[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/metav/ Discussion - 我々わ新しボード要るますよ!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 202
Thread images: 11

File: forward slash meta v.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
forward slash meta v.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
From previous thread discussion: >>396591

We are having a dialogue about what could help fix the longrun problem that is /v/. We believe a radical solution to it would be creating a new /metav/ board to contain the following type of threads:

>Threads about reviews
>Threads about developers, voice actors, artists, programmers, etc.
>Threads that throwback features from games (A.K.A ">X game Y Thing happens" threads
>Video game humor threads
>Console wars and news about new video game markets
>Waifu threads
>News about not yet released games
>News about not yet released consoles
>Threads about Speedrunners, streamers, etc.
And last but not least
>General recommendation threads ("what game is better for X or Y)

While some want the boards, other would just wish for the moderation to be better. /v/ could need to be babysitted instead of being split to crack down on the shitposting, but we feel the mods themselves feel their decition is nebulous regarding what to delete or not delete and quickly give up any energy or disposition they had to beggin with. Mods are people too and due to this it would seem asking for better moderation would only be a temporal solution if we don't have properly defined what userbase are they moderating for. The main purpose of /metav/ is not creating a reward for "shitposters", it's to create a purely video game related board as a result: /v/ without Video game culture discussion.

With that in mind (and having added it to the long list of Feedback requests in 4chan.org/Feedback) /metav/ thread is a go.
>>
File: shit.gif (31KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
shit.gif
31KB, 320x320px
>>408006
Hello Shit thread
>>
>>408010
Hello /a/ poster. Welcome!
>>
>>408012
I'm not a weaboo but kill yourself!
>>
>>408006
I really wish sage was still a thing.
>>
>>408016

But it is?
>>
>>408018
No it's not you spit drooping retard
>>
>>408021

Sure it is. In fact I'm making use of it right now.
>>
>>408006
>The main purpose of /metav/ is not creating a reward for "shitposters"
Sounds like that's all your doing m8. Meta discussion in almost every form is cancerous and stupid as hell and is never good. The only people who want to meta discuss constantly on /v/ is shitposters. Your idea is stupid and you're stupid. Kill youreself

Almost everything you listed as well deserves bannings, not their own little space, lurk moar
>>
>>408016
You mean visible sage.
>>408027
>Your idea is stupid and you're stupid. Kill youreself
Very well constructed argumet. Very classy too
>Almost everything you listed as well deserves bannings, not their own little space, lurk moar
Yeah. That's why I mentioned that some want moderation. However, I have also explained why I have my doubts about relying on just moderation. What do you think about that?
>>
>>408041
Because your a stupid nigger who just doesn't like the mods so you think you can fix things without them. Spoiler. You fucking can't, you only make things worse. Everyone knows exactly who they are moderating for and what /v/ is for. 4chan is a site made for Japanese shit, and /v/ is for people with that hobby to talk about video games. It's fucking simple. Everything that isn't video games gets banned and the stupid newfags who are against site culture go. Video game culture and meta discussion go as well, because meta shit is banned on all boards and /v/ is the only exception to that. It shouldn't be allowed at all, except on exceptions

There is nothing wrong with the mods. Nothing has changed with how modding is done on the site since forever. The only thing that has really changed is they do it less
>>
>meta anything
kill yourself, /v/ doesn't need to be split it needs to be moderated.
/vg/ should not even exist, it just reinforces generals on other boards and making thinly veiled generals on /v/.
generals are cancer, this thread is cancer, moderate vee or delete it.
>>
>>408006
>We ex-8gaggers
>>
>>408101
Pretty much.
>migrate from /v/ to 8gag to discuss meta garbage
>8gag goes to shit
>crawl back to /v/
>want 8gag board on 4chan
>>
>>408006
Kill yourself
>>
>>408006
>我々わ新しボード要るますよ
Did you seriously use google translate for this?
>>
Literally just post on /b/
>>
>>408101
woah there, who said anything about 8ch?
>>
>>408045
>Because your a stup
Ok, 'your' a bit a upset now, I'll come back later to you when you calm down.
>>
>All these replies

Is everyone drunk in this thread? Do they not get what /metav/ is for from just reading the OP? Everyone is acting like they wanted the new board to post in it.
>>
Well, mods are doing something. I'm constantly IP range banned with one of the biggest ISPs in germany which means that probably one of the biggest shitposters uses the same one as me.
>>
>>408433
In that case, I just hope that fucker is still banned.
>>
>>408435
I can tell you that I am, not sure about him. I was unbanned for whooping 3 hours today before my IP range got banned again from posting on /v/.
>>
File: [disgusted sigh].jpg (30KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
[disgusted sigh].jpg
30KB, 500x359px
>>408438
Can you imagine how fucking obnoxious it would be he just switched his ISP and is still shitposting at large while you're range banned for doing nothing?
>>
>>408439
I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did. It's not like there's less offtopic garbage on /v/ all of a sudden.
>>
>>408079
/vg/ was a fucking mistake. moot did it because generals were clogging up /v/ all the time and he wanted them off the board. But now looking back at it, most of these generals on /vg/ are massive circlejerks.

