[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing & Tackle Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 60

File: image.jpg (111KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 500x750px
#49- "Casuals Pls Go" Edition

Previous Thread:
>>779080

Memorial Day weekend is open, so hopefully everybody's fishing spots will be a bit more quiet. No more kids and fiestas at the lake.

Miami anon finally caught a fish. Pepsi finally caught a keeper. Skid is gonna kill himself towing a kayak. Mainebub is keeping his river spot.

Talk about fishin'
>>
File: 13102427.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
13102427.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
First for our new dank meme Sir Nibblesworth
>>
>>781351
Brah.. now THATS a dank meme
>>
>>781343
>casuals pls go
>implying well known professional fisherman are good portion of /out/
>>
>when it turns out your rapala was caught on a dead branch

The fishing gods shine upon me today
>>
>>781373
>accidentally cast your line over a branch
>fish hits your lure and pulls the line down
>>
>>781362
I'm talkin the people that fish twice a year and wanna come crowd up my spots on the 3-day weekends.
>>
>>781380
Do people really do this? That just sounds like something a crazy new gf who's trying to make it seem like she's cool before she takes it all in a divorce
>>
>>781378
> this happens
> second treble hook gets snagged
> line ends up snapping
> fish doesn't fall back down

I felt like such a jackass I had to stop fishing for the day
>>
File: 1463917568506.jpg (124KB, 548x593px) Image search: [Google]
1463917568506.jpg
124KB, 548x593px
>fishing with rubber frog lure
>hail Mary skyscraper cast engage
>asshole hawk snatches $8 lure
>mfw
>>
>it's another bluegill gets all 6 barbs on a crick hopper stuck episode
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>it's a somebody starts playing fetch with their dog 10ft away episode

Why does this happen all the time? Do people really think that hucking a log into the water so there 100lb lab can chase it then knock over my tackle box is acceptable? Guy even had the nerve to ask me to put away my cutbait so his dog wouldn't get into it.
>>
>>781396
Mace the dog like a true sc/out/
>>
>>781415
I get that I'm the odd one out fishing in an urban park and it's a wealthy area so I'm not worried about Jamal letting his pitbulls off leash but people need to learn how to keep their dogs out of other people's shit unless they ask
>>
>>781387
>casting off a breakwater
>seagull flies into line
What a fucking mess.
>>
Gonna hit up a local tackle shop that I've never been to before

Apparently it's pretty large and they specialize in out-of-production lures

Should be interesting
>>
>>781396
"put your dog away before he gets hooked "
then change over to trebles
>>
File: 20160528_095507.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160528_095507.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
Went fishing saturday, got my limit of trout. biggest one on top, approx 18"
>>
>>781450
How to you handle eviscerating a fish? I can't get myself to watch them suffer.. I just hit it over the head with something and they are /out/ like a light
>>
>>781452
Fish don't feel pain bruh.
>>
>>781453
arguably fish ( Do infact) feel pain, Now Do they feel it the same way as humans,? to they perceive it the same? Thats arguable, and i highy doubt it
>>
>>781453
They sure as fuck look like they do
>>
>>781452
I usually cut their throat and then whack em in the head with the back of my knife.

Then I usually hold them while they bleed out and talk to them until they die
>>
File: tube-diving-crankbait.jpg (16KB, 422x261px) Image search: [Google]
tube-diving-crankbait.jpg
16KB, 422x261px
when do you just accept that a pond is not good fishing?
I've spend 3 days for a total of 12hrs fishing every part of this pond and caught fuckall.

I see the fish, I see some decent bass, they see the lure, and they couldn't care less.
I've used spoons, crankbait, spinnerbaits, topwater, soft plastic grubs, crawfish, and worms, frog lures, and nothing works.
>>
>>781457
My experience has been that fish will not react to being cut open unless I cut through the lateral line or brain . I'm not a scientist but I suspect that they notice the sensation but don't associate it with "pain". Anecdotally, I don't think bass could feed like they do if pressure on their internal organs caused them discomfort
>>
>>781461
Damn
>>
>>781452
Just stab the brain quick and easy.
>>
>>781463
How pressured is the pond? Also what is the terrain and structure like?
>>
>>781463
Holy Shit you suck haha, you literally tried everything in the book.
Is the water under 50°? If it is that's why
>>
>>781466
Thats the same as me clubbing them isn't it? There's no blood draining effect with stabbing brain
>>
>>781470
Its a Jap thing I guess they know how to go about killing fish. Have a read here, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikejime
>>
>>781473
OK sweet thanks
>>
>>781463
Have you tried a Zoom™ Lizard in Chartreuse?

You could also try downsizing or upsizing your lures, and going S L O W. Super slow. Or using something like a swim/crank bait burn it by them as fast as you can and try for a reaction strike.
>>
>>781440
Sounds cool.

>>781425
People are just ignorant and stupid in general. Like 20min ago, I'm trying to back a 46' trailer into this tight alley and some cunt in an Acura pulls up right behind me. I just keep inching back and they (I'm assuming she because women don't understand how trailers work) pull up even further but to the side where my tractor needs to turn. So I just threw my hand out the window like "what are you trying to do?" and finally watched them pull an 8-pt turn and go around. I'm also assuming it was a woman because they could've easily just backed up straight instead of the 8-point turn.

>>781436
Watching birds fly into line is funny because they get freaked out
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>781450
Nice senpai. I caught six tr/out/ yesterday and this one was the only keeper, and even that is marginal.

The water was crystal clear and they were spooked.
>>
File: image.jpg (336KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
336KB, 1280x960px
I recently bought my first boat, a used 1996 16ft duracraft. Problem is that when I use it water always gets in the boat from somewhere. I changed out drain plug so unless it's a tiny hole I can't see I'm assuming it's these two holes in the back of my boat. Do they go to a bilgepump or a live well? Could this be where the water is coming in from?
>>
>>781464
+1, I don't think their nervous system is anything like ours. And all they really know is food, predators, and mating.

>>781463
I know of a few clear water lakes like that. Not heavily pressured or anything but the fish only hit like 20% of the times I go.
>>
>>781478
I think that fast retrieve is what I need to try in those clear water lakes. That and moving along the shoreline a lot.
>>
File: 1553412.jpg (75KB, 620x324px) Image search: [Google]
1553412.jpg
75KB, 620x324px
My cousin has a school of almost entirely >3ft Longnose Gar that live off her dock. Gonna try and catch a biggun with a homemade rope lure soon but I've never fished Gar before.

