[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 90

File: image.jpg (136KB, 620x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 620x625px
#71-"3 fo $9" Edition

Previous Thread
>>823902

Despite the heat, made it out to try a new lake between the Lowe's and a movie theater. Getting a few small guys, but I can't complain with how warm it has been lately.

My tackle box is still overflowing with Dick's. Somebody halp! I just can't refuse $3 Rapalas!

>Pastebin and Imgur
Feel free to suggest anything that should be on there.
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>825989
>My tackle box is still overflowing with Dick's

Skid pls
>>
i couldn't find any electrical tape nearby to back my reel so i used 3M VHB foam tape to back the 150 yards of 20 lb power pro braid.

so i'm noticing the action of my trick worms is completely different. i've got 15 lb mono and 15 lb fluoro to use for a leader to try and get back to the action i'm used to.

which line should i use for the leader, and how long should it be? what knot should i use? should you use different knots when tying mono to braid vs fluoro to braid?

i'll be googling this of course but i trust you guys will know.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1536x2048px
>>825989
I've been trying to catch some big cats lately and I'm just not sure how since I only bank fish. I caught this guy with a 5/0 circle hook on a Santee Cooper rig with cut bluegill but I was wondering if there were other/better rigs. Any tips?
>>
>>826009
>overflowing with Dick's
dammitsomuch you beat me to this....
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 4800x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 4800x604px
So I can pre-order this rod/reel combo from dicks. It's Lew's new speed spool. Convince me not to.
>>
>>826042
That's like perfect eating size for flavor and pollution content.

>Any tips?

Use live bait fish, if the area allows it.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 464x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 464x470px
>>826034
I alway use flouro for leaders. Maybe 3' if the water is really clear and I'm worried about visibility. Maybe 1' if I don't want to cast through the knot. Sometimes no leader at all and I never have an issue.

I do uni-uni knots for the leaders because I can tie them well. The two others people mention a lot are the FG or Albright. One of those is really complicated, can't remember which.
>>
Found a fishing pole, a bobber and a jitterbug two days ago. Also caught a handful of small bluegills and bass. Definitely a good day fishing.
>>
What are some good snacks to bring fishing on the cheap?
.t guy with not alot of money
>>
>>826053

I've never liked buying rods online, doesn't let you check if the spline on the rod is straight, or if its a good match for your hands etc.

reels are differen't though, no problem buying those online.

so thats what I think my dear tripfag
>>
>>826088
I like bringing a turkey sandwich in my cooler with a couple waters. sometime I will dock at a restaurant if the lake im on has them
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 1742x3263px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 1742x3263px
steelhead anon here back from local shop and cabelas

guy at local shop was very nice and got me everything I needed within my budget. Got it all for $114, how'd I do?

1/2
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x1938px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x1938px
>>826097
picked up this bag for $30 and got a couple more jigs. going to print out some knots and keep them in the water proof pocket.

now all I need to do is figure out how to set it up then I'll hit the river!

2/2
>>
>>826090
I don't really like buying either online, but god damn it looks sick. Worst case I could sell the rod if it turns out I don't like it.
>>
>>826097
I'd say you dun gud!
>>
>>826090
Same here. But a lot of the stuff you can check out in-store first and then get the exact same thing online for less so that isn't a big deal. I've been wanting to try a Lew's setup myself.

>>826097
>>826101
Wut rod? Can't go wrong with the Sienna reels. Glad you got the bag instead of a box.
>>
>>826097
Swanky
>>
>>826106
Thanks, can't wait to get out

>>826109
Daiwa acculite 826mlfs

Anyone have some good info graphs for setting the rig up?
>>
File: P_20160730_201305_1_p.jpg (1MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160730_201305_1_p.jpg
1MB, 2304x4096px
What are some benefits to spincast other than it's simplicity? Is there anything else that is special about it?
>>
>>826115
>What are some benefits to spincast other than it's simplicity?

there arnt any.
>>
>>826121
Was it a mistake me buying this?
>>
>>826132
what happend to the spinning reel that was on it before? throw some new line on that and it will work much better then a spincast
>>
>>826115
You can toss it in your trunk and not worry about fucking it up.
>>
>>826141
I had a second bass fishing pole so now I have 4 at the moment.
>>
>>826132
I wouldn't worry so much. Fish it. See if you like fishing. If you don't, not a big loss. If you do, you can buy something better and have something o knock around in the trunk.
>>
>>826162
Got it.
>>
>>826164
The most important thing is to have fun and destress. The second is to catch some dinner.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 585x545px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 585x545px
>>826115
Damn, I didn't realize that was a spincast reel. Looks like a casting rod, maybe you could eventually get a traditional casting reel or even a low-pro baitcaster and have a nice heavier setup.

How long is that rod?

>>826113
Is that an 8' rod? And what line did you get for it? I thought you would end up getting a much larger reel, but I don't know shit about steelhead. Your local Cabela's and bait shop guys know what is in the water by you. As long as you aren't going real heavy with the line, you can use that for bass or panfish and most freshwater stuff.

What kind of infograph are you looking for? There is some shit on the imgur, and all the pics like this come from a site called line-on fishing or something like that.
>>
File: image.jpg (60KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 700x467px
>>826113
Looks like pic related is what they were trying to set you up with. First pic when I searched "Steelhead Rig"
>>
>>826171
It is 6' 7"
>>
>>826174
The spincast.
>>
>>826171
rod is 8'6". i forgot what line he put on it but he said its great for steelhead.

>>826173
yeah i saw that too, i watched a few videos on it as well. ill give it a go and see how it turns out
>>
>>826174
Ok cool. That's a heavier rod, right? At least heavier than that other lake and pond rod? So how many rods did you end up getting? Is that a second catfish combo? If you end up wanting to use that rod a lot for catfish, carp, heavier bass fishing, even muskie or northern, maybe think about one of those big round casting reels like an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur but whatever in your price range.

>>826176
I like that setup you got. With that size reel, you can do pretty much anything freshwater aside from fuckhueg 50lb catfish.

Another question- how big are these steelhead that people are pulling out? I was reading the Wikipedia and I never realized that the Great Lakes steelhead are different from the NW ones. Whenever I hear steelhead, I think of the big salmon my friends get in Lake Michigan and they are using heavier tackle than I would use for bass fishing. But you might not be going after the same thing.
>>
>>826177
Average size is 8-11 pounds. Record is 36 iirc. Salmon depending on the species is 5-20 average
>>
>>826179
Damn so they are pretty big. Maybe they are the same. Sounds like a blast. I have seen lots of pics on the Facebook and shit of buddies on Lake Michigan pulling out 10lb-15lb fish right around the harbors when the water is right.
>>
>>826185
Yup should be fun. Hopefully I can get out soon
>>
>>826097

Looks nice. I avoid cork handles because roaches out here will devour em.
>>
>>826191
Thanks, not many roaches I gotta worry about here but I'll keep that in mind.
>>
What is the point of a swivel? Do you have different leader lines with different jigs set aside for east switching?
>>
>>826205
Looks like it is a weight stopper and/or bobber stopper for a lot of rigs. Also attaching leaders.
>>
>>826231
any idea how much main line i should have from the bobber stop to the swivel? i know the leader should be about 18 inches
>>
>>826234
Depends how deep the fish are
>>
>>826238
true
>>
File: image.jpg (498KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
498KB, 2048x1536px
Picked up a G Loomis E6X today at cabelas.
Broke the tip on my main spinning rod on Friday so I needed something till it gets fixed.
Anyone have any experience with them?
Feels pretty good.
>>
>>826205