The problem with moderation is that Hiro isn't doing enough to try and hire more mods. We need more mods for the site, and better ones to. No more global mods. That feature has got to go
>>
>>407913
>This one is fucking cute and funny. You really don't understand the fucking lengths people go to fucking troll do you? It's very fucking possible and very fucking likely
You seriously continue to live in denial and its fucking sad you wont' wake up and realize how bad things are on here. You seem to think the mods are doing a decent job, but you know damn well a lot of shit has happened on here. You seem to ignore the /d/ and /aco/ fiasco for one.
>>
>>408006
I doubt /metav/ would ever happen. Many people believe it'll just be an /r9k/ 2.0 but with video games. That is a legit complaint because you know the shitposters will just use both boards and not migrate to one board. It won't happen. What could be so much easier is if Hiro actively went out and looked for moderators on here. Start hiring more mods and make them board specific. Global Moderation was a mistake and it always was a giant mistake, but that's because moot made the site grow too big and didn't bother hiring new mods at some points because he didn't care for 4chan anymore.
>>
I'm starting to think the mods don't want change. They don't want to do a better job moderating the site at all. In their minds they hate the users so fucking badly they are willing to shitpost threads up because of that. They don't realize that we hate them because of not only the IRC leaks, but because of how they ruined certain boards and have shown favoritism towards other boards.

They don't know how badly they ruined /tv/ and /v/, and its like they don't care. We need Hiro to step it up for once. Tell them to do their fucking jobs and listen to him. Sadly with him confined to a phone, nothing will get done in the mean time. Seriously what happened with his PC?
>>
>>408462
>>407913
Then again it is obvious you ARE a mod
>>
I'm starting to think maybe /qa/ needs to go. It was fine before, but now that the underage faggots and the Redditors found this place they're trying to shit it up to prevent real talk from happening
>>
>>408502
This board has been a joke for a long time now
>>
>>408505
We can't complain anywhere else though or else the mods will ban use and use Global Rule #3 as an excuse. That's the fucking problem going on. Hiro has no email we can use to contact him with. All he has is his twitter, and god knows how many times people have begged him to come on here and look at the serious issues plaguing boards
>>
>>408507
There are very few legitimate problems with this site. The things that people complain about on this board are mostly personal quibbles that they can't just shut the fuck up about.
>>
CONSOLE GAMES ARE DEAD
CONSOLE GAMES ARE DEAD
CONSOLE GAMES ARE DEAD
CONSOLE
CONSOLE
CONSOLE GAMES ARE DEAD
>>
>>408512
Oh like corrupt moderation that don't do their fucking jobs and ruin boards like /d/ and /v/? Shitposting run rampant and nothing be done to stop it? If you think there are very few problems with this site you are either a fucking moderator living in denial or you're just a faggot from Reddit who thinks this site is just for shitposting while Reddit is for serious discussion
>>
>>408516
FORWARD SLASH
FORWARD SLASH VEE
FORWARD SLASH
FORWARD SLASH VEE
>>
If Hiro had a fucking e-mail all of this would be so much easier. He has a twitter here @hiroyuki_ni but even then he's not checking this place out or at least addressing the major issues
>>
I'm starting to think this is hopeless. Until Hiro gets a new computer or until he gets his ass back on here, nothing is going to get done.

The mods don't want to listen to us, and its clear they fucking hate the user base and /qa/, considering swaglord likes to raid this place and the mods love to shitpost here
>>
nope
>>
>>408786
>and its clear they fucking hate the user base and /qa/
Can you prove either these without leaning on what is mostly like troll irc leaks?

Also, fucking anyone with half a brain hates /qa/. We don't need another fucking /q/, it was horrible and a horrible idea.
>>
>>408795
/qa/ is the only place to talk about legitimate problems because you will be banned on all the others boards for even complaining about how things are run

>troll irc leaks?
This again. Yeah you're defiantly a mod
>>
>>408804
Anon, if I was a mod, I wouldn't be replying to you. I'd be banning you. You are just evoking boogieman shit because you don't like the idea of someone disagreeing with you or the idea that somehow moot or the mods aren't big evil nazis

You see, there is the problem. This isn't a whine board to make change, it's a fucking meta board. On top of that, it's a hidden meta board used by a incredibly small minority of the userbase and the majority of the people who post here are stupid retard newfags who have no knowledge of the site and just want to shitpost and change the site in their image. This is the fucking last place people should be discussing how to help the site. In actual fact, if the board wasn't fucking here, Hiro most likely would be actually doing more as he wouldn't be interacting with a bunch of idiots, and rather the actual boards of the site. Meta discussion is stupid and cancerous as hell, which is why its banned on all boards. There is no reason to discuss how to fix the site, that shit can come naturally with other discussion. Discussion on how to fix the site would already be going on actual boards, if people didn't keep constantly fucking bringing hiro back to this fucking board

4chan isn't a democracy, it's a dictatorship and it's perfect like that
>>
>>408463
>That is a legit complaint because you know the shitposters will just use both boards and not migrate to one board.
Except that's the thing. The new board would help define the userbase. With that definition in mind, the mods could do their job easier by having a clear mindset on what to ban or not.
>>
>>408811
Everything is fine because I'm fine
Ok, cool.
>>
>>408786
It will take time, don't worry. /his/ took about 2 months.
>>
>>408826
>The new board would help define the userbase
What does that even mean? If you are defining what goes on the new board, you ban it instead of giving it its own board. It's fucking simple. The mods already have a clear mind what to do and what the rules are
>>
>>408833
>The mods already have a clear mind what to do and what the rules are
Then, according to you, what's keeping them from doing it? Us telling them? Hiro telling them?
>>
>>408835
Mods are too fucking lazy to do anything
>>
>>408844
Mods have faith in us that we will work it out.
>>
>>408811
You seem to forget time and time again we can't talk about board problems on other boards because the mods WILL BAN YOU!

