[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Free Camping Gear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: Filson Tent.png (707KB, 1380x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Filson Tent.png
707KB, 1380x1000px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y70LCoK-XMA

I understand why people would complain about all that litter, but look at all that free shit! Free tents, mesh chairs, tarps, sleeping bags, air mattresses, and even some bags.
>>
>>806308
i would be IN THAT SHIT, like holy fuck, there is probably 10k worth of camping equipment just in the areas we saw in the video! I would seriously love to scavenge an area like that after a festival, maybe i'll scope some out in the US.
>>
Are you sure those were left behind by people?
A lot of those tents looked very similar to each other and I know that some festivals supply already made and up tents for people who pay for it.
still lots of other shit left back there.
>>
>>806325
They were left. I work there every year and its always the same. They've started donating them to the jungle in Calais and that but it would be nice if people didn't leave them in such a state. I've taken a few things here and there before but its hard to salvage when you're already carrying all your kit and don't have a car.
>>
>>806354
Wow, gotta go scavenging next time I'm in one of those weekend festivals.
Gonna make room for some gear to get back.
>>
>>806308
What the fuck? Why would you spend all that money on a tent and gear and then just leave it?
>>
A mate of mine picked several pairs of skis and snowboards with him after a weekend at a ski resort in Sweden, sold it for several thousand.
The yearly cod fishing championship also attracts lots of yuppies who have no qualms about procuring fancy fishing gear on-site and leaving it strewn around when it's all over. Talking thousands of dollars worth.
I just don't get it guys.
>>
>>806379
Damn, where was the fishing tournament?
>>
>>806367
Youre a white trust fund yuppie baby with 500x more money than sense.
>>
File: IMG_20120309_151633-1.jpg (8KB, 386x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20120309_151633-1.jpg
8KB, 386x360px
It'd be a damn good day if I walked up into that shit.
>>
>>806385
Svolvær, in Norway. It's mostly an excuse to get shitfaced, but they do chance to land some pretty big fish.
>>
>>806367

Probably didn't feel like putting a muddy as fuck 30$ POS tent into their car, desu, I wouldn't either.

Probably didn't feel like getting muddy as fuck cleaning it off

>>806395

Sucks being poor AND bigoted, eh? Salty bitch
>>
>>806308
Whole time I'm watching that video im thinking about all the loose needles. The smell of BO/pot/heroin/meth. And that cheap tent smell.
>>
File: Forest.png (4MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Forest.png
4MB, 1500x1125px
>>806422

You can just put it in a garbage bag and hose it off at home.

Also, some of those must cost over $250.
>>
>>806422
>Bigoted

Dumping your unwanted goods on public property is real classy
>>
>>806354
>They've started donating them to the jungle in Calais
dumb, send them to the actual refugee camps near the conflict zones
>>
>>806367
I've done it when camping in another state. I bought some cheap gear to use there, and I didn't have to worry about wrecking because I knew I'd throw it out at the end since I wouldn't be able to get it on the plane.
>>
>>806866

>implying any music festival worth a shit doesn't have a clean up crew SPECIFICALLY for this

>implying you've ever been outside, or to a festival in general

So, whats it like being a fucking retard?
>>
>>807215
>leaving your garbage for others to clean up

The literal definition of a child
>>
>>807249

>Leaving waste, so other people can do their job, that they're getting paid for. (weird concept for a NEET like you, I know)

>Not wanting to bring a muddy as fuck tent onto the shuttle bus/train that brought you to the festival grounds

>Giving a fuck in general about tents and trash after an EDM/pop camping festival (this isn't /out/, this is in a field in some shit city).

>tfw you're the *LITERAL* definition of nu male
>>
File: 1445402479696.png (764KB, 903x793px) Image search: [Google]
1445402479696.png
764KB, 903x793px
>>807335
>needing to have a job where people pick up after other children's messes

>not bringing fuckhuge trashbags to fit everything in and not mud everything up

>see Broken windows theory

>tfw you're trying to justify your childish, narcissistic, indulgent, petty misbehavior instead of just picking up your own mess

