[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 14

File: altama7852.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
altama7852.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
Pic related is the best /out/ boot you will ever have and it is as basic as it gets.

10 inch
Triple/quadrouple stitched
Full leather
Last for a decade of daily heavy use
Waterproof entirely(if you lace them right water won't pour in through the top)
You could run a marathon with theee boots

You can't own a boot better than this. Fact.
>>
But are they comfy OP? Since you posted a stock photo I doubt you actually own a pair.
>>
>>795508
I have a two pairs. No I will never post a photo I personally took on this website. Never.

Also, yes, very comfortable. More comfortable than tennis shoes.

What makes you think I would lie to you about the quality of something like this? These babies have gotten me through all of it and more. How else could I know their limits of waterproofness?
>>
>heavy as fuck
>too much ankle support
>won't breathe enougb
>weapons grade autism
Nah, I'm good.
>>
>>795519
>not heavy
>impossible idea
>breathes just fine have you ever worn boots?

You sir have the autism.
>>
What's the point of this thread? You realise you're not asking a question, not even takin other's opinion in consideration. You're just telling us you like these boots, and honestly no one cares.
>>
>>795527
A thread is not an inquiry but rather always statement put into an environment that is then parroted and changed slightly by the viewers.

Each response, just like yours- will always be pesky but noticably not very different from any other statement in this thread. Statements compounding other statements to the point of unrecognizability, so muh so it is concieved that the original post was a question when it is very rarely so.
>>
>>795524
There's definitely such a thing as too much ankle support, ya dummy
>>
>>795538
No there seriously is not. In the working and woodsman world boots commonly exceed 16 inch.
>>
>>795505
>Triple/quadruple stitch

You realize that doesn't mean anything, right. Basically just for looks.
>>
>>795559
0/10
>>
>>795562
I just work on boots for a living, so don't mind me
>>
>>795564
But you don't. What kind of fool buys a boot with one line of stitching? Somebody that truly wants an excuse to not wear their boots.
>>
The soles look shit too
>>
>>795573
You'll never know unless you walk in a pair.

These babies can walk on any terrain.
>>
>>795567
I'm a 3rd generation cobbler, but your glue and plastic boots prove you know more than me. Double stitch is more than enough
>>
>>795505
What if it's hot?
>>
>>795580
Hogshit.

The only thing these boots could use are nails in the sole and you can have that done very cheaply.

>>795581
I live in Arizona m8
>>
Best boot for an awkward school shooter brony type to walk around a mall food court in sure. Best /out/ boot? I don't think so, might be the worst though.
>>
>>795505
I used to have a pair of those. Everything he listed is true.
>>
>>795590
See
>>795593
>>
I'd pick up a pair if they didn't have that shitty looking tread.
>>
>>795586
Well I looked them up and no wonder they are barely over $100. At least they are quadruple stitch for no reason
>>
>>795510
>I have a two pairs. No I will never post a photo I personally took on this website. Never.
???
>>
>>795505
Are these whites?
>>
>>795614
Altama
>>
>>795604
https://www.google.com/#q=How+to+view+exif+data
>>
>>795505
>Last for a decade of daily heavy use

lol no anon I went through several pair in one tour of duty and I was only in the air force
>>
>>795711
/g/ reporting. 4chan removes exif data when you post dumbass. Also there are exif removing tools available for Windows and Linux if you don't trust mootle. You can worry about other tracking methods though such as pinpointing an individual's vernacular and Google knows all there is to know about you anyways so you might as well give up on privacy now. Or use startpage and noscript and go full tinfoil hat. Point is, you can take that picture
>>
>>795880
Liar
>>
>>795903
what do you think I am my lying about? The shitty jungle boots or my time in the AF?
They were pretty comfy but no soles last more than a year of everyday use unless you weigh less than 100lbs
>>
>>795911
Jungle boots have canvas. These don't have canvas. You are lying. These are super boots created by God himself.
>>
>>795953
The sole is exactly the same anon and thats what wears out.
there are no shoes on this planet that do no wear out.
Not any.

And the
My cowboy boots
My combat boots
My redwing boots
My logger boots
feel like tennies meme is old and retarded.
>>
They look retarded, aren't CSA approved, and probably weak as shit
>>
I have a pair of old army surplus Vietnam boots. So much more comfortable than the heavy corcorans i had before, and for a quarter of the price.
>>
wore these things for two years.

two solid years of walking, running, and constant mink oiling.

for the first 6 months my feet and ankles hated me. once they broke in they were comfy as fuck.

not worth the break in period desu famalam.
>>
>>795964
>>795962
You are wrong behind a computer. I am coming to you with experience. I have two pairs currently and have been using these boots for 12 years, retiring my first pair only last year. I work 50-60 hour weeks with these outside all day.
>>
>>795564
>>795580
>cobbler
Hey, another shoe person on 4chan!

