[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

4chan needs /con/ - CONSPIRACY board Retarded mods on /x/ delete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: conspiracy.jpg (102KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
conspiracy.jpg
102KB, 750x563px
4chan needs /con/ - CONSPIRACY board

Retarded mods on /x/ delete anything related to illuminati/freemason/government conspiracies.

/pol/tards are too hell-bent on being racist

4CHAN NEEDS A TRUE CONSPIRACY BOARD. Something that can compete with GLP, Lunatic Outpost, ATS, and David Icke's forum.
>>
File: Möbius.jpg (55KB, 633x547px) Image search: [Google]
Möbius.jpg
55KB, 633x547px
>>412548
/pol/ here. Don't hold your breath. This gets requested a lot on /qa/ but it's got to be low on the list of admin/mod priorities. I agree though, and I think most on /pol/ and /x/ do as well, that the tinfoilfags are a special kind of cancer that doesn't ever go away and has been plaguing many boards for years now.

When they come to the site they always get sent to either /pol/ or /x/ and then those two boards continually refer them back to the other one.

Illuminati masonic pedophile satan cults and their global depopulation agenda are considered off topic on both /pol/ and /x/.
>>
>/con/
>not /tin/
baka desu senpai desu
>>
/x/ needs to be segregated beyond that.

>/x/ - supernatural happenings, creepypastas, greentexts, spoopy videos and pictures, ARGs
>/tin/ - conspiracy theories, aliums
>/mag/ - magic, divination/tarot, succubus summoning, other esoteric stuff
>/re/ - religion, philosophy, spirituality, possibly /phi/ - philosophy as a separate board

2ch.hk has it work this way so 4chan has no excuse, /x/ is crowded with roleplaying and tinfoils as it is
>>
>>412548
see
>>409404
>>409508
>>410211
>>410748
The need for a conspiracy board gets lost in all the other requests and demands and need for other topics to be made into boards.
>>
>>412548
>mods on /x/ delete anything related to illuminati/freemason/government conspiracies

Because they're low quality and we don't want you there so we keep reporting them. It's a GOOD thing that mods are actually deleting this shit. Go fuck yourself. You and the occultfags can go to reddit for your teenaged YT tier bullshit. Fuck off.
>>
>>412670
Mod team and admins don't listen or look at /qa/, repeatedly voice important specific concerns on the feedback page, it's the only possible outlet. The more people like you who bring up the fact that /x/ is swamped in low quality content, the more likely it is they'll actually do something. They will NEVER listen to a single voice. Meanwhile, consistently report shitty threads and tell shitty OPs and posters to fuck off. Direct all "not paranormal" morons to the rules page.
>>
>>413102
Good goy
>>
>>413138
Case in point

Fuck off of /x/, cancer
>>
>>412670
>>/re/ - religion, philosophy, spirituality, possibly /phi/ - philosophy as a separate board
You literally have /his/ for that.
>>
>>413140
No, /his/ is for objective discussion about history and the humanities, the type of shit in /x/ that that poster is wanting to move out are the occult and spirituality posts. People /his/ would complain about just the same.
>>
>>412548
X files theme on loop is my only condition
>>
>more niche boards
Back to reddit you gay nigger
>>
>>413140
You might as well post religion/philosophy threads on /sci/ for how relevant they are to /his/.

>>413139
Don't think they are welcome on /pol/ just because some of them spout antisemitism. We'll just send them back to >>>/x/ when they start talking about Satan, Stanley Kubrick, and the Rothschilds.
>>
>>413163
The point of this thread is that they aren't just a niche, it's a sizable enough population for a containment board and the topics they bring up are currently off topic on every other board.
>>
>>413170
I never said shit about /pol/. We don't want them to stay on the site at all. Tell them to fuck off, don't direct them to other boards.
>>
>>413175
Tinfoils belong on /x/ sorry
>>
>>413179
Tinfoils are half of what killed /x/. Don't talk about a board you know nothing about.
>>
>>413180
Idk maybe be harsher with some of them? I'm getting sick of shitty containment boards, they're wastes of space.
>>
>>413179
/x/ doesn't want them and neither does /pol/

