[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /out/, Europoor here. How viable is a pellet rifle for home

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: 2.4916_2.jpg (15KB, 800x273px) Image search: [Google]
2.4916_2.jpg
15KB, 800x273px
Hey /out/, Europoor here.
How viable is a pellet rifle for home defence purposes?
>>
You'd probably be better off with a sword desu
>>
>>891813
If you keep a loaded one at hand and use it only at close quarters... it's gonna sting like a bitch. A strong pellet gun using pigeon hunting ammuniton aimed at soft parts of the body might actually do quite some damage.
I imagine getting shot by the strongest pellet gun i've used would be like getting stapped in the stomach pretty hard with a knitting needles.

So in short, if you're going to be putting some sort of weapon next to your bed, make it a baseball bat.

I guess it would be fine for shooting tresspassers in the calves, but that wouldn't exactly be self defence.
>>
>>891816
I meant stabbed obviously.
>>
>>891813
depends, as a german you might consider the FXAirguns verminator mk2D
shoots arrows OVER a barrel at 52 joules, it's just a toy in germany.
but an expensive toy at ~1500€
>>
If you put a laser light on the front, and buy a tactical looking one, just the sight of that pointing at you, with the guy on the other end screaming "U FUCKIN WOT M8" would probably deter most criminals.
>>
>>891813
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article109447147.html
>>
If you hit someone in a major blood vessel or the eyes with a decent pellet rifle, that'd be enough to seriously injure or kill them

still, if you're in yurop then I advise getting a baseball bat or a sword or some shit

Your armament isn't completely what matters, what does is that you act and that you act quickly and violently
>>
>>891813
it's not

get some mace
>>
>>891813
The upside of living in Europe is that if you have a legal weapon (I have a German hunting licence, but there are other ways) you are better armed than 99%. And probably better armed than 95% of criminals...
>>
>>891911
>If you hit someone in a major blood vessel or the eyes
in a home defense situation where some intruder is charging you it's almost impossible to get a perfect shot like that, it's not something you can depend on or trust your life with

>>891911
>if you're in yurop then I advise getting a baseball bat or a sword or some shit
I think he's better off going through the process of getting a real shotgun. I'm european and have a shotgun at home. The process of getting it was pretty easy for me.
>>
>>891922
I'm not saying it's an ideal weapon, I'm just saying that yes, with an incredibly lucky shot, an air rifle could be a lethal weapon
>>
>>891813

A gas pre-charged air rifle loaded with Prometheus pellets (plastic jacketed steel) can be lethal. My old Chinese army .177 pneumatic air rifle could put one through a sheet of corrugated steel from fifty feet, easily.
>>
>>891813
You'll shoot your eye out kid.
>>
top kek where do you live? either get a licence and a proper gun or invest in burglar proofing your house instead.
>>
>>891813
Just buy a crossbow.
>>
>>891813
depends on your ability to fight with it, nothing more nothing less. if you cant fight without a gun you cant fight with one, unpopular opinion but true. learn to fight in the first place, then learn how to fight other armed men with armaments. kinda like mario theres levels you know? youre better off without a gun but with experience fighting than with a gun and no experience fighting.
>>
>>891942

Those things are scary. Makes my rifle sound like center fire .22 rifle. Rounds breaks sound barrier every time with accuracy and penetration for days. Something I never had with my old air rifles.
>>
pellet rifles are not great

bows and crossbows are good if you have a homestead but not great if your home is indoors only.

sword is the way to go, or a short thrusting spear

tell us what country you're from. you can probably own guns. why are you even asking this question on /out/? it belongs on /k/.
>>
>>892111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0DLwa6OY8M&ab_channel=JoergSprave
Get this. Extremely accurate and you can also put the barrel back on and use it to shoot pellets if you want top hunt small game.
>>
>>891813
You'll piss him off just enough so that he caves your head in while you're reloading.
>>
>>892149
You do know that there are air rifles that are used for hunting buffalo and larger game, right? It's not 1990 where an air rifle is used to shoot cans in the back yard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS4ANd0NCQQ&ab_channel=DemolitionRanch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45fFgJipjOo&ab_channel=TeamWildTV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvOWU7WTPCI&ab_channel=TeamWildTV
There are also no restriction on air rifles in most countries, even anti gun ones. They are a toy in the eyes of the law for some reason.
>>
>>891934
>incredibly lucky

