[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 104

File: IMG_1031.jpg (98KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
98KB, 500x750px
#103-"Don't Drink The Saltwater" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>899394

Still waiting for help with the beginner guides on the Pastebin. I put a little saltwater one in there, but I want to do a river one possibly and trout.

Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Only another couple weeks before we finalize the F&T Secret Santa! $20 limit so if you want in, let me know (GetSomeMemes @ gmail).

Talk about fishin
>>
File: 1475321528292.jpg (30KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1475321528292.jpg
30KB, 600x594px
How the fuck do all of these blue collar looking people afford $50K trucks and $70K bass boats?

Every time I go to the damn river, I see the worst looking people with dip in their lip and missing teeth hopping out of their brand new Dodge Ram 2500 to back in their brand new shiny Legend bass boat.

Even if they finance that shit, how can they afford the payments? My $27K boat has $270 monthly payments and I feel like that's a lot, considering my take home income is like $2,900 a month.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (23KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
23KB, 500x327px
>>900395
they don't have nice houses, they don't pay taxes, they don't have children, they don't enrich their lives eating good food, drinking good drink, and travelling the world, and they don't save for retirement.
>>
>>900395
When you live in a trailer, the mortgage is cheap.

All depends where you put your money. Dudes could be making $90k doin union construction work. If they aren't living in a $500k suburban house and have kids in private school, it leaves some money left over for toys.
>>
>>900396
>>900397
There were a lot of people like this in my old neighborhood. Like two couples in their upper 20s or low 30s with no kids would share a 3bed/2ba house. Ends up being $500/mo per person and then bills are dirt cheap split 4 ways so it leaves them with lots of money for lift kits on their 2500HD.

I mean I'm shit at managing money too but at least we got a pretty nice house right now.
>>
>>900396
Most of these people have 4-5 kids with a fat wife that is always grouchy, but the rest is true.

>>900397
Nothing wrong with that lifestyle. I rent out a bedroom for $500/month. Quite expensive but it includes everything and is in a very nice neighborhood. I've considered buying a trailer in this trailer park about 30 minutes outside the city. It's mostly older people and doesn't look trashy at all. All the homes are new and lot rent which includes utilities is only $300/month. Thinking of pulling the trigger. I'm hardly ever home anyways. When I'm not working, I'm out on my boat. It's a terrible financial decision as trailers depreciate, but renting is pissing money away too, and I can't afford a real house without becoming house poor.
>>
>>900395
ugly people cant make good money?
>>
>>900395
They're probably blue collar but in management. I do QC at a factory and the Manager drives a jacked up Ram 3500 and has a 32' bay boat. His wife is a nurse and they live in a nice neighborhood. I can't really judge their finances but I highly doubt they're the credit card/debt type of people and are actually good with their finances. Considering both of their incomes and only having one child, seems pretty comfy.
>>
>>900395
Bass boats can be had used for 10grand. Yes the 70grand ones.

Same goes for trucks..

Plus paying 70grand for a bass boat is top chuckles. Dick measuring contest..
>>
>>900406
Where can I buy a brand new 2017 Triton for $10K?

I'm not talking about the people pulling up in 10 year old bass boats.
>>
>>900395
There was a dude in my old hometown lived in a shitty aluminum single wide trailer. He had two nice vets, a mustang cobra and a HD in the driveway.
>>
File: IMG_0379.jpg (70KB, 570x758px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0379.jpg
70KB, 570x758px
>>900421
That's what we call "Nigger Rich"
>>
>>900395
Do you happen to live somewhat close to oilfields?
>>
>>900425
hardly. there's nothing wrong with liking nice cars and not living in a mcmansion.
>>
File: implying flood.jpg (126KB, 1377x771px) Image search: [Google]
implying flood.jpg
126KB, 1377x771px
>be South Australian
>Murray River is nearly at its peak flood, still half a metre to rise within the next 2 weeks
>Water is so fucking dirty and fast flowing shit won't be fishable at least until Feb
>Tannin is killing off a bunch of Native fish

Upside is I can grab my spear, drive just outside of town and hunt Carp trying to cross the road in the National Park.
>>
>>900464
It's ok brother. THe river hear peaked at 10-11+m's.

Still pretty shitty looking, but its down to +1-2m i think. Caught a lttle cod this morning and a really nice and healthy looking yella. (>>900181)

Shit will fix itself soon.
>>
>>900414
My 1990 400000 km Tritot was $2k...
>>
>>900480
Noice man, where you at? Got home a few hours ago from Carp bashing and discovered a bloke found a dead 60cm Cod on the bank just down the road from where we were. Spewing it's killing off all the Cod and the Carp are thriving but I hear after the waters recede the Native fishing will be going beserk.
>>
>>900487
Deniliquin. Edward river, an anabranch of the Murray.

Gotten a lot of angry comments about the fact I threw that yellow back. The roads into the forest are closed still (some big lakes still in some places, haha), so I road my bike from the parking area. Wasn't gonna balance my rod and a fish on the bike trek home haha.

And yeah. I've been hearing the same thing. Hopefully it'll be a good cod season. Got a kayak being shipped here, hoping it arrives in time haha. Bit hard fishing from the bank here. Lots of snags and likely places on the otherside of the bank, but it's a cunt to get to by vehicle.
>>
File: RIPtrack.jpg (849KB, 1597x883px) Image search: [Google]
RIPtrack.jpg
849KB, 1597x883px
>>900491
>angry comments
>throwing a Native back

Why exactly? Can't wait for the water to recede, so many national parks closed off here because half of the tracks are underwater. Went for a 4WD cruise on a "closed" track today and was spun out by how many creeks spilled out and how many crossings and bridges were underwater. Not keen on taking the boat out because the recent storms have knocked so many giant tree limbs underwater and shit is flowing hell fast.

Deniliquin is definitely on my bucket list for Cod fishing trips.
>>
whats the strangest object you guys caught?
when i was a little kid i caught a wallet off a pier
>>
File: 1403301208106.jpg (65KB, 555x786px) Image search: [Google]
1403301208106.jpg
65KB, 555x786px
>>900525
A fist sized sandstone rock in the river, was bait fishing too.
>>
File: IMG_0457.jpg (409KB, 920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
409KB, 920x1109px
>>900439
Not a McMansion, but you are much better off not spending every dollar you make on the depreciating asset that is a brotruck and lift kids that will never be worth anything.

If you have a house, pay the mortgage on that, and keep the thing in good shape, then go ahead and spend money on cars if you enjoy then. But there are plenty of nigs and trailer trash living in gov't housing and spend 50% of their income on a high interest 72mo loan and that is fucking stupid.
>>
>>900491
Hungry bastards, haha.

Yeah, even now there's a lot of water laying about. It's a trip riding down the road and realising i would of been some 4-5meters under water just a few weeks ago.

Just got back. Caught another yellowbelly. Would of just been legal, but a little slim.

Almost got a fish on the surface lure once the sun got down, but he popped off after 5 seconds or so.

Think i've figured out where the yellows are. There's a reed bed about 4m's from the bank and i keep getting them there.

River is definitely healthier than people around here believe.

Can't wait for the kayak to arrive. Saw some fish eating around the bend that was naccessible on foot. THought about wading, but it was getting too dark and it's quite chilly surprisingly.
>>
File: feelsbadman111.jpg (109KB, 563x364px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman111.jpg
109KB, 563x364px
>setting up gill nets at local ponds
>cast netting tarpon
>keeping literally every single thing they pull out of the water
>stealing fish from other people's coolers
>sucking the fun out of fishing trips

What do we do about illegal asian and hispanic fishermen?
>>
>>900560
Call the po po. Hopefully under Trump they will get deported.
>>
What kind of jobs do you guys have? I just quit my 4th job this year. Tired of general labor shit. They always think you're stupid and try to fuck you over. You're too tried to enjoy fishing. Always getting overtime.

What can I do that's more relaxing yet still pays well? Really wish I didn't move out of Texas. Could be a janitor there making $14/hour. Can't find shit here that pays more than $11/hour that isn't backbreaking and 12 hour shifts with mandatory overtime.

