[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Great /sp/ clean-up 2015

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 9

File: Great job Hiro.jpg (29KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
Great job Hiro.jpg
29KB, 495x500px
Hey Hiro, congrats on finally making the essential move of sending wrestling to /asp/ where it belongs. But surely there is still more work to be done, so why stop there?

Various video game generals litter /sp/ and drive actual sports content off the front of /sp/ regularly. This is particularly egregious considering we already have a board for video game generals, so it's not like you have to rename a board (as you have earlier today) to do the right thing.

/trb/ threads belong in >>>/vg/ - they are video game general threads

/fifa/ threads belong in >>>/vg/ - they are video game general threads

These are not sports threads and do not belong in /sp/, much like wrestling.

/bet/ is another case of a thread that doesn't strictly belong in /sp/ as it isn't 100% sports related, but only tangentially related to some sports happenings. However, this isn't as clear cut as the video game threads above, and I can see how people could argue that it belongs in /sp/, /asp/ or other boards. Still, it's place in /sp/ needs to be considered.

Hiro, you have started a much needed clean-up of /sp/ that the community has cried out for, but don't half-ass it; do the right thing and put non-sports threads where they belong
>>
/bet/ could go to >>>/biz/ technically
>>
>>341520
/biz/ is the perfect board for /bet/. It's essentially a "help me make money through minimal effort" board, and that's what /bet/ting is all about. Because it's betting on sports rather than stocks is inconsequential.
>>
>>341491
kill yourself you rulekek fuccboi
>>
$bet$ and trolbol are as /sp/ as it gets you fucboi
>>
Just turn /trash/ into /fur/
Hell, it basically is any way.
>>
>>341491
/wwe/ removed when?
>>
I agree, i don't think these generals belong on /sp/
>>
>>341520
Im fine with /bet/ being on /sp/ or /biz/ it fits both

/fifa/ needs to be removed to /vg/
/trb/ is a touch more /sp/ related so I could see it staying but its a stretch
>>
I personally don't play games, but /trb/ has been around as long as /sp/ has, and was essentially an established general before generals existed.

I'm pretty sure at this point outlels are just openly admitting they are new. None of this even mentions bro culture, and at this point i'm convinced you'd all rather wallow in shitposting generals than actually bring back old/sp/.
>>
>>341530
It already has been, now the rulekeks are in full force and want to move everything to /asp/ that isn't football or soccer. This is the slippery slope I warned you faggots about. I don't even watch WWE but it was just one general at a time, now you're going to have a no-fun-at-all NFL and soccer board.

Hiro is good for nothing gook fuccboi.
>>
>>341530
Today, he literally renamed /asp/ to do it
>>
They are game generals. They need to be moved to /vg/.
Not so sure about /bet/ though
>>
File: 1436967819102.jpg (8KB, 227x220px) Image search: [Google]
1436967819102.jpg
8KB, 227x220px
>mfw poorfags and amerifats are booty blasted because they can't bet so they want it banned
>>
>>341491
IMO /bet/ can stay, but /trb/ and /fifa/ should go.

Also bro culture needs to return.
>>
>>341535
>outlels want more rules

kek no, leave us the fuck out of it. I'd rather have flags removed, janitors removed and let the content be determined by the userbase how it originally was.

The mods are there to remove spam, NSFW and CP. The outlels didn't ask for this at all, its the rulekeks that will ruin the board again as usual.
>>
>>341535
Why mention bro culture when it's already dead?
>>
Generals are the main problem with /sp/

>1) General threads go against everything that imageboards are meant for

Why not just go to a sports message board or forum if you want general threads? Forums have unique identities and general threads for topics. This is not what /sp/ was, or should ever be. I'm not anti-trip, but generals foster a chatroom identity which turns to shitposting with endless tripping. It's annoying.

>2) General threads prevent new OC

Notice /sp/'s quality decline as generals increase? It's not surprise. Would Kornheiser or Costanza be possible in 2015? No, because many posters never leave their general threads. /sp/ is fractured in a way that many segments of the board ignore each other, which wasn't the case a few years ago.

>3) Without generals, "bro culture" can return.

We're not advocating off topic shitposting, but it was easier to do power rankings and the like when there were tons of actively new threads being made. With generals, the pace of new threads on /sp/ has slowed dramatically. This allows bro culture posts to stick out like a sore thumb.

Please Hiro/Mods, just ban generals on /sp/. That is what we ask.
>>
>>341547
Flags gave rise to the generals. Flags are the reason there are generals. As long as flags are enabled certain posters will retreat to their hugboxes so they can't be called out due to their location.

