[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PRAY YOUR ROSARY #2

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 30

File: image.jpg (21KB, 367x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 367x400px
CONT...

In "The Secret of the Rosary" by Saint Grignion de Monfort, the great Saint says the following:

>"Even if you are on the verge of being damned, even if you have one foot in hell, even if you have sold your soul to the devil as sorcerers do, even if you are a heretic as hardened and obstinate as a devil, sooner or later you will be converted and saved, if--mark well my words--if you pray the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and forgiveness for your sins."

The Rosary is the ultimate prayer, containing both verbal and meditative prayer. During each decade of the Rosary, we meditate on the life of Jesus Christ through the eyes of His Mother.

The Rosary is the prayer of the gospel, the complete contemplation of Jesus Christ's life; and it is from Heaven.

Saint Monfort goes on to say:

>"No one can disapprove of the devotion of the Holy Rosary without condemning what is most sacred in the Catholic Faith: i.e., the Lord's Prayer, the Angelic Salutation, and the Mysteries of the Life, Death, and Glory of Jesus Christ and His Holy Mother."

Saint Bonaventure says:

>"He who neglects devotion to the Blessed Virgin will die in his sins and be damned."

Finally, to all who say the Rosary is a "vain repetition". I would remind one that Jesus Christ gave us the Lord's prayer to recite word for word. We are instructed to "pray ceaselessly". Even the Angels in heaven repeat "Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God almighty, who was and is and is to come" without ceasing... David repeats in his psalms over and over again.

The Rosary is anything but vain. However the correct rendering should be understood as "do not pray with empty phrases". The Rosary is by no means empty.

>"Charity believes all things" (1 Corinthians 13:7), whereas pride easily leads us to deny almost all well-authenticated narritives, on the pretext they are not in Holy Scripture. Such pretext is one of the devil's snares."
>>
REFUTATION OF EVOLUTION
>>134325949

Faulty science. Darwin himself said the fossil records didn't support his theory, and would have to in the future to support it... The fossil records still don't support evolution.

What you are describing is micro-evolution, which is within a species and can be observed.

Macro-evolution however is one species becoming anther species, which is insane, illogical, impossible, and suffers from an insurmountable lack of observable evidence in the world.

One "kind" of animal will never evolve into another "kind"; it will never happen.

You can't give what you haven't got, meaning, if you haven't got intellect and reason (apes), it doesn't matter how many billions of years you breed, you can never "give" or develop Intellect or reason.

You can't give powers you don't have.

God created animals and humans with the ability to adapt to their environment; which is what you observed.
>>
File: image.jpg (63KB, 400x577px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63KB, 400x577px
>>134328739

PRAY THE ROSARY
R
A
Y

T
H
E

R
O
S
A
R
Y
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 765x1000px
>>134328953
>>
>>134328739
Beautiful. And to think, if it wasn't for The Church, we wouldn't have genetics.

Thank you Gregor Mendel!
>>
>denies evolution
>uses evolution to proove niggers are inferior
rly mks m thnk
>>
Teach me about the Luminous Mysteries
>>
>>134330723

I would pray the Rosary the way Mary gave it to us...

Joyful
Sorrowful
Glorious

3 mysteries
>>
File: IMG_1398.jpg (129KB, 664x1098px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1398.jpg
129KB, 664x1098px
>>134328296
Bump
You've inspired me to start praying the rosary again senpai, thanks
>>
>>134328296
finally a good thread

bumped
>>
>>134329923
Kek. It's what the deluded ideologues do. They pick and choose the only parts of other people's ideas while not assimilating the bad parts

Also sage, you created this new thread so that people don't see how I "BTFO" you in other posts in the previous thread. You're fucking stupid OP. You made this thread at post 131 in the other one.
>>
File: IMG_1378.jpg (46KB, 706x409px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1378.jpg
46KB, 706x409px
>>134331248
Fuck off you gay cunt
>>
>>134328296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecNmELbr9x4
bump
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 500x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 500x696px
>>134331006

Wow, God bless you friend.

>“Give me an army saying the Rosary and I will conquer the world.” – Blessed Pope Pius IX
>>
I don't know what this means :(
>>
>>134331248

Lol... First of all, I never said anything about anyone being inferior or superior.

Macro-evolution is absurd, which is plain to everyone that doesn't have an ulterior motive, i.e., a resentment of God.
>>
File: Fulton Sheen - the Rosary.jpg (118KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Fulton Sheen - the Rosary.jpg
118KB, 736x736px
>>134330723
>Luminous Mysteries
No.
>>134330849
>I would pray the Rosary the way Mary gave it to us...
This. I pray the traditional Rosary every morning. No Luminous for me.
>>
>>134331761
>macro evolution is absurd
Explain niggers being so stupid?
>>
>>134331729

The Rosary is a prayer consisting mainly of Hail Marys and Our Fathers. It is a very potent method of praying and all problems however grand can be surmounted by its recitation.

