[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 103

File: IMG_0010.jpg (272KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0010.jpg
272KB, 1080x1080px
#86-"Not Enough Hours" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>860063

Still have no time to go fishin. Outside of work and sleep, I'm still trying to finish cleaning out the old house and organizing shit in the new place. I doubt I will get out this weekend, maybe another week and I can try to hit some of these canals off the Intercoastal.

Pastebin and Imgur. Thinking about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin.
>>
File: muhhalibut.png (3MB, 729x2241px) Image search: [Google]
muhhalibut.png
3MB, 729x2241px
Spent a solid two hours reeling in this fucker in freezing rain and 7 foot waves. Then he decides to lockup sideways so I'm pulling in a fucking kite. Easily the manliest thing I've ever done.
Anyway, in case you don't know your flatfish it's a halibut, 109lbs, 69"
>>
>>861799
Welcome new tripfriend!

That think is sweet. Alaska? And were you in open water? How deep?
>>
File: 1474497727065.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1474497727065.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>be surf fishing
>catching a fucking dog fish every 20 minutes
>everybody that walks by thinks I'm catching a real shark
>have people wanting to take pictures with these fucking pests
>mfw
>>
>>861820
>fucking dog fish
They suck, especially the small ones. 3+ footers can be fun to drag in. Did you know that they are supposedly good eating and are being used for fish & chips all over UK?
Boats in Chatham are bringing in shitloads of them and shipping them over.

Cut off tail and let them bleed them out.
>>
>>861820
>pests
Are they invaisive or something?
>>
>>861851
No they just suck. Also, youre the guy that hates saltwater fishing. Why do you even ask then?
>>
>>861820
>everybody that walks by thinks I'm catching a real shark

But, they are real sharks, anon.
>>
>>861851
>invasive
>ocean
*face palm*
>>
>>861857
there are salt water species that are indeed invasive. ex: Lionfish
>>
>>861832
Cut the gills too so it doesn't get blood pooling near the head and it bleeds out faster
>>
>>861860
>are indeed invasive
I suppose this is true, at least to a point. I define, maybe incorrectly, invasive as a species that cannot naturally get to an area. Things have 'hitched rides' and travelled to faraway places since the dawn of time. Some survive, some don't, some flourish, others take over and hurt the ecosystem that previously existed. Does that mean they are invasive? Possibly.

I will concur that species/organisms that are brought to a new area they couldn't naturally reach, ie through ship ballast would potentially be invasive as well as species that were released into an area, ie marine fish purchased for an aquarium, and released into the wild.
>>
>>861794
Who is this girl?
>>
>>861874
I say if it can't walk or swim there of its own accord and isnt native to the local area its invasive
Even if it doesn't hurt much its not supposed to be there
I've had people call me an asshole trying to control nature for this but I'm not, I'm an asshole trying to restore nature
>>
>>861878
Sara Underwood
>>
File: DSCN5706a.jpg (1MB, 3028x1528px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5706a.jpg
1MB, 3028x1528px
I had some time to work on lures today. I strapped down a Dremel, cut a dozen spoons, and fired up the drill press. Now I just need to select some paints or whatever, come up with some designs, and finish these.

Then I have like 8 dozen more spoons to cut up and will need to do something with the handles too. I may still split the spoon bowls when I get some smaller treble hooks and dedicated cutting wheels. I'll be able to make anywhere from 324 to 432 lures, provided I order that many trebles. Highly doubtful I'll make that many.
>>
>>861921
See if the handles spin in the water
>>
>>861925
They are just raw material. I can spoon them and/or twist them so they will wobble or spin. They can also be used with other hardware like inline spinners.
>>
>>861930
have you tried the action as they are? if you shaved the sides of them so they wernt so wide they would be exactly like a normal spoon lure. Id assume they would work both ways though
>>
File: DSCN5650a.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5650a.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>861931
Yeah, I've tried them in many forms and have caught fish with pretty much all of them.
>>
>>861819
Thank you! I cought him in PWS AK on the Valdez arm near Bligh island. We were pretty far off shore, couldn't tell you the depth. Used a baby octopus
>>
File: DSCN5292a.jpg (2MB, 4096x1532px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5292a.jpg
2MB, 4096x1532px
>>861932
>>
File: pucci1.jpg (159KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
pucci1.jpg
159KB, 900x900px
>>861799
>>861933
That is pretty awesome.

>2 hours

MFW
>>
File: IMG_3547.jpg (699KB, 1965x2115px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3547.jpg
699KB, 1965x2115px
>>861799
Did you shoot it.
My grandfather has a 40ft Catamaran in AK and he has a little .410 that he shoots big Halibut with because they flop around too much.
I've reeled a couple in, they're pretty fun to catch.
Here's a 30lb King I caught a year back.
>>
>>861794
I didn't expect to fap when I opened this thread.
>>
Its crazy how there are millions of breeds of fish but humans have boiled them down to the 10 or so they like to eat. (cod, catfish, tuna, tilapia, flounder, etc)
>>
>>861857
Do sumn research. Lionfish are a big problem here since people released them from their aquariums.

>>861878
>>861878
>>861954
Google "Sara Underwood Yoga"
>>
File: IMG_1686.jpg (154KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1686.jpg
154KB, 1080x1080px
>>861878
>>861954
>>
>>861799

Alaska sounds like a dream, man. What saltwater species do they fish for up there? Besides halibut and salmon of course.
>>
If scent doesn't matter then why do nightcrawlers catch the most fish?
>>
>>861990
who ever said scent doesn't matter? Why do you think night crawlers and minnows are so successful?
>>
>>861990
No one has ever said that
Ever
>>
>>861984
They also have monster lingcod, kelp greenling, and rockfish. It's basically california on steroids. (without tuna)
>>
File: cent.jpg (51KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
cent.jpg
51KB, 600x316px
>>861990
>If scent doesn't matter
I think you're confusing live bait scent with pic related.
>>
>>862023
I have a bottle of that shit at a lake sitting on this electrical box a few months back. Tried it a couple times and didn't notice any improvement.

I don't think largemouth search for food by scent anyway. Catfish would be a different story. Bass find prey visually and with sound/vibration. But when they do grab the bait, I think the scent makes them hang on for a bit longer.
>>
>>862028
I had this homemade petroleum jelly and anise oil mix I bought from a bait shop that'd catch crappie like mad. I wish I still had some.
>>
>>862028
Catfish hunt with smell and taste. They can taste items without biting them, even at a distance of 15 feet or so. Channel cats have a higher sense of smelling than any other freshwater fish in America, unless you count an eel as a fish.

Can't tell you anything about bass though. I'm not a hobbyist. I fish for food.
>>
>>862023
Agreed.

>>862028
>>862032
>Catfish hunt with smell and taste.
>Catfish would be a different story.

Channel catfish go a lot by scent since they are also scavengers, in comparison to other freshwater varieties. It is best to use non-fresh dead bait (not rotten just a bit "off") instead of anything store bought. The other species of freshwater catfish are attracted to live bait or fresh cut better than off odors like channel catfish. Flatheads are almost exclusively live fish hunters.

Everything else is really hit or miss. Since channel catfish tend to group together, you can chum a section of the water and pull them out all day long. Another thing, since channel catfish are scavengers, it means they eat higher predators and parts of them. Because of this, they have more pollution built up in them, usually more mercury.

>bass

Scent is nearly worthless for them. Bass are all about movement even more than sound or vibration, except for surface splashing. As far as how long the fish hold onto the lure/bait isn't really up for debate. A strike is a strike. Anything else is a miss the fish miscalculated and the hook fouled in the wrong place or you were not paying attention.

