[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor music festival thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

File: RF15_-_oprydning_950985a.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
RF15_-_oprydning_950985a.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
So, Festival season is coming up.
and i thought it might be fun to have a thread on outdoor music festival camping.

so, what festivals have you been to?
any tips? tricks? stories or good advice?
pack lists? packing advice?

yes its degenerate i know, so no need for those posts
>>
Best tip I can give you is to not go.
>>
>>781376
haha! very good post my friend! really contributed to the thread with such a quality post!
>>
>>781376
+1

If you think this is camping you need to have your soul examined.
>>
>>781395
>its outdoors
>its living in a tent for multiple days
>you have to pack all your stuff with you
please explain, why it does not qualify as "camping"
>>
>>781364
shouldn't you be posting this in /mu/? you'll probably get more experienced info there
>>
>bring a comfy shoe, you'll walk a lot
>take the sun seriously
>bring a chair if you can
>>
>>781401
im interested i9n the camping aspect, not so much the music. but /out/ sure as hell dont seem friendly to this kind of thread so maeby
>>
File: my feeling exactly.png (95KB, 219x230px) Image search: [Google]
my feeling exactly.png
95KB, 219x230px
>>781397
outdoors=!/out/ you fucking retard

if you were going to a concert in a football stadium would you post this on /sp/?
>>
>>781409
outdoor festivals arent in foodballstadiums, calm down dude it just a thread on mongolian carpet weaving forum, if you dont like it move along

and again, please, explain to me, why it is not camping to camp out in a tent for a week
>>
>>781364
Is your car parked close enough?
Is festival camping just car camping at a festival?
>>
>>781409
you are very stupid
thank you
>>
File: cl.png (108KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
cl.png
108KB, 228x221px
>>781412
i know they're not. hence the "if" ya fuckin illiterate mong. it's an analogy to clarify my point about why just because it's outside doesn't make it /out/. but apparently that's too complex a concept for you.
>>
File: durr.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>781419
you don't have a valid rebuttal
thank you
>>
>>781420
How is a festival not outside you mongoloid?
>>
>>781416
a car is not involved at all
>>781420
and you still havnt explained why it is not an /out/ subject
>>
>>781422
just because it's outside doesn't make it an /out/ topic. like i said, concerts in football stadiums aren't appropriate for /sp/. or, if you still don't like that comparison, i drive my car outside, does that make it /out/? baseball is played outside, is that /out/? if i move my tv to the deck, is that /out/?

you want >>>/mu/
>>
>>781428
those the the most fucking retarded compoariosons ive read in a long time. we have car thread here fucking constantly do you go into those threads and yell that they should go to /o/? do you go to the bug-out apocalyps prepper fantasy threads and tell them to go to /k/ ?

just because camping at a festival doesn't include 17 moras its not /out/ enough?

dude why are you so salty
>>
>>781422
Not him, but i'll explain.

Being /out/ must involve some level of personal responsibility and oneness with nature. While music festivals occur outside, they have every amenity known to man (every type of food/drink, toilets, security, etc). You are also among the most massive crowds of people in the US. That is not oneness with anything.

Additionally, i went to a music festival last July and a storm came through that was so severe that they literally closed the fest and made everybody leave. You are not booted from actual nature when a storm comes in.

If a music festival technically qualifies as /out/, it is the least /out/ thing of all time.
>>
>>781432
because they're actually going /out/. you're talking about *incidentally* being outdoors at a full service tent city with 40,000 other people. if the car thread was a bunch of street racers, yeah they're outside, but i'd still tell them to go to /o/. /mu/ and /soc/ are the focus of music festivals, not /out/. therefore they belong someplace else.
>>
>>781409
Most in the northwest are out in the woods or campgrounds. Is that not out enough for you?
>>
>>781448
and people spend a week sleeping on the beach at spring break at cabo, but they're still not /out/
see >>781435 >>781439
>>
>>781439
so in other words: its not Hardcore enough?
>>
>>781455
no, it's because
>/mu/ and /soc/ are the focus of music festivals, not /out/
but i suppose you were too busy being triggered by the beginning of my post to actually read the whole thing
>>
>>781469
you seem to be the one whose triggered, by the mere existence of this thread.

ever been to a festival? wanna share your outdoor camping experience at one?
>>
>>781472
>like threads to be at least vaguely on topic
>providing reasons why this thread is off topic
>triggered
nah

and i went to shitloads of them all over texas back in they day when i went to school at a&m. and they were tons of fun, but they were definitely not /out/.
>>
>>781455
if by hardcore you mean /out/, then yes

also not the other guy, but OP would honestly get better info from people who actually go to music festivals. look at his questions:

>so, what festivals have you been to?