Most of the time you use a swivel so lures etc. Can orient the way they're supposed to. I also use a lot of swivels/clips because it's a lot faster to swap out for what I do out here.
>>
>>826262

Basically Shimano rods iirc. Never heard anything bad about em.
>>
File: received_1126874457369588.jpg (169KB, 1000x1334px) Image search: [Google]
received_1126874457369588.jpg
169KB, 1000x1334px
>conditions perfect but not a lot of trout rising
>put a fat nimph dropper under a little dry
>cuttie smacks dry anyway
>not even mad
>>
can someone tell me how i am supposed to thread the line from reel to rod?
>>
>>826097
learn how to banter
here is short guide
https://youtu.be/aCYynxHxhYk
>>
>>826267
>run undet bail on reel
>run through guides
>???
>profit
>>
>>826272
kek
>>
File: Types of line stoppers.jpg (365KB, 1492x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Types of line stoppers.jpg
365KB, 1492x1204px
>>826205
A swivel allows the lure and rigging you made to remain properly aligned. It allows spinning without torsioning your fishing line.

A snap swivel does the same thing, but also allows quick lure/hook changes.

It isn't meant to be used as a stopper. Instead you actually use a, "rubber line stopper," or "stopper knot," for that purpose. Neither of which cut the line or require a knot in the main line itself. They merely attach to the line. A, "stopper ring," can be used but requires the line to be cut and tied to it.

Using swivels for stops when they are not needed in the rig just puts unnecessary knots in your line.
>>
File: worm.jpg (6KB, 380x220px) Image search: [Google]
worm.jpg
6KB, 380x220px
How in the ever-loving fuck do you catch a fish on a long plastic worm? I've fished my entire life, and I think I've caught one fish with them and it was mostly luck. Do they hit them the way they hit live nightcrawlers?

>>826358
Thanks for this image. I didn't know about stopper knots. It looks like they'd do better for bobbers than those shitty pre-tied thread things you get at Walmart.
>>
>>826408
I know for bass fishing at least they do a kinda sucking motion that allows the worm to all go in their mouths. That's why when you fish them you let it sit there for a few seconds until you know the fish has a good hold on it and then can set the hook. Only down side is potential gut hook but they arnt that hard to get out or if it's too bad just cut it and let it go
>>
>>826262
Have been looking at the exact same rod for my spinning set up. Give us an update after you use it on how you like it please.
>>
If I put 20lb trilene on a small fishing pole meant for tiny fish is it a bad idea?
>>
>>826408
They represent swimming leaches, not actual worms. They are intended to be used while reeling them in. Most people use them with a weight to keep them at a certain depth.

The types of plastic worms that are intended to look and act like a nightcrawler or aquatic worm are fished differently and look different without the frilly tail. You cast them and barely move them.
>>
>>826424
wont cast very well and will be very stiff. Get 20lb-30lb braid it will be a much much better option
>>
>>826430
>They are intended to be used while reeling them in

???? They have the curly tail to give it more action on the fall. Not to be swam. I'm not saying you can't swim them, but they're definitely meant to be fished the same as other worms.
>>
>>826432
Unless you somehow keep the hook at the very end of the worm, it would be really difficult to even set the hook on a bass swimming like that. Curly tail grubs with a jighead would be a much better choice for swimming.
>>
File: Leech_Swimming.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Leech_Swimming.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>826473
>>826432
Eh, I do it all the time. That's the whole point.
>>
>>826424
>20# mono smallpole
Unless you're doing this for a "I wonder what if..." scenario ie trying to land a striper on a kiddy pole it's not a wise idea.
Base your line on what you are targeting.
20 # is overkill for a rod that size regardless of the scenario.4-6# mono or no more than 10# braid imho.

If you do go for a striper on a kiddy rod I want to see the vid...
>>
>>826508
How do you rig them up? Because whenever I have bass chasing Texas-rigged worms that I'm just pulling in, they can never get the whole worm and hook in their mouth.

The curly tail does help with fishing them on the bottom though.

>>826515
There's also a limit on the drag so that would be fun.
>>
>>826508
I do the same and only have issue with gills biting the end

Even 10inch bass will take a 7 inch worm
>>
Why can I flick my wrist and cast my spinning reel farther than I can cast my baitcaster on my farthest cast? I have 40lb braid on my baitcaster with cheap 20lb mono backing and I think 12lb mono spiderwire on my spinning reel. I do have my brake maxed and drag set pretty high since I'm new to baitcasters. Does it really have that big of an effect?

These are the reels in question. So it shouldn't be a question of quality.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDYHNGG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDYJ82I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1
>>
>>826532
>40lb braid
>brakes set high

That's why.

Once you get better at casting you'll get better distance. What power rod and what size weights are you using with the memecaster?
>>
>>826532
>setting the brakes and/or spool tension knob on max

anon, read your manual on your memecaster next time
>>
>>826532
Pretty much this >>826543

Even with 12lb mono and 40lb braid being the exact same diameter, mono is more smooth so it will normally cast a little better. If you were to run 20lb or 30lb braid, it would be a thinner diameter and lighter and cast better.

And the brakes and spool tension will definitely mess with your casting difference. With the magnetic brakes on my Abu memecasters, I will leave it at like 4/10 if the wind isn't blowing at me and then crank it up to 7/10 or 8/10 when I have to cast directly into a strong wind. Sometimes I will change spots or the wind calms down and I leave it at 7/10 and it will cut down my normal casting distance by like 50%.
>>
>>826532
>>826551
And spool tension is pretty easy to set low as long as you catch it with your thumb before or right as you hit the water. I just like to keep mine so the spool won't spin forward on its own.

Read the manual. And I have a little copypasta on memecasters in the pastebin but idk if there will be anything useful on thatx
>>
>>826515

I actually get a kick out of destroying shitty kids rods that I pick up at thrift shops. I should probably make a video one day.

The best one I had so far was dragging the cheapest lure I could make behind the boat with one and having a marlin practically explode the thing.
>>
>>826520
>>826523
I use a double hook rig with or without weight. Texas rig also works fine, but you need to be fishing for largemouth bass of good size. Speed plays an important role in what size bass will get triggered.

If you are only getting tail nibbles and not hard strikes, check the speed you are reeling in. It is probably just a bit too slow. You want them to do a fast predatory strike, not a following nibble.

Big black live leeches are exceptional for them too.

Little bass under a foot long are not what you fish for, unless you are hungry of course.
>>
File: stress-free-summer-fishing51.jpg (40KB, 442x219px) Image search: [Google]
stress-free-summer-fishing51.jpg
40KB, 442x219px
Okay guys, debate time.

Texas Rig: Weighted or Weightless
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>826592
I thought a Texas rig pretty much implies the weight. Otherwise it would just be a weedless-rigged worm or whatever.