>>862030
Panfish are one of the few exceptions for scented baits. This is because they will go right up to the bait and actually sniff at it and tentatively nibble it. That is why small invertebrates work so well for them. They will trail a rooster tail the entire length you reel it in and might nibble at the feathers on the end. A bit of the right scent may just embolden them to strike.
>>
>>861938
My arms were pretty numb afterwards
>>861951
I used a barbed spear to kill him and pull him in. And awesome catch! Next summer ill be working at a weir on the copper river monitoring the kings
>>861984
I worked on a commercial salmon boat one summer and aside from the millions of pounds of pink salmon we also got reds, sharks, rockfish, and crabs in the net
>>
>hooked several ladyfish
>didn't land a single one because they threw the hook even though I got a solid hookset

They literally jump several feet in the air and shake off the lure before I can bring them on to the pier. I'm gonna have to use my spooltek next time.
>>
>>862055
keep your rod tip down and pull forward when you think its about to jump
>>
>>862050
fuck you now i want to go eel fishing , because i have tomorrow off of work, but dont have any of my gear set up and have no one to go with, plus i dont necessarily want to go out in my kayak alone at night on the river
>>
File: IMG_0018.jpg (416KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0018.jpg
416KB, 1080x1920px
>spent hundreds on rod and reel, plastic bait, lures, in debt, mortgaged my house just to catch this on a stocked lake

t-thanks pepsi
>>
>>862055
Point the rod at the fish when it jumps
>>861967
Go saltwater fishing Pepsi holy hell
>>
File: IMG_1216.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1216.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862073
It was all worth it

>>862083
When I was moving, I ended up grabbing the 3 rods I gave to my lil bro before he breaks them since he hasn't been using them much. One is the Bass Pro catfish rod and that will be a decent saltwater rod. I put 40lb braid on it and the thing is 7'6" or 8' and longer than all of my stuff.
>>
>>862073
no regrets right?

>>862087
is that a fresh catch? things a chunk
>>
>>862087
Pepsi
Grab a bass rod with 20 pound power pro
Then cast a Jughead and zoom fluke or a ratltrap or something in that canal
>>
>>862055
Ladyfish are so fun to catch. They fly in the air like little rockets when they get hooked.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 640x960px
>>861794
Can I get that pic without the lettering?

Thanks peps
>>
File: Learn Morse Code.jpg (105KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
Learn Morse Code.jpg
105KB, 1024x782px
What are some good places for bay/inland fishing? I mostly take trips to the Chesapeake Bay and southern New Jersey around Cape May. Thinking of moving to Virginia Beach. Housing seems cheap there for small fixer uppers.

Any good road trips for the east coast? Got a new job and get 4 weeks of vacation a year compared to 1 at my old shithole. Want to travel more. I like flounder fishing, shark fishing, etc. Sea bass is overrated meme fishing just like every other bass fishing "sport"
>>
>>861967
>>862116
>>
File: IMG_4662.jpg (1MB, 2291x3055px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4662.jpg
1MB, 2291x3055px
I kept this trout today, tomorrow I'm going down to the river to smoke it & eat it. Got him on an all-brass colored blue fox.
>>
File: gate2536 1.jpg (46KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
gate2536 1.jpg
46KB, 700x700px
Long time catfisher here. I recently moved to the beach and was wanting to get into some inshore fishing, speficially flounder fishing, but pretty much want to have fun catching whatever. I bought a setup last weekend and was wondering if I did good. I had no idea what I'm getting myself into.

I got a Penn Battalion Inshore for $100. It's 7' medium-light extra fast action. I got the Penn Battle II spinning reel to go with it for another $100. I go the 2500 size. I went with flurocarbon line and got 15lb test P-Line Floroclear since it's what was cheapest in the store.

Here's the part I'm posting about. I bought an assortment of different saltwater hardbaits, and I have no idea how to use them. Do you just cast them in and wait like cut bait? Do I need sinkers on the line? I bought different baits that look like minnows, shad, mullet, shrimp, etc. But each one says they're a different bait like popper, trolling, trap, etc. What do these mean?

Also, what type of fish I could I be catching with this gear besides flounder?
>>
>>862131
>Rod & reel
You did good, medium light is plenty for most fish you will hook, though medium is used more often. Eventually you might want to try some 20lb braid as well, but it's really a personal preference thing.
>Lures
Most lures are meant to be cast out and then retrieved. The shape of the lure causes them to have realistic swimming action. Poppers float on the surface and disturb the water, drawing strikes. Lures with a clear "lip" or "bill" on the front dive to a certain depth when retrieved, bigger bill with shallower angle means deeper dive. If you post some pics of the lures I can tell you more about how specific ones work.
>Fish
Not sure where you are exactly, but striper and bluefish are saltwater species that are probably in your area.
>>
>>862131
Go to a local tackle shop and tell them your setup and ask them what lures to get and what you could target aside from flounder with your setup
>>
>>862120
heres your (you)
>>
>>862171
So since flounder hunt on the bottom, I'd want to use a lure that dives down?
>>
File: saltwatermullethardbait.png (650KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
saltwatermullethardbait.png
650KB, 1366x768px
>>862171
Here's one I got. It's a 5/8oz sinking mullet hardbait. All I know about it.
>>
I bought two meme-meps lures spinners.. Cause they where on sale for 3.73$ so I got two and a new rod.

One is a pretty standard one, with a silver blade. And one is a plastic minnow with a silver blade.. I have a feeling I should of got a different color instead of this weird ass minnow one. Cause haven't caught shit on it yet.. And the other one is still unopened lmao.

Know what else... I haven't caught shit on that h20 swim bait yet either... Or my popper. What the fuck. Im just gonna stop buying hard lures... I had some divers/swimmers that ive all lost now with the plastic lips.
>>
>>862171
Watching a lot of videos of people fishing, they use things like these, and put "gulp" on them are small strips of cut bait.

Oh, and I moved to Wilmington, North Carolina.
>>
File: whatarethese.png (107KB, 400x385px) Image search: [Google]
whatarethese.png
107KB, 400x385px
>>862205
Forgot the pic
>>
>>862198
Flounder hides in the bottom waiting to ambush prey above them. They will go a quite long way off the bottom to strike a target after spotting them. Use a lure that will reach and suspend near bottom but not completely drag on the bottom. They have better vision ranges above them rather than directly horizontal and under due to the way their eyes are located.
>>
File: concrete_sinker.png (6KB, 438x299px) Image search: [Google]
concrete_sinker.png
6KB, 438x299px
im thinking about making some concrete sinkers, anyone ever try this?
>>
>>862231

Concrete isn't a very smooth surface. It'd snag and fray your line when it gets twisted around.

My uncle saves soda cans and melts down into sinkers.
>>
>>862234
if the lines not touching the concrete would it fray it? i'd probably only use these for drop shot rigs
also im thinking i'd make fist sized balls so i dont think theyd get snagged too often, but im not sure
>>
>>862073
Why are you guys always dragging your fish around on the ground?
>>
File: IMG_9211.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9211.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862239
It shows em who the boss is
>>
>>862198
Flounder actually hunt by site so sunny day, colored beads, squid on a hook and weight to hold it down. Reel in slowly and bounce it along the bottom.
>>
Watched a guy fight what we could only speculate was a brown shark for over an hour yesterday. Long story made short it ended when trust fund d-bag in Daddy's boat sees he's go a fish on and the fish has run into channel. D-bag comes up within 40-50 feet yelling at guy to not fish from the jetty because he needs to go through it, then takes boat and circles until he cuts the line, then heads off the way he came from.
I felt pretty bad for dude.
>>
>>862271

Never had that happen before, but I used to take my kayak out in the bay and there would be d bags speeding right past you creating huge wakes. Pissed me off. If I could afford a gun, I'd be in prison right now
>>
>>862274
I've nailed a dude on a jetski with a 1oz jig before lol
>>
>>862276
i clotheslined some guy who kept going throgh the breachway at full speed back and forth, Totally unintentional but hilarious when my line and another dudes lie snagged and the jetski got all wrapped up
>>
>>862271
>takes boat and circles until he cuts the line

Wow, what a fucking moron for 2 reasons.

