[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 90

File: image.jpg (133KB, 620x622px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 620x622px
#75-Chatterbate Edition

Still hot out hurr. Gonna see if some sneks will go for buzzbaits or chatterbaits. The bass are still so slow, I'm not expecting them to hit anything not on the bottom. Hopefully the chatterbaits and buzzbaits don't work, because I will end up buying a bunch more if they do.

Previous Thread:
>>836476

Pastebin and Imgur. Thinkin about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>839186
>>839245
>inflatable

Too much ancient trash in the waterways from floods. Metal and glass.
>>
>>839255
They normally have a few different sections though, right? At least you wouldn't sink, but it would suck to have 20 patches holding the thing together by the end of the season.
>>
>>839258
aluminum really is the perfect material for tight waters. you never know where a branch might be and its impossible to see everything if the water is murky
>>
How tough is it to catch musky? Do they deserve their reputation as the "fish of 10,000 casts"?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Decent snek just grabbed the chatterbait pretty hard, but only had the trailer and let go. I guess they like the vibrations. Sucks they don't inhale the baits like bass though.
>>
>>839271
They can be strange. Sometimes they will be picky and not hit shit and then sometime they'd won't give a fuck and hit your lure no matter where it is. Mostly depends on the bodie of water and time of the year like any other fish
>>
>>839278
I keep hearing to put a trailer hook on buzz/chatterbaits
>>
>>839278
What are you running for a trailer?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>839292
Trailer hook? Hmm...

It's also just how the sneks bite. Had a little one go for the buzzbait but it was a weak bite.

>>839295
Chartruese pepper curly tail worm. Maybe 6" or so.
>>
>>839249
Hit the inlet pepsikek
>>
>>839292
I put one on all my lures if they don't have one already. It literally turns iffy nibbles into 100% bites.

I basically put a hook where ever there's one missing, for full coverage. I've had something like 95% of all lure catches be hooked on the trailing hook.
>>
>>839315
https://www.amazon.com/Gamakatsu-210011-p-Spinnerbait-Trailer-Hook/dp/B008DDD3ZU

You can pick them up in different colors and sizes
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Damn these guys are fun to catch. They fight like a giant bluegill on steroids.

>>839335
I have a handful of spinnerbaits with trailer hooks. Maybe I will grab some to try on the chatterbaits. Only problem is they grab more weeds.
>>
>>839337
>freshwater fish other than pike, musky and cats
>putting up a good fight

wew
>>
>>839331
What size do you use?
>>
>>>839245
you forgot the 20 mph wind on the coast and every lake
>>
>>839340
That depends entirely on the size of the lure, but they are usually smaller than whatever the lure already has, if it has a tail made of hair/feathers or similar. Plug lures get a hook the same size as the rest.
>>
File: 71e.jpg (144KB, 607x451px)
71e.jpg
144KB, 607x451px
>>839238
>>839245
These videos should dispel your belief.
plebs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEoxG_1TIUk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhd4Mj0G4L4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fk-jh6vv-4
>>
>>839338
you must not fish a lot...
>>
File: 14LBS....jpg (294KB, 1024x740px) Image search: [Google]
14LBS....jpg
294KB, 1024x740px
>>839338
peacock will fight harder than all three of those fish you named.
>>
>>839362
>>839362

A jack crevalle will fight harder than both of those.
>>
>>839359
I do, I'm just not a filthy freshie. Find me a one freshwater fish that can peel off 100 yards in a few seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYQMFMsJVrg
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>839362
Pound for pound, those Mayans fight harder than peacocks. But the Mayans don't get that big. It was on a lighter setup though and they are really feisty. He was a pretty big one.

>>839338
I'm talking about size. Baby pike, musky, or little 1lb cats and those cichlids are fighting harder. They run you like parallel to shore too which is interesting.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Also want to add, I forgot how great Beetle Spins are. I got these gold ones awhile ago and threw one on a 1/8oz jighead with a 2" or 3" pumpkin Gulp curly tail minnow. I always seem to do better with gold blades than silver, my guess is they don't reflect the sun so much that they look unnatural.
>>
File: giantray.jpg (44KB, 435x580px) Image search: [Google]
giantray.jpg
44KB, 435x580px
>>839380
now were comparing sw to fw? yeah a bft fights harder than a bluegill...youre smart bro.

freshwater ray will spool your #50 setup
>>
>>839370
they dont do so well in freshwater like we were discussing....
>>
>>839392
You ever watch that River Monsters show? That dude caught some of those freshwater rays and they were insane. I would love to have dude's job.

Sneks fight pretty damn good for freshwater fish too because they will dive on you and don't stop fighting. Bass is the main one and they fight good sometimes and they jump, but bass are stupid and sometimes they are lazy or will swim right at you until they are almost at the shore. Sneks and Mayans won't do that, they pull the whole time. And Peacocks are like largemouth but you rarely get a lazy one that you can just drag in like will happen with LMB sometimes.
>>
File: Jeremy-Wade-River-Monsters.jpg (50KB, 400x268px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy-Wade-River-Monsters.jpg
50KB, 400x268px
>>839398
I remember the one episode where he battled that monster ray in a river and it pulled his rod so hard it fucked up his shoulder muscle. cant imagine the power they have at that size
>>
File: image.jpg (218KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
218KB, 640x1136px
Finally hit up this big pond at work. I was catching them like every other cast then my coworker is like

>hey how much is this rod
>uhhh $80 why
>I just broke it

This fucker broke the tip on my blackout. Ended up losing my chatterbait and only catching two more while I was there. I couldn't land a fish to save my life.

He was absoluty killing them with a mepps #2 tho even with a broken tip. Peps would've been proud.
>>
File: image.jpg (265KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
265KB, 640x1136px
>>839408
>>
>>839408
Yee. Still haven't caught shit on those chatterbaits but did have that bigger snek hit on it today. I was using the chartruese one but I have a couple Z-Man ones I need to try. One is black and blue and the other is gold and more natural. I think the black and blue coulda been good at this lake today.
>>
File: shitrod.jpg (755KB, 1080x1920px)
shitrod.jpg
755KB, 1080x1920px
Been lurking for a while, I've not noticed much in the way of saltwater in these threads but I'll ask anyway.

I was out yesterday morning at the local marina on the hunt for squid. Can i get some pro tips on squid fishing?

Anything from jig colour choice to technique would be helpful.
>>
>>839419
Idk where Yurosaintsfan went, he does squid sometimes over in Yurostan.
>>
>>839380
>he's never caught an alligator gar
>>
>>839423
>they've never caught a carp
>>
>>839423
>>839424
>>839380
>They've never met my exgirlfriend.
>>
>>839425
Seriously, though, it's all about relativity.

A few weeks ago, I caught a 4lb bass on my 3wt fly rod. Now that was a fucking rush.
>>
>>839426
I could honestly care less about the weight or how much of a fight a fish puts up. For me its about being on the water, relaxing, and doing something I enjoy, often with people I enjoy being around. Ive gotten skunked a ton of times and ive never not had fun fishing
>>
>>839438
Fucking this. I go trout fishing with 4lb line on an ultra-light rod and even a 1lb trout is fun as hell to catch.