Wish I could afford a higher education, but I always save up to like $1K then have the urge to blow it on new fishing gear.
>>
>>900560
>tfw the guy who taught me how to fish was a manlet Mexican
>he was a real go getter walked at 15 miles per hour didn't like wasting time
>had a fancy boat and big truck
>ran his own plumbing busniess

He was like an Uncle to me. There aren't many minorities around here so I don't really understand the racism. Most Mexicans around here are normal middle class factory managers and blue collar business owners and stuff. The trashy people are the white fucks that live in trailer parks living off government assistance robbing 7-11 for cigarettes and Food Lion for cheap liquor every weekend.
>>
>>900575

>What do we do about illegal asian and hispanic fishermen?
>ILLEGAL

It's mainly the vietnamese fishermen here that are super nasty. They cast over you and then get mad when you cross lines. I've even seen one steal a lure from someone's tacklebox when he lost his. I agree with you on the white trash though.
>>
>>900594
It's only beta if you actually continue standing there and dealing with it. Cut their line if they cross it again. Tell the guy they stole his lure. Stop being an autist? Basic human interaction. Stand up for yourself if you are older than 18.
>>
>>900596
>implying they do it to me

It's never happened once to me but its stuff I see happen on the pier. I steer clear of the vietnamese. I have no problem with hispanics since I am one.
>>
>>900572
>IT
>$16 hr
It can get pretty stressful at times but at least it's interesting.
>>
>>900395
Usually it's because they spend very little on housing and don't travel anywhere other than to the lake and they do all their shopping at Wal Mart so they're living pretty cheap overall
They're kinda like niggers in that they'll live in a literal shack but have a nice car

Also they usually put themselves in financial high water to cop shit like a new truck and it'll end up getting repossessed in a couple years once they fall behind on payments

Another commonality is nepotism
They'll know a used car dealer or two and say "hey man if you come across a nice truck lemme know" and they'll sell it to them at cost or be friends with a sheriff's deputy and get a sweet deal on a truck before it goes to auction that was seized as part of a drug bust or whatever

If you live in a military town it's enlisted guys spending their reenlistment bonuses

t. Knower
>>
>>900572
I have an office job, it's pretty chill a lot of the time. Some days I can get away with doing almost nothing. But my previous job was constantly busy and overtime was expected (doing essentially the same thing), so it'll always vary company to company. I'm trying to work my way up to a cushy management position because those fuckers have it the best. They're not all that important in daily operations and can get away with taking days off whenever they want.

I've always thought the best job would be as a fishing guide up in some mountain town. They get to fish all day, probably make a decent wage, and they usually get tips as well.
>>
File: 20161126_102024.jpg (4MB, 1675x2241px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_102024.jpg
4MB, 1675x2241px
>>900572

it really depends on where you live. I manage a retail store that's part of a fast growing company. The pay sucked when I lived in the bay area, but I kept my expenses low and worked my way up. They've moved me to three different states now and increased my bay area salary each time so now I'm actually really comfortable.

I started just like you, no degree or really any marketable skills, just played my cards right.

>pic unrelated, doge meets snek
>>
>>900391
>don't drink the saltwater
>I know how saltwater fishing is in the real world because I live in a shitty area and fished during a shitty month

Fuck you Pepsi. I have no problems with you enjoying small pond fish unlike the other people in this thread but don't pretend you know how saltwater fishing is really like because you don't bother to do the slightest amount of research. It's like saying bass fishing is really shitty because you spend hours during the summer with out catching anything.
>>
>>900639
He's no different than the saltfags saying freshwater fishing is all about the dinks
>>
>>900439
Slit your throat please.
>>
>>900572
Will be starting work as a roughneck in January it pays very well and no education required
It's just exceedingly physically demanding so I guess doesn't fit your desire for being comfy

NEET masterrace for now though
>>
File: 1452448323361.jpg (67KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452448323361.jpg
67KB, 600x800px
>>900659
>neet master race with upper middle class parents who spend all their money on me and my sister
>mfw
>>
>>900660
>>900659
How old are you guys?
>>
>>900661
>>
>>900639
You sure did assume a whole lot from that little phrase

>>900572
CEO of Coca Cola. Pays well but doesn't leave nearly enough time for fishin.

>>900636
I really gotta get out tonight and tomorrow. Sucks my weekend got so fucked up from work but the fishin is just getting better and better with each passing week. The small guys from the spring are growing up and the bigger guys are getting closer to shore and actually eating. Right now through March and you will be hitting more 18"+ LMB
>>
>>900664

I'm probably heading out tomorrow morning too if you wanna meet up somewhere. Had to leave today after a boat came out and was throwing big wake.
>>
>>900572
I work at a car dealership as a mechanics assistant

>>900664
>CEO of Coca Cola
Kek
>>
File: 4gM38Gn.gif (840KB, 468x259px) Image search: [Google]
4gM38Gn.gif
840KB, 468x259px
>>900572
I have a desk job at a university, 25$/hr starting with ~3% raise every year, insurance (health and dental), my own office, and my own hours.
>>
File: deals.png (147KB, 782x411px) Image search: [Google]
deals.png
147KB, 782x411px
Make sure you guys are watching amazon for dank deals, I picked up two reels and a rod and a bunch of gulp plastics at a discount
>pic related
>>
>>900629
>They get to fish all day, probably make a decent wage, and they usually get tips as well.
They get to WATCH someone fish all day. I talked to my last guide and he said he guides 7 days a week during peak season and doesn't get to fish except on his one day off a month or if someone cancels a trip
>>
>>900575
>I don't really understand the racism
You keyed in on the wrong part of his sentence. Their races are only slightly relevant and included for description - the fact that they are illegals is what matters. Think about the amount of crimes they are racking up in anon's scenario >>900560

>Poaching of multiple varieties
>Theft
>Not paying any taxes
>Came here illegally

REMEMBER:
>illegal is not a race
>>
File: ell.jpg (90KB, 1005x665px) Image search: [Google]
ell.jpg
90KB, 1005x665px
>fishing thread
>constant whining
>>
File: el.jpg (124KB, 1186x666px) Image search: [Google]
el.jpg
124KB, 1186x666px
>minorities
>>
>>900675
You're implying only illegals do those things now? Didn't know pol was out
>>
>>900698
>he's never been to a fishing pier
It's mainly illegal immigrants that do this horrible shit.
>>
>>900698
Where did I imply that? Read my post again. The person implying: >>900560

That said, the only time I've witnessed it is at the local pier during summer there will almost invariably be a huge vietnamese family with 20 shitty rods set up up and down the pier. IDK their immigration status, clearly, but I get the complaints people keep making.

Or are you some sort of apologist for illegal behavior? I don't condone any of those crimes on my list >>900675

Remove the bottom two and you are still being a turbofaggot and should be arrested for stealing and poaching.....
>>
File: pnr.jpg (457KB, 1595x810px) Image search: [Google]
pnr.jpg
457KB, 1595x810px
>>900675
my neighbors are illegals.
they work under the table.
they dont pay any taxes.
they're from england.

>illegal is not a race
>indeed
>>
File: 2112312.jpg (120KB, 786x480px) Image search: [Google]
2112312.jpg
120KB, 786x480px
>>900700
>huge vietnamese family with 20 shitty rods set up up and down the pier.

what are they doing illegal?
>>
>>900700
Your pier entrance fee IS your fishing license. They go to piers because they can't get a normal fishing license.
>>
File: 1477971567978.jpg (86KB, 400x285px) Image search: [Google]
1477971567978.jpg
86KB, 400x285px
>>900701
And white illegals are just as bad in my eyes.
>>
>>900704
Illegal number of lines in the water for my state. Seen them use illegal numbers of hooks and they keep all fish regardless of whether they are legal size or not.

>>900706
See above, they definitely aren't following the law.
>>
>>900699
I live in Virginia Beach and go surf fishing every day almost when it's not cold. Nothing but tourists mostly on piers but they aren't terrible. All of the minority people go catfishing in the rivers. They can't afford quality saltwater gear and usually quit after a few trips when their cheap shit breaks.

But pier fishing in general is terrible. I'll either go fishing off the beach or take my kayak out around the bridge and tunnel system. Sorry you live in a shitty place.
>>
>>900709
>every minority fisherman is illegal and they poach and steal

WormGuy is from /pol/. That's worse than browsing /b/ or /r9k/
>>
>>900710
I'm so glad the pier I go to is considered amongst the best in the state, it's super clean and people are friendly for the most part. Sorry you live near a terrible pier.
>>
File: AanOLcJ.png (47KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
AanOLcJ.png
47KB, 853x543px
>>900712

Bait? Poor reading comprehension? The world may never know

Lets recap: >>900700
>That said, the only time I've witnessed it is at the local pier during summer there will almost invariably be a huge vietnamese family with 20 shitty rods set up up and down the pier. IDK their immigration status
>IDK their immigration status

>>900709
>Seen them use illegal numbers of hooks and they keep all fish regardless of whether they are legal size or not.