They don't want anyone disagreeing with them at all. Maybe if we had mods who did their job and stopped acting like swaglord maybe we wouldn't hate them so much
>>
>>408845
Just like I have faith the mods will clean up /tv/
>>
>>408835
Because they don't like /v/'s fucking userbase so they don't bother to do so. In addition, doing so will only cause another shitfest backlash, because /v/ majority are stupid newfags who don't like any of the rules being enforced. The result of that is most of the mods will either get removed or told to decrease the overall amount of moderation because of screaming idiots, and hiro being a stupid newfag he is, will listen to the stupid screaming newfags. There is more than one side to a story. You are just blaming the mods for everything because you don't want to think there is any other reason for shit. A few of the mods are faggots that need to go, but the rest are fine. It's also fucking obvious that he has told the mods to do their job less, since when he got into power, the amount of modding decreased heavily and he stated he's not really into bannings
>>
>>408844
Mods also need people using the report feature. If we create an elitist /v/ I guarantee there would be more anons using the function. Again, you all give shitposters too much credit. I know your threads might have been run over by shitposting sometime, I know, it sucks, but shitposters are not this insistant. They get bored quickly when they can't get away with what they want.
>>408851
>Because they don't like /v/'s fucking userbase so they don't bother to do so
Yes, that's what I said. We need to sort the true /v/irgins from those who are on it as a trend.
>>
>>408851
Who cares what they think? They aren't in any position to say I don't like this board so I won't properly moderate it. Hiro has to know by now how bad the shitposting has gotten.
>>
>>408854
>>408854
So then somehow magically make all the shitposting move to /metav/? It's not gonna work. They'll use both boards to shitpost
>>
>>408851
And actually when Hiro did take over, the mods went ahead and ruined /d/, ruined /m/, ruined /tg/ again, ruined /tv/, have invaded other boards with their own personal army to shitpost the place up. No the mods didn't lose power, they just went insane and now think they can do whatever they want and bam whoever they disagree with
>>
>>408860
A smaller percentage would. And that percentage would be easier to deal with. They would feel out of place, and they would be, so they would stick out as a sore thumb in the new /v/
>>
>>408864
It would not work. They'll adapt and try and shitpost in a sneakier way.
>>
>>408864
Holy shit you are so naive
>>
>>408854
People do use the report feature. And what happens? Not a damn thing because the shitposting thread is still up
>>
>>408859
No, no, they ARE in the position to do that, you stupid newfag. It's been the same since day fucking one. The mods aren't required to do anything except fucking delete illegal content. 4chan isn't some stupid fucking traditional forum. The mods are free to go at what they want and mod the boards they please. The users are freely allowed to bitch all they want as well, and the mods can shut them up as well. You don't have any fucking rights here, only privileges. If you want to fucking bitch about shit, at least have some fucking basic knowledge of the site. The mods = fags always and always will be

There is no such thing as mod abuse on 4chan, only mods doing things the users don't like. The users are free to throw dissent at those decisions and the mods are free to shut down that dissent. The only ruling and deciding power is the admin and the mods are there to enforce the admin decisions and are free to do as they please. There has never been any problem with the system because it gives no one actual fucking power, except a single person. The users, by technicality, have more power than the mods because there is more of them
>>
>>408864
>a small percentage would only use both boards
Holy shit, you are real fucking naive and new
>>
>>408870
Pretty much this. The users make 4chan, not the mods.
>>
Meta video game discussion is 90% stupidity. Make a board for it, and you'll make a dedicated home for stupidity of that sort. Because it is still video game related, those same people will always go back to /v/, still carrying their garbage with them.

Never reward misbehaving children.
>>
As much as /v/ needs it, any moderation crackdown will lead to hotpocket spam.
>>
>>408903
Who the fuck cares about 8gaggers
>>
>>408867
Nah, you're just paranoid
>>
>>408896
>Because it is still video game related, those same people will always go back to /v/, still carrying their garbage with them.

Realistically, how do you see any of that garbage being brought upon in a video games only board? ( Without looking like obvious bait, that is.)
>>
>>408917
I don't think those kinds of discussions can be reasonable until the video game playing userbase on 4chan improves.

How do we improve the userbase? Well...how do you teach a child what is and is not right? You reward them when they are good, and punish them when they misbehave. We know how to punish them (bans), but how would they be rewarded? I'm not quite sure myself, but perhaps if mods openly posted in the threads that are good and on-topic? You give the child positive attention when they do something good. But this can only happen if the mods become more active on /v/. Bringing me back to what I said last thread: board specific mods. People in a high position of power, that are invested in the boards they moderate, communicating with the userbase in the on-topic threads to encourage on-topic posting. They would not respond to threads that would be better on another board; they would only ban the people that make or post in them.

/v/ is probably the youngest board in terms of userbase, so it would be wise to treat them in the ways they need to be. Never reward misbehaving children, and give them positive attention when they do something good.

The userbase and the mods need to change, but the mods are the adults here. They have to be the ones to move first, because outside of a relatively small percentage, the userbase is too immature to know what's right on their own and do it at the same time. (This last part applies to most boards. Yes, this includes /a/.)
>>
We don't need a new board, what /v/ needs is competent mods and people on /v/ to adapt the mentality of /a/.
>>
>>409000
Not everyone on here is underage you know that right? Its mostly people on /v/ that shitpost that are.

But if we did have board specific mods who actually cared about their board things would be different. But dickfaces like >>408870
will put their fingers in their ears and drown you out. The problem is, the mods don't want to talk to the users because they fucking hate us for not worshipping and obeying them like in the old days.
>>
File: Metabee2em3_897.png (319KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
Metabee2em3_897.png
319KB, 428x600px
I like the name
>>
>>409177
Oh I know that not everyone is underaged. But if someone acts underaged, then they shouldn't be surprised if they're accused of being underaged. If the most of the userbase consistently acts underaged, then they may as well be underaged. The mods are the only ones that hold any power, so they are the adults here. The questions is if the mods are good parents or not. We already know there aren't enough of them to properly handle such a large usebase.

