[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Equestrian thread cause why not I'm thinking about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 133

File: airvest.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
airvest.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>Equestrian thread cause why not

I'm thinking about starting jumping lessons in 2 weeks. Is a protective vest all that necessary? I'm only really interested in a budget one, under $100. Perhaps a chinese knock off?

I'm 188lbs at 6ft and have a fairly athletic build, So far, I've yet to fall off a horse but when I do, I don't think i'd sustain the same type of blow as your average rider (A daintly 5ft 6in, 130lbs female)
>inb4 man of steel
>>
>are seatbelts necessary
>are helmets necessary
>are airbags necessary

It's a risk you'd have to take, anon. If it means anything to you a 6' 165 lb friend of mine just got bucked off and broke his arm/a few ribs and dislocated his shoulder.
>>
File: DSC00002-L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC00002-L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>831410
Ever broken ribs before?
That's reason alone to wear one. I'll tell you it fucking sucks, and it's not something I want to do ever again.

If you're jumping, especially just starting out, i'd suggest it. Trail riding I wouldn't bother.

Does the barn/whatever have gear you can borrow? See if anyone else has one they'll let you try?

Never rode without one in the rodeo arena. Vest is likely what saved my life when I got stepped on.
>>
>>831453
>Ever broken ribs before?
Nope, When i played rugby, we had a man on our team that played a match only 3 weeks after he broke one or two ribs. They were really tender but he managed to play two matches like that until they were fully healed. I fractured one of my vertebraes during that season as well and I couldn't do anything physical for 2 weeks, and another 2 before full contact.

My current barn has a policy set at 2'6", It's not really setup for this sort of thing but my instructor told me they can provide basic hunter/jumper lessons at the same rate as my ordinary english lessons (4 for $150, 1on1 private hour long)

I figure that i'll just stick around there until i've maxed out at what I can learn, then off to another barn.

I've decided to get a vest, I'll most likely get a cheap $50 chinese knock off to hold me over for a few months until I progress and i'll have more money for the real deal down the line.
>>
bump on this thread
>>
>>831410
Punctured a kindney falling off a horse while wearing a vest, would have been all kinds of messed up without it
>>
File: fugh.png (1B, 486x500px)
fugh.png
1B, 486x500px
Jesus Christ
>>
>>832698
cheeses christ indeed. fug that.
>>
As someone who has rode enough horses to wear a portion of his own ass off, you'll want to be protected as much as possible.

Horses aren't toys nor are they cuddly animals. They're 1000+ lb beasts that only have you on their back as long as they'll tolerate you and to top it all off those 1000 lbs focus on a single cannon bone at a time when they're galloping. That's 1000 lbs on a bone maybe 3" in diameter tops. That thing snaps at 30 mph (and they do) and that animal is going down hard.

They can trip, slip, etc. just like a human and when they do it usually means your ass is going over their head unless you're alert and experienced.

None of this is "common" but I've witnessed a little bit of everything in my 15+ years of training horses and I'd say I see at least 5-10 people injured in some way per year whether it be falling, getting kicked/bit, or fucking friction burnig their fingers off when roping like morons.

Horses are dangerous as fuck.
>>
>>831410
I used to jump and we never used vests. Of course use a helmet, but I don't see the point of a vest. It'd be like wearing a vest while riding a bike; if you're going to fall, you'll get hurt regardless, just don't crack your skull (hence, helmet). Make your own judgement, and perhaps I wasn't taught correct. There's no thing as being over safe but a vest just doesn't seem effective to me.
>>
>>833364
>It'd be like wearing a vest while riding a bike
Falling off a bike is different, you're closer to the ground and your greatest risk is sliding on flat hard ground for hundreds of feet.

Falling off horses puts you up way higher where a single, sudden direct impact is a major concern, especially on uneven ground with protruding rocks or stationary structures like fences, that's why most artificial stadium jumps are made to fall apart with a strong breeze
>>
Or being stepped on...
...in my case, by 2000lbs of angry hamburger...
>>
>>831410
Please don't abuse animals with your fatass.
>>
File: bike.png (1B, 486x500px)
bike.png
1B, 486x500px
>>833491
A horse is not always higher than a bike. Pic related; it's what I ride to work
>>
bumperooni
>>
i want to get into barrel racing (or just to compete. barrels seemed the easiest to pick up). I have a well trained 17 hand Nakota that i ride trails with. how hard would it be?

also any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.
>>
>>834956
Large horses usually aren't the best for that depending on build. Shorter horses usually build speed faster and are more agile though they reach a slower top speed.

If you are just looking to do it for fun, you can watch videos to learn basic layouts for practice, etc. Horse has to learn how to disengage his hips and change leads very quickly.
>>
>>834956
>>834996
my gf did that in high school on her 17.1 hand OTTB and was like undefeated throughout the time she did it (don't think there was really much competition at that level anyways) She's into eventing now, around the prelim level.
>>
>>831410
How the hell do I get into horseback riding as a hobby? I don't own horses and I live in MD
>>
>>835315
As you said, at that level a good OTTB is going to be much faster than the shitty cow ponies that make up the majority of entries.

As you climb in level, it's not just the riders being skilled and better, it's the horses. Some of these horses could win championships with a dog strapped to their back.

To start with though, practice. Like I said it's very dependent on lead changes and hip disengages. Get protective gear for your horses too, they'll need proper support to prevent injuries. On top of that, if your horse reacts poorly to the activity don't push him to do it or you'll hurt him. Check flexibility in all of the major leg joints (shoulders, knees, pasterns, etc.) and check tendons for inflammation and muscle soreness after every run. When you start to compete, it's important to understand that your horse is an athelete and not a toy. You'll have to treat him as such. Daily hydrotherapy (at least running a cool hose at a soft pressure over their legs, backs, and joints), learning how to give them chiropractic adjustments, etc. all helps. Take it slow, but know that this is what people actually do for these animals.
>>
File: 1470641004762.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1470641004762.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>835770
>Daily hydrotherapy
>chirpractic adjustments
nigga, it ain't like he's goin to be showing at rolex next year.

all of what you said is good advice but you gotta accept the fact that particular horses can only go so far, so there's no point in treating a $3k horse like he's worth $30k. I know that sounds cold but ya gotta accept the cold hard facts otherwise you're going to go broke, and go nowhere if you're serious about competition.
>>
>>836537
You say thay, but I trained a $1500 mare to a championship nomination and $50k in winnings in a single year.

I've also had horses worth more than I am that ran and trained like absolute shit.

The value of the horse is determined by breeding and ability. However when dealing with unproven horses that value has little to do with how they will perform. Potential is higher with the right pedigree but that doesn't guarantee anything. A lower tier horse that is properly trained and taken care of will hand a more expensive horse with improper training it's ass every time.
>>
>>832820

I grew up in bumfuck southern Indiana on a farm with a bunch of working horses (percherons) and some ponies. My brother and I rode horses literally every day for almost 10 years. No injuries, at least external permanent ones. We used to race down a dirt road and fling ourselves off our horses into the really tall grass. I assume I've had 50 concussions from that, anyway.

