[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bike advise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_20170405-195129.jpg (158KB, 717x452px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170405-195129.jpg
158KB, 717x452px
So long so try short.. my dog eat my Specialized Pitch 650b 2016 bike seat and now I have to buy a new one, any good advise on a good MTB seat?
>>
>>>/n/
>>
>>985686
Thks!
>>
measure sit bones at bike shop. buy WTB seat that matches sit bone width and type of riding you do.
>>
File: IMG_0317.jpg (742KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0317.jpg
742KB, 1280x960px
I got a nice saddle for like $25 at Walmart. But I ride a KHS 29"er hard tail that someone riding a Specialized would probably not call "good".
>>
>>985677
Seats are as personal as shoes as far as fit goes, and only genetic relatives can give you specific advice. If you liked how it felt, get the same kind. Otherwise this: >>987020

>>985686
/n/ are a bunch of magazine article regurgitating idiots, and mountain biking was an /out/ topic long before you showed up.
>>
>>985686
The only cycling related topics that belonging on /n/ should be commuter oriented questions and topics. By your logic all shoe & boot questions to be on /n/

>Mountain biking is /out/
>BMX is /out/
>Bicycle touring is /out/
>Road biking. While super gay is most certainly /out/
>>
>>985677
>>987020
Good advice. WTB saddles have always worked for me
I've liked the WTB Pure V and the Volt.
>>
I have like three bikes in "okay" condition? What's the best plan for them? Send then to the junk yard or try to sell them in the current condition in case anyone wants to fix it up and ride them on their own? They're nice bike brands: Schwinn
I don't want them to keep collecting rust outside and don't have a large house to put them inside. Lmk guys
>>
>>987130
>Pitch
>"Good"
Just because they also make S-Works, doesn't magically bless each product line. You and OP both should look into upgrading your fork, it will make a huge difference and really wake the bike up. Go Fox if you can afford it, although RockShox has a few decent forks for the money on their higher end too. Also, clipless pedals will give you 30% more power off the bat, as well as making you feel plugged in to the bike. Happy trails!
>>
>>988164
Old Schwinn or new? They were decent quality up until the 70's or so, but have a bunch of proprietary parts. In that case dump them on CL for a few bucks, just don't expect much. If they are the newer Walmart Schwinns, then get a truck and dump them in front of the local homeless shelter, they are not worth shit. This way they will either give somebody a second chance to get to a job and off the street, or increase their heroin scoring range and so they can overdose and get off the street.
>>
>>988188
Good plan! Thanks
>>
>>987848
did /n/ chase you away?
>>988118
>going to the store is /out/
>leaving your apartment is /out/

There are currently 28 bike threads up on /n/, and only this misplaced thread here
>>
>>988192
You are the definition of faggot.
>>
>>988188
I may be misremembering because I was drunk most of the time back then, but I think there was a time in the '90s when Schwinn actually made some pretty good bikes. Then the brand rights got sold.
>>
Sup guys, didnt want to start a new thread so hope OP is cool with me asking my own question,,

I was thinking of picking up a second hand bike to do some bike packing with. I was looking at single speed hardtails. Probably 26'' as they're cheaper and lighter.

Are all bikes compatible with panniers?

When looking at a second hand bike what features/faults should I be looking for?

I'm in the UK btw
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (521KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
521KB, 1600x1200px
>>992381
Found a Rocky Mountain Elevation for a hundred quid. Yes it's a 13 year old bike but as long as the original quality was good, I'm good, right? right guys?
>>
>>992394
Unless the original owner rode it into a wall or something yes, you should be good.
>>
>>985677
I have a Brooks B17 n my mountainbike and servves the purpose fully
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.