[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Camino de Santiago

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: camino-map.png (635KB, 1280x901px) Image search: [Google]
camino-map.png
635KB, 1280x901px
Have any of you guys ever done it? Thinking about doing the Camino del Norte or el Francés in March/April, what would you recommend for the views and solitude?
>>
>solitude
>on the camino del santiago
kek. good luck anon.

but here are the numbers of people who walked each camino in 2013
>Camino Frances: 151,761
>Camino Portugues 29,550
>Camino del Norte 13,393
>Via de la Plata 9,016
>Camino Primitivo 6,854
>Camino Ingles 4,404
>Muxia-Finisterre 454
>Other Caminos 444
>https://www.caminodesantiago.me/2013-statistics-for-the-camino-de-santiago/
>>
I would be really interested in doing this but I keep seeing scary news from Europe with the refugee crisis and other stuff. Is it really safe?
>>
>>949168
>kek. good luck anon
tbf you're kinda right but depending on the time of the year you may find few people.

>>Camino Portugues 29,550
>>Muxia-Finisterre 454
I have done both of these, now I'm going to step up my game. Have you ever done it, anon?
The Camino del Norte seems nice because the coast and some cool cities that would be nice to visit but the Francés seems more challenging. The ideal would be something like PCT or Appalachian but at this point it's still not possible for me.
>>
>>949177
>Have you ever done it, anon?
my cousin did it, and based on his experiences i have no interest. i'll stick to my mountains, thanks.
>>
>>949174
Go for it anon. Rapefugees are only a problem in northern Europe desu. You won't find them in Spain, much less in the trails. Also the people that do the Camino are pretty friendly, many oldfags and some weed lmao youngsters. Where are you from?
>>
File: 20170122_165146.jpg (2MB, 1861x1474px) Image search: [Google]
20170122_165146.jpg
2MB, 1861x1474px
OT, but this is on my list, pic related.

I have no doubts about the solitude!
>>
>>949179
>based on his experiences i have no interest
what happened?
>>
>>949184
he reported it was crowded, commercialized, built up, and a lot of it is literally walking on the side of the road.
>>
>>949189
>he reported it was crowded
I only felt that at the end of the day when looking for albergue

>commercialized, built up
Kinda true but that's pretty much everything in society these days

>lot of it is literally walking on the side of the road.
Depending on the part of the camino this is true when approaching cities but you also have lots of dirty and rocky trails.

What camino did he do?
>>
>>949192
>that's pretty much everything in society these days
which is why when i go /out/ i go where there is no society

>What camino did he do?
no idea
>>
>>949195
>which is why when i go /out/ i go where there is no society
Good luck with that in Europe, if you like to hike long distances instead of staying in the same place for many days you will always find civilization and people. I mean you probably can get away with it in Scandinavia but other than that no way jose.
>>
>>949200
>implying i go /out/ in europe
i truly feel sorry for sc/out/s who live in western europe.
>>
File: 1439508685662.jpg (61KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
1439508685662.jpg
61KB, 554x554px
>>949207
>implying i go /out/ in europe
Well that was the place in question, hence why I said there weren't many options. If you live, or have the means to /out/ing in other continents then you're a lucky fella.

>i truly feel sorry for sc/out/s who live in western europe.
Me too. At least I'm not in landlocked country and since ocean it's my favorite /out/ location not everything is bad.
>>
>>949174
>>949179
Be a little more sceptical about sensationalistic news. I live in northern europe and even with the problems that are being reported, it's still one of THE safest places in the entire world. The world is a big place and shocking news gets more exposure than boring "all is well" news so it's easy to think that everything is falling apart even though the world is - statistically - getting safer and safer.
>>
>>949200
>>949207
Northern Scandinavia and Eastern EU are the best bets for /out/ solitude I think.
I find that many western europeans like myself are sceptical about going east but having hiked in both Poland, Hungary and Romania I can only recommend it. Prices are dirt cheap, there are plenty of forests and unspoiled areas and the language barrier will only make for a more adventurous feel on your trip.
>>
>>949834
>Poland Hungary and Romania
I read here before from Hungarian anons that /out/ there kinda sucks with tons of trash in forests, hunters killing people's dogs and huge amounts of regulations.
>>
>>949833

>Be a little more sceptical about sensationalistic

In your fag country it is illegal to report the actual news because the truth iShare speech

In my fag country the media won't report the news because they support terrorists and want white genocides

In other words you are a brainwashed idiot
>>
>>949866

>Complains about too many regulations
>Wants to regulate away the right to self defense
>>
>>949883
Go fuck yourself, killing dogs just because ain't self defense. If you're too much of a faggot and afraid of dogs you shouldn't go /out/ anyway.
>>
>>949881
I have a hard time making sense of your post. Do you honestly believe that? What in the world gave you the impression that it is somehow illegal to report news where I live - and do you even know where I live? Aren't you the brainwashed one here?
>>
>>949894
If a dog is offleash that is reason enough to kill it you criminal scumbag
>>
>>949911
Of course you don't get it. how could you when you have had the truth hidden from you under penalty of law

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2016/1212/Murder-tests-how-far-German-media-have-come-in-reporting-refugee-crime
>>
>>949833
>thinking i'm not interested because i'm scared of rapefugees
reread my post and its follow-ups, dumbfuck.
>>
>>949922
I'm not German.
>>
>>949933
Even if you were, there wouldn't be any problem. Or to quote that anons own source:
"While federal statistics show migrants playing a minimum role in crime..."
>>
>>949938
>>949933
>>949930
>>949922
>>949921
>>949911
>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
Do not fuck my thread, this is about /out/ not your stupid shit.
>>
>>949984
>my thread
>owning a thread on an anonymous peruvian alpaca-fucking forum
also, why do you faggots keep getting triggered by my posts where i'm explicitly saying /pol/ bogeymen is NOT a problem?
>>
>>949157
Frenchfag here.
Did Poitiers to Bordeaux on this trail. Not religious for 2 fucks, but great
>>
>>950080
nice, if I go I will start in saint jean pied de port, any idea if it's hard to get there starting in Bordeaux airport?
>>
>>949833
>syria blue
>bbbut assad is such a bad man

Either that map is bullshit (it is because if they're counting public executions in NK and not by isis in syria and iraq its bs)
>>
>>949984
>>950054
Same here. I only posted to say that there's no reason to be paranoid about traveling in the EU.
>>
No Caminofags here?
>>
>>949200
>>949192
Kinda true but that's pretty much everything in society these days
>Good luck with that in Europe, if you like to hike long distances instead of staying in the same place for many days you will always find civilization and people.

That's some false advertising, I've walked the HRP train and much of it was quite pretty far from society. Not like some parts of the US, but definitely much more solitude than Camino. Camino is usually going through rural and semi urban areas, not really mountains and places where you can walk for days without going through a village.
The number of people and the easiness of terrain make this worse.

I head that eastern Europe is pretty good in that sense as well.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.