[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you often think other people are fake? I notice it all the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 21

File: 1454761089665.jpg (62KB, 443x463px) Image search: [Google]
1454761089665.jpg
62KB, 443x463px
Do you often think other people are fake?

I notice it all the time.

People laughing at stupid shit that someone said because they want to ingratiate themselves to the other person.

Someone telling a story that you see as clearly boastful or fabricated to be more interesting.

That sort of thing.

I feel like I never do this shit.

Am I delusional or are the vast majority of people actively bullshitting their way through life?
>>
>>128979804
Everyone is a bullshitter. Fake it till you make it and all that shit, ya know
>>
I mean I can't even imagine always trying to be conscious of every minute body language reaction I have to every moment that passes by. It would be fucking exhausting. And then thinking out every word you say instead of just telling the truth unfiltered. Fuck.
>>
>>128979804
Are you even real, OP?

Do you ever find yourself acting differently around some people than you do others? Can you honestly say that you're the same person if your behaviors are different? If the way you act changes, does your identity change? If you have so many identities, which one is real? Is there even a real one? If you don't exist, how are you any authority on the existence of others?

How can you see yourself in the mirror if your eyes aren't real?
>>
>>128979804
Yea I notice this a lot, especially in women and faggots.
>>
>>128979804
The average person is too weak to stand for truth and uncompromised honesty. So they live a lie. That is why militarism is the only way forward.
>>
>>128979804
>Am I delusional
Yes because your also faking it right now.
also boasting is ok, a rightful boast is alright every now and again.

I think what you mean it this. As an Aussy put it, many Americans have a sense of being ungenuine , acting one way towards one person but the moment that person is gone, they start talking about how horrible that person is they just talked to. Kinda like that.
Its why your female coworkers spread rumors about you to your girl friend. Its why when you try to hang out with just about anyone and they say yes, but when it actually comes the time to hang they fucking bail on you every single time.
I miss my girlfriend and I want somebody to hang out with.
>>
>>128979804
Fake society. Fake people.
>>
>>128979804
They're not fake they're just incredibly shallow. They can be smart and appear as if they think about shit, but they're all surface. It's pretty enjoyable if you plug in but it becomes a chore.
>>
Welcome to life OP. Almost everyone is putting on an act, conforming to social rules, consciously or unconsciously, almost all the time. Exceptions generally only include very close friends and spouses, and even then only occasionally.

You might like Babbitt by Sinclair Lewis.
>>
>>128979804
zombies are among us
your only hope is hermitude
it's not so ronery with a waifu
>>
>>128979804
Yes many people have low self-esteem and identity issues due to shitty parenting.

I am not this way. There was a time when I wondered if maybe I was actually as fake as everybody else and I just didn't know it, but I am 100% sure that 90% of Americans are completely insane non-playable characters who barely have a soul due to Jewish brainwashing and bad/abusive parenting.

I am 25 but people tell me all the time "You're 25? I thought you were 35!" and "You're so calm and secure with yourself".

I'm not bragging. I was homschooled on a rural island with a population of 400 people. I'm just not fucked up like the masses who grew up in major-metropolitan areas and were victims of New World Order tactics to dumb down the population and psychologically control them.
>>
>>128979937
then most just don't make it, so they don't stop faking it
>>
>>128980175
You can do it with knowledge of and training. People like Derren Brown use it for hacking into the program of human behavior and exploiting it.
>>
>>128980308
confirmed
I live only with women and faggots
would prefer living with worms and maggots
>>
>>128980842
I was really hoping that was a haiku.
>>
>>128980640
I for one welcome the devastation of the coming revolution.
Just hope my survival skills and aim are up to snuff
>>
>>128980914
90% is too lenient.
>>
I know what you mean, my whole life I've seen people try their hardest to fit in. It's kind of pathetic from an outsider's view, but since the majority of people try to do the same thing. No one really notices. I'm just glad I don't do that shit and haven't changed the way I am to be accepted, and while that may have put me in the "weird kids" group I'm still glad that I've stayed true to myself.
>>
>>128980914
shh don't call attention to your psychological freedom, or they'll come for your frontal lobe
>>
File: m0mgkpW.png (311KB, 728x413px) Image search: [Google]
m0mgkpW.png
311KB, 728x413px
>>128979804
Fuck dude I relate to this way too much, I feel like i'm starting to rationalize my lack of friends by just seeing everyone as a fake asshole but I catch myself doing things like this on occasion.