The beads are used to count the prayers, each "decade" consists of 10 Hail Marys, we meditate on a mystery of Christ while we pray those 10 prayers.

Once you learn to pray it you will never forget and it will change your life :)
>>
>>134330849
Why not the other two mysteries, and what mysteries should be prayed on what days if you discount the other two?
>>
File: image.jpg (324KB, 481x472px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324KB, 481x472px
>>134332205

I pray all three mysteries per day...

So joyful, sorrowful, and glorious.

The luminous were added later and many feel try take away from the divine origin of the Rosary.

You can pray just one mystery per day, or even just start with a single decade and build up.

Here is a list of the traditional days you are supposed to pray wax of the three mysteries... But you can just do them in order too, joyful Monday, sorrowful Tuesday, glorious Wednesday etc...
>>
>>134328296
As a (former) Protestant, what's the history of the rosary? Why do you call Mary Queen of Heaven? Why do you call her a co-redemptrix?
>>
>>134331729
Here are some Rosary websites that show the exact prayers to say and the order in which to pray the Rosary:

http://www.themostholyrosary.com/index.htm

https://joao.machado-family.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Traditional_Rosary.pdf

http://www.rosary-center.org/howto.htm#loaded
>>
File: image.jpg (944KB, 1094x1623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
944KB, 1094x1623px
>>134333807

Mary gave the Rosary to St Dominic in the 12th century I believe, to combat heresy and evil in these dark times. She has confirmed the Rosary with many apparitions, Faima being the most amazing, which you should look in to. Around 80,000 people saw it, many were not Catholics.

We call Mary the Queen of Heaven because she has merited the place of Lucifer in Heaven, taking his place in the hierarchy of grace. She did this by her perfect fidelity to God's will, bearing great suffering and watching her Son be tortured and killed.

Also, wasn't King David's mother called the "queen"? In the Hebrew tribe, the mothers of the King is the queen, not the wife. Jesus was the ultimate King from the lineage of David, it His fitting Mary is the Queen of His Heavenly Kingdom.

We say Mary is co-redemptrix because she is... How can anyone deny Mary's role? She accepted God's command with humility, even though she could have been stoned for adultery. She birthed Jesus, she raised Him, and she suffered with Him more than anyone as He hung on the cross.

A sword truly did pierce her heart and she deserves these honours and the place highest of all creatures (created brings) in heaven.

She has perfect unity with the trinity...

Daughter of God the Father
Spouse of God the Holy Spirit
Mother of God the Son

>Pray for us Mary, show us the way to your son.
>>
Bump

Former blasphemer here. Not baptized yet, still pondering between Roman and Eastern Catholicism. To be honest the fact that the Moscow Patriarch stands strong against degeneracy while Francy does ... what he does, delusionally ... I'm SO leaning towards russian Orthodoxy.
Plus, they have the Byzantin chants.
To be honest, I'd love to have me a super traditional denomination, but as of now, Roman Catholicism does not promote tradition beyond "go to church an shiet". Even worse, all the shitty popmusic in the services and all the blatant modernity which dilutes the worship so much ... etc.. This is unworthy of a divine liturgy in my opinion. Though I'm by no means an expert, scholar or even theologian. But especially in Germany, the (Roman) catholic church is a mere caricature of what it once has been.
And I feel bad about it. Because, to be VERY honest with you, I feel absolutely driven towards Roman catholicism, because my family was for generations, but the fact that it has become utterly weak (at least here in Germany and "visually" the Pope) and especially degenerate - which wouldn't be a problem "by itself" if it wasn't EVERY FUCKING WHERE OVER THE PLACE IN THE CENTRAL THAT IS THE VATICAN ITSELF ....

Fuck me, I'm torn and I don't want to make the wrong decision, while I support both, but I can't be both, of course
>>
>>134333807
St. Dominic received the Holy Rosary from the Blessed Virgin in 1214. You can read the history below:

http://www.theholyrosary.org/rosaryhistory
>>
>>134334934
Thanks. I just started with joyful mysteries today and did the prayers. Pretty calming.
>>
>>134335736
Roman Catholicism is the right choice. Don't let the fact that the Catholic Church has been infiltrated by evil and has turned away from Truth deter you because Jesus promised He would never leave His church, and in the end, His church will rule forever. There are still some Catholic Church that follow the traditional Latin Mass (pre-Vatican II), but I know they are hard to find. Even if you cannot find one, it is still good to go to Mass and take the Sacrament. And please get baptized. God Bless and good luck!
>>
>>134335918

>Jesus with blonde hair and blue eyes

Uhh.. You realize he was from the Levant, right?

