[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Farmers Market Scheme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: 465_56066f12c967e.jpg (63KB, 599x503px) Image search: [Google]
465_56066f12c967e.jpg
63KB, 599x503px
How hard is it to get into local farmers market? I went there once and saw people with overpriced crappy looking goods make money hand over fist? I'm convinced I could cook brownies for a day and sell it for 5$ a piece each and end up with some decent cash. So how hard is it to get into one of these things?
>>
Not hard. You literally just pay for a booth. Do you think making a few hundred bucks is "making money hand over fist"? How poor are you?
>>
100$? Walk up and ask how much a booth costs neet fag
>>
>live in rural area
>have had farmers roadside stands forever, long before it became trendy
>it was and still is cheaper than the grocery store
>>
>>133810684
>a few hundred bucks
It all depends on the quality and appeal of the merchandise, some people are very evidently making a lot more than that at these things.
>>
>>133810775
>>133810606
I'm studying for a useful degree and wouldn't mind making easy cash for the weekend. When I mean hand over fist, I mean better pay than minimum wage, because until I get my degree that's how much I am worth to most corporations.
>>
>>133810606
The people who go to farmers markets are well-to-do types looking to spend money, but they're also snobs that can taste bullshit and you'll go under fast if you try to get by with cheap goods. Unless you have something special you can do to the brownies (outside of CO lol) you'll get a few nibbles the first day but people will learn to avoid you and you'll go broke paying the fees to keep a booth.
Or you could, I dunno, have some dedication and apply yourself to creating an attractive product? Your pic makes it seem like you don't have much going on in your life and people with booths at farmers markets tend to be some of the more happy and fulfilled people I see in my week.
>>
>farmers market
>brownies
What the actual fuck, anon
What. The. Fuck.
>>
>>133810606
you could sell rare pepes
>>
>>133810927
I would actually put in actual quality for my product, this post was just to ask how easy it was to get into these things.
>>
>>133810946
I saw some guy selling the weirdest strudel I have ever seen at one of these. Brownies was just a good I threw out. Somewhat Hyperbolic. I would sell something actually better.
>>
>>133811060
Not hard, just talk to the organizers. Most markets have a website these days. gl hf
>>
File: Fishmouth.jpg (174KB, 586x751px) Image search: [Google]
Fishmouth.jpg
174KB, 586x751px
>Pepe's free-range organic vegan transgendered refugee menstrual blood brownies
>only 10 shekels each
>>
File: 1495686501301.png (51KB, 585x470px) Image search: [Google]
1495686501301.png
51KB, 585x470px
Sell merchant t-shirts op, say you're an israeli art student and you painted your great uncle in different forms.
>>
>>133811252
I was looking at some websites, and I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some bug catch I was missing. Like its hard to get into or something. Thanks though, if I apply myself I think I can do well.
>>
>>133810606
>>>/biz/
>>
>>133810606
You need a gimmick my dude. What is some easily accessible fruit, berry or nut your immediate region is know for? Take that and combine it with something else. Take your brownies and add "organic wild-picked/harvested" let's say apples for example. Apple-brownies. Sounds good as fuck and cons people into believing there's some regional twist to it.
>>
>>133810606
Not very, but depending on how popular it is the vendor license can be pretty spendy so you'll need to sell a shit load of brownies to make it worth your time. I've known some people who hung out near a farmers market and sold shitty hippy "jewelry" and made okay money. Notable however, these people were and still are homeless so I wouldn't count on anything.
>>
>>133811389
It's got to be more subtle if I do something like that.
>>
>>133811450
He could be the autistic guy who makes those really good brownies.
>>
Mother fucking brownies.
BROWNIES
>brownies
Jesus fucking tap dancing Christ
B
R
O
W
N
I
E
S
>>
>>133810606
We all know you're never actually going to follow through with this plan. I don't care how many jordan peterson lectures you've watched
>>
>>133811451
Right, this would be just a part time thing, will definitely have to find out the prices on this thing.
>>133811413
>implying I trust the people on /biz/
>>133811450
That's a great idea tbqh. As long as I can make it taste good I am sure that idea would sell.
>>133811517
I could be that too
>>
*alleniversonvoice*
>we talkin bout brownies man
>not farm shit
>not food you grow
>not farming
>we talking about brownies, man
>what're we talking about
>we're talking about brownies
>>
>>133811578
I have never watched him. I think if the vendor fee is low enough I could try this once. If it succeeds, I will do it again.
>>
>>133811538
>>133811782
knock it off, reddit
>>
>>133811948
Brownies
>>
>>133810902
You in a legal state? Grow some pot to sell to some arthritis patient. Learn to make Rick Simpson oil and sell that. You can make a bit for your time and they save a bit buying from you.
>>
>>133810606
My aunt has buying vegetables cheap at walmart for like 3 years and reselling for triple the price at a farmers market claiming they are organic.
