[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why shouldn't we have a $15 minimum wage?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 38

File: 129847.jpg (313KB, 2000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
129847.jpg
313KB, 2000x1334px
Why shouldn't we have a $15 minimum wage?
>>
>>127644590
https://youtu.be/128g8yJI65w
>>
>>127644590
inflation
>>
Because if we had (and it were enforced) there would be no point in importing hordes of cheap labor anymore.
>>
>>127644590
Immigrants aren't aware of labor laws. Therefore we should have no minimum wage until everyone speaks English again.
>>
>>127644590
fuck wendys they fill their chili cups an inch and a half below the rim
>>
Read the black economist man.
>>
>>127644590
No need for it.
>>
Is anyone else unnerved that Wendy's big advertising point these days is that their meat is not frozen? That's a very fucking weird thing for a food place to advertise. They are advertising that they do the bare minimum you hope they would do.
>>
>paying niggers 15 an hour to fuck up my order

No.
>>
>>127644590
reminder this is a auto-generated bot-posted thread
>>
Minimum wage increase means goods now cost twice as much.
I only make $19 am hour so everything just gets even more expensive for me.

Also mom and pop shops would be impossible to own even more so than now.
>>
>>127645117
no it isn't cunt, my friend brought it up in an argument and I can only think of a couple reasons to not have it
>>
>>127645211
Then you have failed so hard that your post looked like filler bot trash. Do you really think we haven't seen this stuff before?
>>
>>127644590
Why not 40?
>>
>>127645444
filler bot trash gets replies though, even if it looks fake everybody still takes bait
>>
>>127645211
See>>127645578
>>
>>127644590
For the same reason you don't have universal health care, you don't give a fuck about each other.
>>
>>127645763
I don't give a shit about shit skins, you're right
>>
>>127644964
I think it has more to do with demonizing the competition rather than promoting they do the bare minimum...
>>
>>127644590
Why shouldn't we have a $1 million / hour wage? That way everybody would be rich!

If you can answer this question then you will have the answer to your question as well.
>>
Why shouldn't we have a $1500 minimum wage?
We could end poverty overnight
>>
>>127644590
Why not $100/hr?

That will surely get them right out of poverty.
>>
The average restaurant works on less than a 15% profit margin, Not large chains mind you, so increase wages by up to 100% no profit so no reason for my cookery to continue to give you a job and stay in business. Plus that 5 dolla burger you eating will now cost you 10 dolla dummy. its always passed on to you burger flippers. get a real job, Rid the country of illegal laborers.
>>
>>127644590
Doesn't improve the product, doesn't improve working conditions, doesn't improve the company's financial figures unless you're deliberately creating your own new market ala Ford.
What it does is make the McNiggers more expensive to hire and automation relatively speaking much cheaper.

And yes, while automation is a meme in many industries, don't tell me you wouldn't prefer ordering from a computer that never fucks up your order, never spits in your food and always prepares the meal perfectly.
We're talking bottom of the food chain businesses that don't need the human touch which many people are obsessed with. The chef's pay is already way better than $15.
>>
>>127644964
It's supposed to show how fresh their meats are. you don't have patties sitting in a freezer for 3 months before they're served to you
>>
>>127646141
>>127646125
This

No own will explain why this can't work or why it has to be 15......
>>
>>127645763
That's only a half-truth.

The real reason is our mode of representative democracy allows private health insurance companies to bribe our elected officials so they operate in favor of the private insurers and not the constituents.

It's a serious problem, and we don't know how to fix it.
>>
>>127644590
Because people would realize how fucked up the system is.
>>
>>127644964
If it's not frozen, it must be fresh. Health and safety boxes are checked, so there's no other way except turbocharged chemical manipulation.
>>
>>127644590
The real question is why shouldn't we have 14 dollar Big Mac meals.
>>
File: 314159.jpg (105KB, 653x649px) Image search: [Google]
314159.jpg
105KB, 653x649px
>>127644590
>>127644755
Yes mhuh (((inflation))) goy
>>
I own the controlling stake of a mid-size industrial automation firm. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the minimum wage $15.
>>
>>127644590
You have no skills or education

And based on life experience you are lazy and stupid

>tfw used to be a region manager of a chain who franchises Wendys
>>
because after a while they would want to increase it more after they get used to that.
>>
Why should a teenagers first job be a wage a adult thinks he can have a family with.
>>
>>127644590
why shouldnt we have a $115 minimum wage?
>>
>>127644590
This is why we need automatia running fast-food.
>>
>>127644590
Why no $15 and hour? Because robots will be able to do it for less than that. Some places are already starting to put in automated ordering kiosks. It'll probably happen anyways, but the higher the minimum wage goes the quicker it'll happen.
>>
>>127646893
They won't answer you.

Some one said 15 dollars a while ago and now it's their go to.
>>
Raising the minimum wage isn't going to do shit when the people bitching about not being able to live on it are trying to live in the most expensive cities in the world or have half a dozen children. It's going to need to go up $1 every year to maintain that kind of lifestyle. If hipster fucks want to flip burgers for the rest of their lives they can go live in a part of the fucking country that isn't expensive like San Francisco or Seattle.
>>
>>127644590
why not $150 /hr?
>>
>>127644590
In your country?

Literally no.

In my country?

Fuck no.

It should be €50 in my country, and $0 in the US.

tl;dr Just make slavery legally legal legally again.

Also, who the fuck's/what's calle?
>>
File: 1486470486041.jpg (123KB, 529x732px) Image search: [Google]
1486470486041.jpg
123KB, 529x732px
>>127644755
>inflation
Rich people having more money than god is okay. That doesn't affect it at all. Totally cool.
>>
>if we raise the minimum wage they'll replace workers with machines

Can someone explain to me how this isn't the case either way? I don't see how employees wage factors into the fact that eventually businesses will want to automate all jobs.
>>
>>127647166
Or the increase in the cost of life is surreal and unreachable.
You do understand that if you don't get an augmentation equal to the increase in the cost of life in fact you accept a salary diminution ?
If you don't you don't understand why you're getting poorer.
The problem still how the bank cartel steal money and enslave humanity.
Now you just sound like someone dictating the worth of someone else life. Who the fuck you think you are pedro.
>>
>>127647437
Raising the minimum wage to 15$,will solve this?
>>
>>127644590
If we had a $15 min wage the robots will replace the workers. It's already happening.
>>
>>127646317
Can confirm. The grade D frozen meat pucks at McDs are normally pretty fucking old.

>You think the nogs rotate stock in the walk in? lol... silly goys
>>
>>127647491
Because there is still a slight preference to dealing with humans but when enough businesses make the jump the complacent populace won't blink or complain
>>
>>127646347
People don't like having to explain shit to retards, so they just ignore you.
>>
>>127647728
They sure like to ask their opinion though don't they
Case in point the thread.
>>
>>127644807
The flip is some old lady will burn her junk off and sue you if it's too full, or the lid isn't glued on, or it's at a proper temperature, or if it's too spicy etc.....

No win situation my man.
>>
>>127644590
It's fine as long as you are ok with your rent doubling or tripling. Trust me as a landlord this would be great for me. In a low cost Midwest area I am at $750/room. My math on this means that at a minimum my poorest customer can afford $1500/room. That means A LOT more income for me.

The point it, forget about inflation it creates a price floor. Something much harder to overcome.
>>
>>127644807

If you're eating chilli from Wendy's you need to neck yourself my man.
>>
machines are coming for almost every job in a few decades anyway so its going to have to transform into a gibs economy eventually or no one will have a job to earn money to buy the products that are made by the robots who stole yer jerb

these macro/micro min wage memes and all the like are going to be bronze age tier plebness in no time

times a changin
>>
>>127646163
Costs on essential items will increase first. It is called a price floor. These happen to be low profit items that everyone uses and when the prices increase on them it impacts the poor much more than everyone else.
>>
Why shouldn't we have a $100 minimum wage?
>>
>>127644590
>Why shouldn't we have a $15 minimum wage?

A better question is why shouldn't we lower the cost of living?

Think your question through. $15 dollars an hour for jobs that require nothing, not even a high school diploma or GED. Employers already pay behind the scenes for "privilege" of employing; more than just divvying up a paycheck for low wage workers.

