[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 83

File: image.jpg (128KB, 620x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 620x606px
#72-">tfw almost went saltwater" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>825989

I almost went to the inlet last night to toss some squid and jerkbaits but it got too late. I guess that's progress, right? Maybe this weekend I will actually go get my line all salty but I do want to try and get more peacocks innalakea.

Pastebin and Imgur. Thinkin about picking up a new hobby? Want to get a memecaster? Haven't mastered the Palomar knot? Click here!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle
https://imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Talk about fishin
>>
>>829585
First. Also looking for another IA anon in the 515 area.
>>
Alright, looks like I'm tripfagging now....
>>
>>829616
Get a memecaster already
>>
>>829585

The photos in that imgur album are awful. Don't use a dark cluttered background for that kind of thing. Get a white or other light colored sheet and decent lighting.
>>
>>829636
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out which one. Looking at an Abu silver or promax.

Also considering getting a good spinner. The only spinner I have is a Mitchell Avocet 2 on a 6' Ugly Stik.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829660
The pics like this? I agree. I also take the pics in my living room which isn't super bright, even with the cieling light on directly above and the iPhone flash is shitty and reflects.

>>829662
The Promax is the combo, right? Abu rods are normally nice enough so I wouldn't hesitate on that. But if you want to pick out your own rod you can't go wrong with the Silver Max.

And I can't believe you don't have a spinning setup. You will want to kick yourself when you realize how much better spinners and baitcasters work compared to Zebco spincasters.
>>
>>829665
Yeah, I pulled out the old Mitchell last weekend. Even with my somewhat shitty spin rig, I was casting further and more accurately than I ever could with my Zebco 33 Platinum and Shimano rod.

I've always argued that Zebcos had a place, and continued to use them, but I'm starting to change my tune.

I'm thinking I should pick up a good spinning rig before I start in with the memecasting.
>>
>>829665
>>829662
edit: I guess you do have a spinning combo. Is that Mitchell an older reel? And I suggest something with faster action than an Ugly Stik just so you can experience it.

There are a lot of nice spinning combos for $60-$100. It's one of those things where you don't absolutely need it now, but if I were in your position I would be watching the clearance sales at Dick's, Cabela's, Gander Mtn, etc. Wait for a $120 combo to go on clearance for $70 and snatch it up. I know sometimes Gander Mtn will clear out their store brand combos for new models sometimes and you can get some of those for 50%+ off.
>>
File: Flies and Popper.jpg (2MB, 2096x3072px) Image search: [Google]
Flies and Popper.jpg
2MB, 2096x3072px
>>829665
>>829660
Use the light color backgrounds for when you want to show the object for what it is. Use reflective foil to show what the object will look like in a more natural setting. Note the ones using foil in these images...
>>
File: DSCN5123a.jpg (86KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5123a.jpg
86KB, 1024x768px
>>829669
Then look at who they compare with the background of this one taken outside above water.
>>
>>829668
Not really. I bought it 5 years ago or so. It's smooth. I don't hate it, but I need to put it on a better rod. Compared to the Shimano rod I had been using for a couple of years it was like swinging a tree branch.
>>
>>829585
Me and my friends were thinking about getting into fishing. Is there a getting started guide you know of? I've been doing some research in my spare time but I figured this would be the place to get some tips.
>>
File: DSCN4960a.jpg (116KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN4960a.jpg
116KB, 1024x768px
>>829671
>who

how*
>>
>>829667
+1 on the spinning setup before the memecaster. Get a medium sized spinning setup and run 6lb-8lb mono or 15lb-20lb braid and it will be really versatile. Then get down on a memecaster later with some 12lb mono or something like that.

With the memecasters, they aren't the greatest to throw really light tackle unless you get a specific finesse setup. So if the bass aren't biting and you want to throw some 1/8oz panfish lures, the spinning reel with 6lb mono will do just fine but a baitcaster may be a bitch with heavier line. When casting 1/2oz spinnerbaits and cranks, memecaster is the way to go.
>>
>>829676
Yeah, I mostly throw soft plastics anyway. My collection of lures is lacking, and really needs some work.
>>
>>829674
I put my little copypasta in the pastebin. If you are just thinking about messing around for bluegill and bass in some local lakes and ponds, there is some advice to get started.

>>829673
I see. Idk if it is just me, but seems like the Ugly Stiks (which already have fairly slow action) either get slower as they age, or the older ones were just made different. My UL Ugly Stik is 10 or 15 years old and that thing seems so flimsy. I really like those Berkley Lightning Rods. Nice action, good handle and hook keeper, absolutely no complaints for $40.
>>
>>829678
It's ok, I have been using almost all soft plastics recently when going for bass and have so many lures that I don't get the chance to use much. So don't be in a rush.

MTB or LTB might be good for you though if you want to try some new shit. Look for the $10 off code and order 3 months. It will be like $32 with the discount and you will get a couple new lures every month. Trying to build a collection from the beginning is overwhelming so at least MTB or LTB will send you some quality stuff that works.
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>829669
>>829671
I feel ya on that, most of the pics are sorta useless but I may try to redo some of those starter setup pics. I feel like this pic on the lighter blue turned out fairly well since the flash ended up kinda bright. Some of the brighter and clear lures don't show up too well on a white background. I need a good off-white or light blue/grey posterboard to do this shit on.

>>829674
And any further questions, just poast em. I will do my best to waste your money.
>>
>>829678

silver max, lews 7 foot medium/heavy, 15 lb fluoro. i cast trick worms with a small sinker just fine. without the sinker i have to be a little more careful with my settings and casting style.

once you put some weight on there it'll cast like a boss.

zebco fag does your 33 platinum not cast forever like mine does? i was shocked at how far it would cast compared to any spincast i've had. it's not the best reel by far, but hardly junk.
>>
>>829696
I was gonna reccommend a MH for a memecaster as well. Especially the Silver Max. Depends on the manufacturer a bit too though. Sometimes the M casting rods will have more backbone than M spinning rods of the same model. It's kinda odd. But you definitely want the baitcasting rods to have a little more strength than a lot of medium spinning rods will have. That's why shit like that is good to check out in-store and not just blindly order online.
>>
File: 1454434954534.jpg (75KB, 1460x992px) Image search: [Google]
1454434954534.jpg
75KB, 1460x992px
well... its official... the super low water from this super dry summer and what ever poisoned them has officially ended the fishing at my golf course pond. Been fishing there for 8 years.. these are sad times. I went back over there 9 times since I saw the massacre. not one fish left
>>
>>829703
They put ferts on the grass? Nitrogen compounds that plants need are fucking toxic for fish. Sometimes they put something in the water to make it look blue that fucks them too.
>>
>>829669

Foil looks like shit, actually putting some effort into lighting ends up doing a lot better.
>>
>>829699

mos def. go inna store and take the rods in hand and czech the action.

well i'm sold on this 20 lb power pro braid so i'm gonna put it on my old abu this weekend.

a few months ago i bought a 22 dollar berkeley cherrywood 2 piece 7 foot medium heavy for that old reel and figured it would just live in my car. instead it's been my beater setup and i think i've caught more fish on it than anything else. for the price that rod has performed well beyond expectations. it's pretty light and more medium than medium heavy.

>>829703
>>829706

could have been chemicals but on the other side of the lake we had an 18 hole course for quite some time. 2-4-D and Atrazine is pretty much all we used for weed control and it never did shit to the fish.
>>
>>829669
Looks shitty, just dont take pictures in your basement desu
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829709
Green background honestly looks the best in those pics. What it really needs is good lighting because the camera flash creates all these shadows that kinda fuck with the pic. That's why I almost like the blue background (when it is a little lighter) since the light and darks all show up.

I need to update pics of muh lure collection again. These thing grow up so fast.

>>829711
Is that a spinning reel? What size and what do you have on it now? Just remember that if you try and compare 20lb braid vs 6lb mono, they may be the same diameter and similar weight but the mono will cast a little smoother because the line itself is smooth. But compare 20lb braid to 10lb mono and the 20lb braid should cast further.
>>
>>829716

yeah my old abu is a 502 spinner, been running 10 lb mono on it. link related, though mine might be just a little older. i didn't buy it and i've had it for over ten years, i'm not even sure where it came from. probably a friend who left it at my house back then.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugarciacardinal502alb.html
>>
File: IMG_2065.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2065.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>829706
I honestly have no idea what happend to be honest. We got a really heavy rain (first heavy rain all summer) and the next day walked over and saw dozens of dead bass and gills. I assumed the grass had some shit on it and it all got washed into the water with the rain
>>
>>829722
Ok, that's a straight reel. That isn't too old. I have a Cardinal sitting in my closet that was probably made right around that time but needs one new part otherwise I would have it as another UL combo. Too lazy to order the part for a $30-$40 reel though.

20lb braid is straight. But if the 10lb has been strong enough for most of your fishing, you could always think about the 15lb PowerPro. I run 15lb on my President LE setup and I like it a lot. I would probably compare it to running 6lb mono where I can get away with UL lures if needed but have no issue with 1/2oz baits and the line is still strong enough to bend treble hooks on lures off of snags. I use that reel a lot for finesse soft plastic stuff.

