[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home Defense and general survival when SHTF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1459099842776.jpg (243KB, 1150x383px) Image search: [Google]
1459099842776.jpg
243KB, 1150x383px
Hi, this is a really weird thread but i'm a long time lurker so i have to ask.

>How do i redpill my boyfriend on outdoor survival

I want us to buy a nice acreage and fortify it for potential happenings (i'm concerned about packs of marauding immigrants or home invasions from criminals, it's a recent problem in my city, plus learn survival skills together and make our property integrated with nature...

But he seems to care more about spending time on the computer or at home.

We both love cars and so i've tried to get him to go on roadtrips to see how beautiful the countryside is, but he doesn't seem that interested.

I would love to go camping together, but again, the above.

Money is not a problem for us, we're both highly paid...but i dunno how to get him more involved in anything outdoorsy.

I never got to try hunting, or fishing or camping growing up and i wish i had and want to experience that now.

pic related, the aussie bush
>>
>>724647
Start with picnics on weekends. Tell him how cool it would be to grill something and maybe spend the night camping.

Baby steps and positive reinforcement do wonders. Hope it helps.
>>
>>724656
i do love to do bbq, i spent last week doing 6 diff marinades. thanks for tips.
>>
>>724647
He can have my gf and I'll take you.

Mine likes to over analyze and bring irrational fears into the mix. That's just how she justifies her stance on not liking the outdoors much. She won't camp because she's afraid of getting attacked by a bear or something. Sure it can happen. No doubt but the statistic of that actually happening is slim to none. Even if I told her it's impossible she still wouldn't go.

And just thinking about it she's not even a pleasure to be with in the woods. She complains non stop. I can't even enjoy watching leaves fall without her saying there's too much mud or I can't walk that fast.

It's just like bro. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the silence.
>>
>>724647
You need to realize the basic differences in the way genders are wired. He is a male and is wired to perform and win things. This makes him predisposed to vidya games.
You on the other hand are a female and are wired to solve issues and nurture and provide which makes you better at planning and homesteading. I don't think there's a lot you can do other than turn him into a lesbian OR accept his feely ways and hug him OR find another like minded female and start a survival cult.

Good luck femanon, we're counting on you.
>>
File: 1458697367688.jpg (489KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1458697367688.jpg
489KB, 1024x576px
>>724647
>redpill
First, drop that shit because this is not /pol/

>boyfriend
Second, if you as a woman are the one that have to take the initiative about the protection for both of you he may not be the man you want to be the father of your kids.

> i'm concerned about packs of marauding immigrants or home invasions from criminals, it's a recent problem in my city
Europe?

All that being said, protect your home in not that difficult since money is not a problem. A home with solid concrete walls and a reinforced door will easily do that for you. You can also acquire a gun and you're pretty much set.
Plus you can always get security cameras, a nice fence and a well trained pupper.

Acquiring skills is where the difficulty is. You'll need to spend time learning, training and then trying those said skills by yourself. Try to look on the web for SERE courses near your location, get /fit/, and build a strong personality. It is more important than most of the people think, in emergency situations the most important thing is how you'll deal with the problem, does not matter if you're highly skilled but you break up easily and go to a corner and start crying.

Try to push you bf, motivate him, if he still does not care tell him to fuck off and do it by yourself.

Last thing, pls stay away from shit like that youtube channel of that austrian faggot survival lilly and related channels. They're crap.

Good luck.
>>
>>724647
you may find a trustworthy, reliable group of like-minded people to be a great asset.
suggest you make this a social thing: meet some new people, join a club, etc.
some people only change when its too late, though.
keep your options open.
>>
>>724647
Be my gf? We can live in the woods together forever.
>>
>home defense
>general survival
>shtf

This thread is dildos.
/thread
>>
>>724883
So are you coming out of the closet?

OP is obviously a dude. But at least he is a bottom so you can still act like the man in the relationship.
>>
>>724883
im actually terrified of cannibals in the wilderness, but i still go cause it's so nice.

>>724931
i said it for lack of a better word.

nah, australia. government imported a bunch of somalis who are running around with machetes.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/apex-gang-melbourne-inside-the-dandenong-group-blamed-for-moomba-violence/news-story/bad7e50883adf8a7a43e935bde3becaf?nk=c0a2be3b7bc5dba998a31db7dbf7c5d4-1459227034

ontop of that, there's this shit

http://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/courts-law/thousands-sign-petition-to-free-ben-batterham-as-he-faces-court-charged-with-murdering-alleged-home-invader/news-story/e8e272246cc8b5525c6ac2049bfc62a4

>abo tries to steal the dad's daughter
>gets killed during the struggle as he defends his home
>Dude is now up for murder charges
>Abo has a history of violent break and enters
>His mom is claiming he was a gud boi

it's fucking surreal, the criminals here have more rights than people in their homes.

that's why i want to take a proactive home defense option and use the enviroment so a criminal wont even get close to my house without being exhausted (fences, trenches)

i can get a gun easy, but if i ever use it on a criminal we're fucked
>>
File: 1454872110144.gif (3MB, 275x293px) Image search: [Google]
1454872110144.gif
3MB, 275x293px
>>725315
>government imported a bunch of somalis who are running around with machetes.
Fuck, I thought that you hard cunts had some based imigrations laws and were not accepting anyone. When did that changed?

Yeah I read about that home invasion on /k/, but is that common? Were not and isolated case? Get a pupper. German sheperd, Rottie, Belgian malinois etc are great choices. And yes get a gun, better judge 12 than carried by 6.
>>
>>724647
> fortify it for potential happenings
>i'm concerned about packs of marauding immigrants
>redpill
>>>/k/
>>>/pol/
>>>/8ch/

>aussie
figures.

Also you might need to upgrade your boyfriend.
>>
Hire a bunch of black guys to stage a home invasion and gangbang you, he gets terrified and you get a gangbang, it's a win/win.
>>
File: 1457919263830.jpg (241KB, 1227x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1457919263830.jpg
241KB, 1227x1001px
>>725343
home invasions spiked after the gun ban, as well as assaults. I don't mean to make this discussion full /k/, just to give you guys a perspective on why i'm concerned.

>>725347
I'm serious. It's a real problem here, home invasions and shootings have skyrocketed.

There have been 15 in the last 8 days, yet they keep lying about how gun control works.

I'm just being realistic, i want to be prepared if shit does hit the fan.

>>725343
Was thinking about getting a german Shepard
>>
>>725371
Just one thing if you get a pupper, do not get it just for protection, you'll have to train and give attention to it, so you must like dogos. Also just for the sake of the thread, are you a girl or a fag?
>>
>>725315
>i can get a gun easy, but if i ever use it on a criminal we're fucked
handy part of living the rural life, you can get good at using a shovel
>>
>>725380
This, I have killed countless snakes, cooked meals, played cricket, dug holes to shit in with my faithful shovel
>>
>>725489
yes exactly, the shit of this earth is best buried
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.