So because I saw one poacher family that I admittedly don't know the immigration status for I'm a rayciss sexist xenophobe?

You know part of why Trump won is because of this holier-than-thou attitude that people like you take?
>>
>>900720
Posting /pol/ pics doesn't help you bud. tl;dr
>>
File: sturgeon poacher.jpg (69KB, 564x310px) Image search: [Google]
sturgeon poacher.jpg
69KB, 564x310px
>>900709
I see that all the time, I always call fish and wildlife on them so they get ticketed.

whats so hard?
>>
File: adhominem.gif (4KB, 340x163px) Image search: [Google]
adhominem.gif
4KB, 340x163px
>>900721
>>
>>900723
He Reddit now
>>
File: OAV7Kmy.jpg (785KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
OAV7Kmy.jpg
785KB, 4032x3024px
>>900722
I don't care that much, I get the impression they are doing it to feed their children. If I saw someone doing something horrible like the sturgeon poacher in your pic I'd call no questions asked.

I'm not the one who constantly posts about the "illegals/minorities" at piers, that would be Pepsi and several anons. I was simply confirming that I've seen it and acknowledge it could be a problem depending on your area.

A new saltwater dink because that seems to get the troll all hot and bothered
>>
File: IMAG1695.jpg (491KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1695.jpg
491KB, 1280x720px
>>900731
>juvenile rockfish caught on perch crack.

yeah it 2 rods or lines where i'm at. I report all poachers dont really care who theyre trying to feed. they deplete the fish stocks and pass poaching down to their kids who dont know better.
fuck all poachers
>>
>>900739
You a pacific coast anon? I need to find a place like your pic, I'm assuming you are cliff fishing? Advice appreciated

I should probably start reporting everyone with no sympathy.
>>
>>900660
Same boat as you but I've reached the point where I've got to get out for my own sanity

>>900661
Way too old to still be living with my parents
>>
File: IMAG1721.jpg (5MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1721.jpg
5MB, 4320x3240px
yeah west siide, the picture is from lovers point rocks. fished tundali cove all last week, caught lots of perch and grass rockfish. the rain brought the fish up into the kelp again.
>>
File: eZcaRc3.jpg (473KB, 3000x1715px) Image search: [Google]
eZcaRc3.jpg
473KB, 3000x1715px
>>900797
Hey, I've fished there. Caught this dink.

How the fuck do you avoid losing a shit ton of tackle in the heavy seaweed that just chills right at the rocks?
>>
File: uvYoiPQ.jpg (899KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
uvYoiPQ.jpg
899KB, 4032x3024px
>>900797
Damn I need to go back to Tundali/Panther, I went there a week ago during the huge storm swell and there was nothing but seaweed in the surf

Have you fished Manresa? picrelated
>>
File: 20161126_153932.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161126_153932.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I feel like a dick, I released two of these not knowing they are great eating and highly invasive. Also the largest pond dink I've caught to date.
>>
File: IMAGE_201.jpg (158KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE_201.jpg
158KB, 960x720px
>>900810
yeah coast guard is known for losing shit, most people really dont know how to fish it. there is some big cabs in those rocks if you know how to get them.
in the summertime when i take a break from trolling /b/ I like to snorkel and spear there. I make a couple trips to collect gear from the rocks. In late august I hauled 86lbs of lead, a full plano tacklebox, dozen pairs of sun glasses, a bmx bike, 3 phones and a freezer ziplock of random lures, mainly kroc spoons. all in a day, from right out in front of there.
As far as losing gear and getting rocked..
my friend gives me 5 gallon buckets of end cuts of wire from his job sites. I cut them down and use them to attach my weight to the line.
The idea is that the wire will bend out if the weight gets stuck in a rock or if a fish drags you under a rock. Its the best rig Ive used for snaggy areas so i dont lose all of my shit.
also braid. it will cut through a lot that. set your dropper loop low and bounce bait in the pockets. its active fishing because you have to keep the weight in contact, when you get bit you use the braid to horse the fish out of the kelp. similar to punching a mat when fishing for bass. you sit down or play on your phone with your rod on the rail youll get tangled if the surge is pushing. go first light its glassy and the fish are in the shallows

what rocks are you thinking of fishing?
>>
>>900695
Is that Avalon pier?
>>900840
At least now you know
>>
>>900844
I want to return to Coast Guard with a heavier rod. Went without knowing about the seaweed for the first time and only brought a medium rod (15lb braid), I'd bump it up to 40lb braid probably. Got one huge bite near the kelp bed and lost it. Caught a ton of those little black rockfish up close to the rocks with a simple metal jig, but lost a few jigs and every high-low rig I tried to fish

I want to find some rockfishing spots between watsonville and pigeon point, monterey is a little far and traffic is awful
>>
File: DCIM_.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>900827
yeah used to go to state beach back in the day. not so much anymore. been fishing marina and ft. ord dunes for striper and perch when I dont want to take the boat out or paddle.
>>
>>900840
Let's go out at like 3am and try to get a knife feesh.

And I doubt they are much worse than the Mayans or other cichlids. They just replace bluegills but they do like to fuck up vegetation when they move around rocks to nest.
>>
Are there any good fishing movies/shows on Netflix? It's snowing and I'm bored.
>>
>>900855
I'll have to check out ft. ord next time I go down to that side of MB

Do you sabiki from the boat for those baitfish?
>>
>>900855
I've yet to catch a striper, think I hooked into one while perch fishing once but it broke my rig

Mostly because I don't spend much time casting striper lures. I am not privy to the local knowledge of when and where to fish for them and it seems pointless to cast blindly. I've yet to see a striper boil while fishing perch either
>>
File: dasboat.jpg (58KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
dasboat.jpg
58KB, 960x540px
>>900854
yeah go big on the rod and the braid,

davenport is fun if you like to hike as well. scott creek, chinamans ect...fishing rocks takes a little knowledge and theres always walking involved. also know where your mpa's are.
>>
>>900867
Yeah I spent about 20 minutes trying to figure out if Tundali was part of the natural bridges mpa
>>
File: 20150811_134632.jpg (915KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20150811_134632.jpg
915KB, 2048x1350px
>>900695
>>900852
I'm 99% sure this is Avalon pier
That's where I caught pic related, and ate a live octopus for a $20
>>
>>900871
why do you want to transform into a furry?
>>
>>900876
He's too lazy to lose weight and get a girlfriend.
>>
File: safe_image.php.png (146KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
safe_image.php.png
146KB, 300x300px
>>900861
ling baits are from what was left over from one cast net worth of baits from the corner of sc pier. chummed them up, had like 50 of them in the bait tank to use. easy to make bait there.

>>900864
>spot burn rules on 4chan

the dunes are going off..the secret is what and what size they are eating...funny thing is a lot of the schoolies are getting caught on perch crack, grass shrimp or sandfleas. I got limits fly fishing ord on their first push south. now the delta is calling them north to spawn so they fatten up and gorge for the swim. its all related to the seasons and tides..

pic not related
>>
>>900880
Ew girls
>>900876
Because warm and cozy in the winter, soft and cuddly in bed, and over all fun
>>
>>900883
Are chum bags legal? Seems easy to just do from a boat but I would be doing it from SC pier
>>
>>900885
Just fill a water jug with sand and water 1/4 of the way, then with little bits of fish and water with sand up the center, then a cap of fish
At the pier cut the jug off (so it's only a block of ice) and toss it over
As it thaws it will release scent and fish
>>
>>900894
or you could not be a littering nigger and buy an actual fucking chum bag that you can reel back in.

This is why we all hate minorities and tourists you fat fuck.
>>
>>900884
All perfectly valid reasons. What animal do you want to be?
>>
File: ScreenHunter_461 Nov. 26 16.40.jpg (178KB, 1251x698px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_461 Nov. 26 16.40.jpg
178KB, 1251x698px
>>900885
>secrets

I dont use a bag..