I think my dad grabbed a video last time we went together. I should upload it.
>>
been so skunked lately the only thing i've caught in the last 10-15 hours of fishing is a bass that wasn't even a foot long.

gonna try again after midnight, maybe it's because i've only been fishing from 7-10 pm lately. a month ago my midnight-sunrise fishing was great around the full moon.

otherwise i'm just gonna drink beer and go innaboat.
>>
File: Capture212.jpg (114KB, 1427x825px)
Capture212.jpg
114KB, 1427x825px
>>839419
buy yourself a few squid jigs. I'm away from my house but have these with me in the hotel. (pic)

depending on how far you cast there are a number of sizes and colors and style of jigs. stick with the basics at first, the handtied japan jigs which are considered the best can get pricey. $50+ but luckily you dont lose many jigs squid fishing. I always start with the 5" cheapos they fish fine. a slow erratic retrieve like a "z" then move to smooth flow retrieve like a sideways "s". when you get one try to remember the retrieve style you used. this is dependent on them feeding or mating so you can figure out if you remember. I also like the cheap china lights to add a attraction. gives the squid the idea that other squid are feeding on your lure. the lures in the pic light up when they hit the water. they are cheap on ebay but just as effective as the some expensive jigs. I always throw these first then move to more specialized lures depending on where the squid are in the water column. Ive also had good luck with using tai kabura jigs for larger humbolt's if theyre around might want to give them a try.
>>
File: 1427910194875.png (5KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1427910194875.png
5KB, 375x375px
>buy california fishing lisense at the beginning of summer
>go fishing whenever I can, went to a dozen lakes and fished at the lagoon down the street from my parents house
>Even try shoreline fishing with sand crabs
>Use just about every bait I can think of, swimmers, bloodworms, lures, eggs, gummies, squid, etc
>Fished at every place I could think of, I live in San Diego so I traveled around southern california just to fish, from Mammoth to Chula Vista
>Summers almost over
>Still haven't caught a fish
>May have spent my entire summer pulling a hook through water
Can anyone help me? Has this happened to anyone here? I swear I'm about to lose it
>>
>>839525
California fishing absolutely blows. There are very few species to catch and all of them are overfished because of the huge population. The best luck I've had is with a white fluke on a drop shot rig fished in sandy jetties
>>
I took my oldest reel apart and the drag washers and shit could probably do with a good cleaning and relubing.

Can I just spray the drag washers with some Remoil? How should I clean the old grease out of my reel? Are there any other parts I should clean and lube, like where the handle goes into the reel? Do I have to take any special precautions with those little felt things between the washers, and should I replace those?

I only fish freshwater and I know that it isn't nearly as hard on stuff as salt water, but I still want to keep my gear in good condition.

tfw quit lurking in these threads for a while and haven't taken any pictures of recent catches
>>
skunked again. tried every lure in my box. nothing is biting tonight.
>>
>Set alarm for 7 to wake up and go fishing for a couple hours
>Wake up at 4 and can't fall back asleep
Well, the rest of the day is going to suck, but oh well.
>>
>>839271
Assuming they are like the Northern Pike then they either are 'fuck no I ain't biting on jack shit' or 'I'll fuck your day up and chew on anything near me' as >>839290 said.
Reason for this is their feeding pattern and hunting style. They prefer one big meal over 10 small and don't eat 'for fun'. Pike has certain periods where it eats and certain periods where it just rests and digest said meal. Getting one to bite in its digestion-period is close to impossible. In their feeding-period you can get them to bite and bigger is better (do an image search for pike/muskie prey size or something). Say you wanna catch a 10kg pike -> ideally go with a 1kg or bigger baitfish. Yes, they easily prey on fish 1/10th their own size.
And at least in my experience they are quite territorial meaning if you find one in a certain spot one day, chances are you will keep finding one in the same spot. I recall a small lake I was fishing in as a child. Knew exactly where the fish were and where they were not. And generally also knew that spot x holds a bigger fish then spot y as x was probably more popular or fuck if I know...
>>
>>839560
Drag washers should be degreased not lubed
>>
Got no class today so I'm taking the boat out. Not sure what the water is going to be like since we had a major storm last night
>>
>>839525
>>839534
It suck but not that bad.

Summer is the best time for surf fishing as it's the time when sand crab, grunions and anchovies run near the beach. I fish at one of the best spot in OC though. I got plenty of halibut this summer, but only one legal one. I see plenty of corbina swimming feeding near shore, but I only figure out how to get them recently and season almost end. I wish i tried to go for them earlier since they are more fun than halibut,even though halibut tastes better. It's a pain to get sand crabs for them though, i wish i know how to fly fish. I see plenty of yellowfin croakers caught by other people too, but I don't target them much so I don't get them.

Fucking old asian and mexican guys do keep fishes too much though. They keep even baby corbinas like 15 inches or less. They just use heavy rod with live bait and catch as much as possible and keep anything that is over 10 inches other than illegal stuff.
>>
>>839584
That sucks. If I'm at one of my normal lakes, I can almost always get something on the line before I go home. And they aren't even great lakes. Only time I get skunked now is when I'm fishing new places or just playing around with new lures.
>>
>>839423
>alligator gar
>fast swimmers

I don't think so senpai. Kingfish are like sea cheetahs, they'll spool you if you're not careful.
>>
>>839525
Florida saltwater fishing is awesome. I've only been skunked a handful of times
>>
>>839686
Best fight I ever had was still what I think was a giant snakehead. Had to be 10lb+. As soon as the fucker hit the bait, he ran like 30yds of my 15lb braid out and just started wrapping me around stuff.

>>839633
>set alarm for 4:30am
>wake up at 6am
>late for work
At least with my job, as long as I get my shit done, being late isn't a big deal. I need to start using a real alarm clock. My phone no longer wakes me up.
>>
>>839402
It isn't power. When they turn perpendicular to the line it is like you are trying to pull a full sheet of plywood through the water by pulling on the middle. Like a kite catching the wind. You'll snap the line, the pole, and you if you try pulling hard when it is angled like that.
>>
>>839402
Kindda unrelated but River Monsters is great entertainment.
80% entertainment, 20% fishing.
Does a great job of playing on that primal fear of the unknown and what lurks below.
Some of the beasts he pulls out truly are terrifying. Pic related: goliath tigerfish. Nice set of pointy thingies in that kisser.
>>
Are these any good?
>>
>>839698
I'm the opposite. I can never sleep properly and my phone alarm wakes me up even if I have earplugs in.

Anyways, tried some frogs because there were tons of pads, but no luck. While I was fucking around with some soft plastics I saw this guy chasing it near the shore, then eventually grabbed him with with spoon in the pic. I'm going to get out on that lake with my canoe with my buddy this weekend or next. It's really nice and people rarely fish it with boats.
>>
>>839750
Sure. See >>839764
>>
Started fishing this summer. Been hitting a few lakes regularly. Finally made my first catch. Nice 2 pounds bass.
>>
>>839826
Would you say that you're hooked on fishing?
>>
>>839645
>take old grease off
>don't add new

Why?
>>
>>839829
I'm more hooked than the fish are that's for sure. That was my first catch in 3 since I started.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>839826
>potato pic tiem
>>
File: 1460571513196.png (226KB, 528x404px)
1460571513196.png
226KB, 528x404px
>lakes near me is poorly maintained, can't even eat anything but stocked trout because it's so dirty
>all other bodies of water around are filthy
>blue gill so small, even if the water wasn't horribly polluted, they don't get big enough to eat

WHO /SUFFERING/ HERE
>>
>>839880
>Lake is shallow, 8ft at its absolute deepest point
>Can't use anything but weedless lures because you'll come back with a 5lb hunk of weeds
>>
>>839338
>be me
>Fishing
>Hook 37 inch pike
>8 pound test
>Fish doesn't fight till he's 3 feet from shore
>Makes one run then gives up
3/10 fight, would rather catch bluegill on a 4weight fly rod
>>839426
Ever flyfish for carp? I need advice
>>
I've never eaten bluegill before but I've heard they're good. I'm going to a buddies lake house tomorrow, and there are swarms of them (his dad feeds them off the deck) so I'm thinking of grabbing a few and eating them.

While we're on the subject, any good recipes for large mouth bass? The only freshwater fish I've really eaten are trout and salmon.
>>
>>839936
My general go-to white meat fish recepie is one of two things. Either I make pancake mix with beer instead of water, or If I can't get my dad to buy me beer I do a milk/eggwash and mix flour, garlic salt, pepper, ginger powder, dillweed, and sometimes nutmeg with flour with no real measurements and fry them in butter.
>>
>>839936
All the rednecks and coons here just deepfry literally everything. That is their end all solution to their culinary debasement slathered in mustard, ketchup, and drowned with lite beer. They don't want to taste the fish, they want to taste the fat, salt, and sugar instead. I implore you to try something else instead.