This is idolatry.
>>
>>134336726
you know the Levant was Roman in that time right?
>>
>>134336565
That is wonderful! I hope you continue on this path, and may you find peace and calmness in your heart and soul. God Bless!
>>
>>134328296

I'll be a Catholic until a die (need to become a better Catholic, though). One thing: It ought to be the duty of every Catholic to purge the Church of degeneracy, liberalism, Marxism, critical theory, and liberation theology. The infiltrators have purposefully made a mockery of the Church.
>>
>>134336726

>Implying that today's Levant and Levant in 0 A.D. are the same
>>
>>134335736

When did the Catholic Church change? The 1960's. When did the world get flipped on its head? The 1960's.

The Catholic Church is the church Christ founded, through thick and thin, we must stay true.
>>
vain repetitions, sunday worship, false intercessors & mediators like saints & mary

God isn't listening you
>>
>>134336726
I have noticed that many of the old great art works (12th century through about 17th century) show Infant Jesus with blond hair and blue eyes. However, Jesus as an adult is almost always painted with brown eyes and brown hair.
>>
I know Catholics don't worship Mary, but can someone explain why Mary is held in such high regard in the Latin Rite? Genuine question from a lapsed Catholic.
>>
>>134339031
The Bible doesn't even put much emphasis on Mary, and neither does Jesus. He literally points at a random woman in a crowd and says, "this is my mother"... So I don't understand why Catholics worship saints and non-Godly things. Only Jesus Christ should be worshiped?
>>
>>134337180
god bless the Pope. he will do this. He is a great Pope!
>>
>>134331006
I seriously hope the next Pope is like him - based af!
>>
>>134339031

What denomination are you?

This is my response to that from earlier:

We call Mary the Queen of Heaven because she has merited the place of Lucifer in Heaven, taking his place in the hierarchy of grace. She did this by her perfect fidelity to God's will, bearing great suffering and watching her Son be tortured and killed.

Also, wasn't King David's mother called the "queen"? In the Hebrew tribe, the mothers of the King is the queen, not the wife. Jesus was the ultimate King from the lineage of David, it His fitting Mary is the Queen of His Heavenly Kingdom.

We say Mary is co-redemptrix because she is... How can anyone deny Mary's role? She accepted God's command with humility, even though she could have been stoned for adultery. She birthed Jesus, she raised Him, and she suffered with Him more than anyone as He hung on the cross.

A sword truly did pierce her heart and she deserves these honours and the place highest of all creatures (created brings) in heaven.

She has perfect unity with the trinity...

Daughter of God the Father
Spouse of God the Holy Spirit
Mother of God the Son

>Pray for us Mary, show us the way to your son.
>>
>>134339031
There's no Christ without Mary. And we know that He listens to Her.

Back in times, speaking to any woman in public, even related to you, was considered almost an immorality.
>>
>>134336566

Thank you and God bless.

>>134337564

Yes, I understand ... I guess ... whereas Eastern catholics claim the same. I mean deep down I feel the schism was absolute retardation and I deeply wish for a reunification.
Also, I'm of course not naive. I know all the Eastern patriarchs and the clergy have shit going, too. But at least they represent "having balls", in lack of a better description, whereas the Pope - as the first authority - preaches almost degeneracy. I'm not even talking about the washing ritual he performed on muslims. But the fact that he advocates (directly or indirectly) for giving up our identity as Europeans, inviting hordes of savage muslims that know nothing but to destroy other religions, for almost literal frankfurt school-style cultural marxism and so on ....

I know that choosing the denomination is a 100% spiritual decision - and it is something I will stick with until I die a physical death - but I'm unable to wave politics and global events away and ignore it.

I'm prolly the worst aspiring Christian that the world has ever seen ....
>>
>>134340100
>What denomination are you?
Roman Catholic, specifically
>>
>>134339031
Jesus, the Son of God, came to Earth through Mary. She is the vessel that brought the God-Man to Earth. Thus, Mary is the God-bearer, aka “Mother of God.” Mary is the link between our broken humanity and the boundless divinity present in the triune God. Mary is redeemed, as she is human, but she is also considered to have a special and unique relationship with God, as she shares DNA with Christ. Due to Mary’s close relationship with her son, Jesus, she experienced everything with Jesus and held it in her heart. As mother of the King of Kings, she is the saint of saints. Furthermore, because the church is the body of Christ, and Mary is Christ’s mother, she is also the mother of the church. This means that in addition to having a special relationship with Jesus, Mary also has a special relationship with the church. She belongs to the church and the church belongs to her.
>>
>>134340474

No you're not my friend. You are also very humble which is great!

I would look into Fatima, the Catholic Church is in real crisis, for sure. Fatima predicted a "great apostasy" and this looks like it to me...

This is sad but we must stay true to the church Christ founded, until the end.

Don't judge Catholicism or choose a denomination based on the state of it now, look at what the true church is... It is the Catholic Church.

Jesus Himself preached obedience to the scribes and Pharisees that killed Him simply because they sat on the chair of Moses; Pope Francis sits on the Chair of Saint Peter... We must be obedient.