1: reprisals, he may find his boat sunk later that week. being an ass has some wicked karma returns when you do it publicly.
2: you never know what type of bad ass line people are using. I've seen people use 50 feet of steel cable. Which I'm sure wouldn't be so nice to have wrapped up in your boat props.
>>
>>862276
>>862287
So, like where was your common sense & courtesy and theirs that day? Because I always watch traffic and I don't cast where there is traffic or will be traffic. I also don't go near places where people are fishing, not just for the line, but because I don't want to "disturb the fish".

It is just one of those things, like never ever casting across someone elses' line.
>>
>>862291
it wasnt me that casted across the breachway and snagged someone elses line, i also wasnt the one to reel it in right before this dude came past for the uptenth time
it was some nigga on the other side of the breachway

still doesnt mean i dont find it halarious, an it

have you never fished a breachway? theres traffic every 2-3 minuites, but thatd where the fish are,
people fishing it are smart enough to reel in ines when they think it will interfeer ith boats, and people on boats are usually smart enough to go through the breachway slowly and in the middle the best they can

thick guy in the jetski was going back and forth through the breachway at full speed like an ass hole preventing people from fishing
>>
>>862291
>>862298
if youre going to bring a boat or jetski up a breachway atleast be smart enough to go somewhat slow so you can give the fishermen the time to reel in their lines
>>
>>862298
>have you never fished a breachway

No, because there's traffic every 2-3 minutes, niggas from the other side cast across my lines, and morons on jetskiis who go back and forth at full speed to prevent me from fishing. Common sense dictates that I fish other places where the fish are so I can get fish while not getting tangled up in drama.
>>
>>862302
you aso catch a shit ton of fish, and chances for some big ones too
>>
>>862291
There's only a handful of spots on that lake where shore fishing is easily accessible, so there's a whole lot of lake he could use. But this dude on the jetski kept on screaming by and trying to spray me. I know it was still kind of a dick thing to do, but I don't feel bad about it.
>>
>>862276
I once saw a guy drive a boat infront of the abalon peir and nearly cut everyone's anchor line
One guy threw an 8 ounce pyramid sinker at the boat, nearly hit the driver
When the boat came back he kept his distance. I tried to tbroe my bucktail to hit him but landed 10 feet short
>>
>>862390
I followed/hunted a guy stealing crabs from marked traps in the keys once. He noticed I was on his ass. And speed off towards the open waters. And about a mile out. Something went wrong and his shit caught fire. So me and the boats owner pulled up right beside him and the boats owner goes "karama is a bitch" we put the fire out but his shit was toast. And towed him back to dock. Where a fish and wildlife van so happened to be at. And he got ticketed and a court hearing.
>>
File: IMG_1124.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1124.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>862304
>shit ton of fish, and chances for some big ones
THIS.
The channel goes from Nantucket Sound into a bay and up a river. I caught a 24" blue last week and got nailed by something huge at the edge of the bay. Super rip on the far side of the fishing platform. Insane blitzes of bunker get pushed into that channel and against the sand bar on the far side just behind the rip.

Image toward Nantucket Sound
>>
File: IMG_1160.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>862402
towards fishing platform & bay
>>
>>862400
People are cunts
Good thing karma is a thing
>>
>>862406
I dunt believe in karma actually. Just skill and a little bit of luck.
>>
>>862304
I always catch a shit ton of fish though, regardless.
>>
Man salt water fishing sure looks like a challenge :'^)
https://youtu.be/zA5mn423F9g
>>
>>862239
never touched the ground, promise
>>
File: 8330.jpg (113KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
8330.jpg
113KB, 1024x681px
This place is dead. I've been in a tractor for 2 weeks, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week fishing vicariously through you guys. Anyone catching anything?
>>
>>862562
I'm going to try and finish up some moving shit this weekend. I need to clean out my old place, steal some racks from the closet there, and then finish organizing my kitchen and bedroom over at the new house before I can think about getting line wet.

I really wanted to get some of that shit done this week. But it's hard to take on any big projects getting home from work all hungry and stink at 6pm when I have to be up at 4am.
>>
File: image.jpg (193KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193KB, 640x1136px
>>862562
>I've been in a tractor for 2 weeks, 14 hours a day, 7 days a week

Fuuuuuuck that. I was in ours for a little over 8 hours today and I'm already sick of this thing.
>>
>>862581
>TFW open cab
It was 93 here today. I'm still wearing a hoodie from this morning. The cab of my tractor is 62 degrees.

Deere's IVT, autosteer, a/c, cab filters, satellite radio, leather seats, Netflix streaming on the console...I spend a lot of time thinking about what my family before me went through. We've got it easy man!
>>
>>862586
>>862581
>just saw the wiper....

Well at least you've got that going for you.
>>
>>862586
>Deere's IVT, autosteer, a/c, cab filters, satellite radio, leather seats, Netflix streaming on the console

why would they even bother putting all that shit in there, wouldn't it just be easier to make it self automated?
>>
File: IMG_2458.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2458.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>862581
Pics of the office?
>>
File: image.jpg (329KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
329KB, 640x1136px
>>862586
>>862587
>>862586
>>862587
Damn that sounds so nice. I'm content with just A/C and a radio though, I would probably get distracted and just end up watching whatever show I had on. I also only use the tractor like twice a month and usually only for a day, so I can't complain too much. I honestly don't know if I could spend all day in an open cab. That would be terrible.

>We've got it easy man!
Now if they'll just make a machine that'll halter break cattle my life will be even better.

>>862596
This is normally my office lol.
>>
>>862593
They did. The first farm to receive it did just what I would have done. They set up the tractor to plow the field, started the tractor on its way, got out and sat in chairs, and posted the video of themselves violating the end user license agreement to the internet. Deere stopped release/production immediately.
>>
>>862414
I believe in karma but its faster if you make karma happen
>>
>>862596
>>862603
Also I put the satellite radio, ipad, internet, and autosteer in it myself. Also 2 blindspot camera monitors. Honestly most of the family run outfits similar to ours are set up the same, it's pretty common.
>>
>>862603
You ever see the movie Interstellar? I was thinking something along those lines.
>>
mfw try to be classy and pronounce it croppy
>>
File: 1452545470763.jpg (18KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452545470763.jpg
18KB, 499x499px
>>862632
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Today's catch.

Can't wait to get home, he's gonna be good with some sautéed veggies and rice. Nom.
>>
>>862638
>tfw fish touches both posts on the battery
>>
>>862562
You need one of these in your life.
>>
>>862653
I have the third one from the left about 20 years ago.

