[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I take my sawzall to mexico for gathering firewood in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: c_recip2LR.jpg (181KB, 300x253px) Image search: [Google]
c_recip2LR.jpg
181KB, 300x253px
Should I take my sawzall to mexico for gathering firewood in Baja?
If so, what's the best blade?
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85KB, 270x187px
>sawzall
>mexico
>gathering wood
>mfw

it's okay anon, you can be honest. you're going to use it to decapitate rival cartel members, aren't you?

this reminds me of when i worked at a hardware store and the stoners would come in to the garden section looking for advice on how to make their "tomatoes" grow best.
>>
>>902189
If you are car camping sure go for it just use it to process dead wood not green.

I'd say a wide tooth saw should work best.
>>
>>902192
Oh well if it's for bone then use a medium or fine tooth. Medium will clog less.
>>
>>902192
Kek, no just a fishing trip.
Used my cordless saw to do some pruning this week and was shocked at how effective it was even with an old shitty blade.
Would hate to have banditos cut my to bits with it though.
Had not thought aboot that.
>>
>>902196
Oh and get a rubber or plastic full length apron it will save your clothes from blood splatter.

So much blood splatter.
>>
>>902202
Guy's I'm not going to be heading anyone.
Promise.
>>
File: IMG_1077.jpg (1MB, 3812x2066px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1077.jpg
1MB, 3812x2066px
>>902201
Damn I should bring some power tools when I go snek fishin.
>>
>>902213
>mounting your mom
>>
File: geeps_mox.png (15KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_mox.png
15KB, 261x195px
>>902215
sorry anon I somehow posted in the wrong thread and subsequently deleted and reposted correctly. but I like your moxie!
>>902216
>>
>>902219
Yeah I figured that was the case when I saw the strike through.

Someone beat me to the punch before I got over to the other thread.
>>
>>902211
god dammit he's still here.
>>
So I have looked at pruning blades with very aggressive teeth but worry they are designed more for green wood and would dull easily on brittle dry wood.
There is also a carbide tipped blade from Lennox that looks pretty skookum.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>902376
Your over thinking it, your not starring a lumber company. At most you should be cutting up 4-5 inch limbs anything bigger get a chainsaw. Unless you have power hook ups your limited to the charge your battery will hold so you won't be cutting enough to destroy a blade.
>>
>>902189
>>902387
seriously, good luck finding wood worth cutting, unless you're going for a bonfire, dry wood can just be bent/broken utilizing your muscular-skeletal system. I would just bring two shorty wood blades. Those long blades flapping around are just going to bend the tip and make your sawzall look just like your limp dick.
>>
>>902387
I have a dc car charger for the 18v batteries. I will be down there all winter.
>>
>>902522
>two shorty wood blades
This seems like sound advice.
Thanks
>>
Check and make sure of the laws. They use to let you take tools in but take them when you try to cross back over the border.
>>
sawzall has to be the most pleb power tool. it's like a saw for retards.
>>
>>902609
I know right thats why they didn't stoped making them and you only see them used at every construction site.

Haha so pleb.
>>
>>902609
you are the pleb
>>
>>902614
yeah, and who works at construction sites?
>>
>>902654
Better people than you anon.
>>
>>902655
sawzall is the retard of power tools. even the name is retarded. just deal with it.
>>
>>902211
DIE PEPSI DIE
>>
File: IMG_1359.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1359.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>902700
You don't want to see sneks get rekt by a sawzall?

>>902361
Always and forever ;^)

>>902609
Depends what you are doing. Circular saws, chain saws, and grinders are better in a lot of situations but the sawzall can replace them if you don't mind a hack job. Hack saws are great too but shit takes a lot of effort.
>>
>>902712
>inb4 next fishing thread peps goes "lol guise i ground a sneks head off with an angle grinder"
>>
>>902189
Definitely not OP, it's an electronic that probably won't function when it has to unless it's a good brand like Makita, even then, a bit of rain and it'll probably rekt it
>>
File: IMG_0238.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0238.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>902739
Stop giving me ideas
>>
>>902654
Me. Can confirm sawzall is useful and commonplace on construction sites.... as long as you're not a tard.

tldr most of 4chan shouldnt use sawzall
>>
>>902764
tldr this fag thinks 4chan can't handle technology that was around in WWII, but ironically, they can.
>>
>>902749
y kill snek ? )^`:
>>
>>902793
because snek was illegal muzzie immigrant
>>
>>902798
Danm brown sneks
>>
>>902189
You're taking a trip to Mexico? If so, you won't be able to bring that wood back to wherever you came from.
>>
>>902811
Just going to burn it.
>>
>>902821
Oh, a bonfire? Then hell yeah, burn the everloving shit out of it. Bring your power tools, go ape.
>>
>>902823
Does bonfire mean something else in bonglandia?
Where I am from that's a huge fire with dozens of people around.
I just need a small campfire at night for cooking and cozy feels.
>>
>>902829
Bonfire, where I am from, means massive flame. But if that's not your prime directive, then I would say you don't need any tools. I'd just collect sticks, break branches off dead shrubs, etc.
>>
>>902569
They only do this for the free tools lmao. You got robbed by boarder patrol.
>>
They make bladez for your exact purpose anon.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-12-in-4-5-TPI-Pruning-Sawzall-Reciprocating-Saw-Blade-48-00-1305/202256182
>>
>>902807
Luckily Papa Trump's gonna make em niggsneks disappear with THE WALL
>>
remember not to transport that firewood far, it could lead to invasive species spread
>>
Dump that sawzall and get a Silky. Don't have to worry about batts anon
>>
>>902201
Get the blade with the largest possible teeth, it will cut fast and it doesn't matter that the cut isn't clean
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.