Sorry, I must reminisce, so many good childhood memories...:

I loved the ponies, but we moved into the city before I ever got to have much experience with the percherons, except to feed them. They'd often gallop along next to us on their side of the fence. Beautiful, mountainous things that shook the ground when they moved.
>>
>>837076
Sounds like a fun concussion, lol.
>>
File: italian cav.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
italian cav.jpg
1B, 486x500px
nother bump
>>
File: stretching.png (1B, 486x500px)
stretching.png
1B, 486x500px
I need to lengthen my Achilles tendons so i can get my heels further down and read that i should try doing the stair stretch thing (pic related) but nobody really says how frequently i should be doing it, 3 minutes a day? 10 minutes a day? 20 minutes a day?

so anybody else that has used this method, pls tell me how long it took you until you saw major change with it.
>inb4 years ;_;
>>
Anyone jack the horses off before?
>>
>>838080
Generally it'll happen naturally as you ride more, I've never had anyone do stretches outside of warming up for the ride.

Speaking of which, stretching your horse is important as well. Reduces injuries.
>>
>>838244
>>838080
just did this for 5 minutes straight, jesus christ, how painful
>>
>>838080
IMO at least 1 min per stretch, at least once per day and you will see progress.

I stretch for up to 3 minutes per strech which I feel gives best results, but 1 minute is the minimum I feel is beneficial for actual flexibility. Once per day is enough to see improvement, but two or three times per day I don't think would hurt.
>>
File: 1469622257930.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1469622257930.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>831453
>I'll never be Mule
Why live?
>>
>>831457
>I'll most likely get a cheap $50 chinese knock off

One of the dumbest things I've read on 4chan. As a motorcyclist I can tell you good gear is priceless. Buy good shit or don't do it until you can afford to.
>>
>>834619
Impressive
>>837924
Is this even useful in combat?
>>838206
I'm surprised this wasn't posted sooner but in any case
>>>/b/
>>>/mlp/
Clop elsewhere fgt
>>
>>831453

Me and my buddy decided to try making a Holstein into a rodeo bull, it didn't work like we thought (the bull broke the latch we had on the gate and I fell straight under him as he tried to run out of the chute) but I did end up getting stepped on and breaking 3 ribs. Thats the extent of my rodeo experience, but yeah, I wish I had a vest on.
>>
>>839123
Skid? Is that you?
At it again mentioning that you ride a fag cycle at every chance possible.
>>
>>831410
Get one if you're doing jumping.

A horse refusing and sending you head-first into/over the jump isn't fun. Even the best male riders have broken bones - or worse, been put into a coma - from bad falls. Good chance they'll put you on a calm horse for your first few lessons, but better safe than sorry. Try to find local tack & feed stores that sometimes sell cheap used gear if you want something ok for a good price. You can also find cheap stuff online, it's just normally foam squares inside fabric.

>t. 3 years of jumping, 1 of western/trails, 2 dressage

The stuff they've been using in cross-country lately are basically wearable airbags because of how dangerous high speeds and high jumps mixed together gets.
>>
Why do people have to clean up after their dogs on the trail but horses can Leave mounds of shit WheRever they please?
>>
>>839543
horse back riding isn't /out/ so they have no sense of etiquette
>>
File: i-Cg64Tf6-M.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
i-Cg64Tf6-M.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>839123
Yes, but any gear is better than no gear.
The most expensive gear (Shoei/Arai, i'm looking at you) may not fit or as well as a cheaper alternative.
Having gear that fits right and is comfortable enough that you'll actually wear it is more important than spending a ton of money on top-of-the-line shit.

Also, if the organization has any sort of requirements (coverage, certifications, etc), look into that before you buy. If the chinese stuff works, hey, that's great.

Racing snowmobiles, i'm required to have certain protective gear that meets coverage requirements (vest that covers the sides of my chest and shoulders in addition to knee pro, boots, goggles, and a snell-approved helmet; along with 144 sq in of orange on my chest/back and a helmet that's 50% orange (2"x3" card must touch orange anywhere on the helmet)). Motorcycle chest protectors generally don't meet those snowmobile racing req's.

Racing motorcycles... helmet's really all the tracks require.
>>
File: DSC00045.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC00045.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>839119
kek

>>839277
>be me
>buckin around at a local pen
>bull putting up a fight in the chute
>not a place you want to screw around, in teh chute is probably more dangerous than in the arena
>bull lays down in the chute just as I was getting settled in
>scrapes the fuck out of my boot/leg on the way down
>climb up and out of the chute
>bull stands up, smashing my other foot against the chute in the process
>someone uses a fencepost between the chute and bull so I can get my leg out
>Get out of chute, bull starts putting up a fight again
>already out of my zone
>climb back in, kind of kneeling on the side of the bull's back, typical procedure for a chute-fighter
>prepare for one swift drop-legs-down-nod-head-hold-on motion
>makeithappen.png
>chute gate opens and the bull explodes into the arena
>made it longer than I thought
>still not very long
>thrown into dirt, get up and outta there
>bullfighter grabs my vest and throws me over to one side
>bull right behind me
>goingthiswaynow.exe
>over other chute gate and out of the arena
>whatthefuckevenwasthat.jpg
>btw bull fighters are awesome

Later that afternoon I found out that's one of the bulls that contractor takes to PBR events.

Kinda miss bullriding... still have all my gear... if someone gave me the opportunity I don't think i'd say 'no' but i'm not currently looking to get back into it. Other sports took priority, and are a lot easier on bones (relatively speaking).
>>
>>839603

Always wanted to do bullriding as a sport, but I'm too big (6'2 and 260lbs) if I ever got the opportunity to I would jump at the chance to be a bull fighter since I'm the fastest man around within three feet.

However there is no bucking stock around here, so I will have to settle for getting stomped to shit by an old dairy bull and halter breaking show calves.
>>
>>831410
fill balloons with helium, low gravity mod
>profit
>>
>>839603
You're a man's man.
>>
>>839543
I don't like it, but desu horse shit isn't nearly as bad as dog shit. Horseshit is mainly just grass and other vegetable stuff, so it doesn't smell that bad, and decomposes nicely. Dogs are omnivores, so their poo is fucking foul.
>>
>>839543
cuz horse shit doesn't even smell, it's just like processed grass and/or hay.
>>
When you fall off a horse, especially if it's a big horse, anything from minor bruising to breaking your spine can happen. I wouldn't test my luck.
>>
>>831410
Take up vaulting first. It will make you a better rider in the long run.
>>
>>841569
looks overly complicated, faggy, and ridiculously dangerous
>>
>>841569
is this popular in like some eastern european slav shithole cause i've literally never heard of it in the US and boy have i seen some abstract sports like all female roller derby leagues and chess boxing
>>
>>842461
>>843251

It is actually the safest equestrian sport out there. It also teaches you how to move with the horse much better than just about anything else. If you can stand/kneel/do down and ups/etc... from a horse at a canter, I guarantee that you will have a better seat than most other riders.