$15 dollars an hour now means the transition toward automation, smart systems, and local AI running entire operations will begin in earnest. Why? Because $15 an hour per employee is too much when a one time cost + basic maintenance machine will do the job of fifteen people 24/7.
>>
>>127644590
Because it only affects 2% of the population. 98% of people earn more than minimum wage.
>>
>>127646389
Bullshit, private healthcare came about as an alternative method of offsetting pay to attract better workers. This is because of the high nominal rates in the 50's that forced a workaround.
>>
>>127648366
Businesses can't afford it, and neither can the state. Not at today's inflation, maybe in a century.
>>
>>127644590

If you can't get a job that pays $15 now, what makes you think you'll be able to get one if minimum wage is increased? Changing what minimum wage is doesn't change you and what you are worth per hour.

What it does mean though is anyone who isn't worth $15 an hour isn't getting a job anymore.
>>
>>127644590

Your labor isn't worth $15 an hour.
>>
>>127648278
Actually its all set up to usher in a one world dictatorship. Low skilled high population races won't be able to compete in the future and higher in races like Asian and whites are again trend setting and set to be the only competition to Jews by having low populations if higher educated children. The mass push for low skilled immigration while knowing this can only be explained as a planned crisis when labor shortages hit and these masses of shit skins can't feed themselves the riots will start and the higher iq races will rush to the government to then protect them and this will make population control and straight up death squads palatable. The jews have no need to give fee money to shit skins when they won't have a large working population to tax it make no sense for them, they are simply a tool against their completion that once we are in their fold will be disposes of.
>>
>>127648492
Don't forget that robots would be a capital cost.

The tax implications being that they write depreciation off over the life of the hardware.

It's win win... better, safer food for us and nogs can go be the doctors and engineers they always knew they could be!
>>
>>127648576
Not all can afford 15....
>>
>>127646725
I've got to get in on that action. If those idiots actually managed to get a $15 min wage those shares will go up up up.

I'll be making money while Deshaun and Juanita get handed their severence pay.
>>
>>127644590
The same reason we shouldn't have a $300 minimum wage or a $1,000,000 minimum wage.
>>
>>127644590

Why shouldn't we have the cost of rent fixed to 30% of whatever is minimum wage?
>>
>>127648819
Against their competition*
>>
>>127644590
Effectively that would just speed up automation. They'll get their $15 an hour but now they have a robot for a burger flipper and a kiosk to handle the orders. I think all they would be good for at that point is to watch that no one steals anything and talking to customers when necessary.
>>
>>127644590
Because I don't want milk and bread to cost $30
>>
>>127649106
Because then the quality of the home will be fixed at 30% percent of what it is now.
>>
>>127649039
Why not a $15 one though wanna answer the question cuck?
>>
>>127644590
although money is used for transactions, what economics is more fundamentally about is how resources are used

changing the numbers on things,at best, will change nothing. prices would rearrange to reflect their previous relative values.

in reality, things don't change that quickly. labor arrangements that made sense at the previous prices will no longer be mutually beneficial. it will be illegal to continue things at a price that both sides agree on.

the only way to improve the material wealth of all people is to use our resources in the optimal way.

we are using a gargantuan portion of this country's wealth on fighting wars around the world. technological research and manufacturing is being used on weapons. that research and manufacturing should instead be used for productive uses.

there are 1.4 million people in the military. imagine what we could build. imagine the services we could receive. imagine how much of this country could be repaired. imagine how well we could be educated. imagine the medical care. imagine all the things we AMERICANS could be getting from that labor.

but the people at mcdonalds, and the people in board rooms are getting robbed in order to misdirect those 1.4 million people. they aren't just creating nothing. they are destroying things and killing people.

we could be at peace with those countries and trade with them. they'll make even more stuff, and we'll sell them our stuff in exchange for their stuff.

the military is the biggest thing, but there's so many other people who are getting paid too much to either do nothing or to violate the rights of private citizens. they could be making stuff.

so that's why I don't want there to be a $15 minimum wage.
>>
>>127649207
Why should it ? It will not cost suddenly 4000% more to produce. All you goy defending corporation interest is beyond funny. Dont ask yourselves why your country is that cucked wew.
>>
i'm in favor of this only because it will mean i don't have to interact with 80 iq mud people when i get my big boy tendies
>>
>>127649274

As long as it has a roof it's fine. I can use an electric showerhead for water and a stove for heat.
>>
>>127644964
"Fresh not frozen" has been their selling point for decades.
>>
File: 1486608032507.png (260KB, 500x883px) Image search: [Google]
1486608032507.png
260KB, 500x883px
>>127644590
1. inflation.
2. 15 dollars will be just that: the new minimum. it won't get you anything more than what you can currently afford with it because of #1.
3. it will QUICKLY become apparent that it would be cheaper for an employer to buy some kind of automated machine to do the entry level, no experience required stuff.
4. ultimately, this would destroy many entry level, no experience required positions, thus making it that much harder for young workers/those entering a new field to find gainful employment.

3 and 4 are probably on the way anyway, but this 15 USD min wage pot of leprechaun's gold would just speed it up even further.

if the people whining about 15 USD min wage hated the big business/wall street/1% boogeyman before, then this will give them FAR more to complain about.
>>
>>127649431
>confirmed for never owning a home

Enjoy your complete lack of insulation and I hope you like plastic windows
>>
>>127648934
Yup. Then I push to have my manufacturing moved to Mexico to keep my costs the same. These democrats would be shoveling money at me faster than I could spend it.
>>
>>127649380
You still have to pay people in the production and shipping process. Granted I'm using hyperbole in my claim but you can't deny basic goods would increase if we paint brushed wages to $15 per hr
>>
>>127647139
Some liberals did a study and found that $15 an hour will lift you above the poverty line. That's the reason they want $15.

They don't seem to understand words like inflation and automation.

People who don't know a thing about business think they can tell businessmen how to run their businesses.

It's all political.
>>
>>127644590
Because it would make most of our physical currency useless. Inflation isn't complicated.
>>
>>127644590
Why not give every single American $1,000,000?

What could the harm be?
>>
>>127649654
This is why climate change legislation will never work without invading other counties and forcing them to follow it or adopting a strict nationalistic market where ourself and our allies only trade between out domestically made products

Liberals are fucking stupid.
>>
>>127644590
Oh yeah we can, have fun paying for your $20 big mac and never being able to make a business.
>>
>>127645986
you don't give a fuck about yourself. "I don't give a fuck about shitskins" is what you say to yourself to feel better.
>>
File: varg.jpg (4KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
varg.jpg
4KB, 208x206px
>>127644590
We shouldn't have (((fast food))) or (((consumerism)))
>>
>>127649343
>wanna answer the question
I did, dipshit, go re-read my post.
>>
I work for 8 per hour for a small business. They have to pay basically 16 per hour when you include insurance and shit. They cannot afford a literal doubling of their labor costs. Also raising the pay floor fucks anyone who is currently making 15 an hour because now they are worthless.

If you want to make more money get a real job. Not fast food or retail.
>>
>>127644964
Frozen food loses all flavor, you have to sray it with food perfume so it gets some flavor back, thats why stuff tastes like it does in basft food business, you're literally tasing perfume.
>>
>>127649724

>>127649744
rare
go for it genius explain to us how inflation prevent a minimum wage to be above the living poverty line.
>All those neet who truly think they know what inflation mean.
>>
>>127644590
Would inflate all other prices and get the same problem again. Then what? 20$ an hour? 25$?
>>
>>127649724
I don't see how someone could make the claim 15 dollars a hour can universally make every one in every state above poverty line.
>>
>>127649905
I do give a fuck about myself that's why I have a job with health insurance provided.....
>>
>>127649607

Yeah how could 100% of the population own a home when 100% of the jobs don't pay enough? Are you stupid?
>>
>>127644700
Fuck off posting this in so many threads.
>>
File: 12412.jpg (427KB, 1000x848px) Image search: [Google]
12412.jpg
427KB, 1000x848px
>>127649693
it would increase only if the people doing money of it and the government taxing it are not absorbing the difference or doing their part. They're already rich enough but fuck the pleb right.
>>
>>127644590

That could lead to rich franchise owners being slightly less rich, and we can't have that in Trumps America.
>>
>>127649343
Because flipping burgers isn't worth $15 an hour, increased labor costs are passed down to consumers (that's you champ), and it is harmful to smaller businesses with lower profit margins. Also anyone trying to make a career out of a shitty minimum wage job is a subhuman with 0 ambition that makes poor life choices.
But if you really think Tyrone deserves $15 an hour to fuck up cheeseburgers because he was dumb enough to have kids at 17 without even graduating high school, feel free to pay $30 for a burger in niggertown.
>>
The skills do not warrant the wage. Hardly a shortage of skills. Supply and demand principles.
>>
>>127650005
businesses won't eat the cost of every teenagers first job in the country making what a adult expects to live on.
>>
>>127650250
>"Out" in ID
Praise Kek. He spots retards for us.
>>
>>127650250
>Trumps America.
Obongo didn't want it either.
>>
>>127650094
What the fuck are you talking About?
>>
>>127644590
millions get 15 min wage, while millions more lose altogether, seems like a moot solution
>>
>>127644590
We will in 2018/2019 in NYC. It's already scheduled and signed. Other states will follow. Now stop with these bullshit threads.
>>
>>127644590
inflation, offer and demands.
>>
Where does the money come from?

