[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 98

File: image.jpg (134KB, 620x628px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
134KB, 620x628px
#66-"Wacky Rig General" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>810679

>New Imgur in the works!
http://imgur.com/gallery/GO7QD
>New Pastebin in the works!
http://www.pastebin.com/u/fishingandtackle

This thread is for discussion of Wacky Rigs and only Wacky Rigs.

Thanks to the anti-2D anon for making all of these OP pics. Saved me some time. I'm trying to figure out this Pastebin and Imgur bullshit so we can keep that in the OP and hopefully answer some of the more common questions with that. Stupid Imgur doesn't want to let me add new pics to existing albums, but I'm trying to figure that out. If anybody has good infographics, informative pics, or ideas for copypastas that should be on the Imgur and Pastebin, pls post them so I can add them.

Let's talk about feeshin'
>>
File: 20160521.jpg (3MB, 2236x2236px) Image search: [Google]
20160521.jpg
3MB, 2236x2236px
>>
>>810884
reminding myself to do this.
>>
had some death in my koi pond today, Not sure if it was a DO problem, or a nitrate/nitrite problem,
though on the plus side none of my bullhead died,
>>
>hard bait
Mann's baby 1 minus (baby bass)

>soft bait
Zoom mini lizard (California 420)

>topwater
Heddon Lucky 13 (baby bass)

>spinner
Strike King KVD finesse (sexy shad)
>>
Trying this tonight for some walleye or trout.... Salmon are pretty much gone in my area. Haven't heard of anyone catching some.

Anyone have any luck using slugs as bait?
I have a garden that gets fucked up from the slimy bastards. I have a few in a beer trap, wondering if I wacky rig a slug on a slip bobber, I might get a few bites from trout, bass, or maybe perch?
>>
>>812253
no even the hatchery fishwont eat slugs, and they eat anything else we throw in the ponds,
>>
So pepsi, since the mepps worked decently I'm going to try some grubs (in chartreuse no less) and a XRAP (XR-8). Just need a clear day to go fishing.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>812242
Is that Heddon Lucky 13 just one of their typical prop lures?

I have a couple tiny Heddons, and I just recently grabbed a medium sized prop one in hopes of maybe getting some peacocks but I always end up back to the Rapala Skitter Pops if I want to do topwater.

Dude at Bass Pro loves the Rapala Skitter Props and I have one big guy in firetiger but if I ever start having luck with prop stuff I may grab more of those.

>>812260
I like the PowerBait Curly Tail grubs in white. Big fan of running those on the underspins (little jig heads with a spinner blade on them). And X-Raps are just GOAT jerkbaits. The "Gold" is my favorite color, but it is more of a copper with an orange belly and orange feathers on the tail.

Pic related is the underspins. They have them at Walmarts a lot of the time. Normally they will have em in 1/16oz and 1/8oz.
>>
File: whacky.jpg (35KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
whacky.jpg
35KB, 576x768px
Anyone tried dropshotting a senko whacky rig?

Seems like it would work well.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812262
>for a picture on 4chan
Mostly that, but also because I feel guilty if I throw them back since they are so devastating to the native species. They are really bad for the ecosystems because of how they hunt and how they breed. Plus they can survive a lot of shitty water conditions that other fish can't with their primitive lungs.
>>
>>812268
I have millions of those underspins. I was looking for powerbait ones but I couldn't find any, so I just went with zoom in chart since you seemed to like the color so much. Silver looked a lot like the minnows I see running around plus there was no gold at walmart. Don't like the red tail much but we'll see how it works.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 728x814px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 728x814px
>>812270
Lots of people do that. Half the pics I see when I google "drop shot" are wacky rigs
>>
>>812268
>Is that Heddon Lucky 13 just one of their typical prop lures?

No it's a popper
>>
>>812270
Whenever I do that, they steal the bait. Plastic holds up better but i don't like the idea of a fish swallowing a plastic worm. It's practically a death sentence.
Took a weight and pushed it into the worm and cross tied it with line.
So far.... I put it on a bob or slip bobber.

Small mouth love it. I drop it in weeds and rocky areas by docks or bridges.
>>
Sup nig nogs. Why do I constantly get snagged with just a senko and a hook? It's pretty infuriating bros
>>
>>812292
You need to rig it differently or stop casting into trees. Maybe retrieve faster. Give us more info.
>How do you rig it
>Where are you casting
>How fast do you reel in
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Can't stop by Wally World without checking out the fishing section (as shitty as it is at this Walmart)

I do I into chatterbaits? I now have 2 but have never used them.

>>812288
You ever run with those little silicone rings instead of putting the hook straight through the worm? I grabbed those and the tool yesterday, seems decent.
>>
>>812301
spaking of zman their plastics are crazy, And they work great for wacky rigging because they dont tear or rip,
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812302
That's what you were saying, but I don't see Z-Man plastics around anywhere.

I did grab these yesterday. I'm wondering if the other Strike King Perfect Plastics use the same plastic.
>>
>>812307
i think that chatterbait comes with a trailer on it, seriously take it out and play with it , stretch it, even try to cut it, they just dont break
>>
>>812307
Also I wish that was a Zoom color combo that I could find lizards, brush hogs, trick worms, and all of their baits in. It looks like such a great scheme with the watermelon type color on top and chartruese on bottom.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812308
Did you see the package on that pic I posted? They use the Z-Man plastic for those.
>>
>>812310
i didnt see that shit,
neat, i like the coppertruce color aswell
have you played with the plastics tho?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812312
Not really, but I can feel them through the package. They are much more soft and stretchy than other soft plastics.

You use any Culprit baits? I like a lot of their soft plastics as far as design and color schemes but the material isn't my favorite. It is a little harder and alnost more slippery, so when using offset worm hooks, any little thing will make the end of the bait slip off the offset part. And when they get a little tear, the whole thing will rip really quickly afterward.

I will keep using some of the Culprit baits though. These little craws are great. The legs and shit are so long, it drives the fish crazy.

Zoom's soft plastic is bretty gud compared to others. Gambler uses some decent plastic as well, it is soft and stretchy like the Z-Man stuff. You should check out the Gambler paddle tails.
>>
>>812316
il give it a shot, But seriously take one of those plastics out of the bag and stretch it, Then try to cut the very end of it, only downside is you cant(really) use springlock hooks with it
>>
>>812288
>fish swallowing a plastic worm. It's practically a death sentence

Not at all

Fish have very powerful stomach acid that is able to break down almost anything they can swallow including hooks
>>
>>812301
chatterbaits aren't just a meme bait, they're awesome. like a crankbait, spinnerbait and jig all in one. works in all water conditions
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812325
Pic related. He must have just recently chomped it down.

Those soft plastics do break down. Somebody was talking shit about that, but I ended up snagging a Texas rig and some line I had lost in a lake like a week earlier, and the swimbait on there had started to break down significantly in that time. I imagine it would be completely gone in 2-3 weeks and that is in regular freshwater. In a fish's stomach, much faster. Gulp soft plastics which are often eaten break down in no time.

It might have been different with plastics back in the day, but I'm pretty sure the EPA would be all over it if these baits didn't break down fairly quick.

>>812328
Teach me how to fish them. I don't feel like watching a video.
>>
I figured out the imgur bullshit!

I guess once I make an album public like the link in the OP, I can't add pics to it. So I made a new one that is only accessible by the link and I can update it whenever.

https://m.imgur.com/a/1Xw3N

Anybody have more good infographics? I'm down to add more. Same with the pastebin, that will be the same one in the OP. Just trying to answer some of the most commonly asked questions without typing it out over multiple posts.
>>
File: image.jpg (296KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
296KB, 640x1136px
I caught him using a 4.75 inch Havoc Bottom Hopper Jrâ„¢ in juneboog
>>
>>812331
there's no wrong way to fish them, they're fool-proof. you can crank it like a crankbait, bob it off the bottom like a jig, you can burn it, etc. if it's in the water you're doing it right
>>
File: fish 1.jpg (203KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
fish 1.jpg
203KB, 600x800px
only caught two bass this afternoon.
>>
File: fish 2.jpg (121KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
fish 2.jpg
121KB, 600x800px
>>812349
>>
>>812349
what'd you catch them on - cast any frogs around those lily pads?
>>
File: panorama1.png (459KB, 1500x172px) Image search: [Google]
panorama1.png
459KB, 1500x172px
>>812352

first was on a white trick worm, second was on a white/green yum dinger.

no luck with the spinner bait or rattle traps in the channels.
>>
>>812353
nice how do you rig the trick worm? I'm guessing the thicker dinger was texas rigged
>>
File: watermelon pearl dinger.jpg (85KB, 1000x564px) Image search: [Google]
watermelon pearl dinger.jpg
85KB, 1000x564px
>>812353

pic related

>>812355

i pretty much only texas rig given how mossy the water here is. put a little split shot sinker on there if you're needing the distance or if you're plinking along the edge of of the pads i prefer no sinker.
>>
>>812298
I mean I'm totally new to fishing, so it's like first it's a swivel, then two tiny split shots, then leader line maybe a foot long and then a 2/0 hook with a senko. I retrieve pretty slowly, just kind of a slow steady reeling in. Nobody's really told me how to rig anything so it's just something I thought would work well.
>>
>>812357
>[Update] [Auto] 9
when wacy rigging a senkko i like to fish without weight, toss it out, keep your lin e tight to it, let it drop to the bottom, twitch it hard so it pops up, let it fall repeat, the bites usually come on the drop
>>
>>812357
Sweet Jesus, Joseph, and Mary. Watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA5-3sCZAoo&ab_channel=Flukemaster

Now do it, don't deviate, and start watching videos on fishing. Don't worry about your type of rod or reel for now. lrn2fish first. Try finding buddies, where about do you live?
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 630x630px
>>812357
Do a Texas rig with a bullet weight instead maybe?