I need friends Anon.
>>
>>128979804
knew that pic looked familiar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9HEoCbzZH0
>>
>>128981135
I would have really
hoped that post was a haiku
then it would have owned
>>
>>128981135
Zombies are among you
Jewish lies have made them empty
Blue pills are a'plenty

Happy now?
>>
>>128981322
it has its costs tho
>>
>>128981677
8/10 close enough, still poetic af
>>
>>128981707
having female coworkers with access to people in your social life will cost you more than any social isolation ever will.
>>
>>128981914
Sounds like you've been backstabbed before.
>>
>>128979804
Delusional. You've definitely done fake crap in your life, even if it's not the same fake crap that makes you mad in other people, it's fake crap that makes SOMEone mad who is not you. Guaranteed.

No human is perfect.
>>
>>128982026
Serves me right I trusted a fat fuck.
>>
File: fake basically everything.jpg (99KB, 600x1005px) Image search: [Google]
fake basically everything.jpg
99KB, 600x1005px
>>128979804
Noticed it as well. Mostly on myself at first, and was really insecure about it. But then noticed that like 95% of people do this shit. In many cases - instinctively, without properly realising that. And ones that do not - kinda not talkative people at all.
Not sure how to feel about this. From one side - this kinda makes harder to take people's emotions seriously. From the other side however it's obvious that in most cases it's just an attempt to be nice. To cheer someone up or to feel yourself cool for a moment. This feels more like emotional energy exchange.That's why woman like both to fake things and be the taget of it. Because for them emotions, in most cases, matter more then actual reality. And they get this in most cases and expect sweet funny lies from others as a matter of, you know respect for their feels. Btw that's why i think purest and most honest guys usually have problems with finding a girl, while feral nigs do not.
>>
>>128981135
You, a single point
In the human collective
Have friends everywhere

My first haiku, no bully
>>
>>128979804

Middle schoolers aren't supposed to be on 4chan, fagnut.
>>
>>128981193
I meet people constantly who do not have a single original thought about anything and do not have a single real hobby or interest.

They don't even know that this is unusual. They don't even know what they don't know, and they have no interest in investigating the things that they do not know.

The average person just:
>parrots the views of popular opinion makers (celebrities, late-night talk hosts, faggy pastors on the radio, maybe some shit they heard in college)
>barely graduate college with some stupid degree
>get an administrative position
>go to work
>come home
>watch some really depressingly stupid series on Netflix
>talk about it with fellow brainlets
>take 2 weeks off from work
>vacation in some absolute depressing soulless tourist trap like Florida or California
>secretly struggle with low-key anger issues because their lives are not amounting to what they see on Television
>usually suffer with depression of some kind because they can't figure out why their lives are not like what they see in television/shitty pop-books

Christian normies are almost worse
>go to faggy mega church
>dress like a metrosexual faggot
>listen to pastor cuckington give the same 3 sermons over and over for 20 years straight
>assimilate to every secular cultural trend 4 years late
>indulge in virtue signaling by volunteering for stupid bullshit international mission trips where you essentially do nothing for 1 week
>speak christianese
>talk about being loving even in the most illogical circumstances
>>
>>128982242
> I trusted
well that was your first mistake
>>
>>128982066
speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>128982306
Lying as a defense mechanism is about not showing weaknesses. If you think people are lying 100% of the time it's safe to assume they are 100% insecure.
>>
>>128982397
Gaia called, she wants her hippie back
>>
>>128980842
Zombies among us
Solitude is your refuge
Try masturbating
>>
>>128979804
People today watch so much TV, sit on Facebook so much, entire existence is mediated but with identity in place (/pol lacks identity marker so avoids this some) so much of what people say and do is contagion from watching actors on screens all the time and so by mimesis they perform constantly. We all do it. To some extent it is a smart adaptation and is polite. In other ways it is narcissistic. Erving Goffman's sociological work analyzes all of this clearly.
>>
They aren't fake, but they are bullshitting.

Bullshitting is what people do. It is their genuine personality shining through.