I don't think the mods hate us for not worshiping them. I think they hate most of us because many of us act like selfish, retarded, assholes about everything. There are quiet a few genuinely stupid people on 4chan. And seeing all that for years and years will get to you once in a while. You grow tired of the same retarded nonsense, and you just want things to quiet down for once. After dealing with trash for so long, the mods just want to take it easy. And to do that, they can't be on the ball 24/7. There needs to be more mods to lessen the workload on the current moderation team. And I think board specific mods are the way to start on the path to making 4chan better.
>>
>>409000
Modposting is disruptive
>>
>>409242
Not so much if it became a regular thing in non-shitpost threads.
>>
>>409244
I don't want that. This isn't a normal forum or even something like SA.
>>
>>409253
>I don't want that.
There isn't much I can say when it's something that simple and subjective.
>>
>>409000
>I don't think those kinds of discussions can be reasonable until the video game playing userbase on 4chan improves.
How would you change the mentality of the board with just wishing it?
>You give the child positive attention when they do something good
>how do you teach a child what is and is not right?
>/v/ is probably the youngest board in terms of userbase
Oh boy...

Ok, first of all, I get that you're trying to make a point on how /v/ user base act like children but I think you should have read just how condecending your post was. Anyway, let's use your "children" analogy. Suppose there's an evner and you have a table mixed with adults and children. The children will be children, they can't help it. So they'll act acordingly. Suppose they open a new table and send the kids into that other tables, leaving the adults in peace. You wouldn't be "punishing" or "prizing" anyone, you would just sort everyone with their own. And I get it, this is 4chan, it doesn't need a place for everyone, part of its gimmick is how things just work themselves out, but we are not asking for a board for every little thing, we are just asking for this one board to help aliviate the situation of /v/.
>>
>>409347
>Suppose they open a new table and send the kids into that other tables, leaving the adults in peace
Literally nothing will stop them from going back and forth between the kid's and the adult's tables. Both tables will be a mess because many people will still use both. You're trying to make a place that can, and will, cultivate cancer.
>>
>>409217
Uhh...what's with the name?
>>
>>409358
>Literally nothing will stop them from going back and forth between the kid's and the adult's tables
Uhm, these are kids. Are you intimidated by kids? I think you're one of those adults who actually get offended by kid childish banter. If these "children" came back to the original table they would be easily zoned out. What, you think they could just come back if they use a trenchcoat and get on each other's shoulders?

See why comparing them to children doesn't exactly works?
>>
>>409211
This should be the next thread's OP picture.
>>
>>409365
I honestly don't care if they're kids or not. I call them kids because they act like it. If you're 25 and act like a 16 year old on the internet, in an anonymous environment, and I don't know you in person, then I'm going to call you a kid.

Start with /v/-table. Poorly moderated. Generally stupid userbase that finds it very difficult to not shitpost. Some people on /v/ like to talk about meta video game topics. Now... these topics only make them upset and most of them can't discuss these meta video game topics in a logical manner. When these meta video game topics reach a boiling point, they attract more people to the website. It attracts an awful lot of people that probably shouldn't even be on 4chan because they're only here to fling shit at other people over almost nothing and to put more fuel on the fire. This attracts even more people that don't really want to be here.

Now you want to make a board for the very same people that want to cause massive shitstorms over nothing, that are only bad for the continued existence of 4chan. And to top it all off, you claim that the people that are interested in meta video game topics, wouldn't go to the regular video game board and spread their garbage there as well! Even if another GamerGate-like movement never happened, you're still giving pointless drama a home on 4chan. You're effectively asking for a /pol/ for video game related drama. They will never stay on their containment board.
>>
>>409406
That in there lies hte problem, they will always go back to /v/. You would need the moderators who actually like video games and care about /v/ to save it. You would need to make things more strict. By public bans again you'd be fixing a lot of things. That will give the hint to the shitposters. Again it all comes down to

1. The moderators being lazy asses, being global, and having agendas as seen in the IRC logs

2. The userbase of /v/ not using the broken report feature

I also don't believe /qa/ is going to work anymore. The shitposters have found this place thanks to swaglord and other mods trying to shut people up because they're mad we're calling them out on their bullshit. If anyone is acting like they're still 16 its the mods
>>
>>408870
So basically Mr. Moderator, who I can assume is either Troid, Redwood, Kittenmod, swaglord, or a butthurt janitor, that what you're doing is going "LALALALALA I DON'T HEAR YOU THE MODS ARE GREAT LALALALALA YOU'RE WRONG I'M RIGHT LALALALALA THE MODS ARE NOT ABUSING THEIR POWER DESPITE /d/, /v/, /tv/, /aco/, /m/, /vp/, AND /int/ BEING POORLY MODERATED SHITHOLES LALALALALALA FUCK YOU YOU'RE WRONG MODS ARE GREAT MODS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT"!

Your whole rant just exposed you. Why don't you come clean to us huh? Why don't you stop being a little bitch and admit your fuckups to everyone?
>>
>>409406
>When these meta video game topics reach a boiling point, they attract more people to the website
Not to exaclty burst your bubble but It's a little late for secret clubs. Granted, nobody wants other community's attitudes around here but if we really stop doing things because we fear Reddit is going to harsh our mwllow, we might just stop doing anything fun altogether.
>Now you want to make a board for the very same people that want to cause massive shitstorms over nothing, that are only bad for the continued existence of 4chan. And to top it all off, you claim that the people that are interested in meta video game topics, wouldn't go to the regular video game board and spread their garbage there as well!

