[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want - The Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 89

Stuff you want. Post it here. Make me want it too.
>>
File: Gränsfors Outdoor Axe.jpg (62KB, 1024x730px) Image search: [Google]
Gränsfors Outdoor Axe.jpg
62KB, 1024x730px
>>
File: tupilak-citron-aw15-sp.jpg (98KB, 675x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tupilak-citron-aw15-sp.jpg
98KB, 675x1000px
>>740890

This thing makes my dick diamonds.

Gonna get it when winter comes a'knocking
>>
File: rd.jpg (3MB, 3376x3296px) Image search: [Google]
rd.jpg
3MB, 3376x3296px
mouhra
>>
File: image.jpg (225KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
225KB, 640x1136px
I want a badass fishin kayak. So many of my little lakes would be perfect to fsh from a 'yak because a good portion of the shoreline is impossible to fish from shore.

>>741083
Noice f@m. It's good to have goals that you might be able to reach one day.
>>
>>741087
its the bushcraft survival. topnotch mourah ... 50€ +
>>
File: e33121461111[1].jpg (365KB, 1083x1083px) Image search: [Google]
e33121461111[1].jpg
365KB, 1083x1083px
i want this sooooo bad! if only i wasn't saving up...
>>
i only want a fuckin bow and some decent arrows
>>
>>741096
fenix 2 is better than this shit overpriced fitness tracker. This doesnt even have any map support, unlike fenix and fenix 2.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 1024x1024px
I can't really justify it over buying more outdoor gear and clothing that would be more useful, but it seems like an awesome design and I know TAD quality is good. Specifically in the foliage green color.
>>
>>741091
Damn boy, you dreamin. I hope you're in med school or law school or sumpin if you are ever tryin to get down on that.

Everybody always says the expensive Mouhras are a waste of money though. They claim the $10 ones are much better than the competition but when you get to the expensive knoives, you can get more for your money from other brands. I've never owned any of them, but what makes that one so great?
>>
Murray Carter FS1, for the humble price of $995.
>>
>>741210
>$10 ones
Are shit. These are gardening knifes.

I had a mora classic. And I have the bushcraft version. There is huge quality and handling gap between these two knifes. Mora is an european brand. we west-europeans dont sell rip-offs. like usa and their export versions..
>>
File: 584.jpg (114KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
584.jpg
114KB, 400x400px
>>740890
>>741201
we had many backpack threads. why people still post the same shit bags over and over again?
>>
>>741319
5 star post my friend, on topic and constructive. You are a valued member of this board.
>>
File: Keron-GT-1024x768.jpg (240KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Keron-GT-1024x768.jpg
240KB, 1024x768px
>>740890
Keron GT 4.
>>
File: 2c0811c746fb37987a7ebc09f4146c0e.jpg (155KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2c0811c746fb37987a7ebc09f4146c0e.jpg
155KB, 1024x1024px
>>741201
Looks good but the velcro ruins it for me.
>>
https://us.directactiongear.com/packs-and-bags/ghost-backpack#undefined
>>
>>741369
I don't mind the Velcro because patches, which many people would also say are stupid but I find them fun and a passive way to meet people with the same interests as you. The Litespeed has quite a lot of Velcro which could be a pain when it gets filled with sand or dirt and is hard to clean.
>>
Black diamond chaos harness heard they're comfy as a fat chicks under arm meat.
>>
Anyone paddles one of these bad boys? Old town next solo fishing canoe I hear they really ... Pushed the boat out with this one
>>
ICS D4 industrial rope descended. Buttery goodness
>>
File: The%20Pride%20of%20York%202[1].jpg (269KB, 864x538px) Image search: [Google]
The%20Pride%20of%20York%202[1].jpg
269KB, 864x538px
not this specific one, but one of these.....one day....
>>
File: svord03.jpg (75KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
svord03.jpg
75KB, 800x600px
>>
File: 7693262150_c5717a0bf2_b.jpg (346KB, 1024x692px) Image search: [Google]
7693262150_c5717a0bf2_b.jpg
346KB, 1024x692px
I uber want one of these
>>
File: KABK7.jpg (58KB, 1500x746px) Image search: [Google]
KABK7.jpg
58KB, 1500x746px
want one of these so fuckin bad
>>
>>741730

Get one...they're not that expensive.
>>
>>741087
I went with the ascend h12. It's my first yak, and I'm having fun with it. The shorelines here are damn near impossible to fish so the yak is perfect.
>>
>>741369
I'm a little tired of these "the velcro ruins it for me" meme posts.

Put something on it or don't, it's not going to drastically detract from its ability to perform the required task (holding shit) either way.
>>
>>741748
Velcro™ shill pls leave.
>>
Sadly it costs $500+
>>
>>741790
...why?
>>
>>741790
>Ice axe on steroids

Do you sell these? Why would you post it, it has no use?
>>
>>741824
>if it has no use im not allowed to want it
why do you want a brain, you dont use it anyway
>>
>>741790
>Sadly it costs $500+
It is worth every cent! You will so drown in pussy when they see you with RMJ Berserker (TM) Tomahawk matching with your Fedora walking down the mall!
>>
File: vagabond_42_photo.jpg (42KB, 595x465px) Image search: [Google]
vagabond_42_photo.jpg
42KB, 595x465px
>>741403
To each their own, but I wouldn't even want take that out on the Great Lakes never mind the ocean.
>>
>>741305
is it made of antimatter alloy?
>>
>>741369
It's because TAD is operator as fuck
>>
>>741906
>operator as fuck
I prefer functional as fuck for my out gear, but to each his own.
>>
>>741358
Good tent, I've used the Kerons at lot at work.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-04-18-08-17-32-1.png (669KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-04-18-08-17-32-1.png
669KB, 1080x1080px
This would make such a nice birthday gift to myself...
>>
>>741878

thats.....thats why its a river boat anon
>>
>>741387
>has quite a lot of Velcro which could be a pain when it gets filled with sand or dirt and is hard to clean.
You... clean.... the outside of your bag?

5 years in the military, and I never did such a thing.
>>
>>741988
i have that. exact one too, the white. i wouldn't be the person i am today if i hadn't gotten it. i've had it out in straight-up rain and other nasty shit (mud, freezing cold, dust) and it doesn't even notice that shit. i mean legit getting poured on so water is running off the body and lens and just kept on taking photos.
>>
File: 154606458.BbYMRvIt._MG_8852.jpg (405KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
154606458.BbYMRvIt._MG_8852.jpg
405KB, 800x533px
hnnnggg
>>
>>741909
If you think TAD's products are unfunctional, you should just stick to Coleman.
>>
File: Rode-NT55-MP-NT55-Matched-Pair.jpg (28KB, 547x437px) Image search: [Google]
Rode-NT55-MP-NT55-Matched-Pair.jpg
28KB, 547x437px
I would practically kill for a matched pair of rode NT55s. they come with cardioid and omni capsules, are super clean and sensitive, have just about the lowest self-noise you can get in any microphone, plus they have level pads and high-pass filters right on the body. everything about them makes them the absolute perfect mics for field recording. i have a pretty good pair of omni/cardioid mics now that are like $200 for the pair, but the more i record with them the more i'm aware of their weaknesses. this is the next equipment upgrade i really need, but the rode pair is almost $1000 so it'll be a long time.

transparent response, true omni, and low noise are all details that add-up to absolute god-tier quality recordings

maybe i'll put them on my /out/ secret santa list this year :]
>>
>>742017
How can you tell if someone is a vet? Don't worry, they'll let you know..
>lol I treat my gear like shit and don't care if it gets dirty! I'm just tough like that! xD
Some of us actually pay for our own gear instead of buying it with tax dollars, welfare queen.
>>
File: salty af tbh fams.jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
salty af tbh fams.jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>742079
not him but that's a bit salty m8
>>
>>742079
>welfare queen
Yank detected.