Remove flags and watch the generals die.
>>
>>341548
I would be fine with this. Flags were like a funny joke that moot forgot to turn off after the Olympics. I don't post in soccer threads because as an American, people will just greentext me and disregard me as an "Amerifat".
>>
/bet/ is literally sports discussion. It's more on topic than most other generals.

Why do you care so much about these little irrelevant threads anyway?
>>
File: 00000038.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
00000038.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>do the right thing and put non-sports threads where they belong
>mods, please make our board even shittier
Greg Oden didn't die for this.
>>
>>341551
>can't handle the banter
>likes soccer

You're a disgrace
>>
File: 1365062835592.png (230KB, 1185x3251px) Image search: [Google]
1365062835592.png
230KB, 1185x3251px
This is an accurate depiction of /sp/.
>>
>Asking for more moderation

The whole point of 4chan was anonymity and the right to post whatever what you wanted(as long as it wasn't illegal stuff or blatant spam) because without that you'd stifle creativity.

I'm in shock that people are actually welcoming more moderation. You might as well move to reddit or forums, they have more pinpointed discussion there if that's what you're so worried about.

What's next? You're going to ask for IDs?
>>
>>341551
It has the reverse effect as well as keeping non-Americans from posting serious opinions in NFL/NBA/MLB threads. The enabling of flags created banter but also killed off potential discussion and users becoming interested in sports they otherwise never would have.
>>
>>341560
Seems like he's asking for generals, the most reddit-tier part of 4chan, filled with Tripfags, who are effectively redditors looking for notoriety, to fuck off to the boards where they belong.

It would improve the rate of oc / creative posts imo
>>
hiro, learn what "vocal minority" means please
>>
>>341560
Pretty much this. /sp/ was kill when /q/ was created and it became inundated with whiners trying to have this and that removed, deleted or banned.

Now with Hiro we see history repeating itself.
>>
>>341564
Might as well take that post, sticky it and delete the rest of /qa/. There is nothing else to say on this board.
>>
disable flags
disable trips
remove janny

bring back /sp/
>>
>>341563
You mean like Strawpoll c u c k s?

>>341564
Yeah, like how strawpoll c u c k s ran a shitposting campaign for months until they got what they wanted?
>>
/sp/ was a powerhouse board from 09-2012/13

Now its becoming like a regular sports forum which you can find thousands of on the net. Sad.
>>
>>
>>341571
>4chan is becoming regular forum

FTFY

Fuck, who'd have though the c.uck wasn't that bad?
>>
>>341575
An evil man is replaced by a good man who turns out to be an even eviler man. It's like Tekken is real-life, only with less awesome fighting.
>>
>>341535

>but /trb/ has been around as long as /sp/ has

Wrestling had been on /sp/ since the beginning too
>>
>>341571

This

/sp/ was by far the best board on 4chan at one point.

It's fall from grace has been brutal.
>>
>whine until you finally get wrestling run off /sp/
>B-but we don't want more moderation! I want off-topic threads but only off-topic threads that I personally approve of! M-muh bro culture!!

Kek, that's what you faggots get for choosing to bitch about wrestling (which has always been a part of /sp/) while you had Hiro's attention. Enjoy your overmoderation and don't forget to take it to the general!
>>
Sweaty mandrama mad as fuck. Go back to your home on /asp/
>>
hiro, can you bring back Kurt Angle and Jeff Hardy from TNA?

thanks

-/wwe/
>>
how much of a pathetic loser do you have to be to actually care this much lol?
>>
>>341491
>that the community has cried out for

Vocal minority at it again, nobody has ever cried out about it.
>>
File: forfree.png (111KB, 986x1070px) Image search: [Google]
forfree.png
111KB, 986x1070px
>>341641
yes they have. moot's iron first came crashing down
>>
>Hiro is a fucking newfag who doesn't understand board culture
>He's unironically taking /qa/ seriously
>The site will be dead within a month

Good job
>>
Stop making sp fucking lame with more mods and even more rules. Fifa threads, madden, etc threads have been a staple of /sp/ since the beginning. Can't handle one thread you dont care about bitch? no one on v or vg likes or plays sports games.
I can see you are an assburger or underaged who never was around when sp was absolutely based. Not allowing power rankings like that ruined /sp/. Bringing back power rankings will unleash the true bantz and renaissance of /sp/.
>>
In addition, Fantasy Football generals need to be removed as well.

