[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Female backpacking Europe for 2 months, tarp as bivy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 9

File: XD5F4NZ.jpg (127KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
XD5F4NZ.jpg
127KB, 1080x720px
So I'm female, 19, travelled a reasonable amount youth hostel to youth hostel, but never camped illegally/unplanned in another country. I plan on travelling around Europe and the UK this summer staying in youth hostels, but I trying to keep the cost very low.

Should I take a tent/tarp and sleeping bag with me? I am alone, if I miss the last bus out of some random town in rural Croatia, is sleeping in the woods just sealing a rape and murder sentence?

I am Aussie living in England, don't know how safe European countries tend to be. Never had an issue camping alone in national parks in Aus. So the question is should I buy a tent/tarp and sleeping bag in case I need to sleep outside some nights, or just fuck it and make sure I stay in motels/youth hostels.
>>
File: goodluck.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
goodluck.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>
>>985375
You can bring a light tarp that can be used in a pinch, but you'd also need a sleeping bag, and a pad for the ground. Otherwise you're going to be cold.

I wouldn't feel safe in an unknown area camping somewhere very close to people. 99% of the time it would be completely fine, but you don't want some greasy eastern European man getting all grabby on you at 3am in the middle of Romania.

I would plan every night to stay somewhere safe. If you were planning on camoing, you'd really need to have more than just a tarp, and you'd be carrying probably another 5-6 lbs minimum to have a comfortable nights sleep.
>>
>is sleeping in the woods just sealing a rape and murder sentence?
just don't rape and murder while sleeping in the woods and you'll be fine
>>
>female
Post tits then you straya cunt.
>>
>btw I'm a grill XD
>>
>>985381
She's going hostel to hostel so what she'll do is find a Chad in each one and fuck him so all the creepy betas know she is off-limits.
>>
File: 1386788645942.jpg (382KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1386788645942.jpg
382KB, 1024x682px
>roastie whore backpacking in yurope
on a scale of 0 to 10, '0' being "A lot" and '10' being "All", how many STDs do you have?
>>
>>985375
Not even joking, there's a good chance you'd get assaulted
>>
>>985695
/thread
>>
>>985375
You know the rules.
>>
>>985382
>>985695
Implying white men will be the problem in sharia europe
>>
>>985749
...and so do I?
>>
>>985718
on a scale of 0 to 10, '0' being "A lot" and '10' being "All", how many dysfunctions do you have?
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>985375
Tbh i live on an acreage in ukraine and if u were on my land is rape you to be honest

Taste my tatar peepee
>>
You'll probably be safe. Tbh the chances of you getting raeped are probably higher in the hostel.
Everybody loves to focus on the more horrific things that can happen but in Europe these things are relatively rare.
If you're going exploring through random woods in the Balkans I'd be more worried about coming across UXO than a murderous psycho.
>>
As long as you're not in one of the muslim infested parts, you'll probably be fine. If you see more than 10 muslims within a square mile though, you'll probably get raped, and then get stoned for allowing yourself to get raped.
>>
>>985375
For your own sake, stay away from germanistan
>>
File: pol4chan.png (488KB, 1000x1050px) Image search: [Google]
pol4chan.png
488KB, 1000x1050px
>>985840
Fuck off, /pol/.
>>
SWF traveling alone in Eastern Europe. I can see the headline now on Sky news. Seriously, if you do plan on doing this then don't do it alone.
>>
>>985863
>look how tolerant I am! I'll sleep right next to the refugee center to show how harmless these syrian children are!
>>
I don't think it's a good idea. As a guy no problem, but as a girl you're facing a real probability of cultural enrichment to your body if you're here alone at nights.
>>
Are you willing to carry the weight/bulk of a sleeping bag for the occasional time you might need to camp?
Answer that question and you'll have solved your problem.
>>
File: 1486985612172.png (861KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
1486985612172.png
861KB, 750x1334px
>>985906
Kek, god western euros are so pathetic they will be bred out

Your ok though

T. Slav
>>
>>985375
Don't ask 4chan about safety in Europe. I won't bother to read through this thread but surely most of the inbreeds here will tell you that you are going to be raped as soon as you step a foot outside.