I'm making progress on that imgur too, updating stuff as we speak. There is a lot of stuff about rigging soft plastics.
https://m.imgur.com/a/1Xw3N
>>
>>812365

>not putting the hook inside the worm to make it actually weedless

wat
>>
>>812361
Thanks man, sounds like good advice.

>>812363
I'll check it out, I'm in the Midwest so lots of fishing spots and I've got a few buddies. Weird part about today was I saw a few bass jumping so I just put a crankbait on with no weight and caught one in a few minutes.

>>812365
Lol yeah I actually have that picture saved on my phone. Some old lady told me if I'm using soft plastics then I HAVE to use dip bait, is that true?
>>
>>812370
>HAVE to use dip bait
Wut? Like catfish bait? Um... No.

>>812368
I run the hook just outside a lot of the time and it is never an issue unless I am running it straight through heavy weeds or lilles or there is a ton of that stringy green algae/moss shit on the bottom.
>>
>>812370
thats assuming you are wacy rigging it, The first year i started using the wacky rig i loved it, then i havent used it too much since them with most soft plastics ( moatly talking texas rigged etc you want to add twitches, and pauses to the retrieve to let the other fish catch up to it, or to catch their attention,
one i use alot is , Twitch, Pause, Twitch twitch, pause, twitch twitch twitch pause then start again with one twitch, the pauses dont have to be long just about as long as it would take for you to say it
>>
>>812370
Ah, I am also midwest. Near Iowa?

Also
>crankbait with no weight
That is the easiest way to run them and most work that way with no issue.
>>
>>812373
I don't know man honestly she just said get this so I did, it says rotten shad. I figured all fish would like it

>>812374
Been doing the Texas rig but I don't have any beads

>>812375
Yeah I'm in Iowa dude pretty uncomfortable about divulging my location
>>
>>812368
the point of the hook is inside the worm (tex posed) so therefore it is weedless.
>>
>>812380
no need for beads, just the worm or whatever, some weight maybe,
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>812380
That dip bait is for catfish. It works really well for channel cats though.

And no beads for Texas rigs like they said. It is just like that pic. Bullet weight, offset worm hook, and soft plastic bait.
>>
>>812380
It's called throw away email or simply posting your area code. I'm currently 641 though I'm going to be 515 next month. Could help you out more than watching videos will.

Also, woman sold you catfish bait. Some idiots think you should smear it over all of your other bait but that doesn't do dick all. Lastly >>812384

Hell you don't even really have to use an offset hook. I didn't for the longest time. Still caught plenty of fish just fine.
>>
>>812384
Thanks man

>>812385
Cool actually I've been wanting to get some catfish, there's so many around here. I figured bass would be easier to start with
>>
>>812388
Lol wow man we're actually really close. You have a snapchat or anything? I'd love to actually learn some shit
>>
>>812389
Catfish are pretty easy to get. Just get the dip bait rigs, tie those onto your line with some weights, and cast it out on the bottom.
>>
>>812391
I still haven't raped or abducted Miami anon. I haven't been raped or abducted while fishing with her either.
>>
>>812392
And just let is sit on the bottom or what?
>>
>>812394
Do we really know that though?
>>
>>812396
Pretty much. I like to use a somewhat heavy weight like 12" up the line and that way I can set the rod leaning with a branch or whatever and tighten the slack out of the line. Makes it really easy to see the bites when the rot tip starts bouncing.

I don't do a ton of catfish fishing (at least in the past decade and a half) so there may be a better way to do it. But channel cats feed on the bottom so you just leave the bait out there. The one anon who targets channel cats a lot says if you don't get a bite in 10-15min, pick up and move spots til you find them. Also with that bait, you want to check the bait and re-bait if needed every 15min anyway.
>>
>>812399
Idk, maybe she is lurking. Or she could be dead in my closet and you would never know.

She got some new position at work now where she works 6pm-2am a lot of days and it's hard to get her out fishing at the same time as me lately.
>>
>>812389
You should start with bass unless you already have a catfish setup. Good chance you'll snap your line going for cat of any notable size.

>>812391
Nope. But you can shoot me an email at [email protected]

>>812396
Mostly.
>>
fuk cuys now i want to go buy some shit for catfishing instead of just soaking worms and cut bait,
>>
>>812403
atleast i have $14 or so to spend at cabellas for free and il pick up a few kinds of dip bait, and some of them hooks
>>
Fuck I got skunked today for the first time in a while

On my last cast something broke me off
I hooked up and line was going out as fast as I could reel but there wasn't a lot of distance covered by whatever it was it only moved about 10yds laterally
I think it was a turtle

I'm running 6# mono currently and want to make the switch to 20# PowerPro but a 300yd spool is expensive for a poor man like myself
>>
>>812402
>unless you already have a catfish setup
Ehh, if you are just going for channel cats and have a medium weight rod with 10lb or even 8lb line, it should be fine for 95% of fish.

Flatheads or blues? No, you better have a heavier setup.
>>
>>812400
Thanks man, might have to dedicate a pole to just sit and wait for catfish. I did find some sticks some people set up today for poles, they left their kids shitty underwear in the water along with some line and a soft bait washed up. The lid to a plastic tote and a fish head, which would obviously decay. I had to cut my line once because of the snags I mentioned earlier but damn they left a lot of garbage.
>>
>>812402
Cool man I'll email you and maybe we can set something up.
>>
>>812406
Dick's always has the best price on PowerPro. They have sales on it quite a bit too. And you could get away with a 150yd or 125yd spool for ~$15 and just do 20yds of mono backing if you think you need it.

Also if you are running 6lb mono now, you may want to do 15lb braid. 15lb is pretty damn strong and you should get about the same casting, if not better than the 6lb mono.
>>
>>812403
>tie treble hook to heavy line
>put cut bait on hook
>????
>catfish supper
M8.....

>>812406
Consider that a 300 lbs spool of braid will last a damn sight longer then mono. Someone pointed out that you could use braid for like two years before considering re-spooling while you want to re-spool mono after six months, at max.

>>812407
That's why I said significant size. Once you start getting over 10 lbs I start calling it a big damn fish.

>>812409
Cool by me. Just to note, since I'm moving soon I don't know how much free time I'll have. I won't be working anymore but I do have a million other things to take care of.
>>
File: image.jpg (538KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
538KB, 1536x2048px
Been a slow summer bite last two weeks here in Michigan for me...but got this fella today who was close to 5lbs on a purple senko..
>>
>>812427
Wow, nice one man. Wouldn't mind living in Michigan one bit.
>>
>>812429
Thanks bro.. It's not too bad here but it's been pretty dam hot lately..
>>
>>812433
>pretty dam hot lately..

Bruh... The heat index was like 108 where I'm at on Friday lol.
>>
>>812427

very nice.
>>
>>812437
Yeah.. No thanks! Lol
I work outside and hate it when it's in the 90 range or worse. Especially with the humidity.
Sucks the life right of me.
>>
>>812440
Thank you sir.. That fish put up a hell of a fight.. Made the trip worth while today.
>>
>>812444
I feel that. I've been working on a ranch for the past week, so I'm outside for a good bit lol. At least it's been windy lately.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 720x540px
I added a memecaster tutorial on the pastebin. Any comments?

>>
File: koth.webm (431KB, 476x360px) Image search: [Google]
koth.webm
431KB, 476x360px
>>812427
>using anything other than a live earthworm
>>
>>812457
Hank is a texan and can't even texas rig properly. What a disgrace
>>
>>812410
I was gonna go with 20# cause on the package it says it has the same diameter as 6# mono so I figure that would be the most similar in terms of casting distance

>>812413
I know it's cheaper in the long run but when it comes down to right now it's $6 vs $40
>>
>>812457
Lel

I have essentially the same hat that Hank is rocking there
>>
>>812456

what are the benefits of baitcasters?

do they have any downsides compared to spinning reels?
>>
I feel like I'm using way too much line. I casted yesterday to look down to an empty spool besides the knot.

I bought my spool maybe three months ago.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
>>812481
>$40
Bruh, Dick's is $27.99 for 300yds of Power Pro when it is full price, plus they have sales a lot.

And since braid isn't quite as smooth as mono, if you run the exact same diameter (20lb braid instead of 6lb mono), you may lose a little casting difference. Plus that heavy of line is normally overkill.