>dat motoroil worm
>>
File: 9872.jpg (67KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
9872.jpg
67KB, 720x960px
>>862640
kek
>>
Throwing a spinnerbait for the first time tomorrow. Anything I should be aware of?
>>
>>862683
The hooks are sharp and be careful of it
>>
>>862667
You can tell by the look on his face he knows he looks like an idiot but he doesn't care

I don't know who this guy is but I like him
>>
>>862656
I think everyone now over 25yo owned that one.
>>
>>862709
22 and had all of those. Grandma probably still has them in her attic.
>>
>high as fuck at friend's house
>want to fish
>no pole
>no recent pics of fish to post
>just got the idea to repost this

I didn't have any bones in the top fillet. Maybe I did it wrong.
>>
>>862716
Your friends know you filleted that pike wrong.
>>
>>862638
>get home
>start to fillet my redfish
>godawful smelling green goop explodes out when my knife is halfway down its spine

It had an absess or something, I've never seen this before on a fish. There was just... a giant cavity filled with infection above and to the right of its spine about 1 1/2 inches across and an inch or so wide.

Threw it all away. Can't believe that, it looked like such a healthy fish.
>>
>>862731
>Threw it all away
Good call
>i've never seen this before on a fish
Me neither
> it looked like such a healthy fish
did he fight weird?
>>
>>862732
He definitely didn't fight as hard as I'm used to seeing from drum that size
>>
>>862716
2/2, got busy

>>862728
Do you have a better way?
>>
>>862737
> Do you have a better way?

I wish I lived anywhere near pike ;_;. I'm currently living in California so no pike for me for a long time. Sucks because it's my favorite fish.
>>
File: 741.jpg (29KB, 436x437px) Image search: [Google]
741.jpg
29KB, 436x437px
>>862741
catch barracuda instead
>>
>>862744
> ranging from the Eastern border of the Atlantic Ocean to the Red Sea and Caribbean Sea

No Barracude for me anon. My dream fish right now is a Lingcod, but I'm fishing from the shore, so that's probably not gonna happen. I'd probably be the happiest man on earth if I caught a nice striper.
>>
>>862736
There is the warning
I probably wouldn't have thought much of it either but im going to think twice about keeping a fish that doesn't seem to fight like it should from here on
>>
any troutbros want to give a pleb bassbro any insight into the types of rigs / lures / bait used to catch some sick trout

also is every trout except rainbow trout shit for eating?
>>
What's a good rod action and power for throwing 1/16 to 3/8 oz baits?

Going for largemouth btw
>>
>>862752

Medium light. I would go with a fast tip unless you are planning on throwing mainly exposed/treble hook baits on it.
>>
>>862753
Thanks I was thinking something fast as well so I don't lose or gut hook fish with a slow hook set

I'll be throwing jig heads with small plastics so nothing with treble hooks or a big ol' hook sticking way out
>>
>>861951
that's a killer spring anon almost tyee
>>
>>861799
nice fish love salmon and hali fishing...I like to go to Kitimat and Prince Rupert in BC.
>>
File: pixle2016_10.jpg (184KB, 960x717px) Image search: [Google]
pixle2016_10.jpg
184KB, 960x717px
>>862731
did you open the stomach? I like to dissect them to see what they ate.

>>862747
Ive gotten lings from the shore a bunch up in the shelter cove area. caught a few in marin county and the big sur area also. dont be afraid to throw towards the rocks. you will lose rigs but its worth it for the reward. lots of cabezon, grassies, bny's and wrasse also live there so it worth the effort.
but why dont you just go out onna boat and get limits on lings? dem reefs are on fire cuz elnino.

btw: stripers are easy to catch right now, you must be going to the wrong place because it is blowing up right now.
>>
File: UCM060437.jpg (164KB, 1549x700px) Image search: [Google]
UCM060437.jpg
164KB, 1549x700px
>>862747
sorry i'm drunk, also this > http://marinebio.org/species.asp?id=44

having caught both, they fight the same fight truthfully..
>>
>>862731
Was the absess milk like in texture? Or cream?

Un related sorta. I remember skinning the pelt off a squirrel and finding these weird ass like 2mm long white grub looking things.... In its fucking skin from the underside. Probably parasites of some sort. Never the least I let my buddy take that pelt home with him...

Ive also seen tumors and white spots on kidneys. Oddly enough these issues are like x10 more common around gulf courses.. I suspect its the water their drinking and the chemicals.
>>
Found out one of the guys that hangs out where we fish does taxidermy. Really cool process. Shame the meat goes to waste.
>>
>>862846
Yeah. I've met a few people where if you take a nice picture and deliver accurate measurements (girth, length, etc) they don't need the actual fish to mount it and you can let it go or eat it
>>
>>862868
yeah but is that really the same?
>"Nice fish, did you catch that?"
>"Well, uh, no but I caught one just like it, that's a fake"
>>
>>862846
>>862884
Forreal? I've never heard of mounting the actual fish. Every time I've seen fish taxidermy you either send in the fish or send measurements and photos and they make an exact replica out of synthetic materials.
>>
File: IMG_1362.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1362.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862793
That's fucked up about the golf courses.
>>
File: spinnerbait.jpg (70KB, 596x383px) Image search: [Google]
spinnerbait.jpg
70KB, 596x383px
has anyone ever caught something on one of these? i've never met anyone who has and i cant imagine what fish it would catch
>>
File: IMG_0559.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0559.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862896
Hungry and active bass in the spring and fall really like them. Plus you can run them around weeds or cover without them getting hung up too bad. Sneks like them too. They look like a small group of baitfish and draw a lot of attention.
>>
File: IMG_9874.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9874.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862896
And here's a bass with one sticking out of its mouth.

Depending where you live, you have to use them at the right time. With the warm water near me, they are too big and flashy to use a lot of the year because the bass are lazy and trying to conserve energy, they don't want to chase a school of fish around even if it means a big meal. They will do work in Jan and Feb though.
>>
>>862793
>I remember skinning the pelt off a squirrel and finding these weird ass like 2mm long white grub looking things

Those are warbles. Don't google images search that. Very common in squirrels.
>>
File: image.jpg (268KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
268KB, 640x1136px
>>862896
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1536x2730px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1536x2730px
>>862896
I could go on for awhile...
>>
File: IMG_0030.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>862911
>>862912
I still haven't seen a blue and white one like that. Closest I got was the Sexy Shad, some have a bit more blue in them.

I'm also still looking for an all chartruese one with chartruese blades but haven't seen them in stores except for one time. I was at the Dolphin Mall Bass Pro with Miami anon and saw the perfect one but was already buying like $50 worth of crap so I put it back. Then when I went back there, they didn't have them anymore.

It's easy to find the Booyah Pond Magic ones with Chartruese blades, but not larger ones. Barely anybody does painted blades and none of the larger ones are chartruese. I did find these Terminator ones with the two wires and blades painted chartruese but not the same.

