabletop dude, it's to keep the tension up. One of the things that keep people glued to a good fight on a boxing PPV is "what's he gonna do next"? Keep that tension going and you'll do well.

Unless you're going with a pure numbers thing, then just follow DnD.
>>
>>1094128
Depends on what the fight is supposed to accomplish.

People often forget that fights happen for reasons, and those reasons should drive the fight. If the end result doesn't matter, it doesn't matter how well written the fight scene is,, people will not be interested. Even if the fight scene is as basic as "establishing MC's combat ability", the purpose of a fight is to achieve something aside from victory.

If you do not have a clear idea what you are trying to establish with said fight scene, then it doesn't matter how well written it is, it just looks like filler to anyone reading it.
>>
File: IMG_7704.jpg (60KB, 496x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7704.jpg
60KB, 496x700px
>>1095339
>>1095339
>>1095339

Let's go!
>>
>>1078825
When i frequnted here we had this one god game thread that was literaly this. Istiling our wills on flimsy mortals.
That being said it quickly became a bigger dick quest since we were always trying to find a way to dick around the others. It was quite fun do.

>>1078922
>3 gods 1 chaos 1 destruction 1 balance
Do i know you by chance? :>
>>
Sup, folks. Though I'm still away until late February, I've finally figured out how to eke out some time to actually run a quest again! I won't have a lot of it, so I'll be running pretty sparsely, but I should be starting either tomorrow or in the next few days.
>>
File: op.png (316KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
op.png
316KB, 1024x1024px
>>1095436
It's up!
>>
Evil Sorceress Quest continues!

>>1095453
>>1095453
>>1095453
>>
Magical Girl For Hire is running- has been for a bit, but I remembered this place is a thing. We're doing prep-time.

>>1095150
>>1095150
>>1095150
>>
>still no new takistan quest
end my life
>>
>>1096277
>>1096277
>>1096277

Beleaguered Prince Quest is now up.
>>
>>1094913
>>1094913
>>1094913

Som's shitty Earthbender Quest is running again
>>
Alchemical Blade Quest is back up and running for the session wrap up!

>>1086514
>>
>>1096524

Panzer Commander Quest is now running and will be for the next few days.
>>
>>1096589
>>1096585
>>1096346
>>1096278
>>1095477
>>1095466
>>1095440
>>1095355
that is.....

.....a surprisingly healthy number of quests
>>
>>1096600
It's the weekend what do you expect
>>
>>1096600

To be fair, its largely just wrapping up from yesterday when I needed to duck out early.
>>
Can I promote a game I'm running on anonkun? or is that frowned upon?
>>
>>1097199
I doubt anyone cares
>>
>That one or two player(s) who stay with you
>>
File: Knight.jpg (94KB, 461x414px) Image search: [Google]
Knight.jpg
94KB, 461x414px
>>1097256
Cool, then here is the link:
http://anonkun.com/stories/whitescale-tribebr/KGeKsQnhND3DR3ZoZ
>>
>>1097496
>promote
>just posted the link
>not even a title, let alone a description or a hook telling them why this thing is what they're looking for
>>
>>1097303

They truly are a great gift to have. They've been the only consistent players I've had since migrating to /qst/ and have single-handedly kept my quest going.
>>
Any quests in the history of quests where the players turn against the waifu and kill her, maybe because she turned out to be psycho or evil?
>>
>>1097797
>she turned out to be psycho or evil
That won't work. Anons gere are thirsty for evil chicks. You'll have to make her really shitty in the twist.
>>
>>1097816
ie., "Arthur kills Manaka because he finds out she's off her rocker as fuck and has feeding human sacrifices into the Grail, up to even using her own family"

So like, burn the players out by revealing I dunno, the waifu's latent guro fetish and perform it over and over in excruciating detail?
>>
>>1097826
Something more along the lines of the whole relationship was a lie, she was seeing someone else while together yada yada yada. Needs to fee like real betrayl.
>>
>>1097826
Yeah, it has to be something that affects THEM.
>>
>>1097853
You mean besides "the evil waifu binds and gags you and forces you to watch her go all NTR before doing something gory and violent with the other guy's remains?"

Or the waifu starts targeting the other people of importance to the MC in flashy, violent ways?

There are some emotionally abusive or narcissistic things drawn from real life, but it might hit close to home for some players.
>>
>>1097797
Not a great example, but Blood Moon is the only thing I can think of that comes close to that.

MC has the hots for this wheelchair bound french girl, who he later discovers is the champion that keeps killing him and generally being a danger to everyone. They still couldn't bring themselves to kill her, but I remember it being a very close vote.
>>
>>1097683
Oh, true true. My bad.

Civ thread. Snakefolk/Floating islands. combination quest/civ game about a group of snakefolk who are harassed my adventurers after they kill the wizard overlord who ruled over the islands.
>>
>>1095423
Will there be snorting?
>>
>>1098123
It depends on how derisive the players are, so possibly!
>>
File: Rei57.png (770KB, 992x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Rei57.png
770KB, 992x1402px
After a week's absence due to illness, it's time for Dark Gate Academy: Tournament Arc Climax!

>>1098409
>>1098409
>>1098409
>>
File: My child.png (193KB, 310x329px) Image search: [Google]
My child.png
193KB, 310x329px
Symbiote Quest going live at 3:15 PM EST barring any distractions as always
>>
>midway through an arc
>don't find it interesting any more
What do I do?
>>
>>1099054
>Player
Take a break

>QM
Include a twist out of nowhere
>>
File: Oi.gif (3MB, 448x251px) Image search: [Google]
Oi.gif
3MB, 448x251px
http://anonkun.com/stories/symbiote-quest-20/nLFhaigrSfd8Kdqfr/issue-12-rampage/bEkFiJHa59LBgBJeb

Its 3:15
>>
File: 1485011796281.jpg (1MB, 3000x1928px) Image search: [Google]
1485011796281.jpg
1MB, 3000x1928px
Starcaller Quest is running right now!
>>1099470
>>1099470
>>1099470
>>
File: shiba.png (190KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
shiba.png
190KB, 1024x1024px
>>1099481
Live again
>>
Say you're looking for a new quest to participate in.