Besides, dont your military pay for all their own gear? They do?

Guess your argument is full of shit then.

And even when I bought my own gear, I still didn't wash it- dirt is better camouflage than any pattern.

Stay mad, gearfag.
>>
>>742061
I'm more for Lowe Alpine regarding my backpacks, but that likely has not enough Mole and zippers for you.
>>
>>742079
Getting your pack dirty isn't treating it like shit, it's just regular use.
Sure if it gets covered in mud or something excessive, I'll wipe mine with a damp cloth really quick, otherwise, I'm going to be focusing on shit like polishing boots and oiling knives/guns.
Packs are usually made from a material rugged enough to withstand a bit of dust without deteriorating and falling apart like crumbly leaves, there guy.
My alice pack is made out of nylon, so what if it gets some earthy soil on it?
There just doesn't seem to be a functional interference regarding the matter.
>>
>>742114
>Lowe Alpine

That's hilarious, let me guess, you rock a Magellan tent as well?

I'm sorry you're so anally agitated about molle. You're probably on of those fags who think it's cool to hate on it because someone said it was tacticool. Fucking trend follower.
>>
>>742153
>Magellan tent
Nope, a MLD Duomid.
And I just hate tacticool idiots recommending molle shit bags for every opportunity and activity, no matter if they fit said activity or not. Lets be honest, most of those bags make a nice daypack for the urban environment, but they are hardly fit to carry a load over 20 lbs for a longer distance. It is a man purse for the insecure.
>>
>>742153
Projecting hard, aren't we?
>>
File: 1460408589238.webm (3MB, 406x720px) Image search: [Google]
1460408589238.webm
3MB, 406x720px
Awww the hate finally arrived to the thread, much better now that people derailed it and started bitching.
>>
>>742180
No one is recommending anything here. What the fuck are you talking about? This is a thread about shit anons want. And again, there is nothing wrong with molle other than your autistic need to hate on anything others have deemed "not cool." Bandwagon cuck. Go think for yourself for once.

>>742183
What exactly am I projecting here? Shit tier response.
>>
>>742208
>What exactly am I projecting here?
Coleman, Magellan, Bandwagon cuck and likely some other things to. Also, other anon talked about not being functional, nothing about "not cool" and more likely than not he is right.
>>
>>742125
Getting dirt on the pack doesn't damage it in any way or interfere with its function. But I own it and I paid a lot of (my, not taxpayers' money) for it, so I'm going to keep it clean. Getting your car dirty doesn't interfere with its performance either, but I wash it too. Why? Because I paid for it and I want to keep it clean.

A concept you would be unfamiliar with since I bought your gear for you with my tax money. Lord knows you have enough time to clean it. Sure you might have to take a break from washing rocks or playing xbox, but they'll be there for you when you get done.
>>
>>742224
I'm pretty damn sure it can function as a back pack, even if your want to ignore TAD's high quality. Those aren't projections by the way and I'm saying that 99 percent of people who hate molle are bandwagon faggots who are just following the herd. Someone says tacticool and now all you faggots think it's cool to hate it. Congratulations.
>>
>>742199
I dunno. But the whole threat hasn't anyting to do with outdoors. Its like some /fa/ fag asking again for the next outdoor fashiontrend.

(You)
>burton-kilo-backpack-
>>
>>742233
Faggot just stop, I'm neither one of the previous anons that you were arguing but you need to realise that people have different taste and saying that 99% only dislike molle because others do is delusional as fuck.

Many sc/out/s will genuinely dislike military like gear and its features, velcro, molle, cammos and such stuff. Now call me cuvk and bandwagoner because seems pretty clear that are the only arguments that you have.

Sincerely yours
Anon
>>
>>742245
Bandwagon cuck

Most people who don't care for something don't feel the need to attack it every chance they get. If "tacticool" is a legitimate part of your vocabulary, then you are just another trend follower. There was never this much hatred for milsurp related items before that term was introduced. Also, TAD is literally made for military contractors, swat, etc. Get over it.
>>
>>742257
>Also, TAD is literally made for military contractors, swat, etc.
Sounds like a shite choice when you just want to go hiking and mountaineering, because guess what, there are brands that make gear literally for hiking and mountaineering.
>t. Bandwagon cuck
>>
gosh I'm glad summer's beginning. kinda sounds like a lot of anons are all pent-up with cabin fever
>>
>>742259
No one is telling you to go on your little day hike with it. Fuck off.
>>
>>742259
Why hate it though? The molle adds some extra weight but it gives you attachment points all over the backpack. You can add molle accessories, which can be very useful, or just hang any old thing off of it to give yourself more room inside the pack. Sunglasses, flip flops for water crossing, water bottle, whatever you need. The Velcro and color patterns are a subjective thing.

At the end of the day you still have a high quality pack made from durable materials with enough features and storage to make it a solid 2 night bag if you're resourceful enough, and easily an overnight bag. A great general purpose outdoor bag, even if it is too "tacticool" for you.
>>
>>742268
Yeah, I can see what you mean, especially one hardcore military contractor, swat, etc. is getting a little tense here
>>
>>742226
>since I bought your gear for you with my tax money

Since you originally bitched and moaned about my post here >>742017
...and ignore other relevant posts, I'll say it again:

US military personnel pay for their personal equipment (including backpacks) out of their salary. I have dealt with US military personnel and know this to be the way this shit works in the US military.

So again, how the fuck did your useless basement-dwelling ass pay for anything they use?
>>
>>742257
>Many sc/out/s will genuinely dislike military like gear and its features, velcro, molle, cammos and such stuff.
>Also, TAD is literally made for military contractors, swat, etc.
Hence why many people dislike it and prefer gear specifically designed for /out/ activities. Thanks for proving my point. If you want to feel better about your operator gear here's a board that might fit you >>>/k/.

Thank you for your cervix.
>>
>>741052
ahh I have the Lhotse. It's incredible. Hope you get it pal.
>>
>>742279
>out of their salary.
Guess where their salary comes from. Go on, guess.
>>
File: 1413708835945.png (10KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413708835945.png
10KB, 500x500px
>>742282
not him/them but that's a fucking ignorant argument. fuck, walmart's such a prolific tax evader one could say their employee's salaries are subsidized by taxpayers. anon pls go /out/ and have a good time real soon
>>
>>742282
Yet so does the salary of the retards at the local MVR and a thousand other much more useless facilities, but you cherrypick the military, of which salaries for enlisted soldiers is but a tiny fraction of the total?

I see why the USA is rapidly becoming globally impotent.

Not to worry though- I'm certain China is more than willing to fill the gap.

Not to mention that the top 1% of income earners could pay for the US military budget for what they blow on yacht fuel in a year.

