[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No guns survival.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 11

File: No-Gun.jpg (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
No-Gun.jpg
79KB, 500x500px
What's the point?
How can people properly plan for shtf survival when they don't even have a proper means of self defense?
>>
>>679102
Idk senpai, I'm American, I don't have these problems.
>>
>>679102
not everyone lives in an area that permits funs. Also, ammo runs out. Obviously you should get a gun and ammo if you can, but I can see why people focus on weapons that can't run out of ammo.
>>
>>679107
This.

Of course it doesn't make having a gun a bad idea, as long as you're not an idiot, which 9/10 Americans are blithering fucking idiots and more likely to shoot themselves or someone they love than anyone or anything that is an actual threat.

The downsides of guns in a shtf situation are myriad - ammo being the primary one - it's heavy and should shit really hit the fan, would be difficult to acquire more. Having lots of guns and lots of ammo stockpiled only makes sense if you have a small army to man your stockpile because you only have two hands. Depending on the scenario you may have to bug out and guess where all the ammo, gun stockpile and shit loads of "survival" food and supplies goes when you do.
>>
>>679113

The weight is no longer really a concern once you ditch it, and chances are that if you were using it, you probably kinda needed it.
>>
>>679119
that's true but given that your average /k/ommando crossposter thinks they are going to stockpile 10,000 rounds of ammo and that it will be useful in a shtf situation, I thought I should point it out
>>
>>>/k/

sage
>>
Bump
This isn't /k/ related because I am looking for survival info to accommodate fore NOT having a firearm.
>>
>>679102

Guns won't do you much good after your fat ass starves to death. What are you guys going to do after your "stockpile" runs out? It seems like the average American gun owner is too retarded to hunt and you guys are lacking the open space and resources Canada has.

A half inch of snow can effectively shut down a American city, I don't see how a gun would help that situation.
>>
>>679184
>bumping /out/
go back to where you came from
>>
>>679187
>A half inch of snow can effectively shut down a American city
Maybe a half inch in LA or somewhere unprepared.
>>
>>679187
You have no idea what you're talking about. The only people who stockpile are hicks - hunting, gardening and canning are pretty damn common further down South.

That said of course gunowners who can't can or hunt won't last long. Same would apply anywhere.
>>
>>679102
buy or make a bow and some arrows (bows are ranked as toys in some no-gun countries)
a bow does not make much noise and you can always produce more arrows
>>
>>679102
best self defense in shtf is not being found
second best is large numbers and perimeter defense
only third best is firepower

because the attacker has all the advantage they know when and how they will attack they can take you out with a shitty ww1 bolt action rifle even if you man a .50 machine gun.

having a gun pretty much only guarantees that you can't be pushed around by noguns bruisers. and that's the end of it.
>>
>>679113
>prep for shtf
>stockpile guns and ammo
>hide them in caches in the woods
>mark gps locations
>shtf sats gone
>your gps doesn't work
>you can't find your caches
>you feel really stupid
>>
>>679275
Well, if you are living in a area where are very little guns, then thats pretty good, in germany for example your semiautomatic Ar15 is King
>>
>>679490
there are still 6.000.000 registered weapons in Germany and estimated 20.000.000 illegal ones
>>
>>679505
Yeah but as far as I expirienced it as a member of a shootingclub for a couple of years in germany those guns are:

1.owned by a minority that owns a lot of funs rather than every citizen owning one
2. A lot of boltaction rifles, small caliber guns etc that are not really the best for combat
>>
>>679275
So much this.

If you want to have a firearm for hunting that's one thing, but most people buy guns because they're cowards who don't feel safe unless they're "packing heat". God forbid a black bear try to sneak past them to get a drink of water. "It was comin' right fur me!"
>>
>>679125
It IS useful... if you are bugging IN instead of OUT. It is a viable trade good, can get you food, or help you defend yourself. You aren't going to be able to carry it anywhere though.
>>
File: 1428318505144.jpg (54KB, 420x331px) Image search: [Google]
1428318505144.jpg
54KB, 420x331px
Being in a country with very idiotic and orwellian gun laws i'll explain.

First of all, apart from chavs and pakis in London and other cities, the majority of people don't have guns. Rural areas have lots of shotguns and rifles and a few pistols from old soldiers.

Guns do make a lot of noise, have ammunition that you can't make in a SHTF scenario. however i'd rather have a lee enfield or SKS to defend myself than a bow, But i'd rather hunt with a bow in SHTF since it's silent and doesn't attract attention.