And no, it's not only in eastern europe. There are plenty of vaulting teams in the US.
>>
bumping this shit
>>
>>839366
Na, no idea who that is.
There are a few motorcyclists who enjoy going /out/ you know.
>>839601
>Having gear that fits right and is comfortable enough that you'll actually wear it is more important than spending a ton of money on top-of-the-line shit.
I 100% agree. My point was knock off shit is probably like wearing no protection at all. You can't be sure it will do its job.
>>
>>831410
I've heard horses are complete assholes.

Is this true?
>>
>>844893
Some can be, they're like dogs. Some can be totally in love with you or seek attention and others are like whatever
>>
File: sadpepe.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
sadpepe.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>844893
There are a few that will reach out and bite the shit out of you just for walking by. You knock the shit out of them when they do that. If they aren't going to be friendly with you, they should have a little bit of fear. Most are friendly enough. Most people I know who have been kicked got kicked because they startled the horse, not because the horse was a dick.

MFW I had to put my Palamino down yesterday. Impacted intestines led to necrotic tissue.
>>
>>845417
>You knock the shit out of them

No way in hell I'm hitting a horse. You piss it off enough and it can easily kill you on a whim. You're a madman.
>>
>>845417
never been near any horses like that but a couple times so far the horse i ride will act up during a lesson and the instructor will have me jab my foot into it, no idea if it helps but i feel a bit bad doing it :/
>>
>>846058
Horses are prey animals. If you can't make one fear you, it's probably crazy. That being said, there is rarely a need to make one fear you.

>>846302
They're tough. It takes quite a bit to hurt them. As I said, most are friendly enough, and what you're experiencing is probably isn't a horse being mean, just retarded.
>>
File: 1465685130959.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1465685130959.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>846811
Back to your containment board baconboi
>>>/n/

>>846390
How intelligent are horses anyway? Generally speaking.
>>
>>847255
Some are smarter than others. The palomino that I had to have put down a few days ago could figure out how to open damn near any latch. Most aren't as smart as him though. He was like a mischievous Mr Ed.

What most horses do have is exceptional memories. IMO, donkeys are smarter though.
>>
>>847255
Horses are just as smart as dogs, I once knew a fella in El Capitan that taught his horse to bark at strangers.
>>
>>847326
F
>>
>When you're unqualified for the job but you apply anyway
>>
>>831410
I was a western rider because my parents had agribusiness/ hacienda backgrounds and i was from SoCal, havent rode in years but never wore a vest when i did
I've seen people get fucked up by cattle and horses tho, so i would reccomend you dont skimp on the vest
>>
File: 1398826197.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1398826197.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>848370
also related
>>
File: DSC00030-L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC00030-L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>848487
>western
mah nigga
>>
ba bah bump
>>
>>832698
Only idiots get hurt, I've been riding for 25+ years and I have never once gotten hurt, kicked or fallen off a horse.
>>
>>850185
Ever rode green horses?
>>
>>850185
I hope you get hurt for your high horse attitude. Not seriously but enough to give you a reality check.
>>
>>849000
>Making a Hereford jump.
>>
>>848370
Percherons are fine for low-level dressage. Some specimens have an easier time of it than others, obviously. Some people jump their Percherons too, but I don't condone that. Hard on their joints.
>>
You claim you've been riding for 25+ years and NEVER fallen off? Sorry, don't believe it.
>>
>>852871
how low are we talking here? like BN/N? or even more like training or possibly prelim?
>>
>>852871
Second and Third level are not too much to ask for. The occasional Percheron can perform some Fourth level movements but that amount of collection is difficult for them to achieve because they are naturally so heavy on the forehand. Some are lighter-built (modern hitch horses) and more balanced than their plowhorse brethren.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>850185
This isn't even a believable lie man
>>
what is fourth level dressage in equivalent to for USEF levels? like Training? or Preliminary?
>>
>>854816
I'm not sure what you're asking. Pretty sure that Fourth level is fourth level by both USEF and USDF standards. Fourth level would include things like flying lead changes every three strides and the half pirouette.
>>
>>855699
my bad, I meant to say USEA, for eventing.

Since from what i understand, dressage difficulty is regarded less for eventing than if you were competing in it outright in USEF/USDF/FEI, etc.
>>
>>855729
Yeah, I don't know what standards USEA might hold for dressage levels versus what the USEF or USDF does. I wouldn't event on a Percheron, though. The jumping is too hard on their joints.
>>
This is as good a place as any to post this, I guess.

I'm terrified of horses, like phobia-level afraid. I am scared because they are huge, powerful animals that seem to be on a hair-trigger and spaz out over the smallest thing. I had a panic attack at the beach when some police horses walked by, 10-feet away. My girlfriend loves horses and wants to take riding lessons together, and I'd like to indulge her, but I just can't be near them. I think they are beautiful animals, and pictures/videos of them are fine, but I can't bear to be around them.
What can I do to get over this fear?
>>
>>856053
>What can I do to get over this fear?
>stop being a pussy

but srsly, your fears are well founded, they are massive 1,000lb animals that are barely domesticated, it wouldn't be difficult for them to kill you or cause serious bodily harm.

With that being said, ^all of that is a pretty rare occurrence, don't be nervous when near or ontop of a horse because they can definitely sense that shit as you are their master, therefore they will take whatever emotions you are putting off and amplify them. So just be calm, confident and act like you've done this a thousand times and they'll also be cool as a cucumber.

As for the specific horse, most horses need you to spend a bit of ground time with them, next to them. never approach from the rear, always from one side, usually the left so their left eye can see you. Thats the side you tack up on, Also If they pin their ears back, that means back off. Video related.
>https://youtu.be/Doa7n4YDNJw

But lesson horses are pretty mellow with strangers, so i doubt you'll have any problems.
>>
>>845417
I know I'm like 3 weeks late but I'm so sorry for your loss, man.
>>
>>856053
Go to a shrink. Talk about your problem. Get anti-anxiety medication prescribed to be used around horses. Sometimes artificially taking away the anxiety can help outside the medicated circumstances.
>>
File: angery.png (1B, 486x500px)
angery.png
1B, 486x500px
>:(
>>
>>857293
That's fucking insanity.
>>
>>857293
here in Aus we're about to cull 6000.
thats for ecological and biodiversity reasons though. not just to make way for farms. thats pretty bullshit.
>>
>>857293
Good, "wild horses" are an invasive species that need to be killed.
>>
>>857463
can't tell if a sarcastic comment or not but they are hardly invasive considering they were once native to the america's but wen't extinct 15,000 years ago because of climate reasons (mini ice age yo)

Not to mention in respect to the United States, these animals have spent up to 500 years in the U.S. as wild creatures which makes them just as apart of the landscape as anything else.

Even the word "Mustang" is uniquely American Identity as they are smaller, and have a muddied bloodline just like the immigrant descendant citizens that live here but despite being an underdog, we constantly come out on top for tons of shit beating the odds.