If you actually plan on sleeping outside you should of course bring prober sleeping gear with you. A bag suited to expected temperatures, a mat and a tent or tarp. It rains in Europe, so if you aren't used to sleeping out under a tarp I'd say bring a tent.

As for the safety there will always be some concerns for girls camping alone, however I don't think rapists tend to wait around in national parks until someone finally comes along - you're more exposed to those kind of things in the motel, at a bar, in city parks at night or whatever.
Generally crime statistics in the EU - and also in most eastern european countries are very low no matter if you look at murder rates, rape etc. I've only hiked alone and slept in Denmark where I live, but I've otherwise hiked around in groups from 2 to 6 all over Europe and slept in all kinds forests and national parks from Norway, Sweeden, Scotland, Tyrkey, Hungaria and Romania. Never ever have I found myself in a bad situation!

There will be strange people and stinky sheepherds who don't understand a word of English but don't let paranoia keep you from traveling as long as you take normal precautions.
You can always find an ugly story about someone somewhere who was raped and killed but people die everyday in traffic or from sitting on their fat asses all day, not daring to go outside mom's basement.

Have a nice trip.
>>
>>985937
Oh, and on the crime statistics: Do use an actual offical source of information. People on taiwaneese hentai boards like this one tend to get their views from pic related.
>>
>>985939
>Do use an actual offical source of information.
They are rarely reliable or relevant.
What constitutes a violent crime differs by country.
In one country rape may be a violent crime and in another a sexual assault.
Some countries also try to skew statistics by listing only convictions instead of reports and arrests, and others have just stopped keeping statistics on crime altogether.

Violent crime could be something extreme like rape or murder in one country, or something common like mugging which is how it is in the UK.
>>
>>985375
A tent is gonna be heavy, a tarp will leave you sweaty; if you don't get claustrophobic, a real bivvy is the way to go. Also, a bag and ground pad. Stay out of hostels; no sense in paying for a place to sleep when you're already planning on carrying one with you. I'd suggest to take someone with you if rape is a concern, even another female reduces your risk significantly, but if you stay off the road and out of sight the risk of running into someone that'll give you trouble is slim. If you're hitchhiking, text the plate number to a friend EVERY time you get into a vehicle, if nothing else it disincentivises anyone from messing with you.

I use a bivvy/bed roll, all my gear and clothing is green/black/camo, I select my sites after dark, leave at first light, never have fires when it would be visible from a road and I NEVER camp in a town or city. I've never been seen by anyone I didn't want to see me, which makes it a lot harder for trouble to find me.
>>
>>985948
And then there's places like Japan where rape victims rarely report it in the first place, because it's somehow seen as shameful to be a victim in something they had no control over.
>>
>>985375
I would avoid youth hostels in the UK as they are actually quite expensive.

Definitely go hosteling on the continent though. You meet so many people and most of them are really chill. Last summer I went hostelling in Croatia and ended up drinking and cliff jumping in the middle of the night with a bunch of 25 yer old Canadians. Bering in mind I was 17 at the time, I didn't feel any particular danger.

In terms of sleeping rough, I'd reccomend when you're out there to find another girl whos travelling around. So then you can have more fun meeting people and have saftey in numbers. You should also have a 2 man tent for this same reson and there are thousands of cheap campsites you can just rock up to and most of the time they'll have a place for you.

Good luck Ausfemanon and be safe :)
>>
>>985960
Fuck my spelling was bad. I need to type more slowly
>>
>>985960

Just adding to this.
The places you should be worried about tarvelling alone in are Italy and parts of France. In both countries there are loads of immigrants and refugees.
They are quite intimidating, once I was on holiday with my family and we were lucky to find a fairly empty beach someplace in Tuscany.
There was a Somali hawker who could've fucked off to literally anywhere on the beach but decided to sit down next to me and repeat "you buy this" whilst gesturing to some tourist merchandise crap.
You can go other places and they hang around in gangs like in Rome etc.
Keep a lookout.
>>
>>985963
>There was a Somali hawker
Why the fuck haven't you greentexted this? I just got the exact same feeling I got when I came home to the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies, just to find out that my mother already took them all to work for an office party.
>>
>>985375
Europe is 10X safer than Australia for camping. Both in regards to nature and people.
>>
>>985969
Kys
>>
>>985937
>it's perfectly safe to backpack alone in eastern Europe

t. eastern European backpacker rapist
>>
>>985695
Am gay, hope to find stacies in hostel tho
>>
>>985821
Keked rip anon
>>
>>985375
This has probably been said a dozen times already, but I have one piece of advice:

Watch out for sand people.
>>
File: sand ppl.jpg (260KB, 1560x780px) Image search: [Google]
sand ppl.jpg
260KB, 1560x780px
>>986023
>>
>>985375
I would say anywhere in nature is pretty safe in europe. Maybe bring some Mace and a big knife to feel safer. Also set your tent up in at dusk and sleep through the dark. No one will know you were there. It's basic stealth camping.
>>
>39 replies
>no tits
Sad.
Anyway as some have said generally Europe is a safe place, well it at least used to be. Nowadays you can still travel around but have in mind that places near train stations are usually utter shitholes filled with rapefugees.

During the day other than some harassment you will probably be ok, at night you seriously need to look up for yourself. Also traveling into Europe's rural parts you may find some native old euros who can't into English, while they're most likely ok you may come across the usual drunk annoying fuck.

All that being said, just go for it, meet young people and enjoy yourself, just don't be stupid, that applies for everything in life.

Last year I met this 20s female kraut that was traveling alone in my country, Portugal. We were wild camping near a beach and she came talk to us asking if it was a safe place to camp, which of course it was since it's very safe here. She set her tent a couple dozen meters away from us, we went get boozed and baked while she stayed there all night alone in peace, nobody messed with her.

>Tl;dr
Go for it and just be smart.
>>
>>986059
>Sad
Blue board, m8.
>>
In france i'll advise you to sleep in youth hostels because they are beautiful and fairly cheap most of the time but camping in the south/center is safe as long as you aren't near a big city
Also dont ever come close to Marseille or Paris and the suburbs, you are alone, a woman, and doesn't speak French, you have 110% of getting robbed/mugged/raped or scammed by gypsies, arabs, and blacks
If you go to corsica be careful, they are either really nice or batshit insane, sometime both
Have a safe trip but dont forget Tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1429718355552.gif (2MB, 280x287px) Image search: [Google]
1429718355552.gif
2MB, 280x287px
>>986112
>Ausssies can't into bra
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>986112
Tits or GTFO is a global rule though.
>>
>>985695
cringy bro. go lift.
>>
You're gonna die mate
Bring me with you
>>
>>985834
What is USO?
>>
Carry a knife and mace. Be smart and pay attention to your surroundings. As long as you're not sleeping on the street these things will keep you safe 99% of the time
>>
>>986463
Land mines and shit
>>
>>985834

>Relatively rare
Confirmed for talking out of his ass, not know shit.

Fuck outta here kneegrow.
>>
>>986463
UXO
Unexploded ordinance
>>
>>985863
Quit memeing, everyone knows it is an issue.
>>
>female
You will get raped.
Convince a guy friend to go with you and form a bond along the way which will lead to marriage and a steady life on a homestead in a quaint French village.
>>
>>985375
tits or gtfo
>>
File: Rick.jpg (28KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rick.jpg
28KB, 450x360px
>>985758
>>
Just do it. You're safer in the country side. You'll either get raped/mugged/murdered an or you won't. You might get run over. You might not. Who cares. Just do it.
>>
Just watch out for muslim immigrants, its pretty much a problem in every country.
>>
>>985375
go to japan instead
>>
>>985937
>some concerns for girls camping alone, however I don't think rapists tend to wait around in national parks until someone finally comes along - you're more exposed to those kind of things in the motel, at a bar, in city parks at night or whatever.
>Generally crime statistics in the EU - and also in most eastern european countries are very low no matter if you look at murder rates, rape etc. I've only hiked alone and slept in Denmark where I live, but I've otherwise hiked around in groups from 2 to 6 all over Europe and slept in all kinds forests and national parks from Norway, Sweeden, Scotland, Tyrkey, Hungaria and Romania. Never ever have I found myself in a bad situation!
>