Try and find a Latin mass church and give it a try. See if the FSSP has a church near you, pray your Rosary; God bless you!
>>
>>134340588
Mary isn't the mother of God, sir.
>>
>>134339539
>So I don't understand why Catholics worship saints and non-Godly things.
We don't worship Saints or the Blessed Virgin. We pray to them to intercede for us with God. Kinda like going to your mom to intercede for you with your dad. You assume your mom will have influence on your dad due to her closeness to him. Same with the Blessed Virgin and the Saints. We pray to them to intercede for us with God, hoping that with their close relationship with God they will help us, put in a good word for us. This is an elementary explanation but should help you to understand.
>>
>>134340588

Well said. Amen.
>>
>>134341027

>Jesus is God
>Mary is Jesus' Mother
>Mary is the Mother of God
>>
>>134341012

Thank you so much.
Now, this is prolly a stupidly naive question and forgive me for my idiocy, but do I actually need a rosary - as in: a chord with pearls - to pray the rosary ? Prolly not ... but just to make sure :s [note: I didn't read any of the above links, you posted above, yet]

Also, regarding Fatima: Do you have a source [which can absolutely be a website] for me to read ? I absolutely wanna know.
>>
>>134335736
You really shouldn't look at questions of faith from this angle, you're making a decision about faith and your soul from a temporal standpoint.
You're worried and don't like the current ways of the Church, we all are, but this doesn't stand in our way as Catholics, because we believe the Church is indestructible. We believe the Church will recover, as it did in the past, from much worse.

I can't guide anyone through the theological aspects though, I don't understand the filioque, and the other questions.
>>
>>134341310
I don't think you can make that jump. That makes it sound like Mary preceded Jesus or that God comes from Mary, which is not the case, because the Bible says that Jesus existed before the earth. And if you're gonna say that Mary is the "mother of God", then you would have to say that David is the "father of God".

There's a good Bible verse from Jesus himself that disproves the logic of calling Mary the mother of God. In Mark 12:35-37, Jesus says:

>And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?

>For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

>David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly.

So Jesus is correcting the scribes that are saying that David is the father of Christ, by pointing out that "no, David calls Christ his LORD" -- meaning, he's not simply the father of God, but Christ is his Lord. He's only the son of David in the sense of physically, in the flesh, descending from David.

I think that Mary is strictly the mother of Jesus Christ in an earthly/humanly sense, but wouldn't use the terminology of calling her the Mother of God. In Matthew 12:47-49 Jesus says:

>Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.

>But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?

>And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
>>
File: 1494858831870.jpg (870KB, 1920x1783px) Image search: [Google]
1494858831870.jpg
870KB, 1920x1783px
>>134336566
No , Roman catholicism is the wrong choice . It always has been because it was founded on pride of Rome being a breakaway Church, but

>the Great Apostacy is at hand , and Rome will ruin millions of souls, while the true and unpretentious Church of Christ , the Orthodox Church is , the ONLY WAY
>>
>>134342538

Thank you for your thoughts.
Yeah, the filioque ... whether the Holy Spirit comes from God or from God and the Son ... I don't know .... as "mildly educated layman" so to speak, I'm in no position to judge anyway ... but is it THAT important ? Semantics ? I know the Eastern catholics place very strong emphasis on how the filioque is ... bad ... to say it nice.

However, all lamentation won't do shit if I don't get my ass up and don't go to service and involve a priest in a discussion.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For now, thank all of you which bothered answering to my rants/concerns.
I'm sure I'll return in no time with more questions, because I'm pretty much imbecile when it comes to faith and the Church.
>>
>>134328296
Thank you anon, God bless you. I just prayed my first rosary.
>>
>>134343787
>is it that important?
I sometimes wonder the same. But in case you didn't knew this, in the 15th century, a bit before the Turks conquered Constantinople, the Byzantines sent a huge delegation to the council of Ferrara, of over 700 people including the Byzantine Emperor.

Their objective was to reunite the two churches, and unite Christendom against the Turks. The other issues agreed on, the only demand was for the Greeks to accept the filioque. They said no.
If it was more important to them than surviving the Turks, I can't make light weight of it.

Also, if you were taught that "the fall of Constantinople spurred the Renaissance because Byzantine philosophers fled to Italy", it's a fabrication. Constantinople was destroyed and depopulated by the time it fell. It was thanks to the Council of Ferrarra that the greatest minds of the Byzantine Empire came in contact with the Italian cities.
>>
>>134344599
For the portuguese brothers:
http://www.igrejacatolica.org/como-rezar-o-rosario/
>>
File: Stop looking at me Paddy cunt.jpg (24KB, 358x450px) Image search: [Google]
Stop looking at me Paddy cunt.jpg
24KB, 358x450px
>blocks your idolatry
>>
>>134342274

You don't necessarily need a rosary, but I would advise it, it just makes it easier to say...

Here is an article on Fatima:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/saint.php?n=485
>>
>>134344944
*teleports under your parliament*
>>
>>134345393
Guy Fawkes had nothing to do with Cromwell.
>>
>>134342897

We're not trying to argue that Mary created the Word, the Son of God. We're saying gave birth to Him.