Here's what I recommend,

1 Tablespoon olive oil
8oz of fish (2 fillets preferred; will work with "scrambled" sunfish)
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1/2 cup white wine
3 Tablespoons capers, with liquid
1/4 cup butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

Quickly brown the fish on medium heat. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Use the white wine to deglaze the skillet , reducing the wine to nearly nothing left then stir in the garlic, butter and capers.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Simmer for 1 minute.
Return fish to the skillet and coat with sauce.
Return the steaks to the skillet, and coat them with sauce.
Cook fish until flaky.

Serve fish immediately with the sauce from the skillet poured over it

====

Seriously though, if you want deep fried stuff, stick to LJS.
>>
>>839957
>All the rednecks and coons here just deepfry literally everything. That is their end all solution to their culinary debasement slathered in mustard, ketchup, and drowned with lite beer. They don't want to taste the fish, they want to taste the fat, salt, and sugar instead. I implore you to try something else instead.
Last time I went trout fishing I gutted and cleaned them, then stuffed with with some lemon wedges and dill, and sprinkled the inside and out with salt, pepper, crushed red pepper (the tangy kind) and a touch of garlic powder, then drizzled some olive oil on them. Then I grilled them till they were crispy, and topped them with home-made lemon butter. I'm not a fan of frying everything.

>Return fish to the skillet and coat with sauce.
>Return the steaks to the skillet, and coat them with sauce.
I think you duplicated a step there. Anyways, that recipe looks pretty good. How hard are bluegill to fillet though?
>>
>>839943
>if I can't get my dad to buy me beer
Dammit skid. Just try to fake being normal for once.
>>
>>839963
>I think you duplicated a step there

lol two different recipes actually.

>How hard are bluegill to fillet though?

Easy enough, but it depends on their size. Small ones are really not worth it. Large ones are much better. By large I mean the body needs to be as large as your entire hand.

Otherwise, cut their heads off, gut, shove a stick through them, roast them over the fire, pull the skin off, and flake the meat off with a fork or knife. Carefully look for bones. Apply sauce and/or seasonings. That's my go-to outdoor cooking method of fish.
>>
>>839943
Brew your own beer.
>>
>>839964
Does stealing vodka from your parent's stash fall under "normal"?
>>
>>839974
Been there, done that. I also had liquor stores that sold to me when I was in HS plus a ton of older friends so didn't really worry about that.
>>
>>839438
This.
>>
File: 9873621.jpg (120KB, 1040x680px)
9873621.jpg
120KB, 1040x680px
>>839525 salt or fresh in sd?

salt Easy mode: go to mission beach jetty. walk out there early in the morning. bring bait and bring some smaller swimbaits. cast aroung the rocks where the rocks meet the sand and bounce your jig or bait around there. youll get bit. bring a few spoons, a castabubble or a fw popper and a few flys in case macs are there. theres calicos sandbass perch hali's mackerel bonito off the jetty. dont fish the OB jetty unless you want smelt. use a sabiki, tipped with shrimp on a surf bobber if you do. ALSO but some perch crack. 2" gulp camo sand worms. carolina rigg them and toss in the surf...like I said you will get bit.

a little harder mode: spend a few bucks and go out on a halfday trip. the skippers will put you on some easy fish. A overnight to coronado islands is also fun as is the 1-1/2 day trips but I dont think your up to yellow fin and yellowtail quite yet. A half day trip will make you smile fishing the local kelpbeds around point loma and la jolla. youll run into some smaller yellow tail there too (rats) as well as barracuda, calico bass, sand bass, macs, bonito, smaller rockfish, sheepshead, cabezon ect...lots of variety to catch and they are a cheap way to get fish on.
>>
wipe the drag washers down and grease the washers before installing. I like to use Cal's its the best on the market.

>>839645
Are you trolling? because youre wrong..

you grease drag washers. wipe them clean and grease before installing. people who say shit like this confirms that most here just do not know what theyre doing OR they give terrible advise on purpose. which would fuck up the guys reel..
>>
File: walleye.jpg (108KB, 948x527px) Image search: [Google]
walleye.jpg
108KB, 948x527px
most recent catch, caught on a jig late at night
24.5inches
>>
>>839525
This post made me laugh so hard

I feel for you anon
>>
File: pike.png (2MB, 720x960px)
pike.png
2MB, 720x960px
>>840006
some pike from couple months ago
>>
>>839999
Nice quads
>>
>>839999
How should I set up a bonito fly jig or should I just throw spoon for them. I might head to jetty and pier to look for them after the halibut and corbina bites die down in the sand.
>>
File: ture.jpg (67KB, 1211x668px)
ture.jpg
67KB, 1211x668px
>>840067
throw both. spoons are good for searching and finding where in the column theyre hanging.
bonito spasher is basic. a weighted float or popper with around foot and a half to 2' of floro tied to the fly. pop it drag it make it make bubbles.

if high tide walk the jetty inland towards the bridge. theres halibut there. toss swim baits and jerk baits for them.
theres also bay bass spotties and sandies on the mission bay side towards the hotels. ride a bike around the bay theres tons of spots to hit. try over by the boat launches too. fish are attracted there because of the cleaning stations at the ramp. And try near the bait receivers where the sportboats buy bait. theres fish there. I wouldnt waste time on the high piers, (OB & crystal) theyre only sometimes pruductive and its more of a circus fishing there. the few that are in the bay are fun, a little over populated with asians but theres fish at least.. shelter island pier sometimes gets the schools of macs and bones, might want to call the baitshop there and get a report.
>>
File: image.jpg (1000KB, 2511x2084px)
image.jpg
1000KB, 2511x2084px
got the boat registered and on the water for the first time today. It's going to take some time for me to learn how to analyze lakes and how to fish them. My fishing game is about to reach the next level.
>>
>>840114
a gps fishfinder helps a lot as well.
>>
File: image.jpg (157KB, 1108x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157KB, 1108x1280px
>>840114
Oh I forgot to add I got swarmed by a nest of yellow jackets at the dock. Fuckers stung my lower left leg 5 times. It's so swoll it looks like an over filled sausage link
>>
>>840116
Yeah I talked to my dad about what would be appropriate for a boat like that and he wasn't really sure. I might just go with one of those portable bag ones that you just carry on and off with every use. Can't see myself sinking possibly hundreds ion dollars into electronics on a 14 foot boat
>>
>>839964
>>839974

holy shit i thought we were all old fogies here in the fishing thread, we have some under 21's???

enjoy it while you can. next thing you know you're dating 25-35 year old milfs.
>>
>>840123
im 19 and I want nothing more then to date a 25-35 y/o mommy gf
>>
File: image.jpg (192KB, 640x1136px)
image.jpg
192KB, 640x1136px
>>840114
All I need to do for mine is rewire the trailer and I'm getting the shit to do that tomorrow. I'm pretty pumped.

>>840125
+1 my nigga
>>
>>840123
a fresh 20 here,
>>
>>840125

lel i'm trollin' for young thick chicks, talking to two right now.

doing better catching women than fish. i accidentally went fuck bitches get money for a few years and after getting back into fishing realized i didn't have a fishing partner anymore, so i aim to fix that pretty soon.

strangely enough i don't have many guy friends that are into fishing, if so only casually.
>>
>>840137
only problem is a lot of them young thic'ns are straight thot ass hoes
>>
Water so warm the Commissioner is closing certain areas of the river to protect fish
shits getting serious
>>
>>840143

some are, some are not. win/win situation for me.
>>
>>840147
Have you started fly fishing yet? If not I'll sell you my fiberglass 7 wt combo.
>>
>>840123
Yeah, I've hit the age where the MILFs are just the daring pool.
>>
How often do you get skunked? I just started fishing again about a month or so ago and it is about 50% of the time for me. The other 50% I catch one and thats it. Hopefully it is just this 95+ degree weather every weekend.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>840233
Summer is definitely rough here with the warm water, but I mentioned it earlier in the thread saying I rarely get skunked it I'm fishing my local lakes I know. But with the heat, I go out around 6pm and often times I won't get shit until just as the sun is going down. Then I will get 2 or 3 fish within 20min and head home.