But them "wellfeyr qweens" thoe....
>>
>>742276
No hate here, but there simply are sounder choices for a backpack. The problem with the "tacticool" backpacks is that the cheap ones are Chinese garbage and the expensive ones are overpriced for what they are.
Attachment points and daisy chains are a good idea in moderation, but you shouldn't attach to much gear on the outside, mostly because it will kill the balance of the pack for good and also because there is a limit to what load those little packs are designed for. It is handy if you need a modular system, i.E if you work defense and need to to adjust to mission goals, and need to slap on extra comms, medpack or ammo.
But that mostly ain't the case with out related activities, a good load distribution system, a good fit and a proper size to fit all the gear you want to bring is more important. And in this case you simply can get much better options for the same amount of money.
Also, zippers running around the bloody length of the pack is a big nono, at least when you are in a humid climate.
But yes, It might makes an alright daypack, but you could have the same quality from Eastpack or Jansport for a fraction of the price.
Special case might be hunting, but in that case you'd better shell out for a dedicated hunting pack from Kifaru or Eberlestock.
>>
>>742291
Well the problem with the cheap Chinese ones is that to have that much stuff just going on on the pack, it takes a lot of stitching, and that adds to the cost of production. People want the features but don't want to pay. So any molle'd out backpack that isn't made like shit is going to be expensive.

I like it because of the versatility. You can pack a Litespeed for a dayhike, or strap a tent to the bottom and whatever else you need on the outside and have an overnight bag. You can have two different backpacks that are more ideal for their respective tasks but not as versatile. And probably not as durable, since hiking and backpacking stuff is all usually made out of super lightweight material now that's more susceptible to tears than the cordura usually used on tacticool packs.
>>
>>742291
Also, can you explain why the zippers running the full length is bad in a humid climate? I'm ignorant
>>
>>742305
Water leakage though the zips I daresay. Whch isnt an issue f you put your vulnerable kit in waterproof bags.
>>
>>742300
>I like it because of the versatility. You can pack a Litespeed for a dayhike, or strap a tent to the bottom and whatever else you need on the outside and have an overnight bag. You can have two different backpacks that are more ideal for their respective tasks but not as versatile.
agreed, but then a simple backpack in the 40L range will have the same weight because no molle and extra features and you can always choose not to fully load it. Plus they likely are more comfortable because of a better load distribution system.
>And probably not as durable, since hiking and backpacking stuff is all usually made out of super lightweight material now that's more susceptible to tears than the cordura usually used on tacticool packs.
Really depends on the brand, some are tanks, some aren't. Loadhaulers for climbing gear for example usually are indestructible if you choose a quality maker. Also, the build quality even with "lighter" material is still more than adequate, I for example used an old Mammut pack for 8+ years, now my little brother is using it and it still hasn't one loose thread.
>>
>>742305
this >>742312
They just suck in rain and if you got many zippers and nor drainage they whole thing will turn into a swamp, and so will your gear.
>>
>>742318
They still sell non-chinese-made bags with no drainage???
>>
>>742199
Sauce
>>
>>741878
Audism?
>>
>>742336
>>742199
Yeah source pls
>>
>>742318
Meh. I keep a rainfly in one of the pockets at all times, and if I have anything that needs to stay dry it will be in either a zip lock or a rolltop drybag. The full length zipper is super useful for both packing and getting specific items out of the backpack as opposed to top entry only.
>>
>>742067
What are these used for? Recording nature noises?
>>
>>742432
yeah I do field recordings brah. i'm a sound engineer and acoustician and as a hobby i love bringing recording gear when i go places. it's practically an olympic sport to me to use every bit of skill and intuition i have to get the best, most vivid and "magical" recordings possible. it's like photography, a hundred people can take a pic of the same building but only one or two pros will take an award-winner that stuns people. i love it.
>>
>>742440
That sounds unique and interesting. I always loved heading up north into the sub tropics in nsw and listening to all the birds up there.
>>
>>742461
ah you a sydney cunt? i've spent some good time there. in fact i may be returning soon and doing some recording out in regional areas and other outback bushy areas
>>
>>742440
Do you have anywhere where we can listen? That sounds interesting
>>
>>742464
yep! i have a youtube channel yeah. and a soundcloud for the 0.02% of people who prefer

https://www.youtube.com/mjcrecordingsaudio
https://soundcloud.com/mjcrecordings
>>
>>742467
Thanks man. This creaking tree has got me on some ASMR shit
>>
>>742475
ha, yeah people seem to really like the creaking tree contact mic recording. it was only a rough test and didn't even come out that great, or at least it had much better potential. almost threw it away and never uploaded it honestly. kinda glad i did
>>
File: gshock.png (583KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
gshock.png
583KB, 700x700px
Looking to get one of these soon, really nice looking watch and I've already got a G-Shock so I know the quality is going to be there.

>>742060
>>741096
Really nice watches senpai
>>
File: WEST_ELKS_DEC12_jpeg-78_1000.jpg (109KB, 1000x761px) Image search: [Google]
WEST_ELKS_DEC12_jpeg-78_1000.jpg
109KB, 1000x761px
>>742463
Canberra originally. Spent any spare time I had up Thredbo way usually, in the alps. Girlfriend grew up near the qld border so we head up whenever we can. In Melbourne now and haven't really been out yet here but i have a month off soon.

I have wanted a hill people gear pack for ages but cant really justify the price atm while a replace most of my gear.. It's nice to dream though.
>>
>>742489
oh nice. i've never been to melbs or canb'ra myself. it's good to have connections to people in different regions like that. it's kinda difficult to drag cityfriends out west or north for camping and sightseeing.

looks like a nice, hadn't heard of those †bh
>>
>>
File: url.jpg (171KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
171KB, 900x900px
>>
File: P1080309.jpg (4MB, 3968x2232px) Image search: [Google]
P1080309.jpg
4MB, 3968x2232px
>>
File: readImage.jpg (33KB, 620x625px) Image search: [Google]
readImage.jpg
33KB, 620x625px
>>742767
my last pair of salomon boots was like 15 years ago but they were fucking great. i totally forgot about their existence until i checked your photo

>>742773
i-it's beautiful. take me with you. you know, for years i've been eyeing a tract of land almost like that, some nice green hills and valleys with a stream running through. but i could never buy it, especially not now
>>
>>742778

hnnnng that little clear table is fantastic
>>
>>742767
I have them, they're great, as soon as you get them you'll regret not getting them sooner. Stop wasting your life away and get them.
>>
File: Buck Kalinga folding Pro.png (800KB, 806x607px) Image search: [Google]
Buck Kalinga folding Pro.png
800KB, 806x607px
>>
>>742079
We got ourselves a badass over here
>>
>>742336
>>742396
>requesting sauce for literally just an ass and no face
control yourselves
>>
>>742781
>thats a chair
>>
>>741588
Curently making one of these with the Polar Whittler 80 (middle one) blade. My first project like this ever. Found leather punching tool which makes 40mm circles. Epoxy will be hard on sunday and I will take photos then (since it's at my weekend cottage). If you will like it I can buy another blade and make you one for a reasonable price.
>>
>>743315
Ah just noticed its birch bark not leather my bad.
>>
>>743315
Got 3 blades and staple of birchbark waiting for me. Can't find the time to dive into the project.
>>
>>743319
Ok then. One thing though be aware of that it has a micro bevel. I wasn't lol, but I guess I can get rid of it easy.
>>
>>743324
I have a polar with micro bevel and two handmade finish blades, and they have pure scandi sex. I thought of doing the polar first, to get the hang of it and then move to the handmades.
>>
File: mermac covered.jpg (54KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
mermac covered.jpg
54KB, 880x660px
Alps Mountaineering
My scout troop used the Taurus as backpacking tents and they are the same tent except less mesh but I run pretty hot so I would enjoy the airflow.