HOW 2 MAKE BAIT:
>go to dollar/cheap store
>pet food aisle
>cheap cans fish based cat food
>cheap mackerel in can
>bag of cheap dry cat food
>mix all that shit together
>flick spoonfuls of it off the pier
>wait

instant bait cloud. and yeah you can chum off the pier but dont use a bag because seals will eat that shit.
>>
>>900901
The jug gets cut off, it's just ice, sand, and fish.
>>
>>900929
This
>>900901
Are you usually this thick or just a bad reader
>>900902
Either a horsie because practicality (you know- pulling carts and people and stuff) or saint Bernard because super extra fluffy
Talk about fishing
>>
File: IMG_1040.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1040.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Fucking Walmart...
>>
>>900395
They work hard, live modestly day-to-day and save their money. Blue collar work isn't low paying. A good construction job and a decade or two of experience could easily have you both of those things along with a decent home in the suburbs. Finding a good woman who contributes to the household helps too.
>>
File: bit.jpg (91KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bit.jpg
91KB, 960x540px
>>900936
well stocked
>>
>>900712
/pol/ and fishing go hand-in-hand you massive cum guzzling fag
>>
>>900949
Pol is nothing but unironic Reddit 2.0. It doesn't even belong on 4chan
>>
>>900916
Will have to try this I've been meaning to catch a smelt on the ultra light rod
>>
>>900947
The whole section on the right hand side of that pic next to all the Strike Kings is supposed to be full of Rapalas.

Unfortunately they were probably all stolen and nobody at that Walmart does inventory so they won't ever get reordered.

And fucking nothing is in the correct spot.
>>
>>900939
Making $14/hour as a construction worker doing 12 hour shifts Mon-Fri while you have a CNA wife that can't manage money because she needs 2 bags of family size Martin's potato chips a day for snacks sounds like a nice life.

Just get an Associate's Degree in Busniess Management and become a supervisor at a factory or something. It's what I do. It's "blue collar" but I make good money, rent a house from a family member, own a boat, own a used pick up, got a cuckshed full of /out/ gear, etc.
>>
>>901031
Man one of my best friends got an associates in Business Management years ago and I have been yelling at that fucker to get a real job for years.

He was working in the back of a bowling alley making like $8/hr for 25hrs a week from high school until like 3 years ago when the place closed down. He sat around on his $150/wk unemployment for 2yrs and has done absolutely nothing the past 3 years. Now he's 27, still livin with his parents, and fucking signed up for classes at a real college next semester without knowing what he wants to do. And he is going to commute almost 2hrs each way daily for these classes.

I told the fucker years ago to just apply for whatever middle management position and if he would've done it years ago instead of sitting in his garage getting stoned, he could be making good money by now.
>>
>>900871
>paid $20 to deep throat a guy dressed as an octopus

FTFY
>>
File: IMG_0408.jpg (43KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0408.jpg
43KB, 368x500px
>>901046
>skid paid a guy dressed as an octopus $20 for the pleasure of having octopus cock inside him
FTFY
>>
>>900894
I use an old sock full of sour milo and tie it off so I can get it back
>>
File: smallie.jpg (29KB, 583x969px) Image search: [Google]
smallie.jpg
29KB, 583x969px
>>900953
>It doesn't even belong on 4chan
Zero logic behind that retarded statement. Politics is as valid a topic of discussion as outdoors is. /pol/ was even made 2 years before this board was.

>Pol is nothing but unironic Reddit 2.0
>>>/qa/

Anyway, I managed to catch this last night. If you want to continue this conversation please respond with dank fish pics.
>>
>>901046
>>901047
No a guy got an octopus on a hook and line and he said "dare you to eat it" and i said "for 20 bucks I will"
Asian looking guy named goddy. Nice dude.
>>
File: s-l1600321321.jpg (262KB, 1600x1062px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600321321.jpg
262KB, 1600x1062px
Larry dahlberg copied this lures action to make the whopper plopper.
>>
>>901049
I'm guessing that is for catfish?
>>
File: IMG_0003.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0003.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>901072
When you see a fish like that with a tiny eye compared to what it should be on a regular sized one, you know it's big.
>>
>>901072
Yeah. Milo, water, sugar, and beer in a 5 gal bucket. Let it sit with a gap in the lid for the gases after a couple weeks in the Texas heat it's ready to rock.

I scoop out enough to fill a plastic coffee can half way. Then fill an old sock half way and tie it with bank line and put it in the can too. Before I start fishing toss the sock in and tie it off then toss a bit of the loose chum in every 30 mins.
>>
>>901075
That, or it doesn't hunt by eyesight
Most catfish don't have very big eyes
>>
File: 275472586.jpg (62KB, 650x418px) Image search: [Google]
275472586.jpg
62KB, 650x418px
>>900395
I'm a respiratory tech at a hospital. 80% of my work is giving people breathing treatments, 20% running to the ER/ICU to help save somebody's life. I work 3 12 hour shifts a week Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and I'm on call for 6 hours Friday but get paid whether I work it or not. Overtime is available whenever I want it but not ever mandatory. I take home about $1,800 every 2 weeks. I rent out a 2 bedroom town house and drive a 2014 Meme Mustang. And I look more redneck/white trash than those people you're talking about. I dropped out of high school. I wear cheap Target/Walmart brand clothes. I got an ugly face. But it's all good. Proud to be a Texan.
>>
>>901088
10 and 1 baby. The year of the rookies.
>>
>>901088
>2014 Meme Mustang
I know it's dumb, but that's literally my dream car. 2014 is the last body style I like and I've been in love with mustangs since I was a kid.

Also, being a Texans fan is rough...
>>
>>901102
Texans fans are for liberals and Houston transplants. Can't be a true Texan if you aren't a Cowboys and Rangers fan. Also Texas > Texas A&M. Faggot meme Johnny Football shit.
>>
>>901112
Fuck UT with their faggot liberal protesters. ATX needs to get nuked.
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 750x1334px
>>901112
>Texans fans are for liberals
>Likes UT

Idk man who's the real liberal here.

>>901116
+1
>>
>>901118
What butt stock is that and does it come in black?

Also that better be a 30-30 laying down there.
>>
>>901121
http://www.luth-ar.com/product/mba-1/

I won that rifle at a free raffle at Ranch Bash. Pretty dope.

And no the lever gat is a .357 mag
>>
File: 1475321171139.jpg (103KB, 1000x746px) Image search: [Google]
1475321171139.jpg
103KB, 1000x746px
>>901088
I volunteer for hospice when I'm not at college just so my parents don't make me get a job. How do you deal with the feels?

I was the caretaker of this old guy dying of lung cancer. He passed away just 2 weeks ago I got to know him real well. If her were my age he would have loved 4chan man. We were watching the Cowboys game and he supported Romo all the way. Every time Dak came on the field he would go on talking about that nigger that took Romo's job stupid nigger he really couldn't stand niggers. He loved fishing. He said he went every weekend catfishing with his 2 sons. Sadly none of his family ever comes to see him. I started bringing fish every day that I caught and cleaned and we'd soak them in milk and talked a while then deep fried them and had dinner together. He was like a Grandpa to me. The first time I brought him come catfish fillets, he started crying saying it's been years since he ate catfish. Every time I left he'd go back to having a distant depressed look on his face. Was always in tears by the time I got in my car.
>>
>>901075
Catfish don't hunt primarily by sight like bass do
Lateral line is secondary for bass

Catfish use their whiskers to hunt
Lateral line is secondary for catfish
>>
File: image.png (55KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55KB, 882x1289px
>>901129
>>
>>901122
Nioce.

And fuck $140 for a fucking stock
>>
File: 123.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
>>901129
So you decided to share that shit on an anime board?
>>
>>901139
>4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images. 4chan's collaborative-community format was inspired by one of the most popular forums in Japan, Futaba Channel. Different boards are dedicated to different topics, from Japanese anime, manga, and culture to videogames, music, and photography.

