[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fuck the modern system

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: 3679716205_f5a6199141.jpg (243KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3679716205_f5a6199141.jpg
243KB, 500x375px
Done with modern life, paying bills, traffic, job, TV, all this horseshit. It doesn't feel normal, even being on the internet. I don't feel depressed but I'm just done with it all. Planning on getting away from everything, not telling anyone in my family where I'm going or even that I'm leaving, I live on my own so they won't notice for a while, but I'm thinking grand canyon (somehwere close to where the picture is) or one of the national parks to live off the land. Anyone ever tried this or have any tips?
>>
File: 20161224_154610.jpg (995KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20161224_154610.jpg
995KB, 2560x1536px
>>935542
>you may not be liying, but you are faking.

Why do you want to hurt them?
>>
>>935550
Btw, the Havasu Tribe will kick you out.
>>
>>935542
/out/ isn't the easiest board to troll, sorry.
Try >>>/k/ ask them what's the better round .45 or 9mm
godspeed
>>
>>935542
I've done this OP. I was in the Grand Canyon for five months alone and without support. Bring plenty of good snare wires because its hard to get established trapping things. I would only bring a space blanket and not a sleeping bag because you get used to sleeping outside and don't want a sleeping bag after a while. Be sure your sparker steel is good, don't bother with lighters or matches because they run out.
>>
>>935560
>>935542
You need a "Backcountry Permit" to go into the grand canyon like and there's a waiting list.

https://www.nps.gov/grca/planyourvisit/backcountry-permit.htm
>>
>>935564
I didn't need a "Backcountry Permit" for my time in the wilderness. You'll need someone you trust to drop you off, or you'll have to ride a bike or hitchike in or something. The only thing they really care about are cars parked long-term places.

OP If you're not telling anyone where you're going, then all a "Backcountry Permit" is going to do is tell them where you are.
>>
>>935542
you won't do it OP but I have same feel every day, I thought turning 18 was going to be different. I mean it was great, I spent the day with friends, got laid and overall shouldn't complain.
But it's been a few months and I don't feel like I'm going anywhere. I'm 30 credits away from a bachelor degree in I don't even know what the fuck anymore and my fucking job is slowly killing me. I have love a lot of people and things here but I've not been away or off from school or work for a solid week in almost two years.
I remember just hanging out on the beach in high school instead of class, I know I'll never get that back but life seems so shitty (and I don't even pay rent yet).

Anyway OP, good luck. Even if you only go on a short vacation, make it fucking count.

Please someone convince me to spend the money I was saving for my next semester next year to buy an airline ticket to go live on my cousin's farm.
>>
File: IMG_1413.jpg (189KB, 926x875px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1413.jpg
189KB, 926x875px
>>935542
I agree. Fuck the metric system.
>>
>>935554
>just switched over from /k/

Kek
>>
>>935542 It's easy. Just search for wild potatoes and stuff.
>>
>>936667
this is poisonous
>>
>>935542
Jesus, you suck. Even if you weren't a troll, which it's pretty obvious that you are, but I can tell just by the way you phrase everything that you don't know jack shit about living off the land. If you're even remotely serious, go learn the basics first.
>>
>>936781
That faggot is having trouble living off his parents, much less the land.

>fuck muh senpai

When is this a problem if you are on your own?
>>
>>935542
see you tomorrow op
>>
>>935542
don't go to high traffic parks (especially national)
the rangers will catch on quick
large wilderness areas are best bc of the lack of easy access and generally (Timanogos wilderness preserve has a higher visitor/acre than Yellowstone) lower traffic rate
but use bows, crowsbows, traps for hunting, guns will draw attention especially outside hunting seasons
get a map and plan to inhabit ~40sqmi
don't stay in one place long enough to make it look lived in
never leave a trap up for more than 24 hours
keep fires as small as possible, and fully extinguish then disperse/bury the remains
hitchhike to the nearest town to the trail head, search parties will start at your car and people you got a ride from will rat you out bc they think they're helping you
it is possible in the continental US if you know what you're doing

or you could move to Alaska and homestead
>>
>>935554
>Try >>>/k/ ask them what's the better round .45 or 9mm
I'm the guy over there that always says 10mm
>>
>>935554

>not 10mm Autisto
>>
You need to buy cheap rural property and get more involved with yard tasks and that sort of thing.

My wife and I moved from the big city to a ~5000 population town. We bought a place on the outskirts at the end of some dirt road with few neighbors. We both work part time, which is enough to pay our meager bills.

You gotta ask yourself -- why do you work? Well, it's of course to get money so you can buy things and pay for services.

So instead of working to obtain money, how about reducing the amount of things and services needed?

Our mortgage is 1/3rd of the city price. We have no cable or television. Metered power and water that we hardly use at all (might go entirely offgrid later on). Cheap property tax because this town is so tiny and doesn't have many utilities. I drive a cheap used truck I fixed myself. Our food budget has become a minor afterthought; we buy bulk and cook large portions in a crock pot. Stew, chili, casserole, etc is all cheap to make and one batch feeds us for a week.

The result: we live on a very small budget, barely work, and spend a lot of time in the back yard gardening or cooking on our fire pit.

Lions don't belong in cages. Humans don't belong in cities.
>>
File: Varg-smiling.jpg (11KB, 320x350px) Image search: [Google]
Varg-smiling.jpg
11KB, 320x350px
>>938647
Varg Approved
>>
>>938647
Perfectly said anon
>>
>>938647
She's still gonna leave you.
>>
>>935551
They will never find you if you are more than 100 yards from the liquor store
>>
>>940390
Have you been to Supai Village?

The closest liquor store is in Seligman, though you can buy beer and wine at the Grand Canyon Caverns gift shop. 30 packs are actually reasonably priced.

The actually send out roving patrols on horseback to check for permits and check the campground below the falls for same. Low key and it is their land by treaty.

Still, fuck those subsidized leftwing degenerates.
>>
>>938647
This is the smart option. Rural life with internet access, raising your food. If your bills are minimal you can always save some money and go hiking for a few months.
>>
>>938647
Yeah this is what I want. I'm still in the city now but as soon as I can afford some property outside town I'm on it.

Just maintaining property, putting up bird and bathhouses, having some flower and veg gardens, walks, fishing, etc, around my house on the weekends sounds perfect to me.
>>
>>935542
Bring a sat phone or GPS so the rangers can find your body or so you can bitch out after a day.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.