I have taken two separate week-long canoeing trips in one.

Plenty of room for One person and still comfortable for two.
>>
>>743337

This one is the Mermac Two Person
>>
>>742279
>US military personnel pay for their personal equipment

This is 100% not true. Our gear is owned by the US govt and we are liable to replace it if is lost or damaged through negligence.
I will say that any unit worth a damn spends copious amounts of time ensuring gear is clean and serviceable.
>>
>>743558
Also, gear needs to be spotless before a service member turns it in.
>>
File: ContentImage_2D00_GradeAPlus.jpg (11KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ContentImage_2D00_GradeAPlus.jpg
11KB, 300x225px
>>743558
a unit is just one "F" away from being unfit :>
>>
18 minutes left if you guys want that 20% off discount from Dick's...
>>
>>743315

How does one shape one of these? Doesn't look like you can put it on a lathe... do you stand it on end and slice down the side?
>>
>>742763

First time I've seen this

>mind blown

Not sure if it's amazing or shit though... wouldn't all your shit spill out when you open it?
>>
So much outdoor
>>
File: 24141_DFTG.fpx.jpg (324KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
24141_DFTG.fpx.jpg
324KB, 2000x2000px
lost my last 100g jacket in september, was my favourite
>>742467
cool channel!
>>
>>742281

I'm friends with a Mountain Equipment rep so I'm sorted with that sexy discount too
>>
>>744003
oh thanks!
>>
>>744011
Can I be their friend too please?
>>
File: ft2dr.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ft2dr.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
tfw broke
>>
>>743993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omeRp6GLZTY
>>
>>744074

Depends if you can stand living in a tent with him in Scottish winter for a week...
>>
File: IMG_20160420_111631.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160420_111631.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>742763
>>742767

Good taste anon.
>>
>>742778
Not only that ass, but she is very beautifull. I want to hike with her and eat shitty ramen by the fire while we wait for our pleb tier sausages to be overcooked.
>>
File: sign-1.gif (8KB, 350x180px) Image search: [Google]
sign-1.gif
8KB, 350x180px
>>744211
you have lofty aspirations friend
>>
>>743986
Just sand it.
>>
>>741988
pentax is a solid camera choice.

>>742778
just FYI, the blue boards are safe for work boards. The red ones are for posting stuff like this. Welcome to 4chan.
>>
File: osprey-atmos-ag.jpg (68KB, 556x473px) Image search: [Google]
osprey-atmos-ag.jpg
68KB, 556x473px
65 a good size? 50 seems juuust too small for everything Id want on a weekish long trip, if I'd want to do one.

Tried on my size at REI and the AG frame felt godly
>>
>>744844
65 is the minimum for me. I use a 65 or an 88 depending on trip length and season.
>>
>>741730
my mother is getting me one for my birthday. sucks to suck m8
>>
>>744844
65 should be plenty for a normal sized person for 1 week in fair weather/climate zone. I got an 88 and honestly, you only need it if you go weeklong+ in areas where you need failproof equipment. For weekenders and such in the mountains I take a 40l pack and enjoy the lighter weight.
Also, the bigger the pack, the more tempted you are to pack stuff you won't really need.
>>
>>744992
>the bigger the pack, the more tempted you are to pack stuff you won't really need.

That is a thing that can't be said enough. When working at an outdoor goods store, Ive seen FAR too many people pick a huge pack. The vast majority in fact, when most needed a far smaller one for what they were doing.
>>
>>744003
Is that little pouch in the front supposed to be for something specific?
>>
>>744844
I got an Osprey exos 58L (I was told its actually 63L because its a size large). I have done a weeklong trip with no resupply before. I tend to UL though (hence the Exos).
>>
>>744992
>the bigger the pack, the more tempted you are to pack stuff you won't really need

Spot on. That was me when I was 14
>>
>>744797
Faggot pls, if you feel bad about that webm you should not be on the internet much less here.
>>
File: Vanquest-IBEX-30-photo-1.jpg (92KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Vanquest-IBEX-30-photo-1.jpg
92KB, 640x400px
>>744145
>>744099
>>742763
I almost bought this pack for both the military and civi shit. I'm sure it's fucking quality, and it looks fucking awesome but the yoke and waist belts on Mystery Ranch packs are way better. I ended up cheaping out and got a MR Snapdragon for $150.

I also found a hilarious copy of the Khard called the Vanquest Ibex 30.
>>
>>745600
As someone who was in the military, I dont see the advantage of getting milsurp packs aside from cost. They arent particularly "more rugged" and not always comfortable.
>>
>>745611
What did his post have to do with milsurp?
>>
>>745650
I think he means gear that aimed towards military usage.
>>
File: tnf-thermoball.png (402KB, 631x737px) Image search: [Google]
tnf-thermoball.png
402KB, 631x737px
>>
>>742318
>literally grasping at straws
you'd need to be in a torrential downpour for water getting through zippers to be a concern, and a hurricane for the difference b/w 3/4 zip and full length zip to be noticeable.
full length zips make it easier to access gear at the bottom of your pack without unpacking everything else, and you can add a rain cover to any pack
>>
>>745005
what are the negatives besides a few extra ounces in pack material?
>40L pack fits all your gear
>50L pack fits your gear plus more water/food/hentai allowing you to stay out longer/fap more
>>
>>745732
Becaus then they bring the /out/ espresso coocker, the solar charger, 2-3 isolation layers etc. Expirienced hikers manage to load a pack to only half capacity when only that is needed for their hike, but most newbies can't. Instead of high speed low drag, they end up with a overweight pack and do not enoy their /out/activity because of this.
>and yes, I was just the same.
>>
>>745005

Considering the cost I think a lot of people don't want to buy something too small and then have to come back to get a bigger one. When you're talking $200-300 you want to make sure as shit that you can fit everything in.
>>
>>742199
I like slutty girls, but white chicks nigger dancing just make me sick.
>>
>>742773
I put it on wallpaper
>>
>>745663
Yeah well almost all the time units get asspained when you use 3rd party gear and not issued shit. Military is fucking retarded. His post made me think of "milsurp" gear so I wanted to post that to see what milsurpfags think.
>>
>>744145
What Salomon boots are those?
>>
>>745821
>>>/hm/
>>
tfw I'm too broke to afford this
>>
File: IMG_20160423_133206.jpg (2MB, 4864x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_133206.jpg
2MB, 4864x2736px
>>741588
>>743315
>>743319
>>743986
Posting as promised. Will polish the brass on the buffing wheel when I get the chance and apply bees wax on the leather to make it glossy. Overral I think I did decent for a first try.
>>
File: IMG_20160423_142048.jpg (2MB, 4864x2736px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160423_142048.jpg
2MB, 4864x2736px
>>747637
Here it is after applying linseed oil.
>>
>>747638
>>747637
really sweet anon! looks like it has a great hand feel
>>
What are some good zip off pants->shorts for backpacking?
>>
>>745769
Pretty much me when I started going /out/. Used to come back home with half of my load unused.
>>
>>741083
amazon has a bunch for like $15 each
>>
>>742282
conceited fucking asshole hates it when US military get paid for doing their fucking jobs but somehow sitting on your ass and doing fuck all is perfectly fine

>s-soldiers get paid by big gov thats w-welfare!! F-fu-Fu-Frick you, liberal hippie soldiers!
>>
A Sea to Summit Ember Quilt and one of their mats to go with it.
>>
>>748177
Lol I'm not even sure what message you're trying to convey. Maybe take a deep breath and type that again. Had too many rip its, Mr. Muhreen? I can sense the vein bulging from your forehead.