The term is "God bearer". She gave birth to God the Son and bore Him, but of course, God the son preceded Mary, and Mary was created by Him.

When we say "Mother of God", we're affirming that Jesus Christ as man cannot be separated from Jesus Christ as God.

"Mother of God" was declared in the 4th century I believe... Mary did give birth to God, therefore she is the mother of God.
>>
>>134343244

The Bishop of Rome always had primacy. Peter was the head of the Apostles, you mean to say that this leadership role didn't proceed via apostolic succession?
>>
File: guadalupe-aparicion.jpg (154KB, 768x976px) Image search: [Google]
guadalupe-aparicion.jpg
154KB, 768x976px
>>134335057
>She has perfect unity with the trinity...
>
>Daughter of God the Father
>Spouse of God the Holy Spirit
>Mother of God the Son
woah this just blew my mind
God bless
>>
>>134344787

Will read into it - the Ferrara councl - thanks.
Maybe one more thing: I think that I heard at some point (or read somewhere) that the RCC likes to put emphasis on philosophical measures and reasons to contemplate - as "spiritual (or more: philosophical) offpsring of the Greek and Roman philosophers" whereas the Eastern Christians tend to call everything incomprehensible a mere mystery. I hope I didn't mess that up with something else now.

I should really just go to a priest, because my thoughts and questions seem to not be (too) structured at all for some reason.
Guess I'm just deeply confused. I just want to serve God right and preserve Europe and its culture and identity really ...
>>
>>134346136
Another queen of the heavens post
>>
>>134345366

Thank you very much.
>>
>>134335736
just as with politics, you gotta get involved, get involved in a catholic parish, teach the truth, challenge the priest maybe you're the saint they need
when you remove yourself from rome by going orthodox or sede vacantist, you just become another protestant
>>
File: Mahaprabhu.jpg (203KB, 736x685px) Image search: [Google]
Mahaprabhu.jpg
203KB, 736x685px
You can also chant the hare krsna mahamantra which is non different from God himself

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna
Krsna Krsna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
>>
>>134345836
Honestly, I don't think that the "Mother of God" debate is that important doctrinally, but my issue is the veneration of Mary to God-like status, even though Jesus de-emphasizes his mother several times in the Bible, and the idea that Mary is in closer connection to God in heaven and so on. I just don't think that it's scriptural.

In Luke 11:27 and 28, a woman starts venerating Mary and saying how blessed she is, but Jesus responds like this:

>But he said, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!”

Do you believe that Mary remained a virgin? I'm just curious since I never speak to Catholics in real life, they are very rare in Sweden.
>>
>>134337180
this, it is our job to keep the church in check, volunteer to give religious talks on baptism, the sacraments, learn your theology and pray, when we stand back with arms crossed and hope someone else fixes this mess, then we become cowardly cucks
>>
>>134335736
>Even worse, all the shitty popmusic in the services and all the blatant modernity which dilutes the worship so much ...
Find a church which holds a regular Latin Mass.
Also what kind of pop music during the service? Guitar and shit? I didn't think the Catholic church in the West is so cucked, even our novus ordo Hungarian liturgy consists of songs with Gregorian and folk-influence.
>>
>>134346666
No. Get out and take your satanic filth with you.
>>
>>134346570

I see. Thank you. But I wish Benedict wouldn't have resigned - and not just because he was German ;D. Wonder what happened behind the scenes.
>>
>>134347688
Afaik he has written about a gay lobby in the Vatican which he managed to uncover and stop during his reign. Judging by our current Pope he didn't and he most likely got blackmailed to resign.
>>
>>134347889
>he most likely got blackmailed to resign.

This desu. The infiltrators' roots go too deep I fear.
>>
>>134346666
fitting that you got satanic tripless and another 6 for your heresy

captcha:
>gabriel ring
>>
>>134346163

You have the right spirit. God is certainly calling you! Catholic thought is often forged by the great Saint Thomas Aquinas who adapted Aristotilian philosophy and applied it to God.

I would say there is a lot of truth to the Greek philosophers, the early church fathers certainly lenses credence to it by saying Christ was actually the "logos" that these men were philosophising about.

I think going to a good priest is a great idea. Again, try and locate a FSSP church in your area, that's the Priestly Fraternity of Saint Peter. They are traditional Catholics and practice the Laton Mass.

God bless friend
>>
>>134346779
Mary did hear the word of God and believed it. The angel Gabriel told Mary that she would bear the Christ and Mary said, "Let it be done unto me according to thy word"

Then Mary visited her cousin Elizabeth and the Holy Ghost inspired Elizabeth to say that Mary was the Mother of her Lord. Thus scripture proclaims that Mary is the Mother of God.

Scripture also proclaimed that "Behold a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel." -- So Mary was prophesied to remain a virgin even after bearing the Christ.