Fantasy Football, while it takes statistics from actual football, is a game. Since it is not directly related to a sport, it can either be moved to /asp/ or /vg/
>>
>>341644
>pic is of when refmod showed up
>the outcry from /sp/ was so bad that moot had to turn into mootdusky and rhythmically slap refmod the fuck off the board

Yeah, the outcry was because of moots heavy handedness, not because they wanted moderation. Selective memory?
>>
>>341660
and the mods havent been huge faggots lately destroying everything? wahhhhhhh they only got rid of one shitty general they should have done more wahhhhhh this isnt good enough more should have been done wahhhh

fuck off faggot
>>
>>341659
>is not directly related to a sport

Lmao fuck off do not listen to this nazi autist please, fuck
>>
>>341659
Why dont they just make you the mod so you can delete every thread you dont like, how about that bootlicker?

Go start a subreddit for your sports discussion utopia faggot
>>
>>341671
When Hiro moved /wwe/ it showed that "sports adjacent" topics and threads do not belong on /sp/.

Fantasy, along with /bet/, /trb/ and /fifa/ can be moved to more appropriate boards, just like /wwe/.

It's just sports now. Otherwise /wwe/ wouldnt have been removed.
>>
>>341677
>manbabby wants to talk about betting and videogames on the sports board

You can do that on the boards dedicated to financial decisions and videogames. :^)
>>
>>341679
Fuck you bitch. Ill fuck you, you little white pussy. Ever played a sport in your life bitch?
>>
>>341693

I have. That hows I know the difference between what belongs on the sports board and what doesnt. And what doesn't is gambling and video games.

They belong on the traditional and video games boards.

It's alright. You guys can start generals over there too! It'll be fine. :^)
>>
/arse/ and /hoc/ are the worst threads on /sp/ by far. Can we kuck them over to /asp/ too?
>>
>>341709
/hoc/ is a great place to discuss hockey related news and events. it is one of the best examples of how a general on /sp/ should be used
>>
>>341709
/hoc/ seems ontopic, go look at it.
>>
>>341679
I agree Fifa shouldn't be in /sp/ but betting and fantasy bring up relevant sports info/topics for sport fans to discuss so I'm ok with them being there
>>
/trb/ will be moved to /vg/

/fifa/ will be moved to /vg/

/fantasy/ will be moved to /tg/

/bet/ will be moved to /biz/ or /tg/
>>
The Price Is Right gamethreads from years ago were a good example of /sp/ culture to be 100 percent honest, can those come back too?
>>
>>341725
Nope!
>>
>>341725

>tfw you will never have late night Whose Line Is It Game threads and streams ever again
>>
Can I please stop seeing food threads on /sp/? Hiro, stop being influenced by this outlel garbage and enforce the fucking rules
>>
I remember when we watched Top Gear on /sp/.
>>
>one of the janitors deleted someone's attempt to start a new /wwe/ general
>meanwhile there's a thread with a picture of a kid pooping on the front page

What great improvements
>>
>>341491
You rulefags just don't get it do you?
>>
>>341749
/jerseyshore/ was so fucking fun. God I missed that /sp/.
>>
c u c k s gone wild

>>>/sp/63520186
>>>/sp/63519963
>>
>>341551
Flags came about because moot wanted to show that it was 90% Australians doing the shitposting, pretending to be yuros and murrkins. I was on /sp/ the day flags were revealed. It was almost unbelievable.
>>
>>341725
That would be fun and we can't have that now, can we?
>>
>>341712
>it is one of the best examples of how a general on /sp/ should be used

Except thats fucking wrong, there should be no generals period. /hoc/ paved the way for how shitty /sp/ is today.
>>
>>341890
>being this mad at a sandwich
>>
/biz/ is the perfect board for /bet/. It's essentially a "help me make money through minimal effort" board, and that's what /bet/ting is all about. Because it's betting on sports rather than stocks is inconsequential.
>>
>>341890
Generals are fine, there's a topic and you can discuss it without threat of your topics getting btfo into page 10 & beyond
>>
>asking for more moderation an no fun allowed

Fuck off back to reddit.
>>
>>341709
>using /asp/ as a garbage bin
Fuck off nerds, it was slow but fun. What's next you animals, you're gonna dump things you don't like into /po/? Fucking animals, the lot of you popular normalfag boards like /sp/.
>>
>>341560
>>341577
I will literally stop being a piece of shit if this place goes full reddit, anons come with me and learn karate or some shit, we can be the protagonists who fuck up the bad guys that are shit tier moderation.
>>
generals = (sub)redditfication
>>
>>341491
I would like to say thank you Hiro for getting rid of that off topic wrestling general. Now if you would just please allow the return of off topic ass, food and power ranking threads to be created on /sp/ that would be fantastic.
>>
>>342084
If you're topic gets BTFO'd into Page 10, its probably not worth discussing. Generals fracture /sp/ and make discussion monotonous.
>>
>>341535
>bro culture
STOP THIS MEME