People would be better at their favorite hobbies if they were at all genuine.
>>
>>128982884
Or shitposting, and having your shitposts featured in the media as the racist message of the alt-right.
>>
They are biological robots programmed via entertainment, that's all. They are animals, not human.
>>
>>128980724
This guy knows
>>
>>128979804
I do this all the time. I hate people more and more every day. I'm on the verge of going on a spree soon.
>>
>>128982772
real men absorb shittyness without shedding a tear
we know our inner strength, & need not flaunt it
if weaklings flail at us, then they're only displaying their own unravelling to the world
>>
>>128982999
The original post had a line about waifus keeping you company.
>>
>>128982884
</thread>
>>
>>128983098
If you go on a spree and get killed then who's going to be able to point out the rarity of your flag?
>>
Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.
>>
>>128982306
>nun
>leopard print
>muscles

all my fetishes
>>
>>128983258
An insightful look into the psychology of an aussiefag.
>>
>>128982585

This much is all accurate.

I loved my chruch because community was important. Sermons were short and they flexed their size to get theme park tickets cheap and would rent out the laser tag arena for cheap.

Even then, how is it possible to "study" a single book for decades. There's only so much to cover before it becomes a waste.
>>
File: 1464455202201.jpg (124KB, 723x950px) Image search: [Google]
1464455202201.jpg
124KB, 723x950px
>>128983345
A sheila who can't hold her own ain't worth shit
>>
>>128983403
Former pastor here. Have studied the Bible for decades and it never gets old; always discovering new things and new angles. Read it the whole way through sometime. You won't regret it.
>>
>>128983242
I guess you're right! Wew, that really put things into perspective...
>>
File: 1495943970891.jpg (867KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1495943970891.jpg
867KB, 2000x1000px
>>128983403
>a single book for decades

No this is the problem. There is an endless amount of things to cover in The Bible, but megachurch cuck pastors only cover 3 topics because the rest of them are too offensive.

The Bible is extremely offensive. It is literally full of rules and things you should and shouldn't do. Most pastors take out a $1,000,000,000 loan on their church building so they are afraid to preach anything that isn't profitable.

Also, many mega churches are infiltrated by New World Order shills (not joking, Pastor Anderson confirmed this).

The only pastor I enjoy listening to is Pastor Anderson. I also found a good local independent baptist church where they discuss all kinds of shit. They talk about politics, controversial issues, they all own guns, voted trump ect.

It's these mainstream mega churches that are mental and cultural cancer.
>>
File: 1496714859809.png (43KB, 669x627px) Image search: [Google]
1496714859809.png
43KB, 669x627px
>>128979804
So I've had this happen to me lately. I am agnostic but was raised Catholic.

More and more it seems like most people are empty. And the more and more I try to rationalize this idea the only explanation would be if god is real, then this is a test. It's either that or we are literally living in a matrix.
>>
>>128983138
Being masculine and trying to fake masculinity are two different things. A real man knows when he has to ask for help and team up to take on a larger goal while the one faking it looks like a jackass or worse, dies because of his hubris. Asking for help isn't a weakness, it just means you are aware of your own limitations and act accordingly. You can still fake it up to that point though.
>>
>>128983720
>or we are literally living in a matrix
Yes. That's basically what it is lad. A matrix maintained by the Jews. Why do you think it was called the Redpill?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ1_IbFFbzA
>>
>>128983345
>>128983258
>>128983152
>>128982999
>>128982884
>>128982860
>>128982585
>>128982397
>>128981677
>>128981612
>>128980842
gawds I wish archive wasn't dead
'cause we're posting in epic bread
>>
>>128983586
It's going to be alright anon. No matter how fake and shitty the world is there are people like you. I too have given up man. so much time, energy and money wasted and for what? A loveless marriage. Part of it is on me though I'm no good as a husband let alone a father. I'm too fucked in the head and notice the little things/ can't just move one.
All my friends in relationships are getting cheated on. Part of me feels like they know but they're so caught in trying to be someone that they are ok with it. Fuck no id rather die than be some cunts gibs machine. I don't know how I'm going to do it anon, but I'm going to build a fucking empire in our honor.
>>
>>128983667
I roll my eyes at Steven Anderson many a time because he strikes me as a carnival preacher much of the time, but he's still better than 98% of other preachers out there.
I'm growing very discontent with the entire idea of "church" though. There's literally not any verses in the Bible that specifically ordain a church building whatsoever.
It's true what you said about the Bible.
It's the most offensive book in human history. Everything about it conflicts with our nature. Yet it rings throughout our culture and history like crazy.
It's like humanity is wired to it.
>>
>>128983403
You eventually have to experience it if you want to understand it.
>>
>>128980308
>especially in women
women are the biggest "fake people" out their.
>>
>>128979804
Never notice people doing this, its probably American thing
>>
>>128979804
Yes its called being socially competent. People don't like the autist who blankly stares at them while they tell a story. Learn how to emote. It'll help you in all aspects of life
>>
>>128984133
I was a homeless man not two years ago and now I have a mid-level well paying job in the private sector and I feel miserable and hate myself. The stressful life and the endless overtime hours are getting to me. I have to act like yes-man piece of shit, lying through my teeth at customer meetings all the fucking time. I don't know why, but I felt happier two years ago despite not having a roof over my head.
Pressed F to pay respects for us.
>>
>>128983928
Masculinity is a strange thing, and it is somewhat fluid in different circumstances.