If the bass really aren't biting for shit or I'm out earlier in the day, I just break out a Mepps and try to go for snakeheads and Mayans, maybe even a bluegill.

Then I have my random lakes where I know there are nice fish but 75% of the time I get skunked and the other 25% of the time the fishing is great. Most of the clear water lakes with peacock bass that I go to are like this. But I go to those lakes knowing it might be shit and it I get frustrated I will just stop by a lake closer to my house on the way home and get a few smaller bass.
>>
>>840233
Probably the heat
>>
>>840243
Hey Pepsi what is your excuse for not fly fishing?
>>
>>840245
hes gay
>>
>>840245
I would start doing saltwater moar before I start fly fishing
>>
What is your excuse for not spending 20 dollars on some gotcha plugs, bucktail jigs, and gulp swimming mullet and finding a place to fish
>>840247
So am I but I fly fish
>>
>>839720
The earlier seasons seem to be more fishing than entertainment.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>840254
>Lern 2 quote

Because I spent $20 on this bullshit instead and I'm catching stuff with it. If I were getting skunked and frustrated, maybe I would go deal with the crowds at the pier. But I'm still finding new freshwater spots and catching feesh there.
>>
>>839720
Wasn't it the very first episode where he's fishing the headwaters of the Ganges and has a huge catfish (goonch) on the line, and just jumps in the fucking river and lets it pull him around a bend so he can land it? Dude's a maniac.
>>
>>840256
>Implying the pier is the only place to fish
There are tons of non crowded places to fish
>>
>>840262
I could do his job
>Be me
>Wal-Mart catfish combo on banks of obX
>buy a wire rig with a 5/0 octopus hook
>Tie it up with 5 oz of lead
>Hook on the front half of a 15 inch bluefish
>Put rod in sand spike near rip tide
>Swim out in the rip tide with 7 inches of bleeding fish in one hand
>Lifegaurd waiting on shore when I get back in
>Reminds me what a stupid cunt I am and how I could have died
>Dobt hook into anything all day
>Not even a bite
7/10 would do it again
But with my Penn no 68 long beach and a 16/0 hook on 400 pound wire and a whole bluefish
>>
>>840270
You in NC?
>>
File: 20160817_153740.jpg (2MB, 2117x1552px)
20160817_153740.jpg
2MB, 2117x1552px
What's going on with this little guy? It looked like a bunch of little eggs.
Sorry if the photo is a little low res, I'm on satellite internet and had to lower it. Southeastern Ontario area if that helps ID whatever it is.
>>
>>840290
Probably a parasite

>satellite internet

Worst thing ever.
>>
http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=94765686

Any other kayaks that sit up higher like this one? Preferably one that costs less but I don't know how much these types cost.
>>
>>840103
I'm the OC anon instead of the SD anon.

So what lb line would you use for bonito. What hook size is good. Where would I get those flies and what would be a good price range for them
>>
>>840307
all kayaks with a stadium seat are expensive.

the best "deal" is the vibe sea ghost 130 at $900 as it comes with a rudder and some cheap paddle. you won't get any other new kayak with a rudder for under $1000.
>>
File: IMG_0712.jpg (1MB, 2245x1627px)
IMG_0712.jpg
1MB, 2245x1627px
>>840307
$800 is pretty standard starting point for semi-higher end fishing yaks. I've got a Feelfree 13.5 and LOVE it but like $1200
Also heavy...
>>
>>840273
Ohio. My family vacations in Nc from time to time
I want to move there sometime though.
>>
first anon with trips dictates what rod I will buy for the Accurate BV-300 I just bought today
>>
>>840319
I saw a fishing yak at Wal-Mart the other day that was marked down to $279
I'm sure it wasn't as quality as yours but it had everything necessary and was well made

Really wish I bit on it but I don't have a truck or a roof rack for my car
>>
File: 98765413.jpg (19KB, 370x107px)
98765413.jpg
19KB, 370x107px
>>840313
8-12# line. smaller live bait hooks 6,2,1
The flys I tie myself but you can get them at
flystop or strouds. flystop is way cheaper. theyre like $1.50-2.00 each buy a few in different colors. green yellow, blue white
>>
>>839271
Yeah they do

I've had them stalk lures for ages and never strike at it
Big ass spinnerbaits seem to be the go to for them though but they'll take anything IF they're in a taking mood which seems to be rare

They can also be hard to catch as lake trout or walleye tend to be far more abundant in their habitat so you'll go out for Muskie and come back with the limit of walleye

I actually had one on recently and I wasn't even targeting Muskie
I was jigging for walleye and a rock bass took my line and as I was bringing him in a Muskie struck the rock bass and didn't let him go but didn't hold on long enough to get him to the boat

I have found that they tend to congregate towards relatively shallow rock formations in the evening
>>
Here is the cheap tungsten weight site I was looking for the other day

http://www.omfishingsinkers.com/Category.html
>>
How do you nerds set up your wacky rigs? O-rings, straight into the worm? Something else?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>840611
I don't use wacky rigs a lot, but I have the little rings. I don't think it makes any difference aside from the baits lasting longer.
>>
>>840624
Yeah, I had a little 8" LMB bite yesterday and lost the whole senko on the first cast. Landed it and realized the worm was gone and I'm too poor to afford buying a bag of senkos every time I go out.
>>
>>839936
Keep in mind that fed bluegill may taste like what they've been eating....and if it's dog food they're not gonna taste so good.
>>
>>840483
A temporary block means a janmy put you in for a ban and an admin needs to approve/deny it. Expect a ban m8
>>
>>840233
In the big lake nearest me the thermocline is like 22 feet right now. The only people catching fish are in boats fishing jigs at 25-35 feet, only above submerged brush/weeds. There's simply no way to do that from shore. They're pulling out 100+ crappie a day though.
>>
>>840641
I think his dad feeds them bread, but thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>840479
Even with a full size truck I had to buy a bed extender.
For $300 you should find a way to make it work. At least you'll be able to get out.
>>
>>840305
I agree on both accounts.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>840655
Git yerself a real truk
>>
>>840669
>water gauge

D-do you use it as a live well?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>840672
>155F
I don't think the bass would like that too much. Plus it is mixed with coolant.
>>
>>840669
>driving 60Klbs down the road taking pictures and surfing 4chan
>>
>>840686
Skid pls

Just lookin for some bikers to run down...
>>
>>840678
You have 14 batteries!!!! You're truck must be HUEG! What happens if it runs out of batteries?
>>
>>840702
>What happens if it runs out of batteries?
The lights stop working
>>
>>839338
>cats
>putting up a good fight
kek
>>
>>839380
Little penis sydrome much?
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>840702
Call the mechanics and take a nap while waiting for a fresh one. A year or two ago it happened to me and I fell asleep in my truck. The battery box is right under the driver's door and I woke up to the mechanic wrenching on shit.

These trucks only have 2 big batteries since I don't run a liftgate or a bunch of accessorie but most semi trucks will have 3 or 4 batteries, especially the sleeper cabs.
>>
>>840462
Rolling for saint croix AVSC120HMF2
>>
Panther martins vs mepps... Thoughts?
>>
>>840678
Try warm-water species like sneks and peacocks
>>
File: 654.jpg (268KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
654.jpg
268KB, 550x825px
>>840462
Sub $30 hardware store pole
>>
>>839388
>1lb cats
>fight harder
70% of all the cats I catch are under 3 lbs. this is not true. Maybe if I use a different rod set up.
>>
cant remember if anyone ever responded to that one anon looking for the super cheap tungsten weights but I came across it again http://www.omfishingsinkers.com/Category.html
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Beautiful pond full of bluegill and bass at my school. And I'm not allowed to fish it.
>>
>>840462
Rolling for No. 8 tackle blackout
>>
>>840776
So close
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 360x640px)
image.jpg
141KB, 360x640px
>>840776
So close :(
>>
>>840462
ugly stick
>>
>>840777
hahahahahahahaha
>>
>>840777
And you missed your chance.
>>
>>840747
>>840462
Reroll?
>>
>>840782
The whiskey to cigar ratio is way off.
>>
File: 0819161413.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px)
0819161413.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>
was prepared to get skunked in this fucking heat, literally second cast on a mepps black fury i bought 15 minutes earlier

really need to get a new rod, i could feel the reel ready to fucking fall apart whilst fighting it

and to think i unironically casted in the direction of a hunting fish with a foot thick head and a body like a giant snakehead fucked an obese muskie that kept jumping out of the water
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>840749
Panther Martins are made by the same company ad Rooster Tails. I never use them because I can't find any larger than 1/8oz. I'm guessing they run a bit deeper than Mepps because of the blade. They look just like the Mepps XD.