I would be stoked if I could find that black and chartruese Pond Magic color in a full size one too. I had really good luck with that.
>>
File: Sq_all_06.png (187KB, 1200x436px) Image search: [Google]
Sq_all_06.png
187KB, 1200x436px
>>862900
I googled it.. Interesting didn't know about that. Also found this picture...
>>
>>862896
I wonder if these would work in saltwater, specifically with pelagics
>>
File: IMG_20160924_081106.jpg (268KB, 800x1067px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_081106.jpg
268KB, 800x1067px
The Mepps does it again

Shitty pic but I hooked this frog today. He must've literally tried to eat it because he was hooked right in the mouth.
>>
>>862937
I bet they would. I have been wanting to try those and inlines. All they do is mimic a school of baitfish. I don't think they are the greatest clear water baits though.
>>
File: IMG_4675.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4675.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>862750
I don't know where you heard that, I've caught and eaten brook, brown, rainbow, and cutthroat trout and they all tasted excellent. Trout will hit a wide range of lures. Usually something in the 1 to 3 inch size range, since their mouths are not as big as bass. The most common lures are inline spinners. The combination of flashy metallic color, vibration, and motion will often draw a strike from the fish. Spoons are another popular choice. Kastmaster and phoebe spoons are the ones I use most. Sometimes, the fish will want a more realistic presentation. I've had success catching trout on small crankbaits when they weren't hitting anything else. Another choice that gets neglected a lot is the jig. A 1/64 to 1/8 head (or more depending on depth and current) with a grub, paddle tail, craw, or other plastic will have a good chance when the trout aren't as agressive. I don't bait fish for trout much, so IDK about that.
>>
>>862917
I'm 95% sure that's a strike king or booyah skirt that I bought separately and replaced the white skirt on that spinnerbait.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (333KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
333KB, 1600x1600px
>>862937
wahoo bombs
calico slayers

people use similar but not bass types.
pelagics will straighten those things, youd need the muskie versions, not the 040 size
>>
>>862888
yeppers, they cast a mold of the actual fish, then cut the skin off with what he described as a knife similar to a grapefruit knife, dry then rehydrate the skin basically curing and preserving it, then attach the skin over the casting.
I'm sure I'm oversimplifying & leaving out a few things as he was describing it when I was trying to cast into a blitz of menhaden.

You can, of course, do it how you describe as well.
>>
File: IMG_4691.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4691.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
I was trying to catch a spotted bass and ended up getting a hardhead minnow on this little crankbait. Never had that happen.
>>
>>862955
That hook.. God damn you use motorcycle clutch cable and a winch too?
>>
>>862955
Set the hook so hard you rip their heads off. Brutal.
>>
>>862968
>>862971

i did not post the picture.. but this hook is used to carry the fish he caught.. not to fish with..
>>
>>861921
does this work?? do they spin??
>>
anyone familiar with cabelas warranty program? had the rod tip break off today
>>
>>863006
Can you not use google?

Some rods have warranty. I generally break rods before 30 days anyway so I always get a replacement. Lel.
>>
>>862917
I hate the way the skirts degrade over time, even when not used. Basically like rubber bands. I have a bunch that I need to clean up and put new skirts on.
>>
>>862959
>>862888
I think replicas are far better. Just have a photo of it and the replica on display. Real taxidermy stuff is pretty gross over time. You also have the option of catch and release.
>>
>>862977
Spoons like those as rigged are not supposed to spin. They are supposed to wobble. If you are spinning them, you are retrieving them far too fast. Yes, they work. For spinning you'd have to set them up with different hardware/rigging intended for that purpose.
>>
Anyone have experience with fishing backpacks?
>>
>>863023
they are the amazing if you primarily shore fish. If not just go with a regular tackle bag
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 640x1136px
Finally caught something on this mouse I've had for like a year. I was actually just fucking with a turtle and letting it nip at it when the bass blew up on it.

>>863010
>I generally break rods before 30 days anyway
How
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 640x1136px
>>863033
Also caught my first fish with the little turtles. I hooked one with it that was a decent size but I got a shitty hookset so he got off.
>>
>>863033
He probably buys dollar store rods and horses the shit out the fishes he catches
>>
I highly doubt she can fish haha
>>
>>863030
Portaging a boat, by myself 15 miles in rocky terrain, doesn't sound like a fun time.
>>
>>862972
No that is a hook for fishing
I'm pretty sure mustad makes it
20/0 for sharks I think
>>
File: Sara Underwood Fishing 1.webm (3MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sara Underwood Fishing 1.webm
3MB, 480x480px
>>863065
2nding. She's having trouble with that spinning reel.
>>
>>863013
I super-glue curly tail grubs or flukes on after the skirt gets schrecked
>>863023
>>863030
I should get one sometime
>>
File: Sara Underwood Fishing 2.webm (3MB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sara Underwood Fishing 2.webm
3MB, 576x720px
>>863072
>>
File: Sara Underwood Fishing 3.webm (3MB, 410x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sara Underwood Fishing 3.webm
3MB, 410x720px
>>863074
>>
File: 1213156465456.png (1MB, 893x789px) Image search: [Google]
1213156465456.png
1MB, 893x789px
>>863072
>>863074
>>863076
>>
File: 1459216281102.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459216281102.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>863076
>>863074
>>863072
>>863065

Gee, it's almost as if she is a paid model and not someone who is actually fishing.
>>
>>863083
Autism is here
>>
>>862972
>>862971
>>862968

its for halibut. salmon carcass is popular bait
>>
Anyone regularly use a drop shot? It seems that people either love it or never use it.
>>
>>861794
>>863072
>>863074
>>863076
Can't wait for Fishing & Tackl;e Thread #87, so I don't have to fap every time I open it.
>>
>>863122
I've had some luck with it. The main reason I use it is to get uncastable baits father out with a heavier sinker. It's also good for fish that like to stay the bottom near structure
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 1136x640px
About to wire up batteries to my boat.

Can I do it this way or will I kaboom my boat?
>>
File: Untitled.png (15KB, 512x755px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15KB, 512x755px
>>863143
That won't do anything. One will run the engine and the other will runt he trolling motor. They won't be connected to each other.

Wire them in parallel with very thick very short wires. Then you can use the terminals on either battery to run whatever you want to run. This will turn two 12 volt batteries into "one" 12 volt battery with double the amp hour rating.
>>
>>863122
its rigged on one of my rods at all times. only time I dont use it is if im pond fishing and I know I will only be using a frog.
>>
>>863152
I thought the way I had it would wire them in series, since the rolling motor can be run on 12v or 24v.

Obviously I don't know a lot about the subject lol.
>>
File: Untitled.png (14KB, 595x534px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
14KB, 595x534px
>>863160
In series, do this.

In your diagram you are connecting the motor and engine to the wrong terminals.
>>
>>863166
i think this'll put the motor at 24v wont it? does it matter?
>>
I am doing catch and release, what's the best way to ensure the fish's survival?

I try and reel it in as soon as possible and lift the line up to get a quick pic and then net it, then lift the line up so the line is taught then unhook it and put him back for someone else

How long can fish be out of water generally? I find it too hard to unhook them under water and as a lot of species in my area (not US) have sharp teeth and spines I don't like touching the fish which I've also heard is the worst thing you can do for their slime coat

tips?

>tfw catching one with a fucked up tail a few weeks ago then catching the same one again last week
>>
>>863174
sorry meant both engine and motor. and my concern is won't 24 v on an outboard or something fry it
>>
>>863175
Get one of those lip grippers. Make sure you set the hook as soon as possible so the don't swallow it. I believe circle hooks are made to basically set themselves and the fish won't swallow them. It may be another type of hook though. You can also crush the barb on the hook and it will be easier to remove.

Depending on fish, most stuff can be out of the water for a bit. Just take a pic and throw it back 30sec later.

>>863143
You're trying to run 24v?
>>
>>863183
I use hard body lures so its always on their lip, not deep gut

Ahh fair enough, I try to keep them in the water for a bit if I've been struggling to get a hook out

30 seconds is fine, sometimes they can just really be a pain and put up a fight, I've found it a lot easier since netting them though
>>
>>863175
Touching a fish is fine if your hand is good and wet
Keep the net in the water and only use it to contain the fish as you wet your hand and gently but firmly grab it
Most fish will be fine out of the water 2-3 minutes but try to keep it as short as possible
Circle hooks with crushed barbs will help speed everything along
>>
File: IMG_0036.jpg (69KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
69KB, 500x500px
>>863175
>>863183
Pic related is the gripper.