The 20lb isn't much heavier though. Probably equivalent to running 8lb mono. Really depends what you are trying to do with it. 15lb just seems to give me a lot more freedom with 1/8oz lures and is still plenty to rip through weeds and haul in any bass.
>>
File: DSCN5118a.jpg (743KB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN5118a.jpg
743KB, 3648x2736px
>>829712
>>829709
That's actually full flash (for most) with full sun outdoors.

I took pics with tons of different light and backgrounds and those were the best of the batches that were not tied onto the line without a close background like this image.

However, spending time to get pics of everyone of those without a close background isn't needed and isn't worth the effort to please people on 4chan for sure.
>>
>>829732
I want to grab some of those inline beetle spin deals you have on that thing.
>>
File: s.jpg (107KB, 782x766px) Image search: [Google]
s.jpg
107KB, 782x766px
Would you guys say that this is a sisco and a creek chub? I caught them while perch fishing and I suck at IDing fish

The first one is really bright silvery, he isn't bronze colored at all it's just the lighting. He's the one I'm less sure about
>>
>>829734
Look for, "Short Striker Spinner".
>>
>>829745
Shiner and creek chub.
>>
File: abu 502.jpg (694KB, 1534x1024px) Image search: [Google]
abu 502.jpg
694KB, 1534x1024px
>>829730

here's the pics if that tells you any more about the reel's age. the handle knob fell off a month or two ago and into the pond it went. not really sure what to do about it but i'm so used to it now that i kinda like it knob-less.
>>
>>829760

Thanks, I googled shiner and now I'm pretty confident that's what it is
>>
>>829761
you can get a replacement or just put a correct size hole in a bottle cork and use that
>>
>>829767

oh shit i have a wine bottle cork right here, i'll drill it out a bit and shove it on there. the more ghetto rigged the better, thanks for the idea.

i was actually thinking of poorfagging up some lures from cork like anon was doing a while back.
>>
>>829770
>i was actually thinking of poorfagging up some lures from cork like anon was doing a while back.

The most of the poppers in >>829669 are made of corks from bottles.
>>
>looking at sufix 832 specs on their website

>10 lb is .008 inch
>15 lb is .0085
>20 lb is .009
>30 lb is .011
>40 lb is .013
>50 lb is .014

it seems that 20 lb braid in general is a sweet spot for most inshore fishing applications. you gain twice the strength vs 10 lb for only a thousandth of an inch, past there the returns diminish.

so does anybody run braid in their memecasters? i like how the fluoro deals with birdnests that inevitably happen and the idea of trying to untie braid sounds like it would just piss me off.
>>
>>829696
I don't have much to compare it to, to be honest, but I've always been happy. It's pretty much all I've used for the 4 years or so.

I have 8 lb mono on it, and its on a 6'6” med Shimano Voltaeus. It has been my go to for years.

I got into fly fishing a few months ago and that's what I'd been focused on. This thread made me want to break out the spinner and go for bass.

The spinner was smoother in the cast and retrieve, and super accurate. Which is odd to me since I always figured it would be more the rod that determined distance and accuracy. Maybe it has to do with the point at which the line is allowed to shoot.

I plan on keeping it, but I'm getting curious about other gear. I'd been happy with what I had until now.
>>
Any of yall ever fly fish for tarpon?

I'm looking to get started and need everything so someone lay it all on me

What size rod/reel/line/etc should I get?

Also any nice brands in particular?
>>
>>829779
I use #20 braid in my memecaster. I've had less trouble taking the bird nest out of that than I have with 10lb mono to be honest. I'm not extremely experienced with them, as it's my first, but I really like the way the braid works with it. YMMV
>>
>>829779
I only run braid on mine. If I need a more finesse presentation I will just FG knot a 6 foot leader of flouro. Suffic 832 is really good btw, only braid I use
>>
Anyone here live/fish in RI? I'm looking for some more good shore spots for bass, and for which parts of the Blackstone river are good for pike, as I've heard they're there but never caught any.
>>
>>829779
I use 20 lb braid for my main surf fishing rod too. I am more comfortable in casting into kelp/weed water when I know i have the way of pulling my lures/fishes out, even for my more expensive lure set up.

I have another lighter rod with 8 lb mono for perch/croaker and corbina since corbina is really line shy
>>
File: BreamFishingBasics1.jpg (136KB, 541x360px) Image search: [Google]
BreamFishingBasics1.jpg
136KB, 541x360px
Thread is sluggish right now.

Let's talk panfish.

To be honest, I rarely go after bass and cats. Panfish are my passion. There is nothing as fun to me as filling the cooler with a shitload of brim and crappie.

My go to technique has been a 1/16 or so feather or tube jig about 2 feet down around structure.

Anyone have some other techniques and tips?
>>
>>829926

Sadly, not much in the way of freshwater fishing in my area. Don't think I've ever actually seen one of those things irl.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829926
You ever fux wit underspins? I don't go for panfish much, but I like these things with a white curly tail grub or small Gulp curly tail minnow.
>>
>>829947
Never. I'll check them out though.

I have decent luck with rooster tails, but I have the feeling I don't quite fish them right.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829947
And on the topic of underspins, I always wanted to get some larger ones for bass. The 1/16oz and 1/8oz underspins are like $4 for a pack of 6-8, but the 1/4oz ones I see that would be a good size for bass are around $5ea. I just don't understand how they are that expensive. I would never pay close to $5ea for them because the blades eventually get ripped off from running along rocks and stuff.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829948
Yeah Rooster Tails and Mepps are great too. For some reason they can't resist the really bright ones.

Fishing inlines is easy though, I normally just do a medium retrieve with little twitches or pulls of the rod tip every few feet so the lure speeds up and falls a little. Sometimes if the fish are being picky and just want to chase it a little, I will go with a faster retrieve and get a little reaction strike.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>829948
This is one more lure I haven't used in forever but has been one of my best panfish lures. They are suspending, and they are probably 15yrs old. I have no fucking clue who made them, but they work so well for crappie and bluegill. I really wish I could find them again.
>>
>>829954
Those are some tiny sons of guns.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829960
I wish I could find out who made them. Those tiny cranks and jerkbaits work bretty gud. And the goofy shaped ones have this awsome swimming action that is hard to replicate.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829960
The top two here are Rapala UL diving lures, those aren't too bad. And the bottom too are tiny Strike King square bills. If you see those little Strike Kings, try one out. I think Walmart has them sometimes.
>>
>>829926
I like to bounce curly tails in yellow or pumpkinseed across creek bottoms. If the bite is a bit slower I like the rebel mini critter cranks. The green cricket and mini craw pull a lot of panfish.

You should start looking for small creeks if you're really into panfish. They get big when there aren't large bass always prowling and every so often you'll hook onto a pike or bullhead
>>
Y'all got any rigs for pool noodle jug lines? Everything I see online involves pvc and railroad spikes and concrete. I just assume I wrap a section of noodle with some duct tape, tie line off around it, and tie a three way fish finder on the end.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829960
These tiny Rat-L-Traps and similar lipless guys pull a lot of panfish too.

>>829968
I have a few of those Rebels. I have gotten some stuff on the tint diving crawdads. Haven't used the cricket much. I also have this grasshopper popper and these tiny Heddon torpedoes I need to try out one day.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>829960
Another good lil crank type...

These Rapala Scatter Raps or whatever the hell they are called. There are a bunch of these with crazy lips, most of them will dive to medium depths (so realistically probably 3'-4') and have a real nice wobble and rattle to them. A lot of mine are closer to bass size or good for crappie, but the Mayans will hit them a bit.

Fuckin hell, I'm lookin at my hardbait box for the first time in a bit and there is so much shit I need to get some use out of.
>>
>>829975
Try the cricket on slack water near timber. Or if there's overhanging branches try to skip it under. I catch a lot of trout on the crawfish pattern up in north Georgia
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2428x2389px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2428x2389px
>>830004
I remember using those deep diving crawdads awhile back and I was actually a big fan because they like to dive really deep but the lip is so long that they don't get hung up on much.

I see lots of pro guys talking about running cranks and rattlers like that, just running them into the bottom the whole time. Unfortunately I'm not sponsored so running $8 lures into the rocks on purpose all day kinda makes me nervous. If I could confirm it was just a sandy or muddy bottom, it wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>829926
I'm >>829804
I can not even explain how man bluegill there are here. I've literally caught them with paperclips, and have caught them in the palm of my hand by holding bread in it. I can't imagine having to put effort into catching them.
>>
>>829671
>>829675
it's a good idea to attach the hook to the leg (as opposed to the eye) of one of the rod guides because the eye can get nicked which can fray the line.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>830032
The pond I fished at as a kid was line that. Some days I could dip a plain gold hook in the water from the dock and get them. It isn't quite the same most places I fish around here. There aren't nearly as many bluegill because of the cichlids. And while the cichlids can be aggressive, they won't hit anything and everything like bluegill, especially if they see you. Sometimes you can get reaction strikes if they are nesting, otherwise most of the time they will just follow lures and check em out so you have to get them at the right time with the right presentation. They are way more fun to catch than bluegill though.
>>
>>830044
>menthol
muh nigga.

