[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

innawoods defense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1468448478987.png (145KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1468448478987.png
145KB, 500x313px
I'm going hiking in the Rockies in a few weeks. What's the best semiauto handgun for defense against animals innawoods? Excepting bears, because bear defense threads always result in shitposting.
>>
>>818999
>>>/k/
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3008x2437px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3008x2437px
10mm. And that's not bear poop it's Vole poop
>>
>>818999

Handguns are for negroes to rob liquor-stores, they donĀ“t belong innawoods. Take a shotgun ore any rifle in a decent calibre for hunting or defense against predators.
>>
>>818999
The only animals you need to worry about in the Rockies are humans
>>>/k/
>>
>>819059
>weight
>>
>>818999

Sure

You'll never need to use it, though
>>
>>818999
Stay in Texas, faggot
>>
File: kout.png (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
kout.png
15KB, 500x375px
>>818999
>innawoods defense
>>
>>819109
But I'm not a Californian. Why would I move to Texas?
>>
>>818999
The bigger the better

You can never be too safe - aliens will invade soon
>>
>>819135
Silly anon, mexicans don't live in the mountains.
>>
>>819115
on the Californian note
What would a californian bring innawoods? I'm not sure you're even allowed to carry innnawoods in CA and I don't own a dildo so I can't take that.
>>
>>819103
> id rather die than pack a few extra pounds
>>
Take a musical intrument with you. A flute or something. It's fun and it alerts animals of your presence (so you don't run into them and scare them into attacking you). You don't even have to play it that much, they will stay away from where the music is coming from for days if you play for 20 minutes.

My experince if from the canadian portion of the rockies, so it might differ a little, idk. But it's been working for me for about a decade. My greatgrandfather was a lumberjack, and they used that trick (with an harmonica). It's also pretty useful to keep track of other people when there's a lot of vegetation and you don't see each other clearly all the time. Useful, but keep in mind that trees and such make it hard to pinpoint where the sound is really coming from if you're not used to it.

My greatgranduncle would play the fiddle at camp. It wasn't just for dun, it kept the animals at bay from the food stocks.
>>
File: Musical Bear.jpg (46KB, 500x402px) Image search: [Google]
Musical Bear.jpg
46KB, 500x402px
>>819456
Here you go.
>Plays Music
>Bears inner Musician comes out
>Anon Stops playing out of Fear
>Bear Wants Money Back
>Anon Refuses
>Bear Eats Anon
>Anon Becomes Bear Appetizer
Good Day for Bear...
>>
.50 bmg. Kill the bear, and bore a hole in the tree trunk behind it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.