[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why our /p/ is so dead, anons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 29

File: IMG_0913.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0913.png
23KB, 489x423px
why our /p/ is so dead, anons
>>
File: jimdidntdieforyoutoactlikethis.jpg (18KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
jimdidntdieforyoutoactlikethis.jpg
18KB, 476x356px
>Random board is about nothing, gets lots of low effort posts
>Photography board is highly elitist and centred around a demanding hobby/job/artform, gets fewer posts.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2008:06:23 08:18:13
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width476
Image Height356
>>
Because photography requires you to go outside, and all the qualified people are on >>>/out/
>>
>>3088485
Toxic environment filled with people who criticize too harshly because they are too insecure to help out new photographers because they know that their photos aren't that good to begin with and are afraid of newcomers being better than them with just a few months of practice.

Easy.
>>
>>3088514
>filled with people who criticize too harshly

Quite the opposite - virtually empty with those remaining giving barely any criticism at all.
>>
Nowadays people just dont have as much going through their heads as they used to in the past. We are becoming slow, in mind and being, dont expect as much content with that side effect, instead, think about how good things used to be.
>>
>>3088485
Too few visitors, too much hostility. No fun.
>>
Too much "my camera has got a bigger dick than yours" stupidity
>>
isi
>>
>>3088525
Anons who whine like babies about people who actually contribute photos to the board.
>>
- Newfag comes and asks what cam
- Sony shills appear on the fucking minute like vultures to recommend their latest overheating garbage that doesn't even meet anon's needs or budget
- Other anons call them out and the shills end up starting yet another flame wars
- Newfag decides it's not worth the effort and doesn't come back here ever again

We're barely a handful of weeks away from being merged with /g/, /gd/ or /out/
>>
>>3088530
You'd think /out/ would be a great fit, but god there are so many racists and weirdos in /out/.

People in /p/ actually go out and take photos.

People in /out/ just pretend they do, and it's painfully obvious when they talk about gear.
>>
>>3088532
And when I say gear, I mean outdoor gear. not photography equipment.
>>
>>3088530
>t. a hostile gearfag
>>
>>3088530
>implying photography is only about /out/
>forgetting photography is much more /fa/ than you think
>>
>>3088528

She sucks tho, I can count on one hand how many decent photos she has done in the last year. But photo threads, even the year old Sugar thread are always better than gear threads so that's okay I guess.

I don't care it's fun watching poopco shit up her threads but at the same time that kind of behavior stifles anons from starting their own photo threads.

What has happened to p is nothing new.....shitheads like poopco troll the boards and people who are actually good leave because they don't want to deal with that shit.
>>
General threads and the rpt killed this board.
>>
>>3088538
>She sucks tho
You think she sucks, that's just your opinion. I think she posts some pretty good stuff. True she posts everything rather than curating it but I have no problem with that, it give me a warts-and-all portrait of a region I'm never likely to visit. And I applaud anyone who makes the effort to post photos.

>I don't care
Yes, we noticed. But you are easy to ignore. The fact that you enjoy poopco's sad attempts at dick waving speaks volumes about your mental age. And gear threads? I just hide 'em and forget 'em and anything else I have no interest in.
>>
File: 1487113717975.jpg (58KB, 1178x960px) Image search: [Google]
1487113717975.jpg
58KB, 1178x960px
Bunch of people with no actual skill judging people much too harshly because they are jealous and gear threads have more popularity than any actual photo threads. When someone posts a set nobody cares. Recent photo threads are just complete shit posting aswell.
>>
>>3088485
Too many faggots on this board. This board has one of the worst clique mentalities of 4chan.
>>
File: holy fuck I'm high.png (15KB, 120x152px) Image search: [Google]
holy fuck I'm high.png
15KB, 120x152px
>>3088551
Also, if photos do not have a certain /p/ quality and look to them, /p/ does not look them. In general, the amount of editing done is ridiculous and most photos look like a baby has finger painted over them in shit. If I took a look at your original photos I would be appalled.
>>
>>3088514
>>people who criticize too harshly

none of the critiques are even helpful
>>
>>3088538
You are quite literally too stupid to understand the kind of photography isi practices, Sugar.
You only understand kitsch. isi has an education in the arts, and works within specific traditions and "visual languages" that you've never exposed yourself to.
>>
>>3088514
the criticisms are usually:

- Calibrate your monitor
- It's shit
- KenRockwell
- Sony
- Not a Sony
- Some variant of all the above.
>>
File: static1.squarespace.jpg (501KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
static1.squarespace.jpg
501KB, 1000x667px
Anyone who tries to give some actual meaningful advice is usually met with the same level of opposite criticism or flaming. So the person asking is usually left with nothing to rely on.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:09:08 00:05:49
>>
>>3088589
Criticisms are not facts they are opinions and a variety of opinions are important in helping people arrive at their own conclusions.

Flaming only starts when anon A gets butthurt because anon B offered opinions that differed from their own.
>>
>>3088602
No, it usually starts because the negative criticism is rooted in the photographers identity. It's not about the criticism. it's about being the coolest troll around.
>>
>>3088605

sry u feel personally bullied
>>
>>3088607
Sorry you're insecure and lash out.
>>
>>3088605
>cool
>troll
choose one
>>
>>3088485
Very few people here "get" photography in the broad sense. It's just a bunch of wannabe hipster "artist" faggots that post boring photos of old shacks and empty streets. If you try to post anything that is what you might call practical photography you'll get called a loser or an idiot.
>>
>>3088621

Lmao
>>
>>3088621
>practical photography
You mean basic bokeh portraits? You think that's what photography really is?

Making a compelling photograph of a shack is more difficult than one of a pretty girl. Have you ever studied the work of Magnum photographers? Do you look at photobooks?

Or are you convincing yourself practical photography and tumblr likes is the peak of the art form? Do you realize that computers have already replaced "practical photography" for those with money?
>>
>>3088621

What is there to "get"? Photography has a wide variety of applications from scientific to artistic I don't think any one is more valid than the other. More popular perhaps, I don't recall seeing too many people wandering the streets doing dental x-rays for example, but certainly not more valid.

/p/'s problem is that there are too many people who are convinced that THEIR chosen niche is the only right and proper course and anyone who chooses a differently is to be dismissed, or preferably insulted.
>>
>recent photo threads are a garbage bin
>photography is inherently centered around gear, gear threads make the board cleaner but the threads themselves are also garbage bins
>very people few knows how to take a full set or understand any kind of theme to photography
>essential knowledge on how to use photoshop properly or how to isn't in the sticky
>tripfagging to tie all of your work to one pseudonym will get you more abuse than anything else, even if your photos are good
>criticism is rarely valid or useful outside of "lol vsco" or "you fucked up your highlights" or "you missed focus"
>sonyshills
>>
>>3088485
because it's a shit place where hipsters can jack off to each others old ass film cameras and be none the wiser
>>
When you post your photos what can happen is

>they get ignored
>they get shallow praise like "cool photos"
>they get shallow disapproval like "these are terrible"
>they get a vague shallow critique like "the composition is bad"

This place also doesn't have much users so good photographers don't have any initiative to post here.
>>
>>3088511
>qualified
lol
>>
>>3088555
You mean she dropped out of two art education programs because they saw through her bullshit and called her out on it
>>
>>3088634
>/p/'s problem is that there are too many people who are convinced that THEIR chosen niche is the only right and proper course and anyone who chooses a differently is to be dismissed, or preferably insulted.

This isn't the only problem I see sometimes but I definitely see this attitude a lot and it's draining.
>>
>>3088602
Here is an example:

Your photos are shit, go back and learn how to press the shutter button before you ever dare to try again. Oh and kys.

What did you take away from this exchange?
>>
>>3088621

>>3088630
>>3088634
yup and here are the usual suspects.
I wonder if people were this much of an asshole when it came to painting. Oh wait, yes they were. Now they are all dead and have moved on to photography.
>>
>>3088666
Well the minute anyone posts something constructive and trying to be helpful, some faggot comes out like these numbskulls >>3088630 trying to tell you that photography should be done like it was talked about in the bible or some bullshit.
>>
>>3088672
wut up moopcoooo
>>
>>3088678
>>3088675
t. numbskull faggot waste of oxygen that doesn't realize his self-contradictory nature
>>
This board is dying because too many fucktards can't resist taking the bait.
>>
i found i enjoyed this thread more than any other threads i've seen on /p/ in the past half a year.
>>
>>3088488
b is dead too though
>>
>>3088538
I can count on my dick the number of good photos you've done in your lifetime. (It's zero.)
>>
>>3088705
LONDON?
>>
>>3088706
yep
are you a socially retarded 20-something with personal hygeine problems, because that's totally my type
>>
>>3088682
>it's an "it must be moopco if negative to isi" episode
Play another one m8, I'm bored of this.
>>
>>3088714
if you think isi would get "called on" anything in an art program you've probably never taken an art class.
It's much more likely she dropped out because they weren't calling each other out enough. That seems much more like her personality.