So I finally moved to the new place. After paying for all the bills I feel poor as fuck. Just waitin' on college monies to start pouring in. Probably gonna have to catch blue gills just to eat cheap.
>>
>>830044
they any good to eat?
>>
>>830044
Honestly I can't even remember the last time I actively tried to catch one. One time my buddies and I pulled 100 out of a tiny pond just to see if we could. One of them lost it's eye and jumped back in, we used its eye as bait and caught that same fucking fish using it's own eye as bait. There are so fucking many of them here that it makes my head hurt. My dad found one once in our favorite trout river and he immediate killed it and threw it in the woods in the hopes that they would never infest that river.
>>
>>830053
>>menthol
>muh nigga

Literally
>>
>>829671
Looks like a penis
>>
Can I punch with a medium rod?
>>
>>830056
The best fish there is.
>>
>>830176
>>>/d/

>>830043
After 40 years of fishing, I'm gonna call bullshit on that. It isn't the eye at the tip of the rod. That's also mono, not braided.
>>
>>830188
I meant Mayans. I like bluegill but I prefer catfish if only because I don't spent hours picking those little bones out of every bite
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>830190
I feel the same way. Never had an issue with the hooks and guides. Sounds like an old myth from when guides were made of some old school plastic or something back in the day.

>>830235
I'm sure they're tasty. Most panfish seem to be good. They may even be in the same family as bluegill but not positive.
>>
Finally got my chance to go fishing and Iost 3 lures and I dont have swivels. Kill me pls
>>
>>830043
>>830190
I agree it's good practice to use the leg but if you do chip/scratch the guide you can wax it to fill in/minimize the damage anyway so no biggie.
>>
>>830246
>Sounds like an old myth from when guides were made of some old school plastic or something back in the day.

Back in the day, all the eyelets were just rings of metal; more rarely of polished wood, bone, or bamboo.
>>
>>830267
I'd just use a drop of epoxy.
>>
>>830264
Meh, it happens.

When I first started learning to fly fish, I would easily lose $20 worth of flies in a day. It's not unusual for me to go through $10 in plastics in a long day on the lake when my buddy takes me out on his boat.
>>
>>829660
>>829669
>>829671
>>829675

All of this fags pictures look awful, pepsi. I prefer when you lie them all out on your carpet.

The dark background looks good, just ignore the hipster who spent his daddies money on photography classes.
>>
Anyone have much experience catching crawfish?
I want to try and get some in a minnow trap when I go out tomorrow
Would I be able to catch much in an afternoon?
>>
>>830268

Shit metal gets nicks in it easier than something decent.

Guides getting fucked up by hooks is affected a lot by the materials involved. My pole with old hilo guides was fine until I started using more execs I've hooks. Didn't really care though since I wanted to strip and rebuild it anyway.
>>
>>830273

>taking classes
>ever

Ffs retard, the idea it to show the object for what it is and a dark background sucks shit for it. Don't need a fucking class to figure that out.
>>
>>830297

I just make traps out of chicken wire and leave them out overnight.
>>
>>830273
>trolled hard

Welcome to 4chan, kid.
>>
>>830297
I grew up in South Louisiana and my grandfather always kept up a Crawfish pond.

All the minnow traps I've ever seen were way too small. But, I suppose if you had a big one it would work just fine. >>830302 is right. They're cheap and easy to make out of chicken wire. There are instructions all over the internet.

Are you catching them for bait or to eat? If you want to eat some, you'll have to put out a few traps at least overnight to catch enough for a meal.

As delicious as they are, filling they are not. I can easily put away 6 or 8 lbs of boiled crawfish in a sitting. They don't have much meat.
>>
>>830311
I'm traveling out to a new river just for tomorrow to mostly catch walleye, but I had read that crawfish also inhabit the area, so since I had never caught them before I wanted to give it a try
>>
>>830320
Pit out a trap or two. Worse that could happen is you don't get any and you'll be light a hunk of cut bait or two.
>>
>>830327

Also, sometimes catfish get stuck in the traps.
>>
is there any reason not to use a telescoping pole? it'd make taking the pole on kayak trips a lot easier. heres what im looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11BB-Ball-Bearings-Spinning-Reels-Saltwater-Freshwater-Fishing-Speed-Gear-5-2-1/401040158615

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-6M-11-8FT-Portable-Carbon-Fiber-Telescopic-Fishing-Rod-Travel-Spinning-Pole-/111781353630
>>
>>830410
Useless links. There is some space in there and I'm too lazy to copy and paste.

I'm sure they will work if you absoulutely need to save space. There are a lot of nice 4pc+ rods as well that will break down to <2' sections so that's something to think about.
>>
>>830414
why shouldnt i just use a telescoping rod as my main rod tho?
>>
>>830418
Just sketches me out. There are plenty of people who use them so you can def get away with it. I would trust a 3pc or 4pc travel rod more but haven't touched a telescoping rod in decades so who knows. If you don't get a total POS telescoping rod, give it a try.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 640x1136px
What the hell is Aliexpress? Is it the Amazon for Chinese knock-off shit? This Shishmano memecaster looks dank.

There is also a dude on CL selling some Lew's baitcaster for $35 that I kinda want to grab and spool up with flouro. It's not a real expensive model, like a $90 one but still.
>>
>>830309
>I was only pretending to be retarded
>>>/b/
>>
>>830410

wait, is that a pfleuger president knockoff for $10 from china?

sadly all the reviews say it either shipped damaged or didn't ship at all. too good to be true, otherwise i'd buy like 5 right now.
>>
>>830449

ali express is amazon for the rest of the world. amazon was so good they had to copy it.

see if you can get that CL deal for $30 cash in hand.

as for internet reelin' 'n' dealin' i'm still kinda stumped on picking up a pre 1983 zebco 33, they're all like 20-25 bucks after shipping and i reely don't need one that bad. evidently 1983 was when the original 33 went into the 2nd gen, which i have one and it's not that great. i mean it'll work forever but it's nowhere near smooth no matter how much i clean it. i want dat original yo.

bought another 13 dollar roll of power pro 20LB braid to put on the old abu and my bi-weekly allowance of hooks and swivels. the ol' lady txt'd me and said she bought some of those white/glitter swimmin' super fluke jr.'s that have been hittin' so good lately as well. and some bubblegum something zomething, couldn't tell shit from the blurry photo. fucking women can't into photography.
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 640x1136px
>>830459
Doesn't even look like a President really.

I mean I'm sure some of that stuff works, but idk why you would even want to buy a $15 generic reel when you could grab a Sienna or Cardinal on sale for like $20 and not have to worry about it breaking every time you use it.

That Aliexpress website is interesting though, never been on it. I'm thinking about ordering some $15 Spydercos and ZTs so I can take pics of me batoning and just abusing them to make the knife collectors all butthurt.
>>
File: polfu.webm (2MB, 612x334px) Image search: [Google]
polfu.webm
2MB, 612x334px
This might be a REALLY stupid question (infact I know it is), but are there any britbongs who can help me out

I've just gotten into wild camping (which is already illegal in and of itself), but I'm wondering with regards to the rod license, if I was to try fishing in fresh water using just a tackle like I'm some post-apocalyptic hobo, is that illegal (since the wording of the law seems to imply it only applies to using rods)?

Never been fishing before in my life, and it'd be something neat to fanny on with and kill a few hours of the day with (can't imagine a tackle alone is going to be particularly effective), without having to invest in a rod, working out how to use it, paying for a license, carrying it with me into the woodland, etc.

Ofcourse I'm already breaking the law and I'll be in the middle of nowhere hopefully (as close to nowhere as you can get in high pop density england), so maybe I'm worrying about nothing, but I'd still like to know.
>>
File: image.jpg (128KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128KB, 640x1136px
>>830464
This was the reel. I was actually browsing through other shit and it popped up. It's a little drive though, idk. If I get that, then I need to go grab a new rod of course and some line and probably more lures. I need to chill.

And I know the sparkly white color, I have some Super Fluke Jrs in that but can't remember the name. They are like white on top and almost transparent on the bottom. I'm guessing the bubblegum is Trick Worms, that's the only one I ever see in that color.
>>
File: image.jpg (105KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105KB, 640x1136px
Fuck. I need to stay off the internet. This is exactly what I want, but like 20 of them. Looks like Terminator actually make something really similar.
>>
File: chinese reel vs plfeuger.jpg (252KB, 1483x791px) Image search: [Google]
chinese reel vs plfeuger.jpg
252KB, 1483x791px
>>830466

were we looking at different things? because this even has the similar color scheme of the pfleuger. looks similar to me.
>>
>>830470
Yes you are breaking the law, I would say don't fuck up your local nature but you aren't in America so go to town.
>>
>>830474

you sound like me, you need to chill on the gearfagging, i know i know i do too.

but if it's a 90 dollar reel you can get for 30 then ayyyy
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 640x1136px
>>830485
Aside from it being a spinning reel, they aren't that close. Reminded me of another reel but I can't quite think of which one. The Presidents have a more conservative design. Maybe it's just because I own a couple presidents, it is easy to see which are really close.