Also if a fish seems slow once you put it back in the water, you can kinda run it back and forth a couple times to get water through its gills and that will help em.

Small panfish and stuff, try and get them back in the water within a couple min. Big carp and catfish we get around here can last hours out of the water, it's fucked up.
>>
>>863186
Still crush your barbs
Hooks will penetrate a little easier and do less damage to the mouth
>>
>>863188
>Big carp and catfish we get around here can last hours out of the water, it's fucked up.

thats insane, I live in Australia and wonder how long some of our species would survive out of the water - either way I try and get them back within a few minutes

Would it be true to say that its best to take your time removing the hook carefully even if it means being out of the water for a few minutes more than it is doing a quick job and maybe fucking up their mouth to get them back in 30 secs or so?

Thanks everyone for the point about crushing barbs btw, I'll do that on all my lures in case I forget when changing my current one over
>>
I don't use it regularly, but one of my spots is an old concrete bridge piling in the middle of a river in 10ft deep water. There is usually a smallmouth or spotted bass hiding out of the current behind the piling, and without drop shot, I wouldn't be able to get a lure in the right spot.
>>
>>863192
Idk, depends on the fish. If it is a big guy that can do fine after being on land for an hour, then go ahead and take the hook out carefully. Otherwise you are probably better off just yanking it.

Remember that stress can harm fish quite a bit, so if you are holding the thing for 10min playing around with the hook, I'm guessing there is the potential for more damage then using a little force and pulling the hook out quick.
>>
>>863175
If you gut hook the fish just cut the line and leave the hook in, dont pull and pry on its guts because its almost always an insta kill. Try keeping the fish no more than 3 minutes out of the water while unhooking it if possible. If fish is unresponsive after put back into the water be sure to get a good grip on it and run it back in forth in the water until it is able to swim out of your grip under its own power. Some species are more trouble some than others so dont get nervous if they dont swim away immediately. Worse comes to worse and you rip the fuck out of its gills and is bleeding out, just put it back in the water to get eaten or if its edible and you want it, take it home for yourself. Like the other anons said it will serve you well to get a set of fish grips so you dont have to try and unhook it at an awkward angle. if you have any more questions let us know
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 553x488px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 553x488px
>>863174
>>863176
One for 12v and one for 24v. If the motor/engine doesn't have proper protection built into them, put some blocking diodes in like so. Sometimes weird things happen if you don't, with this sort of setup.
>>
File: IMG_20160924_214502.jpg (340KB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160924_214502.jpg
340KB, 768x1280px
Friendly reminder to wear sunscreen
>pic related, my neck and shoulder from today
>>
File: 81+fw+23BvL._SX522_.jpg (20KB, 522x288px) Image search: [Google]
81+fw+23BvL._SX522_.jpg
20KB, 522x288px
>>863207
fuck that. I havnt worn sun screen in years. I just wear pic related with a Hoo rag around my neck
>>
Well I got the wires out of the trailer, but I'm gonna get some new connectors for the tail lights just to be on the safe side. I'm determined to have my boat in the water by tomorrow evening.

>>863183
>You're trying to run 24v?
For the trolling motor. I really just want to get it on the water so I'll probably just wire them parallel for now.

>>863201
>>863166
Thanks anon. I don't know if my engine would need the blocking diodes or not, so I'll just do it parallel. Eventually I'm going to get a 3rd battery just for the engine and rig the two for the motor in series.
>>
>>863210
I'm planning on getting something similar to pic related next season
>>
>>863213
>>863210
Fuck
>>
>>863215
or that.. just too goofy to wear imo
>>
>>863216
I don't like the floppy hats I'd rather have something more like that
I used to have a floppy hat but wound up never wearing it and using a baseball hat instead
>>
Need to buy a truck not for the 4x4 but for the ground clearance

There's some potentially great spots around here that I can't get to in my car
>>
>>863222
If you won't wear a Boonie cap for being too goofy you sure as shit won't be wearing that thing lmao
>>
>>863207
Why don't you get out of your basement more often and get a lil tan going do you don't burn?
>>
>>863235
Its not that a boonie hat is goofy I don't give a damn about goofy
I just didn't like it
I preferred to tuck a damp wash cloth under the back of my baseball cap which looks goofier than either of these
>>863238
This is the only burn I've had since April
>>
>>863238
I dont like skid myself. But not everyone can be a niggerboy like you.
>>
File: IMG_20160919_051253.jpg (29KB, 452x389px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160919_051253.jpg
29KB, 452x389px
>>863207
Made the same mistake last Sunday. God damn California sun is stronger in September than what I was used to. I'm taking sunscreen tomorrow.
>>
>>863295
Im whiter then sourcream. When I'm fishing I don't fit into the sterotype. Im a pus and don't go out until after 4pm tho.

Too bad my motorcycle is down and out for the weekend. Because I'm installing nigger rigged saddlebag frames. But I need bags because fuck carrying around my jacket and gloves everywhere! And hopefully ill be able to install a cable lock for my helmet.
>>
>>863299
Where I come from, the sun in September is weak as fuck so you can go out and never get burnt. You can imagine my surprise last week.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 590x327px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 590x327px
thinking about getting a pair of glacier glasses

even that tiny bit of sun coming in through the ends of my current sunglasses will fuck up my eyes over time
>>
File: 1473842650977.jpg (52KB, 500x401px) Image search: [Google]
1473842650977.jpg
52KB, 500x401px
>when you're colorblind and cant see sunburn
>>
>>863299
Pics of bike
An actual soft bag rack shoiodnt be too much then just tie on some bags
>>
File: 20160925_094206.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160925_094206.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>tfw Pepsi lied and there's no sneks, just dink bass in these ponds.
>>
>>863413
how can you poor fucks be in florida and only catch bass that small?
>>
Windy as fuck out there today. Imagine your normal 75-100 yd cast going all of 50 feet....
>>
>>863417
He said he was fishing a pond bro. Doesn't matter where you are, bass in ponds are mostly dinks. Might be only a handful of monsters in there
>>
>>863436
Probably only 1 or 2
Maybe none, in an urban pond some kid might accidentally pull the only monster and take it home
>>
File: skid.jpg (36KB, 655x523px) Image search: [Google]
skid.jpg
36KB, 655x523px
>>863207
>>
File: IMG_8903.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8903.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>863413
At least you are catching something.

And to be fair, that shoreline you are on now, I have killed a whole lot of the sneks that used to be there.

That lake is the one where I only get nice bass around 7pm or right when the sun is going down. The bigger guys normally come on the other side of that bend like 30min before it is totally dark.

>>863417
They aren't huge lakes and everything is overfished by nigs who will keep anything they catch for dinner.
>>
>>863072
More like Sara Underboob
>>
>>863466
That tail is wrong
But pretty much yeah
>>
>>863503
>That tail is wrong
explain
>>
File: Screenshot_20160925-134854.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160925-134854.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>863472

yeah, I really only get the chance to fish early morning to early afternoon. Saw a ton of huge black carp right after dawn this morning.

I've seen big sneks in pic related, but haven't managed to hook any yet. I met the imfamous "Florida Man" there though.
>>
>>863512
Its a red fox tail
Its not right
>>
File: IMG_0050.png (3MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0050.png
3MB, 640x1136px
>>863518
Yeah the problem with the sneks is that if you see them, they have probably seen you already and won't want to bite.