On a rare occaision I will rub a lizard with no weight and run it over heavy weed cover. Pretty much same as running a hollow body frog. But i never seem to get big bass in those weeds, always smaller 10"-14" guys. The bigger ones will be over the drop-offs just past these weed beds and I run deep to get them.
>>
Is it me or do mullet have an uncanny resemblance to carp?
>>
>>826607

...not really? What kind of carp and mullet are we talking about here?
>>
File: mullet-006.gif (1MB, 1500x1107px) Image search: [Google]
mullet-006.gif
1MB, 1500x1107px
>>826617
Bigger mullet. They have those tiny round eyes and small mouth kinda like carp
>>
>>826620
I kinda see it with the big eyes and big scales
>>
>>826620

Only as far as their scales and the eye shapes I guess.
>>
>>826592
Depends on presentation, elevation from water, water speed, etc.
>>
>>826592
>>826634
like that one anon said its not an either or question because both are needed for specific situations and conditions
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2356x3078px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2356x3078px
steelhead anon here, got my rig setup. really liking how it feels
>>
The shill returns with a question. What is a good paddletail rod that can do double duty for jigs?
>>
Is the generic braid that Walmart sells good?
>>
>>826735
its not bad but its not great and wont last as long as suffix or power pro
>>
>>826417
Got out today and got about 6 bass on it.
It seems very nice although it's a tad stiffer than I'm use to for tossing senkos.. My St Croix medium action I prefer for that I think.
Although im also a tad spoiled from the legend elite I broke.. The sensitivity is very good on this Loomis but not as "feel every godam thing going on" as my USA Croix.
The lure ratings are the same for a medium heavy g LOOMIS to a medium Croix but I wouldn't put much thought into that.
This rod will be good for lighter plastics and the occasional heavier crank bait etc which is what I wanted for a spare.
Bottom line is I think it seems like a GREAT all around rod for the price..
Might actually grab the medium rod as well
>>
File: image.jpg (506KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
506KB, 1536x2048px
Slow bite with this dam heat.. But got a few nice ones..
>>
>>826741
>the legend elite I broke..
that fucking blows... thats why I will never ever spend that much on a rod because I dont trust myself to not damage it accidentally. Im trying to decide between E6x and the Dobyns savvy. Ill know which one I like more when I go to bass pro
>>
>>826746
Yeah man.. I was pissed.
Totally my fault though, had a nice 4lber on and he dove under front of my boat.. Didn't realize my trolling motor was still on and he got wrapped up and snapped the tip.
I sent it with $20 so will have to see if they fix it or will charge me more.
I got a good deal on it but still was over $200.
I love it so much though..,I really think they are worth the extra money, amazing rods..curious how the customer service is gonna be though
>>
>>826750
if its just the tip then they will no doubt be able to fix it. people loose tips all the time. It happend to me on my Fenwick rod and I shipped it to them and they sent me another one
>>
>>826754
Im watching the tracking number like a hawk...lol
I want my baby back! Ha
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
Got this in the mail today..
Kinda cool, think I'm gonna shoot for one a year on multiple species.
>>
>>826758
I really ought to fill out the paperwork for my states awards

If I had known about it earlier id have 20-40 for largemouth alone
>>
Hawai'i fag here, posted a while back with my backpack setup and was screwing around with a beefstick someone suggested.

Ordered my 1st memecaster, a Shimano Curado 300EJ, gonna pair it with a Terez rod since I liked the spinning equivalent that a friend of mine has.

Anything I should be aware of/look out for? The only reels I've used and maintained that look even remotely like the thing are big ass Penns and Shimanos for deep-sea stuff.

>>826735

I've had pretty good luck with generic brand braid on my 'shits and giggles' setups. The only problem seems to be that they degrade and eventually disintegrate faster than name brand when out in the salt and sun all the time. Not sure if I'd call it a bad thing since it's less likely to cause problems for sea life that way I guess.
>>
>>826777
Ayy checked.

Have fun with the memecaster. If you have used other casting reels, it shouldn't be too bad. Just take it slow and figure out the spool tension and brakes and what settings the reel likes for which lures. Even a 1/2oz crank or a 1/2oz jig on the same day might like different settings on the brakes.

And take it slow on the casting. It is a little different than spinning reels. Took me awhile before I could really launch stuff on my baitcasters without getting backlashes. Seems like they don't like the high, lob casts like you can do with spinning reels. I try to keep them a little bit more flat. At least you have a nice reel coming so the braking and tension should be consistent.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>826758
>>826772
What do you have to do for them? I wonder if I can get a sweet snek assassin patch.
>>
>>826745
Damn, dude, you got banana hands. I hope you aren't a proctologist.
>>
>>826791
In Michigan you just have to fill out a form and send a pic of the measurement, which has to fit a minimum requirement.... it doesn't count if it's on private property though, has to be accessible to the public.
>>
>>826792
Ha, yeah Bro.. I have giant fucking hands.
It can be a blessing and a curse.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>826798
>>826792
That's why you need a chick to hold fish when you take pics. Makes them look bigger.

Miami anon!!! When are you going to get a job with a normal schedule?!?
>>
>>826803
is she really light skinned black or a latina?
>>
File: image.jpg (1018KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1018KB, 3264x2448px
>>826806
Just call her Puerto Rican
>>
>>826808
so both then.
>>
File: 20160731_184859.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160731_184859.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Caught 7 hybrid sunfish today out of a large pond with my flyrod
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>826823
I miss those sunfish with their big mouths, as well as crappie. Just something that can hit stuff a little larger than UL lures. We have the Mayans and other cichlids, but they aren't quite like bluegill where they are always biting. And the bluegill here have the tiny mouths so you have to get some fatty ones to take anything besides a Mepps 00.

I've been looking at this pic from back in the day as I'm scrolling through them and I need to figure out what it is. I think it's a hybrid between a Mayan and something else.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>826827
Here's a typical Mayan

Is there a fish geneticist around?
>>
>Decide the most economical way to get on the open water is with a kayak
>find a nice foot propeled fishing kayak that has everything I would need as far as weight and storage compartments
>look at the price
>$2,300

wut.
>>
>>826788

Babbys first time. I always wanted to try one, and I figured I'd just go with something nice right off the bat for once.

Baitcasters aren't all that popular out here. From my understanding they can be a pain in the ass to use with the constant trade winds, but as a general rule I'm not going out when it's windy because I absolutely hate getting sticky from all the salt spray.
>>
>>826852

Fishing kayaks are expensive anon, but they look like lots of fun
>>
>>826857
Ehh, I still manage to fish with them despite a constant wind. Always a 10mph-15mph wind coming off the ocean in the east, and I normally fish in the late afternoon with the sun setting in the west. So I can try to find a spot on the west shore and cast directly into the wind, or go from the east shore and have the sun in my eyes the entire time.
>>
>>826859
There is a lot in the $700-$800 range if you don't mind paddling with your arms.
>>
>>826852

Look at how much a decent boat motor alone will run you once you factor maintenance and fuel.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3627x1601px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3627x1601px
>>826868
How do you mean I bought this two weeks ago for $300 (not including trailer). I thought it would be good but I soon found out that a lot of the smaller bodies of water don't have public launches, hence why I'm looking into kayaks
>>
>>826863

winds are usually more along the lines of 15-20 ish iirc. higher or lower depending on the side of the island you're on. Onshore numbers aren't something I normally keep track of.
>>
>>826869

That's a shit boat with a shit motor, and I'm pretty familiar with those old Evinrudes.