I made that mistake when I first switchef to braid. I was running 30lb-40lb braid on spinning reels I used to run 8lb-10lb mono on. The braid isn't as smooth, so that little bit of extra friction meant a little less distance, and the 40lb braid was way stronger than I would ever need on a rod and reel that would hold 10lb mono. So I started doing 20lb braid instead of 10lb mono and 15lb braid instead of 8lb mono and would gain a bunch of casting distance with twice the strength.

15lb braid will still bend the hooks and snap rings off lighter lures before the line breaks from a snag.
>>
>>812490
I mostly want braid just so I can start to pitch into lillypads with confidence

I did the other day with my current 6# mono and I'm lucky I didn't get broken off cause I had a few fish go right into the thick of the pads and plunge pretty deep into some holes that are near the pads
Definitely required a lot of finesse on my part to get them out of there whereas with braid I could just rip them right out
>>
>>812488
How? Is the line too heavy for the reel? Is the reel underfilled?
>>
noob here, my father only has ultra light set ups and ill have to buy my own. Looking for freshwater but for pretty much everything in the water.

Can anyone recommend a build? I dont even know the price range on these things.
>>
>>812598
I put my little copypasta here

There's a list of decent spinning combos under $100 there, and then just general advice for getting into it.
>>
>>812602
appreciate it!

odd I was thinking buying your parts separately rather than a combo would be cheaper, like with computers and bikes.

Im guessing these combos dont come with line though, any buy guide on that? Or is it as simple as buying any line thats compatible with the reel
>>
>>812401
Hey Miami anon here. I've just been lurking for a while. Fuggin working a lot.
>>
>>812603
Did any of that make sense? For all around freshwater, a medium weight rod (6'6"-7') with a 3000 or 30 size reel and 8lb-10lb monofilament line will work for bluegill, crappie, other panfish up to larger bass, channel cats, medium sized carp. If you want to go for blue cats, muskie, northern pike and other really big species, you would want to go with a heavier setup but it will be difficult to fish for crappie and bass with it.

The only combos that come with line are the really cheap starter kits and the line that comes on them is garbage.

Trilene, Suffix are good. Stren is decent. Anything that isn't bargain bin if you are doing monofilament. Otherwise you could go with braid like PowerPro, it is much stronger for the same diameter so you could run 20lb braid on a reel that reccommends 8lb monofilament.

>>812604
U gotta work today?
>>
>>812606
i see, thanks.
>>
>>812603
>>812606
And you can still buy a rod and reel separate if you want. But like I mentioned in that pastebin, if you see a combo that you like, it will probably cost ~20% less than buying that same rod and reel separate. If you see a really good clearance or sale price on a reel you like, it might be worth skipping the combo since the savings on the reel will negate the savings on the combo, and then you have a bit more freedom to choose the rod you want.

Just depends what you like. But if you aren't super picky, a combo is probably the way to go.
>>
>>812616
If you want some more suggestions on either combos or good rods and reels for the money, just tell us what major retailers you have nearby (Dick's, Bass Pro, Cabela's, Gander Mtn) and how much you are trying to spend.

And then think about the braid idea. That is a good way to run a medium combo for bass and crappie but still be able to land a big catfish or northern that hits your bait.
>>
>>812606
Yup 6 to midnight.
>>
>>812631
Damn. If the sun was going down a little earlier or it wasn't so hot, I would say we try and get out there a bit before you have to work. I have the day off today.

What about next weekend? You gotta work Sat and Sun? Or even Fri after I get off work.
>>
>>812626
i have about 90$ to spend on a local sporting goods store, not a chain i think. Despite them having some stuff overpriced I got to spend this on something so it might as well be the combo. Place is called Efingers if that helps but their website isnt a shopping catalog really.

http://efingersports.com/departments/fishing/fishing.html

basically just a description of what they got inside by brand.

I can obviously spend more, but just want to dump this 90$ gift card in that store specifically.
>>
>>812634
I'll let you know once the schedule is put out
>>
>>812640
That place looks nice. Hopefully they have some good combos in that price range because you might have to spend a bit if you want to build one yourself. Sometimes those places are full of high end stuff and not a big selection of low-mid range stuff.

Ask them if they have a Pflueger President combo. It will probably run $80-$100 depending on what rod they put it on. If they don't sell it as a combo, they will probably have the reel for ~$60 and then tell them to give you a good deal on a rod to match it. Otherwise you can't go wrong with a Shimano. Sienna, Sahara, and Sedona reels are all really common and will run $30-$80 depending on what model. Any Abu Garcia, Lew's, Daiwa, Okuma, Shimano, Quantum, or Pflueger that catches your eye will probably be a solid choice.

Hopefully they have more than just Ugly Stiks in the $40-$60 price range. Ugly Stiks are fine rods but I'm not a big fan of the slow action on them when fishing with lures. For $40-$50, the Berkley Lightning Rods are nice. Around $50-$60, you could get a Fenwick Eagle or Shimano Sellus. They may have some cheaper Abu Garcia rods too which are pretty solid.

But as long as you are going to a tackle shop like that, the people should be helpful and know what they are talking about. Not like buying fron Walmart or even most Dick's. And maybe you can get them to give you a little deal if you but a rod and reel together.
>>
>>812641
>once the schedule is put out
Damn, I forgot what it was like working jobs like that.
>>
had a shitty day in the surf yesterday. no bites in 5 hours. lost a spoon and a jig head in what a spear fisherman told me was a big underwater prairie of sea grass.

fuck. do i need to start using live bait?
>>
Sitting in this chemistry class sucks

And we have an exam tomorrow so I may not be able to get out fishing this evening

Ugh
>>
>>812660
Maybe one day you will make it to be 65, retired, have a dope boat and be living off that sweet, sweet pension.
>>
>>812660
I'm stting here surrounded by 200 thousand fish maybe a quarter million
>>
File: 1463009584175.jpg (120KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
1463009584175.jpg
120KB, 500x367px
>>812665
Yup all you have to do is work 9-5 for 40 years, then when your body is broken down you can fish whenever you want for a few years until you die. Life is sweet.
>>
>>812672
Pretty much.

That's why I'm happy I don't have kids or anything now. I bust my ass all week but at least I still have a little bit of an income and not many responsibilities so I can go fishing all weekend and give no fucks about anything else.
>>
Here's a thread starter pic I found that should be used for every thread ever (sara underwood)
>>
>>812682
>>
>>812620
>rod and reel separate
That Skeet Reese carbon spinning reel rom Dicks flash sale and a lightning rod ran me $70 and I love it
>>
File: fishhead.jpg (122KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
fishhead.jpg
122KB, 333x500px
>>812682
more like finishing pic
>>
>>812640
Checked their site. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. I can't imagine they sell shit. You might pay a little more but it will be well worth it for the service.
Tell them you're a noob, tell them your budget and they'll take care of you.
>>
>>812684
You also got that Lightning Rod for dirt cheap from Walmart somehow.

>>812682
>>812683
Can't complain about that.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 362x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 362x362px
>>812685
>>
>>812644
thank pepsigod
>>812687
and yes they all seem like great guys. Got my license there.
>>
Never fished befor and I'm going on a vacation to cape cod and i would like to know if there is a small cheap rod i could use to bring on vacation with me.

I was thinking about some of those pocket rods or folding ones because i dont want to drive all that way with rods through the car lol

tldr; going on vacation to cape cod any advice?
>>
>>812768
>cape cod
Which part? it's very different...
If you are fresh water fishing those pocket,folding, toy type rods will work

They'll also work for scup which is the easiest fish to catch but little and throw back stuff.

If you are looking to shore cast, bridge, jetty fish you're going to need real stuff.

There are 300+ kettle ponds so plenty of fresh water fishing for a sandbar surrounded by ocean.
>>
>>812487

benefits:

>smooth as fuck
>ultra fast line retreival
>low profile
>looks cool as fuck

cons:

>birdnests

once you've fixed enough birdnests you'll be fine. watch some youtube vids and you're good to go.
>>
>>812768
Ehh, you normally want to go a little heavier for saltwater like Cap Cod. But I can't into saltwater so not sure what you would be catching up there.

With that said, I'm not sure you will find a telescoping rod in that size. But I would tell you to go with a 2pc, 3pc, or even 4pc rod instead of the telescoping ones.

Or just stop by a Walmart when you get there, buy one of their giant $30 setups and just leave it there when you go home.
>>
>>812774
Considering it's normal to run 12lb-20lb mono on a low-profile baitcaster, they are also quite a bit lighter than the spinning reel you would need to run the same weight line.
>>
>>812775
Dude, I'll help him if he wants. I literally live in the heart of Cape. 8 mins to harbor, 8 mins to sound. About to go yak in harbor for a bit.

Walmart, believe it or not, nope, closest is 40 minutes either south or north. The one in Plymouth has a Dicks net to it.
Kmart we got. <-- best bet locally for full set up
Little bait shops we got
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>get to lake
>20mph winds as always
>coming from east as always
>bout to go set up on the east shore so I can actually cast finesse stuff
>sun setting in the west so I will have a migraine in 20min
>>
>>812788
sunglasses?

And if you dont go when its setting you can just wear some big hat to shade yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Big snek

>>812799
When it's setting just over the horizon, it is still rough with sunglasses
>>
>>812772
>>812775
thanks for the advice i do have legit rods that are probably good for fishing off a dock i might just man up and bring them with me
>>
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>812820
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812829
>and the pic we are waiting for...

