[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please convert me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 86

File: JesusOrthodox.jpg (89KB, 466x720px) Image search: [Google]
JesusOrthodox.jpg
89KB, 466x720px
I am an atheist. I believe in traditionalism. I believe in the Christian West being a bulwark against barbarian hordes of the East. But I cannot convert to Christianity because I simply don't believe in the whole 'help the poor' thing

I am, at heart, a believer in Natural Selection...that those who won't help themselves ought to perish. I feel Christianity is corrupting that because it says to help the disadvantaged. When people say that wanting harsh border measures against illegals and denying refugees is against Christianity I can't help but agree

That being said, I know that the Crusades happened. I know the Spanish Inquisitions happened. I know Christianity has been based in the past. I am sure I am getting modern Christianity through tie-dye lenses of some weirdo pacifist preachers and that Christ really wouldn't want to help refugees

What I am asking of you, /pol/, is this: Can you convert me? I really want to believe and become righteous. I hate degeneracy and believe in Western Civilization but I have no guidance on this issue. Please redpill me
>>
>>133077467
>I feel Christianity is corrupting that because it says to help the disadvantaged.
Yeah, is a virtue called misericordy. Is more easy to be a nihilistic retard who dont care about other people.

Also, since when being poor is natural selection? you can be poor and inteligent or a good person. And you can be rich and a retard.
>>
File: IMG_0735.png (84KB, 887x496px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0735.png
84KB, 887x496px
>>133077467
>>
>>133077467
>When people say that wanting harsh border measures against illegals and denying refugees is against Christianity I can't help but agree
Except that's not Christian. Simply because we are Christian does not mean we have to accept non-assimilating economic migrants who hate us. Don't fall for the liberal """Christian""" memes. There are better ways to help people in need besides simply bringing them to Europe. That does not solve the problem
>>
>>133078333
>delete your tumblr and do not visit Buzzfeed
You should do that no matter what creed.
>>
File: 1485906817874.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485906817874.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>>133077467
I'll bite on this one OP

Jesus said, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16).

We need to be smart and think. There is nothing wrong with defending yourself as long as the reasons are correct. Love thy neighbor. Well, if all the Muslim nations in the Middle East practiced this, then Europe wouldn't have to deal with this refugee crisis would they? Dubai is probably one of the richest cities in the world, it's right there in the Middle East, yet why aren't they doing anything about the refugee problem? Same with Saudi Arabia.

In the Muslim religion, they teach "hate thy enemy." This is why even to this day, Shia and Sunni Muslims kill each other. They have been at war killing each other for hundreds of years.

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge (Hosea 4:6a). The people of Europe and in the West have long forsaken God and His Ways. They were the ones legalizing gay marriage and abortion, nowhere else in the world. It is fitting that God judges the West for what they have done. Go take a look in the mirror and remove the plank that is in your own eye. If the West would simply humble themselves, repent of their sins, and turn back to God and seek His Face, then God would heal their land and the people.
>>
>>133077467
I'll humour you. Don't be bait.

(1/2)

You must first remember that what you think Christianity is and what it actually is are two very different things. The eternal church has seen many things in it's time. Christianity is also a religion comfortable in apparent contradictions. You say that Christianity has a help-the-poor thing, but it also says:
>For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat."
So why the apparent contradiction? What's going on here? Is this Paul on another one of his super-liberal misogynist rants?

As it turns out, looking at things at a surface level only produces confusion and so we must look deeper into the issue to find the actual answer. In this instance, the issue is about virtue. It is about being at core a good person. When a good person walks along and sees a poor man, what would he do? What does the Good Samaritan do? Cursory assistance, a friendly word and maybe some food or something is apparently the answer. But what if the poor man is a leech? Ha! Checkmate Christcucks, your pathetic Jew religion has failed you!
But Paul also tells us that he who does not work shall not eat. In this instance, the good man is instructed to be wise:
>I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
This is Jesus, btw.
So if you see a poor man, and you help him with some clothing or food, and he abuses your help then it is obvious that he should not be helped any longer - in fact he should be rebuked and corrected, or at least his leeching behaviour be made apparent to any who would help him, until the poor man changes his tune.
>>
>>133080582

(2/2)

The Bible is not a play-by-play guidebook to every situation one will experience in life. It cannot be read as such. The deeper ethical issues must be considered and the books and canon must be taken as a whole. Otherwise you end up with strange absurdities like people adopting Africans and others denying biological realities.
This is why Christianity is associated with events past, such as the Inquisition and The Crusades. How could these people justify their actions when Jesus commands us to turn the other cheek? Well that's the wrong question. What does he mean when he says that? What context is he speaking in? Is the person striking his cheek a neighbour, angry at something petty or is he a foreign invader hell-bent on destroying everything you hold dear? Is he a Jewish subversive attempting to turn people away from Christ and sacrifice them to Moloch?
What must be considered is the deeper ethical issues, and Christianity tells us that we know the answers to these instinctively. God's Law is written on our hearts, after all. Those specific instances of calling people to help the poor are therefore encouragement and cajoling to help us along to follow God's Law. To listen to it, as it is written on our hearts.

You say your block with Christianity is Natural Selection, but it appears your block is more semantic pedantry and memetic narrative than actual substance. You seem to understand this at some point yourself, with your admiration of instances of virtuous defense proclaimed in Christs' name. What must be understood is that Christ as banner-lord is what Christianity advocates. He is the conquerer king who defeated death itself, proclaiming salvation and peace for all who follow him. He is the ultimate general, able to drive his men towards perfect victory, with naught a casualty. Christs' men are Supernaturally Selected, if I may.
>>
>>133078515
Ever having one is a big redflag.
>>
>>133077467
>>Shroom until you hit ego-death
"Afterlife" isn't exactly what they say it is.
>>
File: 32(73).jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
32(73).jpg
45KB, 600x600px
A righteous thread indeed.
>>
Stefan? Is that you? If so, you have no idea how much more I could trust you if you believed in God. And Christianity no less? I'd vote for you if you ran.
>>
File: jesus-and-peter.jpg (428KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jesus-and-peter.jpg
428KB, 1024x768px
Believe in the Gospel, OP. Believe in the Resurrection. Believe that Christ lived and died and lived again, and that through Christ you may attain eternal life in union with the Father. Believe that Christ died for us, and that Christ is God, and therefore wants what is best for us, his friends.
>>
Believe in your race, not a false God.
>>
>>133077467

stay away from religion. (and whether you admit it or not atheism is a religion too)
>>
>>133077467
Op, Jesus died and then an imposter pretended to be him back from the dead. Jesus was a self-important hobo who was brainwashed by his mother.
>>
>>133077467
youtube 'kent hovind seminar'

but keep in mind this is a serious redpill and it will change you forever
>>
Notice that Jesus told his disciples to go out to the ends of the earth spreading the good news, not bring everyone here and convert them. He was a kind and gentle man, but he was God, so if God would support smart immigration policies, so would Jesus.
>>
>>133077467

Marxism is destroying every community from the inside. We as western society must protect ourselves against marxist indoctrinations and Islam ideology. Those values tries to control people with fear, shame and violence. Crushing every form of 'The Self, The Individual. They see you nothing more then a slave or a nonbeliever. Because of absent of a better alternative is Christianity our only barrier to protect ourselves against marixsm and the Islam. Christianity can unite people together as a group with Christian values, values what the western society is build on. Without Christianity the western society as we know it would collapse and marxism and the Islam has room to take its place instead. Don't be foolish to think you can battle those ideologies alone with only believing in yourself. They are with many and you stand no chance against them and neither do you stand a chance against Christianity. Better join the fight now then beeing too late.
>>
>>133082775
Read the case for faith then come back here
>>
>>133077467
You are looking at it from the wrong direction. Dont ask yourself "why should i give people things", ask "why should i keep these things i have?"

At various points in the past it was not uncommon for people to literally give away all their possessions and go and become a beggar. Some of the greatest saints did this.

Humility is the most important virtue.
>>
Please don't fall for it. Your desire to believe this is basic wishful thinking.

Jesus told his followers that some of them would not taste death until they saw his 2nd coming. (attested in Matthew, Mark, and Luke...it's literally "gospel")

When it became obvious that all of his contemporary followers in fact had died, people began to ask questions.

2nd Peter 3 made a lame attempt to answer this question, saying:

"They will say, 'Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.' ... But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

The obvious problem with this is that Peter is essentially straight out saying Jesus was flat-out lying to his followers when he said some of them would not taste death before witnessing his 2nd coming.