A kayak needs pretty much no maintenance unless you abuse it in ways that you'd never even consider attempting with a boat like that.
>>
File: GcxgrcO.jpg (453KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
GcxgrcO.jpg
453KB, 900x1200px
>drive to a conservation area i haven't been to in a while
>as i walk down the boardwalk through the swampy areas some guys heading home tell me there's 'nothing to catch'
>land two largemouth, one looked around 4lbs, one around 3lbs
>land a yellow perch
>get strikes on two other fish, didn't land them but they were barely fighting and probably panfish

was thinking about buying a gopro, got a new phone but the camera is a tad shit and i'm not bringing it out on the water.

>>826852

did you try looking at used ones? because i'm seeing some pretty decent stuff for like $700

>>826872

yeah, kayaks are pretty tough. whitewater rafting is popular here and it looks like it would do a deal of damage to a shit boat, but ive never heard of any breaks or anything.
>>
>>826873
there is a used one of the exact ones I was looking for for $1,400. quite a ways away from me though. Im very tempted right now.
>>
>>826873
>fish casually hiding the cameltoe
>geeps.png
>tfw your computer's inna shop and you don't have your geeps OC on hand
>>
File: mfw.gif (3MB, 415x212px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.gif
3MB, 415x212px
>>826827

this thread is such a disgrace
>>
>>826852
hobie is by far the the most expensive kayak manufacturer. if you're willing to let go of the foot pedaling mimic then there are plenty of decent sub $1k choices. vibe sea ghost is probably the best bang for the buck and it has a lifetime warranty.

if you really want the foot pedaling then just buy a used hobie or wait a year since other manufacturers are supposed to roll out similar kayaks.
>>
>>826926
>foot pedaling gimmick*
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 500x549px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 500x549px
>>826922
Checked

And this is 4chan. What the fuck did you expect?
>>
I just bought a new 1/4 oz silver and orange kastmaster and some 8lb test.

I realized my line, rod, reel and lure set up was a little wonky.

I really want to start collecting hardbaits but I dont fish. They look cool though.
>>
>>826974

That's how I am with a lot of my lures. I select them based on how pretty they are and if they suck I keep em to hang on my office wall
>>
File: download.jpg (9KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 236x214px
I find it so weird how boats are priced. Some basic hunk of material that preforms the age old action of just keeping you and a few things floating is priced at hundreds of dollars, while complex machinery, electronics, etc are around the same price.

Is there some weird pact going on with boat manufacturers to keep boat prices high?

Pic related is at least cheap but I might try to make my own with just a lot of pool foam tubes bundled together + straps
>>
>>826066
honestly i've found flouro's "invisibility" to be inconsequential. I use only regular mono now bc of the cost. However, flouro is a bit tougher against abrastion etc. the one con besides price is it never biodegrades so if youre an environmentalist it is a problem.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>826974
At least you don't have to worry about snagging them and losing them.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 260x194px
>>826985
years ago i made one similar to the pic posted. worked fine in the bays and lakes I fish. Only mods were to make a cover for it out of backpack fabric because the rubber would heat up in the sun and added some tackle bags i got from home depot.
>>
>>826985

Depending on the boat there's actually quite a few man hours that go into making rlem.
>>
>>826986
I found since floro is more dense so you feel light bites better
some people say floro sinks better but i find while using it for fly fishing leaders it is only slight.
maybe for vertical jigging it is? who knows?
>>
>>826592
Part of what makes a Texas rig a Texas rig is the bullet weight sitting above the hook

Without that it's just a worm on a worm hook
>>
>>826936
How'd you get that pic of my gf??
>>
File: 1384210560029.png (798KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1384210560029.png
798KB, 1000x1000px
>>827049

>tfw: its hard to find a gf into fishing

especially up where I go to school in NorCal and all the qts are fucking vegetarian or not into "hurting" animals and shit

thats why I fucking miss my ex so much, she was half navajo and knew how to skin a deer and shit too bad she was a cunt
>>
>>826735

>>826738

wait....walmart sells generic braid? how have i been overlooking that shit??? what's the brand?
>>
Everyone post your walleye lures, quick!

Girlfriends dad swears by yellow and orange little spoons with some beads, but I always thought silver with pink spoons worked better, but dat confirmation bias.
>>
>>827059

They stock a few cheaper brands, dunno what the ones in your area have.
>>
>>827053
Not here in Dixie it's not

Damn near every girl I know loves to hunt and fish and it's pretty much a deal breaker for them if a guy doesn't do one or the other
>>
>>827017
If you run flouro as a main line with a crankbait or spinner, the weight of the flouro is very noticeable. The lures run significantly deeper.

>>827045
That's what I was saying.

>>827014
>>826985
Just sucks when you are looking at some little aluminum john boat with no engine and they want like $7k for the thing.
>>
>>826857
>>826863
Isn't there an air pump bait launcher where you manually pressurize it like using a bicycle tire pump? I know some people use CO2 potato gun type bait launchers.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 299x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 299x296px
>>827166
I have seen the infomercials for the kids fishing pole crossed with a nerf gun but I don't think I will be using that any time soon.
>>
>>827060
it all depends on water clarity and conditions. one walleye lure wont be good on every body of water
>>
File: seaguar_kanzen_2500yds.jpg (238KB, 800x631px) Image search: [Google]
seaguar_kanzen_2500yds.jpg
238KB, 800x631px
>>826735
seaguar says their braid is the best
>>
>>826852
>foot propeled
that's why $2300
You can get SOT fishing yak's (paddle) for $300-1500 as a general rule. The pedal ones seem nice but I would think of it as something to aspire to and sae or and just get a yak now to get out there.
You need a paddle for the pedal yaks anyway in case the pedal system breaks and for some manuevering.

Love my 1st yak ($1200 iirc) but I'd look for a few different things now that I've been using it for a season.
>>
>>826936
that shit all over the boat floor triggered me. I can be a total slob everywhere in life and I'll blow like a volcano when idiots throw shit all over my boat.
>>
>>827114
thats why im a little confused on why that one anon said that boat and engine I got was shit. Its a 15 foot v-hull jhon boat with a 9.5 hp evinrude that has ran nothing short of perfect the last 4 times ive used it. For $300 its literally a steal
>>
>>827252
I dont see any point in getting a cheap little kayak (which I already one two of btw) for fishing when I know there is something that will suit me much much better. If I was going to get one why wouldnt I get a good one that will last me indefinitely and be great right off the bat? I also understand the foot pedaled ones have a paddle but thats for obvious reasons and most of them have side compartments you can latch it to instead of having to lay it across your lap. Only thing I have a concern about with the foot propulsion is that I cant imagine it would work very well in weeds
>>
>>827266
Cool, I may have missed in initial post that you are experienced yakker. I felt the same way about going cheap. I wanted one that would last and I would love which is why I dropped over 1k
good luck
>>
>>827279
Thanks bud, happy yakin
>>
Anyone have opinions about canoes over yaks?

I've been thinking about this 11 for solo canoe for fishing and duck hunting. I like the gear space, and I hear this one drafts about as shallow as a yak.
>>
>>826974
Pepsi doens't actually fish with 99% of his either so it's fine.
>>
>>827305
>canoes over yaks
Grew up canoeing, now yak. Yak is more comfortable, easier to manuever, and pretty much prefer it 95% of the time.
For solo canoe I always knelt for stability which gets weary as I get older.
Canoe is easier to attach electric trolling motor although there are kits to install these in most yaks nowadays if that's important.
Main ++ to me of canoe would be fishing with wife or friends. Don't feel like getting a 2 person yak and wife has had a few back surgeries.
>>
>>827241
https://www.google.com/search?q=bait+launcher&tbm=vid
>>
>>827241

...I Need to mod one for nerf battles now.
>>
>>827314
This is partially true. I'm really fucking limited with the hard baits a good portion of the year because of the warm water. I have a bunch of topwater stuff and jerkbaits that I haven't gotten to use becauss I bought them after February.