It's a sports discussion forum, not a friend/bro simulator for you to rekindle your non-existent brohood
>>
File: IMG_20151113_151557.jpg (128KB, 539x934px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151113_151557.jpg
128KB, 539x934px
>/fifa/ /trb/ - soccer related - sports
>/bet/ - all sporting events - sports
>/fantasy/ - football related - sports

>/wwe/ - TV show for kids - not sports
>>
>>342322
>Gambling and video games - sports

Not a chance
>>
>>342320
>STOP THIS MEME

The outlels already have, they're just focusing on individual threads now. This is because they are essentially openly admitting they just want to shitpost, and not actually bring bro culture back. I've never seen a board populace this deluded before. Please note in the /sp/ Q&A archive next to nobody was asking for more off-topic posting. This is because outlels have now (unironically) become rulesfags. Resetting their IPs nightly and spamming /sp/ didn't work, so now they're appealing to gookmoot, who will stab them in the back just like jewt.

>>342352
spotted the poorfag tbqh
>>
Riddle me this, mods:

>terror attack at Eagles of Death Metal show in Paris
>thread allowed on /mu/

>terror attack at France/Germany match
>ALL THREADS DELETED

A thread about the fucking game itself was deleted. Why the double standard? Why do the mods do this?
>>
>>342384
Oh the irony. The day after you faggots use your one wish on getting rid of a fucking wrestling general of all things, something like that happens and you can't have an eventb owl thread.

Loving Every Laugh.
>>
>OP speaking like his opinion is important

Top kek. Simply top kek.
>>
Generals all together should fuck off.

/nba/ general or /nfl/ general is stuffing too many topics into one thread and encourages unnecessary tripfagging.
>>
Why the fuck is there a new fifa thread in /sp/? Fucking dumb mods
>>
/spg/ SPORTS GENERALS
/spg/ SPORTS GENERALS
/spg/ SPORTS GENERALS
/spg/ SPORTS GENERALS

WE NEED A REDDIT CONTAINMENT BOARD ALREADY IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO BAN GENERALS
>>
>>341491
agreed get rid of all these also send UFC to /asp/ where the other MMA, boxing, karate stuff discussion is makes more sense and would free up more space on /sp/.
>>
>>342589

/nba/ general is dying cause of Curry Fag, I report him but he keeps getting away with it
>>
/fsp/ - fighting sports
/tsp/ - team sports
/ssp/ - solo sports

Delete /sp/. That way there is no battle for what is the 'real' sport.

Fighting sports are memes and shouldnt be considered the same as solo sports, mainly because of the whole belt system

Team sports and solo sports have completely different cultures and can easily be separated

No flags, they never brought anything good.

Once standard rules are established people can memepost in peace
>>
File: tumblr_mjfr9b4p6K1rct6yjo1_1280.jpg (61KB, 591x590px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mjfr9b4p6K1rct6yjo1_1280.jpg
61KB, 591x590px
I vote that if /sp/ fags are tired of RBL (the greatest basketball broship ever created) that Hiro, based new owner, create a /rbl/ board so that fans of the Los Angeles Lakers, Toronto Raptors, and the Chicago Bulls all have their very own board. I mean we already control /nba/ but what's a king without his own castle?
>>
File: 1446422469864.jpg (882KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1446422469864.jpg
882KB, 1024x768px
>>344862

>using based Wiggins in your OC

he's ours now, Canada, you fuck off
>>
/sp/ was at its best when it had culture. I don't even post there anymore. I go there occasionally just to see how bad it is with all those fucking shitty generals everywhere.

I think /sp/ should be renamed to sports bar. /sp/ can be sports focused, but allows us to talk about other shit too like in the good ol' days. Give mods some room to start deleting threads if too many off-topic threads, but essentially make the "on-topic" rule soft on /sp/. I argue this can be justified in part because different sports tend to be disconnected from one another, sports have off-seasons and off-days, and so being able to talk about other stuff allows us to maintain a sense of community and not be bored as shit when our sport isn't on. /sp/ was a very unique place to talk about sports at one point. Now it's just like any other sports forum. You have to be a literal autist to prefer this general shit.

We don't need /spg/. /spg/ will just fragment the board unnecessarily, and I'd bet even the people using the generals don't even really like them. They do it because they don't see any other way. It's no coincidence that general culture on /sp/ arose the same time they started clamping down on funposting culture. Let funposting return and generals will decline.
>>
>>341547
Not from /sp/, but seeing a post like this makes me choke up a little. Maybe there's hope for /sp/ and perhaps the rest of this godforsaken place.
>>
>>344862
25>22
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.