>>830483
What I really want to do is just order a variety pack of cheap inlines somewhere and stick split rings with offest hooks on there. Swimbait hooks like the Mepps one looks cool too. Only problem is it's hard to find larger bass-sized generic inlines. They always seem to be 1/8oz when I see them in stores. I guess I could wait for another $2 sale on 1/4oz+ Rooster Tails and rip those apart.
>>
>>830470

britbong, everything fun is illegal in your country. do send your women over to the states, i find their accent highly attractive. some guy had a british gf in walmart today and i had to hold myself back from telling her how sexy she sounds.

>>830494

i hear ya. was just going on the blue/gold color scheme.

as for mepps and rooster tails i don't get why they cost what they cost when we could easily make our own. surely there is somewhere i can buy a 50 pack or 100 pack of spoon shaped spinners of various sizes. we're talking 2 cents worth of stamped metal here, just like with everything else fishing related that is 100x overpriced.

on the cheap i generally would just buy the cheap spinners and add a 1/0 hook with a twirl tail grub or something to be pretty similar to what you've got there.
>>
For any northeast fags think I need to run wire leaders for bluefish, or will 15 lb flouro leaders be plenty?

Also fishing for strippers , fluke etc
>>
>>830459
>>830464
>>830466

ok so that reel looks good then? i order stuff from china all the time its always been fine
i don't really fish much(yet), should i go for one of >>830449 this style instead?
>>
File: image.jpg (146KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 640x1136px
>>830502
I thought about making my own too. Some of the kits seem to be real high end though or you have to buy a shit ton. It would be cool. I want to be able to make some inlines with chartruese blades which are a bitch to find. And I could even get some fly tying stuff to dress the hooks. But after you get some quality hooks and weights, it will probably end up at like $3 per inline unless everything is bought in bulk quantities. And even then if you use decent hooks, it's probably about the same price as Rooster Tails on sale after buying the paint and building 100 of them.

That's why I'm thinking about getting something like pic related. I used to be able to find those South Bend inlines at Walmart for around $1 but like I mentioned before, they are always 1/8oz panfish size ones. With this, I could just cut the trebles off and put whatever EWG hooks on.
>>
>>830507
Nah, do a spinning reel and not a baitcaster like I posted. But you could wait for a sale at Dick's and get a Shimano Sienna or Abu Garcia Cardinal reel for around $20 and it won't be sketchy generic Chinese stuff. They should last for years without random shit failing, and if something does break you can always return it or order new parts.
>>
>>830418
You could and you'd catch fish.

reason not to....
Sensitivity
>>
>>830506
> wire leaders, bluefish
it helps but we land them all the time on just braid or mono. 15 flouro might survive their teeth
I always keep 1 rod with wire just in case they start busting bait

Stripers/fluke better on mono/flouro

Fluke are visual, give them bright colors, beads, sunny days.

Strippers piss me off the last few months. Again a few nights ago they're slurping and busting and not touching anything I'm throwing. 2nd time in a week like that.
>>
>>830521
and backbone
>>
so guys i do a lot of night fishing and i'm in need of some economical lighting solution that doesn't involve fire. i see these 2-30 dollar lanterns in walmart claiming x amount of lumens and shit and i don't know anything about them.

what should i use for night time fishing so i can see what i'm doing? the more lumens per dollar the better.
>>
File: IMG953298.png (776KB, 647x1152px) Image search: [Google]
IMG953298.png
776KB, 647x1152px
>>830525
Ive got one rod with 50 lb braid and 20 lb mono leader

Another rod with 20lb mono all the way
And another with 12 lb mono that I may run the flouro leaders with

Think it will survive?

Il be sure to keep some wire leaders wit me

I don't get down to the beach too often but I've had some luck with schoolies early on and more recently nothing but pic related

Where you out of?
>>
>>830532
Get a headlamp mang.

I'm not a big fan of lanterns. They light up the immediate area well, but then when you try to look off in the distance or anywhere not lit by the lantern, you can't see shit. But I'm normally casting lures and moving so the lantern isn't the best choice for me.

I don't even leave the headlamp on the whole time, I just click it on for a minute whenever I need to see something up close.
>>
>>830541

no dawg i was thinking headlamps but i actually do want a lantern type to illuminate the whole area. i want some thing i can hang on a nail or a branch or hell on a light stand if i'm in the back yard at night.

i'll get a headlamp for sure but i want some light for other people when they come over for night fishing as well.
>>
>>830545
smudge pot if you dont have to go far
>>
>>830545
You should get down on a real gas lantern then. Idk why, but the light is always more natural than the battery powered ones and they are bright as fuck. Plus battery ones always die when you need them and get heavy with all them D-Cells.
>>
>>830552

hmm i will continue my autistic google researching then. real gas is fine until everybody gets drunk and the fire department comes :D
>>
>>830557
You ever actually used them? The propane lanterns are pretty damn safe. At worst, you get some broken glass or break the mantles.
>>
>>830557
Do you just need light or are you using it to attract fish?

For light, you can't beat a headlamp. you can get some that are damn bright and will light an area off of a seperate wide difuser bulb.

If you want to attract fish, like if you're catfishing at nght, I would go one further than propane and say the old school Coleman Fuel.

Cats can't resist that yellow glow.
>>
>>830564

i know but i want some battery powered shit i can throw in my car, i don't want to deal with fuel at all for this application. i figured by now we would have bright as fuck battery powered lanterns that aren't shit.

>>830571

nah not for attracting fish, though i suppose that's a thought.
>>
>>830449
>Shishamo
ayyyy
>>
>>830599
>>830599
Also mfw amazon actually sells them too
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FM21GJ4/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B01F50SJN4&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=KGQ8XRR52CHWR7Y3F05T
>>
>>830459
Why is everything else on that page BDSM? Or is that just for me?
>>
>>830604
its based on your browsing history
>>
>>830483
I have some. Haven't had much luck with them yet though.
>>
>>830532
Look at Fenix lanterns..
They are waterproof, durable and great.
Fenixstore
>>
File: image.jpg (672KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
672KB, 1536x2048px
Fuck this heat but found some bass hiding under trestles and overhanging trees getting out of the sun..
>>
>>830623
Also Fenix headlamps are badass..
If you upgrade to 18650 batteries the 900 lumen headlamps are absolutely killer but a little pricy by the time you buy batteries and charger.
Use mine almost daily
>>
File: image.jpg (726KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
726KB, 1536x2048px
Also, have some boobs...with another nice one we landed.
>>
>>830625
How deep were they sitting under there?
>>
>>830652
Bigger ones were Fairly deep.. Over 10'.
lots of smaller ones underneath the overhanging brush and trees in 2 to 3'
>>
>>830658
What were you using?

Makes me want to try this spot I found where a bigger canal runs under I-75. The highway is like 10 or 12 lanes there so it could be a good hiding spot on sunny days. Might have to kick some bums out first.
>>
>>830661
Made me lol.
>>
>>830661
Texas rig senkos in watermelon with red flake and purple with emerald.
Couldn't get any hits on jig and trailers or anything else we tried.
It was too hot for most of the bums to be out..lol
>>
>>830665
Yeah I was reading some shit the other day and was thinking about going with some smaller worms instead of creature baits with the hot water, even if targeting big bass. We'll see if it makes a big difference. Zoom has so many different finesse worms and shakey head worms.

I still haven't had shit for luck with jigs. No idea why.
>>
Im fairly new to saltwater fishing and i was wondering if anyone knew what size hooks to use for live lining fish off a pier.
Also would a steel leader be needed? I live in south florida
>>
>>830666
I use Yamamoto 5" almost exclusively..
Have great luck with them.
Gonna try some black colors cause the water is super stained there.
>>
>>830669
Pepsi pls.

Just remember those weird laws about circle hooks once you get north of a certain area on the Atlantic coast.
>>
>>830669
Try o'shaunesy hooks in size 2 to 3/0
>>
>>830679
Thanks man i appreciate it
>>
>>830483
oh hey, I'm in pompano beach.
>>
>>830683
There's a lot of South Florida people around here.