>>827360
Shoot treble hooks at people
>>
>>827394
Gee, maybe you should put those hard bait to use in saltwater
>>
>>827410
haha, I'm amazed pier pressure (spelling intentional) hasn't at least gotten his sorry ass to the ocean. I wonder if they dont allow smoking in public salt spaces like here.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>827410
There's a lot of days where I want to stop by the inlet after it gets dark but then I get all lazy and just go home.

>tfw bought 3 Yo-Zuri crystal minnows and was all stoked
Still haven't used them yet. I just want summer to be over so it cools off a little. It's been making me lazy, especially on weekdays when I want to get out after work but end up passing out at 4:30pm instead.

I like when it gets dark a little earlier too because when the sun sets at 6pm, I can get to the lake right after work and the bass will be active from 5-7 and I can go home afterward and still get a decent night's sleep.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>827424
I'm pretty sure I can smoke at the pier. FL is still a red state and doesn't have nearly as many BS laws like IL and other blue states. You can still smoke in bars in FL, that shit has been banned in IL for like 15 years now.

And I still don't really want to go to the pier unless I go at like 3am. Too many minorities, families, and tourists.
>>
>>827426
so get up at 2:30 and go throw for an hour before work.
More importantly figure out what part of tide is best, typically it's just before top of high to hour or 2 after it starts heading out.
When that window is dusk or dawn it's happy time.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 640x1136px
>>827424
>>827410
So avoiding the pier, I have a few other options. The intercoastal, there are a bunch of spots I can probably get away with fishing at. Lots of condos and shit that I could stealth fish. Otherwise there are two inlets nearby, the one further south I can easily fish from the drawbridge all the way out to the jetties. Otherwise there is this Hillsboro River. It actually turns into a canal a little further west and goes all the way to the Everglades. I have gotten some largemouth in the same canal way out west, but never tried it closer to the intercoastal where it is probably brackish if not totally saltwater.

What do you goys think about that river? Pic related shows it. Right where that big curve is, there's actually a public park and boat launch and there's a few other bridges and spots where I could hit it from shore.
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 640x1136px
>>827437
Here's the inlet further south, red spots are where I can fish. I did the spot right by the bridge once but the tide was coming in so strong that it was pulling 4oz weights right into the rocks and snagging em up so I got bored of breaking 40lb braid.
>>
File: image.jpg (277KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
277KB, 640x1136px
>>827452
...and the inlet further north in the pic here >>827437 but I'm not sure what kind of shore access I can get there. Boca is a bitch because it's all condos and private places. Barely any public beach access.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 640x1002px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 640x1002px
>>827435
Now you got me thinkin...
>>
>>827457
Pepsi, you live in Boca?

What are you, an old Jew?
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 299x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 299x450px
>>827480
Nah I don't have the right credentials to live in Boca.
>>
>>827460
tides4fishing
I've always got it open
>>
File: boca0801.png (17KB, 810x385px) Image search: [Google]
boca0801.png
17KB, 810x385px
>>827460
>>827505
You're solunar is dead opposite mine
>>
>>827512
oddness
tides4fishing.com/us/florida-east-coast/boca-raton-lake-boca-raton

tides4fishing.com/us/massachusetts/cotuit-highlands
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 640x1136px
>>827514
Damn, interesting

I'm exhausted and really want to pass out early, but I'm thinking about checking out that big bass lake. I was getting a lot of action there a week or two ago but getting killed by the wind.
>>
File: Monster-bluefish.jpg (307KB, 1272x1124px) Image search: [Google]
Monster-bluefish.jpg
307KB, 1272x1124px
>>827521
I'm chilling until late tonight. All kinds of reports of surfcasting being hot.
Last week I could see them and hear them slurping but they wouldn't touch anything I threw. I think I know what to toss tonight after a little research.

Also Big Blue 16+# (not me)
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Where is Delray anon from last week? You lurking? Did you ever get out to those Boca lakes off Spanish River? I'm heading up that way and still want to know if those lakes actually produce.

>>827551
Good luck mang.
>>
What go you guys do when you have like 80lbs test, it is completely snagged up, and won't budge due to being wrapped around stuff in the water?
>>
If you were to buy an inexpensive but usable use once a year salt water fishing setup. What would you buy?

For leasurely fishing off bay/piers and possibly beach.
>>
>>827570
Wrap a rag around my hand a couple times, wrap the line around the rag, and pull. But 40lb is the heaviest I'm running.

>>827571
One of the Penn spinning combos. There are a handful from less than $100 to around $200. If you want to go a little cheaper, I would probably look at some of the Bass Pro Offshore Angler setups. Spend at least $75 and you should get something that will work fine year after year when you pull it out of the closet or garage.
>>
>>827570
I usually crank drag all the way up and try to change the angle I'm pulling from. Freed 3 snags just like this at the CC Canal last week.
In every case a hook bent and I got everything back.
If it's wrapped to shit and not snagged only you only have 1 choice, assuming you can't wade or swim to the snag, cut the line.
>>
>>827571
Penn Pursuit combo $60
>>
>>827574
>Wrap a rag around my hand a couple times, wrap the line around the rag, and pull. But 40lb is the heaviest I'm running.

When I do that and the hook doesn't snap, I always end up pulling in logs and shit like old bicycles. Once it was a god damn newspaper vending machine.
>>
>>827065

cheapest shit is about 10 bucks per 100 yards or so and it's all name brand.

the longest braid they sold was 150 yards of power pro.

i was actually looking for some cheap 10-15 lb big spools of fluorocarbon at ass pro but the only cheap stuff i could find wasn't fully fluoro, just coated. if i can't get cheap fluoro i'll just keep using cheap mono instead for my not so critical reels.
>>
File: 01082016.jpg (4MB, 2784x1796px) Image search: [Google]
01082016.jpg
4MB, 2784x1796px
Netherlands - Pike-Perch , maybe 30-40 cm I guess.
>>
Is flouro worth picking up to use as a leader?

I'm mostly hitting perch, bass and trout.

I had had success with a mono leader but is it worth the extra dosh to change it up?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Jeez bass are tough on that UL. Maybe not tough, more like requires patience.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>827017
It makes topwater stuff sink or float nose angled down.

>>827632
Same

I snapped a rod the other day, i just sawed the ends and sanded them down so one would fit inside the other. Put them back together with epoxy. Anyone have experience with fixing broken rods? I guess i coulda turned it into a 2 piece if i wanted.
>>
>>827632
I mean in my experiences, bass aren't line shy at all so even when running red braid, I haven't had an issue with it. The flouro helps with toothy fish since i
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>827651
Ehh fucked that up.

And I don't think I should go back to that lake where I got that 26" largemouth anymore. Had a sheriff waiting at my car when I walked back and you aren't supposed to be at that lake unless you live there. He also wasn't happy about the IL plates on my car even though I have been living in FL for 3 years. I thought I might get in some real trouble because he was kinda stern until I gave the "Sorry sir, I'm just trying to stay out if trouble and catch another 7lb bass" speech. Then after he ran my license and all that stuff and realized I have been a good boy, he's like "I didn't see you here".