This is not strictly an anime board.
>>
>>901146
Welcome new friend.
>>
>>901148
>using a term created by ~2014 /b/

Nice
>>
>>901150
'14 was a dirty year
>>
first time ice fisher along with mu buddy here. so are there any essential reads on ice fishing? also i bought a cheap ice house, 2 decent rods, 2 tip ups, ice spikes, some comfy warm gear, and using a coleman lamp as a cheap heater. is there any other important gear besides a fish locator?
>>
>>901154
A motorized auger and a handle of Crown Royal and you're all set
>>
>>900947
Is that a walleye?
>>
>>901044
you can't get any management position without a degree unless you have a serious in with someone.
>>
>>901197
or if you work your way up to it.
>>
>>901130
>>901086
Yeah but they are normally bigger than that at least
>>
File: image.jpg (566KB, 1200x1096px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
566KB, 1200x1096px
>>900934
>tfw I know this feel
It would be so cozy!
>>
File: dogma.png (220KB, 491x306px) Image search: [Google]
dogma.png
220KB, 491x306px
>>
>>901129
Damn... Nice of you tho
>>
>>901220
Hey skid would you like that?
>>
>>900731
>doing it to feed their children
Not so much here. Asians keep everything they catch. Undersized usually. I'm sure they feed off it but also sell to Asian groceries & restaurants. Was in an asian grocery last week. So many undersized fish but prices are insanely good on almost everything.
>>
File: IMG_1052.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1052.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Why is morning fishing such a shit compared to dusk fishing? I really think sunrise fishin a meme.
>>
>>901267
Eh it would be okay but felines have those thorns on their microdicks
>>901280
Which is a double crime; poaching and selling fish caught recreationally.
>>
>>901292
I've had my best luck with saltwater fishing at dawn and bass fishing at dusk.
>>
>>901315
Spines not thorns

Also depending on state laws it's not always illegal to sell your catch. Florida is pretty nice when it comes to those laws, Texas not so much.
>>
Are fishermen redpilled? I'm not talking about """""""fishermen""""""" like Pepsi I mean the people that do it for a living.
>>
>>901320
It's only illegal in prohibited waters, not Texas in general. I catch about 20 eater size channel cats a hour in some honey holes during spawning season and sell them.

There's a lot of bullshit that goes on in Texas with fishing and hunting regulations though. It's more complicated than the US Government or Holy Bible.

You need a commercial fishing license if you own a boat that is considered a "commercial fishing boat" regardless if you fish commercially or not.

Probably is hardly anybody has knowledge of bag/size limits and no warden ever attempts to enforce them. All they care about is making sure people have licenses. I was with a friend on his bow hunting boat and I knew that bow hunting was illegal on the body of water he was taking me to because I go there a lot. A Warden was at the boat ramp checking people for licenses. Thought for sure we were fucked. My friend was telling the Warden our plans of bow hunting and how he caught a 23lb catfish last month. Warden didn't even say anything.
>>
>>901320
Spines
They're still Ouchie though
But in a lot of places it's illegal to sell fish caught recreationally
>>
>>901326
>implying the big fluffy tail wouldn't make up for it
>>
File: deals.png (138KB, 718x410px) Image search: [Google]
deals.png
138KB, 718x410px
>>901139
Why keep so many? Just curious I've never kept more than what I could eat in one sitting
>>901280
That would be extremely illegal in my state

Reminder - there are some great amazon deals floating around right now everyone
>>
>>901321
What the fuck does that even mean?

And all those fisherman are either ex-cons or people who grew up with it and used to have a decent life but now their houses are in foreclosure and they voted for Trump.

>>901326
People mentioned selling the sneks to restaurants but I have a feeling to do it legally would require a lot of paperwork and FDA/IRS bullshit.

>>901317
Yeah bass seem to be much better at dusk. And peacocks seem to like mid to late afternoon, as well as most sneks I have caught.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
what species is this?
>>
>>901368
Dink Bass
>>
>>901368
Black crappie

That one has a real distinct ear spot tho
>>
>>901368
Actually lookin at it a lil moar, I could almost see a lil dink smallmouth or something. Crappie normally have a nice big and round dorsal fin and anal fin and are more white with dark spots instead of that yellowish color. Also more of a round body but still looks more like a crappie than a little smallmouth.
>>
File: IMG_1055.png (835KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1055.png
835KB, 640x1136px
>>901368
>>
>>901368
Rock Bass.
>>
File: IMG_1056.jpg (80KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1056.jpg
80KB, 640x852px
>>901379
I don't think I have ever seen one of those IRL.

When searching crappie-bluegill hybrid, this comes up too
>>
File: IMG_1058.jpg (30KB, 480x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1058.jpg
30KB, 480x254px
>>901379
The rock bass don't seem to have that crappie type coloring tho from whay I see online.

Pic related is a "Warmouth"

There are so many different bluegill types and hybrids but idk it Crappie can actually breed with any of them.
>>
>>901374
It's not a black crappie because black crappie have 7 or 8 dorsal spines and this fish has 10

>>901379
I live well outside the rock bass range so it's not that
>>
>>901381
i like that dead tooth
>>
File: IMG_1057.jpg (72KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1057.jpg
72KB, 640x480px
>>901385
4u

>>901384
Warmouth then?

Googling for crappie-bluegill hybrid does give some similar images but they could just be mistaken warmouth or some bluegill or sunfish hybrid.
>>
>>901387
I'm not gonna lie, this actually looks like a dank fishin spot with those submerged trees and stuff. I have never actually fished a spot like that but it would be a blast to throw beetle spins or lil cranks for crappie and fat sunfish.
>>
>>901330
>implying being a saint Bernard and fluffy everywhere with a non-spiny penis isn't infinitely better
>>901363
>would require a lot of paperwork
It would probably
>>901373
>>901374
>>901376
>>901379
The lot of you are thick
>>901368
Either a green sunfish or what's called a "warmouth"
>>
>>901387
Looks like I'll have to ask the guy down at the local tackle shop next time I'm there

He has an encyclopedic knowledge of all the fish species and subspecies and hybrids in the area
>>
File: DCIM__.jpg (52KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM__.jpg
52KB, 640x480px
some slabs
>>
File: IMG_1491.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1491.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>901368
Looks like a small rock bass to me. Pic related is one a grill I was fishing with last week caught. Note the black dot behind the eye
>>
>>901405
It's not a rock bass I live way outside of rock bass range
>>
>>901389
Up here in north florida almost every lake/pond I go to is covered in submerged cypress trees and lilly pads. It's fun as fuck for catching crappie and other panfish, tossing a minnow next to a stump is almost always a guaranteed hookup to something.

>>901404
tfw everyone calls 10 inch crappie slabs these days
>>
>>901416
We don't even have crappie down here. Saw the first catfish today since I have been down here, it was dying laying in the weeds near shore. Couldn't tell if it was a smaller channel cat or a larger bullhead (brown?). White belly but it was really dark on top.
>>
>>901381
God damn that's a pretty fish
>>
File: jpeg.jpg (53KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
53KB, 400x300px
>>901346
>to feed their families
or multiple limits
or not in the same state

> I've never kept more than what I could eat in one sitting

why not?
>>
>>901363
Florida is the best state for selling your catch in.
>>
File: DCIM_ _.jpg (104KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_ _.jpg
104KB, 640x480px
>>901416
>the table is 24" wide

what do you consider slab crappie? these are over 12"
>>
>>901392
>wanting to be a dogo
I can't trust you around pets. Would anyone here let this guy near their dog?
>>
>>901410
What state then.
>>
>>901429
Damn those are nice. I've never seen crappie anywhere close to that big IRL. Most of my pond crappie up north were like the size of fat bluegill with a handful closer to 10".
>>
Wat use for freshwater striper
>>
File: bump.jpg (84KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
bump.jpg
84KB, 960x960px
>>901436
to big to use for striper bait, might as well eat them..
>>
Why do crappie taste good but not something very related to it like bass?

What determines taste?
>>
>>901438
U talkin like the smaller white bass? I used to get those and yellow bass on all sorts of small cranks and grubs or whatever. Same shit as crappie or small bass. Haven't seen one of those things in years, there was one little lake near my house in IL that had em but never caught them anywhere else.
>>
File: IMAGE..jpg (182KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMAGE..jpg
182KB, 960x720px
>>901438
A-rigs
swimbaits
jerk baits
top water walk the dog type baits
live bait
>>
File: Flures.jpg (103KB, 640x450px) Image search: [Google]
Flures.jpg
103KB, 640x450px
>>901443
they are a more active fish.
>>
>>901444
Nah actual striper

>>901449
>swimbaits
>jerk baits

Will post results
>>
>>901443
Panfish with flat bodies like that always seem to give you the best tasting fillets for some reason but no idea why. Yellow perch still a best but overall smaller and flat fish seem to taste better than big long chubbies.