Any tips?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>781490
They're tricky. Only time I ever get em to hit artificial stuff is if I make the lure look really wounded.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (108KB, 1365x805px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
108KB, 1365x805px
here's a very not detailed map of the pond/lake
X's mark where you can visibly see hundreds of baitfish, along with <8" bluegills and bass
Brown squares are fishing platforms that are set up
>>781467
not very, I've only seen 2 other people of the 3 days I've fished, most people just come to the park to walk

>>781468
it's over 50 for sure, maybe 65? we've had multiple 80+ days here so I can't think the water is cold anymore.

>>781478
Call me naive, but my state doesn't have lizards, so would bass really still go for them?
I have a chartreuse spinner and chartreuse plastic worms though.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>781496
Try the lizards anyway
>>
>>781496
>so would bass really still go for them?

They should. They might hit it just because it looks out of place. A lot of creature baits don't *really* look like anything and they work well.
>>
>>781485
Does anyone know anything about boats? I just need to know if water can come through the holes and into where my engine and battery is
>>
>>781502
I was gonna say this too. Like the brush hogs and even some worms. Just looks like an opportunistic meal
>>
>>781490
Jerk it side to side on the surface or a couple inches below. Set your drag as low as it goes and let them run with it until they stop. Then crank your drag back up and set it. That gives them time to tangle their teeth.
>>
File: bugger.jpg (38KB, 343x229px) Image search: [Google]
bugger.jpg
38KB, 343x229px
>>781496
Firstly
The lizzards actually imitate salamanders
Secondly
Does pic related look like it imitates anything? And yet it's one of the most sudcessfull flies I can think of.
>>
>>781496
Are there any feeder creeks? Try fishing the mouth of those after a rain. Pond fishing can be tough. Sometimes fish can be very particular. I tossed about 6 different lures at two bass yesterday and they could have cared less. Then I switched to a red streamer fly and caught both of them on the first two casts. As far as I know I'm the only one ever fishing that spot
>>
>>781515
Chunky bass anon?
>>
>>781510
I think wooly buggers kinda look like baitfish the same way curly tail grubs do
>>
>>781503
I saw that thread, sucks /out/ is so slow and full of bicycle riders. Did you ever find out if that bilge pump works? Maybe there is another forum for bass boats or you could try /o/ since there are a few mechanics and people who wrench.
>>
File: image.jpg (560KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
560KB, 1536x2048px
>>781520
Yeah. I'm fishing a bigger creek that flows through a large city. It gets a bad rap as being polluted so nobody fishes it. There's a park with probably half a mile of frontage on both sides 2 minutes from my place so I've been fishing it during the afternoons. I've heard that during the winter the bass and panfish run out into the river and rainbows run upstream into the city.

I'm gonna go out after work today and see if I can catch some of the flatheads that live in it. Not a great place to catch big fish but it's been a good place to practice. The water is clear and shallow enough that I can watch my entire retrieve which has really helped me figure out what these fish react to

The colors on the fish are unreal. caught this redbreast? Yesterday right after the chunky bass
>>
>>781461
I don't believe in animal spirits and such but I still thank the fish for their sacrifice. It's just a balance in the universe thing to me.
>>
>>781549
Damn, that is a crazy color. I don't think I have ever caught one with the blue running down the side like that. The ones I have gotten with a dark orange belly are normally pretty dark green on top.

That one is a sunfish I think, they have the bigger mouths and longer bodies compared to bluegill and pumkinseeds. I used to get a lot of green sunfish on Rapalas and Mepps, those are cool looking. Same blue markings by the eyes. There are a ton of different species of bream.
>>
>>781558
I think it's a long ear sunfish
>>
>>781553
Same here, I'm an avid hunter and fisherman, and even though I eat everything I kill and make sure it's a good age. I still die a little inside upon killing them, and I thank them.
But it is in my nature and it's what needs to be done
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>781532
Thanks man, the bilge pump makes a sound when I turn it on but I'm not sure if it actually pumps water out of the boat. I see that it connects to a tube that goes through the side of the boat but I don't see an opening anywhere on the side for it to shoot water out of. Apparently water doesn't go through the holes into the boat (which doesn't make sense to me but w/e) but water could be leaking in through the sides of the holes? It doesn't make sense at all to me actually.

Guess I'll ask /o/
>>
Well... The spare parts for my old Spro reel should be arriving soon.

They didnt get the bail itself, but i guess i only need that if i fuck up the original one.

I will get all the screws and springs i need.
How do i go about unstucking this though...
(will follow up with pics tomorrow)
>>
just spent the last close to 2hrs trapped in 5ft of mud after I slipped off a log I was casting from.
turns out the mud next to a creek flowing into a pond is causes a quicksand like effect

good thing we live in a world of smart phones where I can find and search the park rangers phone line.
>>
>>781684
If that smartphone didn't take pics, you done fucked up.

And that sediment mud at the bottom of lakes is a bitch. One of the lakes I was at with Miami anon, a hook or something got caught right on the little dropoff and she was debating wading through what looks like a a foot or two of water until I mentioned how I thought I could do the exact same thing at that lake months earlier and ended up knee deep in mud with the water up to my waist.

>>781641
So what all did you order and what did they want for it? Didn't you but a whole new reel too?
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>781684
Sheeit. Glad you didn't died. That happened to me once when I was pulling my yak across a low spot in a creek. Good thing I had the yak to use to pull myself out.
>>
>>781684
Glad your here to post anon.. you really are one LUCKY mother fucker
>>
>>781684
>>781694
>>781697

I'm glad I'm like 140-150 lbs and quick on my feet. I always get out of stuff like that quick
>>
>>781694
Guy just axed for my address. They ordered the parts straight from Spro, and he didnt mention any money, and I am not stupid enough to ask lol.

I just ordered some small parts of the reel, line roller, screws, washers, spring etc.
They didnt hook me up with a new bail tho.

Yes i did get a new reel, just like the one im gonna fix.
>>
>>781739
I had another bad experience like that on my jet skis in a river a couple years back. Me and a buddy wanted to beach them somewhere new, hopped off in a couple feet of water and started sinking in. Had to pull myself up with the jet ski.

I'm not a huge fan of the water outside of pools. Which sucks because I live minutes away from the ocean which feels like a heated pool with the Gulfstream.

>>781741
Did a tackle shop order the parts or something?

Those little parts are normally suprisingly cheap. Just a pain to find em sometimes. I know the little gear I need for that Abu reel is only a couple bucks.
>>
dude in a kayak just pulled in a big bass right near where I'm casting

I had a big bass throw a Mepps on his first breach

Fuck

Now I'm kinda just waiting for the sun to go down a bit and I'll start throwing a popper
>>
>>781763
I'm still sad about the bass that jumped 4' plus out of the water and threw the hook the other day. It was crazy to see a bass jump that high though.

