[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Use this thread to discuss the improvement of /pol/ As always,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: hiroapprovedmeta.jpg (77KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
hiroapprovedmeta.jpg
77KB, 768x768px
Use this thread to discuss the improvement of /pol/

As always, if you want greater chances of mods hearing your suggestion, you may use the hidden >>>/qa/ board or use the "feedback" button at the bottom of the page
>>
We should ban all the black dick threads, it's kind of not politics
>>
>>138702977
I've noticed mods are doing a better job.
Couple weeks ago that turk got triple (User was banned for this post) on a post
>>
>>138702903
everything is fine, the riots in arizona are comfy and redpill threads are commonplace. We don't need to change anything
>>
Ban larpers
>>
>>138703076
ive noticed that more threads are being moved from other boards to /pol/. They're the ones with all the unknown flags
>>
higher bump limit would be nice
>>
>>138703207
Mods from other boards are responsible for that.
Honestly I dislike it and they should just delete them
>>
>>138702903
Create a new sticky
Talk about obvious bait templates the same way the old sticky talks about ">Is x white"
threads. The nature of shilling has changed.
Emphasize a ban on /b/tier threads. Shit does not belong here. BTFO threads should be monitored for original input as well. Enforce the catalog. Get better jannies
>>
>>138703322
Not for bait posts that get 350 replies
I'm looking at all the religion bait threads mostly
>>
>>138702903
Stop linking redditors to /qa/ and telling them it's the hidden mod board, you gigantic faggot.
>>
>>138703398
I think that's a good idea.
We just had a janitor campaign, though.
>>
500 post bump limit.

Let meme magic threads stay.

Stop 404ing information that kikes dont want us to see
>>
>>138703138
This too.

Roleplaying belongs on >>>/tg/ or >>>/x/
>>
auto delete any thread with a Lauren Southern image that doesn't include a link to her youtube page. They are all shill and slide threads.
>>
File: james jones.jpg (8KB, 233x273px) Image search: [Google]
james jones.jpg
8KB, 233x273px
When the fuck did /pol/ become /x/? Non fucking stop conspiracies now.
>>
RETURN TO FORCED COUNTRY FLAGS GOD DAMN IT
>>
File: pc frog.jpg (92KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
pc frog.jpg
92KB, 1000x800px
no complaints here, plz no ban senpai
>>
>>138703076
The fuck? Public bans? I would have been so happy to see that again. I think a lot of the shittier aspects are just poor planning. Mods would ideally probably like to have a schedule for janitors but can't really because the already limited staff would definitely say "fuck this". If anyone wants to make /pol/ better, join the next application period. Other than that, I think most of em would love to banhammer every leftist post they could, just for the fun of it, but while it's a political board, I guess they'd have to allow anything put together enough to pass as an actual political discussion and not just blatant shilling or trolling. They do what they can. Plenty of times I've come on to a catalog of shit threads that are then gone fifteen minutes later. I've seen a janitor delete probably half of the catalog a few different times.
>>
>>138703508
>>138703577

Well, happening threads are at the core of /pol/ and are a nice change when theres too much other shit going on.
>>
>>138703727
a happening thread with no link, no evidence, or any sort of credibility is what I would consider a larp thread.
>>
>>138703694
It feels refreshing when a bunch of shitposts are systematically sniped.
I would also love a "public execution" of some really terrible threads to point out what not to post.
>>
File: 7.jpg (30KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
30KB, 500x471px
>>138702977
>>138703207
>>138703380
>>138703398
>>138703504 <<
>>138703552

AND BAN SHILLS, BURN THEM ALIVE!
>>
>>138703926
It's a gray area. At what point is a guy trying to get a point across by using a bit of bait and another guy literally shilling? I don't like either but the former shouldn't be banned.
>>
>>138703694
having a stickied >USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST thread would help as well.
>>
-Remove country flags
-Remove nazi/white supremacist threads
-Ban happening threads on sight
-Sticky a Trump MAGA thread, change it every day
-Allow embedding twitter messages in OP post
And last but not least:
-Actually enforce the no racism rule outside of /b/
>>
>>138703577
Conspiracies and politics go hand in hand faggot.
>>
>>138704185
LMAO FUCK OFF KIKE.
>>
People need to shit down shit threads early.
call them out on their shittyness.
if you can get in early enough then a bait thread will collapse into itself.
also report and ignore.
remember to sage.
and be polite.