How does it feel knowing you get paid to do nothing of value, with money taken out of the paychecks of those who do things that do have value? We provide services, contribute to the economy, make an honest living. What do you do?
>>
>>748213
nice. man i bet that alpine one is like a fucking womb
>>
where to start on all the /out/ related things i want
>>743337
agreed on this one
>>742773
land would be great 10/10 would contour farm the fuck out of
>>
File: 00w0w_5Ko1QJKA080_600x450.jpg (53KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
00w0w_5Ko1QJKA080_600x450.jpg
53KB, 600x400px
>>
>>748215
Even kinda looks like one. Mostly anything under -5 would be useless to me.
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 556x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 556x316px
>>747637
>>747638
>>741588

Reminds me of the Finnish Puukko. I'm actually making a set of ten of them, with the location-correct layered birch bark handle. Pic related.
>>
>>748214
Not him but:
Why all the butthurt over the 16.2% of the federal budget that gets spent on defense?
Note: less than half of that is spent on equipment and pay for current personnel.

Why no butthurt for the 25.3% that is sent n Social Security? Are you retired or soon going to be?

Why no complaints about the 28% that gets spent on Health?

And finally, why is the bitching and moaning directed at the grunts who less than 1% of the defense budget gets spent on, in both pay and equipment?
>>
>>748328
>>748214
>>748177

>>Stuff you want. Post it here. Make me want it too.
>>
File: deadbird.jpg (70KB, 788x534px) Image search: [Google]
deadbird.jpg
70KB, 788x534px
Arc'Teryx LEAF Alpha hard shell.
>>
>>748421
Always wondered if it would be worth the $1000 dollaridoos spent
>>
>>748428
>worth the $1000
kek no
>>
>>741748
The velcro catches all sorts of shit and is difficult to clean. It'll pick up hair, lint, dirt, leaves, grass, etc, etc. If you're not a gear queer with a bunch of really cool patches from the internet it's useless and actually a big con due to the reasons I listed.
>>
>>748242
Where do you get the birch bark? Here in Czech rep. you can only get like blocks of 5 pieces glued together and it's super expensive. The leather I was working with was super tough and the handle is quite heavy in the end.
>>
>>744797
4chan. Safe for work. What has the world come to.
>>
>>748686
Read the rest of the thread and you'll learn that
>actually cleaning your gear ever
Makes you a total nerd
>>
>>742067
Wow, another sound guy/acoustician on out. What's the rest of your setup?
>>
File: binaural_jecklin_rig.jpg (1MB, 2600x2920px) Image search: [Google]
binaural_jecklin_rig.jpg
1MB, 2600x2920px
and wh-who are you goodfriend?

Pic related is my usual setup. Mostly use the Jecklin with the MXL mics (omni capsules), sometimes I use the cardioids instead, depending on what I gotta do, and sometimes for keks and funtimes I use the "binaural ball".
>>
File: image.jpg (975KB, 900x573px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
975KB, 900x573px
Kifaru Sawtooth
>>
File: Arcterx.jpg (104KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Arcterx.jpg
104KB, 1024x1024px
>>748421
>>748428
>>
>>748924
sorry somehow i didn't quote the post i was responding to
>>748940
>>
>>745600
i wanted the khard forever too, i actually bought a snapdragon like you did, didn't like it and returned it, and ended up getting a REI Trail 40 and loving it.

in the spirit of the thread, i now want a bearikade and a Gossamer Gear Mariposa 60. Also want a Terra Nova Solar Photon 2, but i don't need it. Will prolly get the other 2
>>
>>743558
Unless you dont get your shit you ordered untill you reenlist or are about to get out until then its surplus stores and tactical aquireing.
>>
File: Mongolian-yurt.jpg (187KB, 700x482px) Image search: [Google]
Mongolian-yurt.jpg
187KB, 700x482px
>>
File: Cabin.jpg (33KB, 400x296px) Image search: [Google]
Cabin.jpg
33KB, 400x296px
>live in Alaska
>love it
>can't build anything worth a shit

I want. I want so bad.
>>
>>749139
Maybe you could volunteer with that habitat for humanity thing. Don't they build houses for dindus with volunteer labor?
You could probably pick up some skills that way.
>>
File: 1419022548540.jpg (613KB, 1613x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1419022548540.jpg
613KB, 1613x1210px
>>740890
>Stuff you want.
>Post it here.

An adventure. A legitimate adventure. One filled with joy, sadness, hardship, epiphany, purpose. An adventure that would change my life and the lives of those I encounter.
>>
>>749145

Lemme guess, you're in your early 20s, just finished college and have realised how shit day to day life is when you're working full time, and so now you want to hike the AT / trek through Mongolia / teach English to Africans / volunteer in South America to discover yourself / feel alive again / be a human being not a human doing.
>>
>>749156
Ehhh, close. Late 20s, still haven't finished school even though I always say that's my main goal, afraid of commitment, constantly feeling nostalgic, craving drastic change but fearing it at the same time.

I really don't want to sound all try-hard, but I've had similar feelings as long as I can remember. What's the point of life if not to see and understand as much of it as possible? I remember telling my mom when I was young that I wanted to see the world. She's very practical and cautious and responded, "well then you need to get a good education and find work so you can afford to travel and take vacations". She just didn't get it. It's like when your young and your mom drives you to your friend's house to play. Then when you're old enough, you start riding your bike there. You think to yourself, "I've been going to my friend's house for years, but I've never seen the next street over," so you take a detour and discover a place you've never seen before. The whole world is full of those places, so why not go discover it all?
>>
File: 1367387002160.jpg (58KB, 790x527px) Image search: [Google]
1367387002160.jpg
58KB, 790x527px
>>749164
Sorry, I'm getting a little carried away. I was really sick a few years ago, and after I got better I couldn't help but think about my own mortality. I realized that if I hadn't recovered and I'd been on my death bed, I surely would have had regrets. But they probably wouldn't have been that I didn't own a home or have a nice car or a job that paid a lot. I would have been disappointed that I never saw a mountain range or a rain-forest; a foreign metropolis or a site of an ancient city. I just want to see and know this world.
>>
>>749164
>>749168

If any of that rubbish were really true then you'd be doing it instead of talking about it you insufferable hipster.
>>
>>740890 (OP)
>Stuff you want. Post it here.