Why on earth would the Bible conclude that Jesus lied? At least the Jehovah's Witnesses attempt to explain this away by declaring that Jesus DID come back in 1914 (for some reason) and it's just that nobody noticed (an absolute impossibility considering the absolute cataclysm that is to accompany the 2nd coming according to the Bible.)

Thus the fundamental dilemma. Either Jesus lied, as 2nd Peter 3:4-7 says, OR Jesus failed to predict his own 2nd coming accurately. Either answer is incompatible with being God and the Son of God.
>>
The only reasonable conclusion is that Jesus was a fraud and his millions of followers believe in an obvious lie. The Bible itself gives all the needed proof.

Also, much of the Bible was very clearly written AFTER 70 AD. So why on earth did the actual writers of the Bible, who were divinely inspired by God, FAIL to mention that the 2nd coming already happened? The fact that the Bible writers who lived after 70AD failed to mention that the 2nd coming already happened is proof that this "2nd coming happened in 70 AD" is completely moot and without merit, and not even worth considering.
>>
File: 1480931904858.jpg (134KB, 573x591px) Image search: [Google]
1480931904858.jpg
134KB, 573x591px
>>133082775
Even if you could prove Jesus rose from the dead, you would still deny Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came in the flesh and was slain to absolve you of all your sins.

Jesus said to him, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen, and have yet believed.” (John 20:29)
>>
"Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place." (Matthew 24: 25-34)

"Even so, you too, when you see these things happening, recognize that He is near, right at the door. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place" (Mark 13:26-30)

"So you also, when you see these things happening, recognize that the kingdom of God is near. Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all things take place." (Luke 21:27-32)

It is so obviously and indisputably apparent that Jesus was honestly assuring his followers at the time that the end of all things and the judgement and the 2nd coming of Christ into his kingdom would occur DURING THEIR LIFETIMES.

The fact that this didn't happen makes Jesus either a FAILED PROPHET or a FRAUD. FYI numbsculls...your savior who follows God's LAW can NOT be a liar and can NOT fail to predict his own second coming. Can't happen! For this reason alone, it only takes three brain cells rubbed together to realize Christianity can't possibly be true.

It's all there in black and white. Literally anyone who has attained the ability to read words can figure this one out. Christians have been trying for almost 2,000 years to explain this one away, and have failed at every turn. Even later New Testament writers tried to give an answer for this embarrassment (see 2 Peter 3:8) but the explaination only served to show that "Jesus as failed prophet" is a devastasting problem, which as I've said, Christians have not overcome yet, and never will by this point. It's GAME OVER.
>>
2nd Peter 3:4 - 7
They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." ... But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

A bunch of stuff Jesus said only makes sense in this light. Give no thought for the morrow...don't worry about your clothing or food...sell everything you own and give the money to the poor...abandon your friends and family if they don't also follow Jesus...don't resist an evil person...all of these lines confused me until I realized you have to read them in the context that Jesus was telling people that the end literally was at hand, and that some of them would personally witness it go down. But we're still here, so either Jesus was a failed prophet or he was a liar, or he was a lunatic.
>>
>>133083308
>Crushing every form of 'The Self, The Individual.
Its more complicated then that...
>>
>>133078215
IQ is correlated to economic outcomes. If intelligence is what we are proud of and what separates us from animals, and IQ indicates intelligence well enough, then what do we get? Poor people are worth less, aggregated, than say, the middle class. I don't actually believe being poor is enough to be written off as worthless, but people who are chronically poor because of their own decisions, decisions made in a time and place where it was reasonable for them to have gotten it right, they I feel no sympathy for.

Nietzsche was wrong about a lot and most of the rest depends on how you interpret his vague ramblings, but he was right about Christianity and slave morality. The rich will be made low, the meek shall inherit the earth. If it were simply virtue over status/wealth it'd be fine, but it seems that the current interpretation is that you get infinite chances in life at the cost of those who did the right things. The poor deserve help because they are poor, no virtue or practical considerations involved.
>>
>>133078215

Well statistically, IQ is a strong indicator of financial success. Good Christians try to raise their brethren up, however.
>>
File: 1468401932088.jpg (26KB, 402x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468401932088.jpg
26KB, 402x600px
>>133084014
>not reading the Bible in the Spirit
>>
>>133084140
>>
>>133077467
Christ never said to help the poor.
Christ said to be poor yourself.
That is antisemitic godtier.
>>
>>133084159
>attempting to weasel out of these clear promises allegedly made by Jesus himself. You call Jesus a liar.
>>
>>133083706
There are over two millenia of people whos entire purpose in life is scritinizing and arguing theology and trying to figure out exactly what is meant, and how to state it properly.

Entire schisms within the church have happened for centuries because some people, agreeing on what is meant, do not agree on how to properly state it to prevent future heretical interpretations.

Theology is a very fucking serious business and the practices and methods developed to argue it are literally the foundation of modern academia.

Yet every day random casual people with nothing but a cursory exposure to very basic ideas and rudimentary understanding stemming from things they have heard second hand claim to have discovered some blatantly obvious problem with a 2000 year old religion that somehow everyone has missed up till then and nobody has every adressed.

The thousands upon thousands of times each and every letter was painstakingly copied by hand, none of those monks ever noticed. The endless assaults against the faith by critics, some of them insidiously intellegent, never managed exploit what is obviously a fatal flaw that colapses the entire structure of the religion.

No, it took till just now for someone to do it, on 4chan of all palces.

For every theological question you have, there are entire volumes of people who have spent their entire lives analyzing it. The first reaction when you come up with something that seems a little odd should be to google it and see what is really being said and really meant.
>>
>>133083706
Matthew 24. The event Jesus said was coming in his disciples lifetime did come. Read Flavius Josephus: The Jewish War to read historical account of the fulfillment of most of Revelation.

>http://www.sacred-texts.com/jud/josephus/war-6.htm
>>
File: 1484305237348.jpg (73KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1484305237348.jpg
73KB, 640x640px
>>133084236
>Christ said to be poor yourself.
No, you don't have to give up your stuff. You just have to give up the love of your stuff. Love God.

In fact, why was Job blessed so much and passed away, full of his years?

Same with Abraham.

Same with Isaac.

> And Isaac breathed his last and died and was gathered to his people, being old and full of days, and his sons Esau and Jacob buried him. (Genesis 35:29)

And ultimately, with Jesus Christ who ascended into Heaven and sits at the Right Hand of the Father.
>>
>>133084341
you are a moron. Did the stars fall from the sky onto earth? I wonder how you plan to demonstrate that this happened.
>>
File: 1479810039653.jpg (74KB, 619x671px) Image search: [Google]
1479810039653.jpg
74KB, 619x671px
>>133084303
At that time Jesus said, “I thank You, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to infants. Even so, Father, for it seemed good in Your sight.

“All things are delivered to Me by My Father, and no one knows the Son, except the Father. And no one knows the Father, except the Son and he to whom the Son will reveal Him. (Matthew 11:25-27)
>>
File: 1483968406942.jpg (31KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1483968406942.jpg
31KB, 400x600px
>>133084409
Jesus called a little child to Him and set him in their midst, and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like little children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself like this little child is greatest in the kingdom of heaven. (Matthew 18:2-4)
>>
>>133084132
>IQ is correlated to economic outcomes
Its a one way street.

Smart people who want money, will have a better chance at getting it than those who dont.

Not all smart people want money.

Its not a question about wealth but security.

>chances in life
For what? life has one purpose and you dont need money to obtain it, in fact money makes it more difficult.
>>
>>133084341
also you missed what I said earlier...much of the NT was written after 70AD, which means the authors of the NT would have actually been able to document that the events described by Jesus actually took place.. .BUT THEY DIDN'T! This is literally all anyone has to know about this question.
>>
>1 post by this ID
>>
>>133084409
The stars fall to earth every day as Michael (as the Sun) chases Lucifer (Venus) from the sky. And some incredible happenings were recorded by Josephus which you didn't even read and just assumed your holographic universe can't break laws of physics and never has.
>>
>>133084507
this is simply more of the typical Christian self-circular argument. "If you don't understand it, you weren't meant to."
>>
>>133083706

Whether he existed or not doesn't matter, what matters is his words work, all the other nonsense was added by Pagans and sun worshipping Luciferians from Babylon
>>
File: 1490112001615.jpg (58KB, 1500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1490112001615.jpg
58KB, 1500x625px
>>133084573
They were written with the force and power of the Holy Spirit. The 1st century church were filled with Spirit-filled Christians and God would communicate to them through a prophet back in those days.