How big was the Mepps? I have been throwing those a bit when it gets totally dark. I like the poppers as soon as the wind calms down in the late afternoon, but they haven't been getting shit lately with the warm water.
>>
File: byebyefeesh.jpg (30KB, 497x280px) Image search: [Google]
byebyefeesh.jpg
30KB, 497x280px
>>781483
Nice brown m8. I did pretty well this weekend on browns. total was 4 from shore, and 23 from the boat. Kept the smallest one for camp dinner. Let the rest go, pic related
>>
>>781765
It was a 4

Wind is starting to pick up here so looks like poppers are out

Shallow crank it is then
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Has anybody here ever casted and landed a lure like directly on a fish on accident? I'm not talking about a fish you can see, but rather casting like normal and a fish jumps out right when it lands.

I have had it happen to me 3 times in the past month or so. The one time I think it actually landed right on the fish's dome because I heard a lil thump. The other two times were right on top and the fish jumped away from it.

>>781773
Damn, that sucks.
#4's are probably my favorite size lately but bass can shake anything loose if they try hard enough and you don't hit them just perfect.

Poppers will still get hits with a mild chop too. Sometimes I think it is almost better than totally calm water. All depends where the bass are though. If they are hitting poppers, they will probably take the crank too but poppers are just so much fun.
>>
>>781779
Yeah I usually have success fishing shallow crankbaits in the evening

Annnnnd I just snapped off my favorite one

What a shit day
>>
>>781779
I was using one of those curly tail storm minnows and when I cast it landed on the bank. So I give it a solid yank and it flew free and right as it landed in the water a bass hit it. Pretty neat.
>>
bo fishing today for me, Worked on my strawberry plants and shot a handfull of chipmunks
>>
>>781787
Damn I feel so much better now...

The guy in the kayak came back over this way and saw my crankbait floating in the water and brought it over to me

What a cool dude

Thank you kayakbro
>>
I have gotten some inline spinner because you guys like them

I am not catching anything

How are you supposed to mess this up? You just reel in and twitch it sometimes right?

I thought they would be good in cloudy water
>>
>>781298
so this lure was left to die for a very obvious reason.
The smallest amount of weed/slime/foliage completely throws off the lures balance and sends it into a crash and fatal spin.

which is a damn shame, because I had lost my diving crankbait later
>>
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>781801
How are you not catching stuff? Everything hits them for me. Only exception is the bass in warm water that refuse to hit anything besides Texas rigs but even they still hit them sometimes. When the water is cooler, they slam em in the late afternoon.
>>
>tfw when dicks still hasn't shipped my reels

They had a whole weekend to proccess that shit.

>>781804
I've found a lot of cranks will do that. Weeds kill the action on a lot of lures.
>>
>>781805
Hmm my local lakes have like bluegills, crappie, pickerel, perch, bass, catfish and carp.

could it really be too warm for them? Am i cranking them too fast? Too slow?
>>
>>781809
Or is it like i need to use a leader? Right now im using 10lb mono straight but i could get something leader if the visibility of the line is deterring fish
>>
>>781809
Fish could just not be biting, or you're using the wrong color lures, who knows. I haven't had much luck at most of the local lakes either, I'm going to try using live minnows sometime soon and see if that changes things.
>>
File: 20160531_203213.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160531_203213.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Do I hook it at the top or the middle?

Neither has the lure running properly
>>
>>781834
remoe the snap swiel from the bottom, ad TIE your line to the middle of the v shape
has to be tied
>>
>>781825
I've never once used a leader for bass fishing and I've been fishing for the past 15 years
>>
>>781805
I never have any luck with them down in Georgia. Lots of luck with top water an wacky rigs but I've used mepps and Panthers and rooster tails and only caught two fish. Both were brown trout caught dressed mepps but both hit it as soon as it dropped into the water columb
>>
Good news: my packages are shipping
I've got a second spool for my 8 weight in the mail, along with my Cabellas order

Weird news: I'm worried about this wire thread
I can cut it with a knife and that worries me about Its bite resistance
I really would rather not lose a 5 dollar fly because my fucking wire was bitten through
>>
>>781880
What are you setting up the 8 for? Pike?
>>
>>781887
your moms anus
>>
>>781887
Pike and if some things fall in to place mackerel and bluefish, maybe flounder, cobia, drums, and anything else that I say "Fuck it" and cast to
I've got 49 strand 20 pound test wire thread (I think it's thinner than #15 mono)
>>
File: 1458420182972.png (244KB, 748x815px) Image search: [Google]
1458420182972.png
244KB, 748x815px
caught my second fish today at >>781496
this pond is really unforgiving.
ran into a guy today, said he had been fishing for years here, said the largest bass he's caught was 15"

should I just abandon it and find a new place to fish?
>>
>>781925
What state are you in? Any rivers or big creeks around?
>>
>>781932
Ohio, but by me there's only the Chagrin and Cuyahoga, both of which are shallow as fuck and only good for trout
>>
>>781925
If you have a light/ultra light rod set up you may have to really downsize and finesse it up. Or try going really big.
>>
>>781939
>good for trout
I'm coming over!
>>
File: image.jpg (258KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
258KB, 960x1280px
>>781878
>>781871
>>781828
>>781825
>>781809
>>781805
Im gonna try a 6lb leader before tying on the mepps. The worst thing that happens is i get a snag and lose it.

I got a hunch that maybe the 10lb line is absorbing the action like how heavier line will make other crankbaits look shitty