Why should a minimum wage be enough to raise a family on?
>>
>>127650609
Other states can afford a 15 dollar min wage

>I dont understand how cost of loving and state by state economics works.
>>
>>127650735
Can't *
>>
>>127644590

because we don't need to
>>
>>127649744
Our physical currency is already useless. It's just paper, redeemable for more paper.
>>
>>127650735
Living* fuck
>>
>>127650091
No, you have a job and a healthcare provider because you want to remain living in this illusion your ego has created for you. Nobody else can read this, it's just you and me.
>>
>>127644964
wendies is also hilariously jewish for underfilling everything you order. If you order a large drink, you get a medium in a large cup with a shit load of ice inside it. they do this with pretty much everything on their menu.
>>
>>127644590
why shouldn't we have a $20 minimum wage? $25? $40? $100?? Why shouldn't we?
>>
>>127650891
it's not plebbit mang. don't worry so much about the grammer
>>
why stop at 15? why not make it 25? or 50?
hell, let's just make it 100
why not?
>>
>>127644590
Work on order accuracy and we'll talk.
>>
>>127644590
Because it will destroy the economy, increase unemployment, increase prices, and embolden crazy people that think that things that provably don't work are things they should continue to try.
>>
>>127644590
Because I work in fast food and can tell you that none of the fucks who work there deserve that
>>
>>127650948
What the fuck are you talking about you cuck

Hahahaahhahha gasp hahhaha
>>
fuck it, just take all the rich people's money and give it to poor people
that will fix everything overnight
do i have to do everything around here?
>>
we say that $15/hr will usher in automation and that's a bad thing

what we should really propose is that automation be ramped up as much as possible.

the prosperity of workers is a function of how productive a single worker is.

if a single worker can press one button and a finished Ferrari drops out of a machine, then that worker can be paid a fuckton

it also means EVERYBODY can get a Ferrari.

if one person can run an entire restaurant, that means every street will have a

Mcdonalds
Taco Bell
Five Guys
Qdoba
Arby's
B-Dubs
Carl's Jr
Chick Fil-A
and every other restaurant currently existing
and a bunch of new ones that will pop up

whatever can't be automated will be much much better because there will be more workers to do those things.

automation will never be "too good"

we will never have enough stuff. once a formerly unattainable luxury is a proletarian staple, we will imagine new levels of artisanal detail and technological convenience.
>>
>>127651240
This.

So. Who stands to gain from this? Surely the dems don't really care about these workers.

There is an end game here if y'all look into it.
>>
>>127651248
Samadhi
>>
>>127651428
you're gay

fuck you

die in a dildo fight

fuckstick
>>
>>127650987
Because no one deserve to be a slave ? Not even a modern one ? Fuck off brainless moran.
You all sayin the same like someone doesn deserve the minimum decency for a hard work of life. All that so some CEO and edge found kid
goes buy their 5th car and 3 house ?
Dumb fuck all of you.

Inflation is a scam by the government to cover the never ending growing debt they contract with the central bank to enslave the working class.
Wake up Neo.
>>
File: abb.jpg (168KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
abb.jpg
168KB, 960x960px
>>127651342
No need, increase minimum wage, all poor get richer, increase all wage, not only minimal, and EVERYONE get's richer. World hunger solved.
>>
File: 1491149444747.jpg (164KB, 800x936px) Image search: [Google]
1491149444747.jpg
164KB, 800x936px
>>127644590
Learn what profit margin is you uneducated porch monkey.
>>
>>127651492
Jesus Christ they have taken over the Internet there too.....
>>
>>127651502
automation will create better dildos

the fights will be even sexier and the deaths will be more brutal

the sticks will fuck harder and harder
>>
>>127646661
yeah minimum wage will stop them bankers
lol
>>
File: 2938472389479283.png (184KB, 393x432px) Image search: [Google]
2938472389479283.png
184KB, 393x432px
Because the shit work they do isn't worth $15/hour. Minimum wage jobs were never meant to be lifelong career paths.

>Let's just remove the incentive for self-improvement and watch societal productivity skyrocket.

Retarded.
>>
>>127651541
okay, but let's not make the minimum wage $15 an hour
let's make it $1500 an hour!
that will fix everyting
seriously, why stop at 15?
>>
>>127651540
Importing thousands of shit skin low skilled workers and claiming we have to is how they cover thsie model of constant growth.
>>
>>127644964
Wendy's burgers have been shit since the late 80s/early 90s, along with most other fast food places. Can't really blame them though since the FDA allowed garbage like high fructose corn syrup and pink slime to enter the market which fresh meat and produce suppliers can't compete with.
>>
>>127651640
I tried to help you. It's up to you now.

Auf wiedersehen.
>>
>>127651177
this is hyperbolic, though the increased wages will be reflected in employment and pricing. it'd be a net win for the wage earners who stayed employed, though, albeit offset.

The real answer is that its band-aid on a bullet hole. our education system needs an overhaul to be more vocational.
>>
>>127651893
Get a job.
>>
File: macrons-wife-artist-conception.jpg (92KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
macrons-wife-artist-conception.jpg
92KB, 300x315px
>>127644964

The profits of these companies is set by creating the slightest differentiation from the competition, which is largely completely identical.

Burger King used to "brag" that their burgers were "flame broiled."

Subway claiming their food is made by "sandwich artists" is much better than admitting they're made by child molesters. etc.
>>
>>127650233
Implying they wont fuck us more
>>
>>127644590
>wage
How plebeian. lrn2barter
>>
File: science.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
science.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>127651818
I think we're on to something here. Can we write a paper on this?
>>
>>127644590
Because if you had it, then you wouldn't have a job anymore.

Your job would be given up and replaced with an automaton or a kiosk. After UC Berkeley touted the $15 minimum wage, hundreds of staff were fired. They're already replacing various clerks such as those in McDonalds with kiosks in places like Florida, South Carolina and others. My local AMC theatre cut its staff and replaced its clerks with kiosks that customers can use to pay by themselves.
>>
>>127651901
Wow guys I got a 3 dollar min wage increase why does everything basic I require to live on cost 3.50 more.
>>
The state should have no power to enforce a minimum wage. The freer the market the freer the people.

Which enumerated power gives the state the power to enforce a minimum wage?
>>
>>127644590
Why shouldn't we have a $150 minimum wage?
>>
>>127645117
How do you know?
>>
File: incomeVsInflation.png (36KB, 908x629px) Image search: [Google]
incomeVsInflation.png
36KB, 908x629px
>>127644590
>>
>>127644964
>They are advertising that they do the bare minimum you hope they would do.
MADE WITH REAL FOOD.
NO ARTIFICIAL COLORS OR FLAVORS.

ahahahaahhahahahahaa get me off this burger ride
>>
Why shouldn't we have a $100 per hour minimum wage?
>>
>>127644964
Worked in a meat packing and shipping plant in high school. When sealed and frozen properly, meat will defrost as if it had never been frozen at all, even years later. The "fresh, never frozen" meme makes me cringe so hard.
>>
Why shouldn't we have a $1500000000000000000000 minimum wage?
>>
I got two hot dogs and instead if diced tomatoes they gave me unions.
I fucking hate raw onions
Same place always always always fucks up my subs

15 dollars when you can actually make my damn food.
>>
File: i dont even know what gender.jpg (47KB, 948x711px) Image search: [Google]
i dont even know what gender.jpg
47KB, 948x711px
>>127644590
I too would like more money without earning it, tell me more
>>
File: colin-kaepernick-stupid tit.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
colin-kaepernick-stupid tit.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
>>127644590
^because this douche bag is not worth a minimum wage let alone w/e you would pay him to suc your dic...^
>>
>>127652532
>tell me more
>>>/r9k/
ask the pros on neetbux
>>
File: 1495284980184.jpg (763KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1495284980184.jpg
763KB, 2048x1365px
>>127644590
Here's a gay celebrity (I know how seriously you take those) to help you out.
https://youtu.be/yC9b-rh6ywE
>>
File: communism.jpg (277KB, 640x2400px) Image search: [Google]
communism.jpg
277KB, 640x2400px
>>127650233
>>
>>127645159
negative, fast food for example the employees are only like 10% if that of the final product's cost
>>
>>127650956
In the US 99% of restaurants let you fill your own cup, and you get free refills. This includes Wendy's, BK and McD, and varies more by location than by chain.
>>
>>127646877
because there's no god damn jobs for adults anymore that can pay a living wage, because rich fucks exported them all so they could make a few more pennies
>>
>>127652822
>phone
>computer
would trade in for communism
>>
>>127645052
This. Every fucking time i go get fasr food, i always get jewed.
And everytime i always say they don't deserve 15 fucking dollars
>>
>>127644807