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. (John 4:24)
>>
>>133084675
you are obviously a POE no normal person talks like this
>>
>>133084573
You have no evidence whatsoever for this baseless claim. At least two gospels were written in the 60s, the epistles from 45-54, and there is evidence dating the Revelation to 64AD.
>>
File: 1474997349030.jpg (47KB, 789x425px) Image search: [Google]
1474997349030.jpg
47KB, 789x425px
>>133084664
>"If you don't understand it, you weren't meant to."
If you keep sticking your chest out like that and don't humble yourself, then yes, you will never understand.

Everyone who is proud in heart is an abomination to the Lord; be assured, he will not be unpunished. (Proverbs 16:5)
>>
>>133084660
more bullshit, Jesus said the stars will fall onto earth, this didn't happen, your allegorical explanation is as weak as a sick kitten.
>>
I was actually talking to a friend of mine today who said he wanted to convert. He asked if Catholics specifically had any "neat" aspects to it. I asked what he meant by that, and he said basically how sikhs are able to carry around their dagger with them, the kirpan, if Catholics had anything like that. I said we can carry or wear rosary which I personally think is neat, we can have accessories blessed and we can obtain Holy water. I couldn't think of anything "neat" in his words.

Do us Christians, more specifically Catholics, have anything like the kirpans that sikhs have?
>>
>>133084378
>you don't have to give up your stuff. You just have to give up the love of your stuff. Love God.

Which is a lot more difficult to do while being surrounded by stuff.

The reason monks go off and live in monasteries is not because doing that confers any special bonus, but rather by being apart from the world, the world can less easily tempt you. The monks are taking the 'ounce of prevention' approach. While it would be possible to be virtuous while surrounded by all the immense evils of the world, you would need to be literally on the level of a major saint to accomplish that, and thinking you are is pretty much prelest.

The reason the church does not command you give up everything you own is because its not practical, remember christian morals are an unobtainable ideal.

When you start compromising those morals however, and say "well its actually ok for me to do these things..." because you cant be honest with yourself and admit you arent perfect, you are destined for gehenna.

Having a little and thinking you are ok is more dangerous for your soul than having a lot and admitting its a flaw.
>>
File: 1486164004601.png (19KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1486164004601.png
19KB, 625x626px
>>133084734
If you don't believe in the spiritual realm, that is your problem, and God will deal with you accordingly. I don't fault you though because many so-called Christians are either spiritually dead or baby Christians.

Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:5-8)
>>
>>133084805
What's this? Again you didn't read Josephus? Are you illiterate?
>>
>>133084515
>For what? life has one purpose and you dont need money to obtain it, in fact money makes it more difficult.
Introducing an assumption that relies upon your religion being true, in order to argue a point regarding your religion. That's called circular logic. You seem to be implying that there is some spiritual goal in life, but you won't be able to give me any reason to believe you aside from it being a part of a much larger ideology that is true (in your opinion).

Economic success is the most universal explicit desire that humans have. To use anything else as a measuring stick is silly. Also, your progress bar towards salvation isn't something you or I can enter values for and make a graph out of.

>Smart people who want money, will have a better chance at getting it than those who dont.
this is how I know you are totally ignorant of statistics or how you formulate a defense of something. You have no way of knowing why there is a correlation, just that the one quality humans value above all else is strongly correlated to economic success. It could be that being smart makes you more likely to want money and work for it. You don't know, I don't know, but it isn't even relevant to my point.
>>
>>133084806
Ironically, women have a leg up on men in this regard, since it's traditional Catholic practice for women to cover their heads during Mass, due to Saint Paul's words on the matter.

In all the very traditional, devout Catholic churches I've attended Mass at, you see lots of women covering their heads. Sometimes the church in question has veils on hand for women who don't have their own. And what's great is that you see a lot of young women, young people, willing to cover their heads. In America, at least, a lot of young Catholics are very conservative.
>>
>>133084764
I misspoke. The fact is that there were biblical books written after 70AD which clearly could have documented this. Either concede this point or parrot the normal apologist weasel explanation for why the post 70AD authors never mentioned it, or SHUT UP
>>
The west is better than the east for 2 reasons. Intelligence AND empathy. If we select hard for only intelligence we'll end up with lifeless automatons.
>>
If you want to believe, find a decent church and just go every Sunday. Going through the motions will eventually lead you there. Just like with any other part of life, you can "fake it till you make it"
>>
File: 1491351558171.jpg (73KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1491351558171.jpg
73KB, 768x576px
>>133084948
The WORD Stands: Burned Mystery Scroll Proves That The Bible is Unchanged for 2,000 Years

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/76104/miracle-technology-ancient-text-reveals-purity-biblical-tradition/

Incredible cutting-edge technology allowed archaeologists to finally read the contents of a burned 1,500-year-old scroll found near the Dead Sea in 1970. The remarkable discovery of verses from the Book of Leviticus, which matched, letter for letter, the Hebrew text still in use today, is the first instance of one of the Five Books of Moses ever found in a Holy Ark.

Studies based on historical handwriting placed it at either the first or second century CE. When the researchers read the digitally enhanced text, they discovered that all of the words and paragraph breaks were absolutely identical to the Torah text still used today.

“This is quite amazing for us. In 2,000 years, this text has not changed,” Emmanuel Tov, a participant in the study from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, told the Times of Israel,

“There are clear signs of continuity of tradition,” Professor Tov said in an interview with National Geographic. “It can’t be coincidental that the synagogue in Ein Gedi that was burned in the sixth century housed an early scroll whose text was completely identical with medieval texts. The same central stream of Judaism that used this Levitical scroll in one of the early centuries of our era was to continue using it until the late Middle Ages when printing was invented.”
>>
Here's a fun fact. The greek word for star is, Asteri.
What word in English does that sound like?
>>
>>133084892
You seem somewhat ignorant. Josephus was a Jew who was captured by Romans, and was forced to produce official media for the Roman government. You might as well pick out a North Korean news author and hold him up as an authority. I have read all of the relevant Josephus passages, including the forgeries, none reach the level of proof, much less evidence.
>>
File: Screenshot_20161231-124318.png (749KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161231-124318.png
749KB, 1080x1920px
>>133085058
Gotta call bullshit on this. No informed Christian is dumb enough to say that a book transmitted and translated by men for millenia is unchanged, and the Septuagint proves it.
>>
>>133085139
You demand evidence, so let me ask you: What is Truth?
>>
>>133085131
..asterisk...?
>>
>>133085131
>>133085328
deep
>>
>>133085058
wow ok this tells me that I really am on to something...rather than refute my factual claim, you misdirect to some irrelevant point, including irrelevant quotes. The dead sea scrolls also do not support the Jesus story, and they include a bunch of documentation that has been rejected by modern Christianity. Either adopt all of what the Dead Sea Scrolls says, or quit citing it as a higher, more perfect source.
>>
>>133084933
>your religion
This is pretty much a common theme in all religions.

>Economic success is the most universal explicit desire that humans have.
I really doubt it. Even if you went around polling the common man they would probably value things like 'health' or 'happiness' or abstract concepts over that, if you put it to them.

>You have no way of knowing why there is a correlation
Its obvious why there is a correlation, the better you are at seeing patterns (higher IQ) the more you can exploit those patterns. The smarter you are the easier things that require thinking and perception are for you to accomplish.
>>
>>133077467
You don't have to be Christian to not be a nihilist. Belief in a magic Jew in the sky is ridiculous. It's bronze age superstition.

Atheism doesn't lead to nihilism. It leads to the discovery of what we really are. Belief in yourself, your family, and your tribe brings your life more meaning than some invisible Jew that never answers your prayers.
>>
>>133085212
TRUTH is whatever is true. Nothing could be more self evident. Facts by definition can not be false. Meditate on that.
>>
>>133085139
So you're telling me that even Roman records that document the successive revolts in Judea and the eventual genocide at the end of the Bar Kokhba revolt are unreliable? The arch displaying Roman soldiers returning with Jewish gold and slaves was only propaganda? The Jewish diaspora didn't happen? Someone here is ignorant indeed.
>>
File: muh cheekturning.png (379KB, 1380x511px) Image search: [Google]
muh cheekturning.png
379KB, 1380x511px
>>
>>133085496
It's self-evident to me that Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. Why is that so hard for you to accept?
>>
I'm currently Undecided about being a christian or being a Pagan,Both Got it's Pros and Cons,For a person who wants to Protect His Race,Culture and Heritage,Which Religion Should i Follow and why?
>>
>>133085504
I really don't want to insult your intelligence...BUT the Roman records also indicate that their Caesars were literally gods on earth. Do you also believe that?
>>
>>133085635
Everybody has a decision to make. Adam had a similar decision on whether to follow one way or another. Adam chose a decision against God because that was his decision. We will all face the consequences of our decision at the end of this age.