I really should go fuck around at the Lighthouse Point inlet this weekend. I need to catch something salty besides baitfish one of these days.
>>
>>830686
Try it out. I only get to do it once a year but it's fun because you never know what you'll catch
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>830689
Are you visiting or some shit? Go hit the canals and get a snek while you are here.
>>
>>830533
depending on the size of the bluefish you should be fine with the 12 lb mono and a small steel leader should they start cutting you fof.
In my experience I usually can catch a couple and retie my lure/hook before my line gets degraded to the point of actually breaking.
>>
can i catch catfish with crappy pellets?
can i catch any fish with any lure?
what fish are high? low?
what areas is it legal for me to fish in?
how long should my pole be? my line?
what's the biggest party you can enjoyable fish with?
>>
>>830270
I've caught 6 bass before on a single Zoom plastic before it was too damaged to use again

How are you going through multiple bags of plastics per trip?
>>
>>830788
>can i catch catfish with crappy pellets?
It's not impossible but no you need to go with dip bait or chicken gizzards or hot dogs or ideally live bluegill or goldfish

>can i catch any fish with any lure?
No if a lure is too big to fit in the fish's mouth it can't take it

>what fish are high? low?
Not sure what this means

>what areas is it legal for me to fish in?
Check your state regulations almost all public waterways are legal to fish in if you have a permit but some are off limits to fishing period
Private property you need to get permission from the owner

>how long should my pole be? my line?
Depends entirely what you're going after

>what's the biggest party you can enjoyable
Depends on the size of the boat but generally the fewer the better
If you're on a bass boat or John boat that's around 15 feet in length you wouldn't want more than yourself and one other person fishing max
>>
>>830625
>Fuck this heat

Wear all white, sandals, and the widest brimmed straw hat you can find. You won't give a rat's ass about the heat then.
>>
What is a good boat solution for someone who only owns a car? Or is there a way to be more successful shore fishing because I'm not landing anything.
>>
File: spro_IMG_0708.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
spro_IMG_0708.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>830533
Don't those sea robins make bizarre sounds? Tautog do as well, they just kind of grunt.
You'll survive with that mix.
I highly recomment Spros swivels and Tactical Angler or Breakaway fast clips. If the action changes you want to be able to change up what you're tossing quickly.
>where
cape cod
>>
>>830867
Buy a yak or a little johnboat.
>>
>tfw hot as balls again today
Welp, time to lose some water weight at the lake. I'm thinking about trying some finesse stuff at this bridge over a canal.
>>
What can I do to prevent gut hooking fish? I caught two catfish and two bass last night and two of the fish swallowed the entire hook. Should I just cut the line when that happens?
>>
>>830449
If that reel is under $50, which I bet it is. It will be such a shit reel. Thats not even carbon fiber its just normal shit plastic with a design scanned on. dont be fooled by the knock off junk
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>830947
Are you using lures or live bait? If you set the hook faster you can prevent it. Larger hooks may help a little as well. To get the gut hooks out, I use a pair of forceps with this curve on them. Not sure what they are called, my mom works in the OR and gets them from work. But sometimes those combined with the right balance of finesse and force can get them out.

Unfortunately this can fuck up the fish if you hook them bad but the fish is gonna die if you cut the line anyway so I would rather not throw them back with a hook still in them.

>>830950
Don't worry, I wouldn't expect a $30 Shishamo to be anything other than shit. It's just funny how much they claim. I'm sure the things will work for a bit, but most fishing reels from major brands (even lower end models) should last decades if taken care of.
>>
>>830817
Probably just me being a dumb ass and not rigging it right. I rarely reel in a fish that still has a plastic at all, much less one that I can reuse.
>>
>>830969
They do get torn up, especially if a bass shakes a lot. Sometimes I can get 2 or 3 fish off of one soft plastic, but if I'm fishing a rocky area or something with a lot of snags, I will change them more often since the tip of the hook will poke through more easily as the bait gets chewed up.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I moved. My new view
>>
File: 20160806_151755.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_151755.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
It's good to be on The King
>>
>>830885
They quack my little cousin calls them sea ducks
>>
>>830993
>view
That doesn't suck
>>
>>830993
I would love to actually live on the water.

Back when I was younger, I would always go fishing with my neighbor and his grandpa. His grandpa had a friend who lived on the Fox River, and we would go over there almost every weekend. Grandpa and buddy would play cards and we would go catch walleye right off the dock in his backyard. But this dude would sometimes just leave walleye rigs out and he could sit in his living room watching tv until he saw a rod tip bouncing.
>>
If bass live near trees and stuff, where do catfish live?
>>
>>831056
I'm curious about this too. Where the fuck do you target channel cats? I have caught them all over.
>>
>>831056
>>831057
They dig burrows right?

My cory cats just sit on the bottom of their tank or dig through the vegetation.
>>
>>831056
undercuts
depressions
bank cutouts
submersed structure like cars
holes in the bank
tree roots
>>
>If you catch a northern snakehead, kill it and DO NOT put it back in the water.
Damn MD don't fuck around with snakeheads either. I thought that one guy was making it up.
>>
How on earth do you successfully fish for salmon from/near the shore?
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Went out for a bit earlier this afternoon and aside from a couple bluegill or Mayan nips and a snek following the lure up to the rocks, didn't get shit. I really was just trying to get outside though.

Intermittent rain and storms right now but I think I might go back out to a nearby mediocre lake and see if anything is biting at sunset.

>>831074
Did you catch one? And they are hella scared of the Northern Snakehead up there. Seems like moreso than in FL since our waters are already so fucked with invaisives.
>>
File: image.jpg (608KB, 2848x1393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
608KB, 2848x1393px
Anybody got any tips and tricks for punching? I've honestly never done it but I figured I'd give it a shot tonight at the ponds with pic related since I cant use anything other then top water over there due to the weeds
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Why does everything always have to be so difficult?
>big lake (pic related) right near two other lakes that I fish often
>never tried it because I can't park anywhere without having to walk across basically a highway
>try it today because strong wind from the east and I can fish from east shore
>get to lake, storm clouds start brewing and wind shifts 180deg right into my face
>also really difficult to fish from shore because trees and bushes along most of that shoreline
I need to try that one moar though. Had a little ~8" snek go after a crawdad and take a nip at it and there were definitely some bigger ones where all the bushes and trees hang over the water. That could be a good lake if I can find some spots to fish from the shore. For now I'n just gonna try and wait out these storms and hopefully get a few casts in before it is totally dark.

>>831128
Heavy braid...

Idk because I try and avoid thick lillies anyway since it gets really tough when a bass wraps you around with those thick stems.
>>
>>831133
It's not lilies it's that grass like shit, can't remember the technical name. I've got #30 on now, should be fine but I've never tried this method before so I hope it's enough
>>
>>830962
>the fish is gonna die if you cut the line

WRONG

Like humans and many other animals, fish have stomach acid, in fact their stomach acid is more powerful than human stomach acid to the point where it is able to dissolve hooks relatively quickly
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>831135
The grass isn't so bad. Lillies are by far the worst.

I have one spot I fish a lot where there is a huge weed bed and then between maybe 25' and 50' off shore it drops off into deeper water and the weeds stop. I get smaller guys a lot running texas rigged stuff through the grass but I always get the bigger guys past the weeds. I will get some weight on the line and launch it out past the weeds and get a lot of hits right as I'm coming back to the edge of the weed bed.
>>
>>831140
Yeah that makes sense, a 4/0 EWG hook lodged into the back of the throat where you can't even wiggle it out. I'm sure the fish swallow and pass them really quick.
>>
>>830625

das ist nice fish
>>
>>831143
That's where they will sit every time. The big ones will always be right on the edge of that weed line waiting for baitfish to pop out. If you were on the opposite side casting towards shore and reeling past that weed line you would slaughter them.
>>
>>831148
Yeah sometimes when I'm fishing spots like that with a creature bait or something that dangles around a bit, I can just drop it to the bottom right on the edge of those weeds and just give it little tiny twitches and something eventually picks it up.

I have seen the more traditional punching on tv and shit and dudes pull nice fish from the middle of thick lilly beds but I never get bigger guys in the weeds. The 10"-14" bass will lurk in there though.
>>
File: image.jpg (577KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
577KB, 1536x2048px
>>
File: image.jpg (659KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
659KB, 2048x1536px
This guy was 23" 5lb.
>>
>>831154
Tom Hanks is enjoying it.

Wut were you using?

I wish I was able to get more than 5min in today before it started storming. I'm gonna go tear down some bushes and reeds so I can fish this one lake. A kayak would be perfect for that spot.
>>
>>831155
Got the 5lb on a purple senko in deeper water and other guy on a Texas rigged lizard...watermelon red flake in the pads.
Was a slow day but these two made it worth while.
>>
>>831156
Yee gotta love the lizards.