I tried some new spots. These little canals in the back of businesses that are probably shit for bass but the sneks can take over. Mepp #4, I had a lot of smaller bites that were probably younger sneks, I'm thinkin about coming back another day with a #2 and going for those. Super fucking windy today.

The skull was so thick on this guy, I got the knoife started with my hand and had to step on the handle to finish it.
>>
File: sunglasses.gif (1MB, 405x280px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.gif
1MB, 405x280px
>>812820
>>
>>812833

what exactly do you do with those snakeheads?

are you just supposed to kill em and leave them out to rot since they're invasive?

ontario fishing guidelines basically say to destroy the fish using any means possible or some shit
>>
File: Cape_Cod_Landsat_7a.jpg (1MB, 2418x2145px) Image search: [Google]
Cape_Cod_Landsat_7a.jpg
1MB, 2418x2145px
>>812824
reach out if you want. I'm in pretty much every one of these threads.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812835
>MEPPS

Everybody keeps telling me to go topwater and shit for them, but the Mepps never fails. If you run it anywhere nearby them, they take a shot at it.
>>
General question, do you ever get sick of just going after bass? I get the thrill but I mean don't you just get bored?
Question for Pepsi, I lurk lot and see you catching snakeheads all the time, why not capitalize and sell them to asian people, or try selling it to some restaurants as a delicatess.
Also I'm looking forward to go fish for salmon soon here in Norway. Also going fishing for roach soon. Was fishing for trout yesterday and didn't get shit.
>>
>>812836
Ontario guidelines for snakeheads?

I will clunk them on the head real good if there is a big rock or glass bottle nearby, and then pop the knife through their brain or spinal cord deal. Sometimes I throw them back but that guy I left in these bushes and tall grass. It will get torn apart by birds, raccoons, stray cats, and bugs within a day or two.
>>
>>812672
7-330
fish almost every day after work
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812841
I have largemouth bass, peacock bass, Mayan cichlids, bluegill, and snakeheads that will all hit lures in my area. I could go for catfish and carp if I want to soak bait but that's kinda boring to me.

I do need to get into saltwater, but I never really get tired of largemouth. There are different techniques for different seasons and you never know when a 5lb+ fish is gonna bite.

And as far as selling the sneks, I'm too lazy. I guess if I started targeting only snakeheads, I could try and make somr money. But I would have to find a place to buy them, bring a cooler with ice, catch them, and then bring them to said restaurant. And the snakeheads are still only in a fairly small area around here, so 2/3 of the time the lakes I'm fishing don't even have sneks.
>>
>>812835
the reaction image was for the sunglasses post

>just wear two
>>
>>812849
dont you also need a permit to sell? Or is this common practice
>>
>>812839
im not going for another 2 months but im staying right near the bay at the bottom of that picture not far from you at all i may give a shoutout in the thread
>>
>>812854
I'm surprised fishermen are allowed to sell them in the US, and restaurants are allowed to serve them. They are basically satan as far as the US government is concerned. They are very, very (times infinity) bad for US waters.

Selling them or serving them could be seen as promoting them IMO. We should just work on killing them all on the spot and be done with it.
>>
>>812857

this.

it's the american way.

or at least it used to be.
>>
File: fish-mask.png (618KB, 507x719px) Image search: [Google]
fish-mask.png
618KB, 507x719px
>>812857
guide on targeting snake heads?

I want to do my part
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812854
>>812857
I'm not sure about the permit. Especially for fish & seafood, I could definitely see them wanting some sort of certification. It's not like we're in rural Alaska. It would probably have to be under the table.

And transporting them alive is big trouble if you were to get caught somehow. But I'm sure if I had a cooler full of sneks on ice, it wouldn't be a big deal.
>>
>>812863
That pic is creepy.

And where do you live? As far as I know, there are only really established populations 2 places in the US. There is the Northern Snakehead in the Chesapeake Bay area of Maryland and those tributaries. And then the Bullseye Snakehead in SE Florida.

There is some anon from Malaysia where they are native, and he uses these little topwater frogs. They are sport fish over there. People reccommend topwater stuff for fishing them in the US, but I have the best luck using inline spinners like Rooster Tails and Mepps. I got a nice sized one on a regular spinnerbait and I have hooked them on Texas rigs and jerkbaits too but inline spinners by far work the best for me.

They like still water and weed beds. A lot of the good spots, there are patchy areas of grass underwater and when I run a Mepps right over them, the sneks will shoot out and hit it.
>>
>>812866
Pepsi is black?? :O
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 429x717px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 429x717px
>bassfags will NEVER know what it's like to fight a real fish
>bassfags will NEVER burn out their drag washers in a single fishing trip
>bassfags will NEVER experience a 30 minute tug of war battle with a powerful creature
>>
>>812870
im in the middle of NJ, yet my fishing catalog list them as an invasive species and marks them for death.
>>
>>812849
Now I get it, there is nothing else to fish there.
>>
>>812875
Nice original pic.

Btw, since I'm finally figuring out this imgur bullshit, would you guys want to start an album for "/out/'s best catches"? I could start a new thread for it and we could put names with the pics too if people want something more than "anon"
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 425x302px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 425x302px
>>812876
Hmm, maybe you can find some Northern Snakeheads if you find the right waterways.

>>812877
Nice bait.
>>
>>812878
On my phone pham, don't have any pics of my king on it. Bass fishing is for relaxation not fun.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812882
>no pics on the phone
You don't get out fishing enough
>>
>>812881
from the nj catalog
>Bowfin are native species, actually dating back 250 million years and should
be released unharmed. However, snakeheads are invasive and should be
destroyed and submitted to the Division of Fish and Wildlife for verification.
Snakeheads have recently been found in the lower Delaware River and
some of its tributaries.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 599x530px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 599x530px
>>812885
Go get em then. They fight good too.

This pic shows the northern snakehead that they have in the NE, so make sure you can tell the difference. The shape of the head is the easiest way to tell, but the northern sneks have a more similar color to bowfin compared to the bullseyes we have here.
>>
>>812885
>>812888
Also, not sure if it is the same with the Northern Snakeheads, but I always have the best luck with the Bullseyes when it is really warm. Which is nice because they are a fun alternative when it is too hot for the largemouth. I get them in the afternoon and early evening because that is when I fish most of the time, so I don't think you need to worry about getting out super early in the AM to fish for them.

Also, they get spooked easily. So if you are fishing from shore, don't go stomping around. You will know when you find a waterway with them because you will walk past a grassy area or weeds and when theh feel your footsteps they go darting into shallow water and make a bit of a splash.
>>
>>812856
Could be a good time for stripers. Getting towards fall the bite can get good.
>>
>>812881
Not baiting, just I get it now. I am in Norway and there is more diversity here, in a radius of 2km I can fish for: roach, trout, pike, sea trout, salmon, cod, pollock, halibut and that is just the main species.
To me all of those bass fishes seem similar largemouth small mouth etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (525KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
525KB, 1000x1333px
>>812904
Idk, I could go a couple blocks in the opposite direction and catch some interesting stuff in the ocean. But there's a reason bass fishing is so popular. The variety of baits and techniques and being able to use lures all the time instead of watching a bobber is kinda nice.

I do need to figure out this saltwater stuff one day.
>>
>>812874

that's what i said, holy shit wattt????
>>
>>812909

then i remembered that he's white. my bad.

>but inside he's really a nigger
>>
File: drank.jpg (37KB, 275x527px) Image search: [Google]
drank.jpg
37KB, 275x527px
>>812910
oh puhlease. pepsi so black (how black is he?) pepsi so black we should just call him "purple drank"
>>
>>812915
That stuff is retarded. You might as well go get some of those OTC "all natural" sleep aids. It is just chamomile and valerian root n stuff.

And regular lean is mediocre, it's all about Tussionex, the stuff from the Three 6 Mafia song.
>>
>>812918
i haven't ever been able to find it up here in new england actually. and i just use pic related when i have to slow my roll

if it isn't doxylamine succinate it isn't worth it imho
>>
File: 51iT6yEg1IL.jpg (41KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
51iT6yEg1IL.jpg
41KB, 500x490px
>>812919
pic related is pic related
>>
>>812884
lol what a shit bass
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Nice anybody else wacky rig worms on a jighead?

This is a yum dinger wacky rigged on an 8th oz jighead
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812931
I got a million. Still fun to catch.
>>
>>812841
>do you ever get sick of just going after bass

Nah not really. They fight really well most of the time and it's a lot more engaging to actually work lures and stuff, rather than throw out some bait and wait for a bit. Sometimes I do like to just chill by the water and throw out some worms/dip bait and see what I get though.
>>
File: 20160608_125517.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160608_125517.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
My new surf and pier set up, wew
>>
>practicing casting in backyard with dad's rods
>get casting down fairly accurate
>the real lesson (or should i say reel lesson huehue) is me figuring out how to prevent tangling in the spool
>learned how to fix by unraveling it out with bail down and then reeling it back in taught
>later the damn line gets caught underneath the spinning reel
>like its inside the damn mechanism that bobs the spool up and down
>end up cutting it off

Any advice on this part?