Some people saw Jesus Christ face-to-face and still rejected Him. Some hated Him so much, they ended up killing Him. The decision is yours.
>>
>>133085547

Yes what is most clear to me is that you are parodying an actual Christian. Poorly. I know many honorable and intelligent Christians, you dishonor these people.
>>
>>133085690
Roman records here are clearly accurate in showing successive Caesars until Theodotian to be the head of the pagan Sol Invictus cult. Or is there no proof of that because it's only Roman record?
>>
>>133077467
Read the Quran. You will be amazed at how Allah speaks. You can tell he's based. That alone is convincing enough to convert to Islam. Perhaps one day we can throw gays off of buildings.
>>
File: n5BCwFY.gif (2MB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
n5BCwFY.gif
2MB, 300x209px
>im a lying christian using a shitty recruitment technique to spread my cult
>>
>>133085834
whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
I am a Serb and I can't believe in god.
Am I going to hell?
>>
File: 1497078095471.jpg (41KB, 620x576px) Image search: [Google]
1497078095471.jpg
41KB, 620x576px
>>133085787
I don't consider myself a smart person or anything, and you're probably smarter than me. However, I will say this. If you saw Jesus Christ face-to-face and He said He was the way, the truth, and the life and healed people, would you believe then?

God requires us to have faith in order to be counted as righteousness. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Unfortunately, even if you saw Jesus Christ face-to-face, I doubt you'd still accept Him. You will always find excuses to justify your way of thinking, that's why Jesus said become like a child and enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Well, the decision is yours.

Abram believed the Lord, and He credited it to him as righteousness. (Genesis 15:6)
>>
>>133077467
You don't have to accept everything to be a Christian, you must constantly strive for understanding. A good heart and faith in God is the basis of being a Christian. Change will come in time or it won't. It's not up to you.
>>
>>133085504
Rome made a political move, they rounded up all of the extant Jewish writings (hence the need to hide the texts) and then they had Josephus write the narrative, and very likely is the source of many of the anonymous NT writings.
>>
>>Jesus told his followers that some of them would not taste death until they saw his 2nd coming. (attested in Matthew, Mark, and Luke...it's literally "gospel")<<

This is an excellent example of someone reading the Bible, not understanding it, and then using that misunderstood passage to convince others that the Bible is false.

First, lets look at the actual quote: (Mt 16:28) "Amen I say to you, there are some of them that stand here, that shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom."

Now let's turn to the VERY NEXT PAGE, and what do we see. The Transfiguration. (Mt 17:1-2) "And after six days Jesus taketh unto him Peter and James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into a high mountain apart: And he was transfigured before them. And his face did shine as the sun: and his garments became white as snow. "

So basically Jesus said that SOME of the people there (Peter, James, and John) would see Jesus come in His Glory. Very next page, they see Jesus in His Glory. (Atheist doesn't understand; posts on /pol/ to prove that the Bible is false...)

Guy seeking Faith: Pray to God with sincerity and confess your sinfulness; Humble yourself before God and ask Him to reveal Himself to you.

(Ps 50:19)"A sacrifice to God is an afflicted spirit: a contrite and humbled heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

When you are given Faith, get yourself baptised and you will be given the gift of the Holy Ghost. You will be a temple of God. Feed the Spirit with the sacraments and with prayer. Chastise yourself and die to the world so that God will live in you.
(Mt 16:24) "Then Jesus said to his disciples: If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."
>>
File: 1496746801900.jpg (78KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
1496746801900.jpg
78KB, 740x420px
>>133085945
Yes you can. “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved” (Acts 16:31). God has already done all of the work. All you must do is receive, in faith, the salvation God offers (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Faith without works is dead. You need to work at your faith. Repent of your sins. Read the Bible cover-to-cover in the Spirit. Pray, pray, and pray. It's really not that hard, but it requires faith on your part.

Watch movies. Listen to the Bible. Do whatever you think will increase your intake of the Holy Wine. Stop sinning, sin cuts off our access to God. I hope this helps, God Bless.
>>
>>133085750
Yes but if i live a fair life and still believe in Paganism Would my Soul be condemned for eternal damnation?
I Ask this is because Protecting your Race,Culture and Heritage are major Topics on Paganism and Christianity These days seemed so found of giving Culture and Race away as seen by the Catholic Church.I'm currently at a crossroads and the brain doesn't asnwer which road to follow
>>
>>133077467
You're not a christian if you 're outwardly hostile to those that require aid. The spoiler is I won;t give them aid so I'm not a christian either...
>>
>>133077467
checkout informedchristians.com biggest christian redpills
>>
>>133086113

Baptism

what is a bigger sin?

To falsely accept it even tho you dont believe in it
or
To not accept it cause you simply do not have faith or belief in it's teachings
>>
File: 1480936477610.jpg (75KB, 970x380px) Image search: [Google]
1480936477610.jpg
75KB, 970x380px
>>133086122
>Yes but if i live a fair life
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). You are a sinner and I am a sinner. Even if you think you're a great guy, you should worshipping and giving praise to God, thanking Him for all He has done for you. The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. For God so Loved the World that He gave His only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish but have Everlasting Life.

>I Ask this is because Protecting your Race,Culture and Heritage are major Topics on Paganism and Christianity
This is a thing because Europe and the West have abandoned God for a while now. There is rampant homosexuality, abortion, violence, sex outside of marriage. God is no longer protecting your nation, your culture because you have abandoned God. God is abandoning you. The same thing happened to Israel and to Judah. Read your Bible.

>Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps covenant and mercy with them who love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations, yet He repays those who hate Him to their face, to destroy them. He will not be slack with him who hates Him. He will repay him to his face. (Deuteronomy 7:9-10)
>>
File: a-chil1.jpg (5KB, 413x93px) Image search: [Google]
a-chil1.jpg
5KB, 413x93px
>>133086083
This far from reality. Jewish texts were not hidden: the most popular translation of the Tanakh at the time, the Septuagint, saw widespread use by Christians and Jews alike until the innovations of Rabbi Aquilus shortly after the Bar Kokhba revolt. The original Tanakh was destroyed in the flames of the Second Temple as Titus burned it to the ground. The Dead Sea scrolls are a compilation by the Ebionites of Qum'ran who included manuscripts by late Essene rabbi as well as their own writings (e.g. "Gospel of the Hebrews"). All other texts, such as the Nag Hammadi collection, were written by pre-Christian Gnostics, an amalgam of Egyptian Thoth, Greek Apollo, and Zoroastrian cults in the framework of Jewish mysticism.
>>
>>133085969
you are very fake faith

If Jesus confronted me face to face, then I wouldn't need faith to believe him.

You however are proclaiming belief that you KNOW Jesus is true, regardless of evidence.
If you know it, it does not require faith. Thus you demonstrate that (contrary to virtually every biblical message) faith is not actually required. Better send out a tweet to let everyone else know I guess.
>>
>>133080582
>don't work don't eat

Paul was just a man and got shit wrong. Jesus is the only final answer. That idea that you must work to eat is nowhere in Jesus' words, and is actually used by sinners to justify being like every nonbeliever while claiming to have a merciful heart. Add on the fact that he was talking to a church and how to settle a dispute about what some followers considered freeloaders in their group. Paul was first to admit he doesn't always speak from divine inspiration but from the best of his ability to govern a believer's daily life even as he admitted to being a sinner drawn to keep sinning.
>>
>>133086412
Yes thank you for demonstrating the point. Huge chunks of the DSS are rejected and are not considered cannon. You can't eat your cake and also have it.
>>
>>133086122
>For all the gods of the Gentiles are demons: but the Lord made the heavens.
Psalms 95:5)
>>
>>133086370
Thank you Friend,i think you reafirmed my faith in god, i'm really thankful for having this conversation,Every action has it's consequence but i've got one last question for you
I Know Rampant Sins Run the West today,But what about the germans?They Stood against the Tide and were Overrun By it,If God did not want this to be happening to the West why didn't he let the only side that held hope for the west Fail in such a dark hour?
>>
>>133086573
The DSS is rejected because it is the product of the Judaizing heresy and has nothing to do with Christianity. The late rabbinic texts were written by rabbi, not prophets.
>>
North Korea's Kim Jong Il's birth was prophesied by a swallow, and his birth was signaled by a double rainbow and a NEW star in the sky.

He was walking at three weeks old and was talking eight weeks after birth.