Do you always fish the Senkos Texas-rigged? Only reason I bought the Senkos was for wacky rigs and shit, seems like thinner stuff such as finesse worms or trick worms have a little more movement and stand up from the bottom more. But I haven't really tried the Senkos with a regular T-rig so...
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Kek
>>
>>831157
I used to fish only wacky cause my buddy kept swearing by it but I've completely switched to t-rig.. The weedless capabilities of a Texas rig are worth it to me and I catch just as much fish anyway it seems.. Just miss a occasional hook set.
Get some red EWG 4/0 hooks and give it a shot bro.
>>
>>831154
Noice
>>
>>831154

awesome fish. congrats.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
And another one.
>>
File: 20160806_204331-1.jpg (360KB, 2125x1196px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_204331-1.jpg
360KB, 2125x1196px
Today's catch. What a day. Actually kept some bass along with the usual perch + pumpkinseeds. I'm just sick of catching so many 12-14" bass in this lake, it's like they're everywhere, time to cull the herd a little.
>>
>>831180
Thanks man.
>>
>>830625

Where you at, and what's your lake's water temp?
>>
>>831184
praise kek
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>831166
Fuckin frogs

>>831167
Don't worry, I have the hook thing covered. I was more curious about how the action is on the senkos. I tried the wacky rigs and drop shots for a bit but mostly just do Texas rigs. But I have never done the actual fat senkos on the Texas rigs. I go with thinner stuff normally.

Pic related helps to show what I mean with the thinner worms. A lot of them are designed so the thinner tail stands up a bit more and wiggles around.
>Left to Right
Zoom Shakey Head Worm
Zoom Finesse Worm
Zoom Z-Drop Worm
Zoom Fluke Stick
Strike King 5" Senko
Zoom Centipede
Zoom U-Tale Worm
Culprit 7.5" Worm
Zoom Trick Worm
>>
File: big pumpkinseed.jpg (780KB, 1196x2125px) Image search: [Google]
big pumpkinseed.jpg
780KB, 1196x2125px
>>829926
>Let's talk panfish.
>To be honest, I rarely go after bass and cats. Panfish are my passion. There is nothing as fun to me as filling the cooler with a shitload of brim and crappie.
>My go to technique has been a 1/16 or so feather or tube jig about 2 feet down around structure.
>Anyone have some other techniques and tips?

Back to panfish....

I am the same. I actually try to avoid the bass since discovering big panfish...and how good they taste.

I think techniques vary hugely and depend on the lake. The lake I currently fish, my go-to for pumpkinseed sunfish is a 1/16 oz curly tail jig near the bottom in 20-25 fow around midlake sunken humps with weeds. Panfish are everywhere on this lake but that is where the giants are. Another lake I fish has mainly bluegills and the best bet is actually fly casting small poppers towards shore underneath trees.
>>
>>831144
not the guy youre replying to, but is this sarcasm? what does 4/0 mean?
>>
>>831198
Cool, yep the zooms are nice.. The 5" Yamamoto has a nice shimmer at the fall as long as the hook or straight and sized correctly.. 3/0 to 4/0 seems good. You want the tip in the "egg sac".

A lot of times the fuckers inhale it when it's just laying on the ground though.
Lift...fall...sit.. Retrieve..repeat..lol
>>
>>831194
Michigan.
The lakes are like in the 80s but this pic was in a river... Still pretty dam warm though
>>
>>831203
It's the hook size.
>>
File: hooks.jpg (21KB, 575x224px) Image search: [Google]
hooks.jpg
21KB, 575x224px
>>831203
>what does 4/0 mean?

It's a hook size, fairly large. For medium size plastics.
>>
File: image.jpg (702KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
702KB, 1536x2048px
One more shot of this slob before I go grab dinner here in a bit.
>>
>>831205
>The lakes are like in the 80s but this pic was in a river... Still pretty dam warm though

80s, damn. What about the Great Lakes, can't possibly be above 75...
>>
>>831209
what do the numbers represent? or is there no reasoning behind them
>>
>>831217
No the Great Lakes are cooler and much much deeper than where I fish.
Need a bigger boat.
Nice thing about Michigan is there are lakes fucking everywhere...
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>831217
Ontarios high 70s last I was out there
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Got fuckin skunked again. I've had enough of his golf course. Water is so low I don't even think there is anything besides baby gills. Good thing I scrubbed my boat today for about 3 hours so I can finally go out on the lake
>>
>>831222
>what do the numbers represent? or is there no reasoning behind them

Good question, I don't know. It might just be arbitrary.
>>
>>831222
Checked.

1/0 is smaller than 2/0, 2/0 is smaller than 3/0. Not too complicated. But then when you go below 1/0 for little bluegill hooks and stuff, it goes to #1, #2, #3, and so on and that is strange. I rarely pay attention to those sizes though, same with swivel sizes because I just buy what looks right and dump em into the tackle box.

>>831203
And 4/0 is a pretty common sized bass hook for creature baits and fat worms. Not exactly something that will slide into a fish's stomach really easily.

The whole point is that when you gut hook fish, it isn't like they just swallowed a tiny hook. It normally happens when you set the hook as the bait is going into their throat. This means you pull the barb back into their throat, I highly doubt they would even be able to swallow the thing at that point so it's not going to just slide into their stomach and get broken down. Plus reeling them in while they are hooked in the throat and fighting isn't too great for the fish.

I rarely gut hook fish because I'm always fishing with lures, but when I do and I have to cut the line and leave the hook in the fish, they are normally swimming sideways and floating within a few minutes. I don't like when it happens, but I'm not naive enough to believe these bass are just going to swallow the hook and be fine.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>831233
The gaps on a 3/0 circle hook and 3/0 offset worm hook are pretty close though. I think this pic is a 3/0 circle or octopus hook, then a 3/0 EWG worm hook, and then a 4/0 worm hook.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>831245
>>831233
Another pic of the #/0 for the worm hooks

I think the top is 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, and 5/0. Those are all "EWG Offset Shank Worm Hooks". EWG meaning extra wide gap. I may have some 6/0 swimbait hooks somewhere that I grabbed for the big Gambler swimbaits.

Bottom are regular gap offset shank worm hooks in 1/0, 3/0, 4/0, and 5/0 I believe. Micra for reference.
>>
Am I supposed to grab bass by the tongue? I caught my first one today and he kept shaking free when I grabbed him by the lip and it like sandpapered my thumb. Or did I just not grip the lip hard enough?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>831251
Firm grip. You can't be afraid of em. My thumb probably touches the tongue. But once you lip them with a firm grip, they rarely try to shake.
>>
>>831128

Good luck punching with a jig instead of a texas/punch rig...
>>
>>830690

Pepsi is this you or one of the bums you find under the bridge to hold fish?

I thought you were some well to do 20 something white guy.
>>
>>831251

I usually plant my thumb on the soft tissue past the jaw/lip and before the tongue. Grip firmly.
>>
>>831265
>well to do
Hwut? Sounds nice.

But your first statement about the bum is probably closer than you think.
>>
>>830822

you kidding? party boating a john boat is tons of fun. you put two or three people that don't want to fish in the middle (usually the girls), and the two that want to fish on the ends. fat man in the back and lighter dude up front. super stable that way. the middle two/three can paddle as well. as long as you're nowhere near sinking and everybody plays by the rules (don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby....) then it's actually pretty comfy.
>>
>>830867

boat trailer and jon boat of reasonable size.

yak it if you want though.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>831263
This is also why I rarely use the jigs. Early in the spring or late winter I was asking you fags about jigs since I had never used them and went out and bought a bunch of them. Still haven't caught a single fish on them. Shortly after I started using the Texas rigs a lot in the exact same situations and had much better luck. Those jigs love to get caught up on the rocky ledges of the drop offs in these manmade lakes.

I have a couple swimming jigs though and I would like to use those a little when the water cools off.
>>
File: 20160806_101529_001.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_101529_001.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>831202
Fuck yeah, dude. Nice catch.

I got this guy today. He's not huge, but he'll be tasty.

I took up fly fishing a few months ago to go after panfish. If you think panfish are fun to catch now, pick up a fly rod.

That said, I got this guy on my 33.
>>
>>831251
Yeah man, you just gotta grab the fuckers by the jaw. They won't hurt you. Bass have those little sandpaper like teeth. Not like you're grabbing a far by the lips or anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (553KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
553KB, 1936x1936px
>>831284
Goddamn far
>>
>>831281
Why does it looks so sickly? I'd be wary of eating that tbqh
>>
File: 20160806_122105.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160806_122105.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>831296
Just light glaring. Looked fine to me.
>>
>>831304

He does look itty bitty titty bream. The ones I see are round and fat, just like the asses I like.
>>
>>831310
There's different species. For example the pumpkinseed body shape is big and round and way different than a lot of other bluegill.
>>
>>831318

yeah i know. i think there's so much interbreeding between defined panfish styles that we often see small batches of very specific fish, given how disconnected ponds/lakes can be.

defined species only works in a world where interbreeding does not occur and where said animal has enough foresight to only breed with like bodied animals, and we're getting into the /pol/ tier weeds with that conversation.

that being said, i always thought warmouth were bass fucking bream or something like that to create little mini bass. like how warmouth was the more bass version and crappie was the more bream version.

i'm still waiting for the alligator gar catbass to happen.
>>
File: crawbitch.jpg (103KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
crawbitch.jpg
103KB, 750x1334px
Didn't catch a single fish today
And all the crawfish sat around and on top of the trap so I only managed to catch a few with a net off the side of the dam I was at
All very small though, the big ones were too fast for me
>>
File: Smallmouth-Bass-page-image[1].jpg (37KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
Smallmouth-Bass-page-image[1].jpg
37KB, 500x300px
Can someone recommend me a rod size to use for both smallmouth bass and saltwater pier fishing
>>
>>831374
a medium in the 6-7 ft range
>>
File: IMG_68061.jpg (155KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_68061.jpg
155KB, 960x1280px
can anypne reccomend babbys first saltwater setup for south florida atlantic coast? The wife and I are looking for a new hobby. Have a picture from our first foray for your troubles.
>>
>>831144
Different case numbnuts

I'm talking if the hook has been swallowed entirely

If it hasn't you should be able to disgorge it which will be violent and bloody but keep in mind that bass go through a lot worse when they swallow prey that is too big to quickly be raked into its gullet
>>
>>831381
Get down on one of those Penn combos. Go to Bass Pro and they have a gazillion of them.