Crossbows, bows, swords, axes, are good self defense tools, guns aren't necessary but are the best.
>>
>>679102
Pretty sure only Americans have shtf fantasies.
>>
>>679102
Could be an interesting thought-exercise, for if you were caught without one when you needed it for some reason.
Like, a commercial airline crash? With the right crew, I'd bet you could come up with some spears and slingshots in short order.
>>
>>681161
>ammunition that you can't make in a SHTF scenario
What if I have a blunderbuss and know how to make powder? Not the greatest range, I'll grant you, but I'll never be out of ammunition.
>>
>>681180
i used to have them a lot.
i wanted this shit world where everything is owned and preordained to end.
but i have come to realize how shitty that world without civilization would be in a few years. especially if there are other survivors.
>>
>>681254
you need a sulfur mine and a saltpeter mine and be able to burn chaorcal.
>>
>>681613
>saltpeter mine
you mean like a cave? With bats? and guano? that's right...
>sulfur mine
but I live next to hot springs; I can just harvest some sulfur that's collected where water evaporated...
>burn charcoal
um, wut? I can MAKE charcoal, if that's what you're getting at.

Are you sure you know what you're talking about?
>>
>>683818
>you mean like a cave? With bats? and guano?
Or a compost heap you can piss on.
>>
>>681613
People in prisons have made explosive powders with access to nothing more than wooden matches and urine. Not that there would be a limitless supply of matches or that it would be the most efficient method, but it does show that it's possible to improvise.
>>
>>679187
This poster has never been to America.

Disregard this poster.
>>
>>679125

10,000 rounds isn't all that much. Many legit gun owners have that many and it's just how much they happen to have on hand.

About 90% of threads like these tend to be idiots looking for an excuse to flaunt how little they know about America, firearms, or both.

As to OP, who is also an idiot: survivalism isn't just about preparing for SHTF. In any natural disaster, at least in the USA, relief agencies can't get workers and supplies into the field in less than 72 hours. Therefore, you need supplies and skills even if you don't believe in the zombie apocalypse, nuclear war, Carrington Event, caldera, canary island split, or financial collapse. I don't know what the EU says its subjects need to prepare for, but since 22,000 people died in marseilles because it was hot outside, you'd be crazy not to be prepping there.

Firearms are a smart addition to your supplies... IF you have the training to use them. If not, prepping is still an important thing to do.

And no this isn't limited to /k/ /tg/ or /pol/. Supplies and training for self sufficiency is part of /out/, too. Topics can be relevant to more than one board.
>>
>>679275

This is the big problem with the "I carry a gun for self-defense" argument.

Unless you're a paranoid faggot who can't go two minutes around other people without putting his hand on his gun in preparation for an attack (in which case, the stress is more likely to kill you than the possibility of an attack, and you'll probably go to jail for threatening other people), the attacker almost always has the drop on you. What do you do when they have a gun pointed at your head? You either comply or you get shot. The tissue in your double digit IQ brain being used to play the macho action hero scenario will be laying on the ground in pieces in a few seconds.

The only normal exceptions are home invasions, where the attacker is forced to inform you that they're approaching in some way, at least assuming that you lock your doors and windows so as to make it very difficult for them to reach you silently. Having a shotgun in the house is just about the only scenario where the argument is valid.
>>
>>679276
Why would the satellites be down in most situations?
>>
>>685226

Because satellites are magic techy things, and any kind of communication equipment invented after 1900 ceases to work in any kind of order-threatening disaster!
>>
>>679579
Don't make me post the list of people killed by bears in North America
>>
>>685241

A bear can continue charging after he's been shot.

Bear spray and lots of noise is more likely to save you from the bear than a gun.
>>
Men have been surviving in total wilderness long before firearms came along.
I do not depend on firearms for survival, they are nice to have but when you have a Kentucky rifle, bullet mould, lead, saltpetre, sulphur, charcoal and the know how to make granulated powder, you are better off than the guy with the .500 blackout.
Knowledge of primitive bow making and fetching is easy to get. Atl atl are even easier to make.
>>
>>684290
>I don't know what the EU says its subjects need to prepare for, but since 22,000 people died in marseilles because it was hot outside, you'd be crazy not to be prepping there
>22,000

wat
that isn't right
>>
>>679102
This is a problem.. as we all know, the gun existed for centuries before humanity came around. We have literally never been with out our deadly metal penises.
>>
>>686258
Can you survive in the woods without a gun?
Yes

Can you survive in the woods when inbred rednecks with guns are looking for some defenceless liberal to rape?
If you give good enough head they might keep you around
Hope you packed some carmex to keep your lips soft
>>
>>679102
I love plinking on some large distances out there. Picking up brass is a pain in the ass though but I make it a point to pick up spent cases.
>>
File: Cody lundin survival expert.jpg (94KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Cody lundin survival expert.jpg
94KB, 600x450px
>>679187
Everyone needs to learn primitive survival skills to really survive for long periods of time.