Why are you so obsessed with her anyway, moopco?
>>
>>3088715

>posts some gay-as-hell fan fiction about his waifu
>calls someone else obsessed

wew discord lad
>>
>>3088715
I'm not moopco,
Why's everyone on this board so obsessed with him, I don't think I've ever seen him post, is he good?
>>
>>3088714
>Play another one m8, I'm bored of this.
You're either moopco or sugar. Everyone else got bored with the 'lets all hate isi' meme a long time ago, which would you rather be?
>>
>>3088722
He's the only one that captured isi's atention (and love), so, yeah he's good in that sense, and the waifu fags hate him for that.
>>
>>3088720
forgot to take your trip back off before shitposting. woopsie.
>>
>>3088722
>You mean she dropped out of two art education programs
Knows all about isi's art education
>I'm not moopco
Doesn't know moopco
>>
>>3088725
Nah, I think james is an insufferable cuntrag too.
>>
>>3088727
You kidding me? Isi has endless banter directed at absolutely anyone in her vicinity. She won't stop photoshopping people into little girls lately.
>>
>>3088734
I wouldn't call it endless, remember that time we found out she had klinefelters syndrome and she actually shut the fuck up for a couple of days?
>>
>>3088736
No, I don't remember that, because I don't hang out in anti-isi discord circlejerks. You need to talk to a professional.

I'm also relatively sure that's just a meme. Do you really think someone with Klinefelters syndrome would be as homophobic as isi?
>>
>>3088736
>that time we found out
how could you have "found out" something like that without her directly telling somebody? If she told somebody, why would it shut her up?
Doesn't even check out m8.

Where did she "shut up" anyway? I rarely see her post outside of her personal containment threads.
>>
>>3088736
We have a XXY on board? neat!

Who do we need to thank for this discovery? charlie?
>>
>>3088739
moopco probably, he has a reputation for making shit up to suit his needs then pretending he is not moopco
>>
>>3088739
Allegedly, but I don't buy it. I think isi just likes to fuck with people. Someone would have doxxed her with proof by now if she'd actually had a gender-change.
>>
>>3088742
What, apart from being 6'3, with giant man hands, adams apple, no tits and an identical face to their brothers? Lol
>>
>>3088727
>(and love)
ahahaha keep kidding yourself poopchute
>>
>>3088730

I shitpost with my trip most of the time. That's why I started tripping in the first place, so that people can filter me and my baleful effects on this shithole.

Way to deflect tho
>>
why can't everyone on this board be as nontoxic as sugar, moopco, and isi? they are inspirations to us all
>>
>>3088745
you've met her than have you?
>>
>>3088745
isi doesn't have brothers, just a sister that looks just like her
>>
>>3088747
>bale
fuck off isi
>>
>>3088745
>t. a teenager that's never encountered tall women before
>>
>>3088752
>being in the top 0.013% despite most native women being shorter than average

https://tall.life/height-percentile-calculator-age-country/

If he had nigger genes then I wouldn't be so sure.
>>
>>3088753
>>3088753
>despite most native women being shorter than average
do you have evidence to support this claim?

Also
>thinking isi is a full-blooded Native American
your photography must be real bad, because you're actually blind

>nigger genes
Probably does, looking at that nose and the demographics of her beloved Wilcox.
"72.5% were Black or African American, 26.8% White, 0.1% Native American, 0.1% of some other race and 0.4% of two or more races. 0.6% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race)."

>the top 0.013% of women are all trannies
Admit it, anon. You just find her even more attractive when you imagine her with a penis.
>>
>>3088753
What does that website prove, we know isi is taller than average.
>>
>>3088733
This shows the laziness of this "isi is a tranny" conspiracy theory. Do you really think someone named James would change their name to Jamie? That only happens in peoples lacking imaginations.

Caitlyn Jenner changed her name from Bruce.
Laverne Cox was born Roderick.

t. an actual tranny whose professional opinion is that isi's just got marfan syndrome if anything
>>
this thread has all the answers you need, OP.
>>
>>3088773
When is 4chan going to blame it's problems on something other than traps?
>>
File: Untitled.png (174KB, 1576x883px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
174KB, 1576x883px
>>
Once again we learn that the problem is not isi, but the pathetic virgins obsessed with either defending or desecrating her honor.
There are two discord servers, one created purely for people too autistic to receive the same banter they dish out.
You can probably guess which one's responsible for all of this.
>>
>>3088745
Keep telling us how you're not moopco.
>>
>>3088778

This is the best photo that's been posted here in months. Pure art.
>>
>>3088781
So you're saying every problem revolves around isi?

>>3088782
I'm not moopco lol
>>
>>3088785
>So you're saying every problem revolves around isi?
Only because she's the only identifiable female poster left. But you're probably too new to remember Ayya, Aang, or any of the others.
>>
>>3088785
>So you're saying every problem revolves around isi?
No, the problem is the little manlets who blame her for their own innadequacy
>>
>>3088786
Ayya was a 13 year old boy, are you new?

And no, isis gender (whatever it may be) doesn't come close to her acerbic, cancerous persona for garnering vitriol against them.
>>
>>3088630
This is one of those times when you can't tell if it's a parody post or if someone is really this stupid.
>>
>>3088794
>acerbic, cancerous persona
You mean like everyone else on 4chan?
You just can't handle it when a girl puts out better banter than you. The one trait everyone that butts heads with isi seems to have in common is a complete lack of self-awareness.

I mean, really, calling someone "acerbic" on 4chan, where everyone is a fag of some sort or another? You could not be more obviously biased.

I doubt isi has male genitalia, but she's definitely got bigger balls than any of you nancyboys upset by a girl calling them names on the internet. You're absolutely pathetic and your life will surely end in suicide.
>>
>>3088796
t. bokehlicious portrait photographer, confronted with the worthlessness of his f/1.2L glass.
>>
>>3088808
>people on 4chan have to be awful

What is your major malfunction kiddo? Who hurt you?

The majority of people here are just here to chat gear and photos, no one cares about your life story jamie.

>>3088796
Knowing who posted that,
I'm going to guess at stupidity.

>>3088809

>f1.2
>worthless
>cheapest L 1.2 lens on ebay is over $800

You've got strange definitions lad.

Sure you're not bitter and poor?
>>
>>3088813
I'm not Jamie. And it's quite telling that you put gear before photos. It's no wonder isi, the prolific image-posting jpeg-queen is the one that triggers you. May as well be tailor-made for the purpose, gearfag.
>>
h-hey /p/

>make /p/ sticky
>a proper camera buying
>composition guide
>different editing styles
>film guide
>all anons contribute according to their niche
>assignments
>help newfags
>and all the other stuff idk

i know ^ these things sound stupid and i really want to grow as a photog and i want to see /p/ grow
>>
>>3088543
>the cancerous shitposter decides to chime in
You don't get a say faggot, post some fucking photos for once or fuck off cunt

>>3088538
She doesn't suck, you hate her personally which I guarantee contributes to a large percentage of why you hate her photos. Like other anon said, bitch needs to curate her threads far more than she does, but overall has some quality photos, photos which you of all people should show more recognition to.
>>
>>3088817
^^
>>
>>3088819
>She doesn't suck, you hate her personally which I guarantee contributes to a large percentage of why you hate her photos.
Fun fact: Sugar used to have a crush on isi, and befriended her on Facebook only to have her ruthlessly mock his "I'm a vegan" posts
He's since unfriended her.
>>
>>3088819
Lol, shutup james.
>>
because you guys bullied out all the good trips
>>
>>3088826
wtf I love isi now
>>
>>3088830
pretty much this. /p/ is dead.
>>
File: 1424477224882.jpg (131KB, 673x999px) Image search: [Google]
1424477224882.jpg
131KB, 673x999px
>>3088794
>Ayya
>boy
>13

Ayya was some forever alone woman in her early 30s.

Camera ModelHP Photosmart C4400 series
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Macintosh)
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:02:19 22:56:52
>>
>>3088845
thats ayyas mom.
ayya was an 18-19 year old pre-transition trap.
>>
moopco is just a tard, it's a pity his name keeps getting mentioned
>>
>>3088879
>it's a pity his name keeps getting mentioned
if moopco wasn't such a shit stirring piece of duckweed perhaps it wouldn't
>>
>>3088882
>implying you can stir shit with duckweed

Fucking hell you're dumb
>>
>>3088879
It's a pity the cunt hasn't killed himself yet
>>
>>3088884
You have absolutely zero immagination
>>
>>3088886
I'll concede, your spelling and punctuation alone are much more creative than I could muster.