I'm not a proper cobbler though, just been a repairer at a kiosk type place for a couple of years. I've never made a pair of footwear, the most I've done would be replace everything from the upper down (insole, randing, sole, heel etc) on a pair before.

Are you a proper boot maker and everything?
>>
>>795985
Manlet detected
>>
>>795986
No, I don't make anything but my dad does. I mainly run the repair shop.
>>
>>795986
Have you ever seen a pair of shoes or boots that would last a grown man for a decade of constant use?
>>
>>795989
6'1 cupcake
>>
>>795711
you can literally just take a screenshot of ur photo and it doesn't matter
>>
File: image_65324.jpg (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image_65324.jpg
13KB, 400x400px
>you can't own a better boot
you're looking at one
doubt those are as durable as you claim btw, also those soles seriously look shit.
>>
>>796034
Those white's are nice but they are total garbage for jungle environments. The boot in OP is a good middle ground for this.

P.s. im in the PNW I am a fan of white's
>>
>>795998
You must be pretty damn light on your feet there twinkle toes because those are not magic boots.
Bet you have no idea what hard work is.
>>
>>796037
I'm a firefighter...

Sorry pal, your ego doesnt translate well into reality
>>
>>795997
I've never seen that, I guess this firefighter has magic boots. I repair cops and wildland firefighter boots all year long
>>
>>796059
The boots in OP are not for fighting fires.

Would be perfect for cops though.

On fire I have a nice pair of white's.
>>
>>796061
Of course, they are $100 military style boots for roleplaying
>>
>>796042
Hmmm maybe if you sit on your ass in the station all day and wash the truck once a week you might get some extra time out of a pair of boots.
>>
>>796066
Not that kind of firefighter. Also these boots are not specialized for firefighting.

>>796062
>roleplaying
My ass these babies were made for killing

Those damn emo kids and white supremacists never have the real deal
>>
>>795505

I have three pairs of these in the attic that were issued when I was in the service (USAF) back in the day. I wore one pair on a week outing in the Weminuche. The are durable as hell, probably the most durable I've had on rough terrain (talus and such), but they gave me the worst blisters I ever had (before and since). I was wearing a mid grade wool sock and the boots fit fine. I could be me or my feet but a pair of Magnum steel-toe (of which I've had many pair) felt twice as good as these.
>>
>>795505
>tfw my JROTC unit issued these to us for free
>tfw I refused to use them because I had milsurp Vietnam jungle boots that worked just as well and were lighter

Those are heavy, don't breath for shit, and limit your ankle's mobility.

Good boots but they have serious drawbacks, there are better ones out there
>>
>>796080
I haven't had a large blister in 3 or 4 years my feet are like rocks so I can't say.
>>
>>796081
Sounds like you didn't enlist
>>
>>796085
Probably will soon, but I wanted time to go /out/doors with the lil bro and play /k/ommando in the Arizona desert

Probably will though, GI bill would be nice and I like doing things for organizations with broship and stuff

Plus I am a bit of a fatass and need a few months to lose all the weight
>>
File: 14663644627711389644615.jpg (2MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
14663644627711389644615.jpg
2MB, 1520x2688px
>>795505
My babies
>>
What do I look for when checking boots, /out/? The ones in the OP aren't an option because I don't live in america, but the brands down here can be kinda all over the place

My biggest concern is the sole coming off due to shitty glue, so that's what I've been trying to look for, but I don't know how to do that properly. What about material?
>>
>>795505
Fuck troop boots.

I only wore those in basic. 9 weeks back in 2003. My pinky toes are still deformed from them.
>>
File: z9T7qVs.png (62KB, 353x251px) Image search: [Google]
z9T7qVs.png
62KB, 353x251px
I've got a pair of moab shoes and a set of Lowa boots that both cause me pain in the same area. I assume it is because of shitty posture and gait.
They get me on the right side of the right foot. A little bit forward and down from the ankle.