Stockpiling is a short term strategy.
>>
>>679579
>but most people buy guns because they're cowards

What percentage? And what sources are you getting your statistics from? Also, are you sure about the cowardice? What metric is used to establish the presence of cowardice?

Just wondering.
>>
>>681180
Probably because we don't get to have shtf as it's fantasized about. No invasions or occupations, no heroic stands at the barricades, no desperate struggles in the trenches.

Instead, we get weather.

Personally, I don't think having a war on our own turf is all that it's cracked up to be. The rest of the world hosts wars all the time, and they don't seem to enjoy it that much. It's almost like addictive behavior.
>>
>>681613
Or you could do a few minutes of research to find out how to make black powder analogue out of piss and sugar.
>>
>>684290
>relief agencies can't get workers and supplies into the field in less than 72 hours.

Local government has to request FEMA aid before the feds can do anything. Then it'll be 72 hours until boots on the ground.

That's why Katrina was such a fiasco. The mayor of NO and the governor of Loiusiana refused to ask for federal help. They were making a political statement.
>>
>>685222
Shotguns are suboptimal for HD. You're an opinionated moron. Please don't breed, the world has enough of your kind of stupid.
>>
>>685222

>t. a European who likes thought experiments.
>>
>>679276

>not doing dry runs and memorising routes

>not marking on a map

>relying on somthing an emp can easily kill
>>
>>679187
>What are you guys going to do after your "stockpile" runs out?
Start reloading my ammo.

I wouldn't plan on using my firearms to hunt though, I would rather shoot a bunch of rabbits, squirrels, birds and other small game with an air rifle because ammo is cheap and they don't make a lot of noise
>>
>>679102
Brazilian here. I've been out a couple times, I don't have a gun because it's easier to get a gf than get a legal gun here. I really never understood why you people take assault rifles to camps. You barely have any large animals and they usually keep away from you. I've slept in Jaguar & Queixada (an agressive boar that walks arround in packs) and nothing ever happened if you are cautious. Things I've seen closely on the woods :
>niggers
>drug dealers, ilegal ranchers, ilegal loggers, ilegal goldminers who left me alone (were armed)
>jaguar
>boars
>jacarés (large gators that are abundant were I went)
>ariranha (agressive otter that walks in packs)
>big loadsa of cattle running wild
>sneks
>spoders
I don't know why you are so afraid to the point of taking guns while /out/. Just a knife, something to make fire and first aid things will do for most cases. You americans are so paranoid and afraid of everything.
>>
>>686861
>jaguar & queixada territory*
>>
>>685226
well if it's war related they will be the first things shot down as many war-tech and navigation currently relies on them.

if it's solar flare related again they will be fried most likely.

i have no idea that without human maintenance how long they would be able to function. can they even automatically maintain an orbit or need periodic adjusting from hq? most likely the latter.
>>
>>686798
emp doesn't kill small gadgets.
it can take down power-lines sure anything over a meter long wires is highly susceptible.
>>
>>681254
If you're that smart, just make your own blunderbuss from a toothpick and some of your own hair or whatever
>>
>>679102
I really wish preppers went to /k/, first the fucking day of rope urbex shit now this
>>
>>686898
Satelites decay and fall back to earth. They need replacing obviously after becoming a piece of rusting piece of metal on the bottom of the ocean.
>>686899
>emp doesn't destroy small gadgets
EMP is a pulse. You didn't specify what pulse or it's characteristics.

Why the fuck do you preppers didn't go to school
>>
>>681161

Look here lads, another internet-expert
>>
>>686922
Doesn't really sound that way to me. Anon just states an opinion. Nothing trolly or "I know more than you all" about IMHO.
>>
>>686957

Well, for starters..

UK gun law isn't idiotic or orwellian. Banning pistols and requiring a license isn't a restriction of freedom. That's like saying banning leaded petrol and requiring a license to drive is restricting freedom.

Chavs and packs aren't the main groups. If you're talking gun crime, over 50% is committed by black men - apparently.

>Few pistols from soldiers

Just not true. Don't even get to keep their service weapon let alone pistols.

Bow hunting? kek. I hope you've practiced a lot. Does anon even own a bow?

Etc.

Point I'm driving at is anon obviously has no experience with guns, bows, or anything else he's offering advice on and is just spreading misinformation.
>>
Just use a bow.

I'm American and I don't have gun because I don't have any need for it.

I have a longbow and knives, which are fine.

I also have an English longsword for home defense.
>>
>>687009

>I also have an English longsword for home defence.

The autism is strong with this one.

Do you have a chainmail hauberk to go with it?
>>
>>687012

No, I'm not a sperg.