Mepps are GOAT though. The Colorado blades on Agilas make more noise.

>>840771
Just do it pussy

>>840798
They have been $3 for like a month now. Of course they are picked through. Too bad because the topwater stuff is nice.

A couple months ago they had Yo-Zuri 3DB's for $5 or something and all of the stores were wiped within a few days. Not a single 3DB left.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>840801
Man smallmouth are awesome. I have never lived anywhere with lots of smallmouth and got one once years and years ago in northern WI.

Mepps a GOAT. Black Furies are made with a bit of magic. When absolutly nothing is working, the Mepps will get something.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I'm gonna go jump this guy and steal his boat. I will leave the Pepsi trailer on the side of the Turnpike and tow that thing home with the tractor.
>>
>>840669
>>840678
>>840817

what kind of truck is this? always wanted one of them older trucks with the big thin steering wheels and wooden dash
>>
>>840847

older Kenworth semi judging from the logo on the steering wheel.
>>
>>840817
i know it's hard, but you gotta suppress your negro instincts.
>>
>>840817
>Steal boat
>Still never go saltwater fishing
What's the point?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>840847
This >>840857

I would love to DD a T800 daycab around. Just take it to the grocery store and shit.

>>840863
I'm trying.

>>840874
I might go if I had a boat. That thing would probably be better for bays and shit, the bigger ones that would be good for open water always have 3 big ass outboards. Either way even that smaller one on the trailer was probably an expensive toy.
>>
The 100% succesful way to get a (you) from Pepsi:
Include the word "mepps" in your post.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>840883
Mepps a GOAT
>>
File: 0819161530.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px)
0819161530.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Gonna try out this $70 field & stream tec spec 7' rod and return the 6'6" Abu. Was gonna get the Abu veritas but this is basically the same rod with smaller guides a $30 less.
>>
>>840809
>just do it pussy
It's literally on campus. People walk on the bridge and it's like a 5 foot drop off on the bank. Maybe next week I'll go at like 7pm and see what happens.
>>
>>840879
>3 big ass outboards
You're on the Atlantic coast? That thing is perfect for the Gulf
>>
How many of you guys are licensed? None of my friends are, but I never fish without it. I've never been checked by a game officer in the 5 years I have been regularly fishing. I want to support the state's fish program so I will continue purchasing licenses though.
>>
>>840895
Gotta have 3 outboards for the Bermuda Triangle

>>840891
Let me know how it is. I have a few Bass Pro rods but I was curious about the Field & Stream rods, especially since they have good sales on them a lot. And you will probably like that 7'. Next memecaster or medium weight spinning setup I do, I'm gonna go 6'9" or 7'. Almost everything I use is 6'6".
>>
>>840902
I've never fished with out one ever. That's also because my dad got me a life time sportsman license when I was 5
and they just mail me my new one and tags every spring
>>
>>840902
I have never been asked for my license (in IL or FL) but I always have one. It's <$20 for a year, and the consequences of not having one are harsh. Between the fine and if the warden decides to take your tackle, that costs more than a lifetime worth of fishing licenses.
>>
>>840902
Never been checked, but yea I've got my fresh and salt licences. Not worth the risk imo.
>>
>>840902
Always have one, never been checked.
>>
There is a broken St Croix Triumph at one spot where I fish. I just realized I might be able to get a replacement for $55 if I send it back to them under warranty. Is it worth it? The rod is $100 at Dicks.

Or it could be used for $55 towards an upgraded St Croix rod.
>>
>>840902
Always have had one
Always will
Only been stopped once ever
>>
>>840903

7 foot is where it's at. It's just a little extra top whip and speed. All my main rods are 7 except my lews which is close at 6 10.
>>
>>840944
I like my long rods
7 ft
My ultralight is 7 ft 6
My next rod I pick up will either be a 7 ft all around or something closer to 8 ft
>>
>>840948

seems like when you get into 7'6" and 8' you start getting more grip than grip to tip increase. i'm not catching anything that will require that much leverage but i wouldn't mind an extra 6 inches or even a foot without having grip length increase.
>>
>>840747
>>840462
Rererolling
>>
>>840991
Fucking...
>>
>>840995
Last roll
>>
>>840857
>>840879

>semi

a little out of my league lmao

future job may have me driving some larger trucks/off road vehicles but for now im stuck with my jeep liberty

>>840883

i am fully on board the mepps train

side note; is there a better way to rig them besides just straight tying to the line? should i be using a swivel and give it some leader room? will weights fuck with them? couldn't really cast it out that far, it's a tad light
>>
>>840996
I think he bought thw field & stream?

Otherwise Berkley Lightning Rod
>>
>>840996
Last roll for real
>>
>>840999
Damn it a 12 foot rod would have been funny
>>
>>841000
Failure...
>>
>>841004
Fitting*
>>840999
Pic related is not a reel that goes on a Berkley lightning rod
>>
>>840999

no that was me, the guy who was talking about tripping a couple threads ago just before zebco started tripping.

pflueger/hurricane calico jack/old abu reel/zoom trick worm fag here. guy who bought the 70's model zebco 33 which btw needs some work but that's another story for another reply.
>>
Will a cork handled rod really keep it from sinking if it falls in?
>>
What is the best trailer for a carolina rig?
>>
File: image.jpg (890KB, 3264x2448px)
image.jpg
890KB, 3264x2448px
Attempting to night fish...

Nothing on the chatterbait or buzzbait yet. Thinking of going with a Texas rigged soft plastic but not sure what to use. Lizards? Trick worms? Finesse worms? Crawdads? Flukes/Shads? And wut color? That MTB article reccommended bigger worms so I'm thinkin of the trick worms but not sure what color.

>>841101
I don't think that's the purpose of the cork. The reel will probably be too heavy anyway.
>>
>>841110
Try a walk the dog type stickbait in black
>>
>>841110
Black is the o ly color to fish at night on topwater (assuming you're talking about using a big worm like a snake imitation)
It silhouettes itself almost no mater what from below
>>
>>841113
Yeah I figured dark. I'm running one of those Culprit slim craws in "Bama Bug" and got a couple hits. Almost like a junebug but more blue sparkles.

>>841111
That reminds me, I had my eye on these black Yamamoto topwater baits but they were all sold out when the shit finally went on sale. The buzzbait I was using was black.
>>
>>841130
Put a black senko (or the closest you have) on an ewg texasrig hook weightless and twitch it in just under the surface
>>
Wew, almost got skunked today. Had to pull out the drop shot to land a babby smallie.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 890x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 890x300px
>>841130
Givin up on that mission. Gotta go drop the Cosby kids off at the pool and I should probably leave before I get the Zika.