>>
>>133812120
Smart aunt
>>
>>133812120
Has she ever come close to getting in trouble for that?
>>
>>133812361
not as far as I know. She lives on the coast of NC. She started off legit, but then said fuck it.
>>
Pretty easy if you have something to sell, store brought brownie mix isn't going to catch people's attention though, you need something "organic" or "rustic" to catch the attention of people there. My housemate sell turnovers and cobblers made from berries and peaches from their parents property for extra pocket money, another does honey and raw beeswax which can be used for candles and such, and a 3rd sells fucking planks of wood which he's barley worked as cutting and smoking boards.
You do have to pay for a spot though so at first if you only have one product and you don't know how it will be received it may be better work out a deal to get payed commission from someone who already has established themselves there and have them sell it in your stead, you won't make much at all that way but it will also cost you nothing other than time.
>>
>>133811721
No problem. If all else fails tho, go with honey as an ingredient. People are all concerned about bees going extinct or in great decline and if you say you get your honey from some out of state bee keeper and buying your product helps keep him in business, that's another good way to sucker people in. At the end of the day that's what all the farmer's market is getting people to believe that they're getting some organic product with a cause or area-supporting thing behind it and paying 2-3x market value for it
>>
File: 1386318441599.png (7KB, 208x243px) Image search: [Google]
1386318441599.png
7KB, 208x243px
>>133811389
I like this idea, but you would need a solid fake Jew identity to get away with it . Or you could just sell super abstract merchants.
>>
>>133812700
Holy shit, imagine caramelized apple brownies with a honey center. HNNNGGHHHH
>>
>>133812700
Another good idea. One market by me costs 20$ a week. I might go with that
>>
>>133812553
Cobbler sounds a lot more "authentic" than brownies. If I can work some local honey in there, I might have something here. It would all be organic of course.
>>133812453
nice
>>
>>133811333
>tfw I have a mouth like that and other shit that's been """linked""" to liberalism like poor eyesight
God fucking damn it, why's everyone gotta be so shallow?
>>
>>133814513
>>
>>133810606
>$5 a piece
Are you jewish?
>>
>>133815825
If I have to live in a Jew world I may as well make money.
>>
>>133812011
Not the farm, brownies
>>
File: 1493289856454.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
1493289856454.png
88KB, 568x548px
>Die
>Somehow wake up in a black void
>Somehow become a God
>Create a computer so I can shitpost and fuck around on the livings Internet in my comfy void
>Wake up
>>
File: GoodJob.jpg (232KB, 625x464px) Image search: [Google]
GoodJob.jpg
232KB, 625x464px
>live innawoods
>nearest “town” is 8 miles away
>pop. 382
>Califag refugees move in a few years ago
>butch broad, lisping husband, pretty much what you’d expect
>cunt throws some seeds in the front yard of their rental house
>they grow
>”OMGWTFBBQ!! we be farmers an sheeit!!!”
>they beg owner of the general store to let them start a farmer’s market in a corner of his parking lot
>next weekend
>Califags set up some patio furniture
>in the MIDDLE of the lot
>they have 6 pints of (((organic, heirloom, free-trade tomatoes))) for sale for the low, low price of $10 a pint
>plus some weird, rainbow colored, pot pipes hubbie makes out of Sculpy
>no one gives a shit
>except the guy trying to drive his backhoe up to the gas pumps these fucks were blocking
>they reluctantly move into the corner
>don’t sell shit
>they still set up the next weekend
>old retired vet thinks this is a fine idea
>parks his truck next to their table
>drops the tailgate and puts some reloaded ammo, jerky, taxidermied critters, and a few pineapple grenades that he “thinks won’t go off” up for sale
>Califags throw a fit
>tell him he has to pay them to rent a space to sell his shit
LOL. No.
>general store owner tells them that it’s his property and anyone is welcome
>they try to sell their crap for 2 more weekends and then give up
>mfw old vet is still there every weekend
>except now, he has added moonshine and homemade explosives to his inventory

$20 for 50 rounds of .44 and a quart of booze that also works as carburetor cleaner is one hell of a bargain.
>>
>>133814513
Just shut your mouth. Every now and then, just check if your mouth is hanging open and shut it.
>>
I go to the farmers market for the hot guys
>>
>>133810606

lived in far north georgia.... lazy fuckin' southerners... they'd set up roadside stands to sell tomatoes. they'd put up a sign saying homegrown tomatoes, the floridiots would just eat that shit up while the local would be pulling tomatoes out of a tomato produce box from the local grocery store.
>>
>>133810606
>tfw selling shitty done in 5 minutes art pieces for $20 a pop at these places
Old people just buy whatever
>>
>>133816909
That's what makes these thing profitable.
>>
>>133813094

The only way you could feasibly do that is inject the honey into the brownie post-bake...brb, making some brownies.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.