>In 1971, the United States Congress recognized that "wild free-roaming horses and burros are living symbols of the historic and pioneer spirit of the West, which continue to contribute to the diversity of life forms within the Nation and enrich the lives of the American people."

fuck the BLM for killing all these harmless creatures to make way or more muh cattle livestock so BLM can make a buck off greedy cattle owners that don't even belong on public lands in the first place.
>>
>>831412
kek

OP, if someone never fell off a horse they probably don't ride horses very much, OR, every horse they rode on is kiddy riding approved. that is, they are very tame and easy to control.

I just got done closing my cows in the corral to inject some medicine and cure a calf with my mare that has with a bad attitude. it's relative yesterday bit me twice. lucky I left and cooled off or i would've abused that shitstain horse and gotten in trouble because it's not mine. not a good idea to lose your head around animals, even if they do this type of shit.

horses run on respect. training is secondary. there can be no training without respect. I'm not saying you should almost kill the horse, but make sure it knows it's a bad idea to pull that bullshit with you. it has to know YOU are in charge. talk to it, pet it ... let it know what you order it to do is the fucking law.

Also, never get close to its rear, even if it's tame.
>>
>>858470
>mare
found your problem.
>>
>>857428
fugh, what are aussie wild horses like? similar to american mustangs or not really. I didn't even know that you guys had wild horses
>>
>>859410
What the fuck is that cancerous picture you just posted?
>>
>>860597
normie meme from FB.

despite whatever you think of emoticons being cringe, it is true. Mares are hormonal as fuck just like women are. And geldings are based.

stallions are just batshit crazy like vulcans and pon farr and need to get laid regularly to appease them.
>>
File: image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
bump
>>
File: 1465685215210.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1465685215210.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Nipppyes,,, bitey ,no.
,, ipay apples,, gethair moosed.
>>
>>863132
>5ft 11in
>6ft

but seriously, is that a 15.1 next to a 18.1hh? lol
>>
>>863205
It could be perspective, the camera angle is pretty low and the left horse is a couple feet back.
>>
File: 1469338965423.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1469338965423.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>863455
>perspective
,,,ya, im 3'11., soits screwy.,
, makes my day,,,horsnuglees.
>>
>>863698
how normal is it for horses to have like visible snot or slightly runny noses?
>>
>>863698
Baconrider, is that you?!
>>
File: absolutely.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
absolutely.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>864002
>picture taken from ground level
>im 3'11"

yep, its bacon
>>
>>831410
I ruptured both kidneys while wearing a vest when I fell and landed on some rocks, shit to think what would have happened without it, if you're just riding in a manage then you'll be fine without one
>>
>>864002
who's baconrider? ...does he ride pigs?
>>
>>863979
So long as the snot is clear, it isn't a problem. A dusty environment commonly causes this; watering eyes and draining nasal passages help clear debris from mucous membranes. Horses that eat hay (as opposed to grazing pasture) often have a bit of a runny nose also because hay can be dusty. If the drainage is cloudy, there might be a problem. If it's greenish or yellowish, definitely a problem. I have one mare that will get mild chronic upper respiratory infections if she has to eat hay from a manger, rather than from the ground.
>>
>>864823
ohh that must be why all the horses at my barn have mucus/snot cause it's super dusty so cal desert environment. hard to believe food actually grows here, i guess when pipe in water over several hundred miles.
>>
>>859410
Yea so I've heard. But she's the strongest one we've got over there and she's mine, so I prefer to ride her.

She bucked off 3 people including me. I'm no expert horse trainer ... but whoever tamed her did a spectacularly shit job. Only these past few months has heavy labor dragging wood taught her a lesson. And the whip too.
>>
File: IMG_1304.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_1304.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>833491
>>833364
>>832820
>>831457
>>831410
Been competing for nearly twenty years and on a professional level for six. No vest and no helmet. Lots of injuries. Protective equipment is never a bad idea. You just need to weight the risk against the reward. If you have no rewards or any reasons not to wear protective equipment then you should wear it. Pic related
>>
Is there still anyone around in this thread?

I have never ridden a horse but I am curious about it, how much do you control a horse movements with your legs rather than your hands?
>>
A horse can readily be taught to accept any type of command - verbal, leg, rein, or a combination of any/all. Most horses are trained to a combination of all three. The horses that are suitable for beginners are usually controlled primarily with hands on the reins because beginners are usually too clumsy to pay close attention to what they are doing with their legs while they are also trying to balance on the horse.
>>
>>866658
How do you typically do things like changing pace, walking sideways and turning fast?
>>
>>866639
Depends on the school of riding.
Western is more leg-based and English more hand-based, so I guess Western would be more suitable for you.
>>
>>866761
Well I am interested in horse riding from a historical perspective rather than intending to do it myself.

I wonder how guys like say pic related would have ridden five hundred years ago. I've seen people do dressage and trail riding but the fighting of fifty of so heavily armored cavalry must have been an impressive spectacle. Quick turns, strafing and whatnot. I just never grasped how people would make a horse move like that, how much conscious decision goes into it and how much of it is just natural.
>>
>>866764
Dressage is about as far from the kind of riding that was used by cavalry as can be. It was primarily leg-based, because, as you probably can imagine, on the battlefield you have more important things to do with your hands than keeping them on the reigns all the time.

This is a massive generalisation though, riding styles differed a lot from region to region in both tack and how the horse was ridden.

If you ever want to take the next step and start horseriding do yourself a favour and disregard dressage completely as it is more show than actual horseriding.
>>
>>866798
How would one use their legs to get a horse to walk sideways or diagonally, or to turn on the spot? I've seen some of those mounted bullfighting videos in which they do all that kind of stuff.
>>
>>866800
A combination of applying pressure (or the lack thereof) with your feet and legs at certain positions, redistributing your weight by moving your upper body and leaning and, believe it or not, the power of thought.
Horses are very sensitive creatures and can read your mind.
>>
>>866808
>Horses are very sensitive creatures and can read your mind.

That is pretty spooky
>>
>>866808
How long does it take to get accustomed to a new horse? Like if you take one from a dead comrade or enemy?
>>
>>866828
Depends on the horse and the skill of the rider.
Generally a skilled rider kan ride most horses, but getting fully accustomed to one takes a while.
>>
>>866845
That sounds reasonable
>>
>>866735
Changing pace is done with legs, voice, or just posture. For advanced rider/horse teams, just leaning forward a bit is a cue for the horse to speed up. Leaning back tells him to slow down. More basic commands are bump him with both calves to speed up, pull back lightly on the reins to slow down.

Moving sideways is usually a leg command for anyone. Push him with your calf to get him to move sideways "away" from that leg.

Turning fast is usually a leg and rein combination.

I wouldn't call Western more leg-based than English. Lots of leg cues in English.

Western horses are often neck-reined, whereas English horses never are. But lots of leg cues in both disciplines.