>>3088885
Did he hurt you?
>>
>>3088887
Wow, moopco is on fire this morning. He'll be along with the "I'm not moopco" line soon.

Go on poopy, give it both barrels
>>
lets just keep deflecting this boards real issues and blame them on trips
>>
>>3088892
If you think it's bad here, check the discord, guy hasn't stfu the whole day.
>>
also, moopco takes awful, kitsch pics.
>>
>>3088666
Satanic trips of truth?

This isn't even unique to /p/, it's everywhere. Sometimes people make a comment like they wish it was lit better, sometimes they say nothing which kind of speaks for itself, and sometimes you get a "like" or a "great capture!".

If you want feedback, you need to seek it out. You need to borderline beg for it.

Thing is, I'm not sure what people want beyond "shallow" feedback. It's hard to tell people exactly what their images were trying to do, and how to make them stronger. I can give ideas and suggestions, if I'm really in the mood or have something that I just want to say, but criticism with meat is kind of hard to give, and it's almost never going to be perfect. It's really up to you in the end to figure out what exactly you're going to do with your camera.

People talk about composition a lot because a lot of folks just want to take better looking pictures of stuff they're interested in. They're not trying to make art or "say something". They want the photo to speak for itself, and one of the ways to strengthen an image is through composition, or light, or better editing. But then, I think you were referring to people who just say it's not good comp and leave it at that, not people who say what's wrong with it specifically.
>>
>>3088892
shut up isi
>>
>>3088528
Isi is a terrible fkin photographer and you pathetic dweebs who white knight for that hack need to die
>>
>>3088555
Holy shit this is actually pretty embarrassing of a response
>>
>all these beta isi defeners
>>
>>3088817

This, the first thing to improving this board is improving the sticky.

If anyone has been on /fit/ they'll know how important a quality sticky is to the new people that come and to fostering a knowledgeable community.

The /fit/ stickies are fucking amazing and break everything down to maximize how to get the most out of your workouts as a beginner. And it's the first place that you're directed when you're new. Read the fucking sticky, learn, go forth, and come back.

This is how it should be here. We need a comprehensive sticky, not the shit we currently have.
>>
>>3089101
>not the shit we currently have.
>inb4 eggy the pedo creeper comes and defends the "pseudosticky"

also we need to get rid of old trips, they are all shit and contribute nothing to the board.
>>
>>3089101
And how do we achieve such a feat ?
>>
>>3089115
we make comitees. should be easy considering the eternal generals we have, so:

-VIDEO COMITEE
-FILM COMITEE
-GEARSHIT COMITEE

each general should come up with some "how to get started and more" pack of info, and then it all should be put into some website (wiki or whatever).
>>
>>3089130
good thing there isnt anything more to photography than video, film, and gear, genius idea!
>>
>>3089130
Well I've been posting the film general thread since /FGT/ stopped posting a while back, but I honestly have no idea what I'm doing and have only been reposting it because I don't want the thread to die.
>>
File: 1473640735728.jpg (52KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
1473640735728.jpg
52KB, 640x420px
>>3089115
>put camera on aperture priority
>ISO: less blur at the cost of noise the higher it is
>low f-number = bokeh
>high f-number = landscape
>Shutter speed = ignore, just don't shoot in the dark and always use flash
>choose vivid setting or similar and leave the rest on auto

There you go now you're pretty much a pro already. Remember to donate
>>
>>3089104
trips in general I think. the only person posting regularly who is worth noting is alex and he never uses one.
>>
>>3089138
there'll always be an anon to initiate a /fgt/, better or worse, don't make yourself out to be some lone martyr of the cause, man. It's just a couple of copypasted lines.
>>
>>3088587
Made me laugh, and, after a few moments of introspection, really sad.
>>
>>3089163
>Alex
>Worth noting
Alex is a very generic landscape photographer, albeit a dedicated one. Thinking he's some ascended master is part and parcel to how little this board understands about photography.

If you have a Chromecast and leave it on its default settings, you'll be exposed to hundreds of photographers like Alex or better just through the screensavers.

He makes beautiful work, but it's about as deep and artistic as Norman Rockwell.

Alex himself would likely agree with my sentiment. His tutorials however are nice.
>>
>>3089208
>still thinks photography MUST be art in order to be valid
>>
lmao this thread got really sad quick

so you guys find out that ayya is transgender and you all destroy her for that, and now you're making up lies that isi is trans too? i can't believe you guys are this pathetic
>>
>>3089208
I don't like Alex photos because they're deep. I like them because they're well executed and pleasing to look at. They probably sing much more in person since they're almost all large format shots.

Easy to call them generic and boring but considering how many badly executed shots I see everywhere (bad light, bad comp, bad editing) it's really refreshing to see someone at least trying to just make nice photographs even if they do not break the mold. Honestly, I don't think there's many landscape photographers, if any, who out do Alex in technique or dedication. The only thing I wish he might change is his compositions sometimes.
>>
>>3089246
Closet cases wearing their sisters panties are prone to project
>>
>>3088537
I await the revival of /fap/

Only way to save the two dying boards from their own toxicity
>>
The answer to OP's question is in this thread itself. How can you people not see it? From either a question, a photo or anything else legitimate, every thread turns into a total name-calling circlejerk shitfest, where the usual 3-4 nicknames pop up, calling each other out. Every. Single. Time.
Sometimes someone comes up with a photothread of their own, dumping their pics, even recently I noticed, and what happens afterward? You expect that a small community such as /p/ would just stop shitposting for a second and care enough to give some input, but no, that rarely happens, it almost never happens anymore. Not because the pics posted are a waste of time garbage - actually sometimes they are great - but because people don't even give a shit anymore, unless there is something to bash, either a tripcode or a camera system. When people stop caring about the content the board was made for, first fewer actual photos get posted, then people start to move away and eventually nothing worthwhile is left.
No one to blame but yourselves.
>>
>>3089298
>/thread
>>
>>3089298
>>because people don't even give a shit anymore, unless there is something to bash, either a tripcode or a camera system

Honestly, I perfer if /p/ just simply die. This shit hole is cancer. The whole "criticism has to be harsh" fails because it's just an excuse for insecure fags who sucks at photography to troll.

I said this many times before but people can not differentiate between what is a poster's technical short coming or creative decision.

plz let /p/ die there's nothing here.
>>
does reddit have a good photography sub?
>>
>>3089298
>where the usual 3-4 nicknames pop up, calling each other out
It's not even the trips themselves, its the people obsessed with their individual least favorites
>>
>>3088543
This seems like truth.
>>
>>3089298
>Sometimes someone comes up with a photothread of their own, dumping their pics,
you mean isi?
>>
>>3088514

Maybe - just maybe - people are sick and fucking tired of seeing people posting "test shots" and asking for fucking advice before they have even shot 20 photos?

Every fucking thread is full of GARBAGE.

What is it with millennials and the need for instant validation without effort? FUCK OFF FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND TAKE SOME FUCKING PHOTOS.

I shot for 11 years before even posting a fucking thing online! Why can't people handle even one year?

>OMG NEW CAMERUH
>SNAP SNAP SNAP
>GUIZE HOW R MY SHOTS? ADVICE?
>>
>>3089247
Stop liking skillfully executed, pleasing photos that the ordinary, unwashed masses might enjoy!
>>
>>3089409
No one said not to like them, that's a strawman. Alex takes lovely pics.
But to think he's a lone ascended master photographer is a very limited understanding of what photography is or can be. Landscape photography requires dedication and scouting, but it's also incredibly low stress. Most people consider it therapeutic.

A good journalistic photographer is much more impressive, because it requires a tighter skillset and faster thinking.
>>
>>3089411
>Landscape photography
>journalistic photographer

Neither one is more important or valid than the other. They are different disciplines each deserving respect in its own right. As are all the other areas where people might use photography.

You might have your preferences and that is fine but that doesn't invalidate everything that doesn't interest you.
>>
>>3089417
Do you even realize you're not disagreeing with me?

I'm not saying Alex isn't skilled, I am saying the idea that Alex is the "only good photographer on /p/" is incredibly uneducated.
You have to be pretty thick, or English can't be your first language.
>>
>>3089419
>A good journalistic photographer is much more impressive
>>
>>3089425
did you scroll past
>Alex takes lovely pics.
>But to think he's a lone ascended master photographer (...)
to copy and paste that?

