[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing - tips and tricks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_2845.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2845.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Got an unusual technique? A tip? A trick? A useful tidbit? Share dat advice son.

The aim of this thread is less fishing general, which is a frequently off topic discussion of fishing, and more of an info thread. This thread should read like an infographic of fishing tips.

Picture related. When spinning, it can be good to take a small imitation Toby spoon and remove the treble. This can be tied inline about 1-2 feet above the main spinner. Not only does this add extra movement to the point spinner, it also gives the impression of a small school of baitfish.
Fish will always strike at the rear spinner which will be the one with the hook.
I always use cheap imitation Toby spoons for this method in order to minimise cost, as the main spinner will usually be a real brand. In the event of a snag or line breaking, you don't want to lose an expensive real Toby lure in addition to your point lure. Imitations like this can be found on eBay and are so cheap they add almost nothing to the cost of your rig, but add plenty of attraction.
>>
>>989324
Back to the fishing general you go
>>
Palomar knot. Enough said.
>>
>>989332
Elaborate I only use blood knots for everything
>>
File: palomar_knot2.jpg (58KB, 728x584px) Image search: [Google]
palomar_knot2.jpg
58KB, 728x584px
>>989337
Palomar knots are easy to tie, impossible to untie/get tighter the harder they're pulled on, and are incredibly versatile.
>>
File: IMG_2848.jpg (229KB, 750x1014px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2848.jpg
229KB, 750x1014px
>>989338
See that's some nice, on topic high quality posting.

>>989329
Whilst the fishing general is full of gems such as pic related. So, y'know, fuck you.

Back on topic, trout go absolutely apeshit for mackerel. Cut a little chunk on a size 6 hook, and watch it outfish every variation of powerbait, fly or spinner.
>>
>>989324
Fish will not always strike the rear spoon in that setup. You just wont know it until you leave the treble on.

When i fish with spoons, ill tie on a fly 50-100cm in front of it, and very often, its the fly it takes. Just as some fly fishermen use 2 flies on their leader. One fly to get the attention of the fish and one lifelike imitation that the fish will then spot and strike.
>>
File: IMG_0682.jpg (457KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0682.jpg
457KB, 1205x1901px
>>989341
Damn, that's a good poast right there!
>>
File: 1485295717725.jpg (95KB, 575x319px) Image search: [Google]
1485295717725.jpg
95KB, 575x319px
>>989324
Also there's a whole imgur for all of the charts you have seen a million times.

Enjoy!
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N
>>987098
>>
If you see a crocodile don't try to jam your thumb up it's butthole leave that to the professionals.
>>
>>990816
If you see an alligator, try not to snag it with the Mepps you borrowed from Pepsi
>thanks Jeep anon
>>
>>990817
Mepps is a fine spinner. I prefer blue fox because they're cheaper, but in general inline spinners are all I ever use.
>>
>>989324

Ultralight dropshotting will catch fish under any condition.

>but ultralight gear can't catch big fish

If you own a higher end spinning reel (Shimano stradic or above) the drag systems are excellent and can handle big fish.

I've caught an 18lb carp on 4lb fluoro with ultralight gear, it can be done.
>>
>>991292
That's very true. I've landed a pike of almost 27lb using 12lb line, a bison convertible fly spin rod (very light spinning rod as it doubles as a fly rod when the handle is turned around) paired with a size 2500 shimano hyperloop reel. I had the drag set as tight as I dared once I felt it was something big, and had to play the fish for 45 minutes, but I managed it. For the first half hour it ran as much as it wanted, I reeled as much as I could but it was stripping line right off. I could feel it starting to tire then. Had to tighten the drag and pump it towards the boat, then when it saw me and got another burst of energy I had to loosen the drag more because it went under he boat and my rod bent right round. Without loosening the drag the rod would have snapped, but I took the pressure off it in the nick of time. Eventually hauled it into the boat but bent the handle of my net in the process.
>>
Look for birds feeding on surface fry, they're being driven to the surface by big fish below.
>>
>>990817

now you have a nemesis gator lile chubbs from haopy gilmore
>>
>>991892
If you cut off Chubs' hand and fed it to the gator, he would probably be more pissed at you than the gator.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170413-184140.png (422KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170413-184140.png
422KB, 1080x1920px
>>991900

was this the damn lure?
>>
>>991900
Chubs will literally tear one of your bastard eyes out. He's got pretty sweet skills, it's all in the hips.
>>
>>991902
Lel I think it was. Buy one for yourself, it was a snek killer. I have enough Mepps already, I will survive.
>$8.40
Too much

I would never let anybody use a lure I didn't halfway expect to lose. Plus you snagged it on a fucking gator, the story is worth the $7 I lost.
>>
What's the quickest and most painless way to kill a fish?

I was thinking about battoning the head off.
>>
File: IMG_0723.jpg (5MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0723.jpg
5MB, 4032x3024px
>>995352
Slicing the gills bleeds em out quick but smashing their dome in with anything will knock them out real fast.
>>
>>995360
That kind of grass seems familiar. Where did you take that pic?
>>
>>995352

If it's a dogfish, don't even try. Those fuckers are immortal.
>>
>>989324
unusual technique

>be me, goin fishing
>after a short time running out of worms
>see snake with a frog in it´s mouth
>frogs are good bass bait
>knowing the snake couldn´t bite me with the frog in his mouth
>grab snek, take frog and put it in bait bucket
>realize cant release snek without getting bit
>grab bottle of jack daniels and pour a little bit in it´s mouth
>it´s eyes rolling and went limb
>release snake into lake
>carried on fishing using that frog
>after a while felt a nudge on my foot
>was that damn snake....with two more frogs.....
>>
File: IMG_6837.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6837.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>995365
South Florida. That thick ass grass with sandy soil.
>>
File: chuckle.gif (992KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
992KB, 250x250px
>>996996
Well done, anon.
>>
>>995352
Look up "ike jime"
>>
I'm going fishing for the first time tomorrow here https://www.azgfd.gov/h_f/MittryLake.htm

Any tips?
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.