[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to start living simpler.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

I'd like to start living simpler, in a smaller house in the middle of nature. I've been thinking about this for years and i'm TIRED of my job.

I'm slowly working towards it, getting rid of a lot of things. Buying things with multiple uses...ect

The main thing keeping me from leaving right now, is the income. How do I make money? i'm a lab scientist, so i'm a bit nervous getting a very labor intensive job....
I'm not wanting to live 100% off the grid, but I'd like to live about 45min to an hour from the nearest town. Where do I start? Any advise on how people live like that and make income? Any advise will help, thanks!
>>
I have a degree in geology. So maybe i can take to the land and find minerals and resell them? But that is really all i think i could do....
>>
File: OmegaBridge.jpg (217KB, 818x521px) Image search: [Google]
OmegaBridge.jpg
217KB, 818x521px
>>994113
What kind of science?
I live in Los Alamos.
Everyone here is a scientist.
The town is about as /out/ friendly as it gets and within 45 min in almost any direction is really cool stuff.Everything from high desert to dense forest.
The pay is great and the cost of living is low.
>>
>>994125
If you live somewhere with gravel you could turn the land into a big gravel pit and live there. It would end up more like a construction site than a nature area for a decade but once the pit fills up and the trees and grass start to grow back you're left with a beautiful private lake.

But you need a lot of money to do this obviously.
>>
>>994129
Tiny house living is absolutely /out/
Not even a question
>>
>>994129
Have you read the mod post?
>>Outdoor building and living
>>>Outdoor survival, bushcraft, foraging, self-sustenance in nature
>>Most topics related to the outdoors are fine. Write properly, behave politely, encourage a respectful community,
>>
>>994126
As i said, i'm a geologist...but currently i'm working in a lab as a chemist. My degree is supposed to be outdoors and i'm hating the inside life...i'm going insane.

All my vacation time is spent heading outdoors to the middle of nowhere.

I'm looking for a woods and/or mountain area. I don't care for the swamps like i'm currently living, the desert isn't great either.

That sounds great though, i'm going to look into the town.
>>
>>994151
>i'm going to look into the town.
Highest concentration of PHDs on planet earth.
Some labs butt up against forest. You can literally eat your lunch in the woods every day.
>>
>>994140
>>994147
>living indoors is /out/ because the house is outside
>my job sucks
>how do i make money?
>i kinda sorta want to live off the grid but not really
>where do i start?
>how make income
>advise please

That's the OP in a nutshell there's literally nothing about living outside or doing bushcraft.
>>
>>994166
>behave politely, encourage a respectful community,
>>
>>994113
You are on the right track anon. Keep working on it and save every penny.
Learn about gardening and animal husbandry.
Pick up some hunting skills and there are many places on earth you could live very simply
>>
>>994174
I said "please".
>>
>>994205
government job involving geology
-any position that gives/certifies mining/water/well/power/human sanitation/habitat/roads/etc
-tax collector
-private nature preserve/with required for profit park/drive through area/special events
-mining is VERY CYCLICAL, market prices regularly go up and down every decade or so, more nest egg that can be used when prices improve/SEE CANADA
-tree farmer(very saturated market/have to find/develop/get buyers)
-plant nursery if in high enough social area/circles
-horse/chicken/goat/etc breeder
-meat/butchers for deer/cow/etc if no one around for 100+ miles/get certified
-medical/dental
>>
>>994338
OP is a lab scientist. Labs are not /out/.
>>
>>994340
It belongs in >>>/diy/ They have this exact thread like 4 times a month.
>>
>>994129
>>994342
>>994341
>>994205
>>994166
>>994164

why do you have such a hardon for this thread?
did an tiny house rape your mom?
>>
>>994164
hide the thread you fat fuck or go back to lelddit and go on a downvote frenzie
>>
>>994338
>-tree farmer(very saturated market/have to find/develop/get buyers)
>-plant nursery if in high enough social area/circles

this seems like a great idea, thank you
>>
>>994490
dont discount breeding/sperm/egg preservation services, some steer/cow/horses are worth mucho bucks just for their laboratory level handled breeding.
>>
>>994665
I wonder how much the ayys are making off of doing that to us? Also, I'm not OP, but I don't think I would move to the woods if it meant I would have to be jerking off livestock every day.
>>
>>994737
horse/cow onaholes basically, also look at videos of farmers relatives sticking their arms up animals asses for the farmers amusement
>>
>>994737
It pays over 50 bucks per load and the semen is only in your mouth for a couple seconds
>>
I think you are on the right track. Living small and saving money is the first step.

Next is to get a good handle on your yearly expenses. In your new lifestyle, figure out how much you expect to spend. Next, multiply that by about 20-25x. This amount, when invested properly, is your financial freedom number and you can likely live off of this nest egg indefinitely.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.