[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Slingshot general discussion.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: joerg.png (2MB, 1676x856px) Image search: [Google]
joerg.png
2MB, 1676x856px
Slingshot general discussion.
>>
>>939784
How cheap did you buy your slingshot and why would you never pay over $20 for one?
>>
>>939792
I am still looking. Thinking of getting the SimpleShot Scout Gen2. Daisy's and Marksman's look like shit quality.
>>
>>939784
>>>/k/
This is only tangentially /out/, and even that slight connection is only due to the fact that using a slingshot inside is a terrible idea.
>>
>>939799
>how limited are you?

A totally elitist attitude.

A slingshot is a wonderful/out/survival tool and more fun (and lighter weight) than packing a deck of cards.

Even just bringing the bands is a great idea as they could also be used for other purposes.
>>
>>939799
Is knife general /k/ too lol
>>
>>939784
This guy seems really legit. He makes slingshots and puts up tutorials/demos on youtube on how to shoot. I found him through MCQ bushcraft, and keep on wanting to buy one but don't want to go off just the website and a youtuber alone. Anyone else into this guy/used his shit/practice his technique?

http://www.pocketpredator.com/two.html

I like bringing a wrist rocket hiking, fuck shit up when I stop on breaks.
>>
>>940534
Do you bring shot with you or just pick up stones off the ground ?

Is it fun, should I Get one ?
>>
>>939797
it's bigger than it looks online, just fyi.
>>
>>940766
Well, to be accurate you need shot. And for shot to be any good it needs to have weight. Weight kinda sux, so I tend to bring only a small handful to shoot at squirrels and the rest of the time I just pick up rocks.

I think it's fun, I usually try to bring some sort of toy or luxury item with me when I go hiking.
>>
are these slingshots good?
>>
>>941073
brand?

are the bands really just held in place by pointy edged metal...
>>
I made a slingshot with some wood from an oak tree in my back yard and a yellow band from Walmart. Fired marbles i got at the dollar store. Killed a couple birds and a squirrel.
>>
Why would anyone use a slingshot? Rubber bands go bad and they aren't as accurate as slings. You can make a sling out of almost anything. And our (((jewish))) friends even have a story about a boy with a sling defeating a roman army.

Go ahead and buy your rubber bands.
>>
>>941175
I think Its flippinout. And no, originally it comes with some plastic clips.
>>
>>943309
>they aren't as accurate as slings
Something tells me you've never tried using a sling, much less hunt with one...
>>
>>943982
I have 2 self made slings i keep and i make them all the time. You do realize how to use them?

Take 2 shoe strings and tie them to a bag. Put a rock in that bag and start twirling it. Then let go of one of the strings.

It takes practice, but trust me it is far more accurate than a fucking slingshot.
>>
>>943992
Can you light a match with your sling?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP8OAwcnTFQ
>>
>>944000
Good digits.
>>
>>944000

Give me enough tries and i could light a match by free throwing stones that distance, or kicking a soccer ball, or throwing a basket ball or any other number of methods used in all the other "amazing feats" videos out there
>>
File: 1468455769635.jpg (34KB, 960x679px) Image search: [Google]
1468455769635.jpg
34KB, 960x679px
>>940773
that's what i say when bae doesn't like my dick pics
>>
>>944063
#REKT
>>
>>943992
I've been making and using my own slings for years. If you use normal rocks, ie. not perfectly spherical, you can't be as accurate as with a slingshot (assuming that good, metal shots are used) past a few meters because of aerodynamics.
Stop lying on the internet.
>>
>>944223
The rubber band defeats aerodynamics?

Please, explain to me how a slingshot is more accurate intrinsically. Despite the fact that you use all your one handed wrist strength to keep a stable platform.

You cannot really ve this fucking stupid. Please for fucks sake explain what you mean. What could possibly make a rubber band slingshot more accurate? Especially at distance?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.