[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/ redpill me on shore fishing, is it worth? I have zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: beach-fishing1.jpg (57KB, 980x400px) Image search: [Google]
beach-fishing1.jpg
57KB, 980x400px
Hey /out/ redpill me on shore fishing, is it worth? I have zero experience or knowledge in fishing whatsoever but I would like to give it a try.
>>
>>989470

>redpill

Just stay in your containment board.
>>
>>989470
I took it up this year in mexico.
Fucking blast.
Get a huge rod and learn the pendulum cast.
Surf fishing is amazing and the gear is much cheaper than flyfishing.
Way more fun to hook into some crazy big fish as well.
>>
>>989482
>Just stay in your containment board
Sorry to tell you but even though I know you're talking about /pol/ I don't really go there. I only shitpost on /out/ /diy/ and occasionally on /k/.

>>989487
Thanks anon.
>>
>>989470
Redpilled shorefishing = sharkfishing. Catch a few rays, rig them up, throw them out, catch jaws
>>
>>989470
It depends on where you are and the time of year. I live on the gulf coast so sept-nov is redfish run and that is fun fishing. If you want to catch anything just know that your gonna get wet and walk out to the second sandbar to cast. Or get a kayak and just paddle out to deeper water and drop your baits.

You need heavy ass weights that will dig into the sand. Preferably pyramids. This will help your casts and also help to keep your bait from rolling in like all the pretty seashells. As for bait, use fish from a cast net if possible. Fozen from thebait shop last resort. Crabs work pretty well. Take some pvc pipe to put your rods in while you wait. Then get HAMMERED DRUNK this is important.

Bay fishing is more like normal fishing but you get to walk around in the lake.
>>
>>989470
>redpill me on shore fishing
kys
>>
>>989470
Find sea money fishing channel on yt, he has some really good vids on surf casting.
>>
>>989678
>>989701
Ty

>>989679
Why so meanie? :'(
>>
Mexico anon here, I had a blast fishing in the sea of cortez this year but by march , that shit was played out.
Winter is the off season for Baja.
Where can I go next year for winter surf fishing?
The gulf sounds like its all long sandbars and hard to get out to the big fish.
Is this true?
>>
>>989722
not the anon who asked you to kill yourself but
"redpill" is associated with that other board that comes here makes prepper posts, race baits and starts new threads without checking the catalog. those guys are annoying as shit.

not sure what you mean by "is it worth it" if its something you want to do just do it. who gives a shit. personally i like fishing off a boat because i just like boats (more than fishing) but my brother is all about the shore and fly fishing. beginer fishing does not really require much knowledge beyond common sense. but its a hobby that people really get into at the higher levels.

there is a fishing thread that will probably already have answered all your questions ( >>989662 ).
>>
>>989786
The giant reds come in pretty close in the fall. If you have a 10 foot pole and a fuckhuge weight you can cast it without getting wet. But if you aren't a pussy you just wade out to where the surf is breaking and cast from there. Surf fishing is mostly waiting around and getting HAMMERED DRUNK.

If trump doesn't ban you drug dealing rapists yea head on up. I am around houston so i fish either side of galveston. But padre is much closer drive.

Also the bays around corpus christi are wonderful in the winter and crystal clear. You can sightfish flounder walking around in knee deep water.
>>
>>989903
Thanks for the info anon.
I am american but spent the winter in mexico surf fishing.
What is febuary march april like fishingwise for you guys?
One nice thing about mexico is you never know what the hell you will catch.
So much diversity.
>>
>>989470
I was always affraid of wtf i would catch. Soent 2 days n florida trying to catch a clear sea gar looking thing. Great aunt said they are baybe barracuda and those mutherfuckers will come out of water to fuck u up. Im done. Ocean keeo your critters and fuckoff
>>
>>989504
Hey /diybro
>>
>>989678
Lol. Nice
>>
>>989907
February is peak flounder season. March and april is kinda weak i would try the bays. The bay side is almost always preductive.

Texas has barrier islands all along its shore. The biggest sandbar pretty much. On the non gulf side of these islands are the bays. Most of them you can walk across without getting your hair wet if it werent for the 15 ft deep intercoastal water way. This is where the fish go to spawn, and the younger fish grow up.

Lagunas madre is the bay side of padre island and is a world renowned fishing spot. But all the bays are pretty great year round since alot of fish spend there first 2 years here. Like both types of drum and spotted trout. Which are great fighting fish and stalkable in reeds.

I enjoy surf fishing and yea hey even in the summer you may catch something. Maybe even a shark. But in its essence surf fishing is like catfishing. You throw out your bait and wait. The real fun is on the other side of the island.
>>
>>989482
This
I heard a guy in the store the other day saying he was going to redpill someone on politics.
All I could do is shake my head and walk away.

