[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I want to grow something, and sell it locally >I decide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: nvj349Juu11ueiaxzo1_500.jpg (45KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nvj349Juu11ueiaxzo1_500.jpg
45KB, 500x500px
>I want to grow something, and sell it locally
>I decide on chicken
>I read in the local grocery flyer that 1kg of blackberries sells more than 1kg of whole chicken

So should I just grow blackberries then? Or is my entire logic retarded?
>>
>>987749
capital investment will be way higher on blackberries, and they might not even produce in the first year.

look into duck eggs. ducks are easier to take care of than chickens, easier to get set up, and sell for significantly higher prices and draw more attention
>>
File: 1+the+blackberry+patch.jpg (520KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1+the+blackberry+patch.jpg
520KB, 1600x1067px
don't blackbreeze grow practically like weeds? you get a small patch going and pretty soon your entire yard is a festering thicket of prickers, thorns, and brambles with deeper roots than the Rockerfellers. you just have to cover that shit with bird netting and you should be good to go.

fuck keeping animals, little high maintenance shits.
>>
>>987772
whos going to want to eat his nasty ditch berries
>>
>>987773
everybody likes berries anon
>>
>>987759
>capital investment will be way higher on blackberries

Literally how? Chickens need fencing, housing, feed... Berries just need a lattice.
>>
>>987775
go throw some seeds out in the clay and see how that works.

fruit isnt fucking magic. you have amend the soil, protect from the elements, heat/cold as you get them started, and monitor nutrients.
>>
>>987749
Anon you don't understand. You aren't selling one 1kg of chicken. You are selling a lovingly raised hormone and antibiotic free organic grassfeed free range poultry. You can't compete with real corporate farms prices however you can out buzzword the living fuck out of them, and actually produce a better product.
>>
>>987792
>grass fed chicken
>>
File: StonedChicken.jpg (31KB, 305x400px) Image search: [Google]
StonedChicken.jpg
31KB, 305x400px
>>987820
>>
buy chinese mint on aliexpress and sell it, sells pretty great
>>
>>987749
see
>>987696
and
>>>/biz/
>>
>>987786
Yeah, plants don't grow in the wild, you have to create a special environment for them or they'll die.
>>
>>987749
Blackberries are seasonal. Eggs are basically all year, even though they slow in the Winter. There is always demand for farm-raised eggs.
>>
>>987772
>>987773
Rubus are also a LOT more labor-intensive than eggs. Eggs you just pick up and carton. Berries take forever to pick, then you have to package them, while trying to make sure they don't get smashed all while being exposed to the elements - rain, sun, wind, etc.
>>
>>988197
wild plants are hardier but don't taste very good
>>
>>988334
You're actually on crack or retarded.
>>
>>987749
Why not do blackberries, eggs, AND chicken?

Fertilize the blackberries with what your chickens crap out. Organic marketing buzzwords all around!
>>
>>988235
Also keep in mind that chickens are pretty easy to take care of and plants of any kind usually aren't. A single big, fat hen is easier to raise and sell than a whole kilo of berries, assuming you have the space for a decent sized flock, although chickens still probably require less room overall than a bunch of blackberry plants.
>>
>>988521
This guy gets it.

But OP, this thread is full of golden opinions. Cultivating any life is a job, and trying to get it market-ready is a whole other job.
>>
File: Z.O.C..jpg (90KB, 858x536px) Image search: [Google]
Z.O.C..jpg
90KB, 858x536px
It's just all lies coming from the vermin mouths of JEWS who control the market of chickens, dont believe it, friend ! grow the chicken, fight the zionist occupied coops
>>
Guys, why can't op do both?

Monoculture means only one revenue stream
>>
Egg to roaster takes18 weeks.
Stagger age groups for maximum cash flow, disease prevention, management efficiency. Eat eggs and chicken.
Blackberries crop annually. You'll starved before first harvest.
>>
>>987772
>dad buys land
>brush hogs 30 acres of blackberries
>every year fight blackberies and lose.
Been a fun time watching the battle. As a kid there was a patch we would back out truck into. Fucking buckets of berries. I heard they make thornless plants now?
>>
>>987824
L

O

L
>>
>>988177
Dont visit that shit scam bored with like 3 actual biz
>>
>>987749
>>So should I just grow blackberries then?
>growing an invasive species
Don't be a faggot.
>>
>>988197
come to britain, fuckface.

Blackberries grow like weeds here. Most hedgerows in the countryside are made of blackberries

>It's fucking wonderful for jam making
>>
File: IMG_1680.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1680.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>987749
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.