We know what masculinity IS NOT. It is not this creepy weak effeminate cuck shit that globalist Jew media is trying to push on us.

But, some would argue that masculinity comes down to practicality. Efficiently raising a family, having a happy marriage, providing for your family, living a moral life where you build yourself and your family up.

Others think of masculinity as some Kant-ist philosophy about doing what is right uncompromisingly. Like maybe Alex Jones types who are on a mission to do something.

Then there's the basic secular view of masculinity about driving motorcycles, lifting weights, fucking a lot of chicks. I think this is retarded because this type of shit usually ruins your own life and amounts to nothing.

I'd say masculinity is a combination of the first two.
>>
>>128979804

Please fuck off with your fake righteous indignation, hypocrite. If you are a member of this autistic board you are also a conformist. HUR DUR "PIC RELATED" HUR DUR "FAGGOT" HUR DUR "GAS THE KIKES, LOL"! This board is one big fat echo chamber, commies like me are the only real individuals here.
>>
>>128984171
>a carnival preacher

He is a sensationalist entertainer. He is very theatrical, but I think you have to be when you are fighting an ideological culture war like he is.

I would say that Pastor Anderson is somebody who is at war with secular culture, and also Christian culture to some extent. Having entertainment value is one of the best ways to fight a war, because people change their minds when they are emotionally inspired.

Similar to Trump's presidential campaign. Many people called it a circus, and it kind of was. He was entertaining, highly offensive, knew how to appeal to emotions, and knew how to inspire people. And, Trump was at war with...basically the entire world.

So yeah, I have no problem with a circus pastor. I encourage more people to blend entertainment into their preaching, especially if they are at war.
>>
>>128984519
>(X) like me are the only real (X)
Sounds equally as self-righteous as what you are accusing anon of.
>>
>>128982961
a brother in the social sciences who /isn't/ SJW?
What fever dream is this?
>>
>>128984519
Can't wait to throw you out a helicopter faggot
>>
>>128983928
and the award for total lack of understanding the post you replied to goes to...
>>
>>128984483
Unless you're only trying to score brownie points to get your dick wet, that's not being socially competent. That's being socially complicit. You're just reinforcing idiotic behavior by humoring them. A net loss for everyone involved.
>>
File: 1496634795458.png (300KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1496634795458.png
300KB, 499x499px
>>128984035
Wowzer man I never knew. Delet this NOW!
>>
>>128984516
>it is somewhat fluid
gas.jpg
>>
File: meanwhile in Magadan.jpg (42KB, 811x540px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in Magadan.jpg
42KB, 811x540px
>>128982772
The utility of lies is not limited to "not showing weakneses". It's also a way to avoid hurting someone with sad truth, or an excuse to start a conversation. My insecurity came from "God damn it i am lying to all this nice people. Why i act like this?" Most of the people who lie and fake constantly do not even dig into themselves enough to realise they are actually fake as hell and when people who are actually worth a coin are starting to react on their faking come to conclusion that those who dislike their lies are simply assholes.
>>
>>128985152
Spaghetti pocket memes make me Kek uncontrollably.

Stop it.
>>
I got this impression when I visited Vancouver. Everyone just fucking seemed like a biorobot to me. What people talk about is ridiculous. Such a completely superficial bullshit.