Where do you recommend for a French-fag that wants to camp somewhere in Europe for the first time? I've been about in Romania and Scotland before which are both really nice.
>>
>>985375

Regarding wild camping, you can do so in most parts of Scandinavia, Scotland and Switzerland. In all other countries it is sort of a gray line. I have wild camped in Germany, Italy, France and the Netherlands.
The simplest, and safest, is just to ask the farmer if you can camp on his land. It helps if you look like a tourist and not a hobo.
Next best thing is to stealth camp. Get off the road, into the thicks, out of sight and out of earshot from roads, trails and buildings. Move in at dusk, set up your hammock and tarp, make no fire, use only the redlight of your lamp and leave at dawn.
If you get caught, try to be charming, sometimes you can talk your way out of a fine. Leave no trace helps a lot with that.

Can't really help you on the female/safety thing, 6'7" ugly male here.
>>
>>985375
C'mon /out/, we're better than /pol/ and /r9k/. Only ever been to Scotland, but my best piece of advice for safety nation to nation is to read travel advisory websites. They give alot of helpful tips on the does and don'ts of individual countries.
>>
>>995201
>we're better than /pol/ and /r9k/
that's where you're wrong, whiteknight.
>>
>>995203
>Whitenighting by answering questions relevant to the thread, and asking stormfags and losers to STFU.
>whew lad.
>>
>>995206
>stormfags
>acknowledging facts makes you a stormfags
Antifa pls leave, go get your asses kicked again in Berkeley or some shit like that.
>>
>>995209
Cletus please go back to rubbing off into your MAGA rag in the back of your trailer to incel rants and batshit /pol/ hugbox discussions.
>>
>>995226
>Implying that I am an amerilard
Kek.
Nice projection btw, antifaggot.
>>
>>995235
Just implying that you get a little stiffy when you talk to other delusional fags on /pol/
>>
>>995238
>Being this delusional
I couldn't care less about muh /pol/ since I don't spend time there anyway. That being said I don't care for your virtue signaling speech either. But hey keep believing in your multicultural utopia.
>>
>>995242
Don't blame me for getting butthurt when every second thread gets shitted up by "muh immigrant" rhetoric.

I'm telling stormfags to fuck off cause I want stormfags to fuck off. Not because I want a potential femanon to magically come out of the ether and suck my dick for posting relevant content.

That's the operative term you shithead, RELEVANT CONTENT. It's virtually unavoidable when Europe is brought up to not have the tread derail into immigrant hate.
>>
>>995262
>It's virtually unavoidable when Europe is brought up to not have the tread derail into immigrant hate.
>immigrant
They're not that, they're fucking leeches that take advantage of our social system and our compassion, then proceed to fuck things up with crime and their backwards ideology.

Anyway I give you that, it's off topic to /out/ but at same time people simply have to accept when it's mentioned because at same time it's a fucking reality in many western euro countries.

If you hadn't imported millions nobody would bring it up. Just to give it a perspective, during the weekend only more than 6000 rapefugees arrived at Italy alone. Fuck that shit.
>>
>>995272
I'm aware there's a refugee crisis and it's straining a great deal of European countries. But I don't agree they're all Jihadists come to rape and pillage. Any large group of people will have a criminal element.

This crisis is a result of globalization, and greedy foreign policy, of which all westerners are contributors to an extent.

What's happening is inevitable. People aren't going to sit around and be bombed to oblivion, they're going to run away (you or I would too). The absolute worst thing we could do at this point is go full nationalist, isolate the suffering masses and let hatred fester. We'll have a real reason to be afraid then.

The current global climate is eerily similar to the precipices of WW1, and it's scary as fuck.

Look, I'm completely off topic now, happy?
>>
>>995283
Not even you believe what you have just wrote yourself. The ones arriving are mostly young, fighting aged males, and sorry but they're not actual refugees. They are arriving from Pakistan, Iran, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Sudan, Eritrea and so on. Even the ones coming from Syria aren't refugees, otherwise they would not be paying thousands to arrive at Germany or Sweden, they would stay at actual refugee camps in Lebanon or Jordan. They're plain simple economic migrants.

Of course not all are criminals or jihadis but even if only 1% are, it's still a huge threat to Europe.