I knew festival culture was garbage but I didn't think it was literal garbage too
>>
>>807346
The problem is (you) are garbage. You hate freedom, you hate people having fun, you hate people who are employed,you hate people going out while you are home with mommy. Take a hike to /lit/ you self hating nu male faggot
>>
File: PV4g29z.jpg (121KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
PV4g29z.jpg
121KB, 960x720px
>>807473
Of course you try to paint me as a basement dweller. Who else would object to YOUR sort of fun? Boring losers, that's who! They're not the IN crowd like me. They must be fucking MISERABLE and JEALOUS to boot

>you hate freedom
Freedom to shit up some location without responsibility and leave the second your fun is over? Yeah, I do hate your freedom to litter and not be held responsible

>you hate people having fun
They can roll on molly and suck face to Calvin Harris all they want. Go for it. Sounds like an awesome time. Just don't leave your fucking trash when you go home

>you hate people who are employed
Wot?

>you hate people going out while you are home with mommy
Lel. At least I get my tendies free you fag B^)

>Take a hike to /lit/ you self hating nu male faggot
You should take a hike to /k/ or /b/. They seem much more your speed you fucking parasite

Rabid consumerism like that is what puts islands of trash into the ocean and makes rivers into open sewers. I thought you'd agree being on /out/ seeing as how so much pristine land is pissed away from people dumping garbage. Why are you on this board?
>>
>>807506
that picture is disgusting
>>
File: 14TH_RIVER_GANGES_754203f.jpg (69KB, 636x424px) Image search: [Google]
14TH_RIVER_GANGES_754203f.jpg
69KB, 636x424px
>>807519
Yeah. Pretty abhorrent

Reminds me a lot of India and China
>>
>>807506

>comparing india to festival grounds that will be cleaned up within a day

Dumbass
>>
File: trash-5youredm.jpg (215KB, 790x521px) Image search: [Google]
trash-5youredm.jpg
215KB, 790x521px
>>807572
>comparing india to festival grounds
A garbage infested place reminds me of other garbage infested places. Whodda thunk it?

>cleaned up within a day
Try weeks you sod. Even years. And sure it gets picked up but it goes straight into a fucking landfill. All those tents gone to fucking waste. All those supplies buried in the ground after a handful of uses. Amazing

I don't see how anyone can defend this. It's pure childishness and irresponsibility
>>
>>807506
FUCKING canadians eh?
>>
>>807576

Annnnd there we have it.
>>
File: image.png (212KB, 1305x892px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
212KB, 1305x892px
>>807473
Dude quit being such a faggy cunt, how's the summer going?
>>
>>806308
this is how we are killing our earth. think of the time and resources (not to mention the shitty by-products) of production of all of this plastic garbage.
>>
>>807759
Tru dat. The only environmentalists on this board are rainbows, neets and the cairn kicking clique.
>>
>>807335
As an actual cleaner, fuck you sideways buddy
You must be one of the cunts that leaves an upside down tub of yoghurt on nice carpet, just because "oh there's someone to take care of that anyway"
>>
>>807572
>That trash just goes away and disappears

Kek. You're pretty stupid aren't you?
>>
>>807775
"WAHHHH MY JOB ACTUALLY REQUIRES ME TO WORK" Would you rather be unemployed, faggot?
>>
>>807775

As an actual hard working person, stay in the cleaning business. Seems like if you had an actual hard job it would be to much.
>>
File: 565.jpg (43KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
43KB, 512x384px
>>807783

>thinking that the trash from festivals is even noticeable compared to the trash accumulated elsewhere

ITT NEETs try hard to convince themselves this is why they're to scared/don't want to go to a social event

>tfw all those plastic chicken tendie bags your mommy buys you don't just disappear either
>>
>>807783
Trash decomposes, it gets blown away or some retard cleaner picks it up. Who cares when it's gone except some anxiety ridden nu male who would never see it anyway
>>
>>807934
>>807961

Sure is summer in here.
>>
>>806308
What a whiny little bitch pick up the expensive shit and start pawning it off make money.
>>
>>808033
It is. That's when all the LNT, recycle hypocrites , warmists and fags who are scared to go outside come out and pretend they are adults
>>
It is great for economy. People get paid for removing all this stuff, whose wages are paid via the ticket cost of the people who make this trash.
And instead of sitting on these thousands of dollars/pounds/whatever, the money is spent on gear, from which business makes their money and wages of employees are paid. And due to people discarding it after one use, they will have to spend money again next year.