And if i use a lighter leader, it might produce more vibrations when spinning

Anyway ill test my theory tomorrow. I got a gold #3 and the firetiger color #3 ready to try.
>>
>>781343
Pepsi/kvd
Next fishing General pic plox?
>>
>>781990
Nigga is that you? Dude you been snorting creatine every time you catch a fish?
>>
>>782053
I wish that was me, I just think he's hot
>>
Alright so I live in sc and have two ponds that are separated by a tiny land bridge. The big, new one stays nice and full year round and i have bass, bluegill, crappie, and shellcracker therein. I'm the guy that asks questions about fish management from time to time. The other pond is old as hell and maybe half the size of a football field or so. Used to catch some NICE bass outta there but every few years the water level gets low as fuck and most fish die. So now it's covered in weeds. I was planning on poisoning the weeds, but there's so much that their decaying will inevitably drain all the oxygen and kill any fish left alive.
In this area many decades ago, redfin pike were common. I've never seen one in my lifetime tho. My grandfather tells me the same few stories every time I see him about catching them when he was a boy. His old home place still belongs to him, and on it is this little branch (think a tiny swamp that sometimes dries nearly completely) that he used to catch pike in.
I am going to poison my old pond, and see if I can catch some pike in that branch to stock it with, and it should be their ideal habitat. I'm about half drunk, so yall let me know if there are any flaws in this plan. My fishing dick is getting hard at the thought of this working.
>>
>>782057
He is hot and I'm not even gay.
>>
>>781794
This isn't your blog.
>>
>>782062
I'm afraid I've got some news for you anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x2448px
Caught some nice bluegill on my 2 piece pole yesterday. Also looked at a fly shop near me, this place is fucking sweet.
>>
>>782103
How much you reckon they weigh or how long were they?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 2448x2448px
I picked up some size 20 hooks and 2.5 lb line for micro species, and bought a single size 20 nymph to try out on creek roach or sunfish.
>>
>>782105
Not huge by any means but enough to keep. Caught one spawning 'gill on that rubber craw.
>>
File: 20160530_213216.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160530_213216.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>782108
Right on. I was in here bragging the other night about me and my buddy tearing up the bluegill and crappie in my pond. It's really small, like maybe a half acre or a little better, so I'm of the understanding that if I apply heavy pressure to the bream and crappie, especially, I should be able to cultivate a few nice bass or a trophy crappie or two.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>782116
Sounds awesome, my dream is to own a pond and manage it so there is God-tier bluegill fishing and maybe a few smallmouth.
>>
>>782123
Do you own any property and have any free time? If you have some land and not much money I imagine you could dig with a shovel in a summer (too drunk to do the math that I normally would regarding soil on average shovel load x number of shovel loads to equal a decent pond) a pond that would meet your needs. If you want a bluegill pond there is an abundance of info on the Internet to tell you how to set it up right from the get go. Where do you live?
>>
>>782128
Not really going to happen in the near future, but I'll certainly look into the facts on it. Anything in particular you would recommend?
>>
>>782134
From my very limited understanding, it seems key that before stocking a forage base must be established, whether that means some type of minnow that doesn't grow too large or whatever. Aditionally, culling seems important, and above all else, from what I read, if you want trophy bluegill you're going to have to regularly feed them.
>>
>>781990
I got u

>>782066
Let's not forget whose blog this is

>>781834
Like hatcheryanon said. No snap swivels on spinners, tie the line to that bend in the wire
>>
>>781450
>18"
that's a beauty
>>
>>781452
>how kill fish?
>>781466
>stab brain
1000X this
>>
>>781779
>landed a lure directly on a fish on accident
I do it on purpose all the time. That's how you snag bait fish/bunker. Cast into the school and reel in like a madman.
>>
>>782061
Don't poison the plants. Just take the time to rip as many out as you can. You'll need lots of weed cover for Redfin pike. Plus you'll need to stock it with baitfish preferably a bream species. Maybe stock a grass carp in there for future weed control
>>
>>782134
I dammed up a creek on my moms land back in high school and stocked it with a few bullheads that I caught out of the local river. It was maybe 50ft long, 6ft wide, and 5ft deep. The trick to keeping them fed was to take a can of wet dog food, punch a bunch of pencil sized holes into the sides right near the bottom and the very top and hang it over the water. A can would drop maggots like crazy for a week or so and go those fish real fat. Had some native species of shiners take up home.

This creek bed was deep but I took time to widen it at the bottom so I could get filler clay for my earthworks dam. Don't underestimate how much labor that is. Took me probably 4 weeks of afternoons to build a six foot tall clay and stone dam with a weir spillway
>>
>>781751
Yeah, a tackle store, but i was pointed to them by Spro Europe, as the store is the Spro distributor for Croatia.
>>
>>782061
First
Put a grass carp in there
It will keep vegetation down
Don't worry about poison
Next
Get gills and other small fish in there
Maybe frogs too
Frogs are good. The tadpoles feed small fish and big fish will eat them too
Not to mention they do all that without depleting food in the pond
SHINERS
H
I
N
E
R
S

They're wrotty little bastards that eat the algae and feed fish of all sizes
Catfish are important; gotta have scavengers

Once you have all these things going
Then you can get your pike
>>
Can anyone recommend a good moderately priced ultralight reel? I'm running a really cheap Zebco right now and it's caught a lot of fish but I'd like something that's a little bit nicer
>>
Looks like my 8 weight is on the way
>dat hype doe
>>
File: QuickMemo+_2016-06-01-11-48-34.png (62KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
QuickMemo+_2016-06-01-11-48-34.png
62KB, 320x480px
>>782361
Forgot pic
>>
>>782357
Well, I'm down with the grass carp but there may still be a few bass in there, idk, that would devour a grass carp when it's young. I know there are little bream still in there. As for catfish, I want to avoid that because I don't want them to get into my other pond and compete with the already excessive number of species there. We've already got frogs out the ass tho.
>>
>>782359
Shakespeare makes some good entry level stuff.
>>
>>782359
shimano sienna is highly liked by these threads
if youre looking for something a bit nicer, i reccently picked up a diawa legalis and its very nice,
>>
>>782378
No no catch one that's already a few pounds
And maybe cat fish would be bad if they got In there so maybe pass on those
Fathead minnows might be nice to have too
Buy like a gross and let them loose
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Good news:

Inline spinners work!

Bad news:

I SNAGGED BOTH OF MINE AND LOST THEM :(
>>
>>782378
in alot o places it is highly illegal to transport, or introduce grass carp to any new bodys of water, IN my state you not only need permits for transfering ay fish, but you need speial permits to transport grass carp
>>
do you guys order lures online? Where do you guys order lures?
>>
>>782393
I don't think it'll matter if it's in his pond though? Transporting it might be illegal though.
>>
>>782399
in my state even if the pond is privatley owned you need to aquire permits from the state ( and maybe town?) to introduce grass carp,
Since they can be so detremental to the environment
and i think the fines are absolutley enormous if you do that without the states permission
>>
>>782395
Bass pro catalog :^)
>>
Shit I've already put grass carp in there years ago without any trouble. They've since died, and likely would again in thay old pond. Because that pond just gets so low, I don't think a grass carp would even reach maturity. Lemme see if I've got any pictures of the bass I caught in there as a kid. Here we go. Ignore the jew fro.
>>
>>782405
Just check your laws before doing it again, you dont want to end up with thousands of dollars worth of fines and a pond with all the fish killed because you introduced an invasive species and they needed to make sure thet all got killed
>>
>>782401
Ok i will check it out but your :^) concerns me
>>
>>782407
I wouldn't tell the law if I did decide to put any in there, but I'm not going to anyway because they'd just die anyway.
>>
>>782410
even if you dont tell them theres always a miniscule chance someone finds out etc and shit goes downhill
>>
>>782411
You're right. I really do think I'm just gonna have to poison it now while the water is high and take my chances with a fish kill. I really do want to catch some redfin pike because they have an almost mythical status around here due to everyone's grandparents literally surviving on them as kids. But when farming went down the ditches were no longer kept up and so they've gotten rare as hens teeth.
>>
>>782413
dont poison it, weed growth is good ( unless its invasive) my best bass pond is small ( maybe half an acre if that ) and gets weeded to the surface every summer
>>
>>782408
Bass pro has a good selection but they will absolutely rape your wallet.