More impressive does not equate to more important or more valid. Is English your first language?

A good journalist is more likely to be able to take passable landscape photos than a good landscape photographer is likely to be able to take good journalistic material.

One discipline embraces long-term planning while the other requires fast reaction times.
It is inherently easier to plan out things than it is to react to them.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2092430307/arsenal-the-intelligent-camera-assistant-0/description

No ones gonna be making an Aresenal camera assistant that works for journalists any time soon.
>>
File: _1860205 (Small).jpg (34KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
_1860205 (Small).jpg
34KB, 720x480px
>>3088485
want to know why?? because everysingle time i come here to ask about something creative, or share ideas or work, all i get is bigoted answers, dumb pixel peeping and "my dick is bigger than yours i know that much more than you" type of comments that basically makes you all a bunch of faggots, fat neckbeards with a random dslr on your table and no stories to tell. reals like me, a director of photography working and living from that, rather want to go somewhere friendlier.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-GH4
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:02:13 00:38:46
Exposure Time1/25 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating640
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>3088514
This is not the reddit/deviantart hugbox you're used to.
>>
>>3089408
desu you sound like a person that could have used some validation in your formative years. Someone actually being supportive to you.

You come off like a jaded asshole, and you literally used the phrase "what is it with millennials and their constant need for instant validation..."

You sound like an out of touch middle aged person who is writing an article on a generation they don't understand but think they do anyways because they have so much arrogance and entitlement, they don't stop and try to understand the very people they're berating. It's laughable.

You are part of the problem with this board. This isn't some elitist club where we all sip fucking wine and post 1 photo after being a hermit jacking off in a hut with our camera after 11 years.

We should be embracing every shitty thread of some new person with a new camera taking shitty photos. This is how you build a community, you foster it from the ground up. Not trample on it from the top down.

And this doesn't mean that you lie and say "wow, this photo is totally amazing bro!" Absolutely not. But you are supportive and offer ways to improve without yelling or berating, or belittling, or without being condescending.

Is that too much to ask of you?
>>
>>3089442
I stopped reading your post when it became obvious you were a projecting millenial.
Not the guy you're responding to either.
>>
>>3089444

What was being projected? And how?
>>
>>3089446
"desu you sound like someone who could have used validation in your formative years"
simply means
"I lacked validation in my formative years and seek it out as an adult and find it threatening that you're addressing that"
>>
>>3089448

But that's not true at all. I'm extremely privileged to be in a supportive family and friend circle.

So I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>3089432
There really is no point asking for constructive criticism here. If you know what you're doing, then you know what you're doing. If there are people who like your work, then you're doing something right. Coming here is literally throwing your work to dogs who have nothing better than to tear you for every shred you're worth. You don't gain much from throwing your work around here. In fact, it will only be counterproductive.
>>
>>3089247
>Honestly, I don't think there's many landscape photographers, if any, who out do Alex in technique or dedication
I was with you right up to here, then you lost me. Either you don't look at other photographers work, or you're just an idiot.
>>
>>3089396
>It's not even the trips themselves
wew, nice delusions
>>
>>3089454
Why does isi keep posting anon?
>>
>>3089457
I don't even know who the fuck this isi or who the hell all these people are arguing about above. I'm not some veteran to this board. But it doesn't take more than being around a few weeks to see what kind of massive shithole this place is.
>>
>>3089460
isi is a degenerate unemployed pot-addicted college dropout tranny that makes a hundred threads a month for no goddamn reason, it makes me sick

>>3086265
>>3079138

his photos aren't even good, they're lomo trash
>>
>>3089427
Have you any idea how fatuous you are?
>I can do better landscape than Alex can do journalism
>>
>>3089467
I'm not a journalist. I'm a portrait photographer. I just recognize that working a developing story is immensely harder than casually hiking up a mountain for a sunrise pic.
>>
>>3089461
No one forces you to look at them, you choose to. A grown up would simply hide her threads and move on but if it bothers you that much you can always leave and not come back.
>>
>>3089455
OK, but I stand by what I said. "Just go look at other work bro", no. Why don't you show it to me instead?
>>
>>3089469
>no one forces you to
>as soon as I hide one thread he posts another
fuck off, you probably are isi, tripdropping as always
why dont you go get that manface of yours fixed instead of harassing the board
>>
>>3089468
Yeah like being an MMA champion is SOOO much harder than just being an astronaut casually riding a rocket up into space and doing math all day in zero gravity, because they don't need to be all quick-thinking dodging punches and stuff right?
>>
File: IMG_4544.jpg (583KB, 2188x1886px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4544.jpg
583KB, 2188x1886px
First time in /p/ actually havent even looked through the thread, but i want some harsh advice on some pics, image related

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Image Created2017:03:26 13:21:55
Exposure Time1.3 sec
F-Numberf/20.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/20.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>3089473
fuck off to a different thread faggot. welcome to /p/. expect no less than this exact treatment.
>>
>>3089468
>casually hiking up a mountain

Except that's not true at all. It's actually more like

>hike through many miles of woods with 30 pounds of camera gear + supplies on your back in freezing rain/snow
>camp out in awful conditions all night
>wake up to take photograph
>oh shit, it's cloudier than I thought, there's not enough light and I can't get the shot I was planning
>oh shit the shutter release is acting up
>ok I got the shutter release working
>now I need to plan the shot around weather, which I wasn't expecting

If you ARE truly dedicated and your goal is more complicated and detailed than "sunrise over mountainside, check", then it's going to be far more difficult and stressful. How many times do you think he's had a shot in mind, gone to get it, and the weather shat on his face so he either had to improvise with something different or go home with nothing? And this is on top of him shooting LF, which means he has to nail exposure and focus and settings and not then go back and process the stuff for printing/web, which is pretty tedious if you've ever shot LF.

Landscape photography IS difficult, if you apply yourself and put in the work and care. If all he did was stroll around national parks in nice weather with a D-SLR, shoot everything in the middle of the day from eye level, then go back and do some quick VSCO filter applications before posting on his facebook page/website, I might agree with you. But you're so far off the mark when it comes to how much work Alex does, it's not even funny.
>>
>>3089472
>taking landscape photos is like sending rockets into space
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2092430307/arsenal-the-intelligent-camera-assistant-0/description
sure ok

Landscape photography takes very little mastery. Maybe 100 years ago when we didn't have phone apps that will literally predict the exact conditions and time to shoot for you.
The math you need for landscape photography is the kind of math you learn by the 6th grade. Not astrophysics.
>>
File: IMG_4543.jpg (2MB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4543.jpg
2MB, 3888x2592px
>>3089474
>nothing to do with photography
gee thanks friend

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 10.0.10011.16384
Image Created2017:03:26 13:13:14
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/20.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/20.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Red-Eye Reduce
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width3888
Image Height2592
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>3089475
Lollllllll
You buy into the myths of hardship people peddle around themselves way too much. You never actually go /out/ do you?

Just lolllllll.

"this thing that millions of people do every weekend as a hobby is omg so stressing"

Alex Burke doesn't climb mount everest every time he wants to take a picture, you clod.
>>
>>3089471
>as soon as I hide one thread he posts another
Hide that too. It only takes a split second, I know this from experience because I hide all yours.
>fuck off, you probably are isi
I know it gives you an erection to think I am but I'm not.

The thing is, you KNOW that I'm right. You could solve all your problems by simply not coming back to /p/. Hey, it would solve a lot of /p/'s problems as well. You could be a hero in everyone's eyes. Do it faggot, leave and don't come back
>>
>>3089477
A system that chooses camera settings for you? Why even buy this when electronic viewfinders exist? As if any scene had "perfect settings" lol

>>3089479
It's stressful when you do it for a living and you need photographs. It's frustrating when the weather doesn't cooperate.
>>
Because people don't even think about conceptual photos anymore

It all just boils down to aesthetics and nitpicking
>>
>>3089479
It was a counterexample. Nobody "casually" hikes up a mountain with tons of heavy camera gear and camping supplies in subfreezing temps to take a photograph on a tedious and unforgiving format. What Alex does might be relaxing and enjoying to him but I'd call his methods, work ethic and drive far from "casual" considering he does this as a full time job. You should try to be ignorant somewhere else.
>>
>>3089484
>It's stressful when you do it for a living and you need photographs. It's frustrating when the weather doesn't cooperate.
Landscape photographers aren't hard pressed for new images. You won't get fired for not adding a shot to your portfolio this weekend. You sell prints at art fairs. Usually years after shooting them.

you WILL get fired if you fail to get your needed shots at a presidential victory speech.