>any tips? tricks? stories or good advice?
don't cook where you sleep. oh, you're surrounded by people and don't have to worry about bears or wolves? probably best to ask people who have experience at music festivals

>pack lists? packing advice?
definitely a water filter and a ferro rod. also a trowel for digging catholes to shit in. oh, it's not actually /out/? you can buy water and have access to bathrooms? never mind..
>>
I'm actually kinda interested in what Im sure was the original topic.

Not sure exactly what type of camping you mean OP as you haven't specified.

The only experience i have is with doof's - thats australian for mostly illegal multiple day party in the bush somewhere.

You have to pay to get in so i think right there, like with music festivals - /out/ won't tolerate it.

You also have to drive there so most people camp in their cars or tents.

Only thing I would advise for the camping side of things is keep your shit locked up.
>>
>>781428
>just because it's outside doesn't make it an /out/ topic
Actually yes it does. Besides, it's an outdoor social activity and meetup, which is specifically mentioned in the sticky. The word "camping" comes from the latin "campus" (field) and literally means sleeping in a field, which is what they are doing. If it rains, they get wet, they don't go inside and watch tv, so it's more /out/ than gardening.

>If a music festival technically qualifies as /out/, it is the least /out/ thing of all time.
No, as I said that would be gardening, or anything involving an internal combustion engine.
>>
>>781501
>just because it's outside doesn't make it an /out/ topic
>Actually yes it does.

no, it doesn't. see >>781428 >>781435 >>781454 >>781487

>If it rains, they get wet, they don't go inside and watch tv
and i've been rained on at football games (watching, not playing). should i post about that on /out/?
>>
jesus christ guys if you didn't want the festival thread here you should have just not replied to it
>>
>>781521

Get
>>
>>781518
eh, better to correct OP's stubborn faulty reasoning than to just let it roll

otherwise months from now he might make another irrelevant thread asking for advice because he plans to """camp""" (coming from the latin 'campus' for field, mind) outside the Apple store waiting for his shiny new iphone
>>
>>781576
Aaaaand saltiest 4chan poster award goes toooooo -drum roll-
>>
>>781580
you for not letting it go when half a dozen people have provided reasonable explanations for why this topic doesn't belong here
>>
>>781580
>correcting someone so they don't shit up the board further is being salty
can't tell if you're dumb, just trolling, or fishing for free bumps. I'm the guy who suggested OP should go elsewhere just because he stands to get legitimately useful answers to his questions elsewhere instead of needlessly arguing about his post.
>>
Op's pic confirms all reasons that music festivals aren't /out/ approved. Look at that utter disregard for nature. All that fucking trash piled up everywhere... Disgusting
>>
>>781599
You are correct, in fact you made me notice that the girl in the back is dragging luggage.

I mean come on, it's 2016, but that's not /out/.
>>
All that trash in OP's pic is fucking disgusting. Looks like goddamn India
>>
File: 1464698058354.jpg (12KB, 250x247px) Image search: [Google]
1464698058354.jpg
12KB, 250x247px
>everyone ITT falling for OPs bait this hard
>>
My house is outside, so me being in my house is an extension of being /out/. Literally everywhere I go I am /out/ and you can't prove me wrong
>>
File: movieposter.jpg (35KB, 279x402px) Image search: [Google]
movieposter.jpg
35KB, 279x402px
>>781729
and we're also in space. we're all astronauts breh!
>>
>>781599
>>781687
The best part is that 90% of people at a music festival would claim to be a "liberal" right after dropping their trash in the grass.
>>
>>781740
Really makes you think...
>>
>>781454
So when people CAMP in the same location it's different?
>>
>>781364
Look at all the fucking garbage. Do these people not have any decency?
>>
>>781934
yes
>>
Fuck yall. I'm headed to bonnaroo in 8 days. Got an rv this year. I don't give a vugg
>>
>>781973
>rv
>>/o/
>>
>>781949
How?
>>
Just got back from strangecreek.

