[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

want to buy a kayak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: bagelcat.jpg (130KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
bagelcat.jpg
130KB, 660x495px
hey guys

i want to buy a kayak, but dont know where to begin? is any size ok? i live near the coast but would like to go to some lakes around here as well. how are these?

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/spo/5765929641.html

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bpo/5764101181.html

is it ez2learn?

how do i transport it? i know i need to buy racks but dont know how to install them or what I need etc. any help appreciated. thanks in advance

pic unrelated
>>
File: SeaTour17Offsets[1].jpg (165KB, 948x1424px) Image search: [Google]
SeaTour17Offsets[1].jpg
165KB, 948x1424px
>>851951
Y O S T
O
S
T
>>
If you live near the coast you can probably rent some different kayaks to get an idea of what you want before you buy. Also some marine shops have tryout days so you can demo various different boats. That's better than getting advice on the internets, since we don't know the local water conditions and the kind of stuff you intend to do.

Flatwater paddling is really easy to get started, just look up some basic paddle strokes on youtube. Whitewater and surf can make it pretty tricky.

You can transport with tie down straps and pool noodles if you need to.

Also kayak thread here >>817634
>>
File: sit on top kayak.jpg (129KB, 1200x624px) Image search: [Google]
sit on top kayak.jpg
129KB, 1200x624px
>>851951
Get one like pic related if you are a beginner, especially if you want to take it out on the ocean eventually. These sit-on-top types have a lot of advantages.
>never have to bail them out
>tough plastic material
>you wont get caught inside if it overturns
>easy to modify
>storage compartment on the inside
>if you're in the ocean the surf wont endanger your kayak
>lots of work space for fishing and gear
The aren't a traditional boat by any means, and they do leave you a little exposed to the sun and whatnot, but overall they are pretty good.
>>
>>853215
>exposed to the sun
Or to the ice cold water as the case may be.
>>
>>853218
This is true, but OP listed orange county craigslist, and socal usually has decent weather.
>>
>>853221
nigga have you ever been in the pacific? even in august in san deigo it is cold as fug.

but yea op. get an open top. I love mine. I paddle out to oil rigs sometimes. just wear a hat and a long sleeve shirt because you will get sunburnt.

if you have enough money get a hobie with pedals. I have a friend that has one. they are incredible.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.