You are a real dummy.
>>
>>3089494
"Full time job"
He sells prints at local art fairs from a van, he's not a national geographic globetrotter

And people casually hike mountains all the time. Ever been to Scotland? I'm only 18 and I've summited 8 times this year.

You're a h*cking fool who never left his mom's basement
>>
>>3089477
The moment anyone starts to say one form of art is more demanding or difficult or more notable than another, that's the exact sound of an amateur who is insecure and needs to justify his only one area of strength as the dominant one in some really roundabout way. Not just art, anything in life really.
>>
>>3089499
>I'm only 18 and I've summited 8 times this year.
you say that like it gets easier to do over time...
>>
>>3089511
It does if you maintain your body, not everyone's a cheeto comando
>>
>>3089499
>Ever been to Scotland? I'm only 18 and I've summited 8 times this year.
Ben Nevis is only 1,345 metres, you should be up and down before breakfast.

For non-Brits Ben Nevis is our highest mountain
>>
>>3089470
Literally any photographer on the same level as Alex, doing the same style of photography with similar gear has to put in equal amounts of dedication and technique. I'm not saying Alex isn't good, but he certainly doesn't stand out any more than the thousands of other LF photographers from the states doing the same.
>>
File: a7a9trump.jpg (138KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
a7a9trump.jpg
138KB, 600x500px
Look at all you hobbyists fighting against each other. You're all like sports car owners that are trying to see who is more of a "race car driver" than the others around you.

You all need to shut up and go take photos like the hobbyists you are. Actual professionals don't waste their time arguing here because they are out there contributing on the clock. Stop trying to act like any of you here are actually a renowned professional.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2017 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:05:29 10:33:34
Image Width600
Image Height500
>>
File: tronald_dump.jpg (160KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
tronald_dump.jpg
160KB, 600x500px

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image Width600
Image Height500
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2017:06:05 15:01:32
Image Width600
Image Height500
>>
>>3088967
...what? poopco takes pictures? That's something new.
>>
>>3089396
>It's not even the trips themselves, its the people obsessed with their individual least favorites
Agree on this, and...
>>3089406
>you mean isi?
...this is the proof.
Jesus fucking Christ, stop with your goddamn obsession for these people. No, I'm talking about your "isi" or [insert other infamous nickname here], there are many examples of genuine content being posted by anons that don't get two shits because you people just circlejerk over the same ones. For instance, >>3087577.
>>
>>3089551
It's fucking sad, I dropped my trip about 3 years ago because I began being mentioned in every thread because someone got upset that my crit wasn't endless praise.

They still haven't got over it, and they're still intent on shitting up the board.
>>
>>3088888
>>
>>3089442

>please let this be my safe space
>>
>>3089551
nigga that shit is meh to the extreme
>>
>>3088485
All the good posters left and the loudest most shit ones stayed behind.

Thankfully you can keep up with the oldfags on insta instead of this shit hole.
>>
>>3089699
>oldfags were good meme
so cringey, there has always been a minimum of talent on this board

facebook cliques killed the board
>>
>>3089644
"no"
>>
The day Alphon left this board, is the day it died.
>>
>>3089679
>nigga that shit is meh to the extreme
then do what would benefit to this board, post your own content, but hey, it's better to shitposting, I see
>>3089743
>The day Alphon left this board, is the day it died.
>muh trips on a pedestal
fuck off you pathetic cucks
>>
File: Ccr_Of2VAAEifc-[1].jpg (17KB, 534x379px) Image search: [Google]
Ccr_Of2VAAEifc-[1].jpg
17KB, 534x379px
>>3089755
>taking such low quality bait so easily
>>
>>3089759
>I was just pretending to be retarded
>>
And here I thought I finally found something to come to 4chan for other than porn.

Nope.

Back to just porn. Fuck /p/
>>
>>3089794
Why would you come here for porn, of all places?
>>
>>3089499
Idiot. It is his full time job. He made a god damned fucking thread about it. If you weren't so busy sloberring dicks you may have noticed it.
>>
>>3089419
>photographer
Without placing value judgement on genres, I really don't know if many people here have their given area of photography licked like he does. Maybe a small handful.
>>
File: 1489259516473(2).jpg (476KB, 1282x798px) Image search: [Google]
1489259516473(2).jpg
476KB, 1282x798px
ha ha I love trips, trips haven't ruined this board at all!

>>3089695
>>
>>3089915
If you'd read the thread you'd know that he's a former Volkswagen technician, and it's his full time job in the sense that he travels around to art fairs to sell prints from a tent.
Which isn't a job. It's a way of life, however.

A photographer that works assignments for a magazine, that's a job.
>>
>>3090023
HAHAHAHA wtf
>>
>>3088538
>>3088549
>>3088819
>she
>>
>>3090106
>A photographer that works assignments for a magazine, that's a job.

Is there such a thing beyond the hallowed halls of National geographic? I suppose it depends on the magazine but I would have thought most were freelance
>>
>>3090126
>moopco
>>
>>3090106
Entrepreneurship is a job. Someone else writing your checks and telling you what to point your camera at doesn't make it a job.
>>
>>3090106
you sure are 18 if thats your definition of a job
>>
>>3090023
can't believe how horrible some people can be
>>
>>3090271
Yeah, I can't believe that we're to the point on /p/ that we're having to defend someone like Alex on whether or not his photography business counts as a job. I mean, for fuck's sake. It's not like he's selling face cream or some lame shit. Now *that* would be wankery of the highest order.
>>
>>3090023
>>3090405
I don't even understand what is wrong here. What exactly is so bad about this?
>>
>>3090412
I think you're mixing up two separate discussions in this thread. The first link you posted is a discussion about a trip who, apparently, tried to comment on his own thread with the intent of appearing anonymous but messed up and left his trip on; while the second link is from a discussion about a different, well-known photographer (who doesn't trip but who is known here nonetheless) and whether or not his photography business counts as a "job."
>>
>>3090159
you know, it actually can be both simultaneously

moopco trolls isi incessantly

but that doesn't mean isi isn't trans
>>
>>3088543
I used to not think this was the case, but thinking back over the years, this really is the #1 contributing factor towards the downfall of this board. It's not the only reason---there are plenty of uniquely toxic personalities which have drug this place down---but it really is the primary reason.

Second would be that nobody has a sense of humor.
>>
/p/ died with Sloth left.

The end.
>>
File: 1311188244404.jpg (11KB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1311188244404.jpg
11KB, 280x302px
>>3088778
damn...

Image Width280
Image Height302
>>
>>3090423
>but that doesn't mean isi isn't trans
doesn't mean she is either
>moopco trolls
I prefer the term moopco is a belligerent cunt. He's also known to lie and samefag in order to try and support his bullshit. He is the most malignant cancer on this board
>>
File: Download.png (731KB, 613x613px) Image search: [Google]
Download.png
731KB, 613x613px
>>3088819
It's simple - Jess(i)e has got a huge crush on her.
>>
>>3090552
>known to lie and samefag
Source?
>>
>>3090578
Check out any isi thread, his toxic personality shines through on all his posts.
>>
nomatter what isi is it's a 6/10 at best if I'm being nice, desu
>>
>>3090622
>if I'm being nice
implying that you are capable of being nice
>>
File: hottieisi.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
hottieisi.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
>>3090622
Nah, she's at least a 7. If trans, a 9.
>>
>>3090633
>that eyebrow to cheekbone ratio
makes my dick shoot through the roof
>>
>>3088634
so fucking true
>>
OK, I started lurking here several years ago so I'm not an oldfag. The whole isi/moopco thing became apparant rather quickly to the point I made/make shoops on the subject.

In this time I have interacted with both parties, as a compadre and nemesis.

It has been painfully obvious that isi is an open and honest individual with firm beliefs and doesn't suffer fools gladly. She has and does study her craft to the extent most anons criticize her on the size of her feet (or some ting). I've had several (limited) interactions with her, I hope they have been mutually beneficial (well, she's a girl so gets the final word).

Moopco on the other hand dwells in his deluded self diagnosis and victim pandering. When critisized on anything he'll blame everyone else for their folly. He will mock and belittle anyone in the harshest terms and justify it with "muh spectrum". As a colour blind photographer and tone deaf sound engineer he really is the real deal.

To all the other trips out there: I sort of like you. Nevar change /p/
>>
>>3090675
t. isi
>>
>>3090687
Oh you...
xoxoxo
>>
>>3090106
>arguing semantics like this

Top kek. It's his one and only source of income, at least since he made that thread. It is a full time job and it's how he makes a living.
>>
>>3090727
>people that live off of part-time jobs dont exist
I'm playing nuance, not semantics.
>>
>>3090728
>nuance
it's spelled nuisance
>>
>>3090733
It's time to wear the noose, Chance.
>>
>>3090578
see every sony cancer post
>>
>>3090758
hoax
>>
>>3090758
Every time I've seen someone talk about sony, there's always someone there to explode in an autistic fit.