My work boots are more loose around the ankle and they don't seem to cause me the same pain.
>>
File: bean-boot.jpg (55KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
bean-boot.jpg
55KB, 480x360px
>>795505
Wear a pair before y'all give me shit, best boots I ever owned period.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2447x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2447x2448px
Best boots I've ever owned. Garmont something or others. Bought em at an outlet store over 10 years ago. I've put hundreds of miles hiking and hundreds of miles of daily use mainly during the winter. The vibram soles are still in very good shape. They stink to high hell but nothing a little Summer's Eve can't take care of. I wish I could find another pair. They sucked the first 30 miler I went on right after I got em but they've been golden ever since.
>>
I'm going to be living in the woods for a couple of months. What are sum effay, durable, and somewhat cheap milsurp boots I can get off yeebay or somewhere?

Help me out, /out/.
>>
>>800544
Literally OP pic related you idiot
>>
>>795982

>6months to break in

WHAT THE FUCK I've partners with pregnancies longer than that. 6 months to break in a boot is clearly the sign of a shitty boot.

Hell after 6 months "breaking" in these won't be the same thing you bought.

Breaking in should take 1-2 months top. Anything more is a shitty boot
>>
>>796061
>On fire I have a nice pair of white's.

White's are overrated as fuck. Hell, I've had Georgia's that lasted for two fire seasons at a quarter of the price. Props on falling for that bullshit.
>>
>>795505
Fuck that. You'd be crazy to run four hours straight in those ... things.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (283KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
283KB, 1600x1200px
>>800545
I've tried jungle boots and they felt fucking awful.

How about these? would you go out with them?
>>
>>800556
you're joking, right? don't wear 70 year old boots into the woods for a couple months. If you need them not to be jungle boots, ones from early vietnam are your best bet
>>
>>800563
Corcorans perhaps?
>>
Unless its hand stitched any damage causes the entire panel to unravel.

The shiny side of leatget doesn't take well to leather oil and wax either, so long term lufe expectancies are sgort for actual field use
>>
I own a pair! I was attacked by a cougar, THESE BOOTS SAVED MY LIFE!!! I can not recommend them enough. The cougar pined me and my two daughters in a cave, the cougar went to lunge at my youngest, I stuck my booted foot in front to protect her. The cougar clenched down on the triple/quadruple stitched breathable leather and broke a tooth and ran away crying. The saliva didn't even penetrate my sox so I can personally say these r indeed waterproof.

Get these boots they will change and serve ur life
>>
File: 20160624_121932_resized.jpg (2MB, 1494x2656px) Image search: [Google]
20160624_121932_resized.jpg
2MB, 1494x2656px
Redwings are best boot. I work night shift construction and then come home and work on the lawn so I probably wear them 12 hours a day. The orthotic shit they try to sell is a meme though.
>>
File: tumblr_nzhfel29rm1ts47jbo1_1280.jpg (732KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzhfel29rm1ts47jbo1_1280.jpg
732KB, 1280x1707px
>>800566
did somebody say corcorans
>>
What is with this trend of people thinking milsurp garbage boots are suitable for hiking? The only way you can think jungle boots/etc are comfortable is if you've never owned a modern-ish boot. Vets basically universally hated these boots and they led to tons of foot problems. Good boots that won't cost an arm and a leg: soloman quest 4d gtx, lowa renegade, vasque st elias gtx
>>
>>796035
That's actually a good point. They would be awful in a jungle environment, especially if your feet got wet even just once. On the other hand, i couldn't imagine the boots op posted doing well in an arctic/sub arctic climate, or anywhere slippery. I think my white's would also probably handle less humid forested areas better though, as they have better grip and are probably more comfortable for extended walking.

All boots have their pros and cons obviously.
>>
>>795505
Dude I work high tier private military security and bought the same pair of combat jungle boots. After 3 months they fell apart. And I have to carry military gear which is as much as a light backpacker. Don't do it, just invest in good hiking or quality combat boots.
>>
>>800707
comfy af pic bruh
>>
You're only supposed to put like 500 miles on a set of footwear before you replace them.

There's a reason people go through multiple pairs of boots when they hike the AT.

Also full leather boots are shit, I know because I've owned them, there's a reason most boots are made out of gortex and modern materials now, not some shit that native americans wore 1000 years ago.
>>
>>795510
In other words, you don't own them and your idea of 'good boots' is picking up something for under 30 bucks from Wal-mart.
>>
>>802521
You will never find these boots at wal-mart you cheeto huffing fuckstick
>>
The trick to using these boots is to put vaseline on your socks, around the heels, toes and other trouble spots. That said, you need to keep your boots clean afterwards, as the synthetic will destroy the natural leather. That's why the army has these boots, because they work, but you have to work to make them work. not sum plug in play, fall apart gortex bullshit they're selling at rei
>>
>>801775
>You're only supposed to put like 500 miles on a set of footwear before you replace them.