I do not get how pepole can be so close minded. It is like hollering about billionaires who spent insane amounts of money on vain bullshit. That is fucking great. If rich fucks would just sit on the money, nobod would benefit on it. The more frivolous spending by rich guys, the more money gets into circulationa gain.
>>
File: 102.jpg (145KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
102.jpg
145KB, 768x432px
>>808085
>dumping plastic into the ground and making even more plastic to dump next year is great

It's like you faggots actively try to forget about our trash islands

I know I'm just getting trolled but people actually believe this and it upsets me greatly
>>
>>808089

I guess the tents and airbeds are not simply ground into the soil but debuilt.
I live in a country where that shit is recycled, so I do not see it forming any new landmasses.
>>
>>808092
In lots of countries everything that goes into the garbage is put into landfills because nobody wants to spend the money on recycling programs

It all adds up unfortunately
>>
>>807576

should have just tied a rock to it and chucked it in the river
>>
>>808089
>Trash islands

Where are these islands? We could make a MGTOW compound on one and never have to import materials and supplies
>>
>>808093

Where else would you put garbage except a landfill? I suppose you could burn it,but it's always better for the environment to not recycle, not that hippies care about the environment
>>
>ruining the earth so a few people can pick up shit and deposit it somewhere else

>it's job creation!!

I'm legitimately surprised more of you city faggots don't get murdered when you go car camping or drive your RV to a campsite.
>>
>>808159
They float around the pacific ocean
>>
>>808093
In the US alot of what people recycle gets thrown in a landfill because none of it is profitable except aluminum
>>
>>808055
>Caring about the environment that provides you with your /out/door activities is being a faggot
>Being that retarded

How do you even solve the captchas? Or did mommy buy you a 4chan pass?
>>
>>808314
Sound's like it's not an island but just a small pile of flowing material

>>808472

My mom was a giant cunt and is dead friendo. Do you have an argument or do you just call your betters names? Like most environmentalists you appear to be a brainwashed tool of al gore
>>
>>808557
You started the name calling and >no arguments.

I don't think you can cry foul at this point you faggot.
>>
>>808159
It's not a solid island. Its a bunch of trash that floats around the ocean. Most of the particles are pretty small, as the plastic has disentegrated, but it never truly goes away and the smaller particles can enter the food chain and cause all sorts of problems. As the plastics degrade, they can also start leaching hazardous chemicals into the ocean as well or pick up organic pollutants like DDT.

The effect on wildlife is pretty devastating. For example, one third of albatross chicks on midway island die due to being fed plastic by their parents. All that stuff bioaccumulates and amplifies as well. As smaller stuff ingests the particles and then get eaten by larger things. The concentration of those plastics and toxins gets amplified up the food chain and eventually will land on someone's dinner plate.
>>
>>806491
Noone brings a $250 tent to a festival unless your a complete retard. Theyre all cheap walmart ones

Ive been to many festivals, there are some gems leftover after but not many. Most of it is trash
>>
>>807747
Holy shit, this is literally the guy who works next to me, right down to the Fox hat.
>>
>>806308
Calling >>>/biz/ please wait...
>>
>>808581
Haha, you don't actually believe that crap do you?
>>
>>807934
yes, one festival does not compare to the trash accumulated in places like india, china, or africa. But there are more than just one festive every year. There are HUNDREDS. And if each produces this much waste, then in no time at all we will have more trash.

Also, the trash accumulated elsewhere? yeah, it comes from here. we ship it off.
>>
>>811199
It's not like there is a shortage of landfill space. Regardless, the people you are being replaced by don't care one iota about the environment so you get to see it become a real problem instead of an imaginary one
>>
>>811193
>Peer reviewed research is wrong

There's no educating the stupid and hopeless I suppose.
>>
>>811199

>ignoring the posts saying all salvageable tents are donated to good causes
>ignoring the revenue this brings to the parks that host these events

Just shut the fuck up already.
>>
>>811299
No it's not. It's tumblr faggotry regurgitated from your brainwashers
>>
>>811299
>Peer reviewed research should be blindly believed
There's no educating the stupid and hopeless I suppose.
>http://science.sciencemag.org/content/342/6154/60.full
>http://io9.gizmodo.com/i-fooled-millions-into-thinking-chocolate-helps-weight-1707251800
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.