If you want to go out west, you should go to Loxtahatchee. Basically you take Hillsboro all the way down past 441 and it will end at Loxtahatchee Rd. Make a left and take it until it ends. There are lots of mayans and bass there but too many people there for my taste. The road runs along that canal too so you can fish that.
>>
>>863521
How is it not right? You're a furry.
>>
File: IMG_0780.jpg (87KB, 655x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0780.jpg
87KB, 655x800px
>>863527
Red fox tail means you are a top. He's not tryin to give people the wrong idea.
>>
>>861933
i was just up in cordova/ the pws for 3 months. fishing out there was killer. but the pws is like a lake. you were getting 7 foot swells? season must really be changing
>>
>>861984
lots of rockfish/sculpin, a few diff cod species, halibut all damn day, and all 5 type of salmon
>>
>>863532
No red foxes are cumsluts with a bottomless pit for an ass
But I'm not a fox
Dingo, saint Bernard, or horse yes
But not fox
>>
File: FishConsumptionAdvice2014.png (228KB, 1524x876px) Image search: [Google]
FishConsumptionAdvice2014.png
228KB, 1524x876px
>>863538
Cold enough water to not need to worry about ciguatera & scombroid, cases of which are "very rare" it seems.

Pollution level source,
http://dhss.alaska.gov/dph/Epi/eph/Documents/fish/FishConsumptionAdvice2014.pdf
>>
>>863532
why do women die their hair blonde when their eyes are pitch black? looks like shit.
>>
File: IMG_0775.jpg (71KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0775.jpg
71KB, 500x753px
>>863547
She's not that bad, it's more highlights. But I know what you mean.
>>
>>863522

I might try up there, I'm probably gonna explore some more places close to my apt first though. It's really nice being able to drive 4 mins and fish even if all I grab are dink bass. My planned outings are all saltwater.
>>
File: IMG_0460.jpg (45KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
45KB, 402x604px
>>863547
This pro flyfisherwoman is pretty bad with it too because her hair was real bright at some time
>>
>>863552
Where do you go for salt?
>>
>>863555
Why do you care? not like you're gonna go.
>>
>>863547
>why do women
Since when does a woman do anything that makes sense?
>>
>>863555

Del Rey beach mostly and the pier at Dania. Depends on who I'm going with, I pretty much always hit the salt with someone I work with.
>>
>>863558

Why are you on /out/? Not like you're going outside anytime soon.

You should be on /killyourself/, desu senpai
>>
>>863568
Oh damn, I'm suprised you go either north or south and not just East right by Pompano.

>>863558
You got me.
>>
>>863590

Del Rey has the best reef in Broward and Palm Beach according to my fishing buddys and Dania has been a successful pier for me. If I was just going by myself I'd probably hit Pompano
>>
>>863593
That's good to know. Delray is pretty close for me in Deerfield and Dania looks like it has lots of inshore type stuff in the area. There are those "lakes" or whatever where the intercoastal is along Sheridan and Dania Bch Blvd.
>>
>>863472
Why do you kill snakeheads if they're in a small pond? I don't understand why you care so much. They're already there and in all of the surrounding water so why not just let everyone enjoy an extra fish to catch rather than sperging out over MUH ECOSYSTEMS just so you get to kill something
>>
>>863593
Juno pier is literally one of the best piers in all of florida. It's so fucking active it will change the way you look at pier fishing. I use lures 99% of the time and I've only been skunked once and I go only for 1-2 hours every single weekend.
>>
File: IMG_9386.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9386.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>863602
Because it's the right thing to do.

>let everyone enjoy an extra fish to catch
It will be the only thing to catch if they keep going. Those spots are also the further north end of the boundary and there are canals and drainage systems that the fish can sometimes get through so if enough people try and get rid of them they will have a hard time establishing populations and expanding.

Also it's funny seeing people get butthurt when I post the pics.
>>
>>863606
Yeah but going north of Boca without leaving Florida kinda sucks. Also that's a bit of a trek for dude living in like Coral Springs.
>>
>>863602

Because you're legally required to. I got to watch a ranger give some nigger a ticket becauae he was tossing them back.
>>
>>863606

That's an hour away from me. I guess I'll try it eventually, but I'd want it to be an all day thing if I'm making a two hour round trip.
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 640x1136px
Fuck my checking account. Cabelas was doing a store wide 20% off sale so I bought a new thing
>>
Anyone have a recommendation for a rod that would fit into or strap on the side of a pack? I wanna take a rod on a motorbike.
>>
>>863722
Goddamn that is bright. I want to get down on a Lew's one day, they have some nice looking stuff and a lot of it is reasonably priced.

>>863727
Any 2pc 6' rod will break down into a small 3' package which is manageable. Otherwise look at 3pc and 4pc travel rods. A bunch of different brands make them and I would much rather use one of those over a telescoping rod.
>>
>>863602
Its illegal to release them
>>863727
Get a 6'6" two piece
Telescopic rods are comvinient but I've never seen one that is particularly nice
Travel rods look good but I never tried one but the 4 piece fly rods I've got pack up nice
If you really want to get into it zip-tie some PVC pipes somewhere on the back to use as rod holders
>>
>>863607
what's the fight like on a snakehead? your PB?
>>
>>863743
I hear it's a good fight
>>
File: IMG_1690.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1690.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>863743
They fight hard. They just like to dig and dig, much better than a similar sized largemouth. Best was like 27".

I believe I have hooked a monster at least twice in this one lake though. Both times is was right around the same spot where dude who lives there said he caught a 47" snek. First time it hit a Blue Fox on a lighter setup, tangled it up underwater within a couple seconds. Second time I was on a medium rod with 15lb braid running a Texas-rigged crawdad deal. I set the hook and within a few seconds the fish ran out probably 30-40yds of this 15lb braid. Drag was set to the point where it normally takes a 4lb+ feisty bass to make it click at all. I had this fish on for a couple seconds and it was by far larger than any 10lb carp or PB bass that was probably close to 7lb. Fought with it for maybe 2min before he tangled my line up on some shit underwater and I was just stuck.
>>
>>863763
Soak a live bluegill on some #30 braid and winch it out
>>
>>863765
please refer to this post>>863466
>>
>>863769
That tail is wrong and it has no ears
>>
File: Cast-net-throw.jpg (28KB, 385x255px) Image search: [Google]
Cast-net-throw.jpg
28KB, 385x255px
I want to start catching live bait.

How do I ID schools of legal bait fish and schools of baby fish that are not legal to take??.
>>
>>863788
You make horrible posts.

What tail would you like it to have?
>>
>>863790
Who the fuck cares. Nobody can legally enforce that.. Just cast and keep whats legal.
>>
>>863790
Throw it at whatever swims
Netting an illegal fish isnt inherently a crime
You just release the illegal fish
Just like if you catch a fish that's not big enough to keep
You just let it go and no crime
>>
>>863798
A horsie tail or a tanish dingo tail I guess
And ears
>>
>>863732
It seems nice. I'm pumped to try it out tomorrow. The reel itself feels super solid. Since it's a brand new combo there aren't many reviews on it, so I hope the rod is halfway decent.
>>
>>863722
Fugg I just realized I bought flouroclear instead of 100% flouro. Oh well, guess we see how it goes.
>>
>>863856
What's the power and action on that thing?
>>
>>863727
I have a rod holder on my motorcycle. I guess it depends how nice yours is and how much frame youve got exposed. My advice is to have it stick straight up. Or at like a 30 degree angle. Never straight back. I had an SUV pull up too far with a rod straight back and break the tip.

Id show you a picture but currently cannot find one and redoing my storage on my motorcycle. Adding two rod holders this time around... One was good but since im expanding. Two for good measure.

Only thing I cant do is go into parking garages with my 7,7' or through some drive throughs.