This is absurd. Proper care of boots and resoling can insure a long hiking boot life.
>>
>>802571
>not some plug in play show from rei
>you have to work with the shoe to make it work for you
It's a fucking shoe. You put it on and you walk around in it. The only type of "work" I should have to do with a shoe is breaking it in. If I have to do anything else to make walking in it comfortable and healthy for my feet, it's not worth buying.
>>
>>802539

>posts image of random boots
>refuses to say where they come from or what band they are

OP is a shit huffing fuckstick
>>
>>795524

>waterproof
>breathes just fine

pick one you dirty oik
>>
>>802663
I already told you they are Altama

>>802664
There are so many boots that do this
>>
File: M77.jpg (79KB, 630x945px) Image search: [Google]
M77.jpg
79KB, 630x945px
>>795505
Those are some narrow girlie boots. Picture of the sole of the Alfa M77 for comparison.
>>
File: HOB THIS KNOB MOTHERFUCKER.jpg (200KB, 669x1000px) Image search: [Google]
HOB THIS KNOB MOTHERFUCKER.jpg
200KB, 669x1000px
>>802601
>>801775
thats like saying the only work you should have to do to a car is drive it. bullshit statement. why have people been shining and treating the leather of their shoes for centuries? people used to have metal on the soles of their boots because they expected those shits to last.
>>
File: DSC_2103.jpg (710KB, 2000x746px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_2103.jpg
710KB, 2000x746px
>>802773
My German Army ones are also one of the few to fit my retardedly broad feet
>>
>>801339

It's a meme
>>
>>802586

>this is absurd
>all you have to do to make a shoe last forever is to rebuild the shoe when it wears out

Wow, thanks for telling me that shoes wear out after a period of time exactly like I said in my post.

Also

>can't even use the correct version of "ensure"
>expects to be taken seriously

'no'

>>802793

Alright, I'll build you a shoe completely out of titanium then, it'll be guaranteed to last :^)

Protip, people put metal in their shoes because it was dirt cheap and they didn't have advanced polymers and rubbers in 1900.

Why don't you take a wagon to work if everything people did a century ago was better?
>>
>>795508
Not sure about all leather but 'nam boots are comfy as they are simplistic. My dad had his from the 70s until my mom threw them out a couple years ago because they looked like hell.

>>795538
I've come across footwear with shitty ankle support, usually from "modern" footwear but I haven't come across "too much" ankle support.

One of my side jobs is hunting steep mountain side for animals that escaped the game preserve. I never step foot in that place without at least an 8 inch boot.

Best boot I've come across are Danner RAT boots.
>>
>>800556
> original WWII double buckles
You know reenactors are paying like $100+ for a pair of originals

>>801775
the biggest advancement in shoe technology was the use of a rubber sole, now using rubber on a pair of leather boots is nothing new, they were doing this by the turn of the century, however many military were still using leather sole hob nail boots well into the 1940's because rubber was rationed. All a hobnail does is reduce the wear on the leather sole. But the amazing thing is how fixable they are. A few nails, and some shoe glue and your pair are back to normal again until the next blow out or replacement sole. You were expected to take care of them, treat the leather with oil, polish them up every once in a while, not slip them on, run out the door, ruck 25k and if they broke on you just toss them in the trash and buy a new pair. Leather is far from outdated, it's reliable.
>>
>>801339
>boots that won't cost an arm and a leg
Well they do cost about a livers worth.

All of those are 3-4 times more expensive than all-leather army boots. If you have city-boy feet then you can put 10 $ for some more softer insoles and you are all gucci.
>>
>>797672
>meme boots
>>
>>797123
quest 4d 2 gtx?
mah nigga
>>
>>805096

Try hard
>>
>>801339

My Bellevilles and Rockies would like to fucking disagree with you, but they're just boots so looks like I'll be the one disagreeing instead.
>>
>>795510
>I have a two pairs. No I will never post a photo I personally took on this website. Never.
fuck you are one true fat idiot. and I will not read your shitty thread for this reason.
>>
File: P_20160704_185250_p.jpg (1MB, 2304x4096px) Image search: [Google]
P_20160704_185250_p.jpg
1MB, 2304x4096px
My new boots for snow. It's lined with fleece inside. Like military grade ug boots. Not pretty but there aint gonna be no one around to judge.
>>
A successful troll thread on /out/? What? Usually things like this get bled out as fast as they're posted.
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.