Then when they're asked to clarify why sony isn't a good choice they completely vanish.

It's almost like they have no argument against sony except they can't afford one.
>>
trips are ruining this board
>>
>>3091377
kill yourself cunt
>>
>>3091382
Why do you wish for my death?
>>
One doesn't have to look any further than the goddamn bird thread to see the shitposting rotting this board away.
>>
>>3091377
>when they're asked to clarify why sony isn't a good choice they completely vanish
Because it's been said a million times. If you were paying attention instead of just trolling you'd have noticed
>>
>>3091398
>it's been said a million times

But even you still can't give a reason, comon man, you've heard it a million times, surely you haven't forgotten?
>>
>>3091398
In fact, as you just commented on evfs with "kek", would you mind clarifying why you think they are inferior, just to keep it even, I've listed the pros of an evf;

Wysiwyg exposure preview, never chimp again
Intelligent af, my camera knows what an eye looks like and can lock onto it
Focus peaking, manual focus faster and more accurately
Focus mag, never miss critical focus again, even on a manual focus 85 1.4 at minimum focusing distance
Brightness boosting, I can critical focus in almost pitch black
Larger, there's no physicallimit to evf size, so they are MUCH larger than crop bodies vf, larger than nearly every ff ovf, and with perfect 100% coverage
Perfect af, as mirrorless doesn't rely on calibration for af, it gets it perfect every time

And some ovf negs

Can't focus lenses faster than 2.8 without swapping to a darker screen
Gotta keep the sensor, mirror and ground glass spotless, all very fragile and likely points of failure
Mirrorbox limits lens design, especially for anything wider than 50mm
Don't stare at the sun!
Makes the camera big and autistic looking.

Like, really senpai? You're clueless.
>>
>>3091416
use the archive you lazy bastard, you've got fuck all else to do all day
>>
>>3091461
I looked in the archive, all I could find was
>someone says good things about Sony
>someone says "HA SONY"
>someone asks for clarification
>no one replies

good job friend.
>>
>>3091466
yes, well done poopchute
>>
>>3091469
So you agree,
There is no anti-sony argument, only anti-sony fanbois?

Good to hear senpai.
>>
>>3091377
Because trolling Sony is a meme here, one-word shit crits and Uncle Terry images.
>>
we need to nuke this board and start over
>>
>>3091613
This board is full of cockroaches. It would be exactly the same within a day.
>>
>>3089408
How are you going to get better if you don't have anyone to tell you what you did wrong? I'd rather be told my composition is bad when I'm first starting out so I can work on it early, instead of taking photos for 10 years thinking they're hot shit when they're just shit
>>
>>3091377
Because there is nothing wrong with sony. People get brand loyal to their expensive toys, so when tons of sony threads pop up people go crazy

I shoot on a canon, only because I got a good deal on the camera (and now have enough lenses that i'd rather not switch). But if all my equipment turned into sony shit (or any brand, honestly), I'd be just as happy.
>>
>>3095885
It'd be annoying to switch to a brand that's trending just to have worse battery life and in a smaller form factor. Despite the chats of how Sony is innovating (which I'm sure they are), I've yet to see a feature of theirs that's really attractive. I held a couple A7's Best Buy and wasn't really sold on them.
>>
>>3088684
no its pretentious tripfags like yourself.
get fucked you attention whore
>>
>>3088485
Coming back here on /p/ after 1-2 years, it all looks the same...
>>
File: IMG_5889.jpg (102KB, 802x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5889.jpg
102KB, 802x960px
>>3095911

Really makes you think.

Image Width802
Image Height960
>>
>>3095898
The smaller form is great, dslrs are for autist kids.

And I've never needed more than one spare battery for a days shooting, it's hardly a deal breaking compromise.
>I'm going to buy an inferior, larger camera that weighs 400g extra so I don't need to carry a 50g battery.
Lol, what, you simple son?
>>
>>3096273
>The smaller form is great, dslrs are for autist kids.
In your opinion. And who really gives a shit about your opinion.
>>
>>3096273
>the smaller form is great
No. It isn't. Not for me.

>400g
Wow. Half a fucking pound, not even. That's soooooooo heavy guise ;^(
>>
>>3096370
>>3096370
>Wow. Half a fucking pound, not even. That's soooooooo heavy guise ;^(
I'm not that guy and I do not want to defend sony or any other brand, but it actually makes the difference in the long run, plus the size of the lens attached. I'm not talking about the daily trip where you can reach your destination, set your camera, shoot and go home, but rather when you are out for days hiking or visiting foreign places/cities. It gets heavy and cumbersome. I also found myself in cramped places quite often, i.e. underground caves, and a smaller body would have helped. Before you call me dyel, I do weightlifting but that means nothing.
>>
>>3096380
>when you are out for days hiking or visiting foreign places/cities. It gets heavy and cumbersome.

Don't care whether you lift or not, you're a fucking pussy
>>
>>3096438
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>3096380
Unless you are carrying a shit ton of gear, the size of the camera really doesn't matter that much. Let's not even get into the fact that Sony ergonomics/lens ecosystem/overall camera brand is simply not everyone's cup of tea, for a variety of reasons. Holding up size as the most important factor to consider for a camera purchase is just lazy, low quality Sony shilling, or just a general defense mechanism for your purchase. This is exactly why I find Sony users annoying: they cannot even FATHOM that people have different needs/interests/desires. Sony does everything right, and everyone else is wrong. That's precisely what I meant by their obnoxious, insufferable fanbase. I've nothing against Sony, but I'm really sick and tired of their shills.
>>
>>3096370
>I have fat burger hands
Yes you do

>weight isn't important
>nikon d810 & 35mm 2.8 - 1.2kg
>sony a7rii & 35mm 2.8 - 710g
>cost difference to send to iss - $6000
You fucking eejit.

Also

>things should be heavier than they need to be
Which is applicable to nothing except ashtrays and pens.

>>3096586
Experienced shooters shouldn't be asking what camera to get, newbies should get sony because evfs are super useful for beginners and sony are the only people offering a competitive product with one.
>>
>>3096946
That representation isn't not so accurate because the lenses aren't very far apart in weight. Once you start putting tele photos and super telephotos on it, that small 500g differences is completely meaningless. At the same time, having such a tiny body at the end of a heavy lens has its own complications. Most Sony users are not going beyond 200mm so it is hardly a thing people deal with in general, but that's a completely different conversation.
>>
>>3096946
35mm F2.8 Nikon: 204g
35mm F2.8 Sony Zeiss: 200g

80-400mm Nikon 1210g
100-400mm Sony 1395g

Bigger better lenses don't become more compact and lightweight just because the mirrorless system is small and lightweight. Lens size and diameter still have constant factors when it comes to clarity, sharpness, F-stop, etc. You can't make lenses tinier and expect to squeeze out the same or better level of quality.
>>
>>3096957
Incredibly few people go past 200mm, only sports & wildlife, and 95% of the rest fill everything over 85mm with a 70-200.

Sonys 85mm is smaller/lighter than the competition, as is every lens shorter than it.

You're whining because for most people one lens will be the same size as the competitions.

>>3096963
35mm 2.8 samyang for sony fe: 85g

>you can't make lenses smaller and expect better quality

You wanna go tell leica that?

Also, learn2optics, the mirrorbox massively limits and compromises lens design, and lowers Iq and transmission.
>>
>>3096586
>fails to see the benefit of smaller cameras
>gets mad at Sony users for not understanding that not everyone has the same tastes
>>
File: 1476555616893.jpg (41KB, 620x451px) Image search: [Google]
1476555616893.jpg
41KB, 620x451px
>>3096967
> the mirrorbox massively limits and compromises lens design
Yes.
>and lowers Iq and transmission
No. How?
>>
>>3096946
>cost difference to send to iss - $6000

That is the stupidest comparison I've seen in a long time. Since it costs $20 million minimum to go to the ISS I don't think anybody is going to quibble about an extra six grand.

>lost images due to shit battery life - $incalculable
>>
>>3096973
Light halves for every doubling in distance, distance between back of lens to sensor is 20mm vs 50mm, you're waving goodbye to over a stop of light right there. (No, the image coming out of your lens isn't a laser)

And you get an iq drop as you need extra glass to make retrofocal lenses, you get shake from the mirror flipping and the proof is in the pudding, look at modern leica and sony gear.
>>
>>3096967
I didn't whine, I said at the end most people don't go beyond 200mm. You restated that. I only pointed it out because it would be generalizing too much to compare it so casually.