Ok, how would they. All I'm hearing is this nebulous "This and that will happen" but I really don't see a realistic way something like that could go without being promptly finished. Suppose we have the /metav/ board, and some guys feel like they don't want to discuss video game drama anymore, what, you think they would fit in /v/ by making the same kind of threads they made on /metav/? Just imagine that, some twitter thread on something a developer said sticking out on a board where the majority of threads are dedicated to a game in particular. You don't think that could be easily targeted by the mods? How long do you think something like that would stick out before being taken out? Let me tell you something, the answer to that right now is a lot. Current /v/ has threads like that all the time, hell, it practically constitutes the majority of its threads. But if it were just a handful? What about that?
>>
File: jews please not today.png (50KB, 380x213px) Image search: [Google]
jews please not today.png
50KB, 380x213px
I get the feeling everyone is against the new board simply because they don't want a new board and are like saying the darndest things to make their stance look slightly less childish.
>>
>>409453
I was for /metav/, but now I don't know because it won't remove the shitposters at all. They'll just crossboard now. I hate to say it, but we need Hiro to set up and not only hire new mods, but increase moderation on /v/. moot's biggest mistake was that he thought only he could babysit /v/ and he didn't let anyone else moderate it save for him and one other mod.
>>
File: i'm not misbehaving.jpg (62KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
i'm not misbehaving.jpg
62KB, 480x480px
>>409461
>I was for /metav/, but now I don't know because it won't remove the shitposters at all. They'll just crossboard now.
See? This is what I meant. Everyone's making excuses because they fear they would look childish but just being honest and saying "Look, I'm a bit autistic and I just don't like things to change around my own safe embiroment, bear with me".
>>
>>409481
Then what do we do? /v/ cannot continue like this anymore. Its insanity that nothing is being done
>>
>>409448
Isn't that the whole point of the new board?

I came by to this thread just now, not too sure on what they are about but what I've read it would make sense to split the community to cultivate an elitist /v/ the mods would care about.
>>
>>409494
Because the issues would be this >>409461
>>
>>409572
>They'll crossboard
So? Is that what's scaring us?
>>
>>409577
Umm, yes and for good reasons. What makes you think they're gonna stay there? They'll just spread their cancer on there and keep using /v/.
>>
So, basically, OP wants YCS, but on 4chan. Because there's not enough shitposting boards already.
>>
Only way I cna see things getting better is if we somehow get better mods, or the current mods step up, and somehow I don't see that happening. They all fucking hate us and 4chan. All they want is more power.

That's why people are leaving this site. They know now how corrupt the mods are
>>
>>409177
>they fucking hate us for not worshipping and obeying them like in the old days.
That never happened. There was dick sucking, but overall, the mods were treated the exact same

>>409450
>state the truth
>FUKIN MOD!
Keep invoking your boogieman, 8gagger, you're no different to a fucking child. I haven't been defending the mod actions and have even admitting some need to go. I've simply stated the truth of the matter calling you a fucking immature retarded child. You never had rights to this site, only privileges. There is no such thing as mod abuse, because the global rules are set up to allow the mods to do as they please, on every board, not just /b/. You are just a upset 8gagger, who just didn't like moot, because you're a giant faggot who's only experience with moot is endgame.

I seriously doubt the mods actually fucking post here. They have no reason to and it is more effective to just ban the things they don't like. But, you are just a upset faggot, so I doubt simple logic will get to you and you'll keep acting like you own the fucking place. Retard
>>
>>409610
>They'll just spread their cancer on there and keep using /v/.
How are you so sure? You sound like someone who would false flag crossboarding just to prove me wrong. As it has been said before, the natural reactions to new boards is to claim the first posts and stablish culture. If 4chan is going to stop having ideas because crossboarding should happen then fuck it, nothing nice should happen since someone might ruin it, right?
>>
>>409617
OP wants an elitist /v/, and I can get behind that no matter what it costs.
>>
OP is a retard. The threads he listed should be on /v/ and actual discussion should move to another board. /v/ is dead and has been dead since the /v/ /vg/ split. It isn't gonna get better.
>>
/mettav/ - A board for posting about Mettaton and nothing else.
>>
>>410021
And your idea is?
>>
>>410039
/mettav/ - A board for posting about Mettaton and nothing else.
>>
>>410021
OP seems to be the only sane man in a sea of shitposting. I feel sorry for him. Hang in there man.
>>
File: 1316857657304.jpg (87KB, 600x738px) Image search: [Google]
1316857657304.jpg
87KB, 600x738px
>>410040
The cancer will not move to another board. That is one of the big core problems of /v/ and a groing nuber of boards like /pol/, /int/,/tv/ and seperate generals on /vg/.
People don't want to leave their main board for other topics. They want to keep chatting about everything with "their people and friends", effectively driving off every topical poster in the process. It is a selffeeding cycle that will only get worse over time.
The only thing that will help is actual good moderation like we saw after /vg/s creation and banning mobile IPs from posting.
>>
>>410402
Problem is, Hiro probably doesn't want to get rid of mobile posting. As for moderation, things will never get better until either Hiro lays his foot down and tells the mods to do their fucking jobs, or he starts bringing in his own Japanese buddies to help moderate the worst boards on here.
>>
Do you guys remember when /v/ talked more about tipping the pizza delivery guy instead of vidya?