I'm guessing it's something with their muscle form and mass.
>>
>>901434
NC
>>
File: 31515315315353.jpg (197KB, 900x1001px) Image search: [Google]
31515315315353.jpg
197KB, 900x1001px
Not a bad Sunday. Took my boat out to the lake around 11AM. Cruised around for about 45 minutes because the weather so nice. Fished a couple spots but didn't get any bites. Loaded up and went home to watch the Saints game and ordered pizza. Not about what you catch. Getting out on the water is fun enough for me.
>>
>>901429
Those are slab af

What did you catch them on?

I caught a very nice crappie the other day on a 4" senko rigged on a 1/8oz slider head but my preferred crappie rig is a 1/16oz jig head with a 1.25" grub
>>
>>901429
14''+ is what everyone around here considers slab size.
10-13 inches is pretty damn common, espeically considering all the lakes here have a 10-12 inch minimum length to keep em.
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>901455
If they prey the same as ocean strippers then soft shads, soft eels, hard swimmers, torpedo top waters
>>
File: IMG_3613.png (1MB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3613.png
1MB, 1242x2208px
>>901458
Has them on your freshwater list. Idk, probably a hybrid if you're sure it's not a rocky
>>
>>901471
That's cause they're out in the western part of the state
I'm in the eastern part near the SC border

It's like if I wanted to catch trout I'd have to drive 4 hours
>>
>>901433
Why not? What would I do with them besides pet them?
>>901443
They do taste good. Fun too
>>901451
Are these flies? They look nice
>>901467
Probably
My go to for a new body of water is a white baitfish imitation, and the ex fly fishing guide I know said his go to was a white bucktail streamer about 4-5 inches long because everything eats 4-5 inch white baitfish
>>
>>901473
>Why not? What would I do with them besides pet them?
WEW
E
W

Sure thing skid.
>>
>>901475
I know what you're thinking and you're sick
>>
File: IMG_0527.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0527.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>901433
He offered to clean my house daily if I let him move in just so he could gtfo of Ohio and I said hell no because I fear for the mental and physical welfare of muh doggos.

>tfw you let the furfag move in and then have to explain doge's prolapsed anus to the vet
>>
>>901522
Cute rats. Post pics of your doges
>>
>>901542
ikr. literally the worst tier dogs, just above chihuahua's desu
>>
File: IMG_2394.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2394.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>901542
I had a dalmatian when I was younger but then she got old and had bad arthritis and stuff and her time was up.

Then no doge for a few years. And one day like 15 years ago my mom comes home with the cockapoo puppy. First thing I said was "Why didn't you just get a cat?"

The cockapoo isn't a bad size at all though. It is just big enough to be considered a doge. The smaller one, the Havanese, I would never want one that small again.
>>
>>901489
>the person who literally wants to be stripped of his humanity and transform into an anthropomorphic horse and get fucked in the ass
>calling other people sick
>>
>>901568
how old are you peps'? just curious.
>>
>>901572
Judging by those dogs he's a 50 year old woman
>>
File: u58wb8z20g8.jpg (100KB, 500x562px) Image search: [Google]
u58wb8z20g8.jpg
100KB, 500x562px
>>901542
About to be mine, just waiting for it to wean. Tiny little stupid fucker...
>>
>>901570
One is me saying "this impossible scenario might be cool" the other is you thinking of a dog being raped
One of these things is not like the other
>>901522
>He offered to clean my house daily if I let him move in
You forgot cooling, and that was only going to be for a few weeks till I get a job and could pay rent
>>
>>901578
naww he's a genetic abomination but he's cute
>>
>>901581
Mutts are usually the healthiest.
>>
>>901581
>genetic abomination
yeah he is and I'm not a doge person but my kid's landlord got one and it's the cutest little fucker. This will be my wife's but I know her sleep patterns and it will end up spending 90% of it's time with me. I work from home on the couch.
>>
>>901522
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>901542
I don't let him ride in the front seat usually, but this is right when I found him so he didn't even know his name yet.
>>
File: geeps_furE.png (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_furE.png
23KB, 261x195px
>>901583
you would know
>>
>>901572
He's 33
>>
>>901585
Do you have to drop off and pick up your wife's son from school too?
>>
File: IMG_0282.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0282.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>901572
>>901574
62 year old woman*

>>901591
Kek

Purebreds do have a lot of problems though. And big doges often have bad arthritis by the time they are 10yrs old which sucks because you don't want to put them down but they are in pain everyday and you can't just drug them up with opiates like you can do with human beans.

The little doges have been decent. The Cockapoo is getting old tho, not sure how much longer she has. A year or two ago it looked like she was on her last legs with kidney problems and allergies but then we got her on some new meds and it was like a whole new doge. She's still friendly as fuck and you can get her going even though she is like 15yrs old but she likes to get her sleep now. But she isn't a purebred, she is cocker spaniel and poodle mix so basically designer mutt. Only real problem with her is you gotta keep her ears clean which is an issue with all flappy eared doges like that.

And the small doge must be like 7 or 8 now? Maybe a year or two older, I can't remember but he is a purebred Havanese and he hasn't had any issues. He is a little bitch though. I play my drums and the Havanese runs and hides while the Cockapoo lays down by my feed with her head under the snare drum. Only cool thing about the Havanese is he liked to get stoned when I used to smoke. Cockapoo wasn't a fan but when I would hit the bowl the little Havanese would jump on my lap and get up in my face so I would blow it at him. One time I was smokin hash and blew some clouds into his face and he got so stoned that he just layed on his back with his legs up in the air and wouldn't move for about 2 hours. If I had weed in my pocket ever, he would come up and start sniffing at it and get all excited. It has been years since he got high, I wonder if he would remember it if I put a nug in front of him right now.
>>
File: IMG_2419.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2419.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>901619
I am?
>>
File: 20161106_195312.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_195312.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
we postin doggos now? the one on the left is a great fishing buddy, just hangs out, the one on the right is a pain in the ass, trying to eat the lure and chasing my cast.
>>
>>901627
Yes
>>
File: IMGP0843.jpg (741KB, 2048x1355px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP0843.jpg
741KB, 2048x1355px
>>901641
I only have a christmas-ruining cat. Loves fish though.
>>
>>901649
Cats are the best m8. Doggos are cool too but cats are easy to take care of and chill af.
>>
File: IMG_1064.jpg (1MB, 1666x2891px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1064.jpg
1MB, 1666x2891px
>>901644
Ok cool. Just making sure.

Florida has some interesting laws concerning bag limits. They don't have a minimum length on LMB or peacocks, but they actually have a max limit.
>Limit of 5 LMB
>No Minimum Size
>Only allowed 1 LMB over 16"
That's actually a great law for other anglers. Plus the little 12"-14" bass probably taste better than the 20" fish. But it's not like the minorities follow these rules so fishing is shitty anyway.

Also it's illegal to keep or kill grass carp since they were introduced as vegetation control.

Pls don't upload sideways...
>>
File: IMG_3994.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3994.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>901654
>>901649
Cats are terrible pets compared to dogs. But if you live in an apartment that doesn't allow dogs or don't have the time to properly care for a dog and give it the attention it deserves, then I will concede a cat is probably better than a goldfish.
>>
>>901590
Such a cute pupper
>>
>>901660
Cat, goldfish who cares they both make good bait.
>>
File: IMG_0807.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0807.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>901590
Pupper co-pilot a best co-pilot

Other doge isn't too bad but he likes to sit on my leg and hang his head out the window. He's small so he doesn't get in the way but one day he gonna fall out the window.
>>
>>901669
>was 8
>uncle took me to carnival
>we won 2 goldfish
>asked if I wanted to go fishing
>said yes
>used goldfish as bait

I was traumatized because I always wanted a pet fish but now I look back at it and laugh.
>>
>>901672
There's a small pond down the street from my house, it's off of I-95 right by the on-ramp where they dug up some material to make the overpass.

Anyway this pond is tiny and can't be more than a few feet deep with a sandy bottom. I fished there once and there are a bunch of little 10" largemouth. But somebody released a couple koi into there. A white one and an orange one. Both have to be 24"+ and because the water is so shallow you can see the bright ass fish wherever they are swimming around together in this little pond.

Small pond in my neighborhood when I was growing up had a big koi in it too but I it wasn't around that long. I'm guessing a cold winter took it out.
>>
>>901672
I had a carnival goldfish my dad won when I was 6. That fucker lived for 20 years.

The goldfish that is my dads still living.
>>
>>901621
lulz, yeah but he was mine too so it wasn't so bad.

+1 for the reference
>>
>>901670
it doesn't piss you off at all when the little shit tries to get on your lap when you're driving
>>
>>901664
He really is the best dog I've ever had too.