Dressage is important for both rider and horse. WTF are you doing bashing dressage? Have you ever practiced any dressage? All disciplines can be improved with the occasional dressage lesson (whether under the guidance of a trainer or just on your own). Christ on a crutch, it's just like yoga or ballet. Helps you learn your own body and improve flexibility.
>>
>>866853
What are the metrics for being and advanced or beginning rider?

Like if you watch this video from 8:00 can you see if they are good or just beginning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpiBoYjg_5Q
>>
>>866858
They're pretty good. The horses are fairly well-trained also. I don't know how well-rounded the riders are, but they are decently good at what they are doing. The long-haired hippie keeps stabbing his toes down, though. Guess he's trying to get his heels up on his horse's flank but jeez. Short-haired guy is a better rider and is on a more responsive mount.
>>
>>866764
>horse riding from a historical perspective
i don't know for certain but i think calvary from say 1850 up until ww1(ish) probably resembled the modern day sport of Cross Country or Hunter Trials, meaning, lots of movement at speed, swiftly going through the landscape, down hills, jumping over barriers and sudden change in direction.
>>
>>867018
also because the equipment of the time period was of superb quality nearly resembling what we use today and the fact that horses at that point in time were starting to be bred better like i remember watching some program where they examined the bone structure of some old super famous and super successful racing horse TB from late 1800's and they determined it's specific genetics are comparable to an average TB race horse today which is awesome.
>>
File: pombay3.gif (1B, 486x500px)
pombay3.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>866989
>>867018
>>867023
Thanks that helped a lot.
>>
>>861145
>not personally appeasing your stallion
>>
>>867539
...Mr Hands posting from beyond the grave?
>>
What is wrong with riding a stallion though?
>>
>>868607
If you fall off and land with your ass up your butthole will soon be over an inch in diameter.
>>
>>868631
I found it surprising Europeans tended to ride stallions all the way up until the Napoleonic wars.

Now we know why I guess.
>>
>>858470
>Also, never get close to its rear, even if it's tame

What a bitch.

Anyways, been taking care of horses at work as well as driving the team for a couple years now, and want to get a horse of my own now that I have both money and land. Problem is I'm pretty big, 6'2 260lbs, and don't want to hurt a horse by overloading it.

How small can you go with that size? I have a chance to get a Belgian cross from work due to an accident.
>>
>>868680
A horse's load-bearing capacity has to do with his conformation. He needs strong pasterns and a short back. Draft crosses can come out pretty fugly so there's no way to just give it a thumbs-up or thumbs-down without photos that show its build.
>>
>>868774

I understand that, just saying its an option that's practically free if it turns out OK. Never heard of anyone riding drafts or draft crosses, but given my size I figure the first thing to look for is a bigger horse.
>>
>>868858
And I'm saying that the horse's height and weight is not very relevant to his ability to carry a 260 lb rider. His build will dictate it. There are 17-hand lightly-built horses with long, weak backs that cannot carry you safely without incurring injury. There are 14-hand horses built like tanks with short, strong backs that can carry you. The Belgian cross may or may not be able to carry you safely.

People ride drafts and draft crosses all the time.
>>
>>868858
>Never heard of anyone riding drafts or draft crosses
you must not get out often cause ive heard of loads of people riding draft crosses, plus there are still niche groups in the states that like purebred drafts like >>848370
>>
>>868929
>There are 17-hand lightly-built horses with long, weak backs that cannot carry you safely without incurring injury.
lmao, TB's

>There are 14-hand horses built like tanks with short, strong backs that can carry you
Arabian master race reporting in
>>
>>862057
Ouch
>>863455
He's a cancerous cripple tripfag from /n/ that rides a recumbent. I still have yet to figure out why he posts the way he does.
>>863698
I legitimately hate you. Congrats, I've been here 6 years and you're the only one that pisses me off.
>>864704
See above
>>
>>868532
I just realized why he was called that. Horses' heights are measured in hands. Also, that's disgusting. I really don't understand people that do that. I don't remember how he died, it wasn't the horse was it?
>>
>>870835
internal bleeding, he even had a spotter with him and still got fucked up.
>"ohuoh!"
>"too deep, too deep?"
basically the highlights of the video, don't watch it pls. it's really fucked up.
>>
>>871688
Oh god, that's horrifying. There's no way in hell I want to see that.
>>
>>870820
I ain't gonna argue with any of that
>>
>>872794
ironically enough, my gf has a skinny 17.1 OTTB and she keeps on saying that i shouldnt be leasing a 15.1 arabian since that's a kids horse and I'm hurting it's back, lmao. She can get tossed off her horse and the horse wouldn't even feel the difference she's so light, 130lbs(?) I'm like 180lbs and have yet to have my horse tell me of any problems with me on his back
>>
>>873592
>have yet to have my horse tell me of any problems with me on his back

How would you know? (Non horse person asking)
>>
>>874267
well the average healthy in shape horse can comfortably carry 20% of its weight comfortably for a short period of moderate use (trotting, jumping) or long period of light use (walking) and i'm only 180lbs on a 1k horse.

since arabians have thicker bones and body composition than the average horse, i'd imagine that figure is atleast 25%, And draft horses must be 30-40%. [some people theorize arabians have draft blood in them which is the key to their success] Mules are around 30% and believe it or not, people do ride them but they aren't allowed to compete since they can sometimes outjump regular warmbloods.

next would be signs of the horse struggling, like breathing heavy, or making get off me noises (although, some do this just because they are lazy)

also saddle fitment is key so your weigh is spread out evenly along their back and no pinching occurs (very obvious to see after untacking after a ride)

horses are very athletic creatures that can survive in harsh conditions, many people baby them too much.
>>
>>874602
>than the average horse
average riding horse i mean, since most people don't typically ride cold blooded draft horses. Riding horses are everything else.
>>
>>874602
>although, some do this just because they are lazy

Kek, thanks for the answer. Makes sense.

>>874604
>cold blooded
But they're mammals?
>>
Drafts should still only carry 20% of their weight. Although they weigh more and their bones are thicker, it's the tendons and ligaments that show the strain. Drafts were bred to pull, not to carry a rider. Their greater mass is to provide traction. Like sandbags over your truck tires. Although many of them can carry a heavy rider, some cannot. Depends entirely on the individual animal.

And, of course, an experienced rider, moving in synch with their mount, will have less impact on their horse than the same rider who sits like a sack of potatoes and throws the horse off-balance. Percherons actually have Arab blood, so it's the other way around.

Arabs have one fewer rib, which is why their backs are shorter and stronger.