That word is almost as bad as saying "based".
Almost...
>>
>>989984
Why do liberals beleive that judging someone based on their view of existence as a whole is wrong, but judging someone based on a popular word they used is ok?

>racism is wronng thats why black homosexual eskimos get preference

Lol captcha: helicopters. Not even joking.
>>
>>990009
its not a popular word and its the equivalent of virtue signaling.
>>
>>990107
I would bet if you parsed a billion random internet conversations the phrase "red pill" would appear more than "virtue signalling"

But i am super glad you are on the forefront of who to hate correctly.

Lol captcha: find the helicopters. Not even joking.
>>
>>990111
first off
>checked.

2nd:
i didnt mean the word "virtue signaling" i mean that using the word redpilled is virtue signalling.

3rd: i never said i hated anyone. my only two posts in this thread are >>990107 and >>989840
>>
>>990130
I'm the guy he was orginally quoting.

>1
I'm not a liberal. I'm not anything

>2
I never said I hated anything. I just said I heard someone say redpill irl and I shook my head and walked away. I have no idea what he's talking about.

>3
Why the hell is he so obsessed with telling us what the captcha is?

>4
I think he might be a liberal who doesn't like the fact that he's liberal, so he hides it by hating on people he thinks might be liberal.
>>
>>990141
i'm just surprised he has words for his captcha. ive had images for a while.

captcha: picking out which pictures are of gas stations.
>>
>>990130
You used the word virtue signaling but you dont mean virtue signaling even thoughbyour post means nothing and younjust use meme words?

I am sure your type just wants to go along. But when you pretend you actually go outside it triggers people. Not me, i think it's funny. But anyways you are an obvious faggot.
>>
>>990156
i am sorry but have no fucking idea what you are trying to say. can you break it down for me.
>>
>>989482
>>989679
>REEE QUIT USING 4CHAN SLANG ON 4CHAN
>>
File: kanye-west-gay-fish-2.jpg (8KB, 229x292px) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-gay-fish-2.jpg
8KB, 229x292px
Guys I know this is a longshot , but is there any way that we could steer this conversation back to surf casting?
>>
>>990191
Ey boi northeast surfcaster here
>>
>>990255
>>990255
What do you catch the most?
Is there good fishing where you are?
Could you feed a family pretty consistently
>>
>>989907
any pics?
>>
>>989984
>he doesnt autistically screach BACK TO POL FAGGOT and tape it for a gif for us. Tisk tisk
>>
>>989470
SoCal surf fishing here
Shit ton of fun as long as you dont get sick of catching perch
>>
>>990009
HAHAHAHA
>>
>>990111
Logging off useless pass to join in helicopter rides
>>
>>990191
Hahahahahaaaaaa. Compketly forgot about that. My gosh
>>
>>990326
Are they big enough to keep?
>>
>>990262
Varies on the season everyone wants to catch a striper.
Yeah i guess
Oh god no
>>
>>989984
>Based
>bad
Fake based people who aren't fans of Lil B but say Based can fuck off, , but you can fuck off if you think based is bad.
>>
File: 1491888761489.jpg (52KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491888761489.jpg
52KB, 450x450px
>>990430
It's pretty retarded but whatever floats your boat, Skippy.
>>
very worth it, easy to learn, and all you need is some lead, some circle hooks, and some squid or shrimp
>>
>>990111

I came to lurk a shore fishing thread, but now I'm fishing for HELICOPTERS!
>>
File: IMG_6833.jpg (157KB, 792x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6833.jpg
157KB, 792x960px
This thread
>>
File: tmp_29041-xt5l3br3gqax305456262.png (510KB, 1493x1567px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29041-xt5l3br3gqax305456262.png
510KB, 1493x1567px
>>
>>990466
>>
Another mexican anon here.

I already have a 3 meter rod, but no reel. What budget reel can i use? And with what line? And the more important. I dont have a net, what can i use as a bait?
>>
>>990599
What part of mexico are you in?
I did not use much bait when I was down there this winter. Mostly sierra killers and other surface irons.
When I did go for bait it was camarones or almeja
As for reel I got a cheap one in cabo san lucas that did just fine.
>>
>>990609
Thanks for the answer anon. I live in central México.
Can you put a pic of that surface irons?
Also, fresh or canned camarones and almejas?
>>
File: download.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
>>990641
Fresh shrimp heads I got from the fishermen worked the best. I used frozen chocolate clams and also clams that I dug myself.
The best surface iron was called a sierra killer.
Basically a huge Kastmaster.
>>
>>990500
Why the hate?
>>
>>990153
You can use browser scripts like 4chanX to bring back the old captcha.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.