I then went on to the US and there is was a bit better desu
>>
>>128985137
It'll go a long way with your career and women. Plus in general it's nice to not get looked at like an autistic freak.
>>
>>128979804
I notice it mostly in women.

Il give the Muslims one thing. At least they have kept their women under control.
>>
>>128982306
>Social interactions are an exchange of emotions

Good redpill right here. Social interactions are like trading emotional currency.

Somebody who is highly charismatic and can make people feel good about themselves could even be seen as having "High emotional capital".

When somebody tells you a story (usually a woman), and you know they are being fake and virtue signaling, you can either tell them what you know they want to hear or call them out. If you call them out, that is not the emotional currency exchange they were looking for. They wanted to express something and receive an emotional fix for it.

I guess all interactions are like this. If somebody tries to do an emotional exchange with you, and you don't give them the emotion they wanted, they probably won't want to talk to you again.

Damn that just blew my fucking mind, shit.
>>
>>128979804
You are correct sir. I sometimes catch myself doing it too. Everyone does it. It's embarrasing.
>>
>>128985362
I hear Germany is pretty bad in this way.

Rural America is pretty legit. You can pretty much say anything to a Rural American and they don't really give a shit.
>>
File: gulf_of_alaska_cc_img.jpg (160KB, 1440x907px) Image search: [Google]
gulf_of_alaska_cc_img.jpg
160KB, 1440x907px
>>128979804
This is a sign that you must return to the wild, and live as your ancestors did. Only then will you begin to understand the paradox of sociality and solitude
>>
>>128984519
Aussie used shitpost
Bantz score a critical hit
Super effective
>>
>>128984973
>not reading the sarcasm
>>
>>128979804
We're just surrounded by npc's. Earth is flat, life is a simulation.
>>
>>128985386
In case you didn't know already, autism is the future. You think a productive ai will waste processing power to fake pleasantries with you? That's more suited to the ai gf sexbots
>>
>>128984519
truth
>>
File: tmp_18955-c3b1003330586.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_18955-c3b1003330586.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
Giving a fuck about other people, this is when you know you're falling in life.

You dream about successful people while successful people don't think about you at all
>>
>>128985973
To be successful, you have to fantastize about being successful first.

Then you take steps to fulfilling that fantasy.

Often a successful person is used as your model, or fantasy of what you want to be
>>
>>128985936
Ok well in the present people like others to emote and "fake" shit. So if you do this it will benefit you
>>
>>128979804
You think they're narcissists right? Maybe. But your own narcissism is what's making you miserable. It is the smug sense of superiority you get when you think "that's not me" after describing "those people"

thelastpsychiatrist.com

The answers to your questions are in the archives. Read the deleted entries on archive.org; they're the best ones.

theblondbeast.com

Read after you've been blackpilled beyond what you ever thought possible

Also read notes from underground; it describes like half of 4chan
>>
File: obama-shhh.jpg (56KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
obama-shhh.jpg
56KB, 640x480px
>>128980175
>>
>>128986351
Emoting and faking emotes are two different things, anon.
>>
>>128986551
w-which entries
>>
>>128986551
>Also read notes from underground; it describes like half of 4chan

Strong advice, that book is so good.

All around, one of the better 4chan posts I've seen in a while.
>>
>>128986551
tlp's commentary on notes from underground

>I AM A SICK MAN.... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased. However, I know nothing at all about my disease, and do not know for certain what ails me. I don't consult a doctor for it, and never have though I have a respect for medicine and doctors. Besides, I am extremely superstitious, sufficiently so to respect medicine, anyway [But] (I am well-educated enough not to be superstitious, but I am superstitious).

These are the words of a spiteful narcissist. He doesn't think he's better than everyone (well, deep down he does, he thinks everyone else is a phony, or a liar, or deceitful, or greedy, or etc) but has no understanding how others perceive him (he thinks he can control how you perceive him, hence the overflow of self-descriptions that, ultimately, don't actually tell you anything about him at all-- what you, the reader infer, is all based on the flow and style). He doesn't care about other people at all, he has no interest in their lives or feelings unless they relate specifically to him. (Later, in the book, there are examples of how he assumes every gesture or word or tone is a criticism of him, but this is really to be interpreted not as "people don't like me" but "people are always thinking about me, one way or another.")