He authored 1,500 books, an amazing feat.

Kim Jong Il did not ever defecate, according to his official biography.

He could control the weather with his mood.

Kim Jong Il recorded a 38 under par on a regulation golf course, a full 25 shots better than the world record. He was, and still is, the worlds greatest golf player by a long "shot"

He had the ability to drive a car at the age of three.

ALL OF THESE ARE FACTUAL EVENTS THAT HAVE BEEN RECORDED THROUGHOUT HISTORY! GET WOKE MORONS!
>>
>>133077467
>I am, at heart, a believer in Natural Selection

Forget religion. Look for an ideology that makes you strong. Stoicism, masculinity, warrior cultures of your ancestors, a heroic role model that actually existed, etc, etc. Shit, even the teachings of science fiction are better than hippie Jesus.
>>
File: cool.jpg (152KB, 500x653px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
152KB, 500x653px
>>133085945

well, you can't be European. on your feet, Serb, for God!
>>
>>133086773
So then quit citing the DSS as some kind of superior authority. Either accept all of what DSS says as authority, or reject it.
>>
>>133086785
Love it.

Cuckstanity is the ultimate joke religion. Joseph went and created a whole religion instead of just admitting that Mary cheated on him.
>>
>>133086866
I have never done any such thing. I cite the Septuagint and fully accept its full canon of 77 books as opposed to modern protestant mutilation 66 book canon.
>>
>>133078215
You can not be intelligent and poor in a fair country and if your country isn't fair it's your ancestors fault for not fighting for their future.
>>
>>133086990
My bad, must have been someone else that was pretending that the Dead Sea Scrolls proved something.
>>
>>133086773
also you would be a good person to spread the word as to why the Dead Sea Scrolls actually aren't a good data point for what is true about NT writings that came much much later. The entire reason (of course) that the DSS writings and the Roman Propaganda Writings (the Gospels / New Testament) differ so greatly is that the Romans dumped the old story and created their own new story. You notice the Roman story isn't even close to the DSS. WHY? Because they really didn't count on copies popping up to contradict their story. And to our knowledge, they were correct. No one discovered it until centuries after the Roman collapse.

Thus the question remains, why to people trust the Roman state media above the actual hidden untarnished and pure documents? Makes zero sense.
>>
>>133087073
>being intelligent and poor is impossible in a fair country
What if you're lazy, or just don't pursue personal wealth? A 'fair' society is just supposed to lavish money on you for being smart?
Sounds like a pretty stupid idea anon.
>>
>>133086990
>>133086679
Can you asnwer my question?
>>
File: 355cb1497aa425af7219cbdb6a6f35a3.jpg (104KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
355cb1497aa425af7219cbdb6a6f35a3.jpg
104KB, 901x1200px
How I came to believe:
>be me
>born Greek Orthodox
>parents divorse, mother starts visiting protestant churches
>turn into hardcore atheist because fuck these zio-cucks
>try to disprove authority of the Bible
>dig up everything showing how the RSV to NIV are Kabbalist mutilations with a newfound love for 4th century Egyptian edits
>KJV written under charter of Scottish Rite King James VI who also studied demonology
>Catholic Vulgate written by Jerome after Judaizing Ebionites told him to cuck himself and use rabbinic sources
>Orthodox Septuagint written for Library of Alexandria, word-for-word citation by apostles in the NT
>couldn't debunk Septuagint, got caught up in scientific theories, fav is still Chaos Theory (proves predestination)
>Laws of Thermodynamics; physical reality impossible without external constant Source of primordial energy into the universe
>Quantum Physics; atoms are nearly empty space, even our bodies are just a hologram

tl;dr most bibles are bullshit, but one is real and physical reality is scientifically dependent on the energy waves of a God.
>>
File: 309-279.jpg (545KB, 1000x933px) Image search: [Google]
309-279.jpg
545KB, 1000x933px
>>133087765
God wants nothing other than the reunification of mankind to Himself, a process early Christians call Theosis. Plato gave the most logical definition of God when he was described as perfectly Selfless, and desires nothing but Selflessness. Resisting the tide is not commendable. Resisting the tide in complete Selflessness however, that is Love with absense of pride/ego, is to witness to Christ.

To assume that the "darkest hours" are going to be the ultimate result in this world is to forget that reality itself is constructed of the waves and vibrations sung as the psalmody of the angels themselves...
>>
>>133077467
it sounds cliche, but pray and ask for faith. If it's a desire of the heart and not the ego, it'll be granted. But you have to be honest in your prayers. Not like some people who are demanding proof to satisfy their egos. Christ is the master who grants pardon and mercy. He isn't a servant to our demands.
>>
File: Bible_Versions.png (2MB, 6144x2328px) Image search: [Google]
Bible_Versions.png
2MB, 6144x2328px
>>133077467
>I am sure I am getting modern Christianity through tie-dye lenses
The newer bible versions (1800's and after) have really fundamental changes, you might be seeing that. Pic related.
I think you might like videos from this paster, he preaches "hard preaching" and makes some really cool documentaries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoXNLCGFNTc
>>
>>133077467
There are many books of the classic authors that can help you. Like Plato or Aristotle. They are believers in the Living God without using faith.

I was lost like you. Believe me you are doing the right thing.
>>
File: 1495622709950.gif (14KB, 416x416px) Image search: [Google]
1495622709950.gif
14KB, 416x416px
>>133081740
>>
>>133084806
if you're Catholic, you get to rape children
>>
>>133084014
What was the context? Did he mean his resurrection?
>>
File: 61.png (32KB, 1163x927px) Image search: [Google]
61.png
32KB, 1163x927px
>>133085207
there are actually ways not one letter between the old and new testament has been changed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbaJfRwYxM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxYwLvtnoyc

meanings of words might have been changed

in order for the science of kabbalah to work, not one letter can not be changed from the oold testament, otherwise the skipping of letters would yield no results

it would also have stopped the ability to find new testament words and codes (example jesus christ, and the ressurection story, 11 disciples minus judas, 3 marys, evil roman city, let him be crucified etc etc) can be found in skipping the letters

i do generally agree with the notion that the Septuagint is a superior old testament translation
>>
>>133092042
>there are actually ways not one letter
there are actually ways to prove*
>>
>>133084806
Do you think this is a game?
>>
Regardless of what sect you want to join just look at the beauty and moral codes of Christendom
While horrible things have been done in its name there were also miraculous things
Christendom shaped the West and the reforms of it is what separates us from other Abrahamic religions

Regardless of what you believe, the community, and the routine of being a Christian is introspective, moralistic, and welcomingly cathartic
Once you lose God the world becomes a dark place, regardless of the God you lose
>>
>>133077467
https://youtu.be/XtQhNCO41C8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g
>>
File: 35214869.jpg (7KB, 272x186px) Image search: [Google]
35214869.jpg
7KB, 272x186px
>>
File: 12536.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
12536.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>
File: 321234.jpg (84KB, 800x390px) Image search: [Google]
321234.jpg
84KB, 800x390px
>>
File: 41856932514.jpg (75KB, 549x669px) Image search: [Google]
41856932514.jpg
75KB, 549x669px
>>
File: 5814581469.jpg (56KB, 720x582px) Image search: [Google]
5814581469.jpg
56KB, 720x582px
If you select pic related I will explode your body.
>>
Where do Baptists fall in the Heretic category of Christendom?
>>
File: 1499535039472.png (75KB, 607x571px) Image search: [Google]
1499535039472.png
75KB, 607x571px
>>133092774
Varies Baptists are usually Independant.
>>
File: 5145821489.jpg (65KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
5145821489.jpg
65KB, 720x416px
>>
>>133092859
As in independent of Protestant or Catholic or what
>>
File: 1426302430164.jpg (172KB, 1034x720px) Image search: [Google]
1426302430164.jpg
172KB, 1034x720px
>>133092890
Yes Muslims that is Mohammad spending time with filthy creatures doing wicked things.
>>
File: g11.jpg (59KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
g11.jpg
59KB, 576x768px
>>133092929
Catholics are Wicked Heretics Pope fucks kids
Protestants are Wicked Heretics Protestants are basically hindus
>>
File: TheChrist.jpg (113KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
TheChrist.jpg
113KB, 800x600px
Start a relationship with Jesus Christ, He will reply to you if you speak to him in earnest.
>>
File: tolsnake.jpg (41KB, 318x400px) Image search: [Google]
tolsnake.jpg
41KB, 318x400px
>>133092042
It is patently erroneous to imagine that Kabbalah is in any way compatible with Christianity. The Zohar is a fine example of the spiritually superior race concept while obviously flipping the paradigm of the Trees of Paradise.