>Samyang
>MF

Taking out the focus drive makes stuff lighter of course.
>>
>>3096978
That's not how that works, the light intensity is inverse quadratically related to the distance from the source, you can't just pick any two arbitrary points.
>>
>>3096981
Samyang do autofocus lenses for sony you mongoloid. That's the benefit of sony releasing their mount, everyone can make fully featured lenses with no tacked on extortionate licensing fee. That 85g 35mm 2.8 lens is autofocus.

>>3096984
Yes, and a lens inverts everything it sees, converting it into the point source of light at the point all the light rays cross. Just grab a lens, line it up with a light source and vary the distance of the lens from what it's projecting on, image circle gets larger and less intense as you move it away.
>>
File: artfags.jpg (93KB, 540x776px) Image search: [Google]
artfags.jpg
93KB, 540x776px
>>3088514
So this is new/p/.
I don't know why I came back.
>>
>>3088736
Maybe the board would be better if people here had the brains and decency to criticize photos instead of sexuality or genetics. How is attacking someone for beeing XXY, which I doubt is even true, different from attacking them for being black?
This board has more childish doxing than /b/ and it's clearly because the kiddies don't have any real arguments to throw around.
>>
>>3089192
That's rich coming from the retard who claims he pissed off everybody on Discord to enhance the feeling of community there.
>>
>>3096946
>everything ahould be as light as possible because I say so!
You just completely proved my point and you don't even realize it. It's not just about weight. It's about form factor. Remember when I said I held one at Best Buy and didn't like it? No of course you didn't because as I stated, you cannot fathom somebody having different wants and resort to name calling bullshit instead.

>>3096971
No. I'm not the one here trying to tell everyone that Sony is terrible and only my choices are valid. You have it completely backwards.
>>
>>3088485
Let me give an example of why

>guy bus canon rebel.
>reads guides.
>goes to park.
>finds toadstool next to tree
>Sets up camera.
>takes 5 pics of it with different settings.
>Comes to /p/ <--this is a mistake.
toadstool.jpg
>Gets called fag.
>made fun of for rebel
>Asked if the subject is the toadstool of dirt underneath.
Bitched at about post processing even though he has only had the camera a week.

Guy goes to another forum
>Everyone is all "hi! welcome!"
>"Great first pic"
>"Let me give you a couple pointers that i wish someone had told me!"
"when you are ready to try post process let us know!"

See the difference between the places? After spending a few hundred dolloreedoos, any sane peron would go to the second place.
>>
>>3097383
>made fun of for rebel
that has never happened.

also
>guy goes to another forum
>posts
>gets roasted with passive aggresiveness from middle aged gearfag 'togs
>is trained to love tonemapping, long exposures of water and camera tests
>dies
>>
>>3097386
>that has never happened.
That kind of thing happens on a regular basis.

He will also be told to sell his camera and kill himself

>>3097099
>>3097173
>>3093643

And really, what's the difference between a bunch of boring, middle-aged gear fags and a bunch of self-obsessed, immature gear fags
>>
>>3097419
>>>3097099
>>>3097173
>>>3093643
that anon should really kill himself and drop photography forever, though.

>>3097419
>what's the difference between a bunch of boring, middle-aged gear fags and a bunch of self-obsessed, immature gear fags
the teens will grow up eventually. the middle aged fags will only get worse.
>>
>>3097421
>that anon should really kill himself and drop photography forever, though.
That was 3 different anons from 3 different threads

>the teens will grow up
the teens will grow into boring, middle-aged gear fags
FTFY
>>
>>3097383
>>Guy goes to another forum
>>Everyone is all "hi! welcome!"
>>"Great first pic"
>>"Let me give you a couple pointers that i wish someone had told me!"
>>"when you are ready to try post process let us know!"
Eh. I've met all sorts of photographers and not all of them are nice. People will be mean and critical about your work, and I think part of it is due to their own cynicism deep down. The people who like my photos most are usually people who do not take a lot of photographs or, if they do, they're not as serious about it. I've wondered why this is, but sometimes it really feels like people in photography are so critical of their own stuff that they act just as critical about other people's stuff. Moreover, they are carefully considerate of their own incredibly specific and somewhat arbitrary sets of rules that they've probably picked up and imposed on themselves over the years. Usually it'll come out as something vague like "the composition could be better" (it doesn't follow the rule book I read, so it's bad). Or "it needs to tell a story" (because this is important, right? somebody told me it was, so it must be...). Meanwhile the 'regular people' are just happy to see something that they think looks good.
>>
>>3097419
>when you upset a mod/janitor so he calls out 3 separate posts where you've been a meanie on the 4chins

Go kill yourself you triggered little snowflake faggot.

>>3097383
I'll take honesty over pandering any day.

>>3097019
>how is xxy different from being black?
You tell me, nigger tranny man.

At the end of the day boyos (and boyogirlo), you came to the least hospitable place on the internet for strangers to judge your "art", make the most of it.
>>
>>3097456
>You tell me, nigger tranny man.
there's no difference except rarity. xxy isn't even a tranny, it's just hormonal problems. you seem very uneducated right now hehe.
>>
hmmm

Camera SoftwareLayout from Instagram
Horizontal Resolution0 dpi
Vertical Resolution0 dpi
Image Width2048
Image Height2048
>>
File: Capture.png (321KB, 1382x736px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
321KB, 1382x736px
>>3088485
this is why
>>
>>3097456
> >>when you upset a mod/janitor so he calls out 3 separate posts where you've been a meanie on the 4chins
So you admit that it is not /p/ as a whole that is a nasty fucked up place it is just one retarded bag-of-shit NEET with a crap camera that you don't even know how to use
>>
>>3097466
>visits /p/ just to filter out everything
Pathetic.
>>
>>3097526
Filters out the bulk of you and you are not everything, you are nothing
>>
>>3097501
>another triggered snowflake
>>
>>3097546
true though innit?
>>
>>3097533
>Wants to be something special.
That ostrich effect of yours is charming by the way.
>>
>it's shit and I refuse to explain why
>i am so far beyond your level you cannot even comprehend why your photos are shit. if only you knew how I good I am, you wouldn't be questioning my judgement :^)
>>
>>3088485
Cause /p/ is actually /gear/.
Yelling about brands is half the board, unproductive shitposts another 45%. No wonder people are put off and leave.
>>
>>3097759
t. butthurt
>>
>>3097553
Nah, there's plenty of cancerous twats on here, check out the discord and mention islam.

I aim my hate at stupidity instead of skin colour, sorry if it seems like it's all personal attacks against you ;)
>>
>>3097992
Islam is an ideology, not a colour.
Did you get your ass handed to you in the Discord by people with facts and statistics, buddy?
>>
>>3098022
Yes, I did, I found out that as a whole muslims view westerners as more violent and selfish than westerners view muslims

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2017/05/26/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/

And that a lot more muslims die from terrorism than any other religion (and that's before you count the illegal war, terrorist bombs america drops on the middle east every day.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/muslims-are-the-victims-of-between-82-and-97-of-terrorism-related-fatalities-us-government/5516565

I'm glad I could help you see that we're not "the good guys" on this page in history.
>>
>>3097992
>I aim my hate at stupidity
Such as telling newfags to kill themselves because they take pictures and try to learn. Which is significantly more than you do.

>>I aim my hate at stupidly
There fixed it for you
>>
>>3098030
Muslims are also the perpetrators of all that terrorism, you idiot.
Are you saying it's OK to kill civilians as long as they're Muslims? What the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>3098030
Muslims as a whole also view suicide bombing of innocents to be acceptable.
About 25% of the ones in the US and about 80% worldwide.
No, it's #notallmuslims, but it sure is enough of them and if you think a country like Germany can take in a million plus of these people every year and maintain its culture and economy you are a fool. It's not about hating Muslims but about using your brain and realising that of course we can't just open our borders and let this shit go on unchecked.
I don't hate homeless people either but that doesn't mean I want a steady flow of them through my house. Do you?

I'm sure you're right, though. I'm sure the Muslims do indeed think very little of us Westerners. Why is that a good thing again?
>>
>>3098037
>About 25% of the ones in the US and about 80% worldwide.
provide your sources or don't talk stupid
>>
>>3098040
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-muslims-poll-idUSN2244293620070522

You're a big boy, I'm sure you can google if you don't like Reuters.
>>
because theres iphones now and every 16 year old girl can make a photo as good as from someone who studied photographie.
Git gud spergs
>>
>>3098041

>nationwide poll of 1,050 Muslim
>2.35 million Muslims living in the United States
>Germany, Spain, Britain and France = worldwide
>no mention of what people in predominantly muslim countries think

you should get out more
>>
>>3098037
And what percentage of westerners see the "war on terror" as justified? Consider this, just over 3000 americans have died due to foreign born terrorism since 1975, middle eastern citizens that have died due to american terrorism is way up in the millions.