I got some today and I shit you not the cup was halfway full.
>>
>>127644763
This.
>>
>>127644590

as soon as you make those jobs 15 bucks an hour it becomes more profitable to use machines for service.
>>
>>127653042
Move to NK then faggot. I wouldn't.
>>
>>127646068
/thread
>>
>>127651975
You're an idiot.
>>
>>127650956
>>127653066
Stop using the drive through you fucking fatties.
>>
File: average NK girl.jpg (2MB, 2153x1435px) Image search: [Google]
average NK girl.jpg
2MB, 2153x1435px
>>127653123
>NK
mmmmmm Korean pussy yes pls
>>
>>127652532
You're still going to be earning it, you incomprehensible mouth-breather.
>>
File: chinese-sweat-shop.jpg (70KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
chinese-sweat-shop.jpg
70KB, 620x413px
Why have the government interfere with business at all? If there are people who can't thrive in a system of unrestricted capitalism, then let them die off. If you can't distinguish yourself enough to justify a business paying you more, then you shouldn't bitch about not being paid more. Simple as that.
>>
>>127653042
Same it's kinda of the starting point of the downfall of humanity.
We talk about real communism not dictature but whatever.
Democracy doesn exist nor communism nowadays its only larper who throw buzzword without any meaning.
>>
>>127652992
I am 27 with a hs diploma and have a home and family because I got a low level call center job and worked up in the company....go get a trade job and you would be even better off than me earlier..
>>
>>127653333
SKs are fed by Capitalism, NK gooks are malnourished and ugly.
>>
>>127647437
American public education in action, folks
>>
>>127653333
>NK for communism
>Posts SK capitalist pop stars

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girls%27_Generation

How fucking moronic do you have to be, leaf?
>>
>>127653222
lurk more
>>
>>127644590
Because you are locking EVERYONE without a college education into no job, and everyone with a meme degree making $15/hour.

I had a job at 14 delivering news papers. I got a "real" job selling video games at a store at 16. At 18, I was working in an office as a loan rep, working at the video game place evenings, and working at a audio/video store for commission on weekends. I did that for 2 years and saved every cent.

Get the fuck out of here with this 15 an hour shit. The paradox is that ANYONE who thinks they DESERVE $15/hour probably does not.

t: Skilled construction worker who EARNED his pay.
>>
File: cockflavouredsoup-orig.jpg (43KB, 377x475px) Image search: [Google]
cockflavouredsoup-orig.jpg
43KB, 377x475px
>>127653527
>malnourished
i'll feed em real good like
>>
You can have minimum wage at $15 an hour once you pass a monthly drug test get off welfare and work no less than 40 hours per week. Deal? The gibsmedats think they are gonna supplement their lavish Wal-mart lifestyle with extra cash on there 20/15 hour per week job while still using their bullshit hand outs.
>>
>>127644590
Albertafag here. It's not even there yet and we're still completely fucked as it is.
>>
>>127651428
this is a good post
i've never thought about it like that
>>
>>127653501
communism is the fucking catalyst for dictatorship you dumb fuck. that's why its NEVER worked. not because it hasnt been "done right" kys
>>
>>127653466
The big argument is that you can construct oppressive local monopolies, which act like dams preventing the benefits of capitalism from reaching the consumer, keeping it within the business.

Consider the following hypothetical:

You are McD. Your competitors can sell burgers for $4, you can sell for $5. You are bigger than your competitor, so you have $400 billion more available for "side practices"

Is it more cost effective to lower costs, or to burn down all your competitors' buildings in an area by paying local bums, then jacking prices up?

Protip: It's the arson.
>>
>>127653656
ahahahaha i knew i'd trigger a few of you weeabos on this korean basket weaving documentary forum
>>
>>127644590
OUT!!!
>>
>>127653514
>low level call center
In other word a secretary.
Definition it self of slavery.

>ITT we got a bunch of nigger crying mhuh if i can't get more burgerflipper will have less.
What a down right degenerate mentality. Always attack the poor never the rich even if what they take and steal is DISPROPORTIONATE to everything.

How can American be so fucking backward thinking all the time like it's normal.
>>
File: onlypretend.png (4KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
onlypretend.png
4KB, 698x1284px
>>127653934
>>
Why shouldn't we have $.01/ gallon gas?
>>
I don't think we should. I say keep it at 10 dollar a hour and adjust for inflation every year. 15 dollars is absolutely ridiculous to me.
>>
Ya you stupid poor people, why don't you just stop being poor and be rich? Everyone can be a doctor or lawyer. It's simple, just stop sleeping and you can spend the 6-8 hours in between the two jobs you have to work to go to college which you pay for by sucking dicks in between jobs and in 4-10 years you can be a rich. So simple
>>
>>127653466
free market is comparatively much better for the lowest of the low than for the super rich

it is better for both rich and poor, unless you are super rich because of government regulation, like Carlos Slim

but look at China. they went HALFWAY to market economics from extreme government control.

the poor went from *dying in the tens of millions* to *sorta prosperous*

they're still poorer than us, but that's a HUGE improvement.

stop acting like market economics is social darwinism. in practice it's the economic conceptualization of Robin Hood
>>
Why didn't you negotiate for a $15/hr salary when you voluntarily signed a contract that explicitly laid out the terms and conditions for the exchange of "labor" for compensation?
>>
Because minimum wage jobs are not for the 30 year old to live off of. It is for the 16, 17, 18, 19 year old to make a little money while learning to be an adult while they live in their parents basement and go to college. You are supposed to move past those types of jobs, not make them your life.

The best solution for someone who wants to make more than minimum wage is to apply themselves and provide a skill to society that pays more. Flipping burgers or wiping tables isn't it.
>>
>>127646661
>the tiers in the "pyramid" scheme don't decrease in size as you go up
NiceMe.me
>>
>>127644755
That's why we should have a higher minimum wage, to keep up with inflation
>>
>>127654134
I prefer locally adjustable, since right now 7.25 is still plenty in most western states.

I pay $500/mo rent for a nice 2 bedroom apartment. For a single shared room I could go as low as $230. Utilities go up another ~$100 total. That means one person can pay rent on full-time minimum wage and still have ~45% of their income left with a 2-bedroom (2 parents + 2 kids) household.

This doesn't account for all the benefits you get working for that little with that many dependents. EITC, SNAP, etc. add up to several hundreds per month in benefits.
>>
File: ahmed.jpg (30KB, 615x409px) Image search: [Google]
ahmed.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
>>127654349
Amen brother preach!

>Allah will destroy the moochers and nigger food service workers
>>
>>127654174
nobody says its easy you fucking queer. it takes hard work, dedication, and proof you can move beyond being a whore. you act like people are simply handed skills
>>
>>127644590
Velocity of a dollar
>>
>>127644590
Why shouldn't we divide cost of living by 15?
>>
>>127644590
Because supply and demand applies to labor as well as goods. If you increase the price, demand goes down and jobs become more scarce
>>
>>127654280
Why everyone call it free market when nothing of it is free.
It would be free if the central bank would be nationalized.
Freemarket doesn exist. Right now it's corporate-fascism. U.s is now a corporation.
>>
>>127646163
>get a real job

How do I do this?
>>
>>127654448
raising min wage creates inflation moron.
>pay employees more
>need to charge more to pay employees
>customers need to make more to buy products
>customers demand higher pay from employers
>employers raise prices to pay employees
>etc etc
>>
>>127654174
You can get into the 45k/year (~$20/hr) range with just a 2 year degree, which is easy to get with just night classes. You could also get various trade certs, like machining, trucking, welding, etc. All of these are easy to get in your off-work time, and put you well above even the $15/hr minimum you want.

Plus, you actually become useful to society instead of a glorified vending machine/billboard.
>>
>>127644590
why cant we have a 100$ minimum wage?
>>
>>127654803
Not even one person in this thread defined what is inflation and why is it even existing.
Just fuck the poor amirit.
>>
>>127644590
Because the people that are stuck with minimum wage jobs and have difficulties getting better jobs do not apply themselves or devote enough time to work.
I wrote a whole story in another thread about the difference between me and one of my friends who both started with minimum wage jobs living in the same house a little over a year ago and how he put more time in his social life and thought work was a little overrated and now he's a NEET and struggles getting a gas station job, meanwhile I devoted myself to work and now I make several times over the minimum wage and am doing great for my young age.