Ok, so if the content of his words are nonsense, diversions, what is the real him? Let's look at the paragraph (mostly) line by line, to emphasize something else:

>I AM A SICK MAN.... I am a spiteful man. I am an unattractive man. I believe my liver is diseased. However, I know nothing at all about my disease, and do not know for certain what ails me. I don't consult a doctor for it, and never have, though I have a respect for medicine and doctors. Besides, I am extremely superstitious, sufficiently so to respect medicine, anyway (I am well-educated enough not to be superstitious, but I am superstitious).

cont.
>>
>>128979804
They're NPCs, human population has expanded so much that animals are being born into human shells now.

They look and act like people but have no souls. Also as you've noticed they seem to run on a herd-instinct autopilot.
>>
>>128986551
I think the frusteration with a retarded mass of normies is that you cannot relate to them, and they cannot relate to you.

If you think that television is a brainwashing tool (which it is), then how are you going to emotionally connect with somebody who has been "binge watching" some faggoty Netflix series for the past 2 weeks?

You can't. If you tell them that you think Television is bad for their brains, that is going to upset them. All you can do is either say nothing, or emotionally comply and pretend to be interested in their favorite television show, which is fucking miserable for you.
>>
>>128980175

It's a personality thing, some people are prone bullshitters way more than others because they have become use to bullshitting all their lives.
>>
>>128986809
The most important thing to note in this monologue is that he takes two steps forward, one step back, always "fixing" something he said, predicting (accurately-- astonishingly accurately) the reader's criticism. Why doesn't he go to a doctor? Why would he be superstitious? Etc.

This kind of One Sentence Out, Revise It, Say Something Else, Revise It, when done in conversation is usually the sign of a work, dishonesty in the service of getting the other person to think something, but "formally" when it's a monologue it has a very specific quality: he is free associating. Not in the layman's sense of the word, "just say whatever comes to mind," but in the purest, most formal definition of the term: he is telling his random thoughts to an OMNIPOTENT reader that, on the one hand, he is trying to fool; on the other hand, suspects that he can't fool, and suspects that this reader has him completely figured out, and is hoping at some point the reader-- almost certainly in the form of a beautiful and selfless woman who detects the real good inside him-- will come forward and tell him exactly what's going on, and help him, and then love him.

Remember, Dostoyevsky is writing in 1864-- 30+ years before the psychoanalytic method. So what explains this prescience? To what was Dostoyevsky reacting to, that he caught exactly the tone of spiteful narcissism even before it was described? The answer is the same as the answer for today: an encroachment of modernity (in Dostoyevsky's case bourgeois European values) that preached "reason" over faith and works, the intrinsic value of man over "from dust you were made, and to dust you shall return"; symbolic identities, value decided from without (job, status, etc).

Dostoyevsky rebelled against it; the Underground Man was what Dostoyevsky predicted would be the inevitable byproduct of all this... self-branding.

cont.
>>
>>128979804
>Do you often think other people are fake?
was talking to this bloke last night about this topic

Could swear he browses here, hates degenerates as much as me
>>
>>128986835
explains furries
>>
>>128986883
So the narcissist wants to self-identify, or at the very least not let you identify him.What happens if he fails? What happens if he gets figured out? To the text:

>"No, I refuse to consult a doctor from spite. That you probably will not understand.Well, I understand it, though.Of course, I can't explain who it is precisely that I am mortifying in this case by my spite: I am perfectly well aware that I cannot "pay out" the doctors by not consulting them; I know better than anyone that by all this I am only injuring myself and no one else. But still, if I don't consult a doctor it is from spite. My liver is bad, well--let it get worse!"

"Spite." You're a non-psychoanalyst reader. You come across this odd section, written by someone you have been told is one of our great writers.So ask yourself the obvious question: Why is this passage here?Who is the Underground Man deliberately trying to annoy, to hurt? I don't know which posts you read, but do you remember my analogy of "a narcissist thinks he is the main character in his own movie." If an actor deliberately sabotages himself or his movie, who is he trying to hurt? The answer is the movie maker-- the director.