"Cold-blooded" is a euphemistic horse term that has to do with temperament, muscle type, and metabolism. Their actual body temperature is the same and, of course, they are indeed mammals. But they have been bred for centuries to have a more laid-back temperament. Not a quick to spook or get agitated. Also, their musculature has more of the slow-burn "strength" type of muscle fibers and fewer of the rapid "fast" type of muscle fibers. They are built for weightlifting rather than sprinting. "Cold-blooded" horses also do better with more fat and less sugar in their diets, as befitting their weightlifters' metabolism.
>>
>>874931
>But they're mammals?
its a figurative(?) label, idk. it's probably hundreds of years old but it relates to their temperament
>draft horses = cold blooded
because nothing really bothers them, they can run all day long like a piece of farm equipment because essentially that's what they were originally used for. Later to pull heavy trade carriages so they have to be okay with experiencing new environments without getting sp00ked like a normal riding horse. same with going through city centers around thousands of people. don't want them stampeding if somebody touches their butt

>hot blooded; thoroughbreds (TB's) or arabians. (maybe quarterhorses count but idk)
these are full of energy,have high tempers, and were purposely bred just for performance. TB's originate in the late 1800's for racing on tracks, so pure speed with little care into considering how easily they get injured because they are fragile with thinner bones, ligaments and narrower muscles.

Arabians may be the oldest breed in the world since it originates in the arabian desert go figure. these were bred to carry a man with all of his belongings, so they had to be beefy/thick composition like a draft, but require less food/water than a normal horse let alone a draft, so arabians are pretty short so they can travel many miles over the heat of the desert, Lastly, they must be highly energetic to be ridden into battle so nimble, quick, and stamina.

>warmblooded is a big category but usually your typical riding horse
these have shared characteristics of both hot and cold which makes them great for your average rider since maintenance is easy, good amount of performance, and they are very consistent which is why most people who compete in eventing choose these since they have the discipline to do all three events well, whereas a hot blooded horse will excel in cross country, they may not have the patience for dressage nor the consistency for stadium jumping.
>>
>>874990
>Drafts were bred to pull, not to carry a rider.
>Although many of them can carry a heavy rider, some cannot.
ehh kinda, many were selectively bred over several hundred years to carry a knight in full armor during the middle ages. especially towards the end during the 16th century that you could finally see the huge difference as armor got heavier
>110+ lbs for the rider who is 140-180lbs
>even some horses wore armor themselves which is another 35-50lb
>so 310+lbs of weight on the horse

obviously, its kinda moot point debating breed types since nearly every breed has changed significantly over time, even just a few hundred years with the exception of the arabians staying similar for thousands of years because those crazy sand people insured only the best were allowed to breed and in small numbers as to not allow people to take arabians away and breed them with their own horses (which is what happened with the TB and many other breeds im sure)
>>
File: img_1333.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
img_1333.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>875306
forgot image
>>
>>874990
>>875301

Makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>875306
That's a common misconception, the draft horse carrying the knight thing.

Today's draft breeds had a common ancestor that was bigger and heavier than the saddle horses of the day but it was still only about 15 hands high and really did not much resemble today's drafts.

After technology advanced to the point that wearing full plate armor was no longer an advantage in the field, that horse was then purpose-bred into the various European draft breeds of today, over the course of centuries. It's during THAT period that the ability to carry weight on the backs was of secondary consideration, versus the ability to tow things behind them. That is when backs lengthened and weakened.
>>
>>875572
>did not much resemble today's drafts.
like said, breeds change drastically over a few hundred years, especially if you consider that horses live 20-30 years rather humans that are more like 50-80 years, so double the rate of change

it's honestly still just speculative with very little historical data to support either of our claims with the exception that there is a shit load of evidence that knights did ride horses in armor and horses themselves did wear armor as well in some cases.
>>
>>876359
Yes, and the horse armor that still exists fits horses about 15 or 15.2 hands and not particularly chunky.
>>
>>877931
nother bump
>>
perhaps we've talked about all we can on horso's so far on /out/? :/
>>
>>880770
>veiled horse porn request
>>
File: 1466129412788.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1466129412788.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>880802
Kisme,,,inthe Frenchs.
>>
>>880802
Kek
>>881175
At least trip you faggot, so I can filter you. Or stay on /n/
>>
>>881959
>/n/
why is there so much cross over from that board. i dont get it.
>>
>>880802
No joke, I'm pretty sure one of my older mares has gone lesbo for the new mare. Schmoozing on her neck and everything.
>>
>>881959
Whaaa?,, isit my bionic nature?,, not wave?, donkey love?, scared of SorceressDolphin.. iam!,
,,,sometimes,, i turn offall my inhancments,,, and open my radiation shields to soakin all,, the Happy.,
,comonout!
>>
>>883601
when did they start to sell apples in egg cartons?
>>
bumper
>>
>>884865
They don't. He's autistic.
>>
Definitely yes. They help protect from broken ribs, chest and spinal injuries.

Horse riding is genuinely one of the most dangerous things you can do, and jumping a little worse again.

As a learner you're going to fall off. Spend the money and consider it a really good investment.

My wife rides steeplechasers almost every day. I've personally loaded her into the air ambulance twice and also looked after her a dozen other times after falling off (one time picking plastic out of her face when she jumped off into a hedge at 30mph).
>>
>>
>>889382
And here I catch shit for riding a motorcycle. Never been in an air ambulance once, let alone twice.
>>
>>866764
Knights commonly rode draft horses to support the extra weight. Factor that part in as well.
>>
File: DSC03946.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03946.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03832.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03832.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03840.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03840.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03941.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03941.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03818.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03818.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC00029-L.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC00029-L.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>894557
who let you out of >>>/n/
>>
File: DSC03629.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03629.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
Does anywhere still raise and train proper warhorses still? I'm not talking about the plebian horses that are called war horses these days, I'm talking about the kind that trusts the rider to the point of self sacrifice, the kind that one could have walk along the top of a fence, the kind where the rider gets more training then the horse.
>>
File: DSC03859.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03859.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03729.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03729.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03797.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03797.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>897493
>>898509
Man, and I thought my pasture was shit.
>>
>>898594
what's wrong with his pasture
>>
You faggots are on notice. Next moran I see riding a Tenn. Walking whatever Im going to smash your fricking head in.
>>
>>898608

Its shit.
>>
File: DSC03784.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03784.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: WP_20161125_001.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
WP_20161125_001.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Yo. I don't know much of anything about horse tack brands, but I dug pic related out of a garage. Looks like it was a really nice dressage saddle back in the day, but now it's really dried out and it's cracking on the surface in some areas. Some water damage (mildew growth) on part of the seat and running down the side.
>>
File: WP_20161125_019.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
WP_20161125_019.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900512
I've since gotten it home and oiled her up and she looks really nice for her age, but I have no idea about the brand. Anyone know anything?
>>
File: WP_20161125_018.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
WP_20161125_018.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900516
Second pic
>>
File: WP_20161125_020.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
WP_20161125_020.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900517
Aaand what she looks like now.
>>
File: WP_20161126_001.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
WP_20161126_001.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900518
Didn't actually use anything out of that can in the background.

The aforementioned mildew damage.
>>
>>898658
But they go so smoooooooth.
>>
File: DSC03944.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03944.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900521
inserthorse.
>>
File: sadfrog_walker.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
sadfrog_walker.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>898658
>>
>>846058
They're prey animals you dummy.