>>901670
Yeah but I'm scared I'll get in a wreck and he'll get fucked up in the front, so I'd rather him be in the back.
>>
File: 1471725568419.jpg (65KB, 480x411px) Image search: [Google]
1471725568419.jpg
65KB, 480x411px
>>901807
>Pro tip
>the dogs gonna get fucked up in any car wreck

They make harnesses that lock into seat belt plugs or whatever but I have no idea if they are good or not.
>>
>>901683
Maybe a bird snatched them out
>>
any of yall just watch the Chiefs Broncos game?

one of the best this season so far
>>
>>901856
I didn't watch the end cause Pasta's computer crashed
>>
>>901858
Chiefs' place kicker slammed the ball off the left upright and it ricocheted through for the W
>>
>>901658
Here in NC the creel for LMB is 5 as well with a 14" minimum (no max) but 2 of the 5 can be under the size limit
>>
>>901683
You should try to catch one of them.
>>
File: 35824697.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
35824697.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
Are Bayliners good boats?

I was at a sporting goods store and they had a rep there trying to sell boats. Was weird for this time of the year but I guess because of black Friday.

Anyways, they qualified me for a 15 year loan on an Element F18 at $187 a month. I pay more than that in cell phone and internet. I got on the boat (while it was sitting on a trailer in the parking lot) and it was very comfy. When I got home I viewed some videos of it on YouTube and it seems to drive well on the water.

I did some Google and Bayliner as a lot of mixed reviews. My main pet peeve is that I cannot stand fiberglass boats. You can't take them anywhere really to fish without getting stress fractures from bumping into timber or dragging through sandy bottoms. I have a small used aluminium boat that can take a beating and it's lasted 7 years. I've always considered fiberglass boats cruising boats and cringe whenever I see them marketed as fishing boats. But I did read some good reviews from some fishermen on forums owning Bayliner boats.

Should I go for it? I mean it's literally nothing. I spent more than $187 a month just stopping at 7-11 before work. I could cut back on that. Worst case scenario I don't like it and sell it taking a small loss. The options I chose are fully decked out. 115hp motor with power steering, stainless steel, t-top, VHF radio, live well, auto bilge pump, etc. It's head over heels compared to my old center console jon boat.

Only thing I didn't add was their pedestal seat for the front deck. It looked like trash and I want to buy a good comfy one that reclines and has lumbar support and stuff.

Pic related is similar to what I'd be getting but white hull. May remove the stainless steel package as I don't really like he railing.
>>
>>901885
Get a Carolina Skiff instead
>>
>>901891
Skiffs would get rekt in the big currents here.
>>
>>901893
Carolina Skiff makes some deep V hull boats
>>
>>901894
Are they under 30k? Wanting brand new. Don't want a used boat. 99% of people don't take care of boats and then sell them because they wonder why it won't start after sitting for 2 years. Or they'll run the shit out of it without ever doing preventive maintenance and drill a bunch of holes in it for accessories.
>>
>>901896
Yes they are and you can order it with the accessories you want so you don't have to go aftermarket

They're definitely worth looking into they've got all kinds of different hull designs many of which are made to handle open water while also maintaining a relatively shallow draft so you don't have to worry about wrecking your shit if you decide to take it into the shallows
>>
>>901897
Do you know any aluminium brands that sell brand new boats under 30k? Doesn't have to be center console but really don't want a bass boat either as I fish multi species and go out in the bay a few times a year for striper and flounder fishing. Doesn't have to be a saltwater boat. I take my little deep v out with a freshwater engine. I just flush it afterwards.
>>
>>901898
I believe Lund may have what you're looking for
>>
>>901898
>>901900
To expand on this my uncle has a couple Lunds that he keeps up in Lake of the Woods Minnesota which can get some pretty rough waters akin to anything you'd experience while fishing in a bay and they are aluminum v hulls with a relatively shallow draft
>>
Caught another 40+cm yellowbelly tonight.

Was a nice afternoon. Hundreds of little baby fish about the size of my pinky were schooling in the shallows. Made it hard to catch any fish because i was so busy watching them.
>>
File: IMG_0707.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0707.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>901763
Nah the little guy is so small that he doesn't really get in the way. He just lays or stands on my left thigh with his head hanging out the window. The bigger one will sit on my lap if I let her but if I just put her in back or in the passenger seat, she will chill there.

>>901841
Can koi handle the freezing water? The one in IL was the fish that wasn't around too long. The ones in the shallow pond around here are probably still there. They are too big for any birds to get.
>>
>>901963
Google says kio don't do cold well.
>>
File: 001.jpg (88KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
88KB, 640x480px
bump
>>
File: 00-1.jpg (102KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
00-1.jpg
102KB, 640x480px
>>
>>901900
Why does Lund always get shilled?

I worked at a dealership as a tean cleaning boats and they were always the most trashiest boats. It's basically cheap carpet put on plywood with cheap accessories. It's hull gauge isn't even as great as other brands. You're paying $30K+ for a /diy/ looking boat that offers no more features than a $17K boat.

I mean they are good boats, but they aren't as great as people freely shill them to be.

Basically all of the cheap aluminium boat brands like Lund, Tracker, Alumacraft, etc. aren't going to have really fancy features. And they are all about the same underneath. Don't listen to online reviews about anything related to boating. Because as another anon said, 99% of boat owners don't even take care of their boats, then go online bashing the company when something breaks.

Talk to dealers and marina owners online or in person. Ask for their honest opinion about what boats have they seen stand the test of time. Ask which boats do the hardcore out there every day/weekend fisherman have.

Typically, Alumacraft are the most popular boats around here for cheap affordable aluminium boats.

I personally like the comfort of fiberglass boats. Just something about them looks more aesthetic. I don't know how many rocks or logs I've hit but it's not going to do any harm trolling at 0.5 mph through them.

If you're an inexperienced boat owner, I'd always recommend aluminium boats. They are lighter and easier to tow, can run smaller engines to get the same speed and use less gas, they can take a beating, etc.

Just don't expect anything fancy. Even $50K aluminium bass boats look jon boat-ish to me.
>>
File: 211.jpg (59KB, 783x580px) Image search: [Google]
211.jpg
59KB, 783x580px
>>
File: weldcraft_boats_hero.jpg (32KB, 540x250px) Image search: [Google]
weldcraft_boats_hero.jpg
32KB, 540x250px
WELDCRAFT
>>
File: alumacraft-trophy-205.jpg (68KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
alumacraft-trophy-205.jpg
68KB, 640x426px
alumacraft
>>
File: 104248_0_070320091736_0.jpg (39KB, 606x309px) Image search: [Google]
104248_0_070320091736_0.jpg
39KB, 606x309px
valco bayrunner
>>
unrelated to fishing but anyone homebrew here? I got the ghetto setup goin on for some spiced hard cider that I'll be freeze distilling to about ~30% ABV.

Nothings better than sipping some warm cinnaminy apple brandy while letting some bait soak. Super comfy.
>>
Handled some enormous browns today
Anyone care to guess how big?
>>
>>902069
3 inches is pretty enormous for people on this thread
>>
File: IMG14.jpg (133KB, 756x504px) Image search: [Google]
IMG14.jpg
133KB, 756x504px
>>902069
did they steal your bike?
>>
File: _7-lb-brown-Large-1.jpg (385KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
_7-lb-brown-Large-1.jpg
385KB, 600x900px
>>902069
This big? Locally caught, not me.
>>
File: es3.jpg (51KB, 600x544px) Image search: [Google]
es3.jpg
51KB, 600x544px
>>
>>901885
Don't know about the boat, but I notice you don't really have a solid plan on financing.

Here's what I did.

Come up with a monthly budget that you want to spend on your boat. This can be your monthly payment, insurance, gas, accessories/upgrades, etc. I personally tie fishing into the budget as well because I only fish from my boat.

My monthly budget is $500/month.

So now when you finance the boat you want, you want to try to get the longest term you can so you can have low payments. I got a 20 year 7.5% loan but my credit was pretty bad when I bought my boat. With the loan and insurance, I pay about $225 a month.

That leaves me $275 a month for fishing. That includes gas, tackle, bait, etc. It's quite a lot. I go out about every weekend during the Summer and once or twice a month during the Spring and Fall.

Now whatever you don't spend, put it towards your principle to pay off your loan early. Like in the Winter months, I pay a full $500/month to my loan minus insurance.