Someone to pay for me to take a walking holiday and put it up on some nature channel or something.

One that starts at Cabo da Roca, Portugal and ends at Big Diomede, Russia.

That's it. I can provide the gear myself.
>>
File: GintracLandes.jpg (660KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
GintracLandes.jpg
660KB, 900x599px
shepherd's stilts, so I can do 30 mile days from Moscow to Paris
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (140KB, 480x725px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
140KB, 480x725px
>>748940
Just an /out/ enthusiast. I'm going to Columbia College Chicago for a degree in acoustics starting this fall. Your channel is pretty cool, I actually have this picture you posted saved on my phone.
>>
>>749243
oh nice! i've heard of that program. i'm not familiar with it personally but I've read into it at one point. surprised you saved that pic, it's nothing special you know!
>>
Can someone recommend me a good rod and spinning reel for under $100. Using for general purpose, but going trolling for lake trout next month so anything specific to that would be helpful too
>>
>>749243
there are a few maybe, 1-2 people on /out/ who have great soundscape youtubes.

if that is one of you anons. I just want to say thank you, you've made bedtime for me so much more pleasant
>>
>>749392
noice! i'm the guy who recently uploaded the waves crashing, the pseudacric crucifer (spring peepers), and the afternoon thunder. so if you're following i appreciate it! i'm trying to get as much content as possible this season, so hopefully it'll be a good year for it
>>
>>749397

Not the anon you replied to but I did hear the peepers, shit was cash. Hope you keep doing it
>>
File: Burncoat_Peepers_160421_edit.png (212KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Burncoat_Peepers_160421_edit.png
212KB, 800x500px
>>749398
thanks bruv! yeah that latest peeper recording was one of the strangest recording processes so far for me for a bunch of little reasons. the end result is pretty good but it's almost otherworldly
>>
>>749397
yeah the peepers were phenomenal!
>>
>>749415
haha, yeah i'm glad it came out the way it did. i recorded them last year right before i had gotten my nice preamps so the recording was a little noisy and it didn't really sound great, and by the time i'd gotten my new gear they were gone. so for this year i was absolutely determined to get the high-quality version of the peepers i missed-out on last year. so, i did three recordings. first couple were just backyard tests and then the last one was an actual expedition into the swamp, and that's probably going to be my definitive peeper recording for all time now
>>
File: ang khola.jpg (72KB, 576x326px) Image search: [Google]
ang khola.jpg
72KB, 576x326px
One of these Himalayan Imports Ang Khola kukris. Being a poorfag sucks
>>
File: Stove-4.jpg (145KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Stove-4.jpg
145KB, 480x640px
>>748944
after reading up on it I WANT it too.

1200$ + duties to the UK it'll have to wait

Because I'd have to buy a Ti four dogs stove to go with it too of course such as pic related
>>
>>749179
Cool, thanks for the input.
>>
>>749397
I'm following you since the thread with the waves. Great work.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (23KB, 402x376px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
23KB, 402x376px
>>749784
thanks man!
>>
>>749438

What exactly do you need a kukri for?
>>
>>749452

You'll grow up one day, anon. Don't worry.
>>
>>749799
Nah man, thank you. Your work helps me cope with my anxieties. You make the world a better place m8
>>
>>749984
Not that guy but what does need have to do with want?
>>
>>749984
You've never bought something because of reasons?
>>
>>749987
I was just sharing some deep feelings. I don't get why you have to be a jerk. Maybe what I wrote was a little cliche or even naive, but I don't get why that makes me a hipster or what reason you have to believe it's not true. We all just wanna go /out/, m80.
>>
>>750096

>deep

Not actually deep, just facebook style platitudes.
>>
>>750120
Don't be a meanie
>>
File: img-thing.png (54KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
img-thing.png
54KB, 300x300px
>>750034
Well that's really nice anon. That makes me happy. Glad it's fun for me to do this, there'll be a lot more coming
>>
File: lazerbrite.png (512KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lazerbrite.png
512KB, 1280x1280px
A lazerbrite. Each end is an independently operating torch, so you can unscrew them from the main diffuser and attach them to other stuff. They have low / high / blinking mode, come in a bunch of colours and are waterproof.

Don't need one at all, I'm pretty much set with just a head torch but for some reason I really really want one of these fuckers.
>>
>>750218
what's it do
>>
>>750231

What do you do
>>
File: 2773_300.png (9KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
2773_300.png
9KB, 300x180px
>>750233
i honestly don't know what it's used for
>>
>>750252
Sounds like basically an electric glowstick?

At least it's reuseable...
>>
>>750218
>Don't need one at all, I'm pretty much set with just a head torch

If you need to justify it to yourself it really doesn't hurt to have redundant gear like that.
>>
>>750252

What country are you from?
>>
>>750260

True but it also costs $60 because of shipping to criminal island
>>
>>750269
>criminal island
kek
>>
>>741402
Why not get a petzl stop? Or a Rig? I work in rope access and I haven't seen that brand. I am genuinely curious. What sorts use would it be for?
>>
>>750120
I never claimed to have profound thoughts for others to live by, they're just my own feelings. And I meant deep as in buried deep down inside of myself, with the rest of my feels.

This guy >>750198 is right. You're a meanie.
>>
I just read through the thread and holy shit, this guy >>750120 really is a meanie
>>
>>750120
Man, are you always this mean?
>>
>>750596

Only when your Mum's on her period
>>
>>740890
Hmm. Kinda cool. I am in the market for a pack around 30l.
>>
I'm a porrfag who needs a new backpack. I have an external frame hiking pack, but I need a new "everyday" pack for traveling, day hikes, biking, etc. I carry 'tography and recording equipment a lot... basically I need a schoolbag for grown-ups.

I do not want anything camo, assault, or tacktickle because I'm not a manchild. This is what I'm going to look at today... it's cheeper'n horsecunts so it might be total shit quality. I know this is the second most common question on /out/, but any suggestions? Amazong has over 100,000 backpacks. /fa/ isn't a priority but it might be a plus idunno
>>
>>750986
Any of these? The first two would be my options. They have good reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/Mozone-Lightweight-Backpack-foldable-Packable/dp/B00XCNO8JG/ref=sr_1_17?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1461862527&sr=1-17&refinements=p_36%3A1253555011

http://www.amazon.com/Coreal-Lightweight-Packable-Travel-Backpack/dp/B015OMK06W/ref=sr_1_12?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1461862715&sr=1-12&refinements=p_36%3A1253555011%2Cp_72%3A1248957011

http://www.amazon.com/G4Free-Lightweight-Resistant-Backpack-foldable/dp/B0151EFBR6/ref=sr_1_7?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1461862527&sr=1-7&refinements=p_36%3A1253555011
>>
>>750994
these are pretty nice options anon. thanks! i'll be considering them fo' sho.
>>
>>741305
I see the reason its expensive.
>>
>>749210
they'd pay you in gear, that's the only way you're getting paid
>>
>>751428
Well please enlighten me, because I've always been ignorant of why these custom knives are so expensive, aside from the "it's a work of art" argument.
>>
File: whupwhup.jpg (241KB, 1440x600px) Image search: [Google]
whupwhup.jpg
241KB, 1440x600px
>>750986
Alright I got a pack! I went through hell to get it though. It's actually an "Outdoor Products" Quest day pack sold at Walmart. It was apparently very popular as it had lots of youtube reviews and such, and it was impossible to find. I went to three different walmart that supposedly had it in stock and the last one finally had it.