They kick the shit out of each other regurally anyway
>>
>>860437
Look up "Bush Brumby"
>>
File: DSC03948.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03948.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>905446
is it just me or does that horse look fucking massive
>>
File: DSC04090.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04090.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>905452
>>
File: DSC03992.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03992.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
why is this """"sport""""" mostly for women in the west i don't know about Europe but us this is a mostly female sport for some reason, for the rest of the world it's manly af
>>
>>909074
Because women love horse dick.
>>
File: DSC04093.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04093.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>908715
>>
File: DSC04102.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04102.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04103.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04103.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04104.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04104.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04110.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04110.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04108.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04108.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04114.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04114.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04096.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04096.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04128.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04128.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04126.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04126.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04124.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04124.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
I want to ride horsies but I'm poor. )':
>>
>>915072
How poor is poor?

Find a trainer, lease a horse. Generally the cost of the animal is half its monthly expense, maybe something up front. Get bored or can't pay for it, just cancel the contract and if the animal hasn't been picked up by someone else you can come back to it later.
>>
File: DSC04117.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04117.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>915072
>>
>>915362
Like I can afford my next month of living expenses but beyond that it's all hopes and dreams :D

I should probably get a job though before I get thinking about horses and such. Or just find some well to do horse girl.
>>
File: 1200193843989.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1200193843989.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>918053
Careful with that.
They're like crazy cat ladies with bigger cats.
>>
File: DSC03841.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03841.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03845.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03845.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>918053
>get a job
,Just intime!!, yes, yesss, it will cost at least 20$,, ok, maybe less.
,, ride to pasture,, mow lawns, weed abatment raid rose beds,, ask for old free apples at store (got a bag Today!YA!),, wade along streams.
,, Cost?, you get paid!
,, ok, so Real Job!! THATS MY ShTICK!!
, getting you to join the Farmy,, beet,, all that you can Beet!, or in my case ONIONS!, YUMMMY ORGANIC ONIONS!
,, starting pay 11$, Any IT skills and More$., drive super comfy tractors, MORE$.
,, or just, pull weedsall day., withyour HORSE!
,leavetoday.
>>
File: DSC03937.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC03937.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>915072
work growing Falfalfa.
, get a buggy.,
,,WHY not?, just some face time?
>>
File: DSC04140.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04140.jpg
1B, 486x500px
kiss,
>>
>>922157
>>922146
<3 u BaconRider.
>>
File: DSC04137.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04137.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>922609
((YOU))
,,less thenone month to go!,, get in those applications., Farmy does "Contract' work, to avoid hireing Gringos.,, so LAZZZY!
, they MUST hire you first,,, THEN, Greencards.
,,save,, spring and summer, living on BLM,, wild horsesin your camp, for Lunch!,, "CArrots?"
>>
>>895066
closest things would be police horses but half of those still get skittish and freak when shit hits the fan like in a crowded mob setting
>>
>>918064
>>918064
>>918053
>Or just find some well to do horse girl.

yeah no kidding, learned the hard way about that. They are total nymphos in bed because their junk is so desensitized from riding hundreds if not thousands of hours in their lifes.
https://youtu.be/79tjHotvuy4
>>
File: DSC04139.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04139.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>900521
once apon time.,
,get old saddle,, put on TALL horse, friend Rob in saddle while I sit on back,, holding tiny tassels.
,try to run across back 40,,SLOW!,, this is where I learned horsethink,, we turned to go Back,, Towards the food,,,wwWWWWOOHOOO!
,FASTFAST!!certain death as we rocketed thru the chute, Hanging off the Side!!Watching the Barbed wire flying past!!,,ooooYES! we straighten down the chute and Im STILL ON!
,, WE MADE I.... Rob DUCKS,, Small tree branch cradles my chest ,gently flexing like a Bow to SHOOT me off the BACK!! WAAAaaAAAAAA>SPLORTCH!! deep mud.
,,, pridead!!
,Rob rides back LAFFFFING,,HOOOOHO!,,but? somthings wrong?, hes, sorta angled, off the horse?,, yes definetly, saddle slides gently off the back as belly strap has broken with Rob stillin! WAAAaaaaAAAAA!! SPLORTCH!!
,, bad leather,, never again!
>>
File: DSC04141.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04141.jpg
1B, 486x500px
24 daystill spring.
>>
File: DSC04157.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04157.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04156.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04156.jpg
1B, 486x500px
whenhorses bite!,
,notice the smirk?,, slight pouching on lips?
., This,, is, the face of aggression!, of course I have to getin the middle,, and referee.,
,WOOOO bad! Bad!,,,no Kicking!
,,, I was the one with freshapples, and carrots,, Crack, and Cigs!!, so theres tension until everybody gets a few.
,,,,, I hardly gotany, apple.
>>
I always thought it would be cool to get into riding, but I'm always reminded of horse girls and decide that I'd rather walk than possibly expose myself to that.
>>
File: DSC04159.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04159.jpg
1B, 486x500px
newlittle guy, takes a lot of heat., time to Ponyup!, they don't actualy Kick,, lots of swinging!,, littleguy knows to RUN!
, common, start packing those Bags!, a Newlife awaits you on the "Outer planets,, no,,No. wrong script
,, A Newlife awaits you ,,, In HELL!!, Doge Biteme NOW!,, Fleas!
,,, Winters over, in just16 DAYS! BETHERE!!
>>
File: DSC04172 (2).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04172 (2).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>929840
Have you ever posted normally? And is this considered shit posting by the mods? It's fucking obnoxious. You type like you fell off a horse. And then went into a coma.
>>
Any advice on getting started with mounted archery?
From what I know mastery of horseriding is essential, at least at keeping the horse with a steady gait
>>
>>900521
>>900518
>>900517
>>900516
>>900512
looks like yo basic dressage saddle from the 80's or 90's, kieffer is a good-ish brand but that saddle is really old tech so only worth as a practice or somebody on a budget. like all old saddles are german btw. or atleast the ones that still exist today because they're pretty robust build quality compared to cheap indian/paki/chinese bs thats flooded today's market.
>>
>>931363
>steady gait
>looser reins than meryl streep's pussy