I suggest we send them to /r/conspiracy when they show up.
>>
>>413183
I don't want a containment board either. /x/ was able to thrive allowing creepy, conspiracy, weird, and occult threads back in 2007 because the population wasn't a bunch of stupid underaged fucks. Now, the oldfags have left because they lost the motivation to fight after countless /b/ raids and tripfags invading back in 2011 or so. Thing about /x/ is that it has one single rule (creepy). This didn't matter back in 2007 because we all knew what was appropriate and weren't fucking stupid. The mods don't care about /x/ anymore and won't help it adapt so we can attract the oldfags from other boards back to the site. They won't create a new sticky that tells users what's allowed, they won't create rules that allow for specific points to moderate against, they delete good threads randomly, and they allow for the underaged occult and conspiracy posters to stay on the board. I report and attempt to self moderate every day, but one person is not going to do anything, and the mod team don't want the users to self moderate. The /a/ moderation does, but on other boards, they actively purge any attempts at improvement. Only solution is for every person on /x/ who is sick and tired of this shit to act consistently.
>>
>>413192
And you know, now that I think about it, the only solution is probably just to ban certain things for /x/ and make it a purely creepy and weird board. Too bad the moderation won't do that.
>>
>>413192
>>413198
You can change the /x/ sticky all you like but that isn't going to stop /pol/ from referring tinfoifags to >>>/x/ because their magic illuminati satan cult topics don't have anything to do with /pol/.

What you guys are proposing isn't going to solve anything without also changing the /pol/ sticky.
>>
>>413204
The /pol/ sticky doesn't mention /x/ at all. It's general "stop being off topic". If they have nothing to do with /pol/, tell them to fuck off. You're perpetuating their stay on this site by directing them to /x/, and we don't want them either. Nothing about the /pol/ sticky is going to change /pol/ posters' reactions. /x/ with a sticky sets actual standards so the mods don't have an excuse to just let anything stay. Then with /x/ again defined as a creepy board, those on other board who are into that would come in, and more people would be able to self-moderate against stupid shit. Mods and janitors need to delete stupid shit from both boards. Nothing with /pol/ is going to affect this. Even with redirection to /x/, it's all on the moderation team. Stopping directing these idiots to other boards would certainly ease the process though.
>>
File: 4chanrules.png (41KB, 634x110px) Image search: [Google]
4chanrules.png
41KB, 634x110px
>>413209
How do you explain >>>/biz/rules/2 ?
>>
>>413220
That's not a /pol/ sticky. The only reason posters are making that relate to /pol/ is because it says /pol/. That rule is about /biz/ and serves to moderate undesirable content from /biz/ into ostensibly relevant boards. That being said, it is stupid and needs to change to "conspiracy theories are not allowed".
>>
>>413228
>The only reason posters are making that relate to /pol/ is because it says /pol/.
Genius!
>>
>>413351
Don't act like you don't know what was meant, smartass.
>>
Might as well send the tinfoilfags to >>>/news/ as long as they have sources.

They need the traffic and the skeptical contrarians there will nitpick the tinfoil theories to death.
>>
>>413176
If that worked then they would have left after all the blood moon 'Shemitah' shit last year
>>
Yeah, maybe. On /x/ conspiracy threads often venture into /pol/ territory, on /pol/ it usually turns into /x/.
>>
>>412548
Frequent /x/ user here.

The ONLY time I see 'conspiracy' material get deleted is when it's:
>not creepy in the slightest
>has no supernatural component
>is being spammed like crazy
>the inhabitants ignore every shred of refutation offered

>>412670
That's rather goofy and would fracture /x/ so hard that the board would slow to a crawl. Also, /his/ is technically the religion board, but occultism gets banned there.