Raising minimum wage won't solve anything. The end result will be that the US dollar loses power; we'll all be making at least $15/hr but we'll also be spending $10 per gallon of gas, or paying $18 for a big mac meal, etc.
We'll move closer to currencies like the Peso, Yen, and Ruble where being a millionaire means nothing close to the same as being a millionaire with US dollars
>>
>>127651428
That would be awesome if there were about 700 people.
>>
File: kvpaw.gif (1MB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
kvpaw.gif
1MB, 288x288px
>>127654522
Ya having states adjust the wage based on cost of living is even better. From personal experience though when I was making those types of wages I was also in a lot of credit card debt which made me pretty much a wage slave. Making 30k a year with no debt is actually not too bad. Debt is a killer
>>
The minimum wage shouldn't be a hard line law, where if you are paying someone below minimum wage, you could be prosecuted or taken to court.

The federal minimum wage should be a suggestion and set a national standard, and use sound evidence to back up the number it chooses.

The government is too fucking big, regulates way too fucking much, and cannot solve all the problems of unsatisfied failures around the nation. Now go make me a sammich, cucks
>>
>>127654448
You dumb cunt, the Fed can print faster than legislature can set the minimum wage. You're trying to keep a sinking ship afloat by tossing buckets of water out instead of plugging the damn whole!
>>
>>127655000
>doesnt know what inflation means and needs to be spoon fed
the fuck are you on about leaf?
>>
I went to a fast food place a few days and ordered a burger.

They didnt put a fucking patty on it
>>
>>127652123
that doesn't make sense and wouldn't be what happened.
>>
>>127655000
will the ceo take a paycut to subsidize these wage increases? probably not.. prices will inevitably rise. poor wont be any better off in a higher tax bracket and skyrocketing prices
>>
In my state mw has gone up 2.10$ in 15 years. Meanwhile the price of rent has almost doubled and most food and utility costs have risen even higher. I have spent my entire working life managing retail and restaurants, sure a lot of them are teens just trying to make a few bucks. But there are a growing number of adults who because of poor choices in life or just because of shitty luck of the draw don't have the option better themselves. But I don't think that means anyone deserves to live one paycheck away from the streets. Many of these people have had horrible things done to them or have mental disorders and the best they can do is hold down a basic job. But most of them work their asses off while being treated like literal scum by their employers. You wonder why your food is wrong or that cashier wasn't super nice to you? Maybe its because they have been working for the last 6 hours without even given the chance to go to the bathroom and they are about to piss themselves and then they get told they have to stay late even if they have to pick up their kids from day care. We sit here and shit on the poor from our ivory towers but put any of us in their shoes and maybe 1 in a million would have done things differently.
>>
File: 379.png (271KB, 1877x760px) Image search: [Google]
379.png
271KB, 1877x760px
>>127655193
Visibly you refuse to respond as well and it's normal to ask since everyone body here seems to have his and her personal definition of that (((shady))) word. Would you give yours genius ?
wew
>>
>>127646068
How can i upvote this
>>
>>127655160
>dumb nigger thinks that printing more money solves the problem
>>
>>127646163
lmao you are fucking pathetic and wrong
>>
>>127649343

>being this stupid

enjoy flipping burgers, faggot.
>>
Service economy, everyone except for the top 1% is poor.
>>
>>127655434
Someone has to understand that the issue come from the system itself. If salary increase doesn fllow the cost of life increase that is getting poorer for no reason just that the top of the society can get richer. It does not make sense. Just look at the number of the last years.
>>
>>127655487
i described what it was and how it works in the first post of mine you responded to you fucking idiot. just rake yourself already
>>
>>127655781
fire economy.. we spend and make money without actually producing anything
>>
>>127655672
then disprove him with an argument faggot. otherwise youre just being a nigger.
>>
>>127655452
t. Wendys Chef
>>
>>127655820
>confirmed rapefugee leaf
>>
>>127644590
because it will make machines more attractive to employers as alternatives to paying some hipster faggot coffee pourer
>>
Cause niggers can buy more drugs.
>>
because it doesn't change the fact the the work they are doing is worth dog shit. the wage is just a number representing their place in the hierarchy, rightfully at the very bottom. if their wages go up, everyone else's will go up too. the people currently making 15/hour for a more difficult job will get fucked over, demand higher wages, or quit making employers raise the wages to find new people. then anyone who's selling anything will think "hey, everyone is making more money, I can charge more", rinse repeat. only way to get rid of this problem is full automation of shitty minimum wage jobs and better education, so that everyone is doing something valuable, not something a blind 5 year old could do just as well.
>>
>>127651540
Listen I have to tell you a secret...the people in the world in general...don't give a fuck about you. Life is a competition for resources. Being the loudest whiner might get you subsistence, but not much more.
>>
>>127656078
RARE FLAG
A
R
E

F
L
A
G
>>
>>127655847
What you described is not inflation fucker, its the business owner deflection inflation towards low skill worker wage.... Go learn a bit.
>>
>>127655933
if more than doubling the current minimum wage can be considered """slight"""

then we should 'slightly' increase the amount of niggers killed in america
>>
>>127654857
And how is Shaniqua with two kids and no daddy supposed to take night classes? How does she pay for them? Who is going to watch her kids while she is there? If every dindu and white trash becomes a plumber then who is going to flip your burgers or answer your customer service calls? Somebody has to do those jobs, you people act like the world wouldn't be fucked up if everyone suddenly became super motivated and the world had no one doing the shit jobs. We need people to haul trash and put clothes on racks. Honestly I wouldn't have as much of a problem with the shit pay if they were just treated with a little god damn respect. It is the double whammy of shit pay and being shat on by the company you work for that really grinds my gears. I've seen workers brought to tears being berated by managers for doing nothing wrong and the managers are never punished for it. But that is always how its been and how it probably always will be, the lower class gets treated like crap and are told they should be greatful they are allowed to breathe the rarified air of their betters.
>>
>>127649039
nah, because that's actually changing the economics beyond sustainable pricing levels. that should be obvious if you aren't retarded. anyone who thinks that the $1m minimum wage is a good argument is intellectually lazy or plain old stupid
>>
>>127655820
a minimally free market society is the best way for a society to become affluent, best opportunity for the poor to actually escape poverty.. with social policies theres no incentive to actually provide a good or service to society.
>>
>>127644590
because im not paying more for fast food or groceries. you keep fucking around ima expand my stacked garden and use a few heating wires from a electric blanket , plastic from large cheap picture frames (they dont have glass) and a fan to make a pseudo green house and have black berries growing year round nigger
>>
>>127655820
minimally restricted
>>
>>127655933
Higher and higher minimum wages is an attempt to cure a symptom of a disease rather then the disease itself, which is a mixture of fiat currency, mass migration and the encroachment of the state onto economic progress.

Anyone who says that we can cure our problems with this is a fucking retard, as it will only get worse and worse until people are being paid with severely inflated wages
>>
File: spinning think.gif (504KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
spinning think.gif
504KB, 1080x1080px
If higher wages cause inflation, wouldn't lower wages reduce inflation? Then how come we have a minimum wage at all? Shouldn't we be paying our workers nothing so everything has no cost?
>>
>>127656063
>implying this is a bad thing
>implying the leftover employees wouldn't be highly discriminated against and ensuring that hippster faggot types are outcompeted by normal masculine males with zero criminal record at all who are actually deserving of the new higher wage
>>
>>127655000
I'll give you a hint, leaf. It's the reason your fucking cuck sheds cost over $850,000
>>
>>127644590
As long as some code monkey makes 100k a year for copypasting some useless code I'm for minimum wage increase.
>>
>>127656543
higher wages don't cause inflation
>>
File: hanginOut.jpg (124KB, 976x1393px) Image search: [Google]
hanginOut.jpg
124KB, 976x1393px
>>127656177
eh nepalfag posts all the time

>>127656196
go learn a skill and become a productive member of humanity, then we can talk. you have no idea what inflation is. it is exactly as i described. the buying power of the dollar is decreased through the cost of everything being raised due to a need to pay people more money
>>
File: 20170228_051207.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170228_051207.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Would it stay flat or would raises eventually be added?