Also turns out my dad has MEPPS
>>
File: image.jpg (641KB, 1100x2026px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
641KB, 1100x2026px
My LTB came with some drop shot hooks. Kinda fitting with all the drop shot talk going on lately.
>>
>>812947
Fucking iPhone, just typed a long ass response and it got erased.

Bottom line, try to keep a little bit of pressure on the line, just enough so it is straight while you are reeling it in. If there is a ton of slack in the line, you will reel up whole loops and knots and can get it caught around the rotor and a bunch of bullshit.

Spinning reels are easy though. It won't take long to figure it out.
>>
my job is honestly the best, plus gr8 hours
>>
>>812957
i know how it feels trying to make big post on a phone.
Yea i noticed from a few videos on youtube the line needs to be kept taught.
Im just so damn surprised it got into my spool mechanics; NotLikeThis

I just need new line on my dad's pole, turns out he has a nice penn 4400 ss on what it seems to be a 7 foot pole.

Ill probably take it to some local ponds and stuff first
>>
>>812963
Old monofilament line will definitely fuck with you too because of the loops. You want to change mono after a year MAX. If you use it quite a bit, change it more frequently. Also storing mono in the sunlight is bad, dem UV rays will make it get brittle pretty fast.
>>
File: $_35.jpg (9KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
$_35.jpg
9KB, 300x225px
>>812253
you need to switch to these snaps. You will loose less fish them.
>>
>>812972
I've never lost a fish on the kind he's using nor has anyone I fish with
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>812975
There is some truth to it, but if you are just doing freshwater and a regular snap swivel fails while a fish is on, it was probably failing long before and you were too lazy and cheap to inspect it and replace it.

I'm starting to like the ones that are made out of one piece of wire. On the regular ones, that little plate can come loose and slide around, leading to the line or hook falling right out. Luckily I have never actually lost a fish because of that, I always notice it before and throw the snap swivel into the trash.
>>
>>812915
>>812918

i have had a can of this in my fridge for like two years now.

i was buying some shit in a dollar store when some niggers sold me this on the cheap out of a van.

it's just been a conversation piece ever since.

>mfw i never want to sleep so i haven't drank it yet
>>
File: SMELLSMUSKY.jpg (241KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
SMELLSMUSKY.jpg
241KB, 960x720px
>>812301
i love chatterbaits in really woody cover. They seem to be almost unsnaggable with short casts.
>>812840
I love mepps for musky and smallmouth. Now i need to try them for the Northern Snakeheads we have around here.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>812990
Mepps are the GOATest for the sneks here. I have one rocky spot where smaller 8"-10" sneks like to hide in the rocks. I will cast a smaller #1 or #2 and run it parallel to the rocks like 3' or 4' out and they come zooming out of there to check it out and take a shot at it.
>>
File: FirstMuskyever.jpg (110KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
FirstMuskyever.jpg
110KB, 1024x731px
>>812996
I know of a couple spots I can fish from shore that have northern snakehead. They seem to be very neutral and I've only gotten a strike from a chatterbait (which I broke off) and a follow with a weedless lizard. Do you use a leader for them?
>>
>>812957

that's what you get for using an iphone

don't even bother, there is no excuse.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>813001
Never really used a leader. I'm normally getting them in fairly clear water. Sometimes if they are being picky and just want to check it out without getting a good bite, I will zoom it past them faster and that will get the job done. I think the blades might just be getting a reaction strike but goddamn does it work.

Like I said, I have hit them on other stuff a couple times but nothing compares to a good ol' Mepps. If the bass aren't biting in those bodies of water where I know there are sneks, I tie on an inline and start running it just above underwater grass and there's a good chance I will get one. But they also spook easy so you have to creep up on the spots.
>>
>offset hook
>extra wide gap offset hook

Which is better for texas rigging a senko style worm? Obviously the EWG will be a less realistic presentation, as it sticks out so far. I've been using them but am curios to know the benefits of the plain old offset worm hooks, because I know they have benefits.
>>
>>812833>>812829
>>812824

Nice senks I wish I could fish them but not really at all
>>
File: spro_IMG_0708.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
spro_IMG_0708.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>812972
>>812975
>>812982
GOAT
>>
File: IMG_0751.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0751.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813023
or these, I know I post these all the time but I since I've found them I would never go back or salt fishing.
>>
>>813025
>or salt fishing
FOR salt fishing..... ucking eff key sticks
>>
File: index.jpg (29KB, 355x473px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
29KB, 355x473px
Hey Fishermen,

Fuckup NJ anon here. I am going fishing again tomorrow. (If nice weather holds up)

Same shallowish pond with lots of green plants sticking up out of it.

I finally got a worm fishing variety pack from yum. Came with some wormhooks and I have bullet weights. 40 plastic lures. (Plastic tailed worms and what are aparently called Dingers)

I have one of the size 3/0 hooks rigged up on my line with a bullet weight and ill probably stick a blue curly worm on it tomorrow at the pond.

I was curious if anyone could give me a TLDR version of how to fish this texas rig? I have watched a few videos but most seem to assume you are on a boat or know what you are doing.

I will also be attempting to catch some bluegills/sunfish if I get bored with leftover bbq hotdog cut up. (Splitshot and bobber)

My worry is I won't catch a single bass and have a shit time so I figure this will be fun way to close things out.

Please help me catch a bass.

Pic related it's where I normally have been fishing. The water is extremely cloudy.
>>
>>813018
Flip a coin.

I like the EWG's for most stuff as they seem to line up better when weedless rigging them but not a huge difference. The regular one will kinda blow if you try and use them for flukes or some creature baits.

The one thing I like about the regular ones is they are a little longer than an EWG of the same size so the barb will be a bit further down the worm.
>>
>>813046
Cast it out, let it sink to the bottom, give it littlw hops along the bottom with pauses of a second or two in between. Try and keep the line somewhat tight in between hops so you can feel bites.

When you feel a bite, don't set the hook right away. Give the fish a second to pick up the whole worm and then set it and reel the thing in.

At least that's how I do it.

If you have lots of weed beds close to shore, with the summer heat I have been having luck at dusk and I will cast out as far as possible past the weed beds. I will just hop it along real slow until I am just at the edge of the weed bed and if I don't get a hit by then, reel the rest of it back fast over the top of the weeds so it doesn't get all caught up. I get a lot of bites just outside the weeds at dusk from bass coming up from deep water.
>>
>>813054
Are you talking about casting into that green stuff far in distance? If I remember right there are a bunch of greenish weeds near shore (like seaweed looking shit) on either side of this. This is a damn pictured there is a pipe that is venting water directly forward of the position im at.
>>
>>813049
I took your advice and got some YUM Dingers at Walmart instead of Yamamoto Senkos

>cheaper
>same size
>same action

The little slit in the side is awesome, don't have to texpose when the hook point is recessed in the slit. And the top of the head is a little concave to welcome a hole poke. They seen way more durable than Yamamoto's too. I think they even have salt in them like the Yamamoto's do. Pretty sweet
>>
>>813061
also was gonna say it's crazy how hard it is to find them online. Both Amazon and Tackle Warehouse have sold out many of the colors, and my Walmart only has like 2 colors available so I'm outta luck for variety.
>>
File: ricky-pants_off.jpg (52KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
ricky-pants_off.jpg
52KB, 500x379px
>>813061
>>813062

I finally found them on BassPro's website and the shipping is literally more than the product. What in the fuck! What a racket. Especially since gas prices are cheaper than ever. I guess it's cheaper than driving 150 miles to the nearest city with selection I guess. Fucks sake boys
>>
>>813088
Basspro offered free shipping with no minimum briefly during july 4 and that was the only time I bought stuff online from bass pro.

I use Dick's for online shopping because they have been offering free shipping with no minimum.

Bass pro also takes forever for their shipping while Dick's will ship within a week for me.
>>
>>812881
He looks like Hickok45's shorter fatter brother.

>i like it tho
>>
File: 20160711_154836.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160711_154836.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
It was a good day at the 'Nados, the 5 fish in the middle whooped my ass on 20#. Biggest one in the middle was around 25lbs
>>
>>813088
Pay attention to the races on Sundays

If Martin Truex Jr. wins then BPS does $1 shipping with no minimum
>>
>>813088
Yeah, you gotta wait around for promos on shipping if you don't want to pay $9 shipping on $15 worth of lures. It kinda sucks.

>>813061
Yeah paying $8+ for a bag of rubber sticks is a little much. Although I really like the Strike King Perfect Plastics and those cost a little more than most, normally like $6 so I will grab those if I like them. I'm a big fan of their swimbaits.

>>813057
Depends. Lots of my lakes have weeds that start 5'-10' out and stop 20' or so out. I try and cast over those, do a slow retrieve back right to the edge, and then pop them up over real quick so they don't get all tangled. Weed beds normally hold bait fish, so if you go just on the outside of them while bass are feeding, they will take it as an easy meal. Every lake is different though.
>>
>>813046
im a nj fishernoob too if you ever want to team up
>>
>>812774
>>
>>813236
Fuck that
>>
>>813236
st elmo's fire
>>
>>812982
Yeah I've had a few fail but it's because I saltwater fish with freshwater tackle and they just snap in half when I open them after a few trips.