>>413102
^This guy is doing nobody any favors. There are high quality and low quality conspiracy posts. There are high quality and low quality occultism posts. I dunno what sort of rose tinted glasses these cats are wearing but I've talked about Lemegeton on /x/ within a couple months of its inception.

>>413140
>>413143
Yeah, /his/ would complain, HARD, because I've seen it with my own two eyes. Any non-mainstream religion gets directed back to /x/.

>>413192
^This guy hits more relevant points than most others; it's not a matter of the topics in and of themselves, but the quality of the specific discourse being brought to the table. "How do I summinz suckbutt" is infinitely lower quality than the guys posting the library with academic texts.

>>413709
I think it would only take ONE thing to solve 9/10th of what ppl ITT are bitching about:
>report spam
That's it. Every time I reported Shemitah spam, it got deleted in a pretty timely manner. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person hitting the report button on that fucking board.
>>
>>413220

>conspiracy theories belong in /x/

The mod has deleted 4 of my post so far related to...

1. Voodoo dance rituals by black people. Understanding why black people dance the way they do and if they're possessed by spirits.

2. UN logo conspiracy, related to the UN logo and how california and florida look as if they've been engulfed by water.

3. Freemason/Illuminati conspiracy thread.

4. A man who could make rain appear around him.

Obviously the mod on there is a piece of shit.
>>
>>414238
Or, low quality conspiracy threads are being reported and mods are responding accordingly. Take it elsewhere. Only one that shouldn't have been deleted was number 1.
>>
File: 1452727315620.jpg (45KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1452727315620.jpg
45KB, 500x336px
>>414254
>the only one that shouldn't have been deleted was number 1
Wonder why he didn't link it....

http://archive.4plebs.org/x/thread/17199414/#17199414

>such quality
>much topical
>very contributing
>>
>>414254
>Take it elsewhere.
As long as "elsewhere" is not /pol/ I'm okay with this.
>>
bump because this is desperately needed
>>
>>412548
blazeitchan has /tinfoil/
>>
>>415433
I didn't know that, it's good to know. I'll start telling tinfoilfags to go there when I see them on /pol/, not that it will help. inb4 they call me NSA.
>>
File: aaaaaaaaaahhhahahawut.jpg (213KB, 990x743px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaaaaahhhahahawut.jpg
213KB, 990x743px
Ok, other than the tinfoiler's being stupid and "underage", can anyone explain to me how it is that threads about various conspiracies are ruining /x/? Truly. Help me understand.

I get that it's supposed to be (and used to be) only scary creepy stuff, I do. But if you want that stuff on /x/ (and the old fags who were into that stuff back), why not put your effort into making quality - really scary, new content - type threads?

IMO, /x/ isn't shitty for the conspiracy threads, it's shitty for lack of quality creepy stuff. And, I really believe /x/ has room for both, including ayy lmaos. Aliens are often scary, right? And the idea that the government is hiding something about aliens from us (yeah, I don't believe that myself, but) - that idea itself, Area 51 stuff, is scary, right?

/x/ doesn't have a TON of traffic. It's not the fastest of the boards. Instead of making new boards, attempting to get (tinfoil) users off the site, and endless in-fighting about what kind of threads should be where (which is often the worst part of the conspiracy threads I've seen, frankly)

Like ayy lmaos, satanic cults and mind programming and new world order stuff IS creepy/weird/eerie/unusual. A lot of people would say ghost hunting is as ridiculous as the idea of Beyonce being a slave of the illuminati, influencing minds with her videos. And a lot of people would say both are scary subjects.

Is anyone with me on this? You guys that are self-modding /x/ and reporting conspiracy threads, and asking for a new sticky and what-not? Couldn't you allow room for the alternative stuff in /x/ while strengthening the paranormal aspect of the board by creating more threads as you see fit for the topic?