It's ok though. The fish there keep outsmarting me and I only manage to land like 1/10 fish that bite.
>>
>>827579
>Once it was a god damn newspaper vending machine.

Hey that's kinda cool tho
>>
>>826988
I really want to start using hard baits but the nearest lakes have mostly stuff between 6-9 inches with a lower % chance of hitting a 2 year stocked fish (those are 10-16 inches).

Are there hardbaits for smaller fish, say like a 6-9 inch trout (bass too)?

What would you guys recommend? Someone shill me some rapala or something.
>>
>>827749
Ill throw a 5" jerkbait for small mouth and catch little guys all the time. Sometime the lure is barely bigger then the fish.
>>
>>827753
Forgot to mention thats the largest size jerkbait so yes there are smaller hard baits for fish in that size range
>>
>>827394
I actually bought a lot of hard baits recently after hooking my first big bass since I don't really freshwater fish and just have a lot of salty lures.

Got to the lake and as soon as I got out of my car my face just went to ":|" as I realized it was the middle of summer and the lake felt like bathwater. Still haven't gotten a hit on any of them.
>>
>>827760
Wacky rig a senko and look for the coldest water in the area, shaded areas, and drop offs
>>
>>827767
I've been using some dark colored worms and chartreuse lizards but haven't actually pulled a bass out with either yet.

Probably just gonna go back to saltwater until winter time when I can't fish the gulf because of the wind.
>>
Anyone here have experience with 13 fishing concept a? I dont know if i should get it or not. Ive held it and it feels really nice looks nice the only thing that is holding me back is the line capacity 100 yards of 12lb line and I tend to use 15-30 lb braid wat do?
>>
>>827772
Dark colored baits for dirty (low viability) water. Greens and more natural colors for clear water
>>
>>827777
*Visibility
>>827773
When they say 100 yards of 12lb they mean mono. 30lb braid has the same diameter of 8lb mono meaning you'll get around 130 yards of that on which is plenty
>>
>>827779
Oh shit I never actually thought of that. Thanks man appreciate it
>>
Anyone else consider this almost an addiction?

I need to get a few hours sleep before I get up for work tomorrow, but all I an think about is hitting the dock with a lantern and going after some cats.

I think about fishing 24/7. It's all I want to do. It's sort of all I care about.
>>
>>827795

my sleep cycle is now based around being awake at prime fishing hours
>>
>>827795
I feel the same. I'm really tempted to get out tmr morning early even when i have 10 hrs of work tmr since I overslept today when I don't have work
>>
>>827795
Do it.
I got 2 hours of sleep because I got off at 11:30 and was on the dock catfishing until 6.
>>
>>826042
Use a smaller main line and a heavy leader line of about three feet

I've got a twenty on my monster rod and use a sixty lb leader

Santee rigs are only for cut/stink bait if your bait can still swim drop the quark off it and give it some extra line after it hits bottom so it can struggle more

Bait just depends on your where your fishing so ask around

In the river I like eel and crawfish when I go to lake marion and moultry for the big ones it's all live bream/shad
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>827772
That chartruese pepper has been working well for me in clear water. Dark black/blues for somewhat muddy water or even fairly clear water when running through grass and weeds. Zoom's Sprayed Grass color has been a go-to for almost any condition. I have lizards, brush hogs, finesse worms, and trick worms all in Sprayed Grass.

>>827760
Those hard baits like cranks are tricky in warm water. And you really gotta get out right at dusk or dawn in the summer.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>827749
+1 on suspending jerkbaits, they are probably my favorite real hard bait like that. Rapala X-Raps are GOAT. Husky Jerks are nice too as well as some of the Yo-Zuris. I just grabbed a couple of Yamamoto jerkbaits on sale at Dick's, they are probably <3" and the Mayans were chasing those all over yesterday.

Original Rapalas and those small Rat-L-Traps do well for smaller bass and crappie too.
>>
>>827947
ive only been fishing them 30 minutes before-after dark and in the morning.

It's frustrating cause I can see them exploding on top of the water all over the lake but they wont hit any lures I throw.
>>
File: 1845904_pri-1108021059164.jpg (26KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1845904_pri-1108021059164.jpg
26KB, 700x700px
>>827951
So at first I thought you were talking about these.

I don't understand the point of them.
>>
File: rs.jpg (46KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
rs.jpg
46KB, 1067x800px
>>828081
those are no different then the hollow body frogs except obviously its a mouse instead of frog. they make much more realistic mouse lures, even duck lures now
>>
>>827951

...I read that packaging as "meme action slashbait" for a second there.
>>
>>828102
Well you're not wrong
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Bought this little guy for my upcoming trip to the Uinitas mountain in Utah. Plan on catching some trout and frying em up over the fire. Solid little rod and reel combo and I have yet to find the sections coming loose. Its also nice to carry around in my backpack when I ride my enduro to hard to reach fishing spots.
>>
>>828100
But why mice? Are bass known for eating rodents? Honest question.
>>
>>828139
Bass will eat anything that will fit/could maybe fit in their mouth
>>
File: rs.php.jpg (12KB, 302x226px) Image search: [Google]
rs.php.jpg
12KB, 302x226px
>>828139
bass, salmon, pike, musky, walleye ect, all eat mice.

ducklings get eaten too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtOGeiTas8I
>>
>>826066
FG is the complicated one. Albright is no harder to tie than double uni.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I haven't been here is a while. Has Pepsi thrown a single lure into the ocean yet?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>tfw someone got a really nice 40 pound cobia
>tfw I've never caught a cobia in my life
>>
>>828281
Cobia are a meem fish
>>
>>828329

why?
>>
how do i catch fish

just worms?
>>
>>828347
1. fishing pole
2.hook
3. bait
4.water
1+2+3+4=Fish
>>
>>828348
k but what about all those fancy lures

are they useless?
>>
>>828351
depends on what kinda fish you wanna catch. if you want to just catch A fish just drop a worm down and something will bite it
>>
>>828357
k

im going to a place called georgian bay in ontario

do you think i'll have trouble catching stuff with just worms there?
>>
>>828348
Meh, I've seen it done without 1 or 3.

I'd be scared to see what you would get without 4
>>
>>828365
well yea it can be done. weirdest fish I ever caught was with a stick I found with a 3 foot strip of mono and a pine cone on the other end. I would set the pine cone on the surface of this little tiny pool at the end of a culvert and big minnows would instantly fight over it thinking it was a bug
>>828361
probably not, just look for some docks and drop it down
>>
>>828370
we're going innawoods on canoes there wont be any docks
>>
>>828374
any idea on the depth of that area? might wanna bring a couple bobers too
>>
>>828374
Im not that certain on what might be in there but id assume probably some smallmouth and pike probably. wouldn't hurt to bring a mepps along if the pan fish arnt interested
>>
>>828365
I've snagged both birds and bats on casts so....
>>
File: tautogyoy.jpg (309KB, 1620x1068px) Image search: [Google]
tautogyoy.jpg
309KB, 1620x1068px
Caught a babby tautog this afternoon. Odd little fish, looked kinda like a puffer, grunted and had teeth from hell.
Phone was in truck so stock photo of fish, no teeth pic.
>>
>>828376
literally no idea what any of that is

my uncle will probably bring that stuff desu
>>
>>828391
just two common fish species I would assume are in that area of water. a mepps is just a brand of inline spinners (pic related)
>>
File: rs (1).jpg (92KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
rs (1).jpg
92KB, 1067x800px
>>828399
whoops
>>
File: 20160728_150641[1].jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160728_150641[1].jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Awww man! Not again!
>>
File: image.jpg (262KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262KB, 640x1136px
Does anyone ever have any luck fishing in the middle of they day?