It could always be worse.
>>
>>410556
Is this a new meme the mods are trying to force?
>>
>>410567
I know it could be much worse... "Jimmies"
If improvement can be had, strive for it.
>>
Why off-topic thread on /v/ is always the best thread?
>>
Has anyone noticed /qa/ has only 4 pages now? It probably means they are trying to give more particular attention to a handful of threads. I hope Hiro senpai notices us.
>>
>>411603
No, that's not what it means. It just means the board got spammed earlier and there was so much spam that deleting it removed a bunch of pages.
>>
>>411608
swaglord again?
>>
This is why I like /vg/. It's all video game discussion, all the time.
>>
>>411617
Yeah. Ironically this makes Hiro more likely to notice a thread about Swaglord being a power abuser.
>>
I don't think the issue is the mods or the user base on /v/, well, I mean, they are, but the direct responsible is the topic being discussed. The "gamer" crowd is one of the most cancerous crowd there is. Cancer its in its nature, you can't blame them from being this much of a cancer because, really, that's what video game discussion has come to. You'd be hard pressed to find a video game forum that isn't absolute cancer (and if you're going to say something about Reddit, save it, you clearly have 0 self awareness regarding cancerous communities)
>>
>>411980
Exactly. The problem with /v/, is /v/. Still, video games are so popular that I wouldn't be surprised if part of the 4chan staff actually played at least a few hours a week. Making me wonder why some threads take so long to get deleted, and why some threads stay up at all. Nazi moderation isn't really needed. But the corral gates aren't maintained very well, so things can get out of hand fairly quickly, and most of the cattle in this corral aren't going to be the ones to try and fix them.
>>
>"Let's split /v/ into multiple boards and segregate game discussion to a bunch of various boards that aren't /v/"
>Meta /v/ is literally just a carbon clone of /v/
>>
Ban port begging. It's worthless console war bait and destroys game discussion threads with platform speculation.
>>
>>412156
Then we simply do not have enough mods to properly moderate the boards. If the mods could at least fucking tell us this instead of banning people for stupid shit or deleting things they don't like maybe we could understand their situation.

Instead when you got mods like swaglord who try to be funny, it gives the mods a horrible reputation. Look at /tv/. All those shit threads and porn threads easily could have been deleted. Instead the mods keep them up for hours while deleting threads about celebrities.

There was a time when we liked it when the mods joked around with the user base. Now most people can't stand it because the mods refuse to communicate with us and of course don't clean up the shit on here and do their jobs. Point is, while the user base on /v/ is horrible, if the mods started enforcing the rules and doing their jobs, we would not be in this boat. Getting board volunteers would help as well. Let people actually decide what board they want to moderate. Instead it's like they give the janitors boards they don't want.
>>
/v/ will always be shit because video games are aimed at teenagers and manchildren. Your board is literally full of 15-year-olds and autistic losers. There's nothing you can do to fix that.

Now look at /lit/ for a comparison. Literature is a respected hobby for adults. Do they have constant shitposting like /v/? No. Why? Because the board doesn't intrinsically attract children and people who never grew up.
>>
>>412380
You haven't been to /lit/ recently have you? Shitposting is on the rise there. And /v/ never used to be this bad. Yes 2008-2012 were bad times, but it was never as bad as it is now. If the mods did their fucking jobs, enforced the rules, and showed the shitposters what they do is not tolerated, things would be fine. /v/ not only needs more mods and janitors, but the entire site needs more mods
>>
>>412394
See these threads.

>>>/lit/7578805

>>>/lit/7581780

>>>/lit/7589930

>>>/lit/7589103

These have nothing to do with /lit/ at all. And even if it looks like it does, its a shitpost thread or the threads are filled with shitposters
>>
>>411980
>>412156
>>412380
I don't exactly agree. See /a/ for example. Weeabos elsewhere tend to create crowds just as toxic and cancerous as bronies or gamers. It's just that the moderation tends to shave some of the cancer. Some of it. So I'm for moderation being increased if possible, but I wouldn't discard the new board idea. It could come handy with the right moderation team.
>>
>>412156
It's like trying to mop up a broken sewer main. Shit won't stop flowing.
>>
>>412526
Weeaboos are cringe and emotionally stunted but they're nowhere near as toxic as gamers and bronies.
>>
>>410402
What the hell does that have to do with the post you responded to? On top of that, you're fucking nuts. /vg/ was a success.
>>
>>412764
>/vg/ was a success
No it wasn't. /vg/ only caused general culture on the rest of the site to grow and there is still generals on /v/ that are generals in everything but name. What a great 'success' that board was.
>>
>>412769
As I said. A success. Generals are the key to this site's longevity.
>>
>>412812
Kill yourself
>>
>>412817
He's being sarcastic you dummy
>>
>>412851
Kill yourself
>>
>>412851
I'm not being sarcastic.
>>
>>408006
The real problem with v is the mods who keep deleting vidya threads they don't agree with politically, like if you criticize a game about how it pushes an agenda ( like lgbt let's say ), the SJW mods will always delete it. However, if a thread praises the pushing of such an agenda it doesn't get deleted. It's clear the mods are biased.
I really hope hiro addresses this.
>>
>>412870
See, I won't criticize you for having this opinion but to me you're the problem. You want stupid shit like "agenda" call-outs and SJW threads to exist on a board that should be about discussion video games.

>if a thread praises the pushing of such an agenda it doesn't get deleted
Nobody does this unironically. It's the same shitposting but with a different spin.
>>
>>408459
The site needs less mods not more.
>>
>>412874
You may as well just say
>the site needs more shitposting not less
>>
>>408795
Mod detected.
>>
>go to /vg/
>ask question about Bloodborne
>met with a barrage of butthurt replies telling me to seek out the wiki or google
What the fuck is the point? I asked the same question in /v/ and got actual discussion about the game.
>>
>>412880
>go to /vg/
>ask question about Undertale
>get multiple helpful answers and a cute picture of Asriel