One thing I agree with you, the occident too is responsible for this problem, we shouldn't have messed with their countries, but I can only talk and vote for my country, it's not my fault that the American military complex and some war mongering keep pushing for "democracy".

I'm off now. Have a good one.

Btw sorry Opie for helping derailing your thread but you deserve it for not have showing us your twins. ;_;
>>
>>985937
tl;dr
>>
>>995307
If you've truly left that's just frustrating because you've denied my chance of rebuttal. Believe me, I have one, goodbye you bastard.
>>
>>995313
Feel free to post, I'll attentively read it, I'll just not reply. I have shitposted enough for today.
>>
I go, folding pad zlite, and cover myself with farmers plastic.

Ill be heading out in may. europe too
>>
>>985375
/out/ist that actually backpacked it through Europe for two months.

Europe is safe don't worry. And if any crime was to befall upon you it'll be a purse snatcher rather than a cultural enriching. You should inform me on your itinerary so I can give you better advice.

I don't know how much of your time is going to be spent in nature or in civilization, but I can tell you that when you are in the cities you'll be fine. You'll likely only be in the tourist zone and when you're not just use common sense, something that being outdoors should have given you plenty of. A lot of people who get in trouble were being stupid. Truth is, unless you're an idiot, you know when you're walking into a bad situation. Listen to your gut, you'll see an alley or street that just screams to you "that's where I'll go if I want to get stabbed." Use your senses.

As per your camping gear: unless you plan on spending considerable time in the woods, you don't need it. It'll be dead weight 95% of the time, and you'll wish you had the space for a souvenir or an extra shirt. I just got back from traveling SEA for three months and I brought all my climbing gear which was an additional 7kg. I only used it 15% of the time, and it took up a nice chunk of my 35L bag that I could of used for other things. All I can recommend is a hammock if you're going in the summer, rope, utensils, condoms (wrap his willy before you get silly).

General Advice
Don't be one of those dorks that take a 75L bag. My rule is 35L to 40L for dudes and 40 to 45L for girls, although I did meet a girl in my travels that carried a 28L, but she was an experienced outdoorsman (I miss munching on that muff of hers). Why more for girls? Lets face it you'll likely want to carry extra clothes and stuff and will want to buy more stuff. Also due to biological differences you need to pack a bra (you only need two I feel, but what do I know?) and more than 3 panties (hand wash em every day and cycle)

Last thing >>>/trv/
>>
>>985375
either way OP i hope you have fun whatever you decide to do
>>
> if I miss the last bus out of some random town in rural Croatia, is sleeping in the woods just sealing a rape and murder sentence?
>Croatia

No, what is gonna happen is you are probably gonna end up with a bunch of people doing the same and get wasted on rakija while singing "bojna cavoglave" with them. In all seriousness, Croatia is my home country. I illegally camped in every part of it, never had any trouble, and always had a great time.

I can promise you that nothing bad will happen to you. Croats are very hospitable people
>>
>>985375
Can say that in Portugal is rare to people to do it and Nacional Parks are heavily guarded so people can't camp in there but besides that is quite easy and safe to camp in Portugal.
>>
>>995721
Tuga?

Also there's only one National Park here, it's GerĂªs, other parks have a different nomenclature. That being said you're right, there's plenty of control and the law specifically forbids wildcamping but if you're hammocking or just sleeping without a sleep system other than your sleeping bag you can get away with it. Also there's plenty of beaches where you can get away with it.
>>
>>995691
>experienced outdoorsman (I miss munching on that muff of hers).

I didn't need this information.
>>
Basically all of the Nordic countries are good for hiking and it's allowed to live off the land and camp pretty much wherever you want to.

As I've never camped outside of the nordic countries I can't comment on other countries, but in Finland/Sweden/Norway you'll be just fine sleeping outside every night, provided you have the right camping gear.
>>
>>985375
>don't know how safe European countries tend to be
definitely gonna get rapped, im not even joking
>>
>>995175
Not him, but Sardinia or, since you're French, Corsica have some nice spots, and are still wild enough in their northern regions to make the hiking interesting. That is, if you don't mind the heat.
>>
>>985375
just watch out for muslims
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.