The selling points:
-Heavy duty material and stitching
-Good price ($24)
-FITS MY GEAR
-Not too tacktickle, not too bookbag
-has a pair of quick and easy lashing straps and holds for treking poles, which is a huuuuge selling point so I can carry my tripods!

God damn I was out for like 5 hours today in traffic looking for this or anything comparable. You can't even buy it online anymore, I got fuckin lucky and I'm chuffed as fuck
>>
>>752306
lol I was waiting for you to report with your backpack. I suggested the chinese ones on amazon to help you in your quest.

I'm guessing you added the carabiner. It has side straps which is nice. It's molle compatible so it means you can hang shit from it.

Mind if I suggest that you look in yt on how to attach an ice axe, and take advantage of the ice axe loops at the end of your pack? Maybe you can try to attach your tripods that way, or your hiking poles in combination with them.

You did good anon. I'm seriouslly happy about your purchase. Put it to work and report on it's performance pls. It helps us all.
>>
File: Photo on 30-04-16 at 12.20 AMa.jpg (331KB, 576x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 30-04-16 at 12.20 AMa.jpg
331KB, 576x720px
>>752318
i actually am using those loops for the tripods! the feet are the perfect size to slip in and stop at the clasps. then i just use the shock cord lashing for the top and it's gold. btw i think it was your suggestions that gave me the idea of looking for a pack with those lashes and loops for my tripod! thanks for that. i had a backup pack i found at one of the walmarts really similar to those last two you suggested. if i didn't find my molle-style one that's what i was gonna get. also, i don't use hiking poles so those lashes will be strictly for gear/tripods

i hike with my gear and mountainbike with my gear, so hopefully the next couple weeks will expose any goodness or badness with this pack. thanks again for your help!
>>
>>752323
Nah bro. Glad you are happy. Waiting on that field report. Srsly happy for you. There's a couple guys that do recordings /out/ btw. You said that you were going to try to bring some of that equipement with you so It might interest you. I'm not him, not spaming. He seriouslly does great recordings and you can maybe discuss your load and carry methods. You are both in the same page and maybe can help each other. The guy has some seriouslly good waves (actual, like sea waves) recordings.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3ChFpI5jcBUMAJmVeiZ0eQ

The best for you anon. Keep safe and always enjoy what you do.
>>
>>752306
>being this excited over a Walmart backpack
Wew
>>
>>752338
Oh goodness anon, that IS my channel lol

>>752506
It's ackchully just because they're discontinued/sold-out and quite frankly it's the perfect pack to fit my needs. Anything else I found was either a compromise or much more expensive. What can I say anon, it just happened to be a Walmart brand this time, not my fault.
>>
File: 1439358795909.png (339KB, 579x430px) Image search: [Google]
1439358795909.png
339KB, 579x430px
>>752506
Why are you being rude with that anon for no reason?
>>
>>752506
>being a dickhead to poor fags because "why don't you just go ask your mommy and daddy for money"

Everyone has to start somewhere. Personally I think it's pretty cool that he's spending his last $20 on /out/.

Enjoying the outdoors is 90% you and 10% your gear. It's only been in the last couple hundred years that you could even buy a fucking backpack.

If it's affordable and it works what's the problem?

Fuck off back to /trustfund/
>>
>>741397
can vouch for this, its great
>>
File: photo-1.jpg (161KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
photo-1.jpg
161KB, 480x640px
>>
>>752506

Who gives a fuck how expensive your gear is? Clearly that anon has found something which suits his needs perfectly, which is the most important thing. I've been looking for a good bag for a long time and I'll probably be exited too, no matter how much / little it costs.

So fuck off, you judgemental fuck.
>>
>>741403
This photo is taken right by my house on the leeds-liverpool canal, i lived on a barge for a year
>>
>>753697
did you live right on the canal? is it all that narrow? was your housebrge as night as that? i'm intruiged by this and must know
>>
>>753697

Was it expensive? Did you just leave it docked in the same location, or did you move around?
>>
>>753697

Hello from Rodley. I live about 200m from the canal.
>>
File: Beg.jpg (112KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Beg.jpg
112KB, 800x800px
It's probably not very comfortable over long walks, but I just like the leather.
>>
>>756119
You are either a dumb girl that wants to carry a purse inna, or a colossal faggot.
>>
File: 1446676342968.jpg (55KB, 300x355px) Image search: [Google]
1446676342968.jpg
55KB, 300x355px
>>756128
I just like the leather m8.

Accuse me as you will.
>>
File: hnnngg.png (172KB, 413x497px) Image search: [Google]
hnnngg.png
172KB, 413x497px
want so bad...80$
>>749987
never grow up!
>>
File: yakyyk.png (320KB, 1230x930px) Image search: [Google]
yakyyk.png
320KB, 1230x930px
I want a kayak. I'm surrounded by beaches so maybe there's a spot I could get to and camp.

>>756119
Saddleback has some good looking bags. It'd be cool if I had a cabin innawoods or something.
>>
File: HIGONOKAMI steak2.jpg (170KB, 1020x400px) Image search: [Google]
HIGONOKAMI steak2.jpg
170KB, 1020x400px
>>
File: ef-600-4l-is-ii-usm-675x450-d.jpg (57KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
ef-600-4l-is-ii-usm-675x450-d.jpg
57KB, 675x450px
The thing is, due to how great D500 is, I'm switching systems. So I'll never have Canon's big white.
>>
>>750120
Wow, what made you this mean?
>>
>>741403
I know a poor person who bought one of these and refurbished it.

So it can't be that expensive.
>>
>>756661
From what I hear it's cheaper to live in these boats than a house on land but if you try to keep a house on land and a boat too: you're cruising for a bruising.
>>
File: 1451189378725.jpg (55KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1451189378725.jpg
55KB, 500x321px
>>741878
>river boat
Ocean
>>
>>752829
noice
>>
>>753707
I lived on a bigger one than that and it was in a marina, dutch barges are bigger than a typical english canal barge. I did spend some weeks on a smaller barge and yes they are smaller but you spend most of your time outside. Biggest problem for me was hitting my head on the cieling all the time, you develop a hunched back because you are always ducking.

>>753961
It was way cheaper than renting an apartment, can get cold at night in winter but we had a coal fire and i wore merino wool underclothes all the time anyway, i would call it cosy but i know my girlfriend would describe it as freezing.

You can do summer rentals of them so definitely try that and see if its for you.

>>753978
Bingley here, nice to see someone so local on here
>>
>>741878

I doubt you'd be able to go out on the Great Lakes never mind the ocean, because you clearly know sweet fuck all about boating or sailing.
>>
>>753121
>>752671
>>752510
Lol. Y'all mad as fuck. This is supposed to be a thread where you post things you want, no matter how expensive or outlandish. A Walmart backpack isn't exactly anything to drool over. He's just the sound engineer faggot who piggybacked off the thread to continue his never ending blog. Also, any article with as much stitching as a backpack couldn't possibly be sold new for $20 unless it was made in a sweatshop, probably in China, so have fun continuing to support that, I guess.
>>
>>756757
>This is supposed to be a thread where you post things you want, no matter how expensive or outlandish.
that wasn't in the OP
>>
>>756757

>Calls everyone mad
>Gets mad himself

GG sperg
>>
>>756757
are you that salty old ninny who always talks about shooting dogs? you sound like that salty old ninny who always talks about shooting dogs.