What's your personal cut off point for when there's too much shit to read through to get up to speed and you just drop in and try and figure out what's going on from there?
>>
>>1099624
I dislike that so I always catch up from the archives before actively playing in a thread
>>
>>1099729

>>1099729

>>1099729

"Everyone Has a Last Chance" Quest is up and running! Running all day today.

>>1099729

>>1099729

>>1099729
>>
>>1099624
never
>>
>>1099624
Really depends, sometimes I'll get caught up on the archives if the writing is particularly good, but if it's just a mediocre but fun quest I'll just join in and go off of context clues.
>>
>>1099624
Most players and QMs are pretty accommodating to new players. If you want to participate, you can always ask for a quick summary so you can follow the current thread.

And if they tell you to fuck off and read the archive, you know that they're cancer and you can avoid that quest entirely.
>>
>>1099624
If I am truly interested I will take the time to read the archives, no matter how large.

I caught up with Homless Mutant, Hellborn, Hive Queen, and Banished by binging even though they were all a good chunk in.
>>
>>1099774
Fuck off retard.
>>
>>1099774
Some quests have2-3 years worth of archive. that's a lot of summary.
>>
>>1099774
Hello guy who hasn't read the in-thread lore and dumps fourteen paragraphs of wildly off base exposition guesswork inbetween the QMs posts.
Fuck off and read the archives.
>>
>>1099774
lmao this entitlement
>>
File: 2.1.1.png (676KB, 757x1079px) Image search: [Google]
2.1.1.png
676KB, 757x1079px
http://anonkun.com/stories/the-paladin-of-avalon/-JRvxJl3loGBg9Bo64XE/29-the-age-of-a-new-moon/4mHiSfnEtCb8zAujx
>>
File: Armada Recruitment poster.jpg (154KB, 524x810px) Image search: [Google]
Armada Recruitment poster.jpg
154KB, 524x810px
>>1100852
>>1100852
Death Among the Stars 63 is up! Come on in
>>
How's akun's traffic compared to qst's?
>>
>>1101367
About the same. They have the same amount of live threads up at a time, though on /qst/ you see all the abandoned/inactive quests on the catalog making it seem deader than it really is.
>>
>>1101560
Seems like more people post comments and stuff, though...
>>
>>1101579
More people bother talking because there's an active chat.

This is both a good and bad thing
>>
>>1101592
I can guess the advantages but what's the bad shit like...
>>
>>1101598
Imagine everyone ended their statements with an ellipses prefaced with fuck you...
>>
>>1101598
Making a post that will be permanently be on the thread unless you delete it filters out a fuck ton of shitposting and retardation that an active chat doesn't.
>>
File: 1485284303869.png (42KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
1485284303869.png
42KB, 240x249px
>>1103706
Valen Quest is live, as I once more struggle to understand how time works.
>>
>>1080740
Wew
>>
Lafayette Girls Academy is boring in that it takes forever for tank battles to happen, but at least the tank battles are challenging.

Panzer Ace is boring in that even though lots of tank battles happen, none of the foes in it put up a good fight or even try to use tactics.
>>
>>1104328
Have you tried telling either QM that? You know, constructive feedback?
>>
>>1104340
Panzer Ace QM banned me for wanting more grit over glory in the battles.
>>
>>1104347
What a cunt.
>>
>>1104352
The guy said that Russian snipers aiming for tank commanders would make battles too complicated. I imagine next he'll be saying that having the infantry use bazookas and panzerfausts would require him to go buy a rulebook and he just doesn't have the money.
>>
>>1104328
Anon if you're not enjoying the time between the tank battles in LGA, you're probably not the audience for LGA.
>>
>>1104328
Yeah, LGA wouldn't really work if it was just the tank battles anon. It's a GuP quest, the slice of life stuff is important to making those battles have stakes and impact, as they don't have the threat of death, maiming or capture that a war setting would.

As for Panzer Ace though, yeah you pretty much hit the nail on the head, as much as I wanted to give that quest a chance its battles were never once compelling while I was reading the backlog, so I just gave up on it.
>>
>>1104725
Though, Panzer Ace had this one really cool part where we were driving this heavy prototype, and in order to keep up with the rest of our much faster subordinates, we had to strap the tank to the top of a rail car and be pushed down the track. We were picking up speed like crazy, but there were boxcars in our way. To survive, we had to shoot the switches for the tracks to dodge all the railcars until we slowed down from firing our gun a whole lot. It really reminded me of Starfox 64.
>>
>>1088141
>>1088159
I don't think a GuP Quest would be a good next quest for him until he's capable of making opponents tricky, powerful, smart, coordinated... competent. You know, capable of giving some challenge, or sport, to the sport matches.
>>
>>1104725
>they don't have the threat of death, maiming or capture that a war setting would.
Get me Takotsuboya on the phone and tell him to run a GuP Quest.
>>
I am giving this quest thing a try here >>1105476

Victorian era adventure following Timothy Burns on his adventures together with Major Tom Higgins and his right hand man Aryan Singh.
>>
Starcaller Quest is running! We're talking to a little robot named Paul.
>>1105764
>>1105764
>>1105764
>>
>>1105040
>STARFOX 64
Wait, starfox quest when?
Thread posts: 843
Thread images: 122

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.