[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you really believe in unequivocal free speech? Or are you

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: pepe_.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
Do you really believe in unequivocal free speech? Or are you just using free speech as a venue to achieve your goals at which point you'll throw it away?
>>
Free speech as the scotus reaffirms time and again. This whole idea that "hate speech" is illegal in the US is alarming.
>>
free speech sucks. it's only for niggers, jiggaboos, moon crickets, pavement apes, basketball americans, darkies, negros, antique farm equipment, coons, and moulis
>>
>>137488503
Why are you asking us this question and not liberals?
>>
I am a free speech absolutist. You can't understand your enemy unless they're allowed to speak, and then you can't defeat them the right way. People who are afraid of understanding their enemies are afraid of themselves.
>>
>>137488503
Sounds a lot like what the left did.
>>
>>137488503
This board is satire....

The left doesn't believe in free speech. They are literally trying to make saying thing they don't like illegal,

And have actually succeeded in making certain thought crime illegal

And have defacto outlawed certain speech via societal pressure.

Do you shills lack all self awareness. You don't care that you are literal fascists who have created a police state....
>>
>>137488503
Yes and no
Free speech is a right that all humans have
There is no obligation in the laws of physics that say we cannot produce sounds waves with our vocal cords in such a way that may or may not harm a person mentally
>>
>>137488503
credible threats aren't considered protected by free speech in most western democracies, including the US
>>
>>137491073
This
>>
>>137491073
well said
>>
File: Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg (139KB, 555x414px) Image search: [Google]
Theodore_Kaczynski.jpg
139KB, 555x414px
>>137488503
Some leftists may seem to oppose technology, but they will oppose it only so long as they are outsiders and the technological system is controlled by non-leftists. If leftism ever becomes dominant in society, so that the technological system becomes a tool in the hands of leftists, they will enthusiastically use it and promote its growth. In doing this they will be repeating a pattern that leftism has shown again and again in the past. When the Bolsheviks in Russia were outsiders, they vigorously opposed censorship and the secret police, they advocated self-determination for ethnic minorities, and so forth; but as soon as they came into power themselves, they imposed a tighter censorship and created a more ruthless secret police than any that had existed under the tsars, and they oppressed ethnic minorities at least as much as the tsars had done. In the United States, a couple of decades ago when leftists were a minority in our universities, leftist professors were vigorous proponents of academic freedom, but today, in those of our universities where leftists have become dominant, they have shown themselves ready to take away from everyone else’s academic freedom. (This is “political correctness.”) The same will happen with leftists and technology: They will use it to oppress everyone else if they ever get it under their own control.
>>
>>137488503
Why people can have different opinions of mine? I HATE IT!!!!!!
>>
File: wmfxv7c0rs4z.jpg (59KB, 738x606px) Image search: [Google]
wmfxv7c0rs4z.jpg
59KB, 738x606px
>>137488503
>>
>>137488503
All speech is free speech. If you can start justifying censorship for one subject, it isn't hard to do it again. A government should not have the power to silence its people.
At the same time, free speech doesn't protect you from social consequences. The fed can't arrest you but you are liable to lose your job.
>>
>>137488503
Unlimited free speech except for slander/libel
Probably also add crimes like harass if you chase a kid/grandpa in the street yelling foul stuff at them
>>
>>137492172
>you are liable to lose your job
There should be free speech protections for workers, in my opinion. SJW CEOs otherwise have enormous leverage over their employees.
>>
Gonna post this in every thread that concern trolls the momentum of the right.
>>>/wsg/1800545
>>
>>137493074
If its a private business the owner has a right to run it however they want and to fire you for any reason, or no reason.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.