[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /out/ think of these noodles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

File: maruchan.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
maruchan.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
What does /out/ think of these noodles?
>>
>>785542
take up too much space. i would never bother with one.

that said they're great when you need a sodium refill or for a hangover. i always use more water than you're sposta because muh hydration.
>>
>>785542
Good non-perishable food to keep on hand at the house due to its long shelf life and only requiring boiling water to cook. Bad for taking on a hiking/backpacking trip because it takes up too much space in your pack for the small amount of calories it provides and leaves you with a Styrofoam cup that you must dispose of somehow.
>>
rare quads?

>>785555
>>
File: 300 calories.jpg (282KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
300 calories.jpg
282KB, 1000x941px
If you want to have noodle soup while hiking, bring a little baggie of vermicelli and a packet of bullion. The vermicelli cooks super fast, is 110 calories/oz, and takes up minimal space while dry. Also, the baggie can be re-used for something else because dry noodles won't mess it up. Only real trash is the empty bullion packet.

This is 300 calories of vermicelli, with a 250 calorie Clif bar for size comparison.
>>
>>785579
I'd be so afraid of the noodles breaking. I guess I could always store them in my kettle though. Hot soup while out is goat
>>
>>785674
>I'd be so afraid of the noodles breaking
uwot? It's not like they are going to die anon. Don't be a fag
>>
>>785542
I prefer to have my own bowl and use the square packets of ramen instead. I also have a selection of dried veggies and sauces I can use.
>>
>>785676
I know, but I've eaten noodles, like the ramen brick kind, that were all smashed up. They taste exactly the same but the consistency becomes like maggots, nope.
>>
>>785542
they are the best noodles i have ever had
>>
I like it.
>>
File: image.jpg (588KB, 1360x1195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
588KB, 1360x1195px
>>785542
Yeah, they're bulky and the styrofoam container is a little too delicate to carry loose in a pack. It's super easy to prepare (just add boiling water) and has it's own serving dish though. Tastes good too...
>>
File: Ule2ISa.jpg (614KB, 1000x3400px) Image search: [Google]
Ule2ISa.jpg
614KB, 1000x3400px
saved this a while back, for dressing up bland noodles
>>
>>785856
I'm a yuge fan of Mi Goreng and Nongshim. Nissin and Maruchan are aight if you add some solids, use double the amount of water and spike it with sriracha and soya sauce... but that's a pain in the dick /out/. Mi Goreng and Nongshim are satisfying as-is.
>>
>>785542
They are absolute shit.

Just buy regular pasta noodles and bullion cubes.

Way better than that mass produced msg chemical soup.
>>
>>785863
...but "regular" pasta noodles take 12 to 20 minutes to cook AFTER the water comes to a boil. Requires MUCH more fuel.
>>
>>785873
>12 to 20 minutes
WTF kind of pasta do you buy?
>>
File: image.jpg (210KB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
210KB, 832x1024px
>>785873
>>785896
>he doesn't into al dente
Enjoy your mush
>>
File: image.jpg (429KB, 2071x738px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
429KB, 2071x738px
>>785896
>WTF kind of pasta do you buy?

Plz post the directions on YOUR pasta
>>
>>785899
nice pasta
>>
>>785688
Vermicelli =/= ramen noodles
>>
>>785863
>falling for the msg is bad meme
>>
>>785904
It is. Or at least something in these noodles is bad because I noticed every time I ate this stuff I felt fucking awful and now avoid it after googling it and seeing other people get side effects from it too. The worst thing is I love this stuff but all of them have msg from what I've seen.
>>
>>785873
Vermicelli takes 4-5 minutes.
>>
>>785993
They give me instashits.
>>
>>785901
Do they not break?
>>
>>786067
I carry all my food in my bear can.
I don't know how well they'd stand up without that.
>>
save extra packets from making multiple regular packs of ramen, add to angel hair pasta....also keep the plastic containers lunch meat comes in...the slim ones are the perfect size
>>
>>786057
This. Also regular pasta should be cooked for 8-9 minutes total to be eaten al dente.
>>
>>786152
Wrong...

There is no such thing as "regular" pasta. The thicker the pasta, the longer the cook time. Higher altitudes also will lengthen the amount of cook time. In my experience, dried pasta usually requires at least 50% more boiling time than what is stated on the box to get it tender (even at sea level). Also, I never eat any limp wristed, faggoty ass vermicelli or angel hair, I usually cook manly, hearty noodles like fettuccine, linguine or penn pasta, hence my comment about it requiring 12 to 20 minutes of cook time.

pussy
>>
>>786280
guessing you have your pasta heavily salted right?
>>
>>786280

this.

fuck that al dente shit. i want my noodles thick and floppy.
>>
>>785542
If I can't find the square Ramen packs I'll grab a pack of these and break them out of the Styrofoam bowls to repack in zip lock bags. Not the best way of doing things but it works I a pinch.
>>
>>785551

>leaves you with a Styrofoam cup that you must dispose of somehow.

Can you mongs really not figure out how to dispose of a cup?
>>
>>787408

If you can' find the square Ramen packs how can you find your way home?
>>
File: cumberland_t670.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
cumberland_t670.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>787427
I think anon didn't mean he would have trouble looking all over for ramen packs, but that sometimes your last stop is a quick walk-through at a 7-11 or Cumby's or something right before you depart, and they might only have the cuppa variety and it might seem like a good impulse buy. That sorta thing.
>>
>>787417
If I have a campfire going then I'll just burn it but if not then I'd have to carry a used, greasy styrofoam cup around in my pack until I get to somewhere with a trashcan.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.