>>831374
>>831378
You think a medium? Not something like a 7' MH? At least that way it could handle some bigger saltwater stuff but I guess that depends what you are getting at the pier.
>>
>>831381
Will your wife's son be coming along?

Get a penn fierce II combo.
>>
>>831381
>moar South Florida trying to fish
It's no fun. Don't do it. Leave all the fishing spots for me.
>>
>>831032
>>831029
I think there's a quarter mile long pier on the river in front of my apartment so it'll be interesting. Saw a dude jetskiing yesterday though so idk
>>
>>831544
I think I should just throw some bass in my pool so I can fish in my backyard.
>>
>>831547
I mean, if you're going to do that, raise some damn catfish or tilapia so you can sell them after.
>>
>>831547
They'll die like instantly in pool water
>>
>>831566
Nah I would let it get totally out of hand with no chlorine first. It would destroy the pool but at least I would have feesh in my backyard.
>>
Fucking seals ran through the channel/bay I've been fishing. Nothing left. Ate every fucking fish in there and moved on. I hate fucking seals.
Endangered my ass. Club those bastards.
Go sharks go!!!
>>
>>831209
>chart
>>831222
>what do the numbers represent? or is there no reasoning behind them
>>831233
>might just be arbitrary
Not arbitrary or random at all.
1 is the "standard/average/1st hook ever" size
Man wanted smaller and larger so he created 2 smaller down to 8 (think trout) and beyond.
Man wanted bigger but didn't want to confuse with previously named smaller hooks so added the 'ot' or /0 to signify bigger.
>>
Is there a safe way to remove hooks from small-nose gars? Or should I just keep killing them?
>>
I'm going to dicks in a few hours and need a new ultralight for panfish and spinning reel for bass. Can anyone recommend things in the 30-40 dollar range for either.
>>
>>831590
Dick's has those Okuma Stratus V reels for ~$30 and I really like mine. Otherwise in that price range, a Shimano Sienna or Abu Garcia Cardinal are probably the best routes and they should have a selection of sizes. For a UL, Stratus V 10, Cardinal SX 10, or Sienna 1000. Maybe they will have a Lew's reel in that range too.

Hopefully they have a good selection of rods. There is always the Ugly Stik, but if they have those Berkley Lightning Rods you should check those out. They might have some store brand Field & Stream rods in that price range. Otherwise Fenwick Eagles for $60 and they have $10 off sales and rebates on them all the time so it would be $50.
>>
>>831601
Thanks
>>
>>831589
My buds use hemostats or long needlenose pliers
>>
>>831615
thanks
>>
>>831615
I have to second the hemostats.

I don't know how I lived without them for so many years. Once I started using them, it made life so much easier. No matter the fish or how it's hooked, hemostats are the way to go.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 640x1136px
>>831611
Looks like they may have some Lew's reels in that price range. I don't own any Lew's reels but people seem to like them and I don't think you could go wrong with that. The Shimano Sienna and Abu Cardinals are a staple in that price range too so see what you like and what matches up. They will def have those Okuma Stratus V reels in the 10 UL size too and like I said I have liked mine so far and they look good.

Hopefully they have a good rod selection at your local Dick's. That's the one thing that bugs me about the Dick's near me. But I may just be really picky plus a lot of it is saltwater so it does cut down on the freshwater selection. Just don't go super short, I used to think a 5' rod for a UL combo was a good idea but quickly started to hate them. You will be much better off doing something at least 6' with a ML weight. It will cast so much better.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 640x1136px
>>831625
>>831611
A few anons have these Okuma SST UL rods too and seem to like them. They both have longer ones, like 7'. You can go long like that if you want, I just reccommend going at least 6'.

I saw those Lew's Wally Marshall rods and reels too for around $40ea. Maybe they will have a UL combo with that rod and reel.
>>
File: Moulinet-Ultegra-Ci4-Shimano.jpg (228KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
Moulinet-Ultegra-Ci4-Shimano.jpg
228KB, 600x386px
these "big pit" reels look really cool, are they just used for saltwater?

also is moss green the only acceptable color for braided line?
>>
>>831647

You can get away with whatever braid color you want if you use a decent leader. I use high visibility yellow and a big ass mono leader on the boat, especially when trolling in high wind.
>>
>>831647
You can get away with those reels fishing freshwater. Main difference is they will normally just hold more line. I think there are some Abu Orra reels that are basically the same but the saltwater ones have deeper spools and hold 250yds of line instead of 130yds.

And moss green is fine for mono. I run red braid on a couple of my rods and the one I use for bads I don't even need a leader on because bass don't give a fuck about the line.
>>
>>831647
They're for surf fishing famalamaham
>>
>>831647
5k series and up are really large for fresh water. As a salt angler I can tell you I'd rather use a 2k series than an 8k any day. the weight becomes a PIA.
>>
>>831692
are those series related on different rods? i.e. a 6000 model from one company is similarly sized to a 6000 model from another company?
>>
Can anyone recommend lures for super muddy water with about half a foot of visibility.
>>
>>831704
They should have similar line capabilities
Though some manufacturers use deeper or shallower spools

Also agreed with the other anon 5k series reels get tiring if you're throwing lures for 5+ hours
>>
>>831704
They are normally pretty close across manufacturers. Might not be exactly the same but the line ratings should be close. Also some makers use sizes like 10-20-30-35 etc instead of 1000-2000-3000-3500

>>831710
Probably spinners or something that will rattle a lot. Dark black and blue colors often work really well in muddy water too, it almost stands out better agains the brown and green background than bright yellows.
>>
File: 20160807_115214.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160807_115214.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
/barelylegal/ reporting in

Pretty much spent the whole morning with no bite and futilely trying to get corbina to take my sand crab. Got this thing on the memecraft crankbait to save the day right before I was about to leave.

First legal of the year.
>>
>>831503

7 food medium heavy hurricane calico jack. fucking love this rod. they do sell it in 7'6" which i kinda want for bass fishing since i'm a whore and love long medium weight rods.

i haven't done much pier fishing but consider you might catch something heavy that might run for a good distance, and since you're on a pier you have to crank that soldier boy YOUUUUU!!!

i mean you might have to seriously crank fish out of the water so consider braid and whatever leader material necessary.

somewhat off topic, a guy i work with told me that he would pier fish and catch sharks with fish heads. said the head is very bony and wouldn't come off any treble hook. makes a lot of sense and i assume since there's no body you won't get hits from everything else.

then again i struggle with 5-10 lb bowfin i have no fucking idea what i'd do with a shark of any size.

lastly, i caught that damn 2 foot long bowfin on a fucking inline rooster tail. bought the brightest most faggot colored one i could find and all i caught was a damn bowfin. i did have some good luck with the swimmin' super fluke jr. and at sunrise with the ancient broke back rebel i've had for 15 years.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>831771
Maybe the bowfins go crazy for the inlines like the sneks.

Those bright Rooster Tails will do work on panfish and bass too. Whenever the bass aren't hitting normal colors, they will go after chartruese shit for some reason.
>>
>>831775

yeah man i was trying to catch some titty bream but no such luck. i got some hits and with this 20 lb power pro on my two main reels i can actually feel the hits and it's sexy. it makes my nipples hard. like i get hits and i just want to show the world that i'm horny as fuck. anyway i'm a big chartreuse fanboy but just as hard as it is to find merthiolate trick worms, i haven't found chartreuse trick worms in ten years.

so do i just order from tackle warehouse or is there some kvlt favorite fishing website i don't know about?
>>
>>831780
As long as the prices and shipping are straight on Tackle Warehouse, go for it. I would just order from whoever has the sales and free shipping at the time. Bass Pro, Cabela's, Gander Mtn, and Dick's all carry a shit ton of stuff that they don't have in store. I order off Bass Pro or Cabela's once in a blue moon if I really need a certain color of something.
>>
Man I've spent a few days at the beach latley and now want to get into salt fishing more

Though driving 40-80 minutes once a week to go fishing seems like a hassle
>>
>>831784

holy shit dawg i'm not buying anything online unless it's a fuckton of shit on tackle warehouse. these shipping prices are ridiculous. who the fuck is gonna buy a pack of worms that could ship for 50 cents in an envelope fo 6-8 dollars???
>>
>>831792
That's what pisses me off about it. Dick's always has promos like free shipping on orders over $50, and Bass Pro will have $1 shipping or other deals pop up. Sign up for the emails and they will tell you. Otherwise you could look on eBay, lots of shit on there is cheap and has free shipping.