>select all images with french fries
>>
>>741358
>all those lines
shit
>>
>>756757
Do you still have all your teeth?

Like, in your mouth, I mean.
>>
>>756757
>Y'all mad as fuck
Nothing to see here guys, is just a sperg that felt here from /b/ or some retarded board like that.
>>
>>756796
Maybe not explicitly, but it was what I gathered from the OP. What is certain, though, is that this is a thread where you post what you WANT, not where you update your blog.
>>756801
>implying
>>756906
I would never shoot a dog unless absolutely necessary or to put it out of its misery.
>>756984
I've been coming to /out/ since it was created. Stay mad :^
>>
>>756983

Kek
>>
File: sadfrog_walker.jpg (205KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog_walker.jpg
205KB, 640x480px
i want a tennessee walker but it's probably never gonna be in the cards
>>
>>741083
Are they fixed blades yet or still shit
>>
>>757376

Don't you want a horse that can run as well?
>>
>>757393

You must be one of those americans who fell for the batoning meme
>>
Looking for some cookware, really looking for sturdy classic pots and pans
>>
>>757396
walkers can move at a good clip, although they aren't able to race i guess

just for them trails bro
>>
>>757376
I have zero experience with horses but my cousin says they are doggo tier bros. Who knows anon, maybe one day you'll get to own one.
>>
>>757404
my dad used to have a couple horses when i was wee. one was a retired racehorse, the other was her son. i remember riding her around the house when i was about 3yrs old. he sold them by the time i was 5 so i never got to grow up with them.

but then many years later i went horseback riding on a tennessee walker and just fell in love with him. i didn't want to leave ;_;
>>
>>757112
anon do you have an amazon wishlist with some /out/ items by chance? i wanna get you an egg holder or a first aid kit or a little flint striker or something.
>>
>>757112

>>implying

What a rebuttal! That clears everything up then!
>>
File: 2015-08-05 11.28.58.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-05 11.28.58.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Have this bike, got it in August 2015, put maybe 800 miles on it, sucks to do it with a heavy pack load so I want to get a motor.

Anyone here know a good gas/oil add-on engine for bikes?
>>
>>757412
I appreciate the gesture but I do not have an Amazon wishlist. Thanks though.
>>
>>757643
>INTERSPORT
Grüßgott, Landsmann!
>>
>>757798
Skåne, du?
>>
>>757806
>>757798
Intersport exists all over Europe, stop thinking you're from the same place.
>>757806
Also, Oslo here, not THAT far away.
>>
>>757868
Didn't know, only moved to Sweden a year ago and haven't noticed any when I was in France/Germany.

Going to be in Oslo a couple days this summer with a bunch of American friends, is it really as expensive as everyone says?
>>
>>757893
Intersport exists in no less than 45 countries, but they don't do a lot of advertisements and such, and often don't even have signs outside their stores.

As for Oslo, the Norwegian currency has dropped by 35% the last year because of low oil prices, so it's a lot cheaper than before, but you should still expect to pay $7.50 (or more) for a beer.
>>
>>757921
Well thank goodness for plunging economy in beautiful countries, anything you think a bunch of Americans who've never been to Scandinavia before should see? Definitely taking them to Lapland and to see some fjords, other than that I don't know much about Norway.
>>
File: full_circle_cloak_1.jpg (85KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
full_circle_cloak_1.jpg
85KB, 400x544px
>>740890
Do they make goretex cloaks?
>>
>>757928
Don't really have any fantastic ideas, maybe take them for a stroll on a glacier or something like that. Seeing the nudity in Vigelandsparken could probably be nice. Force them to eat some typical viking food like smalahove or surströmming.
>>
>>741730
I got one, I barely use it. Get the BK22 companion, the bk7 is too big for most stuff and too small for everything else
>>
>>757952
Going to make them down a bottle of some akvavit then try surströmming, I'll be joining them, haven't tried it either.
Definitely going to see some glaciers/mountains.
>>757977
Have a BK-2, wish it was 1-2 inches longer but the BK-7 looks a bit silly with that tip.
>>
>>741358
Good choice...
Used one for 8 days on hardanggervidda(spelling?) in both good and bad weather... Very comfy. Sleeps 4 with space for gear.
>>
>>757930
I have been looking into making a cloak, not gore-tex but recycled canvas from an old tent.

I think the cloak has a future in being /out/
>>
>>758020
What benefits would it have over a poncho?
>>
File: Brass Brooch.jpg (64KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Brass Brooch.jpg
64KB, 960x720px
>>758020
I wear a thick wool blanket in the winter if it's really cold or snowing.

Make a pin, it's easy.
>>
>>758029
It goes further down and covers my shins as well...
Ponchos don't really do that for me.

I'm also trying to figure out a neat system that will allow it to be a bivvy bag or tarp.

I know a poncho does that to some degree but i hope to make my bivvy or tarp bigger...

I'm still in the planning phase, also my sewing machine has died...
>>
File: urbanassault.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
urbanassault.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>
Hey /out/. New to the camping and hiking hobby. Need to get a new watch and I want to get one with camping in mind. Is this a good watch? Need something affordable.

http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Watch-Paracord-Adjustable-Starter/dp/B01A5W5002?ie=UTF8&colid=1WIO5ZQD8OZ95&coliid=I1HETOL0VXMEV2&psc=1&ref_=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl
>>
>>758103
You really want to get a not cheap compass if you're mapreading. Even a lightly unmagnetised compass will fuck you up big time.

Otherwise it looks OK I guess. I personally would just get a lightweight $8 clone watch and a bic lighter and a decent $10 compass.
>>
>>758103
Nah m8. For that money get one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MRW-S300H-1BVCF-Solar-Powered-Analog-Sport/dp/B00ELALQYE/ref=sr_1_3?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1462578012&sr=1-3&keywords=casio+analog

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-AQ-S810W-1AV-Solar-Sport-Combination/dp/B00791R1MI/ref=sr_1_6?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1462578012&sr=1-6&keywords=casio+analog
>>
>>758096
Wish I'd bought one of the Camelbak tri-zips.
>>
>>758103
>Paracord band
It's going to break down really quickly.
>>
File: Telogreyka.jpg (33KB, 800x579px) Image search: [Google]
Telogreyka.jpg
33KB, 800x579px
Buying myself one as soon as I can find one that I feel is worth its money
>>
Tops 7 kukuri.
<1095 high carbon steel
< black linen micarta handle
< olive darb ballistic nylon sheath
< molle
Designed by a guy named Nicholas Fury
>>
>>758103

Generally with /out related things you want to avoid anything with the words "extreme", "survival", or "10 in 1" in the title. They're traps for the gullible and guaranteed to break almost immediately.
>>
File: BRBNFLPR.jpg (206KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BRBNFLPR.jpg
206KB, 1200x1200px
kind of want this jacket. but not sure if autistic or not
>>
>>753697

what type of fish are in that water
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 89

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.