[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What boots do I need?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 662987m3_ts.jpg (202KB, 1155x1155px) Image search: [Google]
662987m3_ts.jpg
202KB, 1155x1155px
So I'm living I'm San Francisco for a while. And I also love to hike from 1hour to about 3 or 4 hours. My foot size is about 9&half to 10. I have flat feet. I can't figure what boots are right for me especially since I have no experience with boots. I'm also rucking with about 30-40lbs in my pack to prep for the marines (have a few years for that) and I need boots that could help form my feet or help them get used to being in boots for the military. I don't know if that made sense but any help would be appreciated!
>>
>>795505
>>795505
>>795505

/THREAD
>>
>>796055
The thread is just some asshat who is jacking off over a shitting pair of boots and is more stubborn then a Moms Demand Action rally when supported with facts against the boot
>>
File: ffffffffff.jpg (63KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
ffffffffff.jpg
63KB, 480x360px
>>796051
These are pretty comfortable and easy to break in
>>
>>796051
Also when you're rucking don't take wide steps take medium to small steps rucking with weight and taking wide steps can do damage to your hip
>>
File: yup.jpg (229KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
yup.jpg
229KB, 720x960px
>>796051
Also if the marines ever stop being faggots about there uniform regulations in combat zones you can oper8 in them as well
>>
Any over the ankle lightweight boot is fine so long as it's skintight when you lace it on your foot for the first time.

Military boots are not great, but so long as they fit properly, meaning skin tight, which none of your drills or anyone will you, you will never get blisters. When you get boots issued, don't let the lady handing you suit give you the wrong sizr boot.

The Marines are a shitty organization. You don't need to practice ruck marching either, it's not that hard and the Marines really do not expect much from you.
>>
File: RifleGun.jpg (181KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RifleGun.jpg
181KB, 1920x1080px
>>796243
I've gotta disagree with you. That said, it sounds like you were in the military- I never was.

I found that a half size larger than usual helps alot. Feet swell when you're using them all day, especially for someone training and doing something they've never done to their body before.

Most thru hikers (pct, cdt, or at) experience their feet gaining a 1/2 size permanently.

Don't know if this applies, but I read an interview of a WWII vet describing his boot fitting experience- basically they had him hold a bag with 100 pounds in it while standing on a sizing chart.
>>
>>796055
fuck off, shill
>>
>>796250
>Most thru hikers (pct, cdt, or at) experience their feet gaining a 1/2 size permanently.

this really sounds like an urban legend
>>
File: AT First 1000 162.jpg (3MB, 4320x3240px) Image search: [Google]
AT First 1000 162.jpg
3MB, 4320x3240px
>>796282
It happened to me, I thrued the AT in 2011. I started in a pair of 10 nike running shoes, and finished in 11.5 salomon trail runners. That said, one guy kept the same pair of Asolos the whole time (although they were pretty much falling apart at the end).

Pic is of my foot after two weeks in those damn nikes.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.