Dostoyevsky was a Christian, but it is irrelevant whether the Underground Man is an atheist or not--all narcissists believe in "some other omnipotent entity"--that they are being observed. If not directly by other people (or the government, or all these cameras, or "the lack of privacy"), they are running their movie as if some omnipotent entity was observing it.He's superstitious, but not overly so, right?Doesn't believe in "13 is an evil number" yet no elevator has a 13. Doesn't believe in rituals, yet feels weirdly off if he doesn't check the stove three times ("I can't remember if I did it? I'm very absent minded....")And when, completely by accident, real life matches the superstition ("Flight 13 crashed on Friday the 13th!") of course it's a coincidence, but isn't that weird nonetheless?
>>
>>128987041
So this spite, that ends up only hurting himself, is exactly the same as Tom Hanks calling it in or Lebron James throwing a game-- it hurts them to hurt "someone else" for putting them in this life, this way, without whatever it is he thinks he wanted.
So say you read all this. Do you see yourself in it? Or someone else? If so, it isn't by accident, because Dostoyevsky isn't writing about a "bad" person, an outlier, he's writing about the likely result of "humanism" and modernity on a psyche not really ready to be independent from "some other omnipotent entity"-- not ready to embrace the fact that he exists in complete and total freedom, no guarantees, no causes, no purpose, no net. He recommended Jesus, but the extra step here is an obvious one: if "some omnipotent entity" doesn't exist, we would be forced to create one."
>>
>>128986692
http://archive.li/3aHB6

is one of them
>>
>>128979804
Some are more susceptible to social programming than others.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (38KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
38KB, 600x568px
>>128987171
>>
>>128987029
also explains people who watch sports on tv
>>
>>128987029
>were hitting levels of insight that shouldn't be possible
>>
>your just describing the average American.
>>
>>128986861
Yes, all of that's true. It still won't make you happy. That will require addressing the toxic shame and "overactive superego" you feel when you think about having fun.

>>128987285
I swear everyone I've sent that link to has responded with that image. Congratulations though m8, you're on your way to sorting yourself out on a far deeper level than Jordan Peterson can offer you.
>>
>>128987656
so

what now
>>
>>128987171
>http://archive.li/3aHB6

i started reading some paragraphs,

in my opinion it´s pushing self hatred by telling you that liking yourself and caring about your self was narcissistic

narcissism is the opposite, it´s having a false self for others to like you.

Someone who truly loves his real self is not a narcissist.
But nobody would profit from that.
So let them stay easily controllable.
>>
>>128979804
What the fuck does this have to do with pol/? This is another podt to drive ppl off topic. Fuck off
>>
>>128979804
The vast majority of people are fake because of fear and insecurity that they then project onto others. You're literally interacting with insane people on a daily basis and normal folks have become so rare that we're the ones who look insane.
>>
>>128979804
Yes watch my dinner with Andre conspiracy excerpt from the movie on YouTube.
>>
>>128979804
Most normies are fake sometimes, they are also entertained by basically anything though so sometimes they are not faking it.
>>
>>128987825
Read everything you can from that blog. It shouldn't be a chore, it's all fascinating stuff. It's also depressing... but it articulates the real problem most of us have here.

Once you understand the problem, and you start catching yourself subtly manipulating the people around you so they see you as something, and beating yourself up over it... move on to the blond beast. his writing is largely based on nietzsche, but you wouldn't guess it if you described the tone. it mainly discusses why the last psychiatrist's describing the problem isn't enough to solve the problem, and how narcissism is a product of shame. shame is best dealt with via positive, kind feelings towards yourself, but from a position of strength, which is why most positive psychology fails.

you might want to go to a therapist after this. (you'll need less time and money because the insight stage is free.) now that you have all the insight you'll ever need; you just need practice forming trusting relationships
>>
>>128987963
i largely agree with that; it's actually a fairly good summary of the second blog i linked. however, i see value in recognizing how the self-hatred is expressed, because it's easier to solve a problem you're consciously aware of
>>
>>128982585
The Christian notion of "turn the other cheek" is fucking idiotic. Like the crusaders, like our forefathers turned the other cheek. Like it fucking solved anything. Truly a masochistic way to live, or rather die.

Also I do agree with you man, it is painful, especially when you live with others. I work 9 hours, 5 times a week, when I get home I want to relax with a book and study a bit so I can get ahead in life, but everyone else is either watching some netflix shit loudly or playing games loudly.

Not that I don't do these occasionally, but what the fuck can you watch for 4-5 hours every evening?