Also
>not supporting your local bait shop
That's heresy onii-chan.
>>
Okay so I'm going to go out and test my 8 weight when I get it just to see how it casts. I'm not expecting any fish (if it gets here in time to take to the water) but I'm hoping to at least play with it some
>>
>>782416
Seconded
If you can find it at the local bait shop its worth an extra dollar or two
Where will you get minnows if they go under?
>>
>>782419
>>782416
The only reason I order flies online is because none of the local airships carry any and I'm not ready to go two hours one way to some little fly shop that hAs only steelhead flies for only 4 months out of the year in the hopes of finding a pattern I want
>>
>>782415
Let me go take a picture so you know what I'm talking about.
>>
>>782416
The mom and pop shops by my house rape my wallet. It's much cheaper ordering online and in bulk. I've pretty much always used tacklewarehouse, but the selection isnt that great for some types of lure
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
>>
>>782425
The witch doctor shrank his head
>>
>>782433
That's the ideal body type for getting an eyeball yanked out by a fishhook
>>
>>782433
Kek

He had a little fight in him too

Voodoo shit going down around these parts
>>
>>782419
None of the local ones I have been to hwve shit for lures (especially freshwater) plis Bass Pro is only 15min away.

I had a good one in IL and same dude owned it since I can remember. Good lure selection and he would hook it up if you spent money there.

Wirh some stuff I feel like Bass Pro carries too much of one thing but not the ones I want. Like when I was lookin for that chartruese Booyah spinner. Didn't have that but had half an aisle of War Eagle spinners that were all almost the same.
>>
>>782445
just ordered $50 worth of shit directly from manufacturer eelp
>>
>>782445
>>782447
plus i forgot one thing i wanted to try but dont want to speb $5 on shipping for a $3 lure
>>
>>782447
Isnt that significantly more expensive than retail or even online distributor?!
>>
>>782454
significantly cheaper, buying the soft plastics, plus muh more color selection, Got 50 pieces of soft plastic for twice the price what 10 pieces normally costs instore
>>
>>782452
though im really pissed about this desu good news is thats a crank that i probably wouldnt have used much
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-01-14-05-14.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-01-14-05-14.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>782423
Sorry it took so long. I got busy shooting snakes lol. The whole pond looks like this.
>>
>>782455
!

Maybe soft plastics work different or something

Usually for crankbaits or spinners they charge an arm and a leg if you want to order from the manufacturer. It makes sense though. it would actually hurt sales if they compete with retail

I think mepps even has a disclaimer urging you to go buy their lures from other sites or be prepared to pay extra.
>>
>>782462
it s a somewhat small company, buying from manufacturer si same price as store costs, but on the site, they sell them in packs of 50 compared to store they sell them in smaller quantities
>>782461
looks line a nice pond to me, Hows the weeds under the sutface? looks like you just have duckweed on the surface?
and its fine, when im not out fishing , i go walk around my house every half hour or so a nd shoot the fucking chipmunks
>>
>>782461
Net that shit out and compost it. Just drink beer while you scoop it out
>>
>>782476
What company?
>>
>>782476
I don't think there's too much under the surface really. What do you think I should do? It used to be clear and i caught such nice bass and titty bream in there. Even 1 or 2 crappie.
>>
>>782478
Lol like with a pool net?
>>
>>782492
Nah just cast a Rooster tail through it. That's how I skim my pool.
>>
File: future-president-trump.jpg (36KB, 650x371px) Image search: [Google]
future-president-trump.jpg
36KB, 650x371px
>>782494
>>
File: image.jpg (124KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 640x1136px
Me with a northern pike last summer.
He was dinner that night.
>>
>>782490
honestly, id give the idea of skimming it with a pool net a shot, , if theres shit on the bottom you can buy a weed razor and supposedly they work half decent
>>782487
leland lures, the ones who make trout magnets, im a big fan of them for catching near about anything
>>
>>782461
That's water?>>782462
>>
I hope yall used that code Bass Pro had for 1 dolla shipping since Truex won that coke 600
>>
should i go try to get some bass and pickerel, or should i go to the river and catch some rockbass , qand maybe try to get a trout
>>
>>782579
>lrn2namefag yuro
>>
File: 20160601_164825.jpg (927KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_164825.jpg
927KB, 2048x1350px
Got a package today
Pic 1/2
>>
File: feesh (1).jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
feesh (1).jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
so far, on 4 trips to the same lake, i've caught 2 crappie, 60 sunnies, and 8 small mouth bass

but a bunch of yuppies have lawns near the lake so i'd die of fertilizer poisoning if I ate anything
>>
>>782601
but that's a large mouth
>>
File: 004.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
004.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>782612
that picture is from last year at the same lake
i haven't dumped my phone yet
>>
>>782599
Here is the fly rod
I like it a lot
When l do my part I get nice tight loops (like 3 feet and under)
Granted I've got 7 weight line on there I'll try 8 when I get my New spool
Canr wait to get it on the water
>>
File: 20160601_165118.jpg (886KB, 2048x1350px) Image search: [Google]
20160601_165118.jpg
886KB, 2048x1350px
>>782637
Forgot pic
>>
File: image.jpg (149KB, 640x670px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
149KB, 640x670px
>>782599
I got one today too. That Okuma feels a lot more solid than I thought it would be. I wish the bail on the siennas would lock open a little sturdier, but for $20 a piece I can't really complain.
>>
>guy in much spot when I get on the lake at noon
>come back every couple of hours and he's there the whole fucking day

What's the best lure to bash a nigga's head in? I'm thinking a box of half oz weights.
>>
>>782720
>much spot

Muh spot phone please I'm trying to shitpost.
>>
>>782666
Checked
>>
>>782720
I got some nice 3oz pyramid weights you can borrow

>>782666
Same way I felt about the Okuma spinning reel. Still no complaints, especially for the price. They look good too.

>>782599
Damn, you might be worse than me skid. Especially since I know you don't make much money.

Prostitution might seem like a good idea at first, but pls be careful.
>>
>>782743
Yeah I think I'm gonna put it on one of those berkley rods you're always talking about. I'm just not sure what I'm gonna use it for so idk what line/rod action I'll get it.
>>
>>782755
Bass Pro will have a good selection of them. Just tell them to match the Walmart price on them, they want $50 for the Shock and it is $40 at Walmart normally.
>>
>>782743
>>782755
Whoops forgot my trip
>>
>>782759
Damn the nearest bass pro is an hour away. I won't worry too much about the $10 tho. Does Gander price match?
>>
glow in the dark lures?
crank baits with a LED inside of it?
are these things?
>>
easiest way to kill a fish is to break its neck senpai
>>
>>782461
thanks for the black boxes by the way
>>
>>782766
I'm sure they do

>>782772
I have seen some super expensive ones with batteries that make noise, they have a display at Bass Pro. I'd rather not catch anything than start unironically using that stuff. Or just use live bait.

