[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Michigander here. Raked up this little fella while doing some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: Snapchat-7071163267721599966-1.jpg (1018KB, 1328x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-7071163267721599966-1.jpg
1018KB, 1328x1392px
Michigander here. Raked up this little fella while doing some yard work. Pretty sure its a fox snake but im no speciliast. Anyway I think im going to keep him. Itt Opinions, species, care, snake general.
>>
Try >>>/an/
>>
>>748187
keeping native animals as pets is illegal in a lot of areas. check your state and county code. also they are aggressive as fuck.

also put your snek back outdoors. it will be happier that way. and go rescue one from a shelter.. yeah shelters get sneks all the time because they got "big" and the retarded spics and niggers can't fucking read. "WILL GROW UP TO XXX INCHES LONG"
>>
File: IMG_20160425_021359.jpg (61KB, 450x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160425_021359.jpg
61KB, 450x432px
>>748187
Nigga be careful, check to make sure it isn't poisonous. The head is arrow shaped, check and see if the pupils are round, if they're eliptical like a cat's eyes then throw that little fucker away.
>>
>>748187
kidnapping wild animals is very much illegal, and if you cared for snakes at all you'd know they don't want to be stuck in some box
>>
Bump cause OP needs to paay attention to this thread
>>
saying a snejk wouldn't want to lay in a box all day safe from predators and fed tendies on request is an insult to NEETs everywhere.

surely the off chance this fat loser easily-caught snejk smecimen never had a chance to bag himself a Stacey (?Snacey?). So forcing him to wagecuck himself in the woods is no service to him.
>>
>>748295
Theres one venomous snake in michigan, and its a rattler or sorts. Not him 90% sure
>>748593
I live on the water, i see snakes and catch them all the time. The only reason im interested in this guys is because hes so small. Five inches or so.
>>
>>748602
Annd i havent even physically touched him. Just put the bucket on the ground and lured him in there with a stick.
>>
>>748602
I live in Kentucky so venomous snakes are way more prevalent here. It's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>748604
Yeah thats why being a michigander, if im ever on vacation, playing with critters is a no go. Just like salt water fishing, ive never been, but id be scared as fuck thinking everything is poisonous.
>>
No fucking way would I keep that as a pet unless I knew 100% what it was. Let it go or kill it.

I'm in Texas and lots of venomous ones here. You can usually tell by its eyes and head shape if it's venomous or not. Need a better pic.
>>
File: 2016-04-25 12.50.12.jpg (5MB, 3771x2121px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-25 12.50.12.jpg
5MB, 3771x2121px
Annnd i have physical handled him or even tried.
>>
>>748613
Already covered that, but some people just wanna fuck with chance. Is it not possible that a species could start moving into new areas?
>>
>>748622
Get a picture of it's head from the side
>>
>>748627
I would certainly guess it's possible for that to happen. Another issue is people getting non native snakes then releasing them when they get too big or don't want them anymore. There are Boas in Florida and Texas because of that.

I'm in SE Texas and snakes always hibernate during the winter. This year, they didn't. We didn't really have much of a "winter" this year. In January we killed 2 mocassins and a coral snake that we found in our yard. Highly unusual to see them about that time of year. Recent flooding has them on the move as well.
>>
Almost positive its a fox snake, which dont get very big and arent venemous at all. 3-5 foot, and i havent chanced anything lol i havent even touched him, and hes like 5 6 inches its not like he can leap at my face. I understand people are weary because poisonous snakes are more prominent but i live on the lake and see tons of snakes all the time never found an species that wasnt native, let alone a baby. Assuming thered have to be two to mate. In a colder habitat than normal.
>>
I was really looking for someone who knows for a fact is all. Because once i know for a fact i will try to handle him considering hes so small and his bite aint shit. Id just let him naw til he gave up
>>
>>748656
Point is, don't fuck with it unless you're 100% positive that it is what you say it is. Treaat snakes like mushrooms
>>
>>748656
Are you OP? Cuz the snake in these pics looks a lot bigger than 5-6 inches.
>>
>>748662
You just made me spill my cake pussy, got frosting all over my phone
>>
>>748683
7 8 maybe
>>748662
And the point is im 90 percent sure, and its tiny, and even if i knew it was venemous if still probably have it, so enough woth that dumbass arguement, its a little fox snake
>>
>>748804
Let the poor guy go. He's much more useful doing his thing outside than being kept in captivity.
>>
ITT: OP found a cool snek and properly identified it. People who claim to have knowledge of the outdoors sperg out and claim its illegal to keep, that
>"It's a damn water moccasin, shoot it with the 500 Win Mag!"
And just proving that they have never fucking spent more than 5 hours in a row innawoods.
>>
File: 1461700099524.jpg (214KB, 2460x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1461700099524.jpg
214KB, 2460x1440px
Got him checked out, turns out hes not a fox snake, hes a northern water snake. And i found out fox snake are illegal to own and northern babies are commonly misinterpreted for fox snakes and water moccasins because the babies come out much more bright and vibrant and turn almost black as they grow.
>>
File: 1461633956097.jpg (283KB, 1440x2460px) Image search: [Google]
1461633956097.jpg
283KB, 1440x2460px
>>
And hes is actually longer when he isnt puffed up and pissed. That picture is before i found out hes a water snake lol
>>
Hes in the corner of the first pic so you can get an idea of how small he is. Plenty off room for the little guy
>>
>>748199
>>748312
god shut up. Y'all are talking out your asses.
>>
>>749651
Muh nigga
>>
nice snek OP, all I've seen in my part of michigan is garters
>>
>>749633
So it wasn't in fact the snake you were sure it was? Good thing it wasn't venemous, but that isn't possible is it?
>>
>>749703
I knew it wasnt venemous either way, nice try though
>>
>>749725
I was just tryna keep you from dying senpai, this isn't /b/
>>
Lol apparently the word "f a m" turns to senpai, good to know
>>
>>749703
Grosse Point/ Imlay City sc/out/ here. We only have one poisonous snake in Michigan, and it's very rare to actually find one, even if searching. Plus it's a rattler, so it's exceptionally difficult to actually non-ID a venomous snake here. Michigan is nice for not having poisonous/ irritating/ blood-sucking shit everywhere.
>>
>>749731
>>749736
>tells someone this isn't /b/
>uses the three letter word of two-digit IQ
>caught by six month old wordfilter
can't make this shit up senpai
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.