And the worst are the fatties, who are simply described:

>wants to lose weight
>eats shitty food
>works out every day, doing bullshit
>eats more shitty food
>w-why can't I loose weight?
>try to help them based on evidence
>lol no that is bullshit

People are so locked in their own repetitive loops that they are literally unable to think outside that fucking box.

Ayn Rant.
>>
>But feminists and Ron are reading this the wrong way. Porn is not causing him to be disconnected from women, he is already disconnected from them, and the only person that will have him is online. He's not retreating into porn because real women don't measure up, he's retreating into it because he doesn't measure up. He's not porn material. He doesn't expect or want that women will naturally act like porn stars in bed, he expects that he will be able to turn them into porn stars in bed, with his massive dong packing her into a creaming pliancy. It is his failure to be able to do this that drives him back to porn.

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2011/02/hes_just_not_that_into_anyone.html

my god
>>
>>128989037
>He's not porn material.
>>128989037
>He's not porn material.
>he expects that he will be able to turn them into porn stars in bed,
This already doesn't add up
>>
File: poser witch.jpg (502KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
poser witch.jpg
502KB, 1024x768px
>>128979804
>Someone telling a story that you see as clearly boastful or fabricated to be more interesting.
That drives me fucking nuts!

All my stories are true. And I don't want to hear your fake ones for FUCK SAKES! Life is crazy enough, just be real

I do fake laugh, but that's to deal with people. Otherwise I would just sigh all the time and roll my eyes.
>>
>>128989535
of course it doesn't; the second belief is a futile attempt to ward off the shame caused by the first belief
>>
>>128984346
They'd be less fake if they weren't encouraged into the public space so much, T.B.H.
>>
>>128988898
Anti-Christian!
>>
>mfw this entire thread
>>
>>128990388
Ye I went and read the context. For some reason he thinks he's porn material but doesn't expect the women to be.
>>
>>128979804
Yup.

See it everywhere. Constantly.

From the virtue signalling to the consumerism...

It's very rare to find a professional that isn't like this.

Politicians are absolute pros.
>>
Nice political discussion
>>>/r9k/
>>
File: 525321464641164.png (183KB, 407x405px) Image search: [Google]
525321464641164.png
183KB, 407x405px
HEY CHRISTKEKS!

Can you stop shitting up every fucking thread like it's 8ch all over again you fucking Jew worshipers?

Nobody wants to hear your pathetic insecurity or pay you neet bux to listen to your sermons online!

No one is sitting in your abandon churches with old smelly sad people to listen to archaic bullshit. It's bad enough they tried to brainwash us all in school.
>>128990555
kek and checked
>>
Life is a masquerade. But what's underneath the masks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw9zSMsKcwk
>>
>>128980231
Underrated..And with legit points.
>>
File: fight club marla.gif (249KB, 500x210px) Image search: [Google]
fight club marla.gif
249KB, 500x210px
>>128984513

F

I've been in both situations and know that feeling.
>>
File: bSINTPk.jpg (282KB, 1024x1049px) Image search: [Google]
bSINTPk.jpg
282KB, 1024x1049px
>>128980231
Is that you, jayden?
>>
Terrible thread. Is this who posts on pol nowadays? Whiny Holden Caulfield types who belong in r9k?

It's called socializing, and it's not a big deal.
>>
File: npc.png (264KB, 1265x604px) Image search: [Google]
npc.png
264KB, 1265x604px
>>128980914
>>128982306
>>128982585
>>128979804
It's definitely a thing. If you're on here you're most likely not an NPC
>>
You can count on one hand the amount of friends I have for that reason...I'm not like most people, I enjoy actually being by myself mostly but I'd say that the reason people seem fake is because of survival mechanisms in place that could probably be traced back to biology tbqh. Humans are social animals. I need to find a way to be more into people myself because it's good for you.
>>
i think i have masturbated to tory lane more than any other porn star

pornstars like 8 years ago seemed to like having sex a lot more than the ones today
>>
>>128979804
Vanessa Lane
>>
>>128980175
t.extrovert
>>
File: 01a.jpg (9KB, 290x218px) Image search: [Google]
01a.jpg
9KB, 290x218px
>>128998230
you can count the amount of friends i have in the hands of a congolese thief.
>>
>>128979804

video source of the pic captured?
Thread posts: 148
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.