I found it at a thrift store and decided I should get it.
>>
>>687015

>longsword for home defence
>not a sperg

Whatever you say buddy
>>
File: 1440460192418.png (78KB, 227x266px) Image search: [Google]
1440460192418.png
78KB, 227x266px
>>687009
>I also have an English longsword for home defense.

How is that autism treating you?
>>
>>687009
faggot
>>
>>685222
>everyone who owns a gun is a paranoid idiot
Wow m8, you really know nothing don't you? What a waste of trips
>>
File: 1452724445950.png (166KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1452724445950.png
166KB, 499x499px
>>686996
>UK gun law isn't idiotic or orwellian
Pic related
>Chavs and packs aren't the main groups. If you're talking gun crime, over 50% is committed by black men - apparently.
Huh, guess you brit bongs have it the same as us burgers. Go figure
>>
>>687100

We can still own pistols, rifles and shotguns up to semi-auto it's just that we have strict gun laws, therefore no gun crime. Unlike the american gun laws which allow a weekly school shooting. What is so scary about restriction on who can own and why they need own one?
>>
>>687126

I am talking about semi-auto shotguns (it's not that clear)
>>
File: piechart.jpg (31KB, 775x491px) Image search: [Google]
piechart.jpg
31KB, 775x491px
>>687126
>no gun crimes
How is that knife crime rate doing?
>mass shootings
>muh chilluns
>>
File: original.jpg (986KB, 3504x1913px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
986KB, 3504x1913px
>>687205

You can manipulate statistics however you want. OF COURSE murders are only a fraction of deaths. But how do you YOUR murder/death ratio compare to other countries? Or, to pick a better metric that actually indicates frequency of murder deaths, how many murders per capita?

Pic related shows murders per 100,000 pop. As
>>
>>687505
Greenland wtf?
>>
>>685253
not if you shoot him dead familae.
>>
>>687505
who decided on that color scheme? i can't tell which country is fucking what
>>
>>686996
Banning something isn't a restriction of freedom. So you punish you children by giving them sweets or taking them away?
>>
>>687009
Translation: I am a convicted felon that wishes he could own a firearm.
>>
>>687126
Because American don't know what the term "glassing" is, and knife violence rate is a fraction of the UK's (Yeah, Scotland, murder capital of Europe). But go ahead and focus on our guns, while you ignore your knives.
>>
>>687126
>why they need own one

It's a constitutional right. I don't have to need it.
>>
>>687539
They manipulate statistics by including suicides in gun violence.
>>
>>686996
Being an archery instructor, I have a bow. I'm not that anon though so KELLELELELE
>>
File: art.jpg (12KB, 196x179px) Image search: [Google]
art.jpg
12KB, 196x179px
>>687205
1 in 200 murdered. TFW several people I know would have been murdered in America.
>>
>>687566
You american by any chance?
>>
>>687566

This is a diagram of murder per capita, it assumes you have a basic knowledge of world geography.. hence no country names..

>>687592
kek
>>
>>685228
gps system needs regular maintenance, additional/replacement satellites, and have to have access to 3 or more from the ground for accurate readings/info. Also space time pieces.
>>
>>687591
the stats are a bit misleading, if you're not black your chances of being murdered go down significantly.
>>
>>679107
Either way always good to have,ammo runs out but you can conserve it for emergancies. Failing one day at trapping,foraging or hunting with your other tools then you use the gun.
>>
>>686922
>>686996
I was 7 when I got my first knife, 10 when I got my first bow, and have owned many swords and knives in my life.

I've got a lot more experience than you, cuck. Gun laws are orwellian.
>>
>>679125

Supply caches away from home base would be a smart move if you were to have a large ammo supply. That way if you have to bug out quick, you don't have to trek back to main base for ammo.
>>
>>686761
it gets you a headstart basically
>>
>>679276
If you have a decent map you can figure out rough lat and long, good enough to find your supplies.
>>
>>679107
Guns are invaluable, there is no greater equalizer. Even only having one round could mean the difference between life and death, or losing all your possessions. You really don't need that many rounds unless you are expecting a zombie apocalypse. Ammo would eventually become too valuable to waste on hunting, when you can hunt with other weapons and traps.
>>
>>679107
well newsflash knives have ammo too. oh no your knife gets dull what do you do? cant sharpen it better buckle up cause your knife just ran out of ammo
>>
File: le stoic.jpg (3KB, 125x95px) Image search: [Google]
le stoic.jpg
3KB, 125x95px
>>688984
>cuck
>having many "swords" most probably cheat weeb shit
>cuck
>cuck
Why /pol/ doesn't go back to /pol/ or shitposting on /k/? This is worse than non-ironical container housing on /diy/
>>
>>689171
cheap*
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.