Pretty easy to open/shut them a few times though and make sure they're still springy and "fresh".
>>
>>812665
>>812672
Don't forget your dick has stopped working by then and let's all be honest the major perk of owning a boat is the pussy it gets you
>>
Get email that LTB shipped yesterday, it's here. Get email on Friday that MTB shipped, still nothing...
Not really a big deal since I haven't fished fresh in months now.
>>
>>813303
Same with me
>>
File: helliamg.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
helliamg.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
>>813292
>rotting 65+ year old pussy

Gross, no thanks. By then I'll be living in a virtual reality world anyways, complete with hot digital babes that are indistinguishable from real life
>>
do you guys have much luck with bass in the middle of the summer day? I usually fish in the evening but tried about 4pm yesterday and got nothing. Didn't even see a fish
>>
>>812206
Pokemon Go...
Fuck Pokemon Go.
All those fucking autists are humping the trees at my lake because they are "memorial" trees, and thus poke stop bullshit.
Then they get bored and start tossing stones at the fish they see swimming along the shore.
At least one of those fucks fell in.
>>
>>813315
>>813324
Fuck...

Pretty much no. Sometimes sone small 10" largemouth will be cruising close to shore and I can entice them with a Finesse Worm. But most summer days it isn't even worth trying for largemouth before 5pm unless you can catcj a weather ftont and pressure change that gets them active.
>>
>>813325
>>813325

I've read that because warm water holds less oxygen than cold water, summer fish will always be where the water is cooler, so they can breathe better. This is usually in a creek channel with a current that flows into the lake.

But what if a lake doesn't have any channels like that? My lake is full past normal height, but all the run off paths into the lake are dry unless it's raining. So where the fuck are all the fish? They must be deep in the middle of the lake during the day, and then swim a long ways to get to the shallows in the evening so they can eat bait fish? Dunno, that's a lot of traveling every day.
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>813342
I think the oxygen is part of it and the other part is fish being cold blooded. Somebody mentioned that it gets hot and their metabolism speeds up so they burn a lot more energy when doing any activity so they stay deep in cooler water and wait for really easy meals. That's why it is hard to hit the bass on spinners and crank baits but they will go for slow worms and creature baits.

Even if you can find them down in a channel or wherever, you probably have to get the right bait with a perfect presentation and run it right past them.'

With all that being said, I have been hitting most of my decent sized bass in the summer right around dusk. A lot of time I put 1/2oz on the memecaster and launch it out deep to get to them. Otherwise I will hit them on the deep side of a drop off, often drop offs just past shallow weed beds.
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 540x540px
Got a MTB email about pic related, and I have seen them before and they look like they could do work for bass but I have mixed opinions on them.

They definitely aren't a summer lure, but I guess umbrella rigs were actually banned from tournanents. They look like they would be better to troll than fish from shore. I guss the average bass one is 3oz+ and they reccommend 65lb braid.

Anybody ever use one? That would be a sweet saltwater lure but this email was about bass. I think I would rather just use a spinnerbait but I could see rigging an umbrella up with a bunch of jigheads and Gulp curly tail minnows and get tons of bites.
>>
>>813390
i've personally never used one and its probably because there is a stigma that if you use one you're essentially a faggot, still not sure why though.
>>
>>813312
Umm I was talking about young pussy ok sweetie x
>>
>>813401
It does seem like when you get to a certain point, you are just kinda a tryhard. But I don't know if I'm the right person to say that with my tackle collection.

For winning the AssMasters competition, it looks cool but fishing those rigs from shore at a little lake is a bit much. Looks cool for saltwater trolling.
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 1920x1080px
>>813405
>AssMasters

now you talkin my language peps
>>
File: wutadink2.jpg (518KB, 2579x979px) Image search: [Google]
wutadink2.jpg
518KB, 2579x979px
I hate summer fishing. All my local ponds are either over fished, have no usable shoreline, or are so choked with weeds and lily pads that I can barely throw anything other than a frog. I miss my spring fishing. Pic related dump inc
>>
File: wutadink.jpg (719KB, 1473x2645px) Image search: [Google]
wutadink.jpg
719KB, 1473x2645px
>>813409
>>
File: afish.jpg (417KB, 1069x2421px) Image search: [Google]
afish.jpg
417KB, 1069x2421px
>>813411
>>
>>813390
I always thought that the wire might scare away the fish.
>>
File: afish2.jpg (689KB, 1029x2613px) Image search: [Google]
afish2.jpg
689KB, 1029x2613px
>>813413
>>
File: Squeeker.jpg (1MB, 1489x4409px) Image search: [Google]
Squeeker.jpg
1MB, 1489x4409px
>>813415
>>
File: carp.jpg (184KB, 573x1227px) Image search: [Google]
carp.jpg
184KB, 573x1227px
>>813418
>>
File: carp2.jpg (94KB, 901x378px) Image search: [Google]
carp2.jpg
94KB, 901x378px
>>813419
>>
File: carp3.jpg (227KB, 515x1279px) Image search: [Google]
carp3.jpg
227KB, 515x1279px
>>813422
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
>>813414
Idk why that didn't post before, but anyway bass don't give a fuck once they get fixated on the spinner blades and shit.

>>813409
Git gud.

>>813422
That one is so damn white.

The rest have some nice color, I rarely get that dark line on the largemouth down here. A lot of them will be almost black on the top like pic related.
>>
>>813430
I don't know why that one fish is so white. All those pics are from the same pond, and all those fish were caught barely 10 ft off the shore at the edge of a thick grass line.

And it's not that I don't catch fish during the summer...it's just a pain in the ass. The majority of the ponds within 10-15 minutes of me are all forest preserve ponds. I know they have fish 5 lbs and up, but it's impossible to get to them during the day without a kayak/boat. Anything near the shoreline is almost not worth catching
>>
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>813434
Yeah that's the thing, you aren't going to get too many bass like that 10ft from shore in the summer. It is possible though. And Texas rigs are fun.

At least I can go fuck around with the peacocks and snakeheads if I get too frustrated with the bass. The past two weeks it was really warm and I didn't even have the energy to stay out til sunset most days. It cooled off a bit today though and it just got cloudy so I kinda want to go out right now but I think I'm going to eat pizza rolls and lay on my couch instead.
>>
>>813439
I throw almost exclusively texas rigs. I have to stick to frogs or a heavy punching setup because grass and lily pads are so abundant in my ponds.

Sometimes, if I'm really feeling frisky, I throw a heavy duty drop shot texas rig for shits and giggles.
>>
>>813236
>be 5yo
>big brother takes me out
>all he has are baitcasters
>never held a pole before
>pic related the entire time
>get yelled at constantly about it

Thanks bro. You should have just given me a fucking cane pole and some stripbait to jig.
>>
File: 61nSyHFeCsL._SL1000_.jpg (75KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61nSyHFeCsL._SL1000_.jpg
75KB, 1000x1000px
to the people who fish from the shore - do you ever use a tackle bag like this? made from backpack like material.

they have some at walmart for like 10 bucks and they can fit 2 or 3 of those plano tackle boxes. thought about getting one but not sure yet
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813483
As opposed to a hard box? Tackle bags are way better. Easier to carry, more versatile, keep little shit organized better, and no threat of the whole thing popping open while you carry it.

I need to get a smaller one eventually. I have been talking about it for months but just keep cramming more shit into my current bag and it is too heavy lakes where I have to walk a distance.
>>
File: worried.png (170KB, 373x400px) Image search: [Google]
worried.png
170KB, 373x400px
>>813486
>using pole guides to hold the hooks in storage

that's not the proper way to store your rods, you'll damage the guides!
>>
>>813488
Yeah people have bitched about that before but I haven't had any problems yet so I probably won't stop doing it.
>>
File: sweat.png (57KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
sweat.png
57KB, 256x256px
>>813491
>mfw those sharp hooks make indents in your guide that aren't obvious to the naked eye
>slowly cuts up your line, weakening it
>hook a lunker
>line snaps
>your soul dies
>have to throw rod away because it's now unusable
>>
>>813495
Still smooth AF

I think that shit is an old wive's tale
>>
File: FishingInTheCold.jpg (507KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
FishingInTheCold.jpg
507KB, 1080x1920px
>>813483
>>813486
I use an actual back pack when I fish for bass. I usually pack two clear tackle boxes in it that I organise the night before. It has plenty of room for tools, scale, measuring tape, firstaid, water, snacks and lots packages of soft baits.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 840x440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 840x440px
>>813509
I have been thinking about the tackle backpack but I'm still set on that tiny Gander Mtn bag that just holds a couple small boxes.

I bought pic related for my brother and it's nice. That bottom pocket on the front holds up to 4 3600 boxes and then the main compartment on the top of the bag still has a ton of room for whatever you want to throw in it. The big compartment is lines with some shit like a soft sided cooler so hooks won't get stuck in it.
Plus it has a bunch of other real practical pockets and pouches for fishing.

