[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoPro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Karma.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Karma.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
Is there any reason I shouldn't get 1?
>>
You can build a drone that does all the same stuff, better, for less money.
>>
Global Rules

11. Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

You are welcome
Now fuck off
>>
>>2933387
Nice bait.
>>2933386
For the average person I doubt that. Also with all the GPS built in? I doubt that...
>>
File: xiaomi_drone.jpg (68KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi_drone.jpg
68KB, 1000x1000px
>>2933386
You can also get pre-made better drones.

Both the easily maintainable ones that are set up like a DiY drone (but just pre-manufactured for you), and the complete ones like pic related.
>>
>>2933391
Id prefer to buy it all made up myself but if its simple to build I wouldn't mind doing that myself. If it saves a lot of money.

This will be my 1st drone, always wanted 1. Ive sene others on the market but been a lil hesitant to purchase 1. As always i will get the customer review before biting the bullet. It could be shit.

GoPro aren't going to sell its bad points. Thats for the customers to find out.
>>
File: ublox_drone_gps_module.jpg (25KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
ublox_drone_gps_module.jpg
25KB, 600x600px
>>2933389
>Also with all the GPS built in? I doubt that...
If you build a drone from parts, a rather high-end uBlox GPS/Glonass/BaiDu etc. module (adequate for 100km/h+ racing drones, not just camera drones) is like $35. So yea, easy.

I'd be hoping that the GoPro also uses something like that, but I'm not even sure about that, they might have used used something ~half the price. We will see once teardowns are out...

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera Softwarewww.meitu.com
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2933396
> Id prefer to buy it all made up myself but if its simple to build I wouldn't mind doing that myself.
It's relatively simple because parts and software are pretty damn good now.

But you still need to spend time with a tutorial, and usually you solder 4-40 not too tiny contacts. It's not really an electronics nerds only project, it IS quite simple.

That said, you could also get one of the drones that is a decent approximation of what you'd build, and just mod out a few parts to get a feel for it. It's not like that costs you much extra...
>>
File: preassembled.jpg (64KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
preassembled.jpg
64KB, 900x900px
>>2933400
Woops, forgot pic related for a pre-assembled drone that has a setup like a hobby racer drone would have, with typical parts and all.
>>
>>2933397
Ah, sorry the point I meant was the cable, orbit and reveal features. Also the "return to home" is that easily programmable for your average Joe?

>I am interested
>>
>>2933401
Wow nice
>>
>>2933402
>Also the "return to home" is that easily programmable for your average Joe?
Ya. Just make sure your flight controller has the feature, you added an actual GPS receiver, and your RC supports it, then it's basically taken care of.

RC and flight controllers both have increasingly powerful, configurable, and often open sauce software... so you can usually automatically trigger return to takeoff position or return to pre-programmed position as you loose contact with your RC or when you flip a switch or when the battery gets low as compared to the distance that you flew from the lift-off position and all that stuff.

Basically, tons and tons of features are available for hobby quadcopters.
>>
>>2933410
Ok I'm going go to start looking into it.

Genuine thanks! I thought this thread would get a lot of hate. Glad some good came out of it.
>>
>>2933389
Dude, every feature, done better, for HALF the price. Including a better GPS module. This is like buying an Alienware desktop, or a Canon rebel. Just don't.
>>
>>2933417
No problem. BTW, here are examples how you add parts to a Naze32 flight controller:

Camera gimbal:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py_RLdZwAlc

Various stuff like GPS, programmable LED:
http://www.dronetrest.com/t/naze-32-revision-6-flight-controller-guide/1605

Should give you an idea how the central computerized stuff usually works.

After that, the RC setup (if you need any) is usually trivial, just bind stuff to a switch / button or whatever.
>>
>>2933417
>>>/diy/ usually has a good thread on rc stuff with a ton of info.
>>
>>2933429
>>2933431
Thanks guys.
>>
>>2933385
No one would ever buy one now that the DJI Mavic Pro is coming out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YJ8WhQzaSM

Go Pro was owned badly.
>>
>>2935142
lmao it didn't take long for GoPro to get bent over and fucked in the ass
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.