There was never a specific air rifle caliber discussed.
It is legal to take bear with an air rifle in Virginia.
>>
>>892163
I guess I could have finished the thread before I replied...>>892216
>>
>>891813
Dude in Brit land shot a home invader twice with a .177 rifle to get him on the flood and then a third to make him give up

Shit was pretty interesting and I believe the home owner said to a reporter that he should have used his .22, it would have saved him two shots or something
>>
>>892163
>1990

Motherfucking Lewis and Clark had one of those big air rifles.
>>
>>891813
if you are ever attacked by balloons it will prove an invaluable tool
>>
File: bb gun.jpg (9KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
bb gun.jpg
9KB, 311x162px
This
>>
File: 32948683.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
32948683.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>892235
Have you not seen
>>892163
>>892130
>>892240
Air rifles are unrestricted and can kill bears.
>>
>>891813
Most pellet rifles are one shit, and require two hands to reload.

You are better off trying to pass one off as a genuine rifle than to actually shoot someone, and if you do, you have one shot. And as soon as the assailant realizes that its a pellet gun, and you cant shoot again, your ass is grass.
>>
>>891813
Look at the latest videos of Jörg Sprave on JewTube and be blessed.
>>
>>892241
YOU'RE a big bore
>>
get a crossbow or melee weapon.
>>
>>892216
>There was never a specific air rifle caliber discussed.
no, but use some common sense here
an air rifle that can take down a bear is just as restricted as other high powered rifles, at least in Europe and OP was talking about this because he can't buy an ordinary rifle. I guess he doesn't have his hunting papers or whatever that you would need to buy such a powerful air rifle.

So yeah, I'm sure there are some monster air rifles out there. But that doesn't help OP or other people like him.
>>
>>891813
Not.
>>
>>891934
A pack of pub darts is lethal if you can guarantee "incredibly lucky shots".
>>
>>892223
Source? Is the home owner currently serving a life sentence for war crimes and stockpiling weapons of mass destruction? Is the burglar living on disability benefits in a 7 bed mansion paid for by the taxpayer and using "medical marijuana" on the NHS to treat his PTSD?
>>
>>892244
Only one shit, huh. That's no good. I require a weapon that provides at least two shits.
>>
>>891813
i suggest you'd just get a spear its perfect chokepoints
>>
well you can "defend" your home from rodent infestations and annoying birds (or eat them if you're desperate)
you can chase bigger animals such as dogs away without killing them
you can pester people without killing them, maybe they fuck off
you can shoot out things like lights or other equipment if that gives you some tactical advantage
it's cheap target practice and instructional tool if you want to teach someone how to shoot

keep it at home as one of your tools, but don't have something more lethal as defensive weapon
>>
>>892691
>but don't have something more lethal as defensive weapon
I mean you SHOULD have something more lethal, typo.
>>
It's really more of a matter for /k/, but first off, how certain are you that you won't be able to get a real gun?
As a European gun owner, I didn't find it particularly difficult to get a permit for hunting. A bit expensive, perhaps, but nothing too bad.
If you really cared about protecting your life with a gun, it stands to perfect reason that you'd do what's possible to get one, right? Now, even if you were to think yourself above hunting, chances are that practical shooting or western shooting federations are in place and recognised in your country. Join them for practice a couple of times, and you'll likely find yourself owning a gun within months.
I don't mean to sound condecending to any Yanks who might take offense, but gun ownership in Europe is a bit different from what you see on /k/; you're kinda expected to use your gun for something, maybe together with others, instead of shitposting about it and your plate carrier and going innawoods to fight black people/yellow people/Hillary/Trump/skinwalkers/the patriarchy... One isn't more right than the other, but the laws have been written around those cultural norms, and unless you can change it, work with what you got.