Too bad I can't get him out fishing as much but he has other shit to do with school. I bought him so much fishing stuff and gave him 3 rods all spooled up with fresh braid.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>813523
Oh, and now in addition to lugging around that 3700 sized bag, I also carry that little cooler that fits all my soft plastics. I was thinking about getting a bait binder but it seems like a pain in the ass with all those pages and taking 3 or 4 of each bait out of their bag and sliding it in the page. That little cooler is like the perfect size for them though, only problem is that thing is kinda heavy now.
>>
>>813046

>The water is extremely cloudy.

white. trick. worms.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813533
I should grab some of those one day. I just recently started messing around with those longer Trick Worms and have had luck with the limetruese some places and sprayed grass at others. Almost bought a pack of the bummblegum when I was at Bass Pro on Saturday, but I'm glad I didn't because I got home and realized I had already bought that color a week or two earlier.

This shit is getting out of hand. With it being so hot in the day, I end up making lists and shopping just to kill time until dusk.
>>
>>812206
Jesus fucking Christ. I thought what people liekd about fishing was the solitude, the silence, etc. Just what in the fuck could you faggots possibly talk about that you are burning through a thread a day? Christ on a goddamned bike.
>>
>>813550
feesh
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>813550
Umbrella rigs and anon who dumped like 10 pics of bass. I also took the day off work yesterday.
>>
Who uses waders? Picked up a pair for 12$ at a thrift shop, no visible holes or scratches so if it leaks I'll fix with something.

First it has no straps for your shoulders. So can anyone recommend a way to suspend them? Might use paracord.

noob looking for a word on waders.
>>
File: image.jpg (197KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197KB, 640x1136px
>>
File: fishing.jpg (579KB, 1100x784px) Image search: [Google]
fishing.jpg
579KB, 1100x784px
What bait are they using?
>>
>66 threads in
>peps still hasn't made a single cast into the ocean

JUST
>>
>>813614
I have gone a couple times in the past. The one time at the pier I got bored and just started hooking these little 4" baitfish. I was real close to going like a week ago when it was getting too dark for bass fishin but then I went home and slept.

I just gotta figure out a nice, quiet spot that actually has the potential for producing fish. I like going to the Lighthouse Point inlet but there are always people there. I may have to get out at like 5am.
>>
>>813620
Stop getting trolled

If you prefer bass fishing you prefer bass fishing don't make any excuses about it
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813626
I might prefer saltwater if I could have success fishing with lures and found a quiet spot. I just fear change. And the amount of money I will spend if I really like saltwater.

>tfw didn't go fishin' today because I wanted to pass out early
>almost 10pm and I'm still up
>>
File: snook.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
snook.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813631
Not the other guy but I've caught more saltwater fish on lures than live or cut bait. The only fish you'll have trouble using lures on are croakers, sand perch and other small fish.
>>
>>813631
>And the amount of money I will spend if I really like saltwater.

All of your bass gear will work, even the combo if you plan on not fishing near structure.
>soft plastic swimbaits
>x-raps
>rat-l-traps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-lHKGxCzPs
>>
Snook swim SUPER close to the shore in the mornings btw. Like literally 5 feet away.
>>
>>812206
I don't know how to use my fishing rod, I cant seem to get it to reel in and if it does start reeling in it goes everywhere, I dragged the line under the bail and it still wouldn't reel in... pls help!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXjLX3GgKI
>freshies will never get spooled
>>
File: tumblr_o82oyy6S1X1s97etwo1_1280.jpg (189KB, 1080x943px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o82oyy6S1X1s97etwo1_1280.jpg
189KB, 1080x943px
>shore fishing a large lake
>texas rigged senko
>totally weedless
>get snagged up beyond recovery about once per trip

Such bs. Trying to get it unsnagged I walk 50 yards up and down the shore both ways, and even get into the water, and nothing works. I can only guess it's getting between rocks or ledges because there's a lot of boulders around the shorelines.

If I had a boat I'm sure it'd be way easier to get unstuck, because I could troll around the other side of it. How often do you guys get snagged while shore fishing?
>>
>>813591
thanks for the heads up
>>
>>813509

where's the catfish head photo that you guys use for these?

i needs that.
>>
>>813536

limetreuse is my 2nd fav, then merthiolate.

if white doesn't work i just work my way down the ladder. used to get yellows but i haven't seen them in a while, will get some from ass pro next time i'm there.
>>
File: image.jpg (923KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
923KB, 3264x2448px
>>813488
>>813495
>>813491
>>
>>813689
atleast once per trip to the point of it being unrecoverable, but usually more.
>>
>>813585
Hatcheryanon told me to get some cabela's neoprene waders but im a small guy and they were out of stock when i wanted to buy them

Now i just go for a swim if i get a snag
>>
>>813725
I always fish in my swimming trunks, so getting in the water for a snag is almost fun
>>
Miserable day of fishing today

I lipped my first fish and he thrashed around out of my hand and took the last of my slider head hooks with him
Only explanation is a bad knot on my part which as a veteran angler I find to be embarrassing

So then I went with a Texas rigged lizard
First cast I put into a sunken tree and the line breaks off trying to free it

On goes another Texas rigged lizard and I go over to the thick of the lillypads
Hook up a big bass first cast in the lillypads but as I get him within landing distance he dives deep into a hole and I can't effectively fight him out of it because the rod is doubled over and no line is going out as he was essentially under me

Definitely need to get my confidence back next time I go out which will either be tomorrow or the next day
>>
File: 10487240.jpg (1MB, 1031x1626px) Image search: [Google]
10487240.jpg
1MB, 1031x1626px
My friend and i are going to have a fishing competition just using what we get in MTB. I think my chances of winning are good.

Also post your MTB/LTB when you get it.
>>
>>813765
Those crawdads should do some good work this time of year
>>
>>813765
I'm diggin those Gambler baits. I like the plastic they use. That company is based like a block away from my work.

I especially like the swimbaits
>>
I think you guys probably like these baits more than the fish do.
>>
So do you guys just lose lures overtime due to snags?

How do you guys deal with them?

How much money can I make scuba diving for lures stuck in lake wood and stuff. Does it ever wash up on shore?
>>
>>813867
Get snagged
Get frustrated
Keep buying more baits

Hard baits do somewhat well underwater but soft plastics get nasty and shitty pretty quick,
Hooks rust and colors fade
Probably not worth much to anyone unless it's specific bait they most and loved or some shit,

I probably wouldn't ever pay anything for shit that was snagged, but I do go and find them myself
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>813859
Probably.

>>813867
Snags happen. It's not the end of the world but gets annoying when you lose 3 or 4 lures in one session even when you are trying to be careful. I have some spots with rocky drop-offs that love to eat up Texas rigs and it is impossible to get the rig loose. But that's not as bad as losing $10 Rapalas and $7 Mepps all the timr. My one lake has so many of my Mepps snagged in random spots.

You could try and go diving for lures, but like Hatchery Anon said, they rust and fade so it would have to be a really recent snag to get anything nice.

I thought about putting some chicken wire weighted down with bricks in some of these popular spots. It would piss people off and maybe they would avoud the spot but I would know exactly whete it is and avoid it. Plus if I could get to it, I could get a ton of free lures.
>>
>>813867
>be me
>have friend with canoe
>grandma's property butts up to 10,000 acre lake
>drag canoe to lake because 17 years old and bored
>stay close to shore because 30 ft long 100mph boats and canoes don't mix
>check out cove
>feeshin.avi
>see bobber in shallow area
>freebobber.gif
>about 15 more bobbers there too
>10+ crankbaits
>check more coves
>free tackle mania ensues
>idea.dll
>sell majority of cranks and bobbers to bait shop who sells them for dirt cheap
>bait shop owner ecstatic
>we each made about 40 bucks
>go back to shop for some minnows a week later
>bait shop owner wants more
>muh small business
>bait shop owner greedy, wants more NOW
>cannot keep up with demand
>becomes a full time job of sorts
>still cannot keep up with demand

We both made a few hundred bucks for doing something we enjoyed. About 20 years later I still have more crankbaits that I know what to do with, still have some of the bobbers and jigs we rescued from trees too.
>>
>>813902
So basically lures and stuff just wash up on shores and like coves that are hard to reach by foot?

The tree thing sounds weird, you think THAT many just got stuck from bad cast?
>>
>>813906
The lake doesn't have any privately owned waterfront property. To reach shore you either have to go to an access area/boat launch or cross private property then overgrown government property. All shoreline has to be reached by foot and there's something like 4500 miles of shore. You can't walk from one side of the cove to the other due to the pea soup consistency of mud where creeks enter the lake. Take all that info and complicate the matter with 6 inch deep water that only canoes/kayaks can maneuver. That's where the tackle piles up. Where almost no one could reach besides us.

I'd guess we collected over 300 bobbers and 200ish crankbaits over the course of a month and a half. We kept more than we could use and sold the rest. We found maybe 20-30 tree hung jigs but we kept all those.
>>
>>813902
>>813906
>>813911

dude even this accessible shallow river i go to, ive picked up maybe four or five bobbers and can see quite a few stuck in trees

you severely underestimate dad fishermen and googans
>>
I'll probably do some lure hunting myself then, just for my own gain, cause i do have some good waders

any tips? the place im going to is real amateur, in a kind way, it's just a reservoir that is fished often tho.