Don't go to a festival with more than 8-10k people. It's just not fun.
Don't go to a fest that does not have wooded camping. Field camping is hell.
If you've been multi day hiking you know the pack list. Add glowsticks, headlamps, extra money for general store goods, plan for every scenario.

It's not degenerate. Best fucking weekend of my life with some of my closest friends. Small woodland fests in the middle of nowhere bro, that's heaven.
>>
>>782100
Many music festival goers go specifically to take drugs and fuck strangers with reckless abandon. That's pretty degenerate.
>>
I'll just give you your packing list:

$400 Cash. $60 if you really want to "rough" it. Go get 'em, tiger.
>>
>>781364
I'm thinking of becoming homeless and living at a music festival.

so, what festivals have you been to?
any tips? tricks? stories or good advice?
pack lists? packing advice?

yes its degenerate i know, so no need for those posts

>It's all in how you lay the groundwork, OP.
>>
>>781364
Portable ac units get you lots of pussy.
>>
any tips on keeping a tent cool? ive heard some put emergency reflective blankets over tents, does this work?
>>
>>782233
>living at a music festival
Can you actually do this? I can do artsy things and hard labor if necessary to make $ and earn my keep
>>
>>782093
read the thread you lazy faggot
>>
>>782280
Build a battery powered swamp cooler
>>
>>781409
Just got back from my second year at Sasquatch. The Gorge amphitheater not only is absolutely stunning but completely /out/. You have no clue what you are on about.

Planning for a festival is like planning for camping and planning for a party at the same time. Except a lot harder, since this one lasts 4 whole days.
>>
File: venue-photo_859_229.jpg (189KB, 859x229px) Image search: [Google]
venue-photo_859_229.jpg
189KB, 859x229px
>>782585
Forgot pic, you dont even have to be on psychadelics to trip out on the view.

>>781599
>>781748
>>781606
Trash can definitely be abundant as festivals. I know the mass camping is in a big field away from the venue, where they have workers come through and clean as much as they can like twice a day.

>>782100
Sasquatch only sold about half the tickets this year that they did last year and there was still 13k people there. Still field camping, still got our campiste fucking robbed, still the best time of my life.

>>782180
Festival tickets usually cost too much money for someone to go just for that. It is a common desire though seeing that is the one vacation in some peoples year. Not hard to understand at all.

I am suprised at how many festival haters are in this thread. I come to this board very rarely and it is always so shitty.

Anyways, festivals provide experiences unlike any other. Can't wait to go to Pemberton next year.
>>
File: MG_9553.jpg (479KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
MG_9553.jpg
479KB, 1100x733px
>>782585
oh, yeah, looks super /out/

i don't deny that being outside adds to the atmosphere and experience to an event like this, but it's still about /mu/ and /soc/, not /out/. like i keep saying, an outdoor football game is better than an indoor football game, but it's still /sp/ not /out/

>inb4 b-but we wuz camping
and so do people waiting for a new star wars movie, or sneakers, or iphone. are they /out/? no, they're not. they're /tv/, /fa/ and /g/.
>>
OP just ignore this faggot >>782598

I'm going to Electric Forest for the first time this year, my first big festival, any tips?
>>
>>782606
>any tips?
kill yourself
>>
>>782598
is that The Gorge Amphitheater?
>>
>>782616
google says it is (even says it's the same festival), and it looks like it based on this retard's pic >>782595
>>
>>782595
>I am suprised at how many festival haters are in this thread
"hey guys, why don't you love off-topic posts??? DURRRRRRRR"

>I come to this board very rarely and it is always so shitty.
I know right? maybe you should stop coming to this board all together.
>>
>>782280
Seriously though, any good, non electricity dependent ways of keeping a tent cool? would draping a tarp over it but making sure there is airspace between the tent and the tarp keep it cool or would it just create excess moisture and condensation?

also, any good tips on battling condensation? or do i just have a shitty tent? seems nomatter what tents i use, from the cheap as fuck the the wallethurtingly expensive, condensation is a pervailing problem
>>
>>782608
was going to say this
>>
>>783773
Hold your breath through the night. Should solve your problem.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.