I had some downtime at work and fished this little pond, and I didn't have any luck. I saw a bass shallow and then one come up and get something off the top, so I know they're in there. Guess I'm gonna have to try in the evenings.
>>
>>828471
I do good mid day fishing in rivers wacky rigging, doubts thats of any help
>>
>>828471
I've had a little bit of luck at a local lake. But the only fish that seem to be active there are gar. Pulled one up to the bank before it freed itself using a green pumpkin worm texas rigged.
>>
>>828489
Damn shame. Gar balls are delicious.
>>
File: fish2.jpg (90KB, 624x832px) Image search: [Google]
fish2.jpg
90KB, 624x832px
>>826408
I've been having good success lately with wacky rigging 4-5" senkos in the middle fishing 76*F-82*F waters, no more than 20 feet deep. Dark brown/green colors, jig head worm hooks. Slowly pull up, some random flutters, keep tension and bring it back real slow. Go texas rig in heavy cover or if you're snagging up a lot.
>>
>>826803
Hey Pepsi! Haven't had a break to go fishing in a long time. My shifts either start at 6/7 or end at 6/7.
>>
>>826806
>>826808
I'm Dominican reeeee
>>
>>828586
la negra bonita ;)
>>
>>828336
You can catch them on literally anything
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 736x490px
>>828681
Where's the Homer Simpson lure?

This girl with the cobia is funny. She is secretly so unhappy.

>>828584
You just gotta get out early in the morning
>>
File: image.jpg (164KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
164KB, 640x1136px
>>828471
Just got this email yesterday
http://mysterytacklebox.com/blog/3-tips-catching-bass-mid-day-summer-heat/?utm_source=Monthly+Newsletter&utm_campaign=14730a4928-MONTHLY_NEWSLETTER_NON_SUB&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_2e5c13e67e-14730a4928-82023885&mc_cid=14730a4928&mc_eid=f4a7ff4f10
>>
>>828728
>pic

such a "mfw" pic
>>
>>828734
Is the Mystery Tackle Box worth it? I've heard mixed things.
>>
>>828777
checked and I would say yes. I do both and they are easily worth it as long as you use everything in the box at some point.
>>
>>828777
The mtb and ltb boxes are a nice way to get you out of your comfort zone and to build your collection when starting imo. I've caught something on almost every lure they've sent me, so it's not like they're ripping you off and sending you cheap shit.
>>
>>828777
Ive had it for two years and really enjoy it. It allows me to learn how to use a big variety of baits all for different situations.
>>
>>828794
>>828836
>>828848
Buncha MTB shills here

It's not bad though. I just don't need more shit that I will only use once or never use and get buried in my tackle box.
>>
>>828849
>shills
says the guy who's 6 months just ran out
HA, I think it was you that shilled it to me. That may have been the 1st fishing thread I was in. Bunch of us
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>828871
I just did a 3 month. And somebody shilled it with the $10 off code and like 5 people signed up that day. It was pretty cool, good way to build up a tackle collection with nice lures for cheap. I have enough lures I haven't used yet, I don't need more.
>>
>>828728
Easier said than done when the fishing spots I know are super far and Miami traffic is always bad ;_;
>>
>>828877
My favorite thing about them is that they often include baits from small local manufacturers that I would never even know about if not for MTB
>>
What about Lucky Tackle Box? About the same?
>>
>>829028
Yep, I did trout box on MTB and Inshore for LTB.
I just switched MTB to Inshore too so this month I can compare.
Both worth the $, definitely for the 1st month when $10 off. Can't go wrong and you can cancel it right away.
>>
File: 2016-08-03_16.27.33.jpg (186KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-03_16.27.33.jpg
186KB, 768x768px
Rate my bass.
>>
File: DCIM_7-2716.jpg (145KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_7-2716.jpg
145KB, 960x720px
Ate my bass
>>
>>827593
They are all less than 2 bucks and have up to 30lb line at 600 yards and stuff.
>>
File: fish-carcass.jpg (164KB, 576x384px) Image search: [Google]
fish-carcass.jpg
164KB, 576x384px
Super cereal question here guys, what do I do with carcasses? I fish on the weekend. Trash passes Friday.

My yard reeks. Help!
>>
>>829111
Drive somewhere and throw it away if it's that much of a problem
>>
>>829111
Fertilizer
>>
WTF I can't get this fucking FG knot down. It basically just turns into a ball. Just gonna use a double uni instead.
>>
>>829106
Are you sure it wasn't mono? Or on super clearance?
>>
I have no idea where to go to fish in kansas city, overland park area. Just moved here and it's all catfish lakes with no bass.
>>
>>829142
FG knot or gtfo
>>
>>829150
Go for the cats then.

There are bass everywhere though. Look for hidden lakes in commercial and industrial areas. Google Maps is your friend.
>>
>>829153
I believe it's mostly channel cats. What bait should I use and are 3ought circle hooks good for them?
>>
>>829142

Alberto knot is stronger than double uni and very easy to tie. I have never had it fail.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>829155
I prefer the dip bait. There are special hooks and rigs for them but they are cheap and it outperforms the dough bait balls by a mile.

Beyond that, shiners and small bluegill (dead or alive), chicken livers are popular, and I caught a few on nightcrawlers too before I moved from IL.
>>
>>829182
Thanks for the help. I'll have to try it out this weekend.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829185
They sell rigs like pic related. And the dip bait will always be in jars. It's nice because I just take a stick and jam it in the end of that green tube, swirl it around in the jar of sticky bait, pull the stick out and cast. That way you don't have to touch the stinky bait like those dough balls.

Dude here who does channel cats a lot in TX uses something similar called Punch Bait and swears by it. He also says change up your spot within 10-15min if you don't get any bites.
>>
>>825989
Looking for a buddy in Iowa. Just moved to the 515 area and I'd like to fish a bit more before school starts.
>>
>>825989
>lake between Lowes and movie theatre
I realize that arrangement must be fairly common but are you by chance in Charleston?
>>
>>829191
Which catfish do people generally eat and what size?
>>
>>829210
Small channel catfish in the 8-10'' range are the tastiest to me. Skin them, cut their heads off and fry em up whole.

Bigger ones are alright too but once they pass about a foot long I usually just fillet them. Most catfish taste almost exactly the same.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829205
Nah, SE Florida

>>829210
Check what the limits are on them (if any). I think most places don't have limits on channel cats unless they are stocked, but don't quote me. As long as you can get a decent fillet off of them (maybe 12"-14" or larger) and they are legal keepers, go for it. I don't really fish for cats and haven't gotten any since I moved down here. With most species, the smaller fish have a better taste and texture anyway so if you're looking for a good meal I would keep the medium sized guys.
>>
>>829210
I like to eat blues the best. Channels are okay too. I don't care for flatheads too much.