I'd love to see a new sticky/rules/faq for /x/ that would allow for what I've proposed here - one that included anyone being out-right racist (da joos did it!) should be reported and banned.
FWIW, many of the conspiracy related threads I've read on /x/, I haven't seen any real antisemitism.
>>
>>416819
>Instead of making new boards, attempting to get (tinfoil) users off the site, and endless in-fighting about what kind of threads should be where (which is often the worst part of the conspiracy threads I've seen, frankly)

sorry for the incomplete sentence there. Lost where I was going with that. But you guys get what I'm saying/suggesting, right?

I don't mean to piss anyone off. I'm not upset easily and just roll with it on /x/ (and many other boards). I read the threads that I'm interested in, and ignore the ones I'm not. But I do care enough about this site and the boards I like to be here in /qa/. I want to make /x/ better. I just think happier x-philes would certainly do that. And I don't we all have to agree completely about what paranormal or scary stuff we like best to make it happen.
>>
>>416819
>>416829
But it wasn't for 'creepy only' as of like a couple weeks into its formation. The folks saying that various things like conspiracies or the occult weren't allowed on 'old /x/' are full of horseshit or wearing rose colored glasses or just didn't pay attention to the stuff because it didn't interest them and they were able to ignore it better. Another part of the issue here is the subjectivity of 'creepy'. It's just as difficult to wrangle as a board for 'happy' or 'sad' or 'angry'. This is why it's so often called "/b/ with ghosts" aside from the raids. The topic of 'creepy' is ENTIRELY subjective. What creeps you out might seem dumb to another. What's dumb to you will creep out another.

Finally, the whole 'creepy' thing kind of went out the window when the off topic ban text started to read "not creepy OR PARANORMAL"...I asked mods back on old /q/ to update the rules page to reflect what they hand out bans for, so there's a distinction between creepy and paranormal, and that both are acknowledged to have a place on the board.

God, what else...

I report things. A lot. And rarely if ever a conspiracy thread unless it's just borderline schizophrenic or obvious /pol/ bait. I also go really out of my way to make informative OPs and compile info for the board in general.

I've tried no less than ten times to get folks to help me actually HUNT for new material to replace the broken sticky links, but nobody but me wants to put in the legwork...I'm almost done with new sticky material, all that's left is finding new UFO material, but nobody wants to link me to their favorite or most compelling vids, let alone direct replacements for what was in the sticky...I'm a UFO buff too, but part of the issue is UFO channels rarely stay open in the long term.
I agree, /x/ isn't shitty because of one particular group of posters, it's shitty because people don't care enough to make decent quality posts.
>>
>>417046
THANK YOU. I'm so glad to hear another /x/phile feels this way. I thought I was going crazy.

How can I help with the sticky? If you only need UFO stuff, I really can't help there. But is there a place online where you're compiling stuff, like pastebin?

I would definitely like to use (the idea of) what we've written here as far as the guidelines of what topics are OK on /x/... Is that entirely up for mods to handle though?

thanks again!
>>
>>416819
Because there are no intelligent conspiracy threads. Period. /x/ is populated by the underaged, and they make up 99% of all "conspiracy" threads, which are always stupid "illuminati symbols" bullshit.

>>417046
>The folks saying that various things like conspiracies or the occult weren't allowed on 'old /x/' are full of horseshit

Nobody's saying this. Both are outdated with regards to /x/'s shitty current population of underaged mental cases, which is why we want them out or for a way to chase out the stupidity, which isn't going to happen when 95% of the fucking board IS the stupidity. I stopped regularly going to /x/ when every thread I clicked on had some retard either saying something was "not paranormal", posting truly tinfoil bs, or literally posting like a teenager discovering /b/.
>>
>>417046
I will defend to the death that we don't need a sticky full of links, and instead just need a clarification of rules in regards to specific problems. Nobody ever really used the sticky, and honestly, I think it's partially to blame for a lack of good content. I think people stopped posting because of the sticky basically saying, stop posting old links, here's a million links. There's no true discussion to be had about specifics.
>>
>>417711
I'm intelligent, if I may say so myself, and I am a skeptic and don't believe in (m)any conspiracies. The conspiracy threads that piss me off are the ones that think Sandy Hook was a hoax, but that's just me. I don't go into the threads and point out the posters un-intelligence.

