[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of lure is this? Newbie here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: 20160525_145951.jpg (545KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160525_145951.jpg
545KB, 2048x1152px
What kind of lure is this? Newbie here
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2308x3370px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2308x3370px
>>775889
Another fishing thread! Sweet!

Swimbait? Fluke? Paddle tail fluke? I never know what to call them so I call them Storm lures or Flukes like Zoom calls them.
>>
>>775892
Can they be used for bass?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>775894
Yup. This guy was on something very similar. And with the single hook on the top, they don't get snagged very easily so you can run them in lakes with lots of weeds. The rubber will get torn up eventually though, they aren't meant to last forever.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>775894
>>775897
Nvm about the weedless part, yours has the treble hook on the bottom. Better chance of hooking fish, but will catch more weeds.
>>
>>775897
How do they work? Like do the fish bit the treble?
>>
File: image.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
>>775903
Bass will swallow the whole thing and when you yank on it, they will get hooked. It's magic.

You can run them a few different ways depending on the condition. Fairly fast and steady if they are biting good. If they are sluggish, you can almost bounce them off the bottom and bring it in real slow. I normally do a fairly quick retrieve with little pauses.

I'm a big fan of the Storm and Tsunami shads I posted here >>775901 when I'm fishing in clear water. The tail vibrates enough to get their attention in murky water too.
>>
>>775906
I found it on the floor at a nearby lake like I said I'm really new to fishing so I had no idea what it was called. I think I'm using the wrong kind of rod though because the one I bought is 8 feet
>>
>>775921
Ehh, there's a purpose for every rod. Some people like longer ones when bass fishing because they will launch lures. 6'-7' is normally what people will run when bass fishing.
>>
>>775926
Does it matterm if the rod says saltwater series, even though your fishing fresh? Like is there a difference?
>>
>>775928
Not really. All about weight and action. Also the line you run probably makes the biggest impact.

But if you are running a heavy action 8' rod and catching bass and panfish, just be careful not to set the hook super hard when a fish bites and end up ripping it right out of the fish's mouth and losing it.
>>
>>775932
I also have a 7 ft rod. I think I'm gonna use that one instead. Are there any more tips for catching bass?
>>
File: image.jpg (451KB, 1205x1901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
451KB, 1205x1901px
>>775936
Lurk the fishing threads >>775237

Ask questions, research online, ask around at your local lakes and bait shops, and get out there as much as you can so you can find the good spots and learn what works.

There's too much to post here. It all depends on where you are fishing and the weather and season and all that stuff. Main thing I would say for bass is dawn and dusk are usually the best time.

And do a little research on the rods or ask somebody you know what they think. Depending on the weights and action of the rods, the 8' could possibly be a better match for bass than the 7' if the 7' is really heavy or something. Depends on the reel too.

For bass fishing and general lake fishing, I prefer a medium weight, medium-fast action 6'6" rod and a 2500-3000 size reel with 6lb-8lb mono or 10lb-20lb braid. There are tons of good rods for $40-$60, and rod and reel combos for $50-$100.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.