Christianity seeks to grant man eternal life by eating the Fruit (Christ) of the Tree of Life (Cross as symbol of victory over the most brutal death). Kabbalah instead reverts this paradigm, and attempts to elevate man to godhood through mastery of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (see Hinduisms Kundalini Serpent). This unfurls into full blown Gnostic Luciferianism ultimately, where magic by the power of demons is encouraged; Kabbalists often highlight King Solomon as an example here of a master over demons, all the while forgetting that Solomon was the first Antichrist (1 Kings 10:14-11:10)...
>>
>>133092977
Well from reading they're recognized as Protestant but alot of them don't view it that way
But they don't seem to believe in Saints or anything rigorous like Catholics
>>
It's so bizarre watching you guys talk about religion/philosophy.

You're all sucking on the finger instead of looking at what the finger is pointing at (the moon)

It doesn't matter IF the bible is real/the truth, it gives guidelines on how to live a happy fulfilled life.

Don't spend your time on the internet doing fuck all, enjoy fruits of life and the living, grow your own food, drink more water instead of fizzy pop, collect your own rainwater, have animals as friends, buy your friends the first round of beers, work hard at whatever work you're doing (weathers it's in a shitty clothes store, or you're working in the courts of justice, find yourself a life partner, have children, ride your bicycle, swim with dolphins, climb a mountain, run a marathon, shit off a cliff, have a game of basketball with friends, teach your children how to be good citizens, Forgive someone if your life today, spend the day with your mother, speak to your father, call up your grandperants, ask someone out on a date, who gives a fuck if you're rejected you're in the exact same position you were in before but you have 1 more question in your life an swered and you can move forwards.

Stop sucking on the finger and look at the moon, stop sucking on the teet of religion/philosophy and look at the moon, the picture that its trying to show you. how much better this world could be if we if we lived our lives instead of buying into this western society and being consumed by the propaganda fed to us. why do we fight over the world's resources instead of uniting together to explore this universe that The Big Bang/God/Pikachu has Created for us

My name is John, I hope you have learned something today
>>
File: podesta dahmer-2.png (327KB, 640x338px) Image search: [Google]
podesta dahmer-2.png
327KB, 640x338px
>>133093074

>>133093093
Sure great people that did the work of God are to be respected but the only MAN I care about was the Living God Jesus Christ.

>>133093226
I don't want a happy life you reprobate.
>>
>>133077467
Jesus said the only way to him is by reading the gospels ("hear my words" as he obviously could not refer to the gospels when he was alive as they were not written yet).
Knock and he will open. You will get the feeling that his words are true.
>>
File: 123985.jpg (68KB, 627x400px) Image search: [Google]
123985.jpg
68KB, 627x400px
>>133093074
Yeah that shit will have demons fucking with you in like 5 minutes flat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ5ur-18UpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNrbWweerd4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQjgLGpBU0E

Worse yet is what possessed are capable of see pic related.
>>
>>133093226
thx u pastor jim
>>
>>133093343
I never thought about people who don't want to be happy, how inconsiderate of me.

I'm not sure who I'm a reprobate though, would you mind expanding?

May I ask what you want out of life? I mean who's idea was it to assume we want happiness
>>
File: lady-gaga-baphomet.jpg (140KB, 638x368px) Image search: [Google]
lady-gaga-baphomet.jpg
140KB, 638x368px
>>133093442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B5FwnMMcjE
>>133093527
>>133093226
Check that shit out.

>>133093599
Generalized statement to an unknown individual I will call you a murderer and a pedophile also, However the fact of the matter is what do you believe?

How tell would though hasten to thy comprehension?
>>
>>133092929
Each Independent Baptist Church is run by the pastor, not some conglomeration of money grubbing beurocrats and kiddy fiddlers. The best churches are NOT tax exempt and are not 501-C3, because they preach the Bible and get labeled by the ADL as an antisemitic hate group etc.

The Southern Baptist Convention are the ones that regard MLK ad anything more than a false prophet and a raving sodomite.
>>
File: loominartyshitter.jpg (46KB, 697x413px) Image search: [Google]
loominartyshitter.jpg
46KB, 697x413px
>>
File: ciaminerva.png (285KB, 642x395px) Image search: [Google]
ciaminerva.png
285KB, 642x395px
>>
File: 32154285693.jpg (5KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
32154285693.jpg
5KB, 259x194px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wg00xoWptw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaHbuaED5Tw
>>
File: 125836.jpg (29KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
125836.jpg
29KB, 460x307px
>>
>>133077467
Read 'the last Superstition' by Edward Feser for a good intro to the philosophy underpinning Theism
>>
File: LikeaGlove.jpg (71KB, 970x617px) Image search: [Google]
LikeaGlove.jpg
71KB, 970x617px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-gAQuvtttk
>>
>>133093700
is that the same fucking fish that Podesta had on his hand in that one pic?
>>
File: clinton-george.jpg (70KB, 655x591px) Image search: [Google]
clinton-george.jpg
70KB, 655x591px
>>133093963
philosophy itself is ceaseless musing of those that lack wisdom.

>>133094031
;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzKgXcjn6H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bofwya97-CA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOpx5xzXDk4
>>
>>133093700
Why does it matter if I was a murderer and a pedophile? how does assuming that or knowing that effect your life?

There are many things I believe, ice is cold and fire is hot. ask a more suited question.
>>
>>133093727
There is only 1 christian church, the roman catholic, all others are filthy protestants in different ways in need of crusade (except orthodoxs)
>>
>>133077467
http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/blog/15-things-christ-said-werent-nice
>>
>>133077467
>I simply don't believe in the whole 'help the poor' thing
> Matthew 25:14-30English Standard Version (ESV)
The Parable of the Talents

14 “For it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants[a] and entrusted to them his property. 15 To one he gave five talents,[b] to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away. 16 He who had received the five talents went at once and traded with them, and he made five talents more. 17 So also he who had the two talents made two talents more. 18 But he who had received the one talent went and dug in the ground and hid his master's money. 19 Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them. 20 And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here, I have made five talents more.’ 21 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.[c] You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 22 And he also who had the two talents came forward, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me two talents; here, I have made two talents more.’ 23 His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ 24 He also who had received the one talent came forward, saying, ‘Master, I knew you to be a hard man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you scattered no seed, 25 so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here, you have what is yours.’ 26 But his master answered him, ‘You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sown and gather where I scattered no seed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. [..continue]’
>>
File: 152863.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
152863.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>133094122
I need not ask you questions what do you possibly know that would be of interest to myself?

It matters because I am able to hook onto your entire life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9wJaFl1Ww

And because I have a sworn duty to do so...

>>133094185
bunch of pedophiles and child murderers whores of moloch that should be stoned in the street.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcpVrtv2t-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ol42nwLNJ1Q
>>
>>133093074
>It is patently erroneous to imagine that Kabbalah is in any way compatible with Christianity. The Zohar is a fine example of the spiritually superior race concept while obviously flipping the paradigm of the Trees of Paradise.

it actually does a lot to validate Christ as messiah while denying him, and is super useful in proving the old testament and torahs origins outside the origin of space and time

to give a rough idea it states there are 2 messiahs, a son of Joseph (genesis sold into slavery in egypt to rule at the right hand of the pharaoh) and the son of David who is a military commander. the kabbalah roughly lays out a few hundred prophecies concerning the coming of the Son of God, and labels these prophecies between the 2 comings of Joseph and David, it even states that the son of Joseph would be rejected and killed by his people. its a tragically ironic book that gives a complete breakdown over the old testament, and its sciences of skipping letters to reveal codes can be used in the new testament, its a science of the 72 divine names of God in the old testament, meditations, and prayers, and often invoking these names of the Father which are found in skipping letters in the old testament (which reveals the name of Jesus Christ in hebrew) have been reported as to give healings and blessings, its a book for any serious christian mystic to consider.

>Kabbalists often highlight King Solomon as an example here of a master over demons

riddle me this kiddo, did Jesus not have mastery over all demons he encountered in the NT? and yes, through prayer and authority of Jesus Christ, you have mastery over demons, this is why yelling out to Jesus Christ during an alien abduction (aliens are fallen angels incase you didn't know) stops them instantaneously
>>
>>133077467
Firstly, I hope you find yourself well. Many people convert or face a crisis of conversion only in times of trouble. I hope, therefore, that you are doing fine.