I don't know. It's taken me over a decade if incremental hourly wages just to make it to $14/hr.
>>
>>127644590
The true minimum wage is 0 dollars
>>
>>127644590

Because because it will cost the poor niggers you're trying to help their jobs?
>>
>>127644590
How do you expect small businesses to pay their employees $15 an hour?
>>
>>127656325
maybe that stupid nigger shouldnta had a litter of kids before establishing herself as a productive human being capable of taking care of itself and its waste of space children.
>>
>>127656778
a decade to make 14??? what do you and why havent you tried to do better?
>>
>>127656579
AAAAHAHAHA SAVAGE
>>
>>127650948

solopsist
>>
>>127644590
We need labor to continue to be mildly cheap so that when I become a billionaire I'll be able to still get in on the fun
>>
>>127656543
it USED to be raised to compensate for inflation. now they want to raise it for the sake of raising a standard of living. which isnt going to work. itll just turn the dollar into the yen
>>
It redistributes income from the middle to the bottom instead of from the top. The value of that labor is not worth $15 an hour, so it makes prices go up. All you accomplish is making the middle class poorer.
>>
>>127644590
the same reason we don't make min. wage $100/ hour
>>
>>127656543
other way around. if businesses have to pay their workers more employment decreases and decreases aggregate demand since business have less money to invest and more people are unemployed
>>
>>127651428
>that means every street will have a
you are going to run into a lack of population density problem real quicklike.
>>
>>127644590
Minimum wage is a meme issue. It's bread for the masses to distract them from the larger economic pressures set upon them. To begin with almost nobody makes the minimum wage, and then on top of that, our chief problem is not low wages, but unemployment. And then on top of THAT, raising the minimum wage doesn't actually fix the stagnating wage of the country because $15 an hour STILL isn't enough to live in most of the country comfortably, and then on top of THAT the people who advocate raising the minimum wage also advocate dozens policies which will have a uniformly negative impact on the economy.

It's a stupid issue that people only care about because it is optically appealing to politically illiterate retards. It's the opiate of the masses, the promise of a slightly larger table scrap tossed by the elites--who howl in laughter at your stupidity for caring about it.
>>
>>127656579
Manipulation of the housing market by foreign power is inflation ? Don't think so
>>127656670
No it is not what you think.
It would imply that the cost of what you sell or produce would cost suddenly more to produce or sell when it's not. Their profit would be touched.
Their grow is not natural and healthy for a society and disproportionate in proportion of the basic worker wages. What you want is straight slavery.
>>
File: 20160912_051229.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160912_051229.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>127656974
>overnight walmart
>no career goals/dreams
>no GED
>local CC charges $10k a year
I'm in my mid 30s and my fate is practically sealed. It took a lot to come to terms that I'll be doing this for the rest of my life.
>>
>>127657083
Oh no you don't. It used to be raised because it was part of the social contract that everyone was rewarded for productivity gains. Around 1970 that supposed agreement broke down.
>>
>>127651818
When I was managing a Wendy's we figured out to the penny what the average value per hour an employee was worth, if it dropped beneath that someone had to leave until there were only 4 of us.
>>
>>127644590
#1 - The jews will never want to pay that, so take it up with them.

#2 - Nobody will hire a nigger for $15 if they can hire a white kid. All spics and niggers will become unemployed.
>>
>>127644590
if we raise the minimum wage, everything will be expensive as fuck
>>
>>127644761
But that's a great thing
>>
>>127644590
These jobs that are reliant on minimum wage aren't meant to be long term jobs. You are supposed to work these jobs until you have enough experience to move up in the ranks.

If you stay working in these dogshit jobs; like most people do, then the demand for these jobs goes up, then the production of these jobs goes up, minimum wage is spread thinner and thinner, the wage gap continues to increase, poor people who "need" help are being fed for free by the government, they have children because "WHY THE HELL NOT," niggers are born who will grow up with parents working minimum wage jobs, eventually work them themselves, and then start this bullshit cycle all over again.

>minimum wage increase
more niggers and poorcucks
>>
>>127655452
I work 1-10 5days a week in customet service. Running three machines at once and loading for older people. I'm lucky if I get a lunch and I'm screwed if I have to piss.
We finally hired more people after 2 years...now I'm busy training them.

I get it, retail sucks. But god damn our cashiers are absolutely retarded and literally don't deserve 15 bucks.
Shit just yesterday one overcharged someone 200 bucks and didn't notice.
Customer didn't either and still slid his card but general public is just as retarded.
>>
>>127657468
What was the required profit margin? Surely you weren't looking at a break even amount before firing someone?
>>
>>127656876
Do you understand why small business are stock to play their employee less and less ?
Global market.
You know they can't be competitive with slaves country so they ask you gently that you bent to global market and pay your employee a slave wages or else just die. All that for some rich cunt to go spend more I a weekend trip than what your whole life in salary will be worth.

If that is not a slave mentality.
>>
>>127657704
Wendyanon is talking about over the course of a single shift.
>>
>>127657393
come on man. get that ged and apply at a machine shop... those guys will hire fellons if they can read a micrometer
>>
>>127657835
Ok so what's the profit margin?
>>
>>127655452
>In my state mw has gone up 2.10$ in 15 years. Meanwhile the price of rent has almost doubled and most food and utility costs have risen even higher.
There is only 1 logical answer.

Move to a place with less rent. With even a bit of imagination, you could find a job making more elsewhere.

Don't give me shit about Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I am unemployable neet. I need gibs! REEEEEEEEEEEEE!

There is a HUGE national need for welders. Would you fly somewhere to make absurd money?

You need to adjust your income.

>>127655452
>I have spent my entire working life managing retail and restaurants,
It is a dead end career, which is why most managers in retail/chain food are never older than 40, and if they are they are 100% totally defeated at life. When the economy shifts down, retail suffers. It is even worse now that online is most of the business. No one goes to retail unless they are totally retarded.

If you still have any fight left in your weak body, you can certainly find a high paying job.

You need to adjust your standards.

>>127655452
>We sit here and shit on the poor from our ivory towers

Straight up dog time. I was just like you 15 years ago. I served food at a red lobster. I had it out with a manager one night (some fat little faux itallian bitch) and signed up for an apprenticeship at a union hall.

4 years in the apprenticeship. Right now a 1st year is making 50% of full rate....Almost 20/hour. You will work like a dog and will climb through shit, over shit and in places that are like hell. You earn every cent.

I worked a "shutdown/emergency" at an operating food factory and all weekend..because of overtime etc it averaged just under $70/hour this weekend. This is in addition to retirement package, health, dental, medical retirement etc.

I hate to work. It does not matter what I do. I am lazy by nature, but I think that my pay is fair. They always get their moneys worth.
Union halls recruit for fall classes.
>>
>>127646877
That's not a very good argument.
>>
>>127644590
Doubling wages halves the purchasing power of money. $7 gallons of milk and half of all saved wealth in the nation destroyed by kike tricks at the fed

A nigger like you will have twice the numbers on his paycheck and twice the rent after prices normalize.
>>
>>127652373
This
>>
>>127657361
>It would imply that the cost of what you sell or produce would cost suddenly more to produce or sell when it's not.

yes it IS you fucking idiot. they have to charge more for the product to operate their business and pay for the employees that then get paid more money. profit is the only ways businesses expand and even survive. you have no idea that it takes free capital to even run these businesses, much less when they make a mistake they need the capital to keep from going under. i wish we'd just enslave you.

>>127657408
Your chart marks the advent of industrial computers and the computer industry, increasing the rate of change of productivity.
>>
>>127658053
>Move to a place with less rent.
Incomes will go down in those areas though.
>>
>>127648497
You're stupidly not factoring in the people who make over minimum but less than the proposed minimum.
>>
>>127657979
Most restaurants do the same thing. Depending on the chain, the management/franchisee, the unit, and the shift, the labor-share-of-sales target is in the neighborhood of 16% but is tightly regulated by shift managers.
>>127658185
So where's the money nigger?
>>
>>127644590
It increases the cost to hire people. The majority of the poor are unemployed. Raising the minimum wage makes it more difficult for them to get jobs.