It's all about the community.
>>
>>408870
If anyone wants proof of what a bunch of cocksuckers mods are look no further than this post.
>>
>>412872
100% agree
Seriously go back to 8gag if you want to complain about SJWs
>>
>>412880
Welcome to circlejerking generals of a board within a board. Instead of trying to create discussion, they make insanely long guides for almost any and every question that could be asked and redirect people to it. Once its made, the threads become nothing but rping, circlejerking, blogging and waifu posting. Plus, trying to talk about general content outside of a general will normally get you redirected to the general.
>>
>>412872
You really missed the point of my post.
>>412875
But that's the thing, mods don't bother deleting shitposting threads. v is a great example, if a thread that is a 100% vidya related, like let's say how a game like Undertale got good scores just because the SJW crowd agrees with the agenda it pushes, mods deleted it, even thou the thread is about a game and gaming journalism, both of them 100% vidya related. However, threads that are 0% vidya related, like a thread about Samus's ass let's say, stays up until it dies a natural death.
The moderation on this site is more concerned with it's political agenda instead of making the site better.
>>
>>412896
>gaming journalism, both of them 100% vidya related.
No its not. Complaining about sjw aren't vidya related, go away. The mods don't remove things, because people don't actually report them. Also
>v
>v
>v
>v
Kill yourself
>>
>>412896
>Samus's ass
>0% vidya related
Hey, you can't say that literally. But yes, those threads are practically built for /e/, by people too stupid to go there. Basic organization is all I want out of the userbase, the mods, and this website as a whole! I don't want to see dumb comments about how badly someone wants to have sex with a character. That kind of thing belongs on its own preexisting board, not the video games board.
>>
>>412896
>Like let's say how a game like Undertale got good scores just because the SJW crowd agrees with the agenda it pushes, mods deleted it, even thou the thread is about a game and gaming journalism, both of them 100% vidya related.
Fuck off Gator
>>
>>412896
...Undertale doesn't push an agenda though. It is one of the few things out there that doesn't make a big deal about gender or race and just focuses on telling a story.

I think it says a lot about the people criticizing it that they feel the need to draw attention to this or that when Undertale makes a point of NOT doing so.
>>
>>408006
Most of those things aren't bad and have been a part of /v/ culture for years. You sound like a sperg who wants /v/ to be "serious discussion only" in which case you need to kill yourself and/or fuck off back to reddit

The only cancer is this:
And the best solution is to ban that shit forever.
>>
>>412971
Why do you think that is "cancer"?
>>
File: 1451144327269.png (83KB, 781x324px) Image search: [Google]
1451144327269.png
83KB, 781x324px
>>
>>412974
Ah, yes, a very good ban.

I love when images like these get passed around by people trying to make the opposite point.
>>
>>412880
Which is why /v/ is still worth saving. Which is why I made this thread.
>>
I want either the board OP is proposing or a steady mod or mods to take care of /v/.
>>
So when the board is made who do you figure will raid the board other than /v/?
>inb4 reddit
>>
>>412974
Served him right
>>
>>412974
REKT
>>
So this thread got deleted and I don't know why

https://4ch.be/v/thread/324275072

300 posts of pure discussion and it's not even a console war.
>>
>>412880
Got the same response more or less in one other general in /toy/. It depends on the community and luck.
>>
>>414394
>thread starts off with some literally who youtuber
Advertisement and e-celeb garbage
>>
>>414400
Yeah but the discussion was pretty alright. Other anons were pretty much saying the video was cherrypicking.

Does that mean that posting trailers for games count as advertising? Sometimes that rule is confusing for /v/ and sometimes /co/.
>>
>>414407
It's e-celeb bullshit and the thread was made to advertise the youtuber, most likely made by the faggot himself. It doesn't matter what is inside the thread when the thread itself is completely against the rules and doesn't belong anywhere on 4chan.
>>
>>412896
This is true though, mods leave up off topic threads a lot
>>
>making a whole new board to contain cancer
No, we've done this too much. We can't simply contain it any longer, because it'll just pop up again and cause more problems.

In its current state, /v/ isn't "Video Games", it's "the vidya". It has long since become a mockery of itself, the same mockery that /v/ itself thought of so long ago. There is very little actual discussion of videogames there, and when there is actual discussion, it goes right down the toilet unless it gets very, very lucky at the right time of day. Hell, sometimes legitimate videogame discussion has to get deleted because of the amount of shitposting that gets added on to it.

At this point, we simply need mods to put their foot down. As totalitarian as it may seem to some (indeed, I expect many naysayers to start flinging shit) we really need mods to put their foot down and start handing out bans and deletions left and right on obvious shitposting. It can't all be quiet either; public banning to make an example of what's not allowed should be done as well. An argument is one thing, but being needlessly contrarian just to sustain it definitely shouldn't be allowed.
>>
>>414432
Another issue that affects /v/ would be /vg/'s rules. I've seen plenty of threads on /v/ get deleted under the logic "there's a general for it". While this may be true, not all generals even properly discuss the game in question, and its existence in fact hampers discussion elsewhere, making it nearly impossible to talk about it. I feel that /vg/ generals should undergo review to insure they're actually talking about the game in question instead of focusing on "OC". Games like Undertale and Five Nights at Freddy's really don't deserve a general, because there isn't a constant influx of content to require discussion, the general will instead continue to live simply for the sake of living, no longer discussing the game itself save for the same thing being repeated, usually due to people playing it for the first time. In the end, the general it worthless, and new players could easily get better discussion if they had started a proper, short-term thread on /v/.