>Blah blah blah redpill me on blahblahblah
>what kind of music is /pol/ approved
>kek lol xd drumph lol

either a simple comment about which board is a better place or simply a post calling out obvious bait.

I know acting like a quasi-janitor is pretty faggy but it still helps.

too many newfags actually think /pol/ has never had decent discussion threads before and that this trollish bullshittery is acceptable.

or maybe im a misguided idiot idk anymore.
>>
>>138704185
or you know... you could go back.
>>
>>138704143
Like heads on pikes. I wish we had mods that were more brutal and troll-like when it came to public banning trolls, shills, and (when it's funny not all the time) leftists. I know, it would be nice to ban any leftist shit, but then there charges of this being a safespace echo chamber could hold up. Now, they only throw that out when their thread gets banned but I think we've all seen some left-leaning OP posts remain so long as there's some thought behind them and it doesn't read like a mongoloid just broke out of its cage and is headbutting a keyboard.
>>
File: eclipse.png (366KB, 505x452px) Image search: [Google]
eclipse.png
366KB, 505x452px
>>138702903
higher bump limit
larger image size allowance
sage checkbox instead of options field
forced country flags
>>
>>138704298
I think above all: This. It's up to the community to ultimately uphold the community standards that we expect.
>>
Remove reddit
>>
>>138704185
>Allow embedding twitter messages in OP post
Screw you and your need for attention.
>>
>>138703694
>If anyone wants to make /pol/ better, join the next application period.
Implying (((they))) want actual/pol/acks on staff here.
>>
File: images (15) (2).jpg (10KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images (15) (2).jpg
10KB, 183x275px
Sage checkbox wud be nice
I do like black cocks, just not in this place
>>
File: 1502070117821.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1502070117821.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>138704185
- Remove Kekistan faggots
- White power
- Fuck off nigger
>>
>>138702903
Move all bigotry threads to /bant/
>>
>>138702903
NEW

MEME

FLAGS

NOW
>>
>>138705158
Fuck off you faggoty nigger
>>
>>138705014
The options field isn't just for sage, though (e.g. nonoko, since4pass, #fortune I guess).
>>
>>138704509
i want to adjust my flag request/explain the rest:
force country flag, but also allow an optional secondary alignment flag
sage checkbox would encourage more people to not bump shit/bait
higher bump limit due to the quantity of posting /scale of debate here
larger image cause 4mb is tiny in current year
>>
File: images (12) (3).jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (12) (3).jpg
7KB, 300x168px
>>138705813
No shit, really? I don't care
>>
>>138706103
It ends up being a bunch of clutter for a "quick reply". Just use autofill and type s
>>
>>138706202
its like you WANT people to bump shit/shill threads

i guarantee you more people would sage shit they get baited into replying if they could simply tick a box next to reply button
>>
File: HJzr0p7.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
HJzr0p7.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>138703504
>>138703504
>>138703504
>>138703504
>>
>>138706350
I want clutter out.
User flag selection sucks even more because of the selection window. Options is very flexible and works well. Maybe mention "sage" (along with reporting) in the sticky?
>>
>>138704881
Check out how generic the questions are when we next have a chance. I doubt it'd be hard to get through them without saying kikes or talking about Hitler. Defeatism has been an enemy of this movement from the start.
>>
Perhaps increasing the file size limit or webm's with sound?
>>
>>138706746
I'd like 10MB if we could get it. Lots of images that have to be severely downscaled.
Webms with sound would be nice so we don't always have to link to youtibe or either /gif/ or /wsg/
>>
>>138706524
>clutter
oh u must be a phone poster on one of those 2 inch wide screens. im on 5760 x 1080 so even my quick reply box in windowed mode has ass loads of real estate where check boxes could be added. i understand your reluctance but i also dont believe that is enough to justify deny considering a decent option that would probably enhance board quality.
>>
>>138707056
Yeah, people like to treat this place like a containment board but we have to leave to link to webm's with sound. Doesn't make a lot of sense. I imagine it has to do with the massive amount of storage required for all the files uploaded.
>>
>>138707187
No I just use thread watcher and end up having 50 threads pinned on 1920x1080. It also just looks plain ugly to have more things in the window. And on mobile quick reply is abhorrent already, like you said.
>>
Damn, 2 threads got taken down right after I reported them.
Thanks, mods.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.