Secondly, I highly recommend that you read up on the Church Patriarchs, namely Saint Augustine, who like many of us here converted to escape degeneracy and after a period of faithlessness and faith in false and foreign gods. Please read Saint Augustine's Confessions, paying particular attention to his interactions with Saint Ambrose. I hope that helps. God bless and good luck.
>>
>>133094291
'28 So take the talent from him and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to everyone who has will more be given, and he will have an abundance. But from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

Look christianity as a therapy, not as a religion. Sins make you weak.

Collaboration is what distinguish humanity from other animals.
>>
>>133093074
>This unfurls into full blown Gnostic Luciferianism ultimately, where magic by the power of demons is encouraged;

you know what bro, having read the gnostic gospels, I can tell you this is "patently erroneous" and at this point its quote an understatement to say exactly how wrong you are, I feel embarrassed for you. I'm usually genuinely insulted by your speaking in a place of total ignorance over what you think gnosticism is. it actually encourages prayers to jesus christ and meditation (which is in the bible anyway)

to give you an example in one of the gnostic gospels describing the Acts of Peter (nag hammadi) Simon Magus is deceiving people by levitating to a high place using sorcery. Peter prays to God to stop Simon's deceptive sorcery and Simon ends up falling and dying. this is an important passage because it teaches you that your primary weaponry against sorcery, demons, and dark magics is prayer to Jesus Christ.

>(see Hinduisms Kundalini Serpent)
bro, you're so fucking ignorant I can't even stand you, see numbers 21:9, John 3:14 and exodus 7:10, matthew 10:16 and Mark 16:18
>>
File: 4152863.jpg (41KB, 660x320px) Image search: [Google]
4152863.jpg
41KB, 660x320px
>>133094383
I don't even need to quote Gospel to tell you You can literally teleport to Go to God's Throne.
>>
File: 1452863963214.jpg (3MB, 8840x6768px) Image search: [Google]
1452863963214.jpg
3MB, 8840x6768px
Try It.
>>
>>133086122
Yes, you would be condemned.
Post VCII Church is no example in anything for anyone, besides cultural and theologian bolshevism, so onde must be able to distinguish between what the church used to practice and what the crypto-jew in white in charge now does.

And not even joos sink so low to accept any kind of paganism, they are their own Gods!
>>
>>133077467
>christian west
Christianity is an eastern religion you stupid leaf
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>133093226
You are incorrectly presupposing this is the only or real life and implying faith in Jesus doesn't matter. Fuck off.
>>
>>133094291
How does one make a talent
>>
File: 12321.jpg (80KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
12321.jpg
80KB, 625x415px
>>133094722
God doesn't give a shit where you think you are.
>>
>>133077467

As a recent convert (last Christmas/New Year's), one main for me was acceptance. Being/feeling accepted by Christ. This really softened me and over time I began to see I had used sarcasm habitually as a way to protect myself from feeling vulnerable. But since I felt Christ really accepted fully me with all my faults and past misdeeds, I felt I could open to him and feel loved in a very basic way. I began to notice I was more averse to using sarcasm myself and lo and behold my sense of humor remained intact.

I don't worry about what to believe and all that. My church is really about praise music and just a direct personal relationship with Christ. This is not to diminish the Bible by any means, but the core of it, for me, is spending time each day sitting down and focusing on my relationship with Christ. Maybe you can do this even before officially "converting".

You basically just find a quiet place and begin to open up and confess your secrets and ask forgiveness and ask for help and blessings in your life. Doesn't have to be a huge deal at first. You could do that and then just see how that affects your mind.

That way it becomes a genuine connection and you are learning as you go.

All the best to you. And I can vouch that Jesus does indeed love you.
>>
File: 1499392871296.png (264KB, 630x442px) Image search: [Google]
1499392871296.png
264KB, 630x442px
>>133094722
When God is watching you Fap which way are you pointed north south east or west ?
>>
>>133093963
The title is a rhetorical tautology. Not exactly a sign of a "philosopher" that isn't shit.
>>
>>133077467
Stop being a faggot and live your life they way you want to not a fucking book written in 19 o scratch
>>
>>133094905
Jimmy, get off 4chan and do your homework.
>>
File: 258362514.jpg (72KB, 723x672px) Image search: [Google]
258362514.jpg
72KB, 723x672px
>>133094905
>>
>>133094722
The cultural division between east and west is posterior. 2000 years ago the unifying power of Rome made these mental divisions trivial.
>>
>>133094757
Jesus was a jew bro.... why so angry?
And what makes you believe I think faith in Jesus doesn't matter?
>>
>>133094185
Catholics burned the real Christians for daring to read the Bible.
I hope you find Jesus Christ someday, like I have.
>>
>>133095066
>why so angry?
loaded question but because of the existence of stupid, evil people
Christianity is Not Jewish
http://pastebin.com/9cxmXPCB
>And what makes you believe I think faith in Jesus doesn't matter?
Because you said or implied living your "life" is the only thing that matters.
>>
File: 1496883038551.jpg (12KB, 318x313px) Image search: [Google]
1496883038551.jpg
12KB, 318x313px
>>133095066
Repent
>>
File: NTinOT.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
NTinOT.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>133095216
>Christianity is Not Jewish

whats it like being this stupid?
>>
>>133095425
Calling it "Jewish" is equivocation. And no u
>>
>>133095216
>cult started in Judea by semites
>cult based off judaism
>half of le holy text is the old testament
>hurr durr christianity isnt jewish what do you mean it is?
>>
File: 1497772551886.jpg (51KB, 960x733px) Image search: [Google]
1497772551886.jpg
51KB, 960x733px
>>133095633
wtf Christianity is Jewish now
>>
>>133095724
nice argument friendo, you sure showed them pesky larpagans right, hehehehe
>>
File: 1481408941284.jpg (9KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1481408941284.jpg
9KB, 208x206px
>>133077467
>I am an atheist. I believe in traditionalism. I believe in the Christian West being a bulwark against barbarian hordes of the East.

TAKE THE VARG PILL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yqrBO2YYxc
>>
>>133094972
No you can't make me dad
>>
File: varg vs jesus.jpg (249KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
varg vs jesus.jpg
249KB, 900x1600px
>>133095911
Watch this carefully, Varg busts the myth of "le christkikenity as a wall against islam".
>>
File: 1499627631968.jpg (1MB, 1229x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1499627631968.jpg
1MB, 1229x1740px
>>133095911
Stop trusting (((Stephen Molyneux))), (((Brother Nathaniel))) and other memists of (((their))) blood.
>>
File: 5481828.jpg (22KB, 309x305px) Image search: [Google]
5481828.jpg
22KB, 309x305px
>>133094335
>>133094383
>you're so ignorant
Not an argument

>2 messiahs
The ultimate meshiach expected by Kabbalistic prophecy is not Jesus, and is to preceded by a sacrifice (Latin Holocaustum) of 10x the number of Hebrews who left Egypt with Moses (600k), and will recreate the Jewish Earthly Kingdom of Ishrail. Literally Antichrist.

>gnostics aren't Luciferian
Luciferianism is the belief that divine entities grant hidden knowledge to men to allow them to break free and master the illusion of reality that surrounds us. Lucifer is Latin for Light-Bearer, Eosphoros in the Septuagint Isaiah, but is generally venerated as merely a concept of human Enlightenment among Freemasons, New Age, even Thule society and such ancient mystery religions as Hinduism. From their perspective, Luciferianism is nothing more than humanism. It is Christ that reveals humanism to be ultimately Satanic.

>Christ had power over demons
A very important Gnostic sect which came out of 2nd century Alexandria was the Carpocratians. Gnosticism essentially and unifyingly teaches that the God of the OT is the evil demiurge who created the illusory material world. Carpocrates brought this to its logical conclusion teaching his followers to create potions, cast spells, and even summon demons in order to destroy the evil material reality we are all trapped in.

But that is just an extreme example. There is a huge difference in driving away demons by the power of Christ and in performing miraculous feats by the power of demons.

>hidden truths in the 10th century AD Masoretic mutilation

lolwut
>>
>>133078406
Why not extend this to the reality that it is better not to 'send aid' to prop up thieving regimes, and in any case it destroys local ability to produce food?

Of course there are cases in the Bible of "Holy Dude" wandering around looking for contributions and gibs.

Giving a buck to a bum who eats exclusively from the garbage and uses every dime to buy crack and booze isn't exactly helping them. But all through the Jesussy parts of the Bible we see giving to the poor and walking around as a bum lauded.

How to square that circle?