I think one of my little bags of Panfish Assassin soft plastics glow tho. Never used em at night.
>>
>>782648
nice feet
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>782776
Good to know
>>
>>782400
Just looked into this out of curiosity, and in my state (Kansas) you can only stock grass carp that are commercially bred to be sterile.
>>
Any tips for stocked channel cats in a pond?
>>
>>782743
>Damn, you might be worse than me skid
That's only half the order, too
I'm bad I know
I've also got a 1917 mauser I got for 100 bucks (bubba had his way with her already) so I'm going to build a coyote gun out of some day (should be about a 500-700 dollar build before glass)
But I digress
I'm also saving up for a kayak then doing a build on that and such

Maybe I'll build something that looks like a cross between a kayak and a boat
Like in the center it has a console like a kayak but with a triangular footprint of 3 pontoons
One main center pontoon and two to the rear sides
Or maybe just two pontoons
Idk
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 1280x720px
>>782794
>>
>>782802
Eh Fuck it I'll just rig one out of thick pic for a kaysk
>>
>>782815
Dick's had kayaks on sale for $149 and I thought it would be perfect for you.
>>
>>782564
Yes that's the weeds on the surface
>>
>>782780
What?
>>
>>782817
Whaaaaat?
Fuck I missed it.
I just want to go out on the water.
>>
>>782832
I was there today. They are small and not sure where you would keep tackle, but only $149...
>>
>>782847
Oh. I want 10+ feet and over 300 pound capacity (250 pounds of me, 20-40 pounds of gear, then ?¿?¿? Pounds of fish)
>>
File: 238.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
238.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>782832
They have those at the Dick's near me too. Sunstream is the brand I think. Nowhere to store gear and no rod holders but you could make it work.
>>
>>782855
But not with those requirements. Also not optimum for ocean.
>>
>>782859
Psh, he will be fine...
>>
>>782743
i think you are the worst, im close second a nd skid is thurd, or tied with me
>>782787
>>782787
worth knowing
>>782859
what did you carve your min floats out of ? i cant find styrofoam that isnt large chunks so i haent been able to make anything too smooth
>>
>>782856
I'm going to be getting a plastic yak and getting at it with a heat gun to do a little reshaping to make some places for rodholders and a cooler and tackle box
Then also a mount for an outrigger
>>
>>782868
I use pieces of wine cork
Not real cork the foamy rubbery ones
>>
>>782870
sounds good, the shit i used for my mouse lures would be pefec but its such a bitch to mold,
>targeting a state record fish
>most boring state record fish
oh well
>>
>>782868
Texas dude just bought 3 reels. I have been trying to cut back but still end up spending ~$50/wk on little shit. I think last weekend I spent $60 or $70, and the weeknd before like $75. I should chill on the lures and stuff, I'm thinkin about another memecaster now since I have been using them a lot.
>>
>>782874
this i just got in a $100 rod and $60 or so worth of lures, Then today i just spent another $50 on little shit, Soon i will spend another 20-30 But get it for free cause cabellas cash
>>
File: 234.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>782868
I use an extremely sharp knife to "whittle" regular packaging styrofoam into floats. For the really small ones i just cut a little cube and put a slit in the side to grip the line with.
>>
>>782883
i have knives that are easily shaving sharp but i keep fucking up, i guess i keep rushing it
>>
>>782886
Tiny shavings
And use your thinnest knife
Profile is as important as edge for finesse work.
>>782881
>>782874
I spent more than half of this paycheck on fishing shit
>>
File: 2016-06-01 21.09.17.png (984KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-01 21.09.17.png
984KB, 1280x720px
Who /9pmcomfyduskfishing/ here?
>>
>>782894
shortly before my last rod i spent another $120 on an ultralight, The second i get a steady income im going to be spending a shit ton of money on fishing shit
>>
>>782894
If I had to choose between a knife with a 20° scandi grind and 1/8 inch spine sharpened to 10k grit and a 1/16th inch blade with a double bevel of 13° and then 17° sharpened to 600 grit for finesse carving...
>>
>>782901
Skid pls...
>>
>>782901
>not full flat grind
cmon skidster, its like you dont even like slicing through everything
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>782895
That's about when I start packing up. Lure fishing gets annoying in the dark. Plus it's past my bedtime. If they are biting though, I will keep going until it stops.
>>
Is a roboat worth it anymore or is everyone on kayaks? I kinda want a cooler with me.
>>
>>782874
Lol I'm the same with spending $50 a week. I'll go into the store looking for hooks and end up with a couple bags of plastics and maybe a crank or two. It truly is an addiction.
>>
>>782918
can fit a small cooler on a kayak with a bit of engineering and some bungy cords
>>
>>782919
>>782874
Not to mention I'm probably gonna get rods and power pro for them tomorrow...
>>
>>782918
The bigger fishing kayaks have room to strap a cooler down.

I think I would rather get an aluminum rowboat (maybe with a trolling motor) but being able to strap a kayak to the roof instead of a trailer is so tempting.
>>
>>782924
plus the whole deal with not needing a boating license for a self powered vwatercraft, and not needing it to be egestered
>>
>>782927
I'd love a sail and oar, but three quarters of the time there isn't enough wind on protected lakes, plus sailing after dusk is questionable at best.
>>
>>782936
I'm sketched out about being in a yak after dark since it sits so low to the water. I'm worried some drunk fuck will run me over lol.
>>
>>782908
Depends on how wide the blade is. I love ffg on big bowies for sure
>>
>>782943
The shad run for shallows at dusk, best time to get largemouth and catfish bite at twilight.