That way your loans are small in case you get in some financial trouble and you can cut back on your payments without paying too little, etc.

I've had my boat for about 3 years now and have already shorted the term by 7 years and 8 months by paying extra on the principle. I should have it paid off within a few more years.
>>
>>902059
How do those work?
>>
File: IMG_3464.jpg (62KB, 733x331px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3464.jpg
62KB, 733x331px
>>902100
like most lures do, weight is towards the nose
the tail waggles. moves like a crankbait.

they dont lie flat when retrieved, swims similar to a flatfish for salmon.
>>
>>902076
If the filename is right on tour picture , significantly bigger
Females averaging around 6 pounds
And males as large as 18 but average being 10-12
>>
Where do all the sunnies and lil white suckers in streams go when it gets cold?

I haven't seen any sunnies the last few trips- let alone any fish on my hooks.
>>
>>902127
Shallow areas in the water near me
>>
>>902053
Because they're great boats regardless of your personal feelings about them
>>
>>902129
So are others. They aren't any better than Alumacraft or Tracker. Arguing so is just marking up their brand.
>>
This thread is dead slow for the past 36 hours. Did everyone die?
>>
File: IMG_0784.jpg (67KB, 550x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0784.jpg
67KB, 550x450px
>>902174
It just went back to normal after the Thanksgiving rush.
>>
>>902174
Back to work/school. Got shit to do
>>
>>902174
This is how it normally is
>>
>>902174
I'm in hunt mode right now so not much fishing being done.
>>
File: 11-28-01.56.19.jpg (324KB, 1730x1024px) Image search: [Google]
11-28-01.56.19.jpg
324KB, 1730x1024px
Almost finished with my first attempt st taxidermy on a fish; a smallmouth bass I caught earlier this summer.

Still needs paint work on the scales and eye. (usually you use a glass bass eye but I just used clay and paint)

Anyone else ever try this or have experience with it?
>>
>>902193
How the hell does this work?
>>
>>902193
Jesus Christ have mercy on that fish anon
>>
File: IMG_3623.jpg (61KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3623.jpg
61KB, 500x375px
>>902193
Why tho
>>
>>902195
1.) Cut the wal side along the lateral line from tail to gill plate, scrape out all meat, brain, guts, eyes, cheek meat, etc

2.) Soak in borax or a 50/50 mix of water and denatured alcohol (the latter is a better method but hard to get in Canada so I used borax)

3.) Sculpt a form from styraform keeping to the size of fish

4.) Sew skin onto form, stich up wall side

5.) Fix mistakes with clay, pin fins open and staple to cards until they dry in place

6.) Add eyes, seal fish using acrylic sealent

7.) Paint, add eye[s] (didn't have one)

8.) Mount to wood and hang on wall
>>
>>902197
-_-

>>902198
Because I like taxidermy, been doing mammals for years but never tried a fish until now (they are much harder)
>>
>>902205
>I like taxidermy
>been doing mammals for years
commence dump
>>
>>902207
I'm at my parent's place right now and don't have any on my phone sorry
>>
File: geeps_kh.png (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_kh.png
23KB, 261x195px
>>902209
you're gonna have to taxidermy your parents then, anon.
>>
>>902216
>he wants me to mount and stuff my parents

>>>/b/
>>
>>902216
>taxidermy your parents
2nd'ing this
>>
>>902220
in the interest of science tho, and embracing the craft and techniques of our tribal ancestors

>>>/out/
>>
>>902203
Damn I thought for sure there would be some crazy chemicals involved. Sounds like an art form trying to get everything to look right tho.
>>
>>901885
as someone who works in the boating industry, in 9/10 cases you're an idiot if you buy a boat. let alone finance a bayliner. don't do it.
>>
I'm thinking about stocking up on hares ears (I hear suckers love them) and some copper johns to get down faster and harassing the nimashillen for some suckers soon
>>902198
Pets slways turn out weird
>>902216
See above
>>902235
It is more art than science
>>
>>901444
You live in IL? Would you mind telling me what area? I'm in the NW suburb area near the WI border and it would be nice to know that there's somebody from around here who could give me some tips.
>>
>>902193
Dear lord anon
>>
>>902248
I used to live up there but moved a few years ago.

And idk what knowledge I could impart on you. I used to fish a ton when I was younger, then quit for 10+ years. And I picked up again a couple months before I moved down here. I mostly just ran Mepps and Rapalas around local ponds unless we were doing dip bait for catfish or dough balls for carp. And then river rigs with smaller minnows for Walleye in the Fox River years ago.
>>
File: IMG_20161128_115549755.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161128_115549755.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
Do you guys believe Christmas ornaments originated from lures and bobbers hanging from shore trees?
>>
File: 1478229909413.jpg (393KB, 1452x1452px) Image search: [Google]
1478229909413.jpg
393KB, 1452x1452px
>>902250
It takes time
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (34KB, 1282x723px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
34KB, 1282x723px
>>902259
>>902193
I think it looks fine anon. I think everyone's just having a go at you for fun. I'm not an expert but it looks like any other mounted fish to me
>>
>>902256
I believe it. I should go buy a 20pk of cheap red & whites to hang on my tree.

I always get pissed when I see bobbers around lakes because it means that minorities have been fishin nearby and keeping anything and everything they get to shore and there is a tangled heap or cheap 20lb mono somewhere nearby. Plus cheap bobbers are trash in my eyes but I have found at least 2 lures kinda worth keeping in the past year or two.
>>
>>902263
Admit you got some tackle in trees before. It only takes one noob to have a bobber or two even there for a long time.
>>
File: feesh.png (341KB, 513x323px) Image search: [Google]
feesh.png
341KB, 513x323px
>>902253
>I mostly just ran Mepps and Rapalas around local ponds

Yeah, that's more or less what me and my buddies do. Sometimes we'll sneak into the old rock quarries around here which can be bass heaven at the right times. I've always had trouble on the river but hopefully that will change soon once I get my boat. Yeah, I guess there's not a whole lot to learn around here but it'd be nice to know somebody with knowledge of the area. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>902263
>>
>>902270
>Those lures snagged in that netting

I'm getting flashbacks
>>
#104 drinking hour edition
>>
File: IMG_1078.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1078.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>902261
It's missing the action pose.

But I know if I were to attempt that, it would end up in the trash and not on my wall so I'm not gonna judge.

It would be cool to have a professional do one like pic related though. Find a nice 7lb+ fish and then mount a spinnerbait or Rapala with it. But I would feel bad taking the 7lb bass and feel guilty looking at it so artificial with pics and measurements would probably be the way to go.

>>902268
Of course I have. That Whopper Plopper is still stuck in a bush on the other shoreline of the lake down the street from my house. It is really easy to do when I'm going for sneks because they like to sit under overhanging trees and bushes.

>>902269
I mean I fished similar spots to what I fish around here. You gotta find lakes in like business or industrial parks. Places that nobody else would think to fish. Only thing that really changed moving down here was changing up the technique for the warm water most of the year.
>>
>>902277
Dubs confirms #105

I already did the one for #104
>>
When I get the inevitable surplus of gift cards this xmas, what are some good things to buy with them?

Also I slipped on my ass today. I did some nice climbing but somehow slipped later on where the land was just flat.

Slipped on leaves above flat rocks. No water/ice involved.

Was also skunked but I'm used to it.
>>
>>902280
New bread soon

Also I I no want fly fishing for pastebin? I've offered a few times and you never replied :u
>>
>>902284
Ignore the :u I dropped my phone on my face and it did weird things

>>902280
But seriously flyfisging thing
>>
>>902284
Type it and email it to me.

But try and do a good job, not like the

ridiculously long advice you give to people for simple tasks

with the most fucked up spacing
>>
>>902289
I will
Space
It however I
Want
And it will be full on autistic
100%
That's the only way to do it; reddington anon
Liked
It
>>
File: IMG_1065.jpg (110KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1065.jpg
110KB, 640x480px
>>902293
>>
>>902261
>I think it looks fine

Are you high?
>>
>>902289
Sent
>>
>>902193
what the fuck anon, that looks disgusting.

Let that poor thing go back to the earth. Holy shit.

'Taxidermied' fish aren't real fish, they are resin copies based of photos you send in to companies along with measurements.
>>
>>902608
There are 2 types, the type you mentioned which are best for saltwater, and natural skin fish.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 104

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.