Pro tip, the war on terror didn't exist before America decided it needed all the oil from the middle east.

Just look at the numbers, look at the history, it can be quite jarring realising that america is the modern day nazi superpower.
>>
File: a2b38be6c3d82ae809b74de8231266ea.jpg (182KB, 850x1280px) Image search: [Google]
a2b38be6c3d82ae809b74de8231266ea.jpg
182KB, 850x1280px
>>3097774

>50% brandfaggotry
>45% snapshit vacation photo blog threads
>05% posters actually asking for feedback and trying to improve

Image OrientationUnknown
Image Width850
Image Height1280
>>
File: sharia1.jpg (99KB, 378x716px) Image search: [Google]
sharia1.jpg
99KB, 378x716px
>>3098069
>hurr, they didn't ask every single Muslim on the planet. I don't know how statistics work.
How many people were polled in your own sources? All of them?
And why do you think it's acceptable to have even 250 of those people in your country?

I do get out. I stay clear of the sharia zone in my city, though. Just like the cops, firefighters, and postal workers do.
>>
>>3098074
The war on terror, which is an abysmal failure, was a direct response to the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001.
You weren't around for that, were you?

>nazi
Ah, nevermind. You're just another retarded sheep.
If you want to see people with nazi ideals your local Mosque is a good place to start.
>>
>>3097992
>Nah, there's plenty of cancerous twats on here, check out the discord and mention islam.

hi moop
>>
>>3098074
>america is the modern day nazi superpower.
Now I think it's your turn to cite some sources.
You think Donald Trump is a national socialist? Can you tell us what he has said and done to make you believe that?

>>3098081
Rare footage of moopco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IcHqIsukEQ
>>
>>3098082
>Now I think it's your turn to cite some sources.
Not him, or him but how is your attention span?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to72IJzQT5k

HyperNormalisation wades through the culmination of forces that have driven this culture into mass uncertainty, confusion, spectacle and simulation. Where events keep happening that seem crazy, inexplicable and out of control—from Donald Trump to Brexit, to the War in Syria, mass immigration, extreme disparity in wealth, and increasing bomb attacks in the West—this film shows a basis to not only why these chaotic events are happening, but also why we, as well as those in power, may not understand them.
>>
>>3098083
>Not him, or him but how is your attention span?

My attention span is fine. But a 3 hour piece boiling down to 'the illuminati or something of the like is controlling everyone through the internet and we have no proof of this but its all real spooky, we guarantee it' is hardly any kind of response
>>
>>3098083
That video in way proves that the US is a national socialist country. It's almost as if you lefties just try to pin that word on everything you don't like.
I was joking when I suggested you don't remember Sept. 11 but you really are young enough to think these are special endtimes, don't you?
No wonder you got your ass handed to you in the Discord.
>>
>>3098089
>the illuminati or something of the like is controlling everyone
Now THAT sounds like something a nazi would say.
>>
>>3098103
Well go watch the video that's pretty much what they suggested was happening
>>
>>3098105
Nobody is going to watch a three hour youtube video you posted as "citation" that the US is a nazi state, idiot.
Literally, unironically, go back to /pol/.
Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>3098110
He didn't post it I did. And I wasn't trying to prove anything.

The video itself asks more questions than it answers but it does use a lot of archive news footage and interviews and it pieces together a lot of events that help explain how we got to where we are. It suggests that you make your own minds up based on a clearer understanding of history.

The fact that none of you want to give it a try suggests that you'd rather stubbornly cling to your preconceived notions than explore other possibilities.

What's really odd though is that y'all remind me of my bigoted, closed-minded grandparents. Well done folks, that's real progress.
>>
File: 1497526361573.jpg (141KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1497526361573.jpg
141KB, 1024x768px
>>3098112
You were specifically asked to provide citation for your retarded claim about the US being a nazi state, though. You clearly failed to do so.
As for your grandparents, they most likely grew up having to actually work to pay their rent and food but I'm sure you know a lot more about how the world works than them, yeah. You have it all figured out already. Whatever will you do with the other 2/3 of college?
>>
>>3098080
The war on terror started way before 9/11 m8
>>
>>3098112
>claim about the US being a nazi state
but that wasn't me, I only just joined the conversation
>>
File: 1496159587489.png (33KB, 899x547px) Image search: [Google]
1496159587489.png
33KB, 899x547px
>>3098115
It was posted in response to, and quoting, a line asking for citation on that claim, though. How short is your attention span?
>>
>>3098114
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror
>>
>>3098121
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_on_Terror#History_of_the_name
>>
>>3098119
>Not him, or him
Longer than yours it seems.

And yes, I know poopchute says that a lot but he'd never admit to hating Sony as much as I do
>>
>>3098080
And 9/11 was a direct response to america invading the middle east and getting pally with israel (pun intended).

>>3098082
>cite sources
Americas kill count in the middle east.
They've been forcibly deployed in an illegal war, invading the middle east, since the 70's.
Placing blame and hate with a single religious group.

You'd have to be blind or blinded by propaganda to not see the similarities.

It's got fuck all to do with being a 'nationalist socialist' and all about clear displays of dominance and power at the expense of human lives, and trump has little to do with it too, he's just passing the baton to the next guy, presuming he doesn't proffer peace or nuke the middle east into orbit.
>>
>>3098124
Oh, sorry. I thought we were talking about the actual war and not the name. Retard.
The War On Terror, the one you hear about in the media all day and the one both sides in the debate were talking about, was a direct result of 9/11. Who gives a shit if the words were used in a different context before.
This is why people just give up and stop talking to you, man. It's not because you "win" all the arguments.

>>3098128
That blame is well placed, though. Jews weren't bombing concerts in the thirties.
It does indeed have fuck all to do with national socialism, and that's why I asked for proof when yet another leftie retard starting throwing around "nazi" without knowing what the word means.
I bet you own a Che T-shirt too, you uneducated fuck.
>>
>>3098131
>he thinks it isn't the same one
Ok, nice to discuss with you, I'm out
>>
This. This is why /p/ is dead, its full of autists who go off on outrageous tangents of rage instead of actually sticking to the thread.
>>
>>3098356
this is every thread on 4chan ever
>>
>>3098131
>us forcibly controls oil exporting from the middle east to the west since the 1960's
>middle east strike back 40 years later
>middle east definitely started this war, right?

Americans are fucking hilariously educated.
>>
>>3098601
Neither the Amewritwats or the Britbuggers know anything about their recent history beyond 3 minute soundbites from corporate channels.

They are shit scared of a three hour documentary. One that strings together the events of the last 40 years and shines a light on some of the reasons behind how and why we got where we are today.

But they can sit for hours watching junk Hollywood shit because that wont puncture the seal on their factory packed bias.
>>
>>3088485
Gearfags everywhere...

It is nice to see people who love their gear and praise what it enables them to do, how it makes their photography easier and more appreciable for themselves.

But its pure cancer to see people criticizing you for using a phony, fooji, canikon, pentacks or whatever... go buy a phase one or alpa with digital back you fap to spec sheets.
>>
>>3090675
Underrated post.
>>
File: 1356984289456.jpg (591KB, 2046x1369px) Image search: [Google]
1356984289456.jpg
591KB, 2046x1369px
because nobody posts photo threads, for two reasons.

first reason is post timers and captchas. i remember a time before them, posting a photo thread was easy and fun. post dozens of photos with a couple clicks of your mouse in a few minutes. with things like imgur, flickr, and literally every other photo sharing site offering the ability to literally click and drag hundreds of photos onto a site at once and post them instantly, coming here and trying to post more than 4 or 5 pictures makes you want to pull your hair out. it's absurd. i cant believe a photo site is doing this in 2017.

reason number two is because when people do post photos, people dont respond to them. and if they do it's only to berate them. doesnt take long for people to realize their time is better spent literally anywhere else.

everything else, like the trip drama youre all arguing about, has always been here. it's a staple of every board on this website and always has been. the only reason they trip is because they want attention. without you giving it to them they would not exist. you create them and fuel their very existence. so stop complaining, because you obviously enjoy it.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5.1 Windows
Image Width2046
Image Height1369
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2013:11:21 00:21:22
Image Width2046
Image Height1369
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.