But if your bike isnt hacked to fucking hell. Then a break down two piece will hang out of a backpack just fine. Just use some sort of clasp to hold the zippers shut around the pole.
>>
Hooked a big ass snapping turtle today but he broke me off before I could get him to shore

Hope he'll be okay ;-;
>>
>>863944
Did you have a red flag on the rod tip?
>>
>>863811
>someone makes a dank skid meme
>demands to have his fursonas ears and tail on in
Jesus Christ
>>
File: exhausted-fappathlete.jpg (32KB, 450x228px) Image search: [Google]
exhausted-fappathlete.jpg
32KB, 450x228px
>>861794
>>862116
>>861967
>>863072
>>863074
>>863076
When will this thread be over? I can't take it anymore.
>>
how do i play webms on iphone dammit

also anyone suggest a casting rod to travel on an airplane with?
>>
File: wtf.png (526KB, 469x468px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
526KB, 469x468px
seriously how could this happen?
>>
>>864051
hot chick becomes ugly aussie dude in thumbnail
>>
>>863758
Did I fucking ask how it feels to suck a dog cock? No. Why do you feel the need to give your uninformed opinion about everything?
>>
>>863935
It's MH fast action. I don't think they make the combo in anything else. I would've preferred a medium, but oh well.
>>
File: photo_2016-09-26_18-05-45.jpg (32KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-09-26_18-05-45.jpg
32KB, 640x640px
Here comes russian fishers!
>>
File: IMG_0053.jpg (2MB, 3072x3210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0053.jpg
2MB, 3072x3210px
>>864053
Kek

>>864031
I got you on a better one for the next thread. This is how we weed out the /b/tards
>>
File: Q7pnuOUT3Jg.jpg (365KB, 1616x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Q7pnuOUT3Jg.jpg
365KB, 1616x1080px
Hey, guys, as u know, our 2ch is temporarily dead, so here we are. Thank you, Abu!
Tell us about your last fishing! Picr - my last zander on Moscow-river.
%%Bкaтывaeмcя, oтпиcывaeмcя, пocтим фoтoчки ;3%%
>>
>>864048
The webm thing is kinda a pain. For me, I downloaded Google Drive and then I have to download the webm's to Drive and play them from there. I rarely click on them unless they look really good.

>>864083
>>864089
Welcum
>>
>>864025
>implying I do anything but shitpost
I don't care what the tail is
The only thing that actually annoys me is the lack of ears
The hell kinda furry doesn't have ears?
>>864055
I'm just saying what I heard, and according to Pepsi's description I heard correctly
So sit down
>>
File: WP_20160911_17_53_52_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160911_17_53_52_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5344x3008px
>>864089
>Anonymous 09/23/16(Fri)11:25:14 No.862231▶>>862234
>File: concrete_sinker.png (6 KB, 438x299)
>im thinking about making some concrete sinkers, anyone ever try this?
Last one is pearch on Kaliningrad bay
And this weekend was total misfortune - no pike on saturday, no sander or pearch on sunday/
>>
File: IMG_20160913_161641.jpg (1MB, 2160x3840px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160913_161641.jpg
1MB, 2160x3840px
>>864105
Warrrgh! Nice fish, comrade.
>>
File: WP_20160902_20_58_36_Rich.jpg (4MB, 5344x3008px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160902_20_58_36_Rich.jpg
4MB, 5344x3008px
>>864108
Hello Kuzmitch!
How is it going old chap?
>>
File: IMG_20160918_162504.jpg (4MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160918_162504.jpg
4MB, 2448x3264px
Hi girls!
>>
File: WP_20160830_09_24_56_Rich.jpg (2MB, 3004x5338px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160830_09_24_56_Rich.jpg
2MB, 3004x5338px
>>864119
Hello comrade!
>>
File: IMG_0385.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0385.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>864114
Yee the Mepps meme reached Russia
>>
File: WP_20160909_08_31_32_Rich.jpg (1MB, 3008x5344px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160909_08_31_32_Rich.jpg
1MB, 3008x5344px
>>864132
Nise set
This one catch by my father on Black Fury #4 (yellow dots) with mepps sinker.
And this one >>864130 was catch on this >>864114
(I think Z-man softbait made biggest part of work)
>>
File: IMG_9309.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9309.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>864141
Those ones with the single hook you have the Z-Man on, they are hard to find around me. I'm going to end up buying some cheap generic ones and make my own.
>>
>>864132
It looks like a homosexual mepps lures.
In Russia we deal with hetero mepps lures like this.
>>
>>864153
Those red and white spoons in the picture? Those mepps? Because I have one that looks just like the smaller one that ive had for like almost 15 years now and all it has stamped on the back is korea. Lol
>>
>>864153
Oh lol!
I understand when you start to purchase Mepps it's hard to stop.
Also here in Russia we know almoust nothing about spinnerbaits like on left side of picture) so almoust don't use them.
But we use a lot of spoon baits and lot of softbaits.
>>
File: IMG_0070.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0070.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>864156
>bare hook
Gross
>>
>>862638
tfw can't catch a redfish for the life of me but seatrout won't leave my shit alone. Seriously, I've got to be close to 100 seatrout and I've only managed a couple snook (hook a ton, but I think my tackle is too light) and literally had one redfish hit once. What the eff.
>>
File: IMG_20160806_121456.jpg (3MB, 3200x2368px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160806_121456.jpg
3MB, 3200x2368px
Guess what kind of fish?
>>
File: IMG_0071.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0071.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>864159
Nah, I don't know if Mepps makes spoons like that. They might, but the old school brand for those is called "Daredevil" but a million different companies make them, especially the red and white. I think these 7 spoons are made by 6 different companies.
>>
>>864162
Remember being gay in Russia is agaist the law. Gotta have plain Soviet lures made of concrete/asbestos/steel only. And colors are only allowed in Soviet red and shades of grey.
>>
>>864162
Also we like Rapala lures, here in Russia.
>>
>>864174
You want to say "yapada". Because they're cheap.
>>
File: IMG_2041.jpg (1MB, 2148x2237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2041.jpg
1MB, 2148x2237px
>>864174
They ok
>>
>>864153
I have crafted this >>864114
>>
>>864177
Rapala skitter pop is God tire. Respect takim poconam.
>>
>>864176
Here in russia they are don't.
BTW my friend girlfriend when she was in US boughr him some Rapala lures (made in Estonia) much cheaper that here in Russia.
>>
File: IMG_9449.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9449.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>864184
X-Raps are a new favorite
>>
File: IMG_0072.jpg (2MB, 3849x2073px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0072.jpg
2MB, 3849x2073px
New bread in the oven

Ruskis get on my level
>>
File: bots.jpg (285KB, 1349x1488px) Image search: [Google]
bots.jpg
285KB, 1349x1488px
>>864088
>This is how we weed out the /b/tards
>by posting pedoshit

That will only attract them.
>>
>>864194
You need to try Savage Gear spiners they are also good.
>>
>>864197
My bad

>FRESH BREAD
>>864199

>>864199

>>864199

>>864199
>>
>>864156
Are you gay? Use lures like this instead.
>>
File: Bull red2.jpg (98KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Bull red2.jpg
98KB, 960x960px
>>861820
>Real in monster red fish
>Bikini clad qt's swarm me and want to take pics.

I love beach/ pier fishing.

pic related
>>
>>862271
...this is why u cary a gun... FUCKOFF FAGGOT. He says no. point gun MUTHERFUCKER I SAID YES. Dbag is dbag u unload 3 clips and sink that mutherfucker and go home. Bonus points for diving at night and stealing all his shit
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 103

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.