We can see that Mary had dedicated herself to being a virgin before Gabriel appeared to her. When told that she would bear Christ, Mary asked, "How shall this be done, because I know not man?"

At the time, Mary was already espoused to Joseph, and she obviously knew where babies come from. If Mary was not a dedicated virgin, then it might be natural for her to have assumed that she and Joseph would conceive of Jesus. Mary's question shows that she was planning on remaining a spotless virgin, which was fitting an proper for the Mother of God.
>>
File: 9ddb3b1be8902c6baa06b4ac3da4fd45.jpg (131KB, 537x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9ddb3b1be8902c6baa06b4ac3da4fd45.jpg
131KB, 537x1024px
>>134346015
No folks anon, no, that catholic bulshit, the filioque as germaon is said because it smashed the catholic church completely by injecting heresy for the first time.

Besides the 3rd secret od Fatima says it clearly that the Church is in its Great Apostacy.

Hoponto the Orthodox bandwagon folks, and see the light fot thr first time.

>>134346163
Well not very much, just don't forget that the world of heavens is made of mysteries. I don't know how catholics rationalize them, but whatever seems to put the 'spiritual law' into movement is called a mystery in Orthodoxy.

>>134348196
I would suggest he rather finds an Orthodox one and spares himself.
>>
>>134347483

Yes. You know our gov. TV station provides a service every sunday - half of the time catholic and half of the time protestant, and once per year (that is: when Eastern Lent ends) an orthodox service (afair always russian orthodox). Sometimes ecumenic services as well.
Now, seeing the protestant services ... ugh ... no thanks. That is even worse. But also the catholics use not only choir and organ but guitar (though I don't think every bit of guitar music is bad even in a service ... if played the right thing at the right time), whole bands with bass and so one, with trumpets and I don't know what. And they're singing some of the old prayer songs "reinterpreted" but also completely new completely mundane faggotry. As I said in my first post: Apart from my political stance, all the profanity in the liturgy is UNWORTHY being called worship. I know the church is modernizing for the sake of attracting young people. But why the fuck do they have to destroy what is meant to appeal to the literal Divine ? I don't understand ... there are a trillion other opportunities ... but ... sorry. I just .. don't know
>>
>>134346779

>>134346779

Mary is the one who heard the word of God and kept it.

"Be it done unto me according to thy Word"

Mary says "all generations will call me blessed." Jesus was not rebuking or disagreeing with what the woman had said.

It is right to call Mary blessed.

Of course she has a closer relationship with Jesus and the trinity than us. She suffered with Him on the cross too, I don't understand how anyone can deny the special role of Mary.

But no, Mary is not a Godess or divine. But she is our spiritual Mother and will lead us to her Son, God, Jesus Christ.

"behold thy mother" Jesus said to "one of His disciples" on the cross. This did not just mean this one disciple was now the Son of Mary. This was one of the last things Jesus said; it was of paramount importance.
>>
>>134348326
Then why does the Bible mention Jesus' siblings so many times? And even the Catholic version of the Bible says that Joseph did not consummate his marriage with Mary UNTIL she had given birth to her (first-born, according to some translations) son, which implies both that she did have sexual intercourse with Joseph after Jesus was born, and that she had other children. I don't see any theological reason either for why Mary would have remained a virgin after giving birth to Jesus.

As far as Elizabeth declaring Mary the "Mother of her Lord", what particular passages are those?

I'm seriously not trying to be confrontational, but I just keep finding things that are contrary to what my own perception is, whenever I talk to Catholics.
>>
>>134348359

The Fatima apparition was to Catholics. Like most apparitions.

Many fathers have said the Holy Spirit proceeds "from the Father through the Spn", or "from the Father by way of the Son", or "From the Father and the Son".

Loads of saint have affirmed this. Jesus and God the Father share the same spirit.

Jesus Himself says in Acts that He will send the Holy Spirit down after He leaves.
>>
>>134348526
I understand your contempt for that modernist crap, its a serious step backwards from Gregorian or the likes of Bach. I've been to Catholic Youth Camps as a kid, I've always felt aversion to those "Jesus loves you" guitar songs they used to make us sing.
>>
>>134348326
Mary was not the Mother of God that is not a biblical teaching God has no creator, If you dont believe me listen to Jesus

>While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him. Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee. But he answered and said unto him that told him, WHO IS MY MOTHER? and who are my brethren? And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For WHOEVER SHALL DO THE WILL OF MY FATHER which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and MOTHER.