It has a damn on the other side of it, and ive actually been down where the water runs down past it and didnt see any lures if i recall correctly
>>
File: FYJKUtAh.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
FYJKUtAh.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
So is this a bluegill or some sort of other sunfish?

I can honestly not tell the difference, I just call everything that's green and has a spot near its gills a bluegill.
>>
>>813919
Longear sunfish maybe
>>
File: photo.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
any one ever ordered from tackle warehouse ? i just spent about $100 on stuff ive never really used before until 2 weekends ago: pretty much only had rapala cranks /mepps spinners and a some worm hooks... literally no plastics !!
>
> grubs /senkos /flukes /craws
> jigs /weighted hooks /weedless rigs
>
> i bought a shit tonne
>>
>>813950
Tackle Warehouse is my #1 go to shop. The only time I don't use them is if I need something ASAP
>>
>>813689
>texas rigged snagged on submerged log
>30 lb braid with 3/0 EWG
>set drag to highest setting
>pull that shit while walking straight back
>comes unsnagged
>hook bent but lost nothing
>bend hook back and keep fishing
>>
>>813969
was it a light wire or heavy wire hook? Heavy wires are really, really hard to bend
>>
>>813977
light wire. If i'm using a heavy wire hook i'm going to be using 50 lb+ braid
>>
>>813950
>>813968

I'd use them if they offered reasonable shipping prices. They've adopted Amazon's "you have to buy at least $50 worth of stuff or else you're paying outrageous shipping" crap

Tried to buy $9 worth of plastics and the shipping was around $9. 100% shipping costs, bunch of crap.
>>
Are collapsible poles a meme? Amazon is full of them and I haven't went fishing since I was 8.
>>
>>813981
Two piece rods will catch you fish, but they don't have the durability or sensitivity of single piece rods. If you don't have a vehicle or place to store a 7' or longer rod without breaking it down, go with a two piece. Otherwise, I would always suggest a single piece.
>>
>>813981
And as a side note, if you're just getting back into fishing don't go crazy with how much you spend on a rod/reel combo. $200-$250 will get you a good quality combo that you can use for years. Anything more than that should be reserved for when you're getting serious about fishing
>>
>>813981
I would buy one if the price was right (<35USD) but only because I like stuff and it would be convenient to leave in my truck for the rare times I feel like fishing but don't have gear.
I doubt the rods have any real feel or action to them.
LL Bean does have a combo fly/spinning traveler set. I might look into that. It was around $100 IIRC
>>
>>813979
>>813969
Yeah you can get away with that using Eagle Claws bur not Gamakatsus.
>>
>>813985
It's mostly something to do with my dad on weekends maybe to get out of my house.

Which is why something like https://www.amazon.com/Spinning-Telescopic-Portable-Fishing-Combos/dp/B018VH9UBS/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1468429606&sr=8-11&keywords=fishing+pole
Looked really good, but I get the feeling it could collapse at the wrong time, even if I can't find negative reviews to show it.
>>
>>813987
I was using Gamakatsus
>>
>>813989
Oh. I actually didn't even know those types of rods existed. You could give it a shot. If I were you, I'd just go to my local basspro/cabelas/academy shop and get a store employee to help you pick out a halfway decent setup
>>
>>813985
>TFW I've been using a 25 dollar Warmart special for 4 years.
>>
File: 103972748293.jpg (8KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
103972748293.jpg
8KB, 209x241px
>>813795
>>813848
>friend used gambler lures
>3 bass
>I use rage blade
>0 fish

I should have listened
>>
>>813998
You can catch fish on anything. You could respool a barbie rod with braid and catch fish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdDAOtSVHg0

You generally get what you pay for though, and I think $200 is a good starting point if you're looking to get semi-serious about fishing. 99% of all your money spent on fishing will be going towards lures/line/tackle anyway
>>
>>813985
>if you're a beginner don't go crazy with money
>suggests to buy a $250 rod/reel combo

LOL. A beginner who isn't even sure if they want to fish that much should get a $30 ugly stik gx2 combo from Walmart. It's great quality for the price.

>>813986
Walmart - Ugly Stik gx2 combo. 2 piece rod, $30. 6'6" Medium Action. Go for it!
>>
>>813997
The thing that fucks with me is that you have people saying "I wouldn't use this for any fish over 8lbs" and then you have people going "I put 30lb line on it and threw it in the ocean and it worked great."

probably ignoring the collapsible. They look like Chinese advertisement.
>>
>>813891
I wouldn't honestly drive down to Miami and beat you to a pulp if you did that

I'd put you in the fucking hospital
>>
>>814009
I would personally pass on those myself. If you're a poorfag or reasonably unsure about fishing go with what >>814002 suggested. Otherwise get yourself something a little higher quality and if you end up not liking fishing you can sell the damn thing.
>>
>>814019
>If you're a poorfag

Or if you have money but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something you may be tired of in a week. Only a fool would "test the waters" of fishing enjoyment with a $250 rod.
>>
>>814000
>You can catch fish on anything.
>Still insists on spending $200 as a beginner.

Dude. Seriously?
>>
File: testthewaters.jpg (805KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
testthewaters.jpg
805KB, 1440x2560px
>>814025
>if you're a poorfag
OR
>reasonably unsure about fishing

Here's what can happen with a $30 rod when trying to set the hook with a >4lb fish in heavy cover

To each their own, we all have different spending amounts.
>>
>>813995
I always tie my Texas rigs on 20lb flouro though and that will break off before the Gamakatsus. They use pretty beefy wire on those. Not like the Trokars though, those things are tough.

>>813998
I agree, $200-$250 is a little ridiculous for the twice a summer fisherman. I have a bunch of $70-$100 spinning combos that have been really good for years. I always tell people to go like $60-$70 as a starter setup. If you spend less than that, you will end up wanting to upgrade pretty soon anyway so might as well spend the extra $20 to start.
>>
>>814019
Agree on this for what I said here >>814037

The rods are straight but for $20 more you can get a much nicer reel.

>>814033
There's a big difference between a $30 combo, a $70 combo, and a $250 combo.

If you're in mid-life crisis mode and are thinking about picking up fishing again instead of buying a Corvette, $200+ is reasonable. But adding starting tackle and everything, $400-$500 is a lot for your average person to dump into a hobby that you aren't sure about.
>>
>>813891
That would be stealing lures from people, don't do that.
The lakes and ponds and fish don't belong to you they are free for all to enjoy and I suggest you grow up.
You're worse than the people who go to the lake and leave trash everywhere because you're intentionally trying to fuck with people's stuff.
I always knew you were below average in intelligence and looks and ability because you're a 27 year old truck driver who is involuntarily celibate but I didn't know until now that you're also a massive asshole.
>>
>>814029
its a matter of if you are comfortable spending that amount of money or not, if you arnt then obviously just dont. The big thing with going with a more expensive setup is the tremendous ease of use you get with high quality gear. Less breaking and less hassle in my experience. Not to mention that a $200 setup is honestly mid to low tier grade stuff compared to the other stuff on the market. You could easily spend over 1k on a single rod/reel combo if you where that fucked.
>>
>>814040
Woah, woah, woah. Don't shit on truck drivers, or there's gonna be a problem.
>>
>>814040
You don't even know how old I am. Topkek.

I would never put forth the effort to actually do that, but I thought something like what would be a good idea for cranky dude who is sick of people tresspassing on his property to go fishing.

>stealing lures
If you little bastards throw that frisbee in my yard again, I'm keeping it!
>>
>>814045
The ponds and lakes that you fish are not your property you're too poor to afford land
>>
>>814037
Your 20 lb flouro is shit then, on my ultralight 15 lb braid and 15 lb flouro leaders if I snag and it's just the hook snagged (using gamakatsus) I can usually (sometimes)bend the hook slightly and it goes free, if it gets wrapped or anything I'm fucked though
>>
>>814049
>tfw no feesh in my swimming pool
I tried. They didn't last too long with the chlorine or whatever the pool guy puts in there.

New Thread:
>>814051
>>
>>814042
as being someone that worked at a popular truck stop for my area I can honestly say I've never met more brain dead and degenerate people in my life then those truck drivers. only ones that didnt look like complete slobs with shit all over them were the Canadian drivers
>>
>>814052
im not sure what state you are in but I had a question regarding stocking my grandfathers 13 acre pond with some large mouth. Would you happen to know off the top of your head what a amount of bass I should consider ordering for a body of water that size?
>>
>>814055
I'm glad I'm not a trucker.
>>
>>814057
Will reply in new bred
>>
>>814002
>Walmart - Ugly Stik gx2 combo. 2 piece rod, $30. 6'6" Medium Action. Go for it!
I've got chitloads of rods, 6 for salt,at least 8 for fresh and 90+% of the time there's something in the truck. Just saying it wouldn't suck to have a set in a case under the seat for those rare times I don't have a 'real' reel & rod.
Diawa has the telescopic along with a few other brands. The LL Bean was a 4 piece IIRC, saw it at clearance store and didn't get it, they didn't have it next time I was there.
>>
>>814040
>when you post a crazy but creative idea that you obviously won't be performing but get flamed amyways
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 98

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.