Btw, pic related is the Culprit lure I was talking about. Gotta be the slim ones though, they just work befter. Probably my favorite crawdad soft bait. Only complaint is the plastic Culprit uses isn't my favorite. If these things were made with the Z-Man plastic, they would be the best soft baits ever.
>>
Fuck. I did it again. I left that bag full of all my soft baits in the parking lot at the lake. I always set it down, put my main bag in my car, prop the rods up on the bag, and then throw the soft plastics bag in the car. I hope the thing is there. At least it was rhe lake like 5min from my house.
>>
>>841161
Good job
>>
>>841148
Damn that's a neat looking lure
>>
PESPI FRAG
Wii only have 103 more posts
We need a new bread for to postings of shit bass and shitgear and general fishing shitposting
We'll nevur be as gud as kniv treads if we dohnt have 4 active breads at a time

Also I want all you fags to know how hard that post was fighting auto correct every step of the way
>>
I hope I catch some fish tomorrow
>>
>>840479
pool noodles and rope is all you need, maybe some s hooks
>>
File: 101_hdr12.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
101_hdr12.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
look at this one
>>
Anybody fishing in ontario? Going down guelph lake for some pike tomorrow, what are your spots? Fairy lake in acton and black river in jackson's point used to be my main spots until chinese came.
>>
>>841318
Is it one of those parasites that eats the fish's tongue?

>>841323
>>841304
Go get em. I can't decide if I should get out there or go back to sleep.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>bruh, just take me with you!
>>
At my friend's land house. Caught 3 bass, a bluegill and a pickerel last night. Also had something monstrous almost rip the rod out of my hands and break my line with my brand new booyah jig on it. I'm pissed about that.

Sun just rose and I'm hoping on the jonny boat now. About to fish the shit out of this lake.
>>
>>841413
Lake house*
>>
>>841413
Yee somebody else is getting it in early.

Every fucking weekend I set my alarm for 5am with intentions of getting out there early and I always fall back asleep til 10am. Woulda liked to get out of the house 30min earlier today but I should make it to the lake by sunrise. I think I'm goin to the lake I was at last Saturday. Didn't have any luck then but I just want to hit a spot that may have peacocks.
>>
>tfw it's rained almost every day this summer
>river too muddy to go bass fishing
>calling for storms today and tomorrow
>been fishing once all year
>worst summer ever
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>841459
That's why I never want to move back north until global warming floods all of FL and Chicago has 60F wnters. I like being able to do shit outside all year round. But even if it's raining, I have my raincoat in the car. Just gotta avoid the lightning.

Tried this new lake this morning, I have been scoping it out while working but never really fished it. Unfortunately it's like all these other lakes in SW Broward. They are man-made with super clear water and a pain in the ass to fish. Idk if the clear water means it gets warmer, or the fish can tell the lure is fake, or maybe the fish can see me and won't bite. I'm sure if I could find a lake with clear water like that but rarely fished it wouldn't be so bad. I also saw 3 ded largemouth right in the weeds. 2 were small but 1 was 16"-17".

Gonna try another lake for a minute. The FL sun gets you cooking though. As soon as it comes up, it gets nice and warm with high humidity because the wind doesn't pick up til later. Gonna try and get a few bites and then go back to sleep.
>>
>>841463
I'm in Kentucky and this is one of the wettest years I can ever remember having.

I don't get to go to lake (no boat) so I always hit rivers, but they're up so high and muddy that it would be a waste of time.

Unfortunately we have pretty cold winters too, so I stay indoors then. Although hunters swear this is a great place to live, I'm just not a hunter.
>>
>>841459
>>841465
Northeast. I think it's rained like 4 times this summer. Not quite drought but close.
>>
>>841463
>I like being able to do shit outside all year round

I read this as "I like being able to shit outside all year round" like 5 times in a row.

I live in central IL. I do shit outside all year, just not always in shorts. Sweatshirt and jeans weather is my favorite anyway.
>>
>>841467
I would prefer that
>>
File: seems suspicious.png (548KB, 623x630px)
seems suspicious.png
548KB, 623x630px
>Catch and release

Why? What is the point of fishing if you are not going to eat them? I can understand letting illegals, too smalls, and too larges go, but proper species and sizes for eating size should be eaten. That should be why you are there. To acquire food. Otherwise, you are just traumatizing and possibly killing animals for no proper reason at all.
>>
>>841469
>Sweatshirt and jeans weather
hoodie and shorts down to the 40's or lower. Love that.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Fuck these lillies. Haven't been here in a couple months and these lilly pad beds grew. There were clear spots before that I could run stuff through. But now it isn't even worth fishing here since I don't have any rods with 60lb line and if I hook something decent it will wrap me up and I will never get it in.

First cast I had a bite too, must have pulled the hook out of the worm and stuck it right into a lilly stem.

>>841472
It's a challenge. Like vidya gaymes but outside and seeing the world.

>>841469
Fuck that. I can't deal with weather under 60F these days. We get a week or two a year where it gets down to the 50s at night, maybe a night or two with a cold front that gets us to 49F for a couple hours, and I have the heat going full blast in my car. The weather up there is so depressing, especially when you go from 20F in February, then all of March and April is 45F and rainy, and then May comes and it's 90F. It's so much easier to get out of bed in the morning when it isn't 10F outside.
>>
>>841475
You can always tell the tourists from the locals when it is a 65F January night and the tourists are wearing shorts, sandals, and a T-shirt while the people who live here have big jackets on.
>>
>>841471
No you wouldn't,
Fish are dying by the thousands due to lack of oxygen and water temps being too high
>>
>>841472
You must not have very much fun when you're fishing
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I learnt sumthin today:

Memecasters don't like drop shot rigs.

Also this lake I'm at would be fucking great if the water were a little more murky. Largemouth, peacocks, and cichlids all chasing my baits and then stop short like 6" of biting it. Some fat Mayans were trying to gobble up the weight of the drop shot too. If I let him swallow it, I probably could've landed the thing with no hook.
>>
>>841481
>wearing
If I were tourista-ing down there I'd be wearing a tank and no pants.
>>
>>841529
When I first moved down here, I don't think I wore socks or shoes for the first 2 or 3 months. I wore sandals everywhere.

Outside of work, I rarely even wear shorts now.
>>
File: stcroix.jpg (74KB, 600x802px)
stcroix.jpg
74KB, 600x802px
>>840936
I went today to pick it up.

Should I replace it for $55? Its still under warranty. Its a medium. I wonder if they would give me a medium heavy instead?
>>
File: 20160721_185549.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px)
20160721_185549.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Custom shark leaders are here.. aww yee
>>
>>841459
>>841463
>Being afraid of weather
If you aren't fishing/doing things year round it's your own fault
>>841527
You need the lightest flouro you can use and the most hyperrealistic lures you can. Or better yet use live bait
>>841555
I'll give you 20 bucks to have it replaced and the replacement mailed to me
>>
>>841555
How does one break a rod anyway? I mean when it doesn't involve an accident like falling or car/trunk doors.
>>
>>841578
Take another picture with a size reference (soda can, beer bottle, dollar Bill) so we can see
>>
>>841583
I broke a fly rod this year. The tip broke about 6 inches down. I wasn't even applying much pressure on the line (a decent bluegill would have broken it)
>>
>>841481
>65F

It was snowing one winter in South Carolina when I happened to be down there. I was the only person wearing nothing but shorts and swimming in the ocean. People were freaking out at the snow Apocalypse. The only reason I even stopped was because no one at all knew how to drive in the snow and because of that the roads were completely deadly.
>>
File: 20160820_120511-1.jpg (3MB, 2070x2416px) Image search: [Google]
20160820_120511-1.jpg
3MB, 2070x2416px
>>841585
Quarter for scale.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_ePtr2GAaHMvlVo6Jnq_g

Lunkers TV got hacked
>>
>>841594
Looks a little small. Unless you're going after littler sharks in which case why buy a custom
>>
>>841596
Yeah it's only a 14/0 hook for casting off piers and the beach. I got a 3 pack for like 15 bucks. figured it was cheap and didn't feel liek making any.
>>
>>840747
>>840991
>>840995
>>841000
skid has anyone ever told you that you're autistic
>>
>>841459
REEEEEEEEEE

MAKE IT STOP
>>
>>839999
What's that lure called that looks like a sand dab?
>>
>>841583
My coworker broke mine because he held a 3-4lb bass out of the water, in the air, and let it flop around
>>
>>839525
Go on a half-day trip, dunkass. The boats out of H&M and Fisherman's landing are returning with limits of yellowtail/tuna/bonito/etc. or bass and rockfish depending on what trip you book. <~$100 will get you a trip, a gear rental, a ton of fish and and all of said fish butchered and packaged at the dock. ~$150 will get you all that except more of it and probably better fishing.
>>
do you need a boat to fish the St. Lawrence river effectively? I'm in the massena ny area and want in on the muskie and pike fishing.
>>
>>841868
It's really that cheap?