A battery powered nav light isn't expensive. You only need a single white since you're so slow.
>>
>>782895
healthy delusion, or straight paranoia to walk back to my Knife drawn and ready
>>
>>782951
fuck, walk back to my car with my knife drawn
>>
>>782950
I turn my headlamp on ~15 minutes after it gets dark. Might have to look into one of those nav lights though. The lake that I normally yak doesn't usually have boats out at too late at night, but I'd like to go to some different locations eventually.
>>
>>782950
>>782954
15 minutes before*
>>
>>782951
I don't have it drawn but I've got my hand on it when I'm in nowhere fishing at night
>>
>>782951
Dangerous, because you might trip.
>>
>>782951
Have you considered purchasing a hand gun?
>>
>>781510
its a leech
>>
>>782968
It's a lot of things
>>
>>782964
> should bring handgun with me fishing
>too young
> why not just carry 12 gague
>realise everyone would panic an call policde
>carry knife instead
>>
>>783000
Legally they can't do dick though
>>
>>783000
If I'm fishing in a secluded spot after dark I usually keep my pistol on me just in case, but if I'm in a place where a game warden/police officer has easy access to I just stick with a knife. Tbh I'm more scared of running into a pissed off animal than a person though.
>>
>>783005
isturbing the peace, and scaring peope is a crime nowadays,
>>
>>783032
It's not disturbing the peace, it's you excersizing your second amendment right
You have as much right to walk around with a shotgun slung over my shoulder as I do to walk down main street in only a Speedo- it might piss people off but legally I'm not doing anything
Disturbing the peace is playing in the water fountain and splashing people who walk by; not excersizing your rights
>>
>>783037
tell the police that
>>
>>783038
The police won't care you imbecile
>>
>>783040
the police most certainly do care if you walk past ball fields of kids with a shotgun on your back
>>
>>783041
Is it a posted gun free zone?
>>
>>783044
no but theyre stilll bound to show up , and give a hard time and make a scene ,
>>
>>783008

Story time - no greentext.

My father in-law is out on Toledo Bend night fishing in some cove with a friend. Suddenly they hear a motor putting nearby and the spotlight hits them from the cove entrance. My Father in-law tells them repeatedly to get the light out of their face. The last time he says it, he has lifted up the boat seat and has his hand on his .357 in the seat box when - "Game warden!!". He drops the gun closes the seat box. The game warden probably knew what he was doing but never said anything. My Father in-law never put the .357 in the boat again (still kept a Derringer in his truck ash tray though).
>>
File: bass june 1 2016.jpg (60KB, 715x1126px) Image search: [Google]
bass june 1 2016.jpg
60KB, 715x1126px
Report from Northeast oligotrophic lakes...

Smallmouth fishing is starting to heat back up, possibly post-spawn already? Water was still only 63. But caught a few >16" SMB today, not sure if they were females but definitely a bigger class fish than I was catching last week. Stop and go crankbait retrieve seems to be the key for bigger fish. I'd be trolling around and only catching small ones, then as soon as I started casting and using a stop-go I'd hook the bigger fish.

Largemouth...yet to catch a single one this year. Out of the probably hundreds of smallmouth. By July though on my lake it will start to be the reverse.

Perch seem to be roaming around in very tight suspended schools in 20-35 fow and as soon as dawn breaks they bite anything that moves. I caught two 12"ers jigging but wind this morning made it hard to stay on top of the schools.

Lake Trout are getting harder and harder to find. I caught a 29"er last week in about 60-70 fow just trolling a crankbait with splitshot and 8lb fluoro. Might just finally start using lead core line.

/report.
>>
File: pontoon boat.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
pontoon boat.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
Just got one of these babies second hand from my dad. I'm a semi experienced angler and want to spend this weekend coming up on the Green river in WA. I've never piloted a pontoon boat before. Will the current in the river be too much to handle? Where I am going has a pretty lazy flow, but I know from swimming that it gets stronger in the middle. What other things should I look out for? I probably shouldn't being going out to green river for my first run, but I want to get out on the water.
>>
>>783045
But legally there is nothing they can do to you
They can ask you to leave but legally they can't make you leave

I'll go down to the lake tomorrow with my mauser strapped to my back if I have to to prove it
>>
File: t1.jpg (29KB, 308x547px) Image search: [Google]
t1.jpg
29KB, 308x547px
>>783063
i totally understand that, but i dont feel the need to cause any issue/scene with the police of my town if nit y totally necessary plus if i hae to spende time talking tot the police, thats less time for me to be fishijg
>>
I want to go to major fishing reservoir near me, but I don't want to be laughed at for shore fishing.
Will I get laughed at even harder if I bring my Paddleboat?
is a paddleboat even legal, because I don't think it has a license?
>>
>>783071
Alright. If I have to do it to prove it I will though
>>783074
Just fish from shore; No one will be paying attention to you
>>
>>783074
No one will be laughing at you. Also, if you can bring a boat you should do so. Check your state regulations if you live in the US. I believe most states allow you to use boats without a license if you don't have a motor.
>>
so the 17year cycle is up and cicadas are almost ready to pop for my state, how is this going to affect fish feeding habits?
>>
>>783113

Fish will likely eat the ones that fall in the water.
>>
>>783114
well obviously, I am asking whether or it will affect fishing if the fish are well fed
>>
>>782601
I have that same lure, never caught anything on it though, but I've only recently switched to big boy fishing. I used to fish exclusively with bobbers for panfish, though my tackle box is stuffed with shit I've acquired one way or another over the years.
>>
>>783128
Yes. The mayflies hatched today where I live and I didn't get a single bite while I was fishing, but I was watching them hit the surface.
>>
File: IMG_20160525_162817_875.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160525_162817_875.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>783148
Fly fish or get an ajust-a-bubble with 4 feet of leader and a dry fly
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>783008
I think FL has some law that if you are innawoods or fishing, you can CC without a permit.

>>783139
That firetiger color can kill it sometimes. Miami anon's boyfriend was using one of those on Friday right as the sun was going down and did pretty well. Both largemouth and Mayans.

It's interesting because I always used to go with natural colors until I moved to FL. Then people mentioned how Peacocks like bright colors so I stocked up on bright shit. Still can't hit the peacock bass but largemouth love it.
>>
>>783148
I was fly fishing during the mayfly hatch and was the only person to catch anything
Sometimes fly fishing is the only way
>>
>>782869
Also you could strap a milk crate to the kayak and use zip ties around vertical pvc sections tied to the milk crate as a storage box with rod holders. Ugly but effective
>>
>>783050
I'd probably do the something if someone was shining a spotlight in my face and not identifying themselves. I don't know about the time of the story, but currently you can keep a handgun in your watercraft/vehicle without a CHL.

>>783194
I think texas has the same thing, but I'm not 100% sure. Plus, I don't know if the hick cops around me would know either lol.
>>
>>781351
>4128x2322
>3.58mb
This is not necessary.
>>
>>781466
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ikejime
are you suppose to do this immediately after catching the fish?
>>
>>783290
Wouldn't recommend it for catch and release.

But all jokes aside, yeah it's a more polite way to dispatch a fish than bleeding it out or letting it suffocate.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 951x558px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 951x558px
just had another big bass throw the hook

that's twice in 2 days

fug
>>
>Be me
>Just got off work
>Want to try new fly rod
Don't know where want to go
Should I try the river with my waders or my usual lake?
>>
>>783370
>be me
>called off sick from work
>could go fishing, but should probably try to rest and not be sick
I fucked up on Tuesday, tried to work in the rain instead of waiting it out. Then was drenched in sweat all day yesterday. Good times.
>>
>>783405
>Implying The rain/cold can make you catch a cold

Pepsi that's not how you get sick
Also
Why are you always sick
Oh
And.river or lake?
>>
>>783407
Rain, going into coolers while wet, combined with a shitty diet and not getting enough sleep leads to getting sick a lot.