I usually don't at them bigger than about 5 lbs. The meat gets mushy and weird.
>>
>go to walmart/asspro/dicks/etc
>go to fishing aisle
>buy random lures
>close eyes and pick lures or have someone else do it for you for more randomization

mystery tacklebox without the shipping time/cost.

>>829106

man i'm gonna have to see this to believe it. yes you can get mono for less than 2 dollars all day long, i have ten thousand yards of omniflex in various weights. we were talking walmart brand BRAID if you missed it, not monofilament.

so side story, i put 4 lb mono on my mother's zebco 33 and light rod last week so she could cast further, i get a call to come replace that shit with what she had (10 lb) because when she casts she gets knots everywhere lol
>>
>tfw no qt dominican gf who loves to fish
>>
>>829218
>>829223
>>829224
I imagine any fried catfish you can get at a restaurant is just channel cat?
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829232
Miami anon is a trap and she's taken anyway so it's fine.

>>829231
The one thing about MTB/LTB is they at least send high quality stuff. The bass boxes will have a crankbait or other hardbait that retails for $10-$15 and that covers the cost of it right there. And then the hooks they send normally match up with whatever soft plastics you get.
>>
>>829236
If it's US raised, more than likely yes. If it's from Asia, who knows what it is. May not even be catfish.
>>
>>829223
With big cats (10lbs and greater) I like to bake the fish whole, pick the meat off, and mix it together with mayo salt peppers and pickles just like tuna salad. That way the texture isn't so off putting.

I jug line so the fish I catch are all gut-hooked so no C&R. 80% are normal keeper size but every so often I catch a big one. I've learned that catfish salad and also Vietnamese style fish meatballs are a great way to cook the larger ones. I pulled a 15lb blue up last November and roasted it whole for thanksgiving. It was a big hit
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 600x400px
>>829241
>tfw no Asian sneks
That's how they got loose here. I believe they were farming them for food.
>>
>>829239
I AM NOT A TRAP
>>
>>829239
Which would you choose between MTB and LTB?
>>
>>829239

i have a hard time believing that any lure is worth anywhere near 10-15 dollars regardless of retail price, but i see what you mean. i'm cheap like that.

that being said i did hit up ass pro and get a few 2.49 bargain bin hard baits when i picked up muh merthiolates.

>muh merthiolates

bitches were hittin' hard on those tonight. gonna go out about midnight and jog the frog if you know what i mean. as in get the zika virus while slow reelin' frogs while readin' 4chan on my phone and drinking a beer because i don't have to work tomorrow.
>>
>>829142
>>829152

i just watched the FG knot video on saltstrong and i'm gonna try it out in an hour or so, i'll report back. looks pretty simple the way it's done in this video.

http://www.saltstrong.com/articles/best-fishing-knot-for-braided-line/
>>
>>829111
make fish stock
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829270
I understand you not wanting to reveal it on 4chan.

>>829272
They are so close, just flip a coin. I just did MTB because it was the first one I saw with the discount code. Ended up doing the MTB bass box and going with the "Pro" for $10 more 2 out of 3 months. Definitely got my money's worth but I just don't need more random shit that I probably won't use.

>>829273
I agree with a lot of the hardbaits. I normally just wait for a sale. I wanted to try those LiveTarget Baitballs for the longest time but didn't want to spend $18 on them. Ended up holding out and getting a couple for $7ea. I will pay $10 for some of the Yo-Zuris or Rapala X-Raps if I like them a lot but Dick's has different sales on hard baits every couple of weeks and I have been keeping an eye on those. On Saturday I gor some Rapala Shad Raps or whatever they are in the orange boxes for $3ea and a few Yamamoto hardbaits for $3ea.
>>
Can somebody give me some advice on how to catch a salmon ? ive been trying for week but im only getting these fucking pikes on the line. ive been using my reel and throwing out flies and letting float down or throwing out spinners, spoonreels and wobblers but nothng works. :(
>>
>>829272
Do both with the intro codes and you get $30, more like 40+ for $10 total.
No shipping cost.
Then decide which you like best.

Other thing you can do is google unboxings. It's this big deal to be the 1st to open your box and post it.
>>
>>829281

oh yeah i remember you talking about those baitballs, how have they worked out?

on a side note, i hate tripfagging but if these fishing threads keep up their good work i just might have to trip.

if it eventually turns into a thing then we can even have a fishing meet just like how /k/ has gun meets, which have so far been incredibly successful.
>>
>>829290
Yeah, I too have been considering tripfagging.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829290
I have tossed them a couple times but not much luck. I need to wait for the water to cool off a bit though. The bass don't like cranks and spinners with this heat.

I mentioned it earlier, I have so many fucking cranks and other hardbaits I have bought in recent months and haven't really had a chance to use them. Later in the fall I will start hitting more largemouth with them.
>>
File: ZigXHzX.webm (546KB, 600x344px) Image search: [Google]
ZigXHzX.webm
546KB, 600x344px
>>829295

want to touch the fishy. those are nice.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829303
Those were all Yo-Zuris

I have a bunch of new topwater stuff too that I really haven't been able to fish. Sucks because topwater is so much fun.
>>
File: 0803162354b.jpg (466KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0803162354b.jpg
466KB, 2048x1536px
Scum frog yo

Bout to try it out.
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Got a bullhead. Can anyone tell if it's a brown or black?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x2448px
Another photo.
>>
>>829387
>>829398
All I see is two fillets that should be breaded and fried.
>>
fishing since 3 am, 5 bass so far. one snapped my mono so i'm on 20 lb braid now.

lost my scum frog but i'll get it back when i get innaboat.

i need to keep my dip net handy. i could have been shitposting 6-7 lb bass photos right now instead of the 1-4 lb bass i've been catching instead.

zoom swimmin' super fluke Jr. in white ice, pic related.
>>
>>829448
Goddamn
>>
>>829448
I'd love to go out at that time since I'm usually up all night anyway
>>
>>829448

since i have no fancy weighted hooks i was just clamping a small sinker onto the hook to keep the fluke swimming normally and the fish were hitting nonstop.

when i tried putting sinkers on the line i haven't had shit for hits. it's like these bass realized i changed things up for convenience.

i'm sold on 20 lb braid for cranking fish out of the water. the dock i'm fishing on has hand rails like 5 feet above water. that's how i lost that big boy, trying to hoist him out of the water. i know better.
>>
>>829463
You shouldn't be pulling bigger fish out of the water by the line anyway as you can literally rip their face off doing that
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829463
Braid is nice for those situations if you don't have a landing net. Also for fishing weedy areas.

You have bullet weights? I will run those with flukes instead of weighted swimbait hooks, but you can't go too heavy or it will kill the action. Those weighted hooks are overpriced too and it sucks because I don't even use them much. I think I have some Mustads and VMC's, the VMC weighted hooks were nice and not quite as expensive as some of the others.

I really should get out for an overnighter one day. I just never imagined the bass would bite so well real late.
>>
File: image.jpg (88KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88KB, 500x500px
>>
>>829553
I'll never have a qt to go fishing with me.
>Feelsbadman
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 480x720px
>>829569
One day anon, one day.

Might as well start a new bread
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 620x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 620x606px
>>829585
>>
>>829115
This. It really does make a difference if you have a small garden. The nitrogen from the bones will make your corn huge.
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.