[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are these a meme or legit? does anyone have experience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: aaa.jpg (33KB, 469x581px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
33KB, 469x581px
are these a meme or legit?
does anyone have experience?
>>
-cringe-
>>
>>987654
What are they made of? Pic quality aint too good
>>
>>987668
>469x581
>Pic quality aint too good
maybe your eyes quality aint too good LOL
>>
>>987668
Valenkis are wool felt. Apparently you wear them with galoshes, rubber overshoes.
>>
Why does /out/ ask about such awful gear?
>>
File: img-thing_out.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing_out.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>987654
>are these a meme or legit?
anon those are neither
>>
>>987747
Son of whore. Пoдoнoк. Valenki is excellent footwear for wrestle bear and beat sweaty men with branch in sauna. Capitalist pigs will never understand joy of extra big felt sock as boot.
здpaвcтвoвaть пyтин!
>>
I heard these are pretty good. Someone even told me that you could wear them by themselves and they would hold up well and they insulate your feet nicely. I definitely recommend them, you won't regret it OP.
>>
>>987747
Don't you get it? He wants to go beyond /out/'s normal conception of an all wool outfit.
>>
>>987670
>LOL
kill yourself
>>
>>987789
>>>/pol/
>>
>>987661
I've been seeing more and more idiots posting just "cringe"

>>987747
lmao you're an idiot

>>987654
OP if you live in the north and walk around in snow, Valenkis are obviously going to keep you very warm. If the snow is more wet and sludgy get a pair of galoshes. Depending on the type of valences you get you'd be able to wear just the then the snow is nice and frozen.

Valenki are a situational shoe, so if you are in a situation which calls for valenkis then they are a great piece of gear anon.
>>
Muck
Boots
>>
>>987890
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>987771
This t finn
>>
File: Nokian Kaira.jpg (65KB, 740x431px) Image search: [Google]
Nokian Kaira.jpg
65KB, 740x431px
>>987654
>felt boots

They used to be common everywhere in the Arctic back in the day but they're now only worn by children, poor people and Slavs. May stay dry in dry snow but will be soaking wet in wet snow. No traction to speak of because they don't typically have soles. About as ergonomic as wearing mittens over your feet.

Civilized people use leather, Gore-Tex or rubber boots with felt liners. Pic related is the civilian version of what the Finnish Defence Forces use.
>>
>>987654
I've got a pair that I got from Sportsman's Guide a long time ago. They have the rubber part molded over the wool already. They're great for shoveling snow and standing around when it's cold outside. I'd rather have decent waterproof boots and gaiters for doing any kind of hiking in the snow. They're also not great if youre in slush or melting snow. Real boots would be better.
>>
>>988313
They are boot liners, you mouthbreather. They aren't meant to be worn alone.
>>
>>988346

Valenki are not boot liners but boots. They can be combined with rubber galoshes, though.

If you are referring to the pic I posted then yes, those are liners. That was my whole point... I guess English isn't your first language, Vasya. :^)
>>
File: 1721_valenki.jpg (82KB, 683x500px) Image search: [Google]
1721_valenki.jpg
82KB, 683x500px
>>988346
Shit nigger, better tell them they're doing it wrong.
>>
>meme or legit?
It's legit. They're just horrible and it was used because that was available.
There's a reason why red soldiers stole all the boots of the dead Axis soldiers. Also the POW's. Also the executed POW's.
The thing is that vatniks tend to convince themselves the shit they have to eat taste good and the best shit in the world and they don't want anything other to eat. This makes their life bearable. And vodka.
And now they got access to internet and they tell everybody how shit is delicious and the naive fall to this lie.
>>
>>989571
>There's a reason why red soldiers stole all the boots of the dead Axis soldiers. Also the POW's. Also the executed POW's.
That's literally the exact opposite of what happened. German jackboots are hobnailed, which conducts the heat right down into the ground. Valenki were prized by the germans. (Yeah, properly constructed leather or rubber boots with felt liners are better, that's been said already.)
>>
>>989571
>>989610
True or not doesn't it beg the question: horrible FOR WHAT?
I've never handled the things in my life but I'd imagine that they'd be nice for wearing around camp.
>>
>>989611
That nigger didn't provide a single fucking argument. He put forth a claim, provided a totally and utterly wrong explanation, then rambled about vatniks and shit.

As for the problems with valenki:
>May stay dry in dry snow but will be soaking wet in wet snow. No traction to speak of because they don't typically have soles. About as ergonomic as wearing mittens over your feet.

The point is: they keep your feet warm as long as they're dry. That's kind of a big deal in russian winter.
>>
>>989610
>>989611
And here come the naives who out of pride invent their own truth or make up rationalizations supporting their poor choices.
Well at least this what I wanted to say, then it turned out we just have one really butthurt vatnik. >>989625
Not everything is pure gold that churns out Mother Russia's anus you know.

Oh, and:
>>989610
That's not an argument.
>>
>>989666
It's quite literally a historical fact supported by tons of german wartime accounts; heck I guess you could still find a surviving veteran to tell you.
>>
>>987654
Situational, I have had a pair for shoveling snow in January. It's cold and dry, super comfy and the wool makes my feet feel great, the lanolin in the wool helps gets ache out of you feet. I usually just wear them like slippers though.
>>
>>987747
I just ordered a pair for walking around the house in wintertime (I don't really heat it too much), and light outside stuff around the property. Also, I need wool shoes to complete my WoolMan™ outfit.
>>
>>989625
They are wool, while getting them wet is not good, they won't totally fail to insulate. Also, only a fool would wear them as serious boots, think of them as slippers.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.