In the end, what we need is not another board, but more concise board rules, and for at least a short while, harsher punishments for breaking those rules.
>>
>>414434
>the general will instead continue to live simply for the sake of living,
Almost ever single general on the site, /vg/ included, fall into this. This is why they need to be fucking removed and banned.
>>
>>414437
There are plenty of generals that do actively discuss what they are supposed to. Some types of topics don't need generals and some do. The Gunpla thread on /toy/ is acceptable, since its designed around discussion on the users' personal creations, and there's no reason to fling it around in a new thread for each one. However, there are also many generals for things which don't necessarily need them as well. Generals shouldn't be removed, but instead have more rules to dictate what would be considered a general and what wouldn't.
>>
>>414438
No, generals should all be removed. The only generals that should exist are a small few allowed on exception and that's it. Generals never belonged on the site in the first place and one of reasons the thread and bump limit system exist is literally to stop threads of an eternal nature.
>>
>>414434
/rlg/, /dfg/, and /domg/ are all good though.
>>
>>408006
>Threads about reviews
>Threads about developers, voice actors, artists, programmers, etc.
Make a /pe/ - People board where you can talk about notable people and things related to them, from the things they do to gossip about the personal lives. Fixes issues on multiple boards.
>Threads that throwback features from games (A.K.A ">X game Y Thing happens" threads
>Video game humor threads
Moderate them more heavily to get rid of all the non-vidya in them
>Console wars and news about new video game markets
Ban on sight, they've been against the rules for ages.
>Waifu threads
Limit to one at a time or move them to /c/
>News about not yet released games
>News about not yet released consoles
No problem in them being allowed, since if you get rid of the console war bullshit a lot of the shitposting in them goes away.
>General recommendation threads ("what game is better for X or Y)
>>>/wsr/

There, I just saved us from having 5 fucking video game boards.
>>
>>414480
E-celebs and other people bullshit belongs on either
>>>/trash/
>>>/b/
>>>/out
Not in its own board to grow and create even more cancer. That shit never belonged here in the first place.
>>
>>414409
>It's e-celeb bullshit and the thread was made to advertise the youtuber, most likely made by the faggot himself. It doesn't matter what is inside the thread when the thread itself is completely against the rules and doesn't belong anywhere on 4chan.

The point is that there can be rich civilized discussions about meta-video games. It won't be this distopic shitposting den everyone is so afraid of.
>>
>>414480
>There, I just saved us from having 5 fucking video game boards.
Would that be so wrong? There are 5 anime boards too.
>>
>>414528
You are cheery picking when that is one good thread a day when hundreds of other threads in the same day reach bump limit and are complete garbage and shitposting. Of course it is fucking possible to have good meta, but it doesn't happen, ever. It's 1 in 100,000 threads does it ever occur, even less most likely. A meta board will be nothing but a shitfest, because meta discussion is /always/ a shitfest. On top of it being a GGnigger board.
>>
>>414528
>It won't be this distopic shitposting den everyone is so afraid of.
Yes it most certainly will be
>>
>>414541
>>414655
So summarizing
>bad things will happen
>I fear GG
>bad things will happen no matter what
>shitposting
>even if we do nothing bad things will happen

So what, we crawl up in a hole and die? If we stop doing things by fear we will end up doing nothing
>>
>>414847
I figure they think /metav/ could be a petri dish for shitposting, which seems highly possible to be honest. You'd have the worst side of /v/ in there, you could have /b/ in there, /vg/ /r9k/, god knows what else, every other board that loves shitposting. But it seems that could keep them bussy from visiting /v/ so eh doesn't sounds so bad.
>>
When will obvious repeat threads get banned? It's been getting worse and worse, with literal autistic faggots reposting the exact same topics, with the same bait and image, over and over again repeatedly, sometimes multiple times per day.
>>
>>415143
Probably because these are legit complaints
>>
>>415143
Are you talking about /v/ or /qa/?
>>
>>414847
The solution is better moderation, not a poorly-moderated containment board for a poorly-moderated main board.
>>
File: welcome to v.png (2MB, 1902x1462px) Image search: [Google]
welcome to v.png
2MB, 1902x1462px
Something needs to be done with /v/, this is getting fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>408106
Didn't Mark use a meta board for containing metashit?
>>
>>416252
None of those are nsfw and they are all allowed, you stupid fucking mong. The only arguable one is the underwear, but as long as the post isn't shitposting, there is nothing wrong with it.
>>
>>415143
I've noticed this with threads featuring Kotaku articles.

>OP pic is always the article header and picture
>greentext copied from the article
>"thoughts on this lads" or some other phrase like it

Sometimes I even see the threads pop up again after they've been removed. It all feels like an advertisement to me.

I've also been there when Indivisible was being funded, threads about the game were repeated daily and I was sure there were genuine shills behind it. At least the mods publicly hammered down on that fucker.
>>
>>416701
move them to /metav/

problem solved
>>
>>416252
You're fucking stupid.
>>
Now that Hiro confirmed the board will be made, what should be the sticky for the board?
>>
>>418143
>Hiro confirmed the board will be made

Sauce.
>>
>>418143
What a loud of bullshit, try harder next time.
>>
File: 1429243065439.png (786KB, 711x948px) Image search: [Google]
1429243065439.png
786KB, 711x948px
>>408006
>わ

>>408110
Even google translate would have done better.
>>
File: Benedict Cumberbatch.png (177KB, 756x389px) Image search: [Google]
Benedict Cumberbatch.png
177KB, 756x389px
>>418168
>All these butthurt about the japanese text
Holy shit you guys are too easy.
>>
>>418145
>>418150
Can't you use the catalog? >>416437
>>
>>418333
If that's what you call being butthurt then sure.
>>
>>418143
Nice try Australia
>>
>>418345
That was talking about things like /po/, not your thread board, you double retard.
>>
>>416701
>At least the mods publicly hammered down on that fucker.
Yeah, but that was because false-flaggers were turning the thread into an actual general (making new threads once the previous ones fell off the catalog), not because of anything else.
>>
>>408006
>Metav
>Not /vc/ - vidya culture
>>
>>419922
does the name matter that much?
>>
>>420427
Yes, because /metav/ could easily be confused with /mettav/, a board for posting about Mettaton and nothing else.
>>
>>420436
I thought it was a board about Medabots
Thread posts: 202
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.