[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was just stopping here on some advice on how to break into archery/bow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6628.jpg (277KB, 2032x848px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6628.jpg
277KB, 2032x848px
Was just stopping here on some advice on how to break into archery/bow hunting. I've been interested in this for a long time and finally have the time to do it. Any advice on where I should start?
>>
>>908404
yeah
>>>/k/
>>
Buy a bow, and prcatice with it at least one year before hunting.
Also, a good tip is going to the gym, bench press and military press will help you being accurate
>>
Practice a lot before taking it /out/ because you'll hit jack shit otherwise.
>>
>>908404
Check and see if any of your local gun stores have archery ranges. If they do, they'll usually let you try shooting a couple bows before you buy. If you're lucky and the guy trying to make a sale is passionate enough, he might try to teach you some basic form for your shooting.

As far as gear recommendations go, I'd say get a PSE Wolverine in #30-35 and at least half a dozen arrows. Worry about getting your form and shot cycle down before you move on to heavier hunting bows. I started off with a #60 longbow and it hurt my form for months.

>>908405
He posted this same thread in /k/ and another faggot like you told him to come here. So fuck off unless you have something to add.

>>908409
Alternatively, go hiking and shoot at stumps. If you want to learn to shoot instinctively, practicing at varying heights/distances will go a long way.
>>
>>908406
>presses for pulling a bowstring
>ISHYGDDT
Rows, my man. Also, deadlifts for the core.
>>
>>908405
This board has a weekly hunting thread, dipshit.

>>908404

My suggestion would be to go get a cheap bow and arrows to learn how to shoot first, then work your way up to a heavier comp bow to hunt with. No use in dropping 250+ on a bow right off the bat then losing interest halfway through.
>>
>>908459
>He posted this same thread in /k/ and another faggot like you told him to come here.
It's not /out/'s fault /k/ is full of dumbasses
>>
>>908834
Doesn't mean that stupid shitposting isn't stupid shitposting.
>>
>>908404
Buy a 30 pound bow to start out with, to get your form and accuracy down. The move up when you feel like you're ready. if you want a hunt, you gonna want hunt your gonna need something higher than 40 to take down bigger game.

Also don't cheap out on arrows.
>>
>>908404
Stop what you're doing and watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Lars Andersen has worked hard to debunk the Hollywood myths of modern archery, and it pays to learn what they are and how to avoid them yourself. Modern archery teaches that you need THINGS to be good, compound bows that are dangerous and expensive, fiber optic sights that won't make you a better shot, stabilizers that build in you bad habits. THESE ARE NOT THINGS THE BEST ARCHERS OF THE PAST USED. Lars scoured ancient texts to rediscover the knowledge lost to time, to corporate meddling, to help the archery community as a whole return to their practical and useful roots.

Things will not make you a better archer, practice, dedication, learning the lessons of those before you and applying them to your training, these will turn you into an archer of old proper capability.
>>
>>908404
In Los Angeles at Motor park on Pico they have free archery classes. My dad took us when we were about 12. Went back this year and they're still doing it. I'm 40 now. Check your local area for something similar.
>>
>>909211
>t. not an archer
>>
>>909240
Good response, lots of evidence, claim debunked

jk kys lol
>>
>>909211
I wonder what kind of nocks this faggit uses. Also the bow is light. Id say around 15-20# max. No bueno for big game. Rabbits maybe.
>>
>>909257
No, it's a war bow, did you not watch the video? The techniques are for REAL archery, not your soft modern crap.
>>
>>909249
>>909261
The autism is just too much in these posts. Pls calm down anon
>>
>>909262
>laughs at your evidenceless claim
>suddenly autistic
okay.
>>
>>908406
Yea you need rows and chest/reverse flys....
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.