You make no more than what you are able to generate for your employer. That is basic economics.
>>
>>127658162
Not all wages will double. You might have to content yourself with only making 50 cents more than the lazy guy on shift rather than $1.
>>127658578
>thinks the employed don't consume
>>
>>127644590
because unskilled people are not worth $15 an hour
>>
>>127657777
>didnt answer the question

the answer is that they cant. a small business cant hire employees at $15/hr bc then theyd have to charge more for their product to even pay the employee, and since they wouldnt have a competitive price on their product, they wouldnt sell the product, so theyd go out of business
>>
>>127644590
Company's are not required to just "eat" the difference, they will keep the over head low by cutting the number of employees cutting hours and raising the price of goods and services.
when all is said and done the minimum wage increase will mean nothing, you will not have increased your spending capabilities. Provided you still even have a job.
>>
>>127658191
But so does cost of living. You need like 120k/yr to live comfortably in a safe DC neighborhood, but drive south for 2 hours and you need about 45k/yr for the same lifestyle.
>>
>>127656325
Shaniqua made bad life choices, and I want her lifestyle to be hard so others don't follow. She is a drain on everything I value, and I do not value her. She is the closest to an enemy that I can make of a stranger, since she actively tears down the world I try to build.

Plumbers get paid more than I do.

Burger flippers can be teenagers or robots, or just people willing to work for that cheap. I wouldn't mind if they charged more or stopped serving burgers.

Trash haulers get paid more than minimum wage by a large margin.

I buy my clothes online, where they get shipped by warehouse workers who get paid more than minimum wage.

About the lack of respect, I've quit jobs over less. I always plan for being able to drop literally everything for months, and that hasn't been as a luxury of being paid well. I just plan for it and save money.

If you can't plan and save to maintain the lifestyle you want, you don't deserve anything better than others' contempt.
>>
File: Cp_gDw3WIAAJP9Q[1].jpg (92KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
Cp_gDw3WIAAJP9Q[1].jpg
92KB, 1024x512px
>>127658191
>Incomes will go down in those areas though.
You are not using your imagination.

You need to drive a car or use some other form of transport. You need to grab life by the throat, throttle it and choke slam it to the curb. It may take time.

I was a "late bloomer" to the trades. I was in my early 20s when I got in. I know older men who get in. If you can do basic math on paper you can be an electrician. If you comprehend heavy and awkward loads, you could do anything else.

Oh, and when you complete a trade school apprenticeship, you become a "Journeyman". This implies that you have to go places to work. This is why they pay what they do....because that is what it costs to get experts.

Pic related is possibly the ONLY intelligent thing that she has ever been quoted on saying.....well, and the feral animals that need put down thing too lol.
>>
>>127645578
The markets would adjusts to either so sure
>>
>>127658658
>because unskilled people are not worth $15 an hour
What job requires no skill?
>>
>>127658516
flowing through their supply chain.
>>
because i don't want niggers and poor people to have good lives, it could encourage them to breed and not get abortions desu
>>
>>127658847
>What job requires no skill?
You ever run a cash register at a sears?
>>
>>127652992
So... We need to tariff the fuck out of Chinese garbage and label them a currency manipulator while halting all immigration and being incredibly punitive to businesses that skirt e verify?

Or are you the kind of liberal retard who is anti capitalist and anti big banks but somehow pro globalist and doesn't know what the fed is as if it isn't capitalism brought to reductio ad absurdum while wearing yamalukes?
>>
>>127658627
Where did I say the employed don't consume?
>>
>>127658869
Then why should we let them live?
>>
>>127658943
>and poor people
Why do you kikes try so hard to be worse than niggers?
>>
>>127658989
So you're saying one must be proficiently skilled in using a cash register and customer service?
>>
>>127650956
The standard is one quarter inch below the lip of the cup. If it's less you have a soda the doesn't maintain the quality standards and you should demand another, not the first one topped off. Once it has gone across the counter and come back it's a health code violation to re-serve it.
>>
>>127659179
Don't underestimate psychological labor as a skill. Yes, dealing with entitled shitballs as seen in this thread is a skill and not everyone has it, not least the autists whose boring factory jobs have been deskilled and sent overseas.
>>
>>127658847
Entry level jobs at fast food places and grocery stores. Lots of other places.

There literally is no skill involved in running a cash register, bagging groceries, etc. If someone can be trained in two or three days to completely replace you, you don't deserve that high of a wage. Your wages go up when you become harder to replace. That applies in any job.
>>
>>127658775
Do any tradesman work as freelancer types? Or are they mostly all employed with a business? I can generate leads for this kind of work and I'm wondering if it might be worth it to just build a business with the leads instead of selling them.
>>
>>127658627
>Doesn't know US salaries are based on a multiplication of minimum wage
No Pocahontas, raising minimum wage will eventually raise my salary the same amount to combat the rapid 100% inflation of the dollar as prices normalize to the magically increased supply of fiat currency.

Unless your solution is to also institute price fixing and completely collapse the economy
>>
>>127659179
>So you're saying one must be proficiently skilled in using a cash register and customer service?
No, I am saying that short of direct theft there is nothing you need to do other than push no more than 8 total buttons and repeat the simple mantra.

No skill. Even downsies can do it. Same as mcdonalds. If a retard can do it and not die, than it is a minimum wage minimum skill job.
>>
>>127658185
t. slave
You legitimizing every business even (((mega))) corporation is using a strawman fallacy for one.
You not being able to understand that those business are subject to a global market that force them to pay their employee less and less to keep a growth disproportional to the worker wages.. Right now what's happening is government are creating inflation with the help of central bank to reduce the riches of the middle class and lower it to reach a global target.
You are a slave to the bank open your eyes.
>>
>>127659032
>So... We need to tariff the fuck out of Chinese garbage and label them a currency manipulator while halting all immigration and being incredibly punitive to businesses that skirt e verify?
Yes.
>>
>>127659287
>two or three day
So like, mastering a photo kiosk and all it's settings; troubleshooting a receipt printer, and understanding the psychology of each kind of demographic of customer is all something one can learn in 2-3 days?
>>
>>127659129
why should we let you live?

>>127659179
literal retards do these jobs. its not a skill. its a repetitive convenience for the customer. not only that. most grocery stores now have self checkouts where you literally do the job of the checkout clerk. it isnt a fucking skill.
>>
>>127653921
Who thinks like this? It's sociopathic.
>>
>>127659432
How is knowing how to send back product damages and the paperwork that goes along with that "8 total buttons"? You apparently don't know what you're talking about. Your analysis of the sector is akin to saying "computer programming is just pushing a bunch of keys on the keyboard".
>>
>>127658989
The irony is that job requires a highschool diploma to prove you can do basic math at the level to make change.

This is why (((economic migrants))) to Europe are 99+% unemployed and unemployable. 75 average IQ with below an elementary education and no literacy in their own language let alone that of their host nation means they literally can't operate a cash register.
>>
>>127647437
>Rich people having more money than god is okay. That doesn't affect it at all. Totally cool.
The more of something there is...
the less each individual unit is worth.
>>
>>127659456
youre a slave to ignorance. you clearly have NO idea how businesses operate, and DEFINITELY have no idea how much free capital it takes to effectively run a major corporation.
>>
>>127649768
How about we give every American 1000 dollars? What do you think would happen?
>>
>>127659572
Yes. People can be trained to work a cash register in three days. Printers issues and knowing the exact needs of every customer are not needed frequently enough that a person needs to master them at the start. They learn over time. I work in the grocery business so I can say this with confidence. Fast food I am not as sure about.
>>
>>127659748
>Who thinks like this?
Capitalists
>>
>>127659424
>Doesn't know US salaries are based on a multiplication of minimum wage
Hurr durr, any number can be expressed as a percentage of some other number.
That's not a written policy anywhere I've seen. You don't seem to believe that business could or should absorb any of that inflationary pressure for not compensating employees for their incrased productivity.
>>127659748
>Who thinks like this?
Just about every venture capitalist in Menlo Park.
>>
You know what I hate about minimum constantly raising recently? Thrice now I've gotten 25 cent raises in my job that I started out in at minimum, and for a while, I was making more than the lowest paid worker. Then fucking minimum goes up in January every year about a dollar an hour more than what it used to be and my fucking raises Never. Carry. Over.

I should be a dollar above minimum now but retards want to raise it more and more, and as it's been said, the cost of everything else goes with it. Raising minimum in my case is a step backwards whenever I actually make progress in my workplace.