You ever fux with the limetruese trick worms? They always have those at Bass Pro and Dick's. Otherwise the only worms I really see in chartruese pepper is the Zoom U-Tail worms. And them I have some chartruese pearl super flukes and those two-tail curly tail grubs.
>>
>>831795

yeah i'm still happy as fuck that we got a dicks in savannah ga. ass pro had a monopoly for a while. fugg if we could just get an academy sports anywhere near savannah.........

back in the day the limetreuse trick worms were my go to when merthiolate wasn't hitting. then i would go to white or yellow or bubblegum.
>>
>>831801
I would be down with a Cabela's around here. Bass Pro is pretty close, there's like 5 Dick's in the area, another Bass Pro in Miami which has a sligjtly different selection, and then a Gander Mtn up north but I hate going north of Boca without leaving FL so I don't go there much. I think there is another Bass Pro somewhere north of West Palm Beach too which I may have to check out one day. I probably prefer Dick's among the others just because they always have good sales on stuff and Bass Pro is a madhouse on weekends. Dick's can get busy too but the fishing section isn't too packed.

Everything is online too though so it's not a big deal, but I like to grab one or two new baits on my way to a lake on te weekend and that isn't really possible with online shopping.
>>
>>831801
I live in an area in NC that has about 20 Dicks, a Bass Pro, a Cabela's, a Field and Stream (owned by Dicks) and a few local stores all withing half an hour of each other. No Academy though.

In Louisiana, we had (supposedly) the biggest Academy in the country. I miss Academy.
>>
File: therewasanattempt.jpg (10KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
therewasanattempt.jpg
10KB, 480x480px
>>829585
It's raining now but go salting next weekend.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>831850
This rain has been killin me between work and trying to enjoy my time off.

It's funny though because these summer afternoon thunderstorms build up out west over the Everglades and then slowly creep east until they break up around sunset. The wind off the ocean holds them back most days, so it will be storming and pouring at most of my lakes out west but be sunny by my house and the ocean.

Today, this line of storms has been hovering just west all afternoon. I was watching TV and looking out my window to the east and it is clear and sunny buy I was hearing constant rumbles of thunder behind me.
>>
>>831884
>pic
>no hills
>no mountains
>just low level short trees

Now I remember why I disliked Florida. The weather was nice though, less humid and summers were not as ball roasting. Better than our summers and shit -40F winters.
>>
>>831904
Idk, I grew up near Chicago and it was totally flat there too so I don't mind.

The heat really isn't that bad. I live closer to the ocean, so there is always a steady breeze coming off the water. In the summer, the high is 86F-88F everyday with a breeze and the winter is a high of ~75F daily with lower humidity and a breeze. Never gets into the 90s.

And I fucking despise winter. Even up there, sometimes it was mild and 40s and rainy and depressing as fuck. And below 20F was awful.
>>
>>831884
So sweetheart, the weekend is almost over, did you have to rinse your reel of?
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 640x1136px
>>831915
>high is 86F-88F
God I wish
>>
>>831812
>>831828

man you guys are lucky. our walmarts are a bit of a joke and like i said all we have is one dicks and on ass pro. how the hell are places so damn populated to have FIVE DICKS STORES?!?!?! florida isn't even that cool lol. didn't realize gander mtn even came down this far though.
>>
>>831938
I mean it's a big urban area, so depending which lake I'm going to there's around 5 different Dick's nearby. Fishing is huge, especially because of the saltwater and nice weather all year round so we have the two (or 3) Bass Pros and Gander Mtn.

The one thing is the Walmarts mostly suck because they try and split the fishing sections between freshwater and saltwater so you end up with the real basic stuff for each. There are a million Walmarts around though so I will often stop by different ones since they will carry slightly different stuff. Sometimes I find interesting soft baits like those pumpkinseed 4" Zoom lizards.
>>
>>831933

>bitching about dry heat

Stay in TX pls
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 750x1300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 750x1300px
steelhead anon here, finally got out. no luck with steelhead or king. did catch a little bullhead tho, had a great time and that's what counts r-right
>>
>>831974
>r-right
right
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2446x3207px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2446x3207px
>>831977
weather turned out great, going to try and go every week.
>>
>>831980
what river is this on? it looks nice
>>
>>831969
Lol I don't think I'll ever want to live anywhere else, but don't be mean sometimes the humidity gets to like 50% here!! :(((

Florida's weather sounds really nice tho.
>>
>>831974
>>831980
i hate shore fishing rivers. the current always drags the line downstream and then towards the shore. haven't had a chance to fish from a boat yet, unfortunately.
>>
File: image.jpg (177KB, 750x1305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177KB, 750x1305px
>>831982
skykomish. this is the wallace, it was pretty shallow and I lost a lot of jigs so we moved on to the sky.

>>831984
yeah I was having that problem too, don't have boat money so gotta deal with it.
>>
>>831983
Depends where you live though. Close to the coast is much better. I work a little further inland (maybe 15mi or 20mi from the coast) and in the morning before the wind picks up, the humidity is rough.

It's interesting too because the ocean dictates air temp so much close to the shore. When I was in the midwest, we would get those 90F-100F hot streaks, but it would still be cooler in the morning and the bad heat didn't pick up until later in the day. Around here, it will be 85F by like 10am, and pretty much stay 86F-87F until sunset, and then get down to 80F later at night.

I've also mentioned before about how crazy the warm water and the currents are in the Atlantic right here because the Gulfstream is directly off the shore. You could be kayaking 1/4mi off shore here and not be paying attention and you would end up a couple cities further north before you know it. It's like a river.
>>
>>831974

I've had the best luck with casting spinners into deep holes and under or near brush/shaded areas in rivers. Spinners with hook dressings (hair/feathers) seem to work better than ones without. Blue Fox hasn't failed me yet. Orange in particular, but they like to hit watermelon color, too.
>>
>>832009

Out here the trade winds usually snag someone and they find their dried out corpse in Tahiti or something.
>>
>>832020
Those things are on my list next time I make a little order on Bass Pro's website. Sucks they are so hard to find in stores.

>>832021
Kek that sounds like a fun trip. That could happen pretty easily here too with the current because after you get another 50mi or so north, the Gulfstream takes off to the northeast and runs further off shore. They would find you 200mi off the coast of New York or eventually in Nova Scotia.
>>
>>832025

A few years back we had a guy on a jet ski break down, some fishermen (luckily) found the guy barely alive about 600mi south of where he went missing.
>>
>>832055

Found him 2-3 days later*
>>
>>831969

I'm tired of hearing how bad humidity is. Ever since moving to ft lauderdale people have been warning me. Try living in the second hottest place in the us for two years.
>>
>>832020
I'll have to pick some up
>>
Some faggot make a new thread. I just bought a shit ton of goodies from Dick's that was on sale.

A bunch of keitech worms, some strike king hard baits, a super spook, and a couple of frogs.
>>
>>832112
You still got 10 more posts
>>
>>832086
I grew up in South Louisiana. I know what heat and humidity is like. I'm sure it's lot like Florida. Temps in the low 100s and 90% humidity in the summer time.

I moved to NC five years ago. Summer time hits and all I hear is how terrible it is, you know, 87 degrees and 45%.

I will admit, though,this summer has been particularly rough. It reminds.me of.home lately. I'd hate to actually be back in the south right now.
>>
>>832119

yeah idk why people act like they're all hardcore when we're all used to 100 degree and 100% humidity. probably some carbon credit paying prius driving global warming leg humpers that gotta save the gay baby whales or some shit.
>>
>>832117
Aren't you that retarded guy who thinks a car is automatically better if instead of being FWD it was RWD?
How delusional
you know they did that and the RWD converted cars performed worse?
>>
File: IMG_1506[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1506[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>832117
I don't know since when theses threads had a bigger bump limit but okay. here we go:

keitechs were buy one, get one 50% off. Effectively 25% off...
>>
File: IMG_1507[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1507[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>832144
strike king hard baits were 3 dollars each, super spook was 5 dollars, sabiki was 0.99c each. Lake fork 2" bait was like 1.50.
>>
File: IMG_1508[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1508[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>832144
>I don't know since when theses threads had a bigger bump limit but okay. here we go:

jesus fucking christ what was I trying to say here?

Live target frogs were 4 dollars each.
>>
>>832142

wut
>>
>>832142
>converted
Sounds like that is your issue right there.

Besides, I don't know of any FWD cars off the top of my head that can hit the level of performance seen by RWD. That said, there are definite benefits to driving a FWD car.
>>
>>832149
>>832148
Wrong. Straight up wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (138KB, 620x707px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138KB, 620x707px
>>832153
>>
>>832100
Size 2 or 3 blade
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.