never quite understood how people trained their horses to keep going without rein control.
>>
File: DSC04154.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04154.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Farmy,, applications hired Feb2.,
,common /out/,, Amazing BLM, with caves, and river., maybe trespass Indian territorys?
,the work is as (you) like,, from IT Satilite tracking/ square foot gardening by the Mile!,, to mucking ditchs. ,
,, but realy,, what will they, think, when you pull upon a steaming Shire?, full dressage?
>>
>>835514
Maryland is a shit place to get into equestrianism because of the cost. I'm in farrier school and share a dorm with a guy from MD and the cost of full board is like $1000-2000 (vs $350-700 back home for me in Ontario). That said you can probably just take lessons at some barn, but unless you're rich or have enough land to keep a horse at home you can forget about owning.
>>
>>871688
>>872548
my curiosity got the better of me...the cunt got impaled on horsecock.
>>
>>934146
Kek
I'm a curious person but not that curious.
>>
File: DSC04113.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04113.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Wild horses.,, Lethem run free!
,or buy them after Training,,,100$.
,work Farmy,, sell Organic fertilizer.
,Wild Ponys LOVE,, carrots.
>>
File: DSC04173.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04173.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Last week!,
,signup Now, for Farmy!,
,, PIck your position,, Make America Taste Greatagain!
>>
What is the very first thing you should start doing to train a young horse?
>>
File: DSC04155.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04155.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>938536
Super important!!, first day is Key!,
,,if you Miss your First neck Lasoo toss,, they remember Forever!, Ducking the rope,, no respect,, DONT MISS!!
, must get,, Don't Miss.
,, Then Pets and Apples!!,, you LOVE, the Rope!,,, the rope, is love.
>>
File: DSC04183.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04183.jpg
1B, 486x500px
First,, thanks /out/, for tolerating my "Farmy" speal.,, Preachy about free food ,, land,, materials.,
,,,isoothing time, withorses, OK?, or sign of mental.,, whocares?
,,ahem,,
, FARMY!!! BEEEEEETHERE!!
, RIGHT NOW!, fill outhose Aplications!!
, FIGHTHE WALL!,,TAKE their Jobs!, hearthe Lamentation of theyr wemens!
,,,contract hireing for the year will close soon, for some farms.
,FARMYNOW!
>>
File: DSC04210.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04210.jpg
1B, 486x500px
freepallets,, BLM hills.
>>
File: DSC04208.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04208.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04233.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04233.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC04190.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
DSC04190.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
File: DSC03651 (2).jpg (386KB, 1937x949px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03651 (2).jpg
386KB, 1937x949px
>>
File: DSC04291.jpg (898KB, 1863x1943px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04291.jpg
898KB, 1863x1943px
>>
File: DSC04290.jpg (1MB, 2173x1665px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04290.jpg
1MB, 2173x1665px
>>
File: DSC04289.jpg (578KB, 1832x1228px) Image search: [Google]
DSC04289.jpg
578KB, 1832x1228px
>>
File: DSCN4156 (2).jpg (893KB, 2741x1488px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4156 (2).jpg
893KB, 2741x1488px
>>
File: DSCN4176.jpg (956KB, 2251x1508px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4176.jpg
956KB, 2251x1508px
Bite!
>>
File: DSCN4174.jpg (1MB, 3236x2514px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4174.jpg
1MB, 3236x2514px
>>
File: DSCN4168.jpg (850KB, 2240x2513px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4168.jpg
850KB, 2240x2513px
>>
File: DSCN4202 (2).jpg (1MB, 3512x1651px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4202 (2).jpg
1MB, 3512x1651px
spring be sprung!,
>>
File: DSCN4181 (2).jpg (1MB, 2994x1582px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4181 (2).jpg
1MB, 2994x1582px
>>
File: DSCN4189.jpg (1MB, 2284x1413px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4189.jpg
1MB, 2284x1413px
water.
>>
File: DSCN4210 (2).jpg (1MB, 3180x1809px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4210 (2).jpg
1MB, 3180x1809px
>>
File: DSCN4209.jpg (1MB, 3122x1587px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4209.jpg
1MB, 3122x1587px
join the Farmy.
>>
File: DSCN4163 (2).jpg (709KB, 2304x1783px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4163 (2).jpg
709KB, 2304x1783px
>>
File: DSCN4172.jpg (596KB, 1775x1411px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4172.jpg
596KB, 1775x1411px
>>
File: DSCN4173 (2).jpg (932KB, 1990x1486px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4173 (2).jpg
932KB, 1990x1486px
>>
File: DSCN4183.jpg (704KB, 3022x1540px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4183.jpg
704KB, 3022x1540px
>>
File: DSCN4214.jpg (640KB, 2403x1383px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4214.jpg
640KB, 2403x1383px
>>
File: DSCN4221.jpg (1MB, 2929x2277px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4221.jpg
1MB, 2929x2277px
>>
File: DSCN4239.jpg (624KB, 2198x1333px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4239.jpg
624KB, 2198x1333px
>>
File: DSCN4218.jpg (517KB, 2221x1171px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4218.jpg
517KB, 2221x1171px
>>
File: DSCN4248 (2).jpg (1MB, 3155x1819px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4248 (2).jpg
1MB, 3155x1819px
>>
File: DSCN4244.jpg (662KB, 2735x1849px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4244.jpg
662KB, 2735x1849px
>>
File: DSCN4224 (2).jpg (562KB, 2684x1573px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4224 (2).jpg
562KB, 2684x1573px
>>
File: DSCN4175 (2).jpg (1MB, 3266x2036px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4175 (2).jpg
1MB, 3266x2036px
>>
File: DSC03796.jpg (3MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03796.jpg
3MB, 2592x1944px
>>
File: DSC03737.jpg (275KB, 2035x731px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03737.jpg
275KB, 2035x731px
>>
File: DSCN4266.jpg (486KB, 2010x1111px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4266.jpg
486KB, 2010x1111px
>>939832
>>
File: DSCN4283.jpg (934KB, 2637x1486px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4283.jpg
934KB, 2637x1486px
25000,,, miles of dripline.
>>
File: DSCN4284.jpg (813KB, 2691x1653px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4284.jpg
813KB, 2691x1653px
>>
File: DSCN4286 (2).jpg (578KB, 2266x1268px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4286 (2).jpg
578KB, 2266x1268px
>>
File: DSCN4257.jpg (1MB, 2060x1507px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4257.jpg
1MB, 2060x1507px
>>
File: DSCN4261.jpg (1MB, 3114x2116px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4261.jpg
1MB, 3114x2116px
>>
File: 1194611.jpg.jpg (307KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1194611.jpg.jpg
307KB, 1680x1050px
>tfw this thread's been up for over 6 months
>>
File: DSCN4259.jpg (767KB, 1945x1424px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4259.jpg
767KB, 1945x1424px
>>968853
timeto ride,, into that sunset.,
,mostly 404d.
>>
File: DSCN4255.jpg (665KB, 2822x1212px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4255.jpg
665KB, 2822x1212px
>>
File: DSCN4258.jpg (739KB, 1726x1246px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4258.jpg
739KB, 1726x1246px
wouldyou, buy this patch?
>>
File: 4e9f3a6ef60adf151dffe6dab1d39e.jpg (60KB, 500x302px) Image search: [Google]
4e9f3a6ef60adf151dffe6dab1d39e.jpg
60KB, 500x302px
>>971473
>wouldyou, buy this patch?
best thing i've seen you say, bacon...
>>
Where is a place in the US I can go backpacking and rent some llamas or goats to carry my shit? It seems fun to me.
>>
File: DSCN4292 (2).jpg (704KB, 2487x1726px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4292 (2).jpg
704KB, 2487x1726px
>>
File: DSCN4314.jpg (682KB, 1952x1164px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4314.jpg
682KB, 1952x1164px
>>
File: DSCN4319.jpg (1MB, 3087x1622px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4319.jpg
1MB, 3087x1622px
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 133

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.