Matthew 12:46-50
>>
>>134348526

...in my opinion, of course. If it was heresy, the priests would prolly restrain from using all the "modern stuff".
>>
>>134349018
There are multiple mentions of Jesus' brothers. Jesus said His brothers are those who do the will of the Father. There are no "siblings".
>>
>>134349018
Also: http://catholicstraightanswers.com/did-jesus-have-blood-brothers-and-sisters/
>>
>>134349722
You're right but apply this logic all the way he has no mother either for as he said

>For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and MOTHER.
>>
>>134331006
Saint Pius X, what a pope!
>>
I don't want to see any U.S.A. flags in this thread.
>>
File: 0-151-michael-korolev.jpg (66KB, 488x345px) Image search: [Google]
0-151-michael-korolev.jpg
66KB, 488x345px
>>134349329
Well You really shouldn't brag because apparitions on Mt. Athos are quite frequent , so much so as they are taken as granted. So Fatima said it clearly, the Great Apostasy. It is a fallacy to claim the filioque as matter of fact, rememeber that the father, son and spirit are not same but are one but it's an invention by catholics, seen nowhere else.

>>134349334
That's because it's brainwashing and it feels like it.

>>134350396
posts in US :)
>>
>>134349931
And His mother DID the will of the Father. Also, on the cross, Jesus said "This is your son" to Mary, and said to John "this is your mother".

Protestants don't understand this because of "muh sola scriptura" (which they don't study) and will complain about Mary - often bitching about the "Mother of God" part. Of course Mary was the Mother of God, this in no way says Mary created God, only that she gave birth to God in the flesh. Why are protties so dense?
>>
What worth is there in saints?
>>
>>134350541
>>134328296

Out of curiosity: Does the RCC recognize the annual miracle of the holy fire ?
>>
File: St_Bernadette_incorruptable.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
St_Bernadette_incorruptable.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>134328296
Thank you my good friend. My prayers have been heard now that I see this post on this part of 4chan.

>Be me
>pray rosary
>with devotion
>miraculous changes in my life
>the most beautiful thing that has happened to me.

Each and every one reading my message. I dare you to start praying the rosary. Even if you have fallen away in the hellish teachings of evolution or atheism. Those things are of man, the the graces one receives after having fervor in prayer is not of this world.

"If I could stand for a year on the top of a high mountain, I would verily say: Oh people pray and pray !"
>>
>>134351089
Their lives provide examples about how individuals from kings to beggars, from warriors to doctors can live a life which pleases God. Some of them has very entertaining backstories and there are a few absolute /pol/-tier ones.
He is my favourite one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Capistrano
>Scourge of the Jews
>Kebab remover
>charges into the Ottoman camp leading his rag-tag band of crusaders (many of them Orthodox peasants afaik) holding a cross and a sword in his hands at the age of 70
>>
>>134351844
>Between 1451 and 1453, his fiery sermons against Jews persuaded many southern German regions to expel their entire Jewish population, and in Silesia, then Kingdom of Bohemia, at Breslau some were burned at the stake

Based
>>
>>134351267
I think yes but it only gets lit if the Orthodox Bishop enters ^^. The importance of the mysteries is this. Not everything is a theological treatise I mean it's fine but somethings are beyond that.
>>
>>134328296
What if I just wait until I'm on my deathbed and pray the rosary to be saved then?
>>
>>134350541
>posts in US :)
You know what I mean, Anon.
>>
>>134352742
I kno broanon jk
>>
>>134351267

I cannot speak to that my friend
>>
>>134328296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KeELLDpLuY
bump
>>
>>134351267
No official stance on it. There are some sceptics (just as amongst the ranks of the Orthodox), and some of them, including ones who have witnessed it personally are convinced that it's authentic.
>>
>>134351447

God bless you! I too have had my life change so much since praying the Rosary.

I encourage you to enroll in "the confraternity of the Holy Rosary", it's free and you get to pray with many people.

Keep up the habit everyday, until you say all three mysteries per day, joyful, sorrowful, and glorious. I would stick to those original ones and avoid them added luminous ones.

"The Secret of the Rosary" is also a fantastic book

God bless you again
>>
>>134352663
Lutheran-tier.
>>
>>134352663
Maybe you could just pray the sinner's prayer? Once you say that and say "God is my savior" aren't you saved? Isn't that what Protestants actually believe?
>>
>>134352459
>>134352860
>>134353076

