[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are safe investments right now?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: BrJQ3D.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
BrJQ3D.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
dont have a shit ton to invest as im a semi poorfag, what would you do with a few grand pol?
>>
>>131428204
>>>/biz/
>>
>>
>>131428204
friend of mine made some quick cash from the Etherium dip and sold when they started climbing again. look into investing into cryptocurrency.
>>
invest in Nintendo
>>
>>131428278
thx man will checkout biz, i dont lurk other boards much, despite all the larping pol hasnt done me wrong.
>>
>>131428789
Mp4 and oddessy seem to be solid products, switch supply worries me for long term.
>>
File: 1492354303642.jpg (4KB, 185x174px)
1492354303642.jpg
4KB, 185x174px
>>131428611
>>
>>131428204
I am assuming you are young. The best thing you could do would be to set up an IRA, and throw it into a total stock market index fund, or maybe a no-load very low expense ratio broad based index fund.

To set up an IRA and fund it though you need earned income, so you have to be employed. The best course of action if you are employed then is to dollar cost average into your index fund with each pay period. Though first you should save up for roughly 4-6 months of expenses.

As you get older and closer to retirement you shift your portfolio to more and more bond or fixed income investments to minimize your risk. At or near retirement a good balance is 50% stock and 50% fixed income. Then you basically can take 4% of your portfolio each year and it should still grow enough to keep pace with inflation without you having to eat into your principal. Then when you die you can pass it on to your family and guild generational familial wealth.
>>
File: 1432089376179.gif (402KB, 518x358px) Image search: [Google]
1432089376179.gif
402KB, 518x358px
>>131429031
>>
Bitcoin :^)))
>>
Pay off debt and create an emergency fund. If you are semi-poor you need a cushion to fall back on because economic downturn is 1-2 years out.
>>
Real estate. God isn't making any more.
>>
index funds is always the answer for safe long term investment
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.