Second, provided you for whatever reason cannot get a real gun, are there unregulated alternatives available in your country? Bows, crossbows, spearguns? Either of those will be a fucksight more lethal than a regular airgun.

Third and last, NO, a regular air gun will NOT be something you want to use to save your life from someone who's desperate enough to assault you in your own home.

If you're getting burgled, chances are it'll happen while you're out of the house - Lower risk for everyone that way.
If someone breaks into your house and doesn't fuck off when you make your presence known (and you're not an ancient cat lady they can hush down), chances are they're not going to be deterred by what's basically a hopped-up airsoft gun.
>>
>>891813
Paintball gun with rubber bullets might be a better idea, find a model that is easy to modify for higher velocity and that is reliable in full auto.
>>
>>891813
bundle of fireworks + extinguisher/club for nighttime.

No-one wants to fight sheer chaos.
>>
>>891972
Underrated
Watch that movie every Christmas.
>>892582
4U
>>891813
Call your local police station and ask for guidance.
>>
>>892988
You forgot the myriad of dragon dildos hanging from the ceiling on strings.
>>
>>892659
I can't find it but get this the guy is called a hero for taking down the criminal who had a record of breaking into houses.
>>
I'd rather have a sharp stick or sword over an air rifle.
>>
>>891867
kek
>>
>>891918
did your cuck government give you those stats anon?
>>
>>891813
-Install decent locks
-Have a couple baseball bats or those damn paddles used in crickett placed strategically in your home
-build a slamfire shotgun (one that won't explode) and don't tell anyone
>>
>>891918
>>893679

almost.
2,86% (2,31 million persons) of the population of germany own 5,83 million guns legally
>>
How good are bats as self defense weapons? Seems very common. I am thinking about gettinf a machete (Already have a small aluminum bat) How good would that fair?
>>
>>893761
>How good are bats as self defense weapons?
if they have rabies they are scary
>>
>>893915
Thanks for answering my question.
>>
>>891813

Just by a pin strike flair gun and fire it at attacked after you bear maced him. Hopefully the mace is flammable and you are in for some pyrotechnics of note!
>>
>>893058
Aa well the couch made out of tickle-me-elmos
>>
File: 1470880436644.jpg (1MB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1470880436644.jpg
1MB, 2560x1707px
>>891813
QB78+straight hands+mod kit
There are claims around 700fps in .22
>>
>>894155
Podestas?
>>
>>894155
Shit, you just reminded me that I have a qb/xs78 in a cupboard somewhere. Never even got around to real modding it, just upgraded the hammer spring to up the fps a little.
Well that is something to play with this winter, i suppose. Cheers anon
>>
>>891813
worthless
>>
>>892659
I can literally feel your "it's political correctness gone mad" speech about to blurt out. Shut up, please.
>>
>>891813
Too much risk imho. A black powder muzzleloader gun/rifle would be a better choice. And much more manlier than a flimsy air rifle. At least you will die with a proper weapon in your hands.
>>
>>894155
mmm that looks like a delicious roast pig.
>>
>>892163
UK unsurprisingly has a restriction on airguns, something like 5lbs/fit for pistols and 12lb/ft for rifles.

No police actually check but if you are caught being a dick with it or hunting on private property then your likely to get shafted with a firearms offense.
>>
>>892699
spear gun is actually quite a valid choice, nice one for pointing that out.

I still think a juiced up .22 or 25. pellet could kill you if you powered it with a nail gun blank but i see your point, there are easier weapons to get hold of.
>>
>>894222
Don't forget to shoot FOR THE EMPEROR before you charge him with a baïonnette.
>>
>>894155
Is that a person?
>>
File: geeps_kh.png (23KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
geeps_kh.png
23KB, 261x195px
>>894330
mhm
>>
>>891813
Better off with a rubber band and a paper clip
>>
>>891813
>>>/k/
>>
>>894335
Where on earth can you get away with that?
>>
>>894710
A little Muslim country called Africa. Maybe you've heard of it.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.