I see, thank you.
>>
>>134352062
That is a good point as long as you take every word literally for its meaning in english. The word "woman" in aramaic means "madam". Jesus wouldn't treat His devoted sinless mother as just another woman.
>>
File: [en]image1.png (96KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
[en]image1.png
96KB, 360x540px
>>134354172
>>134353076
The are no scepticks among the Orthodox because whoever comes back from a pilgrimage on Easter tells all his friends that was extraordinary what took place before them . Some say but the Catholics are corrupt , why do they get miracles too, well some catholics are very pure and devout , like Orthodox saints but that's their own merit , Orthodoxy has much miracleworking because their faith is unadulterated and recommended from me, esp. if it is to flee a disintegrating church.
>>
Daily reminder that Catholicism isn't Christianity. It's man made garbage that ignores, or even completely goes against, everything Jesus said.
>>
>>134354983
Thats not true the original Greek translation of the word used in that verse for woman is "γυνή" which does mean women the original greek word for mother is 'μήτηρ' which was not used
>>
>>134355267
And Protestantism, created by Martin Luther 1500 years after Jesus existed, isn't man made?
>>
>>134355467
Well, protestantism sure isn't the original catholic faith handed to the apostles by Christ Himself. How about that?
>>
Time for sleep but good thread fellow Cathobong. Have a bump with how St. Francis De Sales said the rosary http://sspx.ca/en/how-pray-rosary-st-francis-de-sales
>>
>>134356331
What a coincidence, I'm watching a video that literally just mention St. Francis de Sales!
>>
File: Catholic-Controversy.jpg (24KB, 230x340px) Image search: [Google]
Catholic-Controversy.jpg
24KB, 230x340px
>>134356474
He's great. If you want to be able to refute 99% of Prod arguments, I strongly recommend pic related. He re-converted a town of 4000 people with these pamphlets
>>
File: IMG_2793.jpg (163KB, 867x584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2793.jpg
163KB, 867x584px
>>134339031
Our prayers are too unclean to be heard by God, so when our prayers pass through Mary's Immaculate Heart they are sanctified and suitable to be received by Him. That's Mary's role as Intercessor, Salvation can not be reached without her, because our crys and prayers are not heard without her.
>>
>>134328739
>average man in Europe 700 years ago was 5'8
Somewhat true but it dropped centuries later and varied from country to country
>average man in Europe is 6'0 today
Claptrap. I rarely see people who are 6'0, let alone taller than that. It also varies from country to country. The reason we are taller is better nutrition.
>>
>>134328296
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DElzVdas_vU
bump
>>
>>134335057
>many were not Catholics
Yep, tons of Protestants and Orthodox in rural Portugal in those days... What are you on about at all!?
>>
>>134357101
That was the topic of discussion around him! I will certainly look into it.
>>
>>134328296
idolatry and saint worship isn't Christian.
>>
>>134336860
as Angola was Portuguese...
>>
last bump for the night

Again, thank you for all your thoughts. God bless you and have a good night.
>>
>>134358475
night anon
>>
>>134349018
(Lk 1:41- 45) "And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to thee by the Lord."

-->Notice that the Holy Ghost through Elizabeth said that Mary was the Mother of her LORD; i.e. the Mother of God. Notice also that Mary is Blessed because she believed the word of God.

It is right and just for us to call Mary Blessed because the Holy Ghost declared it so:

(Lk 1:48 )
"[F]or behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed."

--Jesus desired that we should all pray to OUR MOTHER Mary:

(Jn 19:27) "After that, he saith to the disciple: Behold thy mother."

"brother" (Greek: adelphos) has a wide meaning in the Bible. It is not restricted to the literal meaning of a full brother or half-brother. Lot, for example, is called Abraham’s "brother" (Gen. 14:14), even though, being the son of Haran, Abraham’s brother (Gen. 11:26–28), he was actually Abraham’s nephew. Similarly, Jacob is called the "brother" of his uncle Laban (Gen. 29:15).

It was necessary that Mary be free from original sin because it would not be fitting for the Mother of God to have been a slave to the devil. Thus Mary was immaculately conceived. Scripture shows this as Gabriel declares:
(Lk 1:28)
"Hail, full of grace, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women."
--How could Mary be FULL OF GRACE if Jesus had not yet died on the cross? Nor had Mary yet even been informed that she would conceive of Christ.

Mary was full of grace because she had never been separated from God by the stain of sin.
>>
>>134345836
Theotokos/Bogoroditsa/«God-Bearer» is far better a term than the near blasphemous «Mother of God»
>>
>>134349341
It is God, the Holy Ghost who declared that Mary was the Mother of the Lord. Jesus Christ is both God and man. It is impossible to say that Mary was a mother of the man without saying that she is the mother of God.

It is true that Mary did not create God; Mary herself is a creature and is not God. God created Mary because God desired that we should have a mother.

Mary did the will of God:
"And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to thee by the Lord."

Notice also in your own quote that the protestant "faith alone" nonsense is refuted.
>>
>>134335736
Go where the holy spirit pulls you. It seems to be pulling you towards roman catholicism. Just find a trade church. Even eastern catholicism has its share of degeneracy like allowing divorce and contraception
>>
File: the-whore-of-babylon.jpg (338KB, 1826x492px) Image search: [Google]
the-whore-of-babylon.jpg
338KB, 1826x492px
>>134328296
The Rosary is not biblical.
Jeremiah 7:18 "The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger."

The Catholic Mary is just an old pagan idol under another name.
>>
File: 351534651.jpg (47KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
351534651.jpg
47KB, 400x400px
>you will be converted and saved, if--mark well my words--if you pray the Holy Rosary devoutly every day until death for the purpose of knowing the truth and obtaining contrition and forgiveness for your sins

Is she, dare I say, /ourlady/?
>>
>>134364384
I've read all the theological arguments ad infinitum but this, this clinched it for me. Ave Maria!
Thread posts: 136
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.