The worst part of every thread is someone posting "NOT PARANORMAL" and "go back to pol/go back to reddit".

It's good you stopped going to /x/ if you hated the threads and thought so much of the board was underage and stupid. Though I'm not sure how long ago you meant you stopped, if you feel this strongly about the "current" population.

But if you want to come back, or care about improving /x/, make OC threads on topics you are interested in, and let the conspiracy threads be. I browse through them (as opposed to tulpa, or magick/divination threads, which I never bother opening). They may be "stupid tinfoil bullshit" to you, but they're not ruining /x/. And trying to chase anonymous users off of /x/ because they don't post intelligently, or because they don't post stuff that you think is creepy, will not work.

as of right now, /x/ has a pretty big variety of threads going: nope thread, innawoods, spooky disney shit (we had two great Disney threads recently - still in the archive - with castmember annons telling fucked up stories they knew from working there);
there's a sleep paralysis experiences thread, spooky stuff in Washington state, spooky stuff in Utah;
there's one I was in earlier that's not too bad about a girl in Brazil who was found hung, but it looks like a murder, and a note on the scene is written in Latin and references some Goetic demon, it's on page 2.
One thread says "OC" right in the title.
One or two threads about outerspace happenings like that new planet they found near Pluto. One on a couple unsolved mysteries.
That's just some. Maybe better ones of the bunch, but you can't deny there's a variety.
>>
>>412670
All of these fall neatly under the aegis of "Crazy or gullible people", and /x/ works as for that.
>>
>>417955
Says everyone who doesn't know about /x/'s history. You go to any applicable board and start a creepy thread relevant to the board's topic and I guarantee you'll get it to bump limit. Creepy threads have always been loved on this site and /x/ was not always considered a hub for the mentally ill.
>>
>>417958
Creepy threads are still loved on /x/, as well. The better (more researched, well thought out, and content-ready to start off) an OP post is, the better the thread will go (no matter the presence of underage/new/tinfoils). (there is a regular anon (might be a trip iirc, who, maybe every month, maybe every other month, comes in with unsolved/mystery disappearances, and it's always a great discussion.
Why don't you make some new threads on the topics you wish to see more of. Maybe, as you say, a creepy thread relevant to another board's topic, but started on /x/ instead of that board. Historical paranormal images, historical ghosts.

I'll gladly help you by bumping your thread, adding to the discussion and by directing any shitposters in a way as to not maintain the perpetual infighting that can ruin otherwise great /x/ threads.

I honestly think you're so focused on wanting zero conspiracy threads (and the traffic you've seen in relation to them) gone that you're maybe missing out on ways to improve things despite not getting your way completely.

I honestly don't want to offend you, and I hope I haven't. We disagree a bit about what the issues are, but more so on how we might go about fixing them. Unless an /x/ mod is willing to talk to us, act on our feedback, make changes, and/or clarify the content/posting rules - or hiro starts creating new boards and changing old ones, I don't see much else we can do.

I'm the same anon who said this (>>416829), and I mean it.
>I don't mean to piss anyone off. I'm not upset easily and just roll with it on /x/ (and many other boards). I read the threads that I'm interested in, and ignore the ones I'm not. But I do care enough about this site and the boards I like to be here in /qa/. I want to make /x/ better. I just think happier x-philes would certainly do that. And I don't we all have to agree completely about what paranormal or scary stuff we like best to make (that) happen.
>>
>>418002
sorry for the poor wording in places. My comment got too long, and, well...

I meant to give more ideas of other creepy threads that could be made on the subject of other board topics.

just let me know if you have any questions. like I said, I'll gladly help however I can.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.