>lake or river
Idk, I barely ever fish rivers.
>>
>>783410
> doesn't fish river
> doesn't fish saltwater
> doesn't fish offshore

Are you fishing in baby ponds for life?
>>
>>783414
Kinda.

I'm still down to do saltwater if I can find a good spot and start catching stuff.

And there really aren't any rivers. Tons of canals which can be tough to fish. I think you have to go way north to get the rivers.
>>
>>783410
Fuck it river it is. I can always Give up o. The river and go to lake
>>
>>783417
I'm.moving in with you to teach you saltwater
>>
File: pepsi-truck-crash-treated.jpg (102KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pepsi-truck-crash-treated.jpg
102KB, 1200x900px
>>783417
>>783420
>Pepsi and Skid partner up
>>
>>783370
>be me
>want to go catch Nibblesworth
>irl shit happens early in the morning
>1pm now and hot as fuck

Guess I'll try tomorrow morning
>>
>>783432
Haha
>>
Trying to decide what rod/line size to get for my new meme caster. I think I'm gonna get a heavy rod and like 25-30# braid for froggin and punching grass but idk. I might just get a shorter MH rod to use when I'm close to trees and stuff.

>>783432
Lmao
>>
>>782772
DOA has a glow shrimp color, apparently it works pretty gud
>>
>>783437
I'm late to the party..

Memecaster = baitcaster ?
>>
>>783462
No, idiot.
>>
>>783194
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0790/Sections/0790.25.html

Peps pls stop spreading bullshit, if you don't know just admit it. This is serious legal mumbo jumbo so I'll let the Florida anons interpret it themselves.
>>
>>783466
Alright then. I'm glad that clears that up.
>>
File: image.jpg (95KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95KB, 640x1136px
>>783467
That was helpful

I don't even know where I heard it. Not that you don't need a FOID card, but you can conceal carry or some shit when hunting or fishing without a CC permit.

>trusting anything Pepsi says
That would just make you an idiot

Plus gun laws change so much in different areas, always worth doung your own research.
>>
>>783467
>
(h)A person engaged in fishing, camping, or lawful hunting or going to or returning from a fishing, camping, or lawful hunting expedition
>>
>>783433

Fuck it. Nibblesworth I'm coming.
>>
>>783405
Get well soon. I've been fishing a pretty polluted creek and woke up last night feeling slightly queasy. Looked up the symptoms for E. coli, Hep B, and giardia before realizing it was probably just the 4 piece of fried chicken I ate for dinner
>>
>>783462
>Memecaster = baitcaster
Yes. I think it's because people claim you can cast father and more accurately with them.
>>
>>783537
Now that I'm getting a hang of mine, I can cast way farther with the memecasters. I just can't use real light weight.

For the Texas rigs, I have been doing 1/2oz on the 30lb line and 3/8oz on the 20lb. I can get away with 1/4oz but I specifically use them when I want to launch it out deep.

Even putting that same 1/2oz rig on a spinning reel with 10lb or 15lb braid (all on 6'6" rods) I can't get them out as far.

It also seems like line weight doesn't make nearly as much of a difference on the memecasters compared to spinning reels.
>>
>>783467
Granted I'm not licensed to practice in Florida but that looks like you CC and OC laws do not apply while and to/from fishing hunting and camping. That being said "otherwise lawfully use posses etc" makes me think that subsection might not be the best protection if you're violating any other firearms law while carrying to and from your fishing hole
>>
>>783545
>tfw internet lawyer thinks Pepsi may have been right
>>
>>783537
>>783544
Thanks for the input. I might have to give that a shot. Pretty sure I have one lying around in storage.
>>
File: 1459527992801.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1459527992801.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Is there a good fishing youtube channel ala Hickok45 for guns where I can learn about fishing from someone with decent experience and skill presenting?

My only relatives that knew how to fish have recently passed before I had a chance to actually ask him to teach me.

What is the most basic fishing kit like for beginners?
>>
>>783548
That's a first glance opinion. I already spend enough of my day browsing this Malaysian cross-sticking board so I'm not going to waste any more time writing y'all a memo on Florida carry laws.

My general advice would be not to rely on an exception and carry only with a license and only in ways explicitly authorized by the weapons carry statute
>>
>>783544
For me I can cast about the same max distance with both, but I'm definitely more accurate on longer cast with the memecaster. I also like them a lot better for heavier lures compared to spinning reels.
>>
>>783565
I like Fishing The Midwest for entertainment, but for specific fishing tips I like Scott Martin's and KVD's videos.

>What is the most basic fishing kit like for beginners?
Most basic would be pole, hooks, bobber, and worms. I'm sure peps will post that picture of lures you should get to start out with though.
>>
>>783565
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z42Y3IsSr0

niggaz on the river
>>
>>783565
>>783581
Oh and the lucky tackle box videos are good too. The guy is kinda goofy though.
>>
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>783551
I have owned a $60 Abu Silver Max on a $40 Ugly Stik for like a year and a half and tried to use it for a bit but sorta gave up. Then around Chirstmas I spent a little more on a baitcaster setup and got bored of it quick.

But recently I discovered the bigger bass are lurking deep with the warm water, so I finally started using them after watching other dude outcast me every time with 20lb mono while I'm on a spinning reel with 15lb braid. I kinda figured out the brakes and spool tension and I'm getting better at casting, and I haven't been using my spinning reels much at all for bass fishing the past couple weeks.

I thought the $60 Silver Max would suck, but I have been doing pretty good with it. It seems more forgiving than the Revo that costs $100 more.

Oh, and TXfag, have you used that Okuma yet?
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>783581
>>783565
This was the bass fishing one I made. Most panfish stuff is real similar, just smaller. Should get you through the 3 seasons when the water isn't solid.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 618x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 618x960px
I got some heat for the next thread
>>
>>783593
I live in NJ if that matters.

How do I learn about different styles of fishing in my state?

I've only ever crabbed which is literally throwing a line with chicken or hotdog on the end into the water and waiting for crabs to bite.
>>
>>783589
Nah I'm getting a rod and some line for it today I think. Still not 100% sure what I want to do with it.
>>
>>783437
You'll regret less than 40 for frogging
I know I did
>>783544
I like my Meme caster but it's shit without plenty of casting room. You can't give a small flick like you can with a spinning reel as well
>>
think i should get a boat
>>
>>783596
Too late fag I all ready found it
>>
>>783605
>less than 40
Why?
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 236x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 236x316px
>>783607
>>
>>783613
Fucking kek
>>
New
>>783616
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.