I want to go back to that lake I was at this morning with the peacocks and a bunch of shit chasing my lures that wouldn't bite, but it's a bit of a drive and now I'm enjoying the AC. Should've left like an hour ago. What do?!?
>>
File: Bass_Fishing_in_the_Rain.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bass_Fishing_in_the_Rain.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>bawwww it is raining i can't go fishing!

For fuck sake. Fishing in the rain is top tier action. Get a poncho and get your ass out there.
>>
>>841931
god damn what is the weight of that bass
>>
File: DSCN5250a.jpg (3MB, 7288x2736px)
DSCN5250a.jpg
3MB, 7288x2736px
Who strip bait here?
>>
>>841884
>peacocks and a bunch of shit chasing my lures that wouldn't bite

Use a larger lure and/or increase your retrieve speed.

>What do?!?

Learn to tie flies and make cheap lures.
>>
>>841943
I actually did start doing the faster retrieve and that's when I finally got that tiny largemouth.

The other peacocks I have gotten are always on finesse presentations with soft plastics. Those lakes get so frustrating, I just want to dump a few trailers full of mud into them to get the water a bit more murky. Plus those rocky manmade lakes don't support a ton of vegetation and maybe that means these fish are only going for prey that they can really see and know are real.
>>
>>841948
What lure(s)?
>>
>>841958
I was doing a beetle spin. Gold blade, black jighead, and bright orange Gulp 2" curly tail minnow. The orange was driving them crazy and I had a bunch of baby peacocks, largemouth, and cichlids running up to it when I was running it fast. I had to go pretty damn fast though, and the beetle spin with a heavier jighead (1/4oz I think) was one of the only things that would stay down.

I also had a bubblegum Trick Worm that wasn't getting much attention at low speeds, but with faster erratic motions I was actually getting nibbles but no bass really swallowing it up. Next time that happens I'm either going to run a jerkbait or put a 1/2oz bullet on a paddle tail and run that really fast.
>>
>>841964
>beetle spin

That's the problem. It is the lure. switch to an inline spinner with a short hair tail. Wet the hair tail and cut the tail flush with the bottom of the treble hook.

When fish trail lures like that, they typically nibble the very end of the lure tail or the spinner above it. Reeling in faster revs up the fish's attack instinct to get them to strike hard. Having a lure that has a small profile like a mepps or roostertail will prevent poor strikes. Trimming the tail will increase hooking them solidly when they just nibble.

Those over and under lures where the spinner is above a jig/fly tend to get followers a great deal. They more or less confuse the fish.

>bubblegum Trick Worm

That area has too many panfish and small fish to be using worms effectively. They will constantly pile up around and behind the lure and mess up your chances for landing a proper size fish for that lure size. Lures that mimic baitfish will work better.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>841973
I have tried everything in those situations. The beetle spin was actually getting a ton of attention. They were going for the orange minnow instead of the blade so that wasn't an issue. Sometimes inlines work, sometimes they just scare the fish away with the clear water and sun so they aren't always the best choice for those waters.

And the trick worm thing is interesting with what you mentioned. The lake down the street from my house, right around sunset the baifish come to the top and start trying to eat bugs and there are always bass right behind them. I can throw cranks, swimbaits, topwater, spinners, etc to try and mimic the baitfish and they won't hit it. I Texas rig a lizard, worm, or craw, throw it right by the baitfish, and the bass go right for that. Whenever I see that situation with the baitfish feeding and the bass lurking nearby, worms and creature baits on the bottom nearby seem to work better than trying to replicate the baitfish.

Pic related, this guy was chasing around some baitfish in real shallow water and making a bunch of commotion. Threw a limetruese trick worm out and he would immediately go for the worm when it came close and ignore the fish. Seems like they are already hungry and would rather hit the easy meal.

I also kept throwing the trick worm anyway because I was hoping for bigger bass and not trying to get the cichlids anyway. I should've gone back to that lake tonight:
>>
>>840749
Panther Martin is the best spinner there is. The blade action is consistent at even the slowest speeds. This applies to some mepps as well, but not as consistent. I like the colors of PMs more personally. And I think they are a bit heavier at a given size. Plus if I write 10 more posts like this they will send me a free Panther martin.
>>
>>841986
.1 Panther Martin has been deposited into your account
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>841986
Still haven't gotten any free Mepps in the mail. Might have to go shoot some squirrels and mail in the tails.
>>
File: image.jpg (572KB, 1335x981px)
image.jpg
572KB, 1335x981px
Caught one crappie today

The golf course that is home to my secret bass spot had a tournament going on today so couldn't fish there and instead went to the local water supply reservoir

Got him on a Texas rigged chartreuse pepper lizard 5/0 EWG hook 1/8oz sinker

What are your go-to lizard colors?
>>
>>842010
>golf course
>lizard colors
>>
>>842014
Holy shit that is one gigantic gator
>>
File: theroy.jpg (58KB, 540x960px)
theroy.jpg
58KB, 540x960px
look at the size of this marlin and what they eat...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=e7c_1471536534
>>
>>842000
According to my math, one would have to kill and process 34.5 sph (squirrels per hour) in order to make the federal minimum wage by turning squirrel tails into mepps.
>>
>>842032
Wow that LMB is awesome. I have seen a pic of a crappie like that too
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>842037
But don't they give you double the credit if you spend it directly on Mepps stuff instead of getting cash? That's only 17.25 squirrels per hour!

I mean it would be fun target practice with the .22. Stock em up in the freezer or whatever and ship them out when you have a couple hundred.

>>842010
Sprayed Grass might be my favorite Zoom color. Seems to work really well in clear to medium water. Although chartruese pepper seems to work really well when nothing else is, especially in clear water. I like the darker stuff most of the time. I have a color called "Africa Special" and that one is neat.

tl;dr: Sprayed Grass.

I have Sprayed Grass lizards, brush hogs, trick worms, and finesse worms.
>>
>>842032
Catching tuna is already hard enough, imaging catching the thing that eats them for lunch...
>>
>>841931
what kind of pants do you wear rainfishing?
>>
>>842062
shorts that my rain jacket covers, or waders
>>
>>842043
What's your 2nd favorite color?
>>
PESPI FRAG
DONT DIE
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/if-you-see-worm-while-youre-out-and-about-stop-what-youre-doing-and-run-away-fast?cb=513667
>>
thought on cotton candy color?
>>
File: 13.jpg (85KB, 960x720px)
13.jpg
85KB, 960x720px
>>842169
east coast stripers and tuna like it.
its a popular hogy color.
>>
>>842186
I target largemouth exclusively due to being far from the shore and not up North where I could go for lake trout or walleye or Muskie

I catch the occasional bluegill and crappie and chain pickerel but not with any intent
>>
Anon who was fishing at his friend's lakehouse here.

I was doing evening fishing and was doing pretty well. A chain pickerel cut my line so I switched to metal leaders, and then tried a brand new jig for the first time:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000IVNBU2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I really liked the way it looked and felt and was happy to try it. I casted it by one of those floating docks with the diving boards on them that people have out in lakes about 30' off the shore, and about 4 seconds after I started reeling, the largest fish I've ever felt in freshwater swallowed it. It started to spool me, but completely broke the line after about 10 seconds of ridiculous fighting and almost ripping the rod out of my hands. My friend was next to me and saw it happen so everyone else knew I wasn't bullshitting about it, and my friend's mom showed up the next day and told us the same thing happened to her in the same spot, but no one believed her. She also said that one day while she was just sitting on the dock she saw a bass the size of her thigh swim by, so she thought it was that. I'm furious I couldn't bring it in. I didn't even know freshwater fish were capable of fighting like that.