Fucking idiots should work hard and earn the better wages.
>>
>>127660083
Flag checks out
>>
>>127659689
>literal retards do these jobs
Not an argument
>its not a skill
this has already been debunked. Arguing is a skill as well
>its a repetitive convenience for the customer. not only that. most grocery stores now have self checkouts where you literally do the job of the checkout clerk. it isnt a fucking skill.
You don't seem to know what these jobs require if the scanning is all you realize happens during a shift. It seems most cashiers also have the skills to hide what goes into maintaining a retail outlet on the floor level from slower people like yourself. I new skill I wasn't even aware of. For instance, how to trouble shoot when equipment goes down. You aren't considering that because you're unable to see passed the presentation of a job that deal directly with the public. I bet you think nurses just give shots to people too, right?
>>
>>127659572
>mastering a photo kiosk
no just enough to make it print pictures out; anything more call a manager
>troubleshooting a receipt printer
is there paper in it? Ink? Troubleshot. Anything else call a manager/IT/buy a new one.
>understanding the psychology blah blah
Holy shit you are retarded. All your "skills" are overblown as fuck and you sell yourself way too high. Customer service is literally doing what the customer wants and getting him to fuck off. I don't care if the drive thru guy at Rally's understands my psychology. Just gimme the damn fries, you faggot.
>>
>>127659938
>People can be trained to work a cash register in three days.
In what retail outlet is that all a clerk does?
>>
>>127660194
Have you ever worked a service job in your life? It doesn't sound like it.
>>
>>127660194
>call a manager for everything
You wouldn't last.
Apparently....you don't have the skill set.
>>
File: 1495755063048.jpg (286KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1495755063048.jpg
286KB, 960x638px
>>127650255
>mah small business
I do not understand how anyone can defend a business that has to rely on nigger grad pay to be functional. If your business needs to pay people nigger grad pay to be profitable it is a shit business. Those aren't jobs I want in my society.
>>
>>127659314
>Do any tradesman work as freelancer types?
The sky is the limit.

By trade I am a "pipefitter". I stick to heavy industry because I enjoy loud, dangerous places. My union hall calls me all the time. I have so many licences and certs it makes no sense. I could open my own business, and I can moonlight. I am a licensed plumber/med gas cert/weld certs bla bla bla, but thats the "basic" package. ALL of us come out of school with at least that. I have some extras. I refuse to weld, so I let that cert go. I hate that.

I get paid good enough that I hate moonlighting. The headaches are not worth it. Home owners are prisses. I refuse to even work for family.

I may make my own company in the future. I haven't decided. I have legal hobbies that I could turn into profitable ventures also. Pic related.

I work whenever I want, and am off when I don't feel like working. It pays great, and sometimes I have to drive 2 hours. Other times I just wont drive that far. Usually I am within an hour. It all depends on the type of work and the location. I was at a project last year that was 2 1/2 hours away, and it will resume this summer. I would love to get back to it. It was really enjoyable work with a great crew.

Our "union hall" is essentially a fraternal organization of similarly skilled Journeymen and a few "Journeypersons". We all know eachother, and almost operate like a gang. We stick together and certainly go to great length IRL to help eachother out. Our homes are always open to one another as we travel. I have slept on brothers couches for months working out of town. We do it as a group. As individuals we would struggle. We even out the kinks as a unit.
>>
>>127659572
i could do all that in an hour. that's because im not a worthless, brainless faggot

"dealing with customers" is simply being anything but anti-social you self-important nitwit
>>
>>127660194
>Just gimme the damn fries, you faggot.
Well how are you going to deal with the metrics that follow after engaging all customers with that level of interest? You'll get fired after a week.
>>
>>127659923
>muh free capital
You always return to small business like they are everything. You think your Mcshit is a small business and can not afford to pay their worker more ? Walcrap ?
You did this to yourself. The very reason the small business is not able to pay more is because they can't be competitive in a global open and UNREGULATED market.
You are just doing mental gymnastic mega move at this point.
>>
>>127659748
In a free market economy, this is the type of person who wins, and therefore determines the future rules.
>>
>>127660496
>"dealing with customers" is simply being anything but anti-social you self-important nitwit

>has never dealt with customer service metrics
>probably doesn't even know what that is.
You don't know what you're talking about. You're basically just guessing based on a childish idea of how a business actually is because of what you see on the presented surface. It's cute actually.
>>
>>127659938
>Take immigrant niggerspic off the street
>He can't count change
>Doesn't have the 13 years of education of any native 18 year old
>Leave him unattended
>Register is $30 light
>$10 in miscounted return change, $20 in his left pocket

You are greatly underestimating what even the lowliest of employable worker in the west brings to the table. Not that minimal skills and minimal respinsibilites should be overcompensated, but you don't have a grasp that the 90iq nigger capable of pushing 8 pictogram buttons and not stealing from the cash drawer is "skilled" compared to the majority of the world population.
>>
>>127657777
The answer is they can't dingus.
>Muh market is ebil
Fucking leaves, I swear
>>
>>127660253
I was a gas station attendant while I was in college and I was a dishwasher/busboy in high school.

>>127660365
When he pays me to master certain machinery I'll actually learn it. I've never been fired from my jobs.
>>
File: e9d[2].jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d[2].jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>127659779
>You apparently don't know what you're talking about.
I ran a sears cash register for 2 years while in high school 3 nights a week, and usually 16 hours on the weekend.

Granted, this was longer ago than you were alive, but they have the EXACT same registers still as of last year.
>>
>>127660170
>doesnt know what the word skill means in reference to labor.

i know you think that working at kroger is like the hardest thing ever, but it requires ZERO skill and MINIMAL training.

get a job engineering or as a manufacturing equipment tech and tell me your checkout job requires any bit of skill
>>
>>127660720
>I've never been fired from my jobs.
They must be fairly remedial since you've proven an incapacity to master a cashier job.
>>
>>127660242
In grocery stores it is the vast majority of what they do.

>>127660253
I can't speak for that guy but I am an assistant manager at a grocery store. I have worked my way up to where I am now. People who start in those entry level positions are very replaceable. I worked to make myself less replaceable. It's not about working a self degrading job but acknowledging that my wages are the result of my choices. I would always "like" another raise but could not imagine myself out on the streets protesting for $15 an hour. I was in college and chose to drop out before I earned a degree.
>>
>>127660137
I'm sorry?
>>
>>127660883
>In grocery stores it is the vast majority of what they do.
>In the air, pilots mostly coast so not knowing how to land isn't that big of deal.
>>
>>127660509
What metrics? I give him the fries and he gives me the money, I say "have a good day". What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>127660664
So maybe we shouldn't be importing shit migrants.

There was a time when we valued migrants based on their education, and prioritized their visas accordingly.
>>
>>127660906
>Fucking idiots should work hard and earn the better wages.
The reflexive Calvinism is a dead giveaway that a tool of the Empire is on the other end of the line.
>>
>>127661015
Hah hah hah. Look at the bottom of your receipt and fill out their online survey. Those metrics.
>>
>>127660879
In dead end/temporary jobs, I only work hard enough to not get fired.
>>
>>127661015
But how about when he says he's missing something and tells you to learn how to do your job. Then however you react, he will call your customer service line and say you rolled your eyes at him?

This is actually more towards what I'm referring too. Not standard transactions. You really didn't get that?
>>
>>127661012
You're not proving your point well since a pilot is obviously someone who requires a lot of training and is harder to replace, thus earning higher wages. There is also no manager on a plane.
>>
>>127660076
>Should
So price fixing
How about you go look up how that has worked out every time it's been implemented.

The added "cost" will be passed onto the consumer. Or/concurrently there will be a rise in unemployment due to automation of the current minimum wage level of work. If minimum wage is higher, prices and salaries will normalize to the new bottom rung. Purchasing power of the social classes will stay the same and accumulated wealth will be eroded. The former is why magically granting minimum wage workers more money won't solve their problems and the latter is why anyone with a brain in their head and a savings account should fight "a living wage" tooth and nail.

15 or $1500 an hour, the same thing will happen.
>>
>>127661040
Explain to me how I benefit from minimum going up then, faggot.
>>
>>127660083
So instead of being mad at your employer for jewing you, you blame your fellow workers? Logical.
>>
>>127661197
>thus earning higher wages. There is also no manager on a plane.
My metaphor has nothing to do with wages. You didn't get that?

I was debunking your theory that only the skills that consume most of a job's shift are required.
>>
theres not enough good jobs for everybody, and sombody has to do the shit jobs, were all just fine with a massive portion of the population being stuck in poverty to the point where many of them have to live in groups sharing houses because there aren't homes they can affford so that the top 1% of people can own gold houses?
>>
>>127660519
>thinks mcdonalds and walmart were always mega corporations

youre dumb. plain and simple.

>>127660629
so are you. time for you to go back to work at walgreens faggot.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>127661015
>What the fuck are you on about?
It seems like there is an insinuation that being able to smile and act social is a skill worth paying someone to have.
>>
>>127661039
Repeal the 1964 immigration and naturalization act and all the problems people are arguing over in this thread disappear proportionally with every deported or never immigrated 3rd world used to drive down the cost of labor.
>>
>>127661130
do you think customers actually give a shit about those beyond getting some discount for doing it?
youre dumber and more self-righteous than i thought.
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.