How to uncommie Jesus?
>>
File: christianity.jpg (89KB, 520x330px) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
89KB, 520x330px
>>133095911
>>
File: templarp.png (2MB, 2864x7672px) Image search: [Google]
templarp.png
2MB, 2864x7672px
>>133095911
>christkikenity
>redpilled
>based
>>
>>133093700
that picture shows you've fallen for satanic deception
>>
>>133094185
this
>>
File: 1497722224632.png (2MB, 1004x671px) Image search: [Google]
1497722224632.png
2MB, 1004x671px
>>133095911
>but-but christkikes are based!11111111111
>>
>>133095216
Jesus viewed himself as the culmination of and restoration of the Jewish teachings to their original meaning.

He was a fierce critic of Jew who he thought were money greedily using offerings to the temple to skim profits. During passover Jews from all around came to the main temple in Jerusalem to make offerings. Jewish "money changers" would take the various currencies and convert them to the currency accepted by the temple and also take a % as a fee. Jesus HATED this practice, and this is the backstory for the famous expelling of the money changers from the Temple.

Jesus was all about tearing down the barriers between the individual and God and he viewed himself as the ultimate Jew and fulfilling the prophecies of their holy book.
>>
>>133080632
>To listen to it, as it [God's Law] is written on our hearts.

Nihilistic Atheist here: Call it what you will, but as long as Christians do this, and don't interfere with my porn habit, I can get along with them.

Preach on brother.
>>
File: 1488062823315.png (475KB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
1488062823315.png
475KB, 1000x572px
>>133095911
>(((christianity)))
>>
File: 1494710342241.jpg (44KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1494710342241.jpg
44KB, 604x483px
>>133095911
>>
>>133077467
So the thing holding you from believing in the trinity is helping the poor? Well it's true that as Christians we must love our neighbours. But consider what helping the poor actually entails. Priority: save their soul, convert them to Christianity. Don't give a man a fish teach him how to fish. The worst thing you can do for the poor is to just give them money. The best thing is to give them guidance towards being self reliant

Christianity is about absolute truth. Don't do retarded things like communism, do intelligent efficient things
>>
File: 1488062531339.png (272KB, 984x728px) Image search: [Google]
1488062531339.png
272KB, 984x728px
>>133095911
>christkikenity
>european
>>
File: Novgorod_Monument_LOC_06268u.jpg (898KB, 2013x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Novgorod_Monument_LOC_06268u.jpg
898KB, 2013x1578px
>>133096800
tfw only the west had the dark ages and only came out of them when Greeks were fleeing the Ottomans...
>>
File: 1497724055425.png (406KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1497724055425.png
406KB, 607x608px
>>133095911
>>
File: 4chandoesreligion11.jpg (3MB, 4709x3586px) Image search: [Google]
4chandoesreligion11.jpg
3MB, 4709x3586px
>>
File: christkike merchant.png (60KB, 286x330px) Image search: [Google]
christkike merchant.png
60KB, 286x330px
>>133097189
YAHWE VULT >>133096471
>>
>>133084014
>>133092031

Matthew 24 is the Olivet Discourse. He is talking about the time of Jacob's trouble here.

The generation he refers to when he said "this generation" is the generation alive witnessing the events he is talking about in Matthew 24, not the people literally sitting in front of him.

Of course Jesus said the end was imminent because he wanted us to be ready at all times. What do you think would have happened had he said "lul, I'll be back in 2000 years, make sure to be on your best behavior while I'm gone"?
>>
File: what a coincidence.jpg (136KB, 1087x678px) Image search: [Google]
what a coincidence.jpg
136KB, 1087x678px
>>133095911
>>
File: numbers1.jpg (97KB, 728x633px) Image search: [Google]
numbers1.jpg
97KB, 728x633px
>>133096113
>Not an argument
no, but the bible verses are, they're direct metaphors to kundalini yoga

lets break this down

>divine entities grant hidden knowledge
>isiah 64:4 1 Corinthians 2:9 Proverbs 25:2
the bible promises hidden knowledge, and in the gnostic gospels, Jesus Christ is the one who gives it

>From their perspective, Luciferianism is nothing more than humanism.
wrong, Luciferianism is replacing the actual Father with Lucifer.

>It is Christ that reveals humanism to be ultimately Satanic.
your entire argument in general is based on a fallacy

>>gnostics aren't Luciferian
well they aren't Lucifer makes a grand total of 0 appearances in the gospels

>. Gnosticism essentially and unifyingly teaches that the God of the OT is the evil demiurge who created the illusory material world.

ok, and having read the gnostic gospels, I will tell you this is a dirty jew/catholic lie. Yahweh is venerated as the Father of Christ, and the demiruge's name is yaldaboath, and it goes into a great deal about how these 2 entities are different, and stand against eachother. and the Old testament is validated as Christ's word in the nag hammadi scriptures. this is a fallacy, and disingenuous, if you weren't speaking in a place of ignorance, i would even go so far as to say this is spiritually/intellectually dishonest. the rest of the statement is up for debate, the demiurge was hidden from heaven in the material world, it doesn't necessarily state that he created it.

>But that is just an extreme example. There is a huge difference in driving away demons by the power of Christ and in performing miraculous feats by the power of demons.
>ignoring the Simon vs Peter story I posted on how sorcery and demonic abilities are stopped by a prayer to Christ
now that, that is just dishonesty all round

>hidden truths in the 10th century AD Masoretic mutilation

you know like I stated, you can find Jesus's Christ name, and his actions hidden in code in the old testament.
>>
File: jewish adventures.jpg (73KB, 875x387px) Image search: [Google]
jewish adventures.jpg
73KB, 875x387px
>>133095911
>>
>>133096113
>Carpocrates brought this to its logical conclusion teaching his followers to create potions, cast spells, and even summon demons in order to destroy the evil material reality we are all trapped in

this is just a lie to deter people from the gnostic gospels, they speak against sorcery, and there is nothing in the books about summoning demons to destroy the "evil material reality"

and you know, I'd link a bunch of verses about how the NT generally tells you to reject the material realm, but I think I'll only need to link 1
1 Peter 2:11

you also seem to ignore the fact that in the new testament Jesus Christ speaks a great deal about how this world is going to be destroyed, and not only that he goes on to say how Heaven will pass away before his world does

Matthew 24:35
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
>>
File: twutwut2.png (1MB, 640x4687px) Image search: [Google]
twutwut2.png
1MB, 640x4687px
>>133097979
here' take the catholic church invented Islam redpill
>>
>>133095216
You're angry because people are brought up differently? way to be a bigot....

I think you're making stuff up, stop reading into shit so much. I never said life is the only thing that matters. I think I said by reading the bible you can get some really good guidelines on how to be happy in life, there's more out there than to be sat on the web judging others for their existence.

but its fact, the Jesus from the NT was a Jew, the OT was written by Jews, and the Christian God is that same God as the Jewish god.....
>>
File: 1499401596126.jpg (98KB, 1297x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1499401596126.jpg
98KB, 1297x1068px
>>133099660
>You're angry because people are brought up differently?
You are wrongly assuming people only believe in Christianity because of where they were brought up. Your atheism is a consequence of malfunctioning cognitive faculties, as evidenced by your erroneous reasoning.
>>
>>133099879
>why so angry?
loaded question but because of the existence of stupid, evil people

I wasn't assuming people only believe in Christianity because of where they were brought up. I was saying people are stupid/evil because of how they were brought up. someone with two parents that take heroin whilst pregnant and die of overdose by the time your 4, then get passed around child home and abused until they run away at 14 then turn to heroin themselves tend to have different views on the world rather than someone who has siblings, pets a mother that loves them and a father that works hard to provide.

Also, I'm not an atheist... I'm a follower of Christ....

I find it weird how Judgemental and condemning you are... but that's just how you were brought up I guess...
>>
File: 1499612797058.jpg (70KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1499612797058.jpg
70KB, 1024x768px
Had this exact conversation yesterday. Read the ones with hot chicks or Jews for images...

>>132966962
>>
File: 1498452478988.jpg (159KB, 620x827px) Image search: [Google]
1498452478988.jpg
159KB, 620x827px
>>133100924
It wasn't, actually. Your assumption that people are necessarily a consequence of their upbringing is a denial of free will. If free will were not to exist, atheists would have an excuse. It does exist. If God is good, their upbringing is irrelevant to their damnation, which is only, necessarily a consequence of their stupidity and evil, which they choose.
>>
>>133096471
we dont need a polish jews opinions, take a hike
you sick degenerate punk
>>
>>133097303
that looks like Brother Nathaniel who first Redpilled me on jews, and who is a jew himself, hey thanks for pic
Thread posts: 220
Thread images: 86

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.