Anyways, what happens to bass when they have a jig like that in their mouth and break the line? Can they get it out or are they fucked? I really don't want that monster to die.
>>
>>842204
>Anyways, what happens to bass when they have a jig like that in their mouth and break the line? Can they get it out or are they fucked? I really don't want that monster to die.

The hook will rust out in a few days and they'll be
Even if they swallowed it bass have very powerful stomach acid (more powerful than humans' by an order of magnitude) that would dissolve the metal

Big bass can go a while between meals so if the hook somehow impeded his feeding he would be okay anyway
>>
>>842062
Either shorts and flip flops or a cheap dollar store poncho over normal clothing.
>>
File: Catfish.jpg (4MB, 4544x3392px)
Catfish.jpg
4MB, 4544x3392px
Who else catfishes?
>>
>>842030
too bad its fake
>>
>>842246
I've tried but it always takes a long time for me just to get a single nibble for them and I don't like waiting around for the fish to come to me. I can only catch them by accident.
>>
File: alligator-golf.jpg (80KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
alligator-golf.jpg
80KB, 960x720px
>>842249
http://www.snopes.com/giant-alligator-florida-golf/

Golfer Charles Helms took the video at the Buffalo Creek Golf Club in Palmetto, Florida. While it has been shared by several credible news sources, such as Time and The Guardian, many viewers were skeptical about the footage and claimed that it was a "CGI" alligator. However, the footage — like the alligator — is real. Course employee Wendy Schofield said that the enormous reptile frequents the golf course and has become the club's unofficial mascot:

"People have heard that he is out here and that is all they want to see so they will bring spectators to ride so somebody can get a picture," pro shop clerk Wendy Schofield told News 3. "He doesn't bother anybody and they don't bother him. ...""

It is not uncommon to spot alligators roaming the golf courses in Florida. Another huge alligator earned fifteen minutes of social media fame when it strolled across a golf course in Englewood, Florida in March 2015: (see pic)

The size of the alligator featured in the footage at Buffalo Creek Golf Club is unknown, but Schofield estimated that the animal could be up to sixteen feet long. According to Yale ecologist and large predator expert Adam Rosenblatt, however, it's probably not that large:

In general, people think alligators they see are much bigger than they actually are. The recent one that was filmed walking across a golf course in Florida was widely reported as 15 ft. long, but nobody measured it so nobody knows how long it is in reality. Given that only three alligators in Florida have ever officially been measured as longer than 14 ft., it is highly unlikely that the alligator on the golf course is 15 ft. long. My own educated guess is that the golf course gator is 12-13 ft. long.

As of 2014, the longest known credible record for an American alligator is 14 feet, 9.25 inches (450.0cm) long.
>>
>>842250
Use vigorous live bait fish in the shallows where they start hunting just after dark. The key is keeping the bait fish alive and healthy. Although, some places don't allow live bait fish.
>>
File: bycst_615_2.jpg (81KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bycst_615_2.jpg
81KB, 1000x1000px
What is the difference between these spinner baits and the ones posted ITT?
>>
>>842257
One is inline and one isn't?
>>
File: 454545.png (59KB, 779x463px)
454545.png
59KB, 779x463px
Yellow or Orange for high visibility line?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>
>>842270
I like yellow
>>
>>842282
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's done that
>>
>>842010
You use a 5/0 on 6inch lizards?
>>
>>842300
SFW board m8. You're gonna get banned if you don't delete the post.
>>
>>842327
says its too old to delete. oh well, idrc.
>>
File: lunkhead.png (34KB, 564x440px)
lunkhead.png
34KB, 564x440px
>>842300
>Why do 13 year olds think it's funny to hack 100k sub fishing channels like wtf?
Wtf he makes 13k per month?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>842257
The one in your pic is a regular spinnerbait

Pic related are inline spinners
>>
>>841595
>Nathan Motz1 hour ago
>The the thing that makes me mad is that there doing this to a veteran.The man went to went to war for this country and saw things that we can't even imagine.Please just give the channel back.
Are these people serious?
>>
>>842370
Never ever ever fucking ever read YT comments, fucking ever. And, always turn yours off for your videos. It is utter concentrated stupidity and ignorance.
>>
>>>/an/2195867
>>>/an/2195851
>>>/an/2195810
A little disappointed there wasn't more butthurt.

>>842372
Kek. I have this youtube video from when I was 14 or 15 of me grinding down this big ledge on my bike. I forgot about it for years and years until I logged into an old email and saw a bunch of people were commenting on it. It was a huge BMX vs skating argument.
>>
>>842368
and? its his full time job. he uploads every single day
>>
File: 20160821_125651.jpg (763KB, 2048x1350px)
20160821_125651.jpg
763KB, 2048x1350px
So I played around with my ambsx5600 with the weight in the pic. I'm starting to figure it out I think. I managed a 130 foot cast (measured by cranks after I got the slack out) now I just need a good rod to put this on and what to use it for. I'm thinking something 7-8 foot, two pieces, 3 or 4 preferred, able to handle 2 oz of weight for cats, pike/muskie and saltwater, but under 1/2 ounce for calm water bucktails, smaller swim baits, gotcha plugs on the pier, etc
I'm actually thinking about a salmon rod (Fenwick silverhawk) or an uglystik eliete salmon/steelhead)
>>
>>842369
How much are you spending on those spinners?

I recommend making your own. You can make them from just about anything if you have needle nose pliers, channel lock pliers, and tin snips. Or, you can buy kits and parts. Either way, it is pretty fun and you can save a lot of money.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Single-Strand-Wire/710030.uts?productVariantId=1565697
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Piece-Spinner-Making-Kit/712191.uts?productVariantId=1606940
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=742771

http://www.mudhole.com/French-Blade-Spinner-Kit
http://www.mudhole.com/Colorado-Blade-Spinner-Kit
http://www.mudhole.com/Willow-Leaf-Spinner-Kit
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>842388
I have thought about making them. Mostly so I can paint some custom blade and color combos. I would also need some fly tying stuff for the dressed hooks. Then I realized for good blades, hooks, plus paint and weights and everything, they will still probably run $3ea and I would end up buying material to make like 100 of them so I'm not in a rush.
>>
>>842395
make a new thread
>>
File: image.jpg (273KB, 2000x1334px)
image.jpg
273KB, 2000x1334px
>>842398
5 more posts
>>
>>842395
>tfw I make spoons from stuff around my house for nearly free
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 800x483px)
image.jpg
77KB, 800x483px
>>842402
I use my spoons for eating.
>>
>>842404

Drill a hole in the handle and the tip hook on the tip line on the handle and give it a cast
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 500x353px)
image.jpg
47KB, 500x353px
>>842418
I'm gonna go to some garage sales and find bullshit like pic related to cut up
>>
File: image.jpg (391KB, 920x1109px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
391KB, 920x1109px
>>842398
Alright we made it to 309...
>>
>>842395
Just do it
Cheap bobbin
Cheap vise
Whip finish tool
Nice scissors
Head cement
Thread
And some different colours of hair
>>
>>842420
311*
>>
>>842425
313*
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 620x588px)
image.jpg
104KB, 620x588px
>>842425
>>842427
>AUTISM

>>842422
>>
>>841884
>It's really that cheap?
Yeah. Half-day trips are ~$50 plus optional gear rental, a one-day fishing license if you don't have one and you have to bring your own grub. If you have your own gear and tackle and a fishing license, a half-day trip costs $50.
>>
Still went out most of the afternoon and the bass are still lethargic...
Got one small largemouth in a senko.
Tried dam near everything from chatterbait with trailer..spinnerbaits..buzz baits.. Crank baits..
Getting frustrated as it's much cooler but still slow as piss.
Was a nice day otherwise on the water being cooler and what not, just a little windy
Think I'm gonna just target some panfish for awhile at this rate.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>842774
On a positive note, St Croix sent me a new 2016 legend elite to replace one that I snapped the tip on..
It's a beut.
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.