[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can bear spray work on humans?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 318ztgU-a7L.jpg (11KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
318ztgU-a7L.jpg
11KB, 300x300px
I didn't know where to post this, lol.

I take the trains late at night after work in Boston, and then walk home (20-ish minutes if I'm fast).

I've come across crazy people, typical aggressive heroin junkies, etc and I really want something to help me if I'm ever approached/attacked again.

Human pepper spray is illegal in Massachusetts and you need to get a firearms license and purchase it from a local gun shop to get it, which seems like a pain in the ass.

So if some crazy guy runs towards me looking for a fight, can I spray them in the face with bear mace and hope it works?

I was considering bear mace or a personal alarm (https://www.amazon.com/Vigilant-Personal-PPS22BL-Batteries-Activation/dp/B005E04MK0)
>>
If mace is illegal im sure bear mace is. Its basically a small fire extinguisher of mace designed to spray out rather than shoot a stream like civilian mace
>>
Yes, bear spray will work on people.
But you want to be sure of the wind direction before you use it.
>>
>>853387
>I didn't know where to post this, lol.
>>>/k/
>>
>>853409
http://wwlp.com/2014/09/26/new-law-for-buying-and-carrying-pepper-spray/

http://www.pepper-spray-store.com/pages/massachusetts-laws

apparently it's not illegal OP. Just go to a store and buy some. It can't be mailed though, that's it. As long as you're over 18 you're good. I've seen 3 guys assaulting a homeless man stopped cold when they were sprayed. Definitely it would be good to keep on hand in your situation.
>>
>>853578
>I've seen 3 guys assaulting a homeless man stopped cold when they were sprayed
Did you take a video at least? I hope you weren't the one who sprayed the dudes.
>>
>>853578
another fun fact:

pepper spray has a 10% concentration of capsiscum (the stuff that burns) while bear spray only has like a 1-2% concentration. bear spray is a deterrent only to get the bear to leave, not incapacitate it.
>>
>>853580
no. the whole story was this:
>go to Canada day fireworks
>park car and take train to fireworks site
>leaving afterward and trains are super packed
>get out downtown to walk to car
>only me, 3 rough teens, and 1 homeless man exit at that station
>teens and homeless man get into scuffle
>train is stopped waiting for next station to clear
>hot day and windows on train are also open
>anyway homeless man pepper sprays teens
>they instantly are down screaming like bitches
>homeless man walks away like a boss
>teens falling over themselves trying to persue
>they keep just falling over and have no vision whatsoever
>one is getting close to the edge of the tracks on the other side
>grab him and tell him to sit down on stairs
>wants to catch homeless man who left 5 mins ago
>meanwhile train is still waiting and doors have been closed
>pepper spray starts wafting into the open windows of the cars
>people start screaming and then everyone starts screaming
>I'm standing next to this kid who is now getting up and stumbling toward the other end of the station, people are screaming like it's the apocalypse and banging on the train doors, 2 other guys are still rolling on the ground rubbing their eyes in pain
>decide it's been a nice night and not to ruin it and just walk away at that moment
>transit worker rushes down stairs as I calmly walk up and I give him a synopsis of events
>wish him luck and go home
>later when I was washing my face before going to bed I still had pepper spray on me and got some in my eyes
>even that little is still pretty irritating
>>
File: 1469737062943.jpg (32KB, 598x593px) Image search: [Google]
1469737062943.jpg
32KB, 598x593px
>>853387
just get a gun (legally), if you use bear spray on a person you're going to get charged anyways, so might as well have an effective weapon against crazies and drug addicts
>>
>>853387
Bear spray doesn't even work on bears.
>>
>>853626
Yes it does. You're thinking of guns.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qhEIZBlX8
>>
>>853581
Not true at all bear spray is much stronger usually. "Civilian and law enforcement pepper sprays range from 0.18% to 1.33% Major Capsaicinoids. Bear Sprays range from 1.0% to 2.0% major capsaicinoids."
>>
>>853387
Yes. It is so powerful it is illegal. To give you an idea, it would be less painful to let them kick your ass than to use that in a train.
>>
>>853773
Guns are a bet.

They can kill the bear, make it run away or make it angry. If you don't feel lucky, go for the safe choice.
>>
>>853581
bullshit why don't you look it up nigger? bear spray can be twice as strong as human or dog spray.
>>
>>853387

This is a really dumb question, I gotta question if you're retarded or not....are you by any chance retarded?
>>
>>853387
By the way, if you buy bear spray, the cashier is probably going to tell you, but it's considered a weapon. If the person you spray manage to find your information and track you back, he can sue you, even if he were trying to attack you.

I know this because I just bought one.
>>
>>853387
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2016/08/31/bc-man-gets-bear-spray-down-pants-goes-to-gas-station-to-wash-nude-in-milk.html
>>
>>853387
That stuff's like super Mace. Be careful.
>>
>>853387
>Human pepper spray is illegal in Massachusetts
Bullshit, you can buy Pepper spray in any gun shop, in BPS in Foxborough, in Cabelas in Hudson.

Mace/pepper spray req'd an FID card a bazillion years ago. Not now.

It's the T, not the trains... learn the language if you want to live here.

Also, I don't know where you're travelling to but I walk Boston all the time and take the T all over and while there are homeless out & about I've never come across somebody I've felt unsafe around there.
>>
yes, bear spray on a human is like mustard gas and pepper spray made a baby.
>>
>>854427
its actually abotu half as strong as mace. just a bigger bottle
>>
>>853581
literally took less than 3 seconds to disprove your dumb ass post
how are you this retarded
>>
>>855059
it depends on which products specifically.
generally speaking on average bear spray is twice as strong.
>>
Just to clear things up, pepper spray =/= mace.

Mace is phenacyl chloride and is way stronger than OC spray.

And yes, most bear spray is more concentrated OC than self defense spray.
>>
>>855352
tear gas kek, i seen dudes that gargled with that shit and spit it back in the cops face.
>>
>>853387
Just buy a dry chemical fire extinguisher, drpressirize it, replace insides with fine capacacin powder, repressurize, and badaboombadabing you're got bear spray on steroids.
>>
>>853387
Spectricide wasp and hornet killer would be a good alternative. It's effective, and has a very nice range (20-30ft depending on brand).

>>855797
Tear gas is CS gas. Some people are immune. It's also a bunch of crystals, not a "gas" per say.
>>
>>855884
>Some people are immune